Post Re: Photography
on: December 24, 2012 02:04
The road goes ever on

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2012 11:41
This is called Squire's Castle, built in the 1890's by Feargus Squire. It is in Willoughby Hills, Ohio. I took this a while ago. Can you find the Druid?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 01:27
Cool! I gonna add this place on my "Place to go before I die" list
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 01:47
Thank you for saying such a nice thing, Amaille_Valin_Idhren. The inside is gutted but still has the massive stone fireplaces, well it did 8 years ago. Perhaps it has since been restored.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 04:25
That is a great picture Lindarielwen
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 06:24
Hannon le, Lord_Sauron. It truly was a wonderful place to explore.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 07:22
Nice photo, but I can't spot the druid. Since we're playing though...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 08:41
You must go back and look for the Druid. And you must talk about this photo. Where was it taken and what is that creature made of? Is it always there? Does it move? How did you find it?
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 08:27
@tarcolan wow nice one. and also creppy. Where it was taken?

The Mourning lady. This is taken on a memorial park in my town.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 12:31
Nice one Amaille! Is that Niniel the Weeping? It could be.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 05:11
The druid is near a place called Druid's Altar, funnily enough. There's lots of other wood carvings around here, St. Ive's estate, Bingley. Here's another one

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 08:24
I love going to old cemeteries. This was taken at Lakeview Cemetery in Cleveland, Ohio. It is a very, very old cemetery and is in a bit of disrepair.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 08:39
tarcolan, can you just go and see these wonderful carvings anytime?

Amaille_Valin_Idhren, great photo!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 04:01
Good one Lindarielwen! A little sad too...
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 04:50
tarcolan, I love the carvings. Are they nearby to where you live?
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 03:12
Yes, not far. It was the estate of a local bigwig but is now run by the local council, much like Squire's Castle. There's a golf course in the middle, an archery range, stables and the Turf Research Institute. The main mansion is now a home for the disabled. There's still plenty left for roaming around. It's free and open all the time and there are loads more wood carvings scattered around including a monk, silly dragon, troll, green man and a giant chain hung up in a tree. I'll post a few more photos soon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 03:31
tarcolen, I wanted to mention that in your "The road goes ever on" I can see Bilbo running after the dwarves on it. I so look forward to seeing more pictures of the carvings. It must be nice to have a place like that to visit.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 04:48
Wow Lindarielwen, that's really beautiful.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 09:10
Thank you for your kind comment, Leoflic_Nightleaf. I have a few more I have taken at this cemetery but I did not take nearly enough. This cemetery is full of interesting and beautiful monuments.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 06:00
Some very beautful and sad pictures here, thanks for sharing everyone!

Amaille_Valin_Idhren - very sad picture, I would love to see it in Black and White!

Lindarielwen Great picture really powerful.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 09:04
Hannon le, Aragorn16Estel. We haven't seen any of yours in a while!
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 10:29
Thanks for liking my photo
@Aragorn16Estel Yes It looks more sad in B/W
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2013 02:04
No problem, Here is a photo of my Desk in my Bedroom.

My Desk by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 02:08
Did you make the map?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 09:16
Aragorn16Estel, that picture is amazing! How did you get the smoke wisps? Again, really great picture. It could be used as a computer background!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 02:16
Thank you for the comments you two! Lindarielwen, no the map came with the Video game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. One day I shall get a middle earth map.

Eruwestiel_Evensong, thank you the smoke wisps I added using Ulead Photo editor, lol funny you should say that I have used it as my background in the past

Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 02:33
Aragorn16Estel That's an awesome Photo!!!!

Here's a photo taken from Bali one beautiful Island in my country. I went there with my college's mates for art study tour

Smeagol's my hommie
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 06:36
Thanks Amaille, Wow what a magical place, so lush and green. If I may ask, what country do you come from?
thsmits
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 08:36
Picture of a sunset in The Netherlands with some random people walking on a dyke
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 09:33
Amaille_Valin_Idhren, your photo takes me to the Lonely Mountain.

thsmits, such a beautiful sunset!
thsmits
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2013 10:23
Lindarielwen I know right! One of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever witnessed!

This is another shot I took in Apenheul Zoo.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 12:02
Wow thsmits, The sunset is great! I love the stark contrasts!
thsmits
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 12:14
thanks Aragorn16Estel! I just saw your post on page 2 and the picture of the map looks so awesome! The smoke effect is just the finishing touch to it, and as said before it really looks like a HD-wallpaper! well done
tarcolan
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 02:04
Beautiful Bali shot Amaille (which is in Indonesia, Aragorn16Estel. I thought you liked maps! ). Lovely sunset and chimp pics too thsmits.
Can I be boring for a minute and remind everyone that uploaded images should be a maximum 475 pixels. They get reduced on the page anyway.

Another road going on and on...

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2013 10:17
thsmits, the little chimp is so delightful!
Hey tarcolan, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say pixels...lol
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email