12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Photography
on: September 29, 2012 01:57
Hello all!

Last Photography thread vanished due to a slight issue with the forum, never mind heres a new one.

Phoptography for me is a rare gift to Mankind, the ability to capture time and frezze an image for ever, it really is incredible. and its a great way of self exspression.

So anyway, if you've taken any pictures post'em here! No matter your skill level, Its great to share pictures with each other. I'll start

Faith by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

-Chris
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: October 01, 2012 02:16
Here's an oak. It is old, very old, such that I feel young again.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2012 02:10
Thats a beautiful old tree! I wonder how many stories it could tell if it could talk!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 08, 2012 02:49
Nimrodel perhaps.

tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 17, 2012 04:54
Here's another old oak, much blasted by storms, quite near the other one in a place called the Valley of Desolation. Not kidding.
Ah! Can't upload image in edit mode. Rats! Next post then...
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 17, 2012 05:09

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2012 08:03
Wow, Nimrodel is fantastic.

Valley of Desolation. Perfect name,for all these old oaks.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 23, 2012 02:16
Thanks. The stream shot was taken with an old Voigtlander Bessa 66, guessing the exposure and focus, same with that B&W shot of this place. Can't remember where it is now. I'd recommend getting a manual camera, just because it's much more fun. The trees were taken with a Ricoh manual SLR.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2012 01:17
I have throught about it, but I like the ease of use with a digital.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 30, 2012 03:40
At the risk of becoming tedious I find a manual SLR quicker and easier than a full auto camera. This shot of a swan is hopelessly over-exposed, even though I'd set the camera down a stop. With a manual I'd have adjusted the little meter needle down and focused in less time than it took to switch on the digital, and all without taking my eye off the subject. Not convinced? Oh well.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 31, 2012 05:52
Another one! A beautiful Peacock butterfly but the camera's more interested in the grass.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2012 06:36
That is a beautiful butterfly tarcolan! I've taken a few butterfly pictures too. I'll have to find one to upload.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2012 11:57
Quote from tarcolan on October 30, 2012, 13:40
At the risk of becoming tedious I find a manual SLR quicker and easier than a full auto camera. This shot of a swan is hopelessly over-exposed, even though I'd set the camera down a stop. With a manual I'd have adjusted the little meter needle down and focused in less time than it took to switch on the digital, and all without taking my eye off the subject. Not convinced? Oh well.

That is pretty convincing I must say, but one issue I have with them is money, sending films away costs to much for me, and you don't know if the pictures will be any good.

Great Butterfly by the way! I have often tried to photo them but always fail lol!

Moon by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

I took this in the garden of a house which I have moved from now. I really likde the tree
tarcolan
Send Message
on: November 07, 2012 02:25
Lovely shot. Is it a Powershot photo? I'm surprised it focused if it is. My attempts at a moon shot with the Canon came out fuzzy.
If you look closely at the butterfly you'll see it's out of focus. It was so sunny I couldn't check it on the screen. It's a Lumix camera so I expected it to cope with this. Bah! I'm taking my SLR in future.
There's a few cheap film labs in UK who'll process and scan to disc for £5.50 including postage. Yep! I'll still keep on nagging.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2012 11:57
Whoa, is the moon really that small over there?
tarcolan
Send Message
on: November 08, 2012 02:55
Well we're much further away of course!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2012 01:24
Lol the moon is rather small here, it is a Powershot photo. Not my normal thing realy I tend to take, but I was happy with it. I must say 5.50 is cheaper than I imagined!

Something a bit more LotR-ish

The One Ring by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
tarcolan
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 02:27
Huorn. I took this when it wasn't looking.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 08:21
Good shots! I want a replica of The One Ring too...
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2012 12:20
Great Huorn, I can almost imagine it moving!

Thanks Eruwestiel_Evensong.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 09:21
I actually had a dream with walking Ents in it one time. It was cool.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 07:13
Really? Ent are lovely creatures, Treebeards voice is so relaxing, I love the part form the Two Towers Film Extended Edition where he sings part of the Ent wives song.

A Picture of the Bible, I really like it, it took ages to get the spot light effect right.

He heard my cry for Mercy... by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2012 08:25
Wow, really nice Aragorn!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2012 07:36
These photos are all so beautiful. How do you put them on here?

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 12:06
Lindarielwen, you can upload an image if you click the 'Reply' link at the bottom of the page. It should be less than 450 pixels though they are resized. You can also add emoticons (horrible word). Alternatively, if the image is already on a website, you can use the quick reply pane and click the image button then put in the URL (web address) of the image. Oops, I was going to demonstrate but forgot, so next post-
tarcolan
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 12:20
Faerie queen lives behind this icicle curtain.
icy falls by real borosphere, on Flickr
Hint: if you right click on any image there should be a menu item for image info which will show the full URL. Sites like Flickr have a way to copy full code to show images.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 09:33
Tarcolan, thank you for the information. I am afraid I am not very good with the computer. But I will give it a try. All of your pictures are wonderful. Aragorn16Estel, yours are also very good.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2012 06:03
Wonderful photo tarcolan, it looks very magical!

Thanks Lindarielwen, As for how I upload picture's is from Flickr, I copy and past the "Share" code. I don't know if your on flickr but it is an excellant place to share photos.

Thanks Leoflic_Nightleaf

tarcolan
Send Message
on: December 16, 2012 12:09
Ta Aragorn16Estel, it was bitterly cold that day and my fingers were falling off so I didn't stay long. Next time there's icicles I'll try a bit harder to get a better shot.

If you're not confused enough yet Lindarielwen, you can join Flickr using your facebook, yahoo or google account(?!). I'd stick to uploading pics to this site as I said. We look forward to seeing some. C'mon, there must be one or two.

Tip: I use a program called Faststone Image Viewer which is free. Double click an image file and it opens full screen with all the tools popping out from the edges when you move the cursor there. It does all the usual resizing, cropping and such. Very quick and nifty. And it does screen grab. And slideshows.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2012 12:56
Hope this works. I shall give it a try. Sorry about the date stamp. Many of my shots have it. I do not have photoshop to get rid of it. I have since stopped using the date stamp.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2012 01:02

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2012 09:14
Aragorn16Estel. where did you get the One Ring?
Tarcolan, where did you take the picture of the Huorn? It is wonderful.

tarcolan
Send Message
on: December 19, 2012 09:57
Hi Lind, lovely photo. I've only just seen it 'cos it was on the previous page. Shame about the datestamp, good idea to turn it off. The file has date and time info stored in it antway, in the EXIF field, along with camera make, shutter speed and such. I'd recommend Faststone again as it shows this info in fullscreen mode when you move the mouse to the right. It can also resize the image (hint, hint). Go to www.faststone.org for a download. No, I'm not connected to them in any way I just think it's a really neat prog.

The Huorn is just up the road here in Yorkshire. I don't know what sort of tree it is really. More great trees to follow.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2012 01:37
Very nice photo Lindarielwen, I love it when trees bend that way! As for where I got the ring, I got it of ebay.com

Here is another shot of that particular ring, it is rather an accident, I was tring to get the inside band here, and it came out far better than I imagined, you can really see the detail ethched upon the band.

The One Ring Close by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2012 08:27
I was told I could have cropped the photo to get rid of the date stamp. Well, I will learn. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing more photos from you, Tarcolan, and from you as well, Aragorn16Estel.

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email