Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: March 20, 2013 10:36
Thank you both, It came out better than I hoped actually.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 11:44
Chris, as always, another good photo.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 06:49
Thanks Lindarielwen
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 08:53
This photo is part of a much larger sculpture. I think it looks so real as if a person has actually been imbedded into it.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 11:38
Cool, and sort of creepy actually.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 11:57
This is my all time fav picture of myself, Orcs look out!!!!Image

My Dad took it and I did the editing

Its an Orcs point of view.

The last thing they'll ever see by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

I really am proud of the way it came out, I almost find myself scary, I twisted my face into such a nasty exspression!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 12:18
Coolie creepy picture, Lindarielwen!

Goodness Chris, I'm glad I'm not the orc you were after! lol Great picture!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 07:13
WOW Chris!!! That picture is awesome, it looks as if it really could have come out of a film.

And Lindarielwen, that's a pretty cool pic, kinda sent chills up my spine.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 09:00
Mareth_Ravenlock, Chris, and Ariadwen, thank you. It looks so real to me...creepy

Aragorn16Estel, your dad takes a mighty fine photograph. I hope you have that picture hanging in your house somewhere. It is very realistic. Love the background.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 01:47
Thank you all for the comments! I shall have to get it framed someday.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 09:39
This is from when it snowed here:

I have no idea what it is, just thought it looked cool lol.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2013 10:50
That is very pretty, Mareth_Ravenlock. I miss the snow...
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 12:11
Beautiful! Snow is such a magical substance. Thanks for sharing it
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2013 01:36
Thanks guys! Yes, it is indeed. I wish that I could see it more often.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 03:19
I don;t know if any of you here have Played "Elder Scrolls: Skyrim" But if you have here is the bag of a slain Alchemist.

Yey My first snow picture at long last!

Fallen Alchemist by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 10:04
That's pretty cool! So realistic.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2013 11:59
Chris, is that photo taken from the game or did you do that yourself in the snow for real?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 12:57
Cool picture, Chris!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 03:20
Nicely done Chris. At last you got some snow down there. We're thoroughly fed up with here.
Great pics everyone.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 01:14
Thank you all, I did the picture for real with props I have made etc.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 09:54
Chris, you made all that yourself? Very creative of you.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 09:54
Doubled...
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 06:31
I did indeed, thanks for your comment
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2013 11:07
Hey guys! Here's a newer shot from a project for my Photo Imaging and Design class. We had to describe ourselves by shooting a subject that describes our interests. This is (obviously) my hand. I painted it with colorful acrylic paint, and it's supposed to represent that I like art and colorful-ness, I guess.

Oh, and on a side note, do I have any Photoshop fans on here? I think this would be the place to bring it up.... I just downloaded a free 1 month Photoshop CS6 trial for my MacBook, and I'm LOVING it! The second pic is the result of my fooling around with the customizable brush presets that I just learned how to do yesterday
(If this isn't the place to bring it up, just let me know. I didn't want to take the thread off-topic)
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2013 11:11
For some reason, it didnt put the Photoshop pic in the last reply...trying it again... I wonder if it can't because it's a photoshop document...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2013 11:37
lotrelessar94 that is a most interesting and unique photo. It definitely shows that you enjoy art and colour. I like it.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 01:17
Nice hand lotrel. You'll have to save out images in JPG format to upload them here; you might have to flatten the layers to do this. There is already an old computer graphics thread here if you want to re-awaken it, though there is a lot of crossover with photography so it's up to you. There's a free program similar to Photoshop called Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) which is available for Mac OSX as well as Windows and Linux, it's part of the GNU project.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2013 09:59
I have heard of that before, Tarcolan. I'll have to look into it
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2013 07:19
WOW. O_O That is seriously awesome.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2013 12:47
lotrelessar94 - Very interesting and creative photo and art! Thanks for sharing Its great to se something like that, different, unique etc!
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 15, 2013 03:29
Finally!
Marsh marigold and wood anemone poke their little heads out to greet the sun.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2013 09:39
The first flowers of Spring help soothe the final grip of Winter. Where I live now, there are flowers all year but I miss the snowdrops peeking out of the last snow of the season. The flowers are lovely tarcolan but I shall miss your snow pictures, especially the one of the Dalmation.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 01:39
OK just for you...
This was 3 years ago, a magical waterfall near here.

[Edited on 06/01/2013 by tarcolan]
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 02:03
Wow tarcolan, that is super cool!
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 02:14
Thanx Ariadwen. I've just noticed that I posted it earlier but it's such an amazing place, and very rare to see icicles like this, so worth another look.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email