Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: February 26, 2013 08:26
Hey tarcolan, I edited my post to say "Stone".....
What did the sky look like originally?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 10:40
You look so epic, Chris! Love that picture! Can I come visit you? It must be wonderful living where you can go to places with such lovely views!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 04:39
For some reason, my back porch has become a haven for crazy, exotic birds.
This one's a kookaburra. Later I found out this thing is a flesh-eating bird of prey, and could have ripped my face off if it wanted to. That is why what I did next was sort of stupid...

...I went up and petted it lol then it gave me a little nip!

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 08:08
Thanks guys, sounds wonderful tarcolan, the moonlight is great. Thanks Mareth_Ravenlock! I'd love you to visit but I think were a tad far apart.

Ironfoot - creepy bird, but great shot, you know us Human's never learn do we? I hope your finger is ok.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 09:06
Ironfoot that is a delightful little bird. How wonderful it is that all these wonderful birds come to perch on your railing. I would have reached out to touch it as well.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2013 09:53
Quote from Lindarielwen on February 26, 2013, 04:42
Nevaratoiel, tell us of your technique....very nice

Well, I was inside of one of the Hobbit houses (at that time just wooden holes without a door, not so exciting). And you just have to try with your settings (diaphragm and colour settings on your camera). I usually just try different things and choose the one that turns out the best. Sometimes having a high contrast setting helps. Makes dark darker, and light brighter.
~Nev~
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: February 27, 2013 12:38
Neva, your perseverance certainly paid off, it's a beautiful photo, almost like a painting. You're so lucky to have been to Middle Earth.
Ironfoot, that bird looks like it's just flown through a hedge!
Lindarielwen, the sky was clear blue and the time before that when I went it was boring grey. The clouds aren't quite right 'cos the camera was pointing up a bit so the perspective is wrong. It's surprising how sensitive our eyes are to such cues.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2013 11:35
Thanks, tarcolan.
~Nev~
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2013 09:09
Great pics, Ironfoot! I've heard of kookaburras before....didn't know the were flesh eating though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 04:27
Here is my all time fav picture, Althrough I didn't take it, my dad did, (as I am in it.) It was such a wonderful moring in the woods.

Ranger in the Forest by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 06:15
Chris,that is a wonderful picture....the rays of the sun shining upon you are glorious!
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 08:28
Wow, that picture is beautiful, Aragorn! You really must have felt like a Ranger then!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 11:41
Thanks you two, I really did feel like a ranger!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 04:18
OH MY GOODNESS, CHRIS!!! That picture is amazing!!! I love mornings when the sun rays shine down upon us. It is truly wonderful! And you look very much like someone right out of Middle Earth!

I think Legolas is too pretty
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 07:36
Chris, you are so lucky to have a dad to go out with. Was he a Ranger as well? Did you make your outfit and also your cloak in the other picture?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 08:47
Thank you Mareth_Ravenlock, Sun rays are beautiful!

My Dad is helpful, but no he wasn't a ranger, he's not into Lotr much, thinks I'm rather crazy for dressing up like that! I did indeed make that costume, with the help of my mother and father, (the cloak was really hard to make) I made it for a LotR fan film I was going to make, but like many of my ideas and dreams it is currantly shelfed. Here is a better picture of my costume if your interested.

Ranger in the Woods by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

(Yeah I know about the wire fence in the bottom of the frame but this was taken in my garden.)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 09:53
Did not notice the fence at all...the costume is wonderful...oh, the cloak was hard to make? I want to make one. Tell us about the sword. Most of us have ideas and dreams that are shelved....but one day.......
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 11:29
These hot air balloons come sailing over my house all the time. I took this picture early in the morning while the Moon was still visible.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 12:57
Thank you for your comments on my costume!

Wow Great shot of a Hot air ballon! And the Moon is a nice touch.

Well what made the cloak hard to mkae was around the neck/hood it had to have seems sown in certain drections etc to make it sit correctly. We were following a pattern so that helped through. The sword is striders ranger sword, althrough not a UC one as thery are quite exspencive. It still looks ok through, close up its just not as neat.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 01:04
Chris, your entire outfit is amazing, and the sword is fine. I am making my cloak without a hood so maybe it will not be so hard to do.

The hot air balloons are a sight to see. Once there were 15 in the sky.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 09:00
Love your costume, Chris! I really want to get a sword some time.

Awesome hot air balloon, Lindarielwen! I've never seen a real one before....I hope that one day I will be able too. It must surly be amazing to see 15 at once!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 01:30
Thank you Mareth_Ravenlock!

15 at once must be a real sight to see! I have seen one or two before but never 15 or so.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 06:09
I wish I had a picture of all 15 at once but I do not. They truly are a sight to see.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 06:19
This one was right over my house. All of a sudden I heard a great "Whoosh" and I was lucky enough to get a picture of the fire that heats the air inside the balloon.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 03:49
Oh my goodness! Thats an amazing shot Lindarielwen! I have never seen the fire like that before! Thanks for sharing this fab picture with us!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 06:44
Hannon le, Chris. The sound the fire makes can be quite scary. Depending on the air currents the balloons can sail fast or slow.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 02:22
Chris, great shot of you with sword. It's a bit dark though but it brightens up fine.
Lindarielwen, great balloon shots, have you been up in one yet?
Just a tree today-

and some lichen on a rock-

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 04:14
Ooo, I love the tree, tarcolan!

Amazing hot air balloon, Lindarielwen!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 02:13
Great shot of the the Tree tarcolan, I like how it is between the walls, the litchen is cool too. Yeah my sword shot is a bit dark, I like the moody look personally. But I apperciate your opinion.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 07:31
tarcolan, you must live near a lot of wonderful trees. I have never been up in a hot air balloon and doing so is not on my list.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 11:21
Oh I love photography! The pictures in this thread are amazing! How in the world do you even add pictures to a post in this forum? I would love to share some of mine, but I don't know how
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 02:32
It's easy to upload images. Use the 'Reply' link at the bottom of the page, then hit the 'Browse' button to add a photo. You can also add smileys... oh, you have.
I very much hope this is the last snow pic this year, I'm fed up with this cold.
watericesnow

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 06:22
Oh, wonderful picture, tarcolan! I would say I know what you mean about cold weather, but I'm in MS so it's not extremely cold here....that is, it's cold to us but to you it probably wouldn't seem that cold to you.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 08:36
I see a Dalmation face in your photo, tarcolan. Eye, nose, mouth and ear. The dog is looking to the left.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 09:20
I don't see it....
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email