Register

Author Topic:
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What makes you unique to CoE?
on: April 11, 2003 09:26
I'm not crazy at all.

yeah whatever! *hugs* nah, you're quite sane!
I think i'm unique, as i'm the only member who seems to be here forever! and says uber-spiffy!
Pènncrabaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2003 01:23
I'll let you decide if I'm unique or not :

I'm a tech girl - I can sit for hours on a computer making a webpage and not be bored. I love things technical and I love to learn about it. Making movies, setting up lights, you name it, I love it.

I'm a trend-setter. I once made a CD for a friend of mine and named it "The Cage Stew Soundtrack" (Instead of the Stage Crew). It caught on and everyone wanted me to make them one! I also started linking stuff to my school house, Avalon, and pretty soon most people my age in my house were doing it!

I'm a HUGE musician - I've played clarinet for 5 years, saxaphone (alto and tenor) for 3 years, recorder since I could hold one in my hands, and piano for a year. I also sing in the school choir and the womans' choir and work in the music library during my free hours.

Oh, and I'm unique because I hated Legolas in the movie and thought that Pippin was the best character in the book
Andowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2003 01:50
I'm probably the least popular person on the whole of CoE.
LOL
No seriously I think I'm the only person here who lives on a small island off the west coast of Scotland.

Andowen

Gwenneth_Rodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2003 04:11
Woo hoo!
I'm definitely unique. I'm the only person here who is in a wheelchair, is seventeen and doesn't live with her parents.
Also I speak fluent French as both my parents are French.
But I live in England!
I challenge any of you to beat that!
LOL

[Edited on 14/4/2003 by Gwenneth_Rodwen]
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 09:00
I'm pretty sure *twitch twitch* I'm the only person here *twitch twitch* that can't think about.. poca.. poca.. *gulp* poca... ho...n...tus... *cringe* pocohantus *shiver* without feeling an overwhelming sence of fear! :O

:cry:
Mairwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 12:17
Well when I first joined I was told by k that I was the only welsh member of CoE. But more have joined since.

Hmmm I suppose that means I'll have to settle with being the only CoE member to have based their GCSE photography exam on the dead marshes. That is unless anyone else has?
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 04:17
Some other things that make me [/i]differrent[i] are i run really fast then jump in the air and see how far i land. Sometimes i yell at chairs! Someone saying hi to me in the dark make me jump straight up in the air. M&M's make me giddy! I like to bite ppl ( not really) and I thinks thats all i have!
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 05:38
I am left handed. I am a woman who hates shopping. I have crossed the Atlantic Ocean (several times) and the Pacific Ocean twice. I have lived in Europe, Asia and North America. I do my own car repairs (1984 Camaro-- hey, it's paid for) and appear to be the oldest person here. (in fifth decade)
RangerNorlin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 04:56
I am sure I am one of the older folks here, let's just say I have been reading JRRT for thirty years, and teachng it for ten. And I'm pretty sure I am the only one that practices the gentle art of pipe smoking and ring blowing. Hey I even created a thread about it and it turned into a COE store add. OK, OK I hear all the anti smoking talk, but blame JRR. When I read him as a teen back in19 mumble mumble, I had to try it. Anyway, to all of you at COE, Elen sila lumenn omentilmo!!!
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 01:48
Oh good, I'm not the nuttiest one on here.
Am I unique? hmm.
I think I may be the only one with a frog named Sauron and a half dozen pet crabs.
I want a pet Gollum
I gurantee I hate Legolas more than ANYONE on here. :evil:
I have literally a room full of pets. (my parents hate me):cry:
I have had job offers from the time I was 9. *shrugs*:dizzy:
I am TERRIFIED of spiders, even pinhead sized ones. *shudder*
what if one grows? *runs from room screaming*
K, I'm back *still shaking*
I bet I'm the only onewho says 'precioussss' in every post, and in almost every scentence when I talk :blush:
I will randomly burst into laughter at the STUPIDEST things
I don't love any actor, and I NEVER use the :drool: emoti.
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 02:30
I am left handed. I am a woman who hates shopping.

I am soo like you!!! My mum drags me shopping! makes me want to gag!!!

um lets see

oh oh i took a klenex and i twisted it up to make to look kinda like a jelly fish and i named him squishy and i played with him for 2 hours!!!!
I watch teletubies then look at the clock and laugh!!!
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 10:29
I'm unique because I'm me!!! Everyone's different so everyone's unique. There! I'm qite proud of that answer!
Moogan1689
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:18
hmm... I'm 15 turning 16 and i've never been kissed:blush: or even had a bf... i'm a band-geek who loves Hockey. I'm proud to be a band-geek. My interests are very clashing.... LotR, Harry Potter and hockey. what else... I'm afraid of clowns....*shudder* I love movie soundtracks, evanesance and coldplay, hmmm what else... i dunno.. i'm sure i'll think of something after i post this....
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:41
I think the only thing I can think of that makes me 'unique' to CofE is that I'm the 999th Sindarin Student!

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:52
Erm... maybe I'm unique because of my obsession with killer whales?

I LOVE killer whales!
Hmm...I completely obsessed with the unexplained. Definately that. I guess that makes me unique? Oh, and I also LOVE the wind. Don't ask why. I just do.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 11:52
I'm *still* the only Misty Mountain Monster
Neneithel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 04:04
I am not brilliant, and that at least puts me in the minority here. So far I haven't found any other non-brilliant people.

I think I can only be unique in compound form. I suspect that I am the only Sindarin-learning, Cyprus-born, ex-florist Christian druid, but I could be wrong!

atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 09:46
Well...

- I might be the only person to have 2 cocker spaniels...

- I might be the only dive instructor and marine biologist here

- I probably am the only person that *needs* mayonnaise and L&P (all New Zealanders out there will know what that is) to survive

- I probably am the only person whose favourite Tolkien chapter is The Music of the Ainur

- and I *might* be the only person to be going to the LotR exhibition on its first morning at 10am sharp tomorrow morning
Kezia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 10:05
I'm a woman but I hate shopping for shoes.

Well, me too... :angry:

Maybe I'm unique because i don't drool over Legolas??? i suppose not

That's right. I don't like that Orli/Leggi drooling... but that doesn't make me unique...

I know that I'm not the only german girl around... but surely I'm the only one obsessed with tortoises :love:

[Edited on 16/9/2003 by Kezia]
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 11:00
mmm... reasons that make me unique:
I find any adhesive paper, disgusting, I even throw up if I have them too near

I laugh everytime someone I don't know gets in the elevator with me, but laugh my a s s off!!

I can't smell, anything, and 6 years ago my house got on fire because of a gas leak I didn't smell

I guess I'm the only one around here from Chile

I have three proffessions, and work in all of them (actress/translator/teacher)

I can say entire parts of LOTR in spanish

I have a grey cat called gandalf the grey

I have a memory that's sometimes scary... I can remember everything

and I guess that's it

Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 01:25
Probably not much.......
my signature is unique
my mind is unique I'm quite evil.... :evil:

that's about it....
Enchilion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:02
I'm not unique...I'm proud of being mediocre...
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 10:50
Unique, me? Hardly, but I'll try and think something up anyway. Hmm... I've got it! I love Legolas! Oh, wait, that's "conformity", not "unique". ((But I kid... I really do love Legolas. Don't spear me!))

Well, I'm a paparazzi in my spare time. ((Severe inside joke, but unique nonetheless.)) I love Flogging Molly and showtunes. I am a complete Artemis Fowl fanatic. Yes, yes, I admit it.

And I was the first member to have a username that started with "Iar". I beat all the "Iaur" folks, too. ::grins:: User #1035, baby! And considering the fact that there's 16,005 registered users as of now, that's not bad.
mewantmypreciouss
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 01:41
hmmm...

I have this HUGE :love:love:love: for the :heart:Ringwraiths:heart:... i dont know why... i love them sooo much, i have a few toy ones. (If i got a part in LotR i would wanna be a ringwraith)

I am addicted to caramel yoghurt. cant get enough of it.

I can listen to 'She hates me' by Puddle of Mudd over and over and over and over (im listening to it now...)

I Love Spongebob Squarepants!!! (me loves Patrick Star)

And atalante_star - I hear ya L&P, man cant live without it!!!! (big Hi to all those Kiwis out there!!)

oh and I hate the All Blacks (NZ Rugby team)
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 03:11
L&P is just the *best*!!!!
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 04:27
I could have sworn I'd posted here!
Anyway, I'm the only friendly balrog here, thats for sure.
No one does things that are nearly as stupid as I do (Don't argue with that one or you'll be reading the list of them for the rest of your life)
I'm the only person here from edinburgh (I'm pretty sure of that)
No one else gets Confoosed nearly as much as me.
Um, I'm the only person to use in almost every post?
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 05:04
Whoa...in the real world,I`m unique in every way imaginable(or so they tell me),but I`m not so sure about CoE though...

Well first,I have a horrible need to laugh while everybody around me is serious,and when everybody is happy,I`m depressed!That can sometimes be really frustrating:dizzy:...

I also have a wierd liking for raisins...I have to eat them every day,for breakfast,during school...

Oh,and I also live in a small country you have probably never heard of...
DaughterofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 05:05
I have a rare eye disease called granular dystrophy eventually it can cause blindness. But don't worry about me I don't let in get me down and I refuse to let it get in the way of my dream. I want to be an actress.
Soulbound: Book 1 in the Song of Souls trilogy, http://tiny.cc/TheAdventureBegins
DaughterofNimrodel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 02:17
Hehehe, I just thought of another one. I've been mountian climbing with a nun,lol. For real!!
Soulbound: Book 1 in the Song of Souls trilogy, http://tiny.cc/TheAdventureBegins
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2003 07:40
I've broken a bone(or something to that effect) every other year since second grade....and this comes to mind to me because I seemed to have broken my ankle tonight. Also, I've had the Chicken Pox 5 times...

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by Ivorwen_]
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: October 12, 2003 07:42

oh and I hate the All Blacks (NZ Rugby team)

Are you kidding? They're hilarious!! I laugh each time they come on! Of course, I'm allowed to, as I'm in the country next door and they can't come and kill me. Or would they just do the Haka over me? One and the same, probably

Ok, ermm...

-I think I am the only one here who went to a Wiggles concert in her teenage years as neither mother nor babysitter(not telling the story behind that one)

-I think I am the only Essendon fan here (You'd need to be an Aussie Rules footy fan to know what I'm on about). Go Dons!!

-I love Eddie McGuire (another Aussie insider joke-though by now he might have taken over the world )

-I am the only 'eldir' on this board. And that's NOT a copout!

-I think I *may* be the only Victorian that hates Federation Square. What a nightmare that is.
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 02:29
I love Eddie McGuire(another Aussie insider joke-though by now he might have taken over the world )
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I think I am the only one here who went to a Wiggles concert in her teenage years as neither mother nor babysitter
yes, but do you know all the words? maybe that's my unique thingummy...*shaaaaame...* :blush:

uuum, ok...lets see...coe unique things...

-well, there's my um, 'habits' in the Hanging Horseman...really, my constant inebriation must be getting old hat by now...but i JUST CAN'T STOP!!!

-i'm probably alone in having a tomato in my sig, as well as KEEPING it in my sig so long that everyone's probably forgotten why i put it there in the first place!

as for general uniqueness/weirdness...

-i like ouzo! hence the first point above (hey, we write what we know!) oh, and i like liquorice ice-cream...ppl tell me thats weird...why? what's wrong with it?!

-i REFUSE to use a teaspoon to put (instant) coffee in my mug (i just pour it out of the jar)...i dont' care if it's the equivalent of 3 heaped spoons! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 02:11
I love Eddie McGuire(another Aussie insider joke-though by now he might have taken over the world )
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Long live Eddie!

I think I am the only one here who went to a Wiggles concert in her teenage years as neither mother nor babysitter
yes, but do you know all the words? maybe that's my unique thingummy...*shaaaaame...* :blush:
I do indeed-and the movements too :blush:

morwenna
News Admin and Taste Tester for LHH
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 02:41
Hmm unique things about me, there's plenty, I'm sure I'm the only person on COE to:

Like eating mashed potato sandwitches

Have been a member of the Monkees official fan club.

Have a certificate for completing a slalom ski run in Bulgaria and one to show I can right a capsized dinghy in non-tidal waters.

Have read (as part of a group) the complete works of Shakespeare out loud in one go - we did it at Uni to try to get into the Guiness book of records and raise money for a theatre tour.

AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 12:03
I could have sworn I'd posted here!
Anyway, I'm the only friendly balrog here, thats for sure.
No one does things that are nearly as stupid as I do (Don't argue with that one or you'll be reading the list of them for the rest of your life)
I'm the only person here from edinburgh (I'm pretty sure of that)
No one else gets Confoosed nearly as much as me.
Um, I'm the only person to use in almost every post?

Well, you are after all the one and only master of stupidity
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email