Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you unique to CoE?
on: June 06, 2005 04:14
Unique? I don't know. I hate shopping. I really hate it. I guess that's pretty unusual for a 16-year-old girl And I don't wear make-up. I don't care about looks, clothes, I don't have a cell-phone (I think I'm the only one at school who doesn't have one). And I love nature:love:
I'm that rarely found (outside of my People's Republic -- oops, I mean city) mixture of democratic-liberal-hippy-romantic-cynic-pessimist who has effectively made up her own religion. Democratic, raised that way. Liberal, my own beliefs in the world and myself-- I read slash, and I've gone to a few rallies supporting gay rights, abortion, anti-Bush, etc. I have a sticker on my waterbottle that says "one term president".... Hippy-- oh man. Walk barefoot, bike to school, won't drive if I can help it, won't cut hair, wear skirts and such, don't shave legs, etc.
Woohoo! I don't like having my hair cut either. Once a year I'll grab some scissors and cut it myself:rolling: I hardly ever wear socks, it drives my brother mad.
And I totally agree about the no-driving thing! Bicycles are so much better than cars I'm not very pessimistic though, more hopeful pessimistic (does that make sense?)

Oh, and I think I'm the only half-Dutch, half-Norwegian moose-obsessed CoEer and I'm insane!
Well, for starters, I'm the one and only ABotS!!
Yeah, but you're also called Celedë and have a sword called Anthaas, right?
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 03:00
Well, for starters, I'm the one and only ABotS!!
Yeah, but you're also called Celedë and have a sword called Anthaas, right?

Too true! But I think I'll leave your name to you, I'm pretty happy with ABotS for now!
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 03:45
And I'm Ilfa... :killcomp: LOL. :rolling: useless.:dizzy:

Anyway, I'm also a TRUCKer, a good old crazy, insane CoE member who is willing to help no matter what. I'm kinda wierd as I'm sometimes serious and sometimes crazy/insane.:evil:
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 01:14
You forgot one thing Ilfa, you're completely 100% obsessed with the Balrog *lol* I don't think anyone is as obsessed with the Balrog as you!
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 01:37
uhm... good question

well.. I am definitely the only KKM (short for knick-knack machinator) on this site

and... I think I am one of the few who met their boyfriends on CoE :love:

ohw yes, and I am a dirrty, sweaty men drooler :drool: (but I am not the only one in that *grins*)
Ninjoo
Craziness' Spiritual Caretaker
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 06:14
ohw yes, and I am a dirrty, sweaty men drooler :drool: (but I am not the only one in that *grins*)
You're right, KKM. :drool: But together we're unique in that, maybe.

Well, i'm most definitely the only one here called Ninjoo and Head Honcho (HH). And maybe even the only one called Nynke.
Lanfear and I are the creators of the Spread-the-Craziness Program, which is a very unique program for highly insane and crazy people, who are on itself a very unique species.

So, more then enough reasons for me to be called unique.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 06:28
Afraid I don't have much of anything that makes me unique. Anything I might have already has been listed.

If I think of anything I'll come back to this.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 04:05
You forgot one thing Ilfa, you're completely 100% obsessed with the Balrog *lol* I don't think anyone is as obsessed with the Balrog as you!
LOL, yeah.:evil: I posted it in my earlier message.
:love::love::love:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 09:11
Upon trying to figure out *something* about me that is completely and entirely unique, I believe I may have come up with something!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only right-handed person I know who is ambidextrous in pool (billards) and is actually more comfortable playing "left-handed" than right. I am right-handed in just about everything else. Though I used to play a pretty good left forward in soccer (football). Hmm.

Do I need to come up with something else?
Lhachwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 12:17
EASY! My LOTR/Naruto/Inuyasha Crossover!!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 02:30
What is unique about me to COE. Well some of you might consider me ancient I am 54 but that is not what makes me unique. My love of all things Tolkien but every one on the forum Fan Over Forty(in my case fifty) has that so it must be that childlike innocence I have that draws me here . I am unique in that I am like a sponge with LOTR I absorb all that I can and nothing is ever boring. I love all the characters in the books some more than others . I taught my three year old grandson lines from the movies. He was in a restaurant and took his straw held it high in the air slammed it on the table and said you shall not pass. I think that might be unique. I like mashed potato sandwiches and I was a member of the Monkees fan club too,Morwenna.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2006 02:39
Another member of the Monkee fan club reporting in, awelyn.

The unique thing about me is that I am related to the founder of the mystic societies that are associated with Mardi Gras. He founded the Cowbellion de Rakin Society in 1830. Of course, I wasn't there, but I heard that a great time was had by all!!

MT
(I think that I am perhaps the only woman who has a cardboard boyfriend,named Ara-baby, whom she rode out hurricane Ivan with while her husband slept through it!)
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 12:00
Well I think that I am the only Reverend Mother here who can read
postings and nap at the same time...

Then again I am also the only RM I know who is attempting to get
housing for homeless Elves who can't get SSI... even though they
paid into the system!

Don't ask about the situation unless you are one of these who will
listen to the de Dannan take 1000 years to explain one of their
daily problems...

Sigh. The FOFr's know about my zanyness but they haven't plumbed
the depths quite yet..
They do know I am a Monkees fan. I drove Dad crazy singing their
theme song all the time when their show was on the air.
He finally got me hooked on 3 Dog NIght...
so I bought my first album Golden Biscuit!
And played that til the record warped...
then I made Mom buy me a new copy!
Though I did promise not to play it when Dad was at home.

Do let me know if there are any other RMs here... eh?
:wave: :cheers: for the FOFrs...
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 12:43
Maybe I am the only dragon here on CoE. Explanations given, if required.

Other than that, I'm me!
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 09:42
What makes me unique on CoE? It has everything to do with my avatar and my name.

I have a temper to match. So move over dragon.
Wish_I_Was_Arwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 01:39
I'm probably the only diehard Gilmore Girls fan here, and while probably not the only one, one of a select group of people that hasn't yet finished the books. I'm about a page and a half from the end of The Two Towers.

A lot of the sites/real places I am, I'm the only big fan of country music. I don't know if that's true here or not, but that's another possibility.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 17, 2006 09:32
Umm, explanation requested, Rosie!

Hmm...that's a tough one. I'm very random, especially in the Nessa realm! *I hope that counts*
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 10:02
I guess i would have to say that (apart from being a HUGE LOTR fan, but then aren't we all?) my biggest unique feature would have to be thefact that i'm disabled. i suffer from Spina Bifida ad Hydrocephalus. explanations provided upon request.
Shiggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 11:37
What makes me unique is my tendency to post odd things.
yeah, yallknowmeeee
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 02:54
um, Ithilion, can I ask what it is that you said you had?

I don't know how unique this is, but I am known as the Pirate Elf in my realm, if that isn't unique I don't know what is.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 02:27
I suffer from Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

spina bifida is a condition where the bones of the spinal column don't grow properly, and this leads to erve damage, which varies with how high the damaged vertebrae are. i am fortuate that the vertebrae are very low in my back, as one or two higher could have left me paralysed

hydrocephalus happens when the brain produces too much cerebrospinal fluid, and can't get rid of it all. this causes a buildup in pressure in the skull, which can lead to brain damage and, if not detected and treated immediately, death. i have a tube inserted in my neck that drains the excess CSF into my peritoneum (the space between all the organs in my abdomen)
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 02:54
Mmm...

Well, I could just go with my username. It's the name I use all over the web, and it is all me. Er, that is, if you see an Eslyssa somewhere, it is me. I am all over the place.

But more interestingly, perhaps, I believe I am unique here in being a member of the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronisms) - that is, I am a Medieval Reenactor. (If by any chance I am wrong in this, I would be *very* interested to find out.)

My non LotR interests, thusly, include such things as Anglo-Norman Heraldry, Sixteenth Century Swordplay, Archery (at real people, too!), 13-14th century cookery...

This is me in a 15th century Italian I made recently...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/350320987_44cf8b5b77.jpg?v=0

And this is an example of a tourney. Don't worry, it's all very safe. Also colourful.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/amelinegiffard/Festival%202006/IMG_2189.jpg

(If anyone's interested in hearing more about the SCA - because it truly is a world wide society - feel free to PM me. I *love* to talk about it. It's fantastic.)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email