Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Photography
on: April 16, 2013 02:45
That is a very unique photograph, tarcolan. One can never tire of looking at it. Can you take a photo of the same place so we can see what it looks like in warmer weather?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 06:33
Of course... though there are loads of better ones on flickr. Just search for Goit Stock Falls

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 08:17
What beautiful pictures! Very well done!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 09:02
tarcolan, it is hard to believe that is the same place. The snow and icicles make such a difference. So majestic. I look forward to seeing your summer photographs.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 01:22
Tarcolan is is also very pretty not frozen too. We have a waterfall near us, but sometimes it is dried up due to lack of rain. I will try to find a pic to post.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 07:04
Oh my gosh, Tarcolan, those pictures are beautiful. We don't have any picture-perfect waterfalls like that where I live! Those are absolutely beautiful!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 18, 2013 02:23
It's a great place for some not-so-quiet meditation, too. You sort of merge with the sound of it in a way. I love Yorkshire. (And Cornwall too Chris).
Well here's a pic of our friendly local vixen. Isn't she sweet? She's lived around here for years and seems to get by, eating mice, birds, squirrels. And the occasional cat.

Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2013 03:49
I love foxes! They have been a favorite of mine for a long time. This one is so cute, wish I had a fox to frequent my place.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 05:13
Great photo of the glass lotrelessar. Oh! Where's it gone? Those pesky hackers! If you don't like your D70 camera I know someone who'll take it off your hands, eh Mareth? Or Lindarielwen? It's a really good camera so maybe there's something wrong with it or ....

Oh, and Lindarielwen, yes she does eat cats. Yum yum!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 07:52
Ha, ha, ha.

tarcolan, I am surprised to see the fox out in the daylight. I never did get that 35mm..... seems the guy dropped it and something got bent where the lens goes. Should I take it anyway? No cost.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 09:28
Oh well, I guess my picture's gone I'm actually renting the Nikon D70 from school for the semester, so I couldn't sell it if I wanted to It is generally a nice camera except the battery life is really short and the memory card wants to reformat way too often, which scares me because it often deletes all of the pictures on the card. It also doesn't do very well in low light, unless you want to prolong the shutter speed to get more light in, but it catches every bit of motion for a disappointingly blurry picture A tripod would be best for that, probably. For those of you who are looking for a camera and would be happy with something like a D70, I hear that you can get them on eBay or Amazon now for well under $200.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 06:00
I really would like to get into photography. I never really wanted to buy a good camera though because they are expensive and both my sisters already have them. Theres this one place called Little Rock City that my dad took my family to a little while ago. He said his dad took him there when he was young. It sounded boring at first. I mean who would want to go look at a bunch of little rocks? Well, I was SO wrong. That place looks like it got cut and pasted out of a LotR movie. No joke. It's AWESOME! Im going to bring findemaxa with me next time I go and take some good pic.s
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 06:08
Yes, Rodwen, hopefully by then I'll have my own nice DSLR and we can go and wear LOTR costumes and take beautiful pictures with Findemaxam. I need a camera first... unless we can go before the semester ends and I have to give my camera back to the school I'm gonna miss my little Nik
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 06:10
AW! I'll miss him too. If only i could afford a camera of my own! Right now i have 130 in savings...hm that could buy my very little to nothing. lol
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 06:26
I thought this was a pretty cool shot. Someone must have been using a really good camera to get this! I wish I was that good!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 06:48
That's adorable!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 12:55
Beautiful Squirrel! He looks so funny
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 01:02
A Picture of the moon I took at my old house.

Moon by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 01:07
RodwenAravilui5136, thank you for sharing that photo with us. Someone was at the right place at the right time to get a shot like that. It is amazing.

Chris, I never get tired of looking at the Moon. Such a lovely little smile it is...just like the Cheshire Cat.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Me neither, it is a lovely shape in our sky
tarcolan
Send Message
Aye, and a beautiful full moon of late.
An interesting narrowboat passed by the other day.

Tom Bombadil

[Edited on 06/01/2013 by tarcolan]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That's so AWESOME!!! I love Tom!

Chris, I never get tired of looking at the Moon. Such a lovely little smile it is...just like the Cheshire Cat.

That's what I think of too, Lindarielwen. Lovely picture, Chris!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan, what an interesting picture! Can you tell us anything else about this boat and would you know how it came to be named "Tom Bombadil"....are there any other boats with Tolkien names? Is that a sightseeing boat?
tarcolan
Send Message
Lots of canals in Britain to wander along at leisure (4mph max). I've no idea how this boat came by its name, obviously a Tolkien fan. I've not seen any other Tolkien boats but I'm sure there are some. I saw it again today so maybe it's local. These narrowboats are privately owned, either just for cruising or for living in. They are narrow (duh!) so two can fit in a lock side by side. Personally I'd rather have a full width barge. More leg room.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the information, tarcolan. I would like to see the inside of a narrowboat that is used for living in.

I did not recognize you with that new avatar.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome House Boat! Very sweet, and I love the name.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, i mean the house boat rocks, but the name......SWEET!!!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am at a complete loss as to how to post a photo here. Someone please post specific step by step instructions. Much thanks.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Clicking the image icon (fifth from the right) in Quick Reply or Add Reply should supply you with the BB [img] code you need for posting images. Let me or another staff member know if this doesn't work for you.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Do you have Photo bucket or Flickr Lindarielwen?

Here is one of my resent pic's. I took this yesterday.

My Desktop things by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, that is such a wonderful photo, Chris. The composition is perfect. Truly worthy of a frame.

No, I do not have Photo Bucket or Flickr
tarcolan
Send Message
It is no longer possible to upload things to a thread in the forum. This is for security reasons. If you click on Chris's name below the pic it will take you to his flickr account.
There's a button called 'Actions' there which allows you to grab the BB code to paste into a post here (that's the code with square brackets like'[URL]'). If you hover your mouse over any pic above you'll see where it lives at the bottom of your browser.

So to display a pic here you will need to create an account on a photo sharing site and upload your pics there.. It doesn't have to be flickr, there's a few free ones out there. Hope this helps.

[Edited on 05/09/2013 by tarcolan]
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Lindarielwen, I must say I was very proud of the Picture myself!

This link contains a video upon how to share a photo via Flickr, the BB code is shown in the later half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFiMAIv4I4

I hope this is clear and helps you,

-Chris

[Edited on 05/09/2013 by Aragorn16Estel]
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I have the BB code copied, but where exactly do I put it? Do I put it right in the box under "Quick Reply," like where I'm typing now to post in this thread? Or do I have to use one of those tiny icons above the text box? I think I'll try just pasting the code after I post this.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Here goes...

Red Reflector by lotrelessar94, on Flickr

<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email