Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: February 01, 2013 06:06
Lovely photo Mareth, I saw it as a hole in the ground through to another world.
Thanks folks, after that how can I refuse just one more ...

Ice on a lake and the patterns were obviously made by aliens trying to communicate. Stupid aliens.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2013 06:50
Thats a cool way of looking at it.
Holy guacamole tarcolan! That picture is really cool!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2013 09:51
That is truly a magical sight,tarcolan. I do not see aliens there. I see ancient people forming their circle, lighting candles and raising their arms to the sky.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2013 09:51
(double posted)....
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2013 01:56
tarcolan - Very rare sight too see, Ice can be an amazing substance.

Talking of rare sights, I belive this is a once in a life time sight! I am very proud of catching these frogs in nature's game (I am found of nature photography)

Nature's game by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 05:23
Nicely captured Chris. Nature's game being leapfrog of course.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 05:36
Oh, such an amazing picture, Chris! I like frogs!.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2013 02:23
Thank you, I too am very found of them, they are so cute!!!!

Here is anouther picture, of a froglet!

Tiny Garden Frog by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

My sister is holding him, he hopped into her hand (luckyly) and we then poped him in the pond. As a friend of mine said in the comments on Flickr: "Sometimes I wonder if God likes to show off his skills". I think he is quite right, this tiny creature is fully formed, and is a fine example of Gods almighty power and love! (no offence ment to any non- chritians.)
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 03:22
Aw, I love little frogies! So cute! One time my siblings and I caught some tadpoles and raised them in a box. Most of them died or jumped out when they were big enough. But it was still fun.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 01:35
That must of been fun, It can be fascinating to watch them grow!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 02:00
Chris, how did you manage to sneak up on those two frogs? I have those tiny ones all around my yard. The ducks eat them and so do the lizards.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 09:31
Oh, Nature can be cruel, Well they were only moving very slowly, I just noticed them out the window, Frogs tend to be quite still and patiant if you move slowly.

Lizards!? Cool! I once had a Newt in our pond, I called him Newty. (Original I know) He was so cute. I would love to see a photo of the lizards!!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 11:08
Well, I can try. When I walk in my yard they all run and it reminds me of Jurassic Park. There are so many of them and they are all different.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 02:31
Frogs! Nasty scaly things. Oh no, that's dragons isn't it.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 09:44
Lol tarcolan, yeah thats Dragons! Thanks Lindarielwen, Your Garden must be amazing! here in the UK I have never seen a lizard
tarcolan
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 12:15
There's lots of lizards in Cornwall, or there were last time I visited. Nice scaly lizards.

Dreams of summer...

That's a little choo choo on the way to Oxenhope.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 03:49
Wonderful picture, tarcolan! I want to ride in a train someday.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 01:33
Shame I have never seen any, Beautiful picture! And that looks like dear little train.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 04:10
Here's another I recently took. These birds landed literally 4 feet in front of me while I was taking a nap on the porch.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 12:44
WOW Iron Foot! Amazing phots! And what amazing birds (what are they?)!

Thanks for sharing!
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 01:17
Thank you! I really have no clue as to what they are though.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: February 13, 2013 03:25
Rainbow lorikeets perhaps. My bro lives in Fremantle and swarms of black cockatoos come and eat all the pecan nuts from the tree every year. And don't mention galahs to him.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 09:36
tarcolan did you take that photo? If so, were you on a hilltop?

Ironfoot, how wonderful it must have been to see this pair land right in front of you. Truly a marvelous sight,.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 01:59
Hello guys, here is my take on Spiders of Mirkwood!
'cept this little guy is about 1 cm!

Spider by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2013 06:33
Spiders are such fascinating creatures! Once,overnight, a spider made a web across my entire front door. I love to see a spiderweb glistening with morning dew.

Chris, was this taken in your yard? Do you know what kind of spider it is?
tarcolan
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 01:50
Lovely spider shot Chris.
Yes L I was looking down into the beautiful valley near Haworth. That railway is the one used in The Railway Children, which you might have seen. Here's a closer shot.
rail by real borosphere, on Flickr
It's all right there wasn't a train coming.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 04:07
YAY! I finally got some pics! this is of our front garden in the spring.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 08:55
How pretty, Legolas23

tarcolan, I like that one a lot,,,good thing there wasn't a train coming, although that would have made a great photo.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 04:28
Thanks guys, great photo Legolas23, Spring time is trully the best time of year!

tarcolan - Very nice photo! An interesting Perspective actually!.

Lindarielwen - As do I, Spider web with Dew is one of Natures wonders! Speaking of which.....

Web of Pearls by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Keep the phots coming !

-Chris
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 05:43
very pretty! i like the dew caught on the web.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2013 11:23
Chris your picture of the dewy web is beautiful. I love it when Nature gives us a present.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 12:00
Speaking of spiders, it is such a coincidence but Bad Spider bit me on my face Friday afternoon and I needed medical attention. Seems that I walked right into the web it made between my truck and my house. But I still like spiders.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 08:18
Oh you poor thing! I am persoanlly terrorfied of spiders even tiny ones, are you okay after the medical attention?

Thanks Legolas23

-Chris
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 10:21
Thank you for asking, Chris. I am fine. I had a bad reaction to the bite which surprised me since I have been bitten before.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 02:39
What a nice Web

Here a photo about my secret pet. He named Mackerel. My family not allowed me to keep a cat so I keep him in my college campus. I also go to meet and feed him on holiday

<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email