Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome pics!!

And thanks, Chris.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Here's an old photo of Hell Hole near Appletreewick (pronounced Aptrick) in Yorkshire. Troller's Gill leads into this.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Great photo!

"The Rose she had offered,
Was truly an enchanted rose,
Which would bloom for many years.
If he could learn to love another,
And earn her love in return
By the time the last petal fell,
Then the spell would be broken.
If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast
For all time.
As the years passed,
He fell into despair, and lost all hope,
For who could ever learn to love...a Beast?"
~Beauty and the Beast

[Edited on 07/13/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats a beautiful picture and now my wallpaper on my computer!!!!! Thanks Mareth!
I will be posting in here a lot once I get a better quality camera. Maybe some already on here are of nice digital quality...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, I feel honored, Maxie. I'm thinking about putting some of the text I posted with the picture on it...not sure how it would look though.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Never mind, I can't make it work.

[Edited on 07/15/2013 by HuldahMaria]

And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think it will look great!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
My mum's garden

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow...that is beautiful, tarcolan!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
The lake
Picture 070 by maidservantofchrist88, on Flickr
Picture 068 by maidservantofchrist88, on Flickr

Duck family
Picture 072 by maidservantofchrist88, on Flickr
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful pictures everyone, HuldahMaria, the lake looks beautiful, I really like the Sun through the Trees.

tarcolan - Your Mums Garden is a very beautiful picture, it looks very Hobbit-ish.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
That's a lovely rose, Mareth.

Huldah, I'm curious - where were these pictures taken? Looks like a National Park to me.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
It's a lake in S. Oregon. It is next to a state forest.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Great pictures, everyone.

HuldahMaria, does the mountain have a name? Those are beautiful photos.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, nólemë.

Love your garden picture, tarcolan! And those are beautiful lake pictures, HuldahMaria!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love those lake pictures, as well!!!!! The lakes around where I live to not look that mystical and magical:/
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Don't think I posted this picture yet. This is Casey, one of our friend's children. We were sledding with his family, and everyone was noticing how photogenic he was So here's a portrait of him that I took with my Nikon D70 and then edited in this awesome free program called Fotor (Google it! It's awesome!)

Casey in the Snow by lotrelessar94, on Flickr
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Aw!!! Adorableness!!! Love it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
awwwwwwwwww, he's so cute!!!!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hot pink Crepe Myrtle:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, just realized how big my pics are...I'll try to make them smaller from now on.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Mareth, bigger pics are awesome for seeing the detail that your camera put into the picture!! Those flowers are so pretty, and I especially love their color! It's magenta-y and I would love to have a car in that color!

HuldahMaria, your lake shots are very beautiful I really wish there were lakes that beautiful near our house.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Send Message
Wow Mareth that's gorgeous. No need to make your pics smaller. They get resized by the browser when the page is loaded, to a width of 590 pixels. Your pic lotrelessar is actually 3000 width on flickr so it looks like you grabbed the wrong code, you can select what size you want in the code-grabbing panel. I'd suggest 1000 width. BTW is it supposed to be that pink?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys! Yes, tarcolan, I didn't edit it at all, that is really how pink it is. Although I think it looks a bit more of a dark hot pink when you see it in real life. Crepe Myrtles are all over MS. I'm not sure how many colors there are, but there's at least hot pink, purple, light pink, and white. I think the hot oink is probably my favorite. The tree that those flowers are on is in our front yard, but sadly, it isn't growing very well at all. Though it still has some pretty flowers on it.
tarcolan
Send Message
I meant lotrelessar's snow pic. Maybe it's sunset and everything is really that pink?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, sorry.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
lotrelessar94, Very nice snow picture, I love the almost sepia tone, Mareth, Beautiful Pink Crepe Myrtle:, very pretty.

I was out cutting firewood and thought I could get a good picture, The Map is from the videogame Skyrim. I thought it came out really well actually,

Cutting Wood at Riverwood 1 by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

[Edited on 07/23/2013 by Aragorn16Estel]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Chris, all your photos come out great!

lotrelesar94 did you use a special effect on the photo of the child? My new camera can take a black and white photo and will only show the colours blue, yellow or red as I chose.

Mareth, I love crepe myrtle. They remind me of my lilacs I left behind in Ohio.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Chris and Lindarielwen!

I love the picture, Chris! You are such an amazing photographer!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, you last pic was beautiful, as always!

Chris, your pic was so cool! I love the way the lighting looks in it.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie!

This is a wire chicken some of our relatives brought me mum from Brazil. It has eggs from our smaller chickens, who recently started laying.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, thats very creative of you!

Can someone tell me how to post a picture on here?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!

There are many ways to post pictures, Maxie, but the way I do it is using http://tinypic.com/. Just click the "Choose File" button, find the picture you want, and click "Upload now". I would recommend just leaving the size set as "Default". And that's all there is too it!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the comments folks, Mareth, that certainly is a creative photo, It looks like a stunning sunrise in the background, and it really helps make the wire frame stand out.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
thanks for your help, Mareth. I will have to try that.
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email