Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Mage's Quest (KEEP)
on: July 09, 2003 01:56
Kayle watched the fight with a mixture of amusment and frustration. These two had been adults since the second age, and they still acted like children. Eventully, his amusment faded, and left only annoyance.
"By the Matriarch, grow up!" He shouted. The girls stopped suddenly to look at this new interupption.
"Do you realize how stupid this bickering is? You two have been the best of friends, for all this time, through battles and bars, through magic and mayhem." He turned to look up at Sil.
"You! What is this nonsense about Liv killing Durin? She may not have loved him, but last time I checked, she didn't want his head on a stick!"
She was silent, stunned by his words.
"Even if she had hated him, she would have left him alone for your sake, knowing how much you loved him. Now you come up with outrageous accusation."
His voice took on a sarcastic edge.
"Did you go to her and calmly discuss you concerns? Did you try to solve the problem like rational adults?"
Answering his own question he shouted,
"No! You climb up a tree and sulk! I'm sorry, Sil, I've forgotten how old you are. Was it a thousand, or ten?"
Tears in her eyes, Sil scrampled higher into the tree. He heard Livarie snickering behind him. He spun on his heel.
"And you!" She jumped at the sudden change of target.
"Can you imagine what kind of pain she's in? Have you ever lost one you loved?"
Not waiting for an answer, he continued.
"I know that it was a terrible insult, but you should have taken into accout her grief, and let it go. Did you? No! You resorted to childish insults to make you feel better!"
He shook his head.
"I can't believe this. We have a Dark Lord trying to take over the world, and an evil Duke trying to kill us, and what are you two doing? Arguing like children! Why not just give up?"
He looked at each in turn.
"I am ashamed to have had to see this."
Leaving them speechless, he stalked off to a nearby stream.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2003 03:43
ooc- Awww! Now they have to make up!! Darnit...

Sil watched as Kayle went off on Liv. Ooo she's not going to like that!!! she thought to herself. "I'm still not talking to her... And of course she knows what pain I'm in you idiot!!! I KNOW HER BETTER THAN YOU DO!!!" she shouted after him. She looked down at the people on the ground. "What are you staring at!?" she shouted and a they looked away.

Draikren looked around. "Whats Middiar?" he asked, just to annoy Gratio on purpose. "It is a city/town (I forgot..)..." Gratio said. "But I thought we were going to Sevesian?" Draikren said again. "WE WILL STOP AT MIDDIAR ON THE WAY TO SEVESIAN!!" Gratio shouted again, making Draikren burst with laughter.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2003 06:51
"Can you imagine what kind of pain she's in? Have you ever lost one you loved? I know that it was a terrible insult, but you should have taken into accout her grief, and let it go. Did you? No! You resorted to childish insults to make you feel better!"

Livarie narrowed her eyes. Ai. Amin ruth
"Are you implying that I did not love my family? Father, mother? My brother, Elfaroth, is no where to be found. It is rumored that he was mutilated and then laid to rest." she said in an extremely irritated tone. She hugged her knees to her chest. "I understand what she feels, but it is a memory long faded. Much magic has been used to help me forget, but not even the works of preists can erase the pain"

And I do not kill purposely. It is a duty, Sil. Just as yours. Please do not think that I would do this. I am already feared because of it she whispered into Sil's thoughts. She sighed and called her horse, looking at the sky breifly.
"Well, are we going to let that Ramanth creep get away with everything he has done?" she asked, tugging Lithfin's reins and slowing him to a halt.

Liv climbed into the saddle and checked over the horse to make sure it was in good shape. She waited for the others.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2003 12:19
Ramanth shuffled back to Bobillius's room with haste and cleared his thraot.

"Your troops are extremely weak and are badly-trained. Have you nay idea how powerful these Adepts are? It's not like I can kill him alone!" Ramanth yelled as Gresica chewed off some fat from a turkey drumstick

After a few minutes of chowing down on some meat, Bobillius wiped his mouth with an apron and then spoke "That is all I have, Regent. The rest of the footmen are marching in east Chaonia. If you don't like the remaining troops, then I suggest you go somewhere else"

Ramanth grunted, and then crooned on "Emperor, this is for the sake of Nerijin. If you don't get your more superior troops back here, then Nerijin will never se the face of this planet again!"

"I dont care! I was never a supporter of Nerijin or Aerd'Na or Saratar! Now get out of here and go back to Ramanth!"

Ramanth's face was red now. Bobillius had obviously made him mad. He walked over to the throne where he sat, and then choked Bobillus's fat neck

"Y-You....What are you doing? Are you trying to kill me?" Bob's face was in a shade of red even darker than Ramanth's "because if you are...you will definetlly perish...and...and at least I'll die a heroic death by not helping you.."

Ramanth smirked as his face went back to it's original complexion "Tch...The last thing I'd do is give you a heroic death, Bob"

"N-No! No! You wouldn't dare!"

The duke rasied his staff in the air while it shined a light of "darkness". Gresica's eyes bulced out as blood trickled down from his wet lips. His skin started to turn gray, and his eyes crusted into a dark black. The blood also became a black color and turned into a very slimy texture. Bob's hair turned completely white, the exact same white as Ramanth's hair.

"Now, Bobillius-Bevaranitos Doloramia Gresica, you are one of us, the Undead!! You will serve Lady Aerd' na, and help us in finding the fragments of Neithrih!!"
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2003 03:53
ooc-dangit, guys. i had a really good post and my stupid computer disconnected me in the middle of the "transaction" and your posts have rendered it useless. grrr...:angry: *this is my best attempt to salvage the humor you destroyed!*

"You! What is this nonsense about Liv killing Durin? She may not have loved him, but last time I checked, she didn't want his head on a stick!"

Isila began to laugh and turned it swiftly into a cough. They seem to have forgotten, she thought to Taran, Jahn, and Ky, I am the one who has always wanted to put Durin's head on a stick.

Taran and Isila snickered, Ky suppressed a giggle, but Jahn burst into laughter. The three turned on him. "What's so funny?" they shouted together.

Jahn quickly suppressed his laughter. "Nothing, nothing. We were just placing bets on how long you won't speak to each other. Isila gives you a day, Taran's got three, I say a week, and Ky's decided on until this evening. Would you three like to place your bets? Winner takes all." At this, the three women not arguing with one another burst into fits of laughter.

Sil didn't appreciate it. "DO YOU HONESTLY FIND IT FUNNY THAT SOME MAN JUST TOOK OFF WITH DURIN'S BODY AND MY BEST FRIEND IS THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH!?!?!"

Even Kayle and Liv stopped their arguing at Sil's shouting.

"No, Sil, we don't." It was Isila this time. "We just hate to see you fighting over something that none of us could have stopped. Do you really believe that either of you could have influenced Durin either way? I did not know the man for long, but I learned quickly that he is head-strong, and goes his own way. What he does, he does for a reason. He'll be back, I know he will. But until then, we must go on our way. Durin can find us, no matter where we are. You must have faith." And with that, Isila saddled her horse (i'm riding through the desert on a horse with no name...hehe), and mounted.

[Edited on 10/7/2003 by Gilraen]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 02:14
ooc- Very good.. but I've got something up my sleeve too...

Silivren got out of the tree and mounted her horse that just appeared out of nowhere. Well, it is a very smart horse and when she calls him he comes anyway, so its not like it just appearead out of nowhere.. But on to the story. Although my horse isn't that bad! I mean.. I guess he's part of the story since he carries me around.. from here to there.. from there to here.. I mean.. might as well be one of the main characters, right?

Well, no.. because then all of the horses would have to be main characters, which wouldn't make sense sinse we are the ones who are actually in the story, you know? Hmmm.. he is a nice and shiny horse too! That could count for something. But what if..

*People in the backround shout: "Get on with it!!"* Oh.. right.. Sorry! Get kind of carried away... On to the post!

"You are all wrong about the bets.." she said. "I know it's not your fault Liv, I just needed to blame someone.. I'm sorry.. Let's go now.. and do.. whatever needs to be done!" she said to LIVARIE with an evil grin to Isila and them. "You were all wrong :evil:" she said.

Suddenly remembering something, Sil weeled her horse around. "Um.. right.. where did Kayle go!?" she asked in alarm, since she didn't see him stalk off to the stream.

[Edited on 7/10/03 by Lady~Silivren]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 04:48
"You are all wrong about the bets.."

"Well, it's a good thing we were wrong, because none of us actually placed bets. Isila said something to us in her mind, and we started to laugh. Jahn's the one that came up with the bets," Ky told Sil who was finally getting out of the tree.

"Right then," said Isila, "where are we off to?"
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2003 07:57
Ramanth walked through the hallway leading to the exit of the palace, with the new Undead Bobillius following.

"How do you stop this?!!" Bobillius screamed with an annoyed rage. His mouth was still flooding with the slimy black blood.

"Be quiet, it'll die down in time" Ramanth said, without turning his head back to look at Bob. "by the way...why were you so excited when I said that I found a Heithrih fragment? How would it affect you if you're not a supporter of Aerd'na?"

"None of your business Regent" Bob cupped his hands over his mouth, but the blood still came out of the small slits of finger space. "And why are we going to Middiar like you said?"

"Something about an Adept being there. Or another fragment of Neithrih"

"Oh yeah? What do you plan on doing to the Adept?"

"Turn him/her into an Undead slave"

"As I thought..."

Ramanth stopped and then snapped his fingers. Him and Bob vanished as their bodies projected in the streets of Middiar. With the innocent bystanders staring with confusion at them (remember Ramanth used aura magic to revive everything in the city? Including the people and buildings?). The two walked across the bazaar with haste.

After a few more minutes of walking, Ramanth finally stopped at a little adobe house at the far edge of town. The duke knocked the door several times before a small, 15 year-old girl opened it.

"Yes?"

"Hello. You are an Adept of Chaonia, are you not?

The girl raised an eyebrow "Yes..."

Ramanth raised his arm with a swift motion and choked the girl. Her hair turned a pearly white and wrinkles began to form on her face as huge veins popped out of her forehead and her hands. Her eyes bulged out and crusted into a black color. And the slimy black blood flowed down her chapped lips.

"Great. Another undead minion for Lady Aerd'Na. Let's go to back to the center of town now, shall we?"

Ramanth choked just about everyone in the city. The merchants, the gate guards, even the infants. By now there were 80 or so other undead warriors, not including the babies and children.

"Come my warriors! Tonight, we kill all Adepts and bring Nerijin back to Chaonia!!"

[Edited on 11/7/2003 by tasuki1000]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2003 06:24
Livarie sighed and leaned forward in the saddle, fiddling with the charm on her necklace. She remembered when Crimson gave it to her, hardly fifty years ago.

A much more plain Livarie ran down the halls of the temple, carrying scrolls in her arms and trying to watch her step. The white robe she wore swished with her step, and the front was covered in ink. She carried a dripping quill pen between her eye teeth. She attempted to shift the scrolls into her right arm in exchange for her brush, but rounded a corner and collided with Silivren. She almost choked on the pen she had in her mouth.
"SILIVREN!" she cried. Livarie pulled herself off the ground and helped Sil up. "Here, I brought your scrolls that you left in the west wing"

Silivren laughed, and helped gather the papers. "I can't beleive it! We have finished our service here! We can move on to... well... wherever we want to go!!!" she cried. Crimson rounded the corner too, and stopped before colliding with them. The two elves bowed in reverance.

"Lady Crimson. We are sorry. It was an accident" Livarie stuttered, bowing her head slightly. Silivren looked blank for a moment. "Dreadfully sorry." she said. Crimson smiled softly, and levitated the scrolls so Liv and Sil had an easy time gathering them. The human sorceress then turned to leave. "I expect you two, as my best apprentices, to be at the ceremony at noon"

Liv grinned and fiddled with the pen eagerly. "You can count on us being there" she said quietly. Crimson walked away quickly, and the two elves glanced at eachother. They both gave a happy cry and flew back down the hall. Livarie quickly checked into her room, giving her fox a quick pat and grabbing her black robe. She slipped it on swiftly and met Silivren in the hallway, carefully avoiding conking into eachother.

They said a quick prayer and ran to the sanctuary together, Sil wearing a robe of white with blue fringe. Life. Livarie smiled to herself as they entered. Crimson came forward in front of the vast meeting of differant peoples and slipped the charms over their necks. "Your terms are through, and you are both learned in light and dark necromancy" she said. The elves smiled. Two weeks later, Sil and Liv went their seperate ways.

Livarie smiled in her memory and looked to Silivren, who also was glancing at her jewel. They glanced at eachother and looked away a little, to the others.

A sudden streak of pain ran through Livarie's mind. She placed her hand over her eyes. "The undead" she said, just loud enough for Kayle to hear. "I feel it... deprived of life, and longing for death" She searched for any memory of them. She only remembered one of the undead, and even she could not defeat it. "Ah sht. It's out of my reach" she thought.

"Ah well, they are far away... on to lighter things!" Liv said, and spurred her horse slightly
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2003 07:00
-Livarie smiled in her memory and looked to Silivren, who also was glancing at her jewel.-
Silivren remembered that she had her jewel on, so she took it out and stared at it. It has been so long.. she thought.

Silivren woke up scratching her nose. Something was making it itch and it wouldn't go away. She was sitting on a tree branch, leaning against the tree. She flicked at the thing once more, and opened her eyes when it didn't go away.

Sitting infront of her was a she-elf who looked about her age, holding a leaf infront of her nose. The she-elf noticed that she was awake and threw the leaf over the side of the branch. "Um.. hello?" Silivren said, wondering why she was disturbed from her nap. "Hello." said the she-elf with a smile. Silivren sat up. "Who are you?" she asked, reaching for her knife. The she-elf saw her hand move and drew her bow and arrow. "I am Livarie.. who are you?" the she-elf said, and motioned for Silivren to drop her hand.

Silivren did what Livarie wanted. "I.. I'm Silivren.. what are you doing waking me up!?" she demanded. Livarie blushed and put her bow and arrow away. "I'm sorry.. I just wanted someone to talk to. And besides, I couldn't resist!" she said with a grin. Silivren relaxed a bit now.

"So, where are you from?" Livarie asked with interest. Silivren stood up on the branch and pointed. "That way.. wait no.."-she turned another direction- "That way! or wait... no.. it's-" But when she turned around again she lost her balance and fell from the tree. Luckily Livarie had caught her foot, and was now swinging her from side to side.

"Help me up!" Sil cried, covering her eyes. "I can't you're too heavy!" Liv said, pulling as hard as she could. "Take that back!" Silivren demanded. "Well, do you see me pulling you up!?" Liv cried. "I'm going to let you go!" Silivren covered her eyes again. "Noo! Don't! I'll fall on my head!" she cried. Livarie rolled her eyes. "No you won't! Elves always land on their feet! Or are you not an elf!?" she asked. "Just grab my other foot!" Sil yelled. "I can't! You'll pull me down with you!" Liv shouted.

Silivren moaned. "Just get me down or up or which ever direction!!" she yelled. Livarie let go of her foot, and Silivren fell to the ground, and landed in a pile of leaves, and not on her feet. She got up and fumbled around with the leaves a bit before she was able to get out. Livarie easily jumped out of the tree and walked to Silivren. "Are you alright?" she asked, and got missed by a few leaves that Silivren threw. "You said elves always landed on their feet!" she groand, rubbing her back. "Did I? No.. I don't think so..." Liv said.

Silivren protested. "Yes you did! You said.. 'Elves always land on their feet! Or are you not an elf!?'" Silivren said. Livarie shook her head. "Noo.. I don't remember saying that..." she said. Silivren tried to throw leaves at her again, but leaves don't throw, so she obviousely missed.

A few weeks later Livarie and Silivren were best friends, and inseperable. Thus beginning the story of the friendship of Silivren and Livarie.

Silivren was snapped out of her daydream by Liv's voice. "Ah well, they are far away... on to lighter things!" Liv said, and spurred her horse slightly. Silivren put her jewel away and looked at the rest of the company.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2003 10:16
A few days passed, and the Undead forces grew. Now, at least 300-500 people had been choked by Ramanth, and each had suffered the same effects: Some baldness, the white hair, the stained teeth, thich, slimy black blood oozing down their chins like hot tar, and the wrinkled skin.

Ramanth and the armies teleported to Sevesiel, choking every living soul they could spot. And now, Sevesiel, the densely populated capitol had become a ghost town...

((Short Post, I know. But at least I'm actually posting..unlike some people....*cough**cough* lol jk jk.))

[Edited on 12/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2003 11:48
((Heehee..))

Silivren tried to smile, but the more she thought of blaming Livarie for Durin's death, she wanted to cry. How could I?! she thought to herself, holding back tears. She took out the jewel again and glared at it. She looked up and wiped away a tear running from her cheek. I must be strong... I must find Durin and save him from Ramanth's clutches! she thought and made her hand into a fist.

She was snapped out of her dream-world by looking up and seeing everyone staring at her. She tried to changed the subject and yelled out "Where did Kayle go off to!?" which made everyone stirr. ((Yes.. where did he dissapear to??)) "He stalked off to the stream when you and Liv were fighting.." someone said.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 06:52
"He stalked off to the stream when you and Liv were fighting.."

It was Ramanth, and the entire Undead army surrounding the group.

"Hello again, and you too, little girl, how wonderful to see you again! Have you seen my army? Don't get grossed out by all the black stuff coming out of their mouths, it's just blood, that's all"
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 07:05
"Hello again, and you too, little girl, how wonderful to see you again! Have you seen my army? Don't get grossed out by all the black stuff coming out of their mouths, it's just blood, that's all"

"Well, its too late for that then" Livarie muttered and drew her sword. She slowly counted how many there were and stared at Ramanth. "You have immense spirit power, young one" she laughed, remembering his comment that they were teenagers. But I wonder if your spirit power can rival that of this company's.

She was trying to distract him from the fact Kayle was missing, but it wasn't working all that well. The dead surrounded from the back also, and she covered her mouth with her hand, trying not to get ill off their rancid scent. Decaying flesh, she sensed. And a tainted spirit within. She knew what they hungered for. Their master guided them from the longing they had to once again be of the living.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 12:07
Ramanth watched Livarie draw out her sword. He laughed, and then said
"Stupid girl...Look at you. Look at this army, see the difference? There's about a thousand of us, and only one of you. Plus your little friends..but that doesn't really make a difference. And after a period of about 3 days or so, you're still stuck in the same place. Having little disputes between who killed who....Pathetic"
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 12:40
Silivren got impatient as Ramanth spoke. "Oh for crying out loud! Get on with it!" she shouted, and drew her bow and arrow. Ramanth looked a bit shocked. "And there may be only a few of us, but at least we're smart and know what we're doing!!" she shouted again, and aimed the arrow at him.

"Surrender, or we shoot you!" she said as Liv also got ready to attack Ramanth. She was still sitting on the horse, and it didn't seem the least bit scared. She tried to look as if the smell didn't bother her, even though she couldn't bare it.

[Edited on 7/14/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 12:50
Livarie dismounted, feeling slightly sick from the awful smell. She still had her sword in her hand, and glared at Ramanth.
"You underestimate me and my powers, little man." she said in elvish, not even realizing this due to her ire.
"If only Crimson was here." Liv whispered to Silivren. She was distracted by Ramanth.

"Where is Kayle?" the man asked. Livarie laughed.
"Yeah. We're really going to tell you." Silivren said, raising her eyebrows with sarcasm and drawing the arrow back a bit further. Livarie shivered as she looked around at the people.
"Its not you I'm worried about... It's your army" Liv laughed, noting the satisfied look on his face.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 01:03
Ramanth widened his eyes, and laughed again

"Guard Aura!!"

A bright, transperent dome surrounded each Undead person with an illuminating glow.

"Now all these Undead are invulnerable! You can't attack them, or else, your blow will be struck right back at you!":evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

[Edited on 15/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 09:26
Ky drew on her power. "Dispel," she cried, unleashing onto the army. The auras around the most of the zombies flickered and died - but Ky rarely used her magic and Ramanth was strong; the ones closest to Ramanth retained the spell, protecting him in it as well. He smirked at her.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 04:27
ooc-Post embargo...:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Very refreshed from the nice soak in the stream, Kayle walked back toward the camp. As he towled off his hair, he chuckled at the antics of the two elves.
I have yet to see a time when the are not bickering over something.
Through the trees he was startled to see the silouetes of many people.
What is going on now?
Then he heard the voice.

"Now all these Undead are invulnerable! You can't attack them, or else, your blow will be struck right back at you!"

Instantly he recognized it.
Not again!
He tossed away the towel, and with his damp robe swirling around him, sprinted toward the clearing.

He arrived just as the rest of the Undead force closed around them. He glanced around the group, and said through their mental link,
Liv, what the hell is going on here?]
She answered without looking at him.
What does it look like? This jerk has come back, and this time he has friends.
By this time Ramanth had noticed his arrival.
"Well, well. What do we have here?" His gaze poised on Kayle.
"It seems the boy has decided to join the party. We were afraid we would have to start without you."
He chuckled, and the undead host laughed along with him, a sound closer to the scraping of a rusty axe than a laugh.
"You escaped me once, Regent. This time, you've run out of optioins."
He gestured to his minions.
"Kill them."
At once, the multitude of undead began shuffle towards them. Raising their weapons, the companions prepared to do battle.

Far away from the belagured group, a presence took notice of the battle. High above the world, something stirred from its endless vigil. A great being of light arose. It looked down to the conflict, and saw the tendrils of force trailing from the dark duke. He followed them, and they led him straight to the dark plane. Alarmed by what he saw, he summoned his fellows. Now alert to the threat, they turned their attention back to the battle raging below. These paragons of light could not be allowed to fall. They sent out a call, and one below heard and obeyed.

Back on earth, another being watched the precedings, with the same degree of alarm. This alarm, was not for the groups safety. Safe in his dark citadel, Saratar watched as Ramanth and his undead forces began to slowly overwhelm the companions. He could feel the stirrings on the astral plane. The fool Ramanth had alerted the blasted gods of light! This was supposed to be secret! His would not be pleased. When the idoit duke returned from the meddlesome mage, there would be a reckoning.

Zombie after zombie fell before the might of the group. The flashing brilliance of Kayle's staff bashed into the undead lines. Slowly, they were weakening. For each one that fell, another took its place. The circle continued to constrict, each step fortelling their doom. The rotting faces leered at them. Steel and magic dealt pain and destuction, but the soldiers felt no pain. One would lose a head, but the body would continue to fight on. It was only a matter of time before they were overwhelmed. Kayle looked into the face of one. The creature used to be a beautiful woman, but now the flesh hung loosly, the fine lips marred by crusted . He could barely manage to attack such a pitiful thing. Before he did, the ring of zombies was encompassed in nimbus of white light. Suddenly, the face smoothed, the torment ended. Released from the unholy bond, she slumped down, her spirit free to move on. All around him, the creatures fell were they stood. In a moment, only Ramanth still faced them. He glanced around, amazed, and frightened. Behind him stood a figure in all white, bearing a large hammer that shone with its own light.
"Those people have been freed from your control. Farriah has granted them their final rest. Now you shall pay for what you have done."
No longer under attack, the companions advanced on the Duke. Caught between the holy warrior and the angry companions, Ramanth frantically searched for a way out.
"There is no where to run, you evil thing. You are helpless. You shall now know the wrath of a goddess."
The figure advanced toward him. Suddenly the sky darkened and a chill wind gusted through the trees. A disc of jet black energy formed behind Ramanth. He sighed with relief.
"You will pay for this, Regent." With a last fearful glance at the white robed figure, he disappered through the portal. Suddenly very fatigued, Kayle limped over the cleric.
"I cannot begin to thank you for your help. May I ask your name?"
The figure reached up, and threw back the hood. Kayle rocked back in surprise. A cute smile and a splash of bright red hair greated him. She winked at him.
"Hi, Kayle. Miss me?
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 05:35
Livarie sat still near her horse, her eyes following the zombies buzzing around. "Am I supposed to be doing something?" she wondered, shrugging and parrying a blow from one of the excessively stupid dead. She gave it a grin and looked around before speaking the spell of final death into it. The corpse dropped to the ground, and Liv moved to the next one.

"Well, we're done here" Silivren said as all of the people died. Livarie laughed and mounted her horse again, idly fooling with the stirrup. It was getting on her nerves. Silivren looked over at her and nudged her arm. "Stop it, will you?" Livarie slowly slid off the saddle, landing in a heap near her horse. She looked around for the rest of the company and walked up to Kylinen.

"Okay, I want to learn how to do that 'aura' thing... Not now, I mean, I am congratulating you" she said, clapping a hand to her shoulder. She then looked to Isila and Taran and Jahn. They seemed unharmed, so she looked over to Kayle and the cleric. Forced to be respectful under how she was taught, she trudged up and bowed low.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 06:06
Gratio and Draikren finally arrived at Middiar, but the entire city was a ghost town...

"What happened to this place? I thought you said Ramanth used his aura magic to rejuvinate everything...shouldn't there be people walking around the streets?" Draikren said with a confused look

"I dunno...Let's just continue on..okay?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramanth went through the dark portal and finally landed his feet on a desert of black sand. Suddenly, a dark figure nested on a throne appeared out of nowhere. Ramanth wasn't surprised at all, he just let the sand crunch under his feet until he got about a foot apart from the figure.

"Milord" Ramanth gave a quick bow "I am very soprry"

"Sorry? Tch. Now the Gods of Light know of our plots! You can't just say you're sorry"

The throned person raised a hand, then black vines shot out of the middle of it as they coiled around Ramanth's chest, the grip hardening every second

"And using undead warriors! Pfeh...If you wanted strong reinforcements..you could've asked me...I could've given you Supremes..,"

"Yes.." The vines uncoiled themselves and returned to the figure's palm, and Ramatnh continued "Master..would it be alright if..I loaned some of your powers?"

"Loan?"

"Yes...Like..I could learn your spells...and I could--"

"Impossible! I know what you'll do with that power..."

"I see...I was just asking..." Ramanth bowed his head down "But No is not an answer..." The duke raised his head up again, this time, with an evil, toothy grin and dark eyes. Then, out of the sand, popped out some Undead warriors

"Spell-Null Aura!!" A green dome surrounded everyone ut the throned person

"Wh-hat are you doing Ramanth? I said No!"
Ramanth ignored him, and gestured his troops to attack the figure

"Ramanth I could easily kill all of these, you know..."

"Yes..but not with any spell....and you cannot dispel this aura..."

All the undead drew out their weapons..and stoke at the figure..
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 07:53
ooc-the cleric killed most of the undead. You know, divine magic and such.

Kayle rocked back on his heels.
It's not possible....
"Glenia? Is that you?"
She grinned again.
"Of course it's me, silly. Who else?"
He couldn't belive it.
"But... you're ! I watched them kill you!"
"Now, now. That's no way to talk to your fiance."
Before he could protest, she grabbed and kissed him passionatly. Behind them Livarie almost fell off her horse in shock. Recovering, Livaire blurted,
"Who are you, and what are you doing with my boyfriend?"
Now the - was as shocked as Liv.
"Kayle, who is this ? Surely you can't be with her."
Glenia turned to the irrate elf.
"If you must know, my name is Glenia Meynolt, and Kayle and I are engaged to be married."
Both ladies turned angry glares at Kayle.
"I can explian," He said weakly.

ooc-sry, have to go. will post again after dinner.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 09:01
ooc- HAHA! Culin's gonna have a cow when she sees this!! *rolls on the floor with laughter*

Silivren almost fell off her horse too when she heard that Kayle was engaged to someone else. She burst out with laughter at the sight of Livarie's face, and had to hold on to the saddle to keep from falling off."What!?" she said and Thalion (her horse, yes, he does have a name.. don't get me started on the horses again.. you know how that went in the ooc ) stirred.

-"I can explain" he said weakly.-

Silivren dismounted and put her face right infront of Glenia's and stared at her. "Now, you can't tell me that BOTH of you like him?" she said in disbelief and winked at Kayle. "Go ahead.. explain.." she said and got back on her horse.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 09:22
Wheee! I love Tuesdays! Can't wait till 5 Sil!

Livarie sighed, looking over at Glenia.
"So, Tart, you were dead, huh? I don't sense anything dead about you"-she looked at Kayle-"Unless someone has more explaining to do than he thought." She nudged Lithfin's side to make him sit down and dismounted, turning away and leaning on him. She looked up at the sky.

"Whatever I did to deserve this... wait.. I did nothing to deserve this!" she whispered. She looked over at Sil.
"Do you sense anything dead about her?" she asked.
"Nope. Not a thing" Silivren laughed.
"I hate that I must respect the Clerics. Just because I am a necromancer" she sighed. "I have the sudden urge to kill someone"

[Edited on 15/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 12:56
They stared expectanly at Kayle. He cleared his throat.
"Um... well. Okay, you know that my father was the Duke. As often happens with the children of royalty, I was not allowed the luxury of love. From an early age, it was decided that I would marry the daughter of Yulai Meynolt, in an effort to make peace between waring factions in Tiadravor. In my teens, I got to know Glenia. While I did not love her, she did become my friend, and I decided that I could learn to love her." He sighed.
"Then the attack came. As my family and I fled for the palace, we tried to find her, and lead her to safety. We found her, alright. A group of thugs had cornered her in a alley. We watched her fall. We slew her attackers, but it was too late. I would have gone to her, but more enemies came up and we were forced to flee. I never saw her again."
He looked at the girl.
"Gleny, how did you survive? We saw you die."
She lost her cheerful expression.
"I was close. I lay in the alley, dieing. You know I had never had much faith in the gods. Well, as I lay there, I said a prayer to Farriah. If she would get me out of that alive, I would pledge my life as a cleric. Well, she answered, and one of the few city guard left found me and together we escaped the city. I thought you died with the rest of your family."
She took his hand.
"I did and do love you, Kayle. It tore my heart out to think you were dead. I was overjoyed when the Good Lady sent me to you. Now we shall not be separated again."
The distressed mage glanced frantically between the two women. Exausted from the battle and bewildered by Glenia's sudden reappearance, he fainted.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 02:38
ooc-*moves ahead in time a bit* we are now in a small town...not worth destroying, so don't do anything to it, okies, tas? this is an important part of the MASTER PLAN, so no one is allowed to screw anything up.

p.s. it's nighttime, and by a strange twist of fate, isila is in a single-person room.

Isila lay in her bed wondering what Kayle was going to do about Glenia and Liv. It was past midnight, yet she could not sleep. Someone outside the small inn was strumming a guitar and singing softly. Isila could not hear the words, but the tune sounded familiar. She turned over, hoping to drift into sleep.

She was almost completely unconscious when there was a thud at the window. Isila paid it no mind, figuring it was just a drunk. There was another thud, and Isila realized that someone was throwing rocks at her room. She rolled her eyes and got out of bed. Lighting a candle, she pulled a blanket over her nightgown, and walked toward the window.

Isila peered out into the darkness, looking for the culprit. A man was lurking in the shadows of a nearby doorframe, strumming the guitar she had heard earlier. "Oy! Sir!" she called. "Have you seen anyone throwing stones at my window?"

The man slowly stepped out of the shadows. "And if I have?" he called back in a muffled voice.

"Who was it?"

"Twas I," he replied. He had finally stepped completely out of the shadows. Isila nearly dropped her candle.

"Jahn! You! You! What do you think you're doing, throwing rocks at my window?"

"I wanted to talk to you!" he called back. "It's important!"

"Couldn't it wait until dawn?" Isila asked.

"No, it couldn't, Isila." Jahn was speaking barely above a whisper. "I wanted to speak to you alone. Will you come down and walk with me?"

Isila sighed. "One moment." She turned from the window, drew the curtains, and found her breeches and tunic. She blew out the candle and made her way down the stairs to the tavern. She stepped outside, where she was immediately accosted by Jahn.

"You wanted to talk?" she asked.

ooc (again)-don't change the time if you post...i want to keep it nighttime, okies?
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 02:43
Silivren watched as Glenia talked about the past. (not paste by the way..) "Wait a minute... You're engaged, even though he doesn't like you!? THAT IS MAD!!" she yelled, almost falling off her horse again. She combed her hair with her fingers and watched in amusement as Kayle fainted. Nobody seemed to care, not even Glenia.

Siivren quickly dismounted her horse and ran over to him. She tried to pick him up by the shoulders, but he was way to heavy for her to pick up. "Um.. a little help here please?" she said to Livarie who had crossed her arms. It didn't seem like she was going to help so she turned to the others. "PLlleeeasaasee!!! I might.. drop him or something! Geez man, what do you eat!?" she said, and murmered the last part to herself.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 02:44
Silivren watched as Glenia talked about the past. (not paste by the way..) "Wait a minute... You're engaged, even though he doesn't like you!? THAT IS MAD!!" she yelled, almost falling off her horse again. She combed her hair with her fingers and watched in amusement as Kayle fainted. Nobody seemed to care, not even Glenia.

Siivren quickly dismounted her horse and ran over to him. She tried to pick him up by the shoulders, but he was way to heavy for her to pick up. "Um.. a little help here please?" she said to Livarie who had crossed her arms. It didn't seem like she was going to help so she turned to the others. "PLlleeeasaasee!!! I might.. drop him or something! Geez man, what do you eat!?" she said, and murmered the last part to herself.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 03:04
(Ignore Sil's extra post... She's being Sil-ly! GET IT?! HAHAHHAHA! *snort* HAHAHHA!)

Livarie and Sil... (and Ky, and Taran AND Glenia) had gotten their room again and Liv was sitting in the windowsill, looking at the town below. She sighed, and looked over slyly at the cleric that scooted over to her. Livarie poised her hand over her jewel, getting ready to seriously hurt the girl if she did not go away. (It has 'powers'. *evil,evil laughter*) She heard Silivren's voice and looked to the street below.

"Can someone help me, please?" she asked. Livarie rolled her eyes and glared at the cleric before hopping down to the floor outside the window and looked around for her friend.
"Sil?" she asked. Sil mumbled a few cursewords.
"I'm right here!" she heard a shout. Liv rounded a corner and bumped into Kayle. She screamed. He looked... dead!

"Oh, he's not dead" Livarie repeated over and over, catching her breath. Silivren poked her head out from around the mage. "Hello? If you are awake, please help me!" Sil demanded. Livarie sighed, grabbing Kayle's wrist and tugging the two. They found his room and Livarie stalked away. She found the room, and then turned right back around when Glenia was blocking the doorway.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 04:28
"Aye, I did." Jahn looked at her and then glanced at the inn, where the other women were arguing(?). "Let's go somewhere else, alright?" Isila nodded and took Jahn's arm.

They walked a ways down toward the outskirts of the small town. It was a clear night: the stars were out and the moon was full. Jahn was still strumming the guitar, and Isila hummed along with the tune~which she now realized was their love song ((for explanation, read my first posts..p. 3?)).

"Where did you get the guitar from, my love?" Isila asked the Weren.

"Hm? Oh, I traded the bartender my pipe for it," he replied. Isila laughed, clear and beautiful.

"Paid him for it, more like it. And probably too much...you never were able to strike a good bargain." Jahn laughed as well, his was more like a bark. Isila changed subjects. "You did have a purpose in dragging me out here, didn't you?"

They had arrived at a small stream just outside the town. "Sit, my lovely lady," said Jahn. Isila sat on a stone bench. "I have asked you to join me on this beautiful night for one reason. That reason is: I love you. I have since the day we met." He knelt in front of her and pulled a small wooden box out of his pocket. "Isila, I have waited so long to do this. Wi-will you marry me?"

Isila gasped. "Oh, Jahn, I don't know what to say! I mean, I mean yes, of course, it's just that, I wasn't expecting it at all!"

Jahn looked somewhat relieved. "We don't have to get married right away, but I wanted to give you this ring before we got into any more trouble." He opened the box to reveal a silver ring with a dark blue gem entwined in silver leaves. He removed it from the box and slid it onto Isila's ring finger. "I will always love you, no matter what." With that, he kissed her and stood.

"Shall we return?" asked Jahn.

"Let's not go straight back. It is too beautiful to stay in a tavern all night." The lovers wandered through the streets, just enjoying being with each other. They returned to the tavern near four.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 04:45
ooc- Awww!! That is sooo moving!! *cries her heart out while Culin gets drowned in the tears... she could hear a few gurlgling noises, but shrugges and goes on with the post*

Silivren and Livare got done dragging Kayle to his room. Silivren plopped down on the floor and sat there for a while, catching her breath since he was too heavy for her to carry in the first place.

(Um.. no offense or anything... they're elves and im not very strong when it comes to CARRYING FULL GROWN MAGES AROUND WHEN THEY'VE FAINTED! Ahem..)

After a while of sitting on the floor, she decided to go and see what Liv was up to. She walked out of Kaye's room, and almost ran into her. Liv looked pissed. "What's wrong with you?" Sil asked. "That tart doesn't know the meaning of personal space.." Liv mumbled, and Silivren chuckled.

Sil put on a reassuring smile. "Do not worry mellon nin !" she said. Livarie looked confused. "Nevermind.." Sil chuckled. Far off she could see Jahn and Isila walking, and a sudden longing for Durin overcame her. She bit back tears and turned around so that Livarie could not see her face.

(*While posting, a big, furry gorilla hand comes and grabs hers away... well, guess the post is done for now... )
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 04:53
"Uhhhh..."
Kayle groaned loudly as he tried to sit up. As the room started to spin, he gave up and sank back down on the bed.
What happened?
He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the pounding in his skull. Laying there, the memories came flooding back. Shortly after Glenia's rescue, the group packed up, and, new member in tow, traveled on. After about a day of hard travel they came to a small inn named the Drunken Bard. The trip there had been terrible. The conflicts between Livarie and Glenia had been almost constant. On one hand you had the elf maid. Ever since Glenia had shown up, Liv had been in a furious sulk. If looks could kill, the cleric would have been dead six times over. Also, she had taken to fingering the amulet she wore; why Kayle didn't know.(She's a cleric, L~C. A necro couldn't kill her.) She was almost as angry at Kayle. The whole time she barely said a word to him. And on the other hand you had Glenia. She was equally furious at Livarie. She wanted to know why on earth Kayle would go out some elven hussy, (I'm sorry, please don't hurt me...) and when he would get around to dumping her. When they finally reached the inn, Kayle was to point of doing anything, anything, to get those two to shut up. After the rest of the group had gone to their rooms for the night, he had stayed at the bar and drowned his sorrows in dwarven ale. LOTS of dwarven ale. Practically everyone they met was out to kill him, a Dark Lord was trying to take over the world, and now Glenia had come back from the dead to mess things up.
What did I do to deserve this?
He couldn't remember much of what happened after that. The only memories he had consisted of a very irrate Livarie dragging his drunken form back to his room and shoving him in. Somehow he had managed to crawl to the bed, and then blacked out. Opening his eyes, he again tried to sit up. A sudden surge of nausea convinced him to give up on that. He decided that consiousnous was all that it was cracked up to be, and went back to sleep.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 05:56
(hurt you? Lol. Never! )
Livarie sat up, glaring around the room. Plagued by insomnia, her ears had begun to play tricks on her. I could have sworn I heard something she thought. Everything was deathly still in the room, and all of the others were asleep. She looked over Silivren, and smiled when she finally caught the elf carrying around her teddy bear. Silivren was chewing on its foot, making a slight slurping sound.

Livarie hid her laughter under her hand as she looked on to the others. Kylinen was curled up with Thryn, and Taran was asleep by the door. Glenia was asleep near the closet. Surprisingly, a hint of sadness for Glenia came over her. Liv had been into death quite a few times before, but never had to give up anything to find a way back. Her family always had a nack for escaping it, but Glenia had to give up free will.

Liv pulled on her vest over the gray shirt she always wore (for it was given a spell of strength, so it fit like cloth, but was tough and heavy) and then strapped the quiver to her back. When she was finished, she stood up cautiously and opened the door, careful not to wake the cleric that slept beside it. Once in the hallway, she slipped downstairs and into the pub area.

She found herself a corner, and began to look over her maps. Tracing the route with a quill pen, she wondered how long it would be till the anticipated encounter with Saratar. She couldn’t have done this in the room because she would have woken up someone, and the feuds would start all over again. Liv wasn’t too keen on fighting anymore. Perhaps she should just shut her mouth and take it.

She nodded slowly to herself and glared at the people walking by the table. two men she observed. nothing I can’t handle She emptied the pen and sat it back down on the table, rolling up the maps. “Ay, look! We have ourselves an Elf!” she heard the remark from beside her.

“I wonder where she came from? Not every day do we get the Fair Folk in this town” the other one said, this time from her right side. Livarie scanned her memory for a muting spell, but she was an idiot when it came to complex spells. She could never draw the marks together in her mind. She instead stood up and shoved past the smaller of the two, and he grabbed her shoulder.

“Touch me again…” Liv dared them, growing angry again. “You have no idea who you are up against.” They didn’t like what Liv was saying. “I think I have an idea of who you are” one of them said. “You are Livarie Lhyrehal… the daughter of Therenaleire, the Elf Witch that was killed by the townsfolk. Your brother was also killed at our hands.”

Livarie shuddered violently. “How do you know?” she hissed. The larger of the two chuckled. “You resemble her. And, we have some information about you” The Elf had enough. She touched the tip of the jewel and spoke quietly, and they fell dead. Liv removed her hand from the jewel, fearing it would trick her into death like it always tried to, and stared at the corpses.

She recognized them remotely, but did not think that there was any way possible that normal humans could live as long as she. Carefully stooping over, she made them disappear before heading back upstairs. Livarie slipped into the room quietly to see the sun rise through the window.

She laughed nervously.
“Good morning!” she said. Glenia scowled. “Well, you sound chipper. What’s going on?” Livarie narrowed her eyes. “Why? You have something to be afraid of?” she laughed. She looked to Silivren and pulled her up. “Come on! Let’s get going! …What happened to Isila?” she mumbled curiously.

[Edited on 17/7/2003 by Lady~Culin]

[Edited on 17/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 02:45
As the sun's rays peaked through the window, Glenia Meynolt stirred from her restless sleep. Sitting up, she streched, and the room resounded with the sound of popping joints. She sighed, and tried desperatly to stop the memories that came flooding back. When the Good Lady had called, she had been so happy. She would get to see Kayle again! She played through her mind images of dashing to the rescue, saving the day, and falling into Kayle's strong embrace. They would be reunited at last! Then everything had gone wrong. She had come to the rescue, alright. To her horror, she discoved that he had found another woman. He was in love with someone else! Everyone in that group of his treated her as some kind of annoyance, a burden. Nothing was going the way it was supposed to. Straightening he robe, she stood. She walked to the window, careful not to step on Taran or the fox. She stared out at the little villiage as it went about the day. Around her, the rest of the companions began to stir. A few noticed the cleric, but they paid her no mind. No one saw the wet streaks that silently slid down her face.
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email