Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
thsmits
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: January 10, 2013 06:31
Lindarielwen an image or picture consist of little small colored dots named pixels. So when tarcolan says that images can be 475 pixels max it's an indication of how large the picture can be!

More information here if you're still confused:
Click!

Another picture here to keep on topic! Tiger in Blijdorp Zoo @ Rotterdam

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 06:50
thsmits, you have just posted a picture of a favourite animal of mine. It is a beautiful photo.

Thank you for the pixel information.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 06:58
I can imagine Tom Bombadil and Goldberry living here. I took this at Disney World.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 11:59
Ahhh Indonesia, I bet its beautiful there. Lol I only like maps of fantasy worlds lol!

Thanks thsmits - That tiger is just amazing, the colour and marking are so rich! I have never seen such an animal up that close before, its so sad that people hunt such wonderful creatures.

tarcolan - I like it, looks rather errie if I may say so.

Wow Lindarielwen! That is a great example of a Tom Bombadil type House make it a little bigger and the gardens a tad more wild and it would be perfect.

Thanks everyone for posting your picture's I am glad this thread has become more active, its great to see different peoples photos, and to see different places from around the world.

Also Amaille_Valin_Idhren, your photo of your beautful Country reminds me very much of what Mirkwood may of looked like, back when it was Greenwood the Great.

Fox Gloves close by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

A picture I took in my last house's garden of Fox gloves, they always look kind of sad really.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 12:37
Thsmits I love the sunsets and your Animal pictures are AWESOME!
Tracolan That's a very Beautiful road, I can imagine it will brings you another world.
Lindarielwen What a very nice little house

This photo still was taken in Bali
this place called Tanah Lot one most popular tourism destination. There is a Hindu temple on the shore and when the tides are low we can go down close to the temple.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 12:41
Great photo, I would love to see that Temple againist a sunset.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 03:45
It has been a lot of fun posting and viewing all of these great photos. I agree with you, Aragron16Estel, that it is wonderful to see photos from all around the world. And your foxgloves do look a little sad.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 04:22
Wow, really nice pics everyone! I really want to get a new camera soon. The one i really, really, really want, is the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. ♥♥♥. But alas, it is still about $3000 (1,859.42 pounds i think, for all you British chaps lol).
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 02:57
Gosh that is exspencive! I guess you have got a bit of saving to do. I use a Canon Powershot A470 for all my stuff, its not a mega exspencive camera, about £60 - £70, but it does what I need it too.

And since we have had a few animal photos:

I took this at the local Owl Sacntuary
Fearsome Owl eyes by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 11:22
Amazing photos here, keep snapping everyone.

Leo, we're not chaps we're blokes! Nice choice of camera and you could save some money by getting older EF lenses from film camera days. That's the benefit of full-frame digital. When are we going to see some of your pics?
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 11:48
@Aragorn16estel Awesome

Another photo from Bali. Dream Land
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 05:05
Amaille_Valin_Idhren, the sea calls me home.
Aragorn16Estel, your photograph of the owl is amazing! I love owls and many live nearby and I sometimes see them fly with their great wings outstretched.

tarcolan, what is the difference between a chap and a bloke?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 03:33
Thanks Amaille_Valin_Idhren - Beautful photo, dream land certainly is a good word!

Thank you Lindarielwen, I have never seen them in the wild but they are amazing creatures, through I have heard them, errie!
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 04:44
I'm an amateur, but here is one picture of mine. Seriously I'm not that good.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 04:50
Here's one that I need to fix up on Photoshop to take out some of the background stuff. I need to cut out the hand and the person with the white shirt.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 07:48
Ironfoot - great pics, love the dog is he/she yours? There is nowthing wrong with being an amateur, we all have to start somewhere! lol you should see some of my first shots.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 08:03
Thanks. No, the dog isn't mine; he's my neighbors. I think I posted a picture of my dog in the pets section of the member's gallery, though. Should be the most recent one.
EDIT: nvm, its being "reviewed by the staff" at the moment.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2013 10:07
@ironfoot Very nice I love the dog <3

Here is a photo of my ball jointed doll. It's a boy named Leofrand. I sew his outfits.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 04:28
Ironfoot, your photos are very good. Very nice closeups.
My little $40 Kodak is certainly not a professional camera but I think the photos it takes are just fine. I would love a 35mm digital though! Is that the correct term Aragorn16Estel?
Amaille_Valin_Idhren, such a sweet dolly.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 01:02
I'm not sure to be honest Lindarielwen, I am not too good with terms really.

You must be very good at sewing to sew such small outfits Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 07:26
Thanks Aragon16Estel and Lindarielwen. Im not very good at sewing but I can do it a little.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 10:06
Some of my Games Workshop figures

Lord of the rings Stratagy Battle game Rangers by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 10:27
Ironfoot, lovely shots. I wouldn't do too much to the puppy shot, it might start to look a bit odd. Maybe tone down the T-shirt and blur it a bit. Pictures need background. The bricks behind the bird (ibis?) set it off wonderfully.

Amaille, the beach photo has put the sea longing in me. I haven't seen the sea for years.

Lindarielwen, if you're happy with your camera stick with it. Concentrate on the image you want, composition, foreground/background and such things. The technology can so often take over.

I think you mean an SLR camera, 35mm is the film size. SLR stands for single lens reflex meaning you get to see through the lens taking the picture. Very useful when using different lenses and it allows you to see which bits are in or out of focus. They are very expensive though, but if you want to just play around with one to see if you like it then I'd recommend getting an old film SLR as they're incredibly cheap, $30-50.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2013 10:55
I have a weird interest with urban ruins and abandoned building. Once I sneaked up to an ex university and take a some photos.

Few months later this place was no longer a ruins. I sold to a company and they started to build a new buildings there
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 05:28
tarcolan, thank you for the information. I have heard that "film" will no longer be made. Have you heard this? I have a chance to get an old Minolta SLR. But maybe getting film developed will be an issue. At least with digital, I can pick and choose if I want a print made.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 01:19
Amaille, I like derelict buildings too, full of fading memories.

Lindarielwen, grab that Minolta! Very good make. Film is still made by Fuji and a few others, you might even find it in a supermarket, otherwise online. There are plenty of mail order labs who will develop the film and scan it to CD for about $6-10 so there's no excuses! Have fun!

The great Spanish photographer Emilia Valencia praised the US photography courses that started students with a big film camera, I mean film sheets of 5" x 4" or even 8" x 10". You have to be pretty sure of the image before you take the shot, so you spend most of the time just looking. She says the problem with digital is it's too quick and easy, and people don't really know what's in the frame.

Here's some frost...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 10:42
Aragorn16Estel, did you paint the figures yourself? I have seen games played at a comic book store and the figures you show are similar.

Amaille_Valin_Idhren, I love old abandoned structures.

tarcolan, frost has a life of its own. I think the Minolta is 30 years old. It is very heavy but I like the look of it. A nice person will let me have it for free, so the price is truly right.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 09:26
Yes I did paint them myself, I do so enjoy painting the figures.

Yeah abandoned Structures can be Facinating places, very sad too, they seem to echo with Ghosts of the past.

Great Frost Shot tarcolan! Heres my take upon Frost:

Frosty ensnare by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

I really liked how it came out actually, you can see so many little cysitals!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 12:00
Aragorn16Estel, that is a very good photo of frost. All the tiny little crystals you have captured!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 04:42
Thats beautiful! All of your pictures are so amazing!
You guys all make me look horrible...y'all are super good!
Here's one I took earlier today...not nearly as good as y'all's...

It was snowing...rare where I live.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 05:12
Mareth_Ravenlock, it is beautiful. I love the snow on all the branches.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 06:57
Thank you Lindarielwen!

Here's another picture I took:

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 07:14
Wow those are amazing Mareth! The snow is pretty too!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 07:39
It is nice to see all these snowy photographs! Tell us where you have taken these photos Mareth_Ravenlock.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 11:44
Thanks for your kind words, they are Great Pictures Mareth! I love the one looking up at the branches! Where did you take them by the way? I wish I had some snow, I just have had heavy rain for months.

-Chris
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email