Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Toon
Former Giant Three Headed Dog
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you unique to CoE?
on: February 19, 2003 12:57
it's really cool that there is such a mix of people here... Deladrieng... you are not the only one...
Collinsmom... you are not the only one...

it's really cool IMO... as for what makes me unique... I guess I feel unique, but not alone at all, thanks goodness. *hugs legolasluvr*

I thought I was probably the only one who liked insanely loud rock music, but I turn out not to be unique in that respect. I'm one of the few who thinks Legolas looks like a girl and that Arwen and Eowyn are not the hottest girls on the face of Arda, I know that much.

I'm one of the few people on the face of the planet who actually liked Wonder Boys, and Bringing Out The Dead.

Plus I'm a guy... sure don't make me unique, but rare and often the center of attention.
PipPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 01:39
what makes me unique to this site? hmmmm

maybe I'm the only 32 yr old "mom" who lives in Prague and is obsessed with LOTR books and movies? hehehehe
Fantasy_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 03:53
mmm...what makes me unique to CoE...?
well, for a start, I'm member number 2001 !!!
hehe....I really am!
what else?....oh! I'm quite sure I'm the only Orli fan around here, that is converted to a true proud Billy fan!
*cough Galadriel_the_hobbit cough*
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 07:50
I LOVE EVERYONE
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 09:27
I think i could be the only vegetarian...but there's probably more veggie's reading this than i think exist! So go ahead. Make my day. Prove me wrong!

:heart: sîdh mellon :heart:
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 09:27
I'm a woman but I hate shopping for shoes.

I hate shopping for shoes... i hate shopping for anything!

I dunno... Maybe.. I'm the only person Here from Glasgow...? am i? I huvny a clue! Um... Lemme think.... I HATE Legolas and frodo... but thats not unique... I think Billy Boyd is... Basicly... The Best... Like... The Best person who ever... did anything... :blush:
Or... Maybe I'm just the only 14/14 year old Girl with a heavy obsession with Billy Boyd, From Glasgow, and with a growing hatred for Frodo and Legolas..?!
also, I'm pretty sure i'm the only person here with Chronic Fatigue Syndorm... hmm... But thats not a good thing.

I'm quite sure I'm the only Orli fan around here, that is converted to a true proud Billy fan!
*cough Galadriel_the_hobbit cough*

*pats FE on the head* That'll do, Elf, That'll do! ...
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 11:46
I think i could be the only vegetarian...but there's probably more veggie's reading this than i think exist! So go ahead. Make my day. Prove me wrong!

:heart: sîdh mellon :heart:
~~*iarfalaswen*~~

I'm vegetarian! Well, demi-vegetarian technically. I still eat fish, but I don't eat red meat or chicken/any kind of feathered being. I will give up fish one day though.... (I could never become a vegan though, that would restrict me too much, I'm too fussy as it is!)
Illadria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2003 12:19
I think I maight be the only Lindy Hopper on CoE. Never heard of Lindy Hop? It's a form of Swing dancing. Swing - 6 count, Lindy Hop - 8 count. The dance is adaptable to nearly any kind of music...Swing, Jazz, Punk, Folk, Rockabilly, Blues, etc... And since I live in the Live Music Capitol of the World, we're always finding new and different styles to dance to. As long as it's 8 count.

If you've ever seen the the swing Gap comercials then you've seen Lindy Hop.

But, I'm like some of you in many ways (besides a love for Tolkien)...

I hate shoe shopping

I don't find Celeborn annoying...I think he's highly underrated

I've never seen a Killer Whale

I'm a homeschooler (teacher, not student)

Hey!...I have that same uncanny ability to promise myself I'll go to bed early but instead stay up all night long on the internet

I hate Pepsi...but I also hate diet coke (too sweet)...give me the Real Thing Baby

I'm often mistaken to be younger than I am (which I'm not sure is a good thing )

Addicted to coffee and other caffiene (Coke), also cigarettes (I know...nasty. I'm going to switch to pipes)

I love insanely loud rock music...the harder, the better. I like almost any kind of music as long as it moves me...which pretty much rules out pop music....

p.s. Sofia, you might want to try reading Terry Brooks', Shannara series. He was very heavily influenced by Tolkien, and it's evident in his writing.

[Edited on 19/2/2003 by Illadria]
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 09:44
I'm too fussy as it is!)

Ditto. I'm V. fussy. I eat no fish or other meat. Dairy is ok, just no eggs. Other than that i'll eat anything! !
slightly off topic ppl. Very sorry! :cry:
*head to Games Forum - i'm addicted!*

:love::heart: sîdh mellon :heart::love:
~~*iarfalaswen*~~
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 10:07
well, I actually never think of myself in that way. As in, how am I differnet, or "speshul". I'd have to cheat if i were to answer it, so i'll give you my cheating answer...i'm the only post college aged girl, still in college (i'm 23, nearly 24!), living in Idaho, bread & cheese dip loving, computer geek who gets paid to be on computers all day and boss others around. So, all of those combined makes me unique.
sofia
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2003 02:57
Illadria, you are not the only Lindy Hopper!

If it is a form of dancing that nobody does anymore, I do.

The older the better!

Am I the only Polka Dot, then?
Warrame
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 01:47
I'm guessing that I'm unique in the regard that I'm probably the only Australian here who has a sister who is actually got a very very good chance at being a famous baseballer.
Also, no one has mentioned that they are unique in the sense that they are lefthanded. So, I will. I'm lefthanded.
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 02:34
Sorry Waramme, you've got another leftie on your hands here too
Linwe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 08:07
Ha! I am left handed as well.

I am not sure if I am really unique.. umm... i think i am the only girl here who hunts and fish.. (sorry to those who are vegetarians.) I love meat and I love to get it myself. I also do my own car repairs most of the time. And I love to paint aminals with acrylics. sooo.. i think I might be the only Bruce Willis fan here too!
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 09:22

I am not sure if I am really unique.. umm... i think i am the only girl here who hunts and fish.. (sorry to those who are vegetarians.) I love meat and I love to get it myself.

Hey that's ok! it's your life! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on things!

I also do my own car repairs most of the time

I don't even have a car! You are most unique. Well you appear to be!

~~*iarfalaswen*~~
~Niphredil~Greenleaf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2003 09:29
I don't think I"m very unique but I'll write what I come up with!!

I write with both my left and right hands (can only draw with the right one though)

OBSESSED over elves, lotr, and legolas (oh yeah real unique)

I hate shopping!! I guess I just hate walking around cities

I love archery and deer meat (sorry vegetariens! really sorry!) It's just what I have grown up with. (only done archery once though *sobs* )

I LOVE classical music and dislike most other kinds. I am addicted to the LOTR soundtracks.

I love making things on my computer, animations and things. so am ahead of my graphic arts class in school (not over 15 yet *cough* I'm not the youngest one here, am I??)

:love::love::love: I LOVE C.O.E !! AND EVERYBODY HERE! :love::love::love: (oh yeah, another uniqueness point)

HE HE, I enjoy reading how everybody here is unique!!
and I like helping people with things.

BUT I have my faults..............
I have a consistancy of being "negative" about things
I work to much and hide in my house most of my life. (what year is it??? ) ....LOL
*uh bad sense of humor*
and I have a problem with "talking" to people when I can atually see them. I'm usually a really quiet person.

Alassëa
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 05:42
Well, I think I am the onlyone here who is REALLY in love with Legolas... and I think I'm the only narcisist here either... -yeap, that's my own pic in my avatar!-
By the way, Varindë, I am also told I have Elvish features and yes, I can pronounce the words and learn both Quenya and Sindarin without TO much difficulty either... and I am currently writting chapter 7 and already found a publisher for my book. Plus, we are both BIG-TIME-Braggers so I guess that makes us sisiters, eh? :heart:

[Edited on 22/2/2003 by Alassea]
sepdet
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 06:11
I'm a thinker, a writer, a scholar, an explorer, and a longtime observer of online-style communities before they existed.

A thinker: I think too hard about everything, consider my words, consider even simple things like the CGI fx in movies or the origin of someone's name or the intent behind a phrase. I've spent a lot of time debating on another online community's "Boiler Room", a special discussion forum where religion and politics are freely debated according to certain rules to keep the debate respectful and considered. It stretches the mind, examining your own beliefs and assumptions against those of other people, and seeing how they see the world. And I always second-guess myself, which is why I always wind up seeing something in my posts that I wish I'd worded differently after I hit submit. Bad habit.

A writer: That's probably obvious. I can't stop writing. I can't stop playing with words. I am storyteller, a poet, and a fiction writer. I study ancient literature with a passion. And if anyone cares to click that link below, it's an example of the Muse I try to give people to entertain them. I often succeed.

A scholar: Connected to the last two. I have trained all my life to be a scholar of ancient languages and culture. I'm not there yet; the Zeno's Paradox of the PhD is eluding my undisciplined work ethic. However, I am committed to using my talent for research ~ the compulsion to sift large amounts of primary source material in a hurry, pick out relevent parts, and present a coherent discussion based on it ~ to entertain, educate, and broaden other people's perspectives on things. I want to know. I want to understand. I want to help others know and understand. I don't know, so I want to learn. It's that which drove me to learn Sindarin, simply because I couldn't stand having two phrases in Elvish with no translation. And instead of just looking up what they meant, I decided I had to learn the whole language.

An explorer: The obsessive compulsiveness you see me directing towards Tolkien and archery are two of my many, many interests: Egypt, Greece and Rome; ancient cultures and art and mythology in general; religious approaches; astronomy; earthquakes and volcanoes; nature; horses; camping; travel; and a great deal more I'm forgetting just now. As a result, you'll see me drawing connections between unusual or disparate topics.

A community member: The living rooms in the college I attended in the late 90s were sort of pre-online-communities, with projects we did together (D&D, writing and illustrarting stories, watching Star Trek), and community diaries where we all had pseudonyms and wrote much as we post here. In '89 bulletin boards were spreading . I watched MUSHes and the web grow from infancy, and I've been a member of a MUSH for 10 years, mod on a bulletin board much like CoE somewhere else. As a result, I've seen a lot of the ways people interact, get along, don't get along in such communities. I've seen their rise and fall, ebb and flow, and many different types of people and activities that tend to recur in them.

I've cared very deeply for the communities where I've chosen to stay, and generally wind up leaving a positive impact and making a difference. I am a caretaker. I don't have much time to do that here, because I'm already a caretaker on my 10-year-MUSH and on another bboard, but the instinct of den mother and mediator is not something I can switch off.

And yes. I talk too much!

[Edited on 22/2/2003 by sepdet]
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2003 04:54
Iarfalaswen and Tanlaithwen: I'm a vegetarian too, ever since I ate some rabbit meat 13 years ago and then learned it was rabbit
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 11:00
Well that brings the list upto 3 veggies!

me - iarfalaswen
Tanlaithwen
Dawn-maiden

We'll all be unique!
Silly little me!

Luv
:heart:~~*iar*~~:heart:
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2003 03:10
Me?

I like Doritos

I rode a horse "Elven Fashion" before I even heard of LOTR. Very wonderful feeling not to have saddle or bridle. Warning: do not try this with just any horse.

I am one of the few Merry fanciers in a primarily Legolas/Frodo/Aragorn world

I like shiny clothes

I'm a girl and I like cars. Sports cars. I'm currently restoring a 1968 Mustang coupe

[Edited on 26/2/2003 by ShyHobbit]
Elanor_Luthuien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 01:51
what makes me unique to CoE? hm, *thinks hard, b/c thinking is hard for someone like her. ^_~* hm, i bet i'm probably the biggest freak here, who can get away with being cool and still a freak. lol, jk.
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 08:09
I'm crazy...........................................
pipsqueak
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 08:53
*has finally thought*

I have a reputation for being extremely obbsessed with Pippin (not too rare) and a rarer reputation for also drooling over Merry...

I have...a very very shrill sharp loud peircing scream? And I can squeak? (pipSQOUEAK and I can prove it ask those who've heard)

...then the fact I am VOLDEMORT DISGUISED AS A WEASLEY!:evil: has NOTHING to do with any of this! ^^
Orca
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 11:56
I like Doritos

I like Doritos!! :drool:

I'm a girl and I like cars. Sports cars. I'm currently restoring a 1968 Mustang coupe

I'm also a girl who likes cars. But change the 'like' to 'love' and ya got it. XD
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2003 11:15

I'm crazier... i want to be the craziest person here.

How can i prove it?
I eat Marmite on toast layers thick.
Have pancakes with squirty cream.
When i first saw LotR i sort of couldn't speak for about 1hr afterwards i was that gob-smacked.
I laugh at mayonnaise (i really do! Don't ask me why though?!)

Does that make me the craziest person here?
shenarwin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2003 02:41

I'm crazier... i want to be the craziest person here.

How can i prove it?
I eat Marmite on toast layers thick.
Have pancakes with squirty cream.
When i first saw LotR i sort of couldn't speak for about 1hr afterwards i was that gob-smacked.

How can I compete with that except.......

When I go to church I wear my elvish looking dress and have Arwen's hair style in the chase scene.

If people around were not too scared and could not have me arrested for carrying a deadly weapon, I would wear my sword and dagger everywhere I went.

My sister and I went bow and arrow practicing on a mountain trail once; you could imagine the strange looks we got.
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 08:29

No... I have a tea towel wich is *so* funny i can't do anything but laugh for hours when i look at it... It's just an ordinary tea towel...
I go out at half 6am in barefoot and sing hey, ho to the bottle i go,
I draw the sign i made (it says billy) on my face in green pen, go to school like that and when asked what it is i saw "The precioussss sssneeze!" and then sneeze and say precious at the same time 3 times,
I wear my Elven cloak, made by the elves of Glesga', *everywhere*
I give my Pippin scarf, which i also wear everywhere in all weathers, a BIG Hug every time i see a picture of pippin,
I go about school pointing to random people, scream there name and adding "YOU SHMELL LIKE CHEESHE! OOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!"
I shout TWEEK at really inaproprait times for some random reason
I Sing really daft songs like "Ding dong Merry's high, he's drunk and he is singing! ding dong Legolas is high, he's drunk and he is minging!" Again, at very random points.
I call my brother a cave troll.
Whenever i say cave troll i say it like boromir
I call boromir boromIR instead of boromeer cause i canny talk right.

I could go on...
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 11:19

No... I have a tea towel wich is *so* funny i can't do anything but laugh for hours when i look at it... It's just an ordinary tea towel...
I go out at half 6am in barefoot and sing hey, ho to the bottle i go,
I draw the sign i made (it says billy) on my face in green pen, go to school like that and when asked what it is i saw "The precioussss sssneeze!" and then sneeze and say precious at the same time 3 times,
I wear my Elven cloak, made by the elves of Glesga', *everywhere*
I give my Pippin scarf, which i also wear everywhere in all weathers, a BIG Hug every time i see a picture of pippin,
I go about school pointing to random people, scream there name and adding "YOU SHMELL LIKE CHEESHE! OOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!"
I shout TWEEK at really inaproprait times for some random reason
I Sing really daft songs like "Ding dong Merry's high, he's drunk and he is singing! ding dong Legolas is high, he's drunk and he is minging!" Again, at very random points.
I call my brother a cave troll.
Whenever i say cave troll i say it like boromir
I call boromir boromIR instead of boromeer cause i canny talk right.

I could go on...

Alas Alas! (pays homage to secret fancy)
I am not the craziest!!!!! Oh shoot!!!!! Do i get praise for trying though?
ok, must find other way to be unique :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 07:12
Hmm, I do not think I am such a unique person at all, but I will try to come up with a few things. :dizzy:

When I hang around with certain people I like, I start to talk and act a little like them, and even laugh like them sometimes. It's weird, because I can't help it! I try to, but I suddenly find myself acting like that person(s). I do that with several people, which kind of makes up a crazy blend of personality types which is me. Sounds weird, but to put it in a more simple way, I have no uniqueness of my own, but instead I am a blend of others' random qualities. o.O

I have "obsession-phases" - for an example, I was obsessed with anime/manga for a good while (I still enjoy it, but not like I did), then I became obsessed with Final Fantasy IX for a few months, and now I'm in my Lord of the Rings obsession-phase, and still going strong!

I prefer Japanese rock/pop music over (most) American music (I am American).

I think "crumpets" and "chum" are funny words ("chum" as in bloody shark bait).

I say/type "REMEMBER KANSAS" loudly and quickly/in all caps just before getting off of the phone/AIM with friends, due to a weird and random reason. A few people have even begun to challenge me and race me to saying it first when I or the other person is getting off. *laughs*

Lastly (that I can come up with), I have a habit of inserting many "faces" when I type, such as XD o.O ^_^ etc. I've tried to limit myself, as they are getting on even my nerves sometimes!

[Edited on 7/3/2003 by Alaghelediel]
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 09:35

I think "crumpets" and "chum" are funny words ("chum" as in bloody shark bait).

HEE HEE LOL!
I like my friends word. Uber-spiffy, as in something completely cool, with no flaws.
I'm supposing i'm the only one who says uber-spiffy!

Loriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 06:42
Aren't I the only Elf who answered the ad below?

" wanted: an American-born Anglo-Irish Greek Orthodox physician, woman; must have read LotR 32 years ago when Tolkien was still alive, be amateur linguist and philologist, must speak 4th century Greek but not modern, have hair the colour of Maedhros, Amrod and Amras (in spite of avatar), be unusually short for Elf (4'10.1").
Must be able to use the subjunctive correctly in 2 languages,not including Latin, and know how to use an Oxford comma. May not split infinitives or dangle participles. Must know what a participle is. Permissible to be able to be vulgar in 6 languages but must refrain from doing so at any time. Essential to have good sense of humour and ability to laugh at self to offset tendency to become conceited about the above.
No floors, windows or cooking required. Gardening skills a must for Athelas etc.
The technically challenged may apply but not be surprized when their diacritical marks and italics don't work."

If any one else out there answered the same ad, let me know. My headmaster in high school said that the best thing that ever happened to the world was that I wasn't twins.

pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2003 07:07
Hm lets see

I walk around the house [and outside] like an orc. Dont know why. i hate fish but yet i dance with them. Sometimes when i watch tv i laugh at the most weirdest things. The word goober cracks me up oh so much. well thats all for now
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 07:35
Am I the only female with a big bad axe hanging on my bedroom wall? I love the thing! :love:

Also, I have a twin. Any more of those out there?
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2003 09:14
I'm not crazy at all.

So anyway. I have no idea what makes me unique. I just try to be myself - if people like that, then great!
I like to think I'm funny, although, I've met funnier people here. You'd have to ask the people I talk to and chat to here as to what they think! *shrug*
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email