Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: March 12, 2013 10:09
The first pic is of a tiger lily taken where I go camping every year. Just a nice reminder of the springtime that will be arriving soon
The second pic is of one of my favorite nature places to shoot photos: Watkin's Glen State Park. It's so pretty there, and there's lots of waterfalls and pools and stairs and rocks. It's also very good exercise I think there's over 2300 stairs that you can climb to get from the bottom to the top.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 02:31
Ooh, I love that flower! So pretty with the water droplets on it.
The cave is so cool! I love waterfalls.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 03:32
That's a lovely park lotrelessar, you're so lucky to have such a great place nearby.
Lindarielwen, I can just about see a dalmatian if I squint at it. You must have some pretty weird dogs down your way.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 06:44
Beautiful pictures lotrelessar! I love Tiger Lilies and waterfalls!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 02:13
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos lotrelessar, they are both beautiful
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 06:37
lotrelessar94 very nice photos! Where is Watkin's Glen State Park?

Great photo of a Dalmation, tarcolan! I see it so clearly....art is subjective.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 10:47
Watkins Glen State Park is in NY, USA. If you're ever in NY, be sure to visit. It's breathtaking and has lots of great scenery for awesome pictures. I have a whole album from that place
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 11:01
Nice photos everyone!
I just took a trip to the Symbio Wildlife Park. This is not your normal zoo...you get to pretty much chill with the animals all day in the open. No cages (mostly). I took something like 200 pictures in a little over 8 hours . This is gonna be hard choosing a few...how about some kangaroos???

Here's a big chunk of them I sent to my family on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.138043196369077.1073741826.100004901919220&type=3
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 12:17
aww they are so cool! I've never actually seen one in person. Where is this zoo? Sounds dangerous I would love to go sometime! It's cool that you can actually make contact with them. The zoo in my city isn't nearly as cool as this one sounds! Great pictures
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 01:44
Adorable pictures, Ironfoot! I really want to meet a kangaroo sometime.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 01:51
Aww, I love kangaroos! I used to watch them all the time on the "Crocodile Hunter" show.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 02:30
Steve Irwin was an awesome man...he is greatly missed but his daughter Bindi seems to be following in his footsteps.

I would love to pet a kangaroo, Ironfoot. Australia seems like a good fit for you. All the photos you have posted are truly amazing!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 04:58
Yes Bindi has sure grown up to be very much like her father. I really could not imagine what she must have gone through when he died. It must have been so hard.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 02:09
The Zoo of Australia is dedicated to Steve Irwin and is similar to Symbio but on a MUCH larger scale. You get to interact with the animals out of their enclosures. It's also run by Bindi and her mom.
Australia is a great place but alas all things must come to an end . I'm leaving later this month to pursue my college degree.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 04:18
Oh my goodness Ironfoot, those are such beautiful pictures!!!! Thanks for sharing them, the last one is the best I think! I just want to cuddle the dear little guy or Gal? Image
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 04:53
Quote from lotrelessar94 on March 14, 2013, 10:17
aww they are so cool! I've never actually seen one in person. Where is this zoo? Sounds dangerous I would love to go sometime! It's cool that you can actually make contact with them. The zoo in my city isn't nearly as cool as this one sounds! Great pictures

Its in a small town called Helensburgh, which is in New South Wales.

Thank you all! I really didn't think they were any good compared to some of the photos you all have posted!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 07:21
Wherever you are, Ironfoot, I hope you continue to send us pictures to enjoy. Good luck in all you do!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 10:46
Nah ironfoot, there great shots! getting animals right I always struggle with! I prefer my subjects to be stationary.

Here is one of my Dew shots

Wet May Blossom by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2013 11:00
I sure would like to visit that Zoo in Australia one day ironfoot, that would be so much fun!

WOW Aragorn16Estel! That flower is so pretty!!!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 12:21
yes that flower is super pretty. since this is a photography thread, what kind of cameras/lenses do we all use? just wondering. i've been looking to purchase a dslr for a while now and am not sure which one to get. any suggestions?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 12:51
Beautiful picture Chris!

A T3i is a really good camera, lotrelessar. I used a Fugi Film finepix, but it's messed up now. :/ So I can't take pictures any more.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 10:15
Extraordinary, Chris!.. I so love the dew.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 08:54
Mareth, I'm sorry about your camera I have heard that the T3i is a good camera. The problem is, I can't decide whether I want a Canon or a Nikon! My Canon friends say Canon is better, and my Nikon friends say Nikon is better. Go figure. Here are my top cameras that I'm looking at right now from both brands:
Canon: T2i, T3i, T4i
Nikon: D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200
Does anyone have any of these cameras? Just want to know what you think about them and if you like how they perform.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2013 10:59
Thanks for the comments all, I use a Canon Powershot A470. Nothing fancy but it has served me very well. I get very confused by brands and lences so I can't help you lotrelessar94.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 05:08
lotrelessar94 my sister has a Nikon D5000, and I use it all the time! It is a great camera, takes clear pics, we love it.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 03:24
Nikon? Canon? It's a coin toss really. Whichever you choose remember it's the lens that matters most. Try and get a zoom to cover wide angle and telephoto. You don't really want to be changing lenses too often with a digital 'cos of the dust problem.

Here's a nice yellow lichen.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 09:40
That is a very unique photo, tarcolan. What is the size of the lichen?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 02:36
Yeah, it is! I would like to know the size of the Litchen tto. I love the rich colour!
tarcolan
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 03:35
Thanks folks. That one is about the size of a guava or maybe a mango. Does that help? No? Here's another one on a hawthorn at Ponden Hall (Bronteland) which shows the scale a bit better. These yellow ones are an indicator of good air quality.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 09:09
That is very interesting, tarcolan. Could a person scrape it off and keep it in a container? What makes it grow?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 11:53
Cool picture, its such a rich colour it really adds to a rock or tree, I've heard aboutit being a sign of healthy air, we have lots in cornwall so thats good! I bet China doesn't have much, on the news the pollution in their citys is just crazy!

I don't know about you guys but it almost looks kinda like coral.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 01:51
That's what I thought, Chris. Very beautiful pictures, tarcolan!

lotrelessar, my oldest brother (who has his own photography business), said that he would recommend the T3i.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 03:24
Here is an old tree stump, I always liked the shot.

Tree Stump by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 12:03
That's really cool!
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 04:39
Aragorn16Estel that is a really nice shot!
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email