Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: January 18, 2013 02:38
That's 'cos you live in Cornwall, Aragorn16Estel, we've got plenty of snow in Yorkshire. Lovely pics Mareth.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 11:14
Woow Those are amazing froties photo!!

I wish I can see the real one...
There is no winter in here
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 12:11
Thanks! You might not believe it, but I'm in Mississippi, USA. And it almost never snows here. Once in a blue moon. And it was especially rare this time, because it was a half foot snow in places. Usually, the most we get is a couple inches, maybe a bit more. When I saw that it was supposed to snow in the weather, I was like "Yeah right!" But as you can see, I was quite wrong!

The first picture is looking up the side a an oak tree (our at least I think its oak...), down the hill that our house is on, and the second is a part of my front yard. My house is surrounded by woods, except for the drive way. I'm basically out in the middle of nowhere. Our closest "neighbor" is about a mile away.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 04:41
one Hindu Temple in Bali
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 06:16
Quote from Amaille_Valin_Idhren on January 18, 2013, 21:14
Woow Those are amazing froties photo!!

I wish I can see the real one...
There is no winter in here

Of course! it must be strange without Winter.

Great Temple Photo, The Structure is fantastic.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
thsmits
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 07:36
Awesome temple photo!! & great winter photo's everyone!

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 09:23
Awesome! i will have some pics soon to she with u all
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 10:25
Beautiful Photo of a Parrot, The colours are so bright, I have never seen one in real life, but they certainly are amazing Birds!

Great Legolas23! I look forward to seeing your shots!

"Money does not maketh the Man" by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

In other words, no matter how rich you are, you are no better than the poorest man in the world.

Here is one of my Photos, not the best shot but I am very fond of the meaning I gave it.

-Chris

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 12:10
Awesome photos they are all totally amazing
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 02:52
Whoa, those pictures are amazing! Love the bird, thsmits!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 02:06
Great shot thsmits, the blurred background really enhances the parrot.
Wonderful temple Amaille.

Here's another of those wood carvings as promised. These conifer forests always have a magenta colour, though you don't notice it when you're there. This one is a silly dragon.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 05:40
How wonderful it must be to see these creations up close, tarcolan!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 06:50
I wonder who made those carvings
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 10:23
I like to imagine they were made by Druids long ago.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2013 07:00
Beautiful Carving, Had some snow here today in Cornwall, but it has begun to melt through
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 21, 2013 12:32
And now it's raining there eh? Snow is about 8" deep here. I think the chainsaw carvings are by Nansi Hemming.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 09:44
8 inces! My you are Lucky, mind I imagione it gets boring after a while.....

Here's a picture of an old wooden swing from my last homes garden:

Worn Wooden Swing by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

As you can proberbly guess by now I like macro and still life really.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 24, 2013 04:23
Nice pic Chris... err Aragorn16Estel.
Lindarielwen, is the druid in the window?
Here's a snow pic before it melts. Wind through the wall has carved this.

Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2013 04:43
Nice!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2013 04:00
Thanks tarcolan, I prefer Chris to be honest, Your snow picture is facinating! Its really quite amazing how the wind carved it like that!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2013 10:03
Chris, such an interesting photograph.
tarcolan, the snow is amazing. At last, you have found the druid!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 10:49
Here's a picture I took when it snowed here. This is the same place as Mareth's picture. We're sisters.

"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 12:45
Oh, I remember the snow!
Beautiful picture Eruwestiel_Evensong!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 07:03
Nice picture sis!

Here's one I took of one of our kitties:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 07:45
Beautiful kitty, Mareth_Ravenlock!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 04:46
Beautfiul photo Eruwestiel, it looks so pretty and a little errie!

Your Kitty is dear Mareth!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 08:41
This is a sunset taken from my backyard.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 02:36
Really nice Sunset Lindarielwen, Sun sets can be so magical, each one is differnt each one unique and each on once the sun has sunk will never be seen again.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2013 01:55
Very true Chris.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2013 03:39
Chris, I will never gaze at a sunset the same way ever again.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 01:46
Aaah, I remember sunsets. We don't get them here now, or at least not very pretty.
The benches outside my window look comfy. Definitely the last snow picture.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 03:45
Lovely sunset, Lindarielwen!

I love that picture, tarcolan! They do look comfy lol.

I took this today:

Its a piece of a mirror on the grass.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 09:23
That is quite creative, Mareth_Ravenlock. Very nice!

I always enjoy the snow scenes, tarcolan! Oh, I hope it is not your last.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2013 02:38
Wonderful Photo tarcolan, the snow looks so soft! Almost like Icing Suger.

Mareth - A very creative photo its almost as if a piece of sky has fallen unto the earth, really well done!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2013 05:41
Yes, the snow does look icing! lol

Thank you!
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email