Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Mage's Quest (KEEP)
on: July 17, 2003 03:56
ooc-the mage and the weren have decided to come back to planet earth...lol....

"…What happened to Isila?” she mumbled curiously.

The rest of company heard singing from the streets below. It was Isila, singing as she had not since she last left the Weren. Never before had she been given a reason for such happiness, but today was the most beautiful day in time. Nothing could go wrong.

The couple had parted ways earlier that night; Jahn was tired and needed sleep. But Isila could not sleep...she had wandered the streets a thousand times over, singing and laughing with joy. ((will finish later))
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 04:29
ooc- Slurping while chewing on a teddy bear foot!? Hehehe.. much like you did with the cow.. *cough* *cough*

She looked to Silivren and pulled her up. “Come on! Let’s get going! …What happened to Isila?” she mumbled curiously.

Silivren stood up and rubbed her eyes. She then realized that she had Mr. Fuzzles (yeah yeah.. the bear) in her hand and quickly put him behind her back, but Livarie had already seen it. Silivren blushed as Livarie was about to say something, but then luckily they could hear Isila singing below.

She walked to the window and looked out. "Isilaaa!!" she shouted, but she was too happy and busy singing that she didn't hear her. Silivren turned around and saw that Livarie was hugging Mr. Fuzzles and grabbed him out of her hands. (Just.had..to..get..you..back.. couldn't resist mateys!)

Silivren turned to the other window, and saw Glenia standing there. She did feel sorry for her.. coming all this way just to find that Kayle was inlove with someone else. Shrugging she quietly inched her way to her side, and smiled at the cleric. "Good morning," she said cheerilly, ignoring the tears (?).

[Edited on 17/7/2003 by Gilraen]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 05:28
ooc-if you want to know the real reason why i am so happy (isila's mood reflects my own), it's cuz of a certain movie with a certain pirate who is not aka orlando bloom.

Isila finally drifted into the tavern as the rest of the company was getting dressed. She still seemed to be in a dream world, but why, no one except Jahn knew. And Isila paid no attention to the others...she just sang and sang and sang......
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 08:28
((Ooo! Good movie! Orli was not too hot in that one tho... he looks better with the ears))

Livarie leaned over and opened the window, and then turned, walking out the door. She was going to find someone to talk to. Strolling down the stairs, she called out a good morning to everyone downstairs. Livarie didn't expect a reply back, but there was a person sitting at the counter dressed in crimson robes.

"Morning, Liv" she said in her raspy voice. The Elf did a doubletake and realized it was Crimson! She squealed and hugged her old friend. "What are you doing here?" she asked. Crimson tapped her fingers on the table and made sure no one was watching. "You and Silivren forgot this" she said, handing Liv a bag. She wondered what Crimson was talking about, and peered in. One black leather bandoleir and one of light grey. On each bandoleir there were seven bells, ranging from the smallest, Ranna, to the largest, Astarael.

Livarie looked in shock at Crimson. "I cannot use the bells" she whispered, slightly ashamed. Crimson laughed. "Of course you can... you and Silivren were the best students I ever taught." Silivren suddenly skidded down the stairs and knocked into Liv, sending both of them flying across the room. Crimson laughed.
"You haven't changed a bit..." she said. "Except for I sense that you have mastered your skills."

Livarie sighed and sat down beside her. "I had to kill two men last night." she admitted. Crimson shook her head.
"Well, they're not dead... yet" she laughed. "You just sent them to me" Liv paled and looked at her jewel.

"Perhaps I used the wrong spell?" she asked. Crimson shook her head. "No, Lhyrehal, you can only kill if you use the bells" The Elf trembled. "But, Crimson, no one in our group knows that I am... a necromancer except for Sil, and she is one of the lighter variety." Liv mumbled. A sharp pain hit her. Crimson had whacked her with her staff. Livarie rubbed her head. "What did I do?" she asked.

"You hid who you are! What if they suddenly found out and realized they could not trust you?!" Crimson shouted, her eyes glowing red. "It would be just like what happened to your mother!" Livarie grimaced, clutching her heart. Crimson had never yelled at her before. "I know..." she whispered, barely audible. Crimson sat back down, her eyes turning their normal color of honey.

"Put on your bells" she commanded. Livarie carefully buckled them across her chest. They weighed a ton! Her breaths seemed shortened under the heavy strap. Crimson smiled.
"The bells... may I remind you, have a mind of their own." she said. She ran her finger over the ebony handles and said their names out loud starting at the smallest bell.
"Ranna, Mosrael, Kibeth, Dyrim, Belgaer, Saraneth..." she paused before she reached the last one, which was as large as a drinking goblet. "Astarael" she said at last. "Never use the last bell unless all else fails. Even one ring, and both you and your victim will be cast deep into death"

Liv looked rather pained as Crimson stood up and took her leave, walking out of the inn. She looked after the sorceress and then stared down at her bells.
"Ooo, Kayle is going to kill us!" Silivren said with a sigh.
"Yes, I know." Livarie said, toying with the buckle again. It wouldn't come loose! "Sil... why won't it come undone?!" she said worriedly. As an elf, she was deathly scared of the bells and didn't want anything to do with them.

"I'm sorry Liv" Sil said. "Crimson must have put a spell of binding on it" Livarie shuddered.

((Heh! I love Garth Nix's books!))
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 12:41
The sunny streets were quiet, with civilians strolling along the corners. Suddenly, Ramanth appeared in a puff of evanescent smoke, with no Undead minions lurking by him.

He didn't seem too ordinary than usual...He had little chunks of bone growing out of his forehead, and his hair turned whiter. Miniscule fangs popped out of the corners of his mouth, and bloodshot red eyes twitched without stopping.

He looked around him, seeing small cottages and well kept hovels. To his right, was a building with a large sign above the entrance: The Drunken Bard

"The boy is in there, and the little girl as well..." He mumbled to himself. He unhesitantly walked into the tavern and saw a woman drinking out of a glass mug...

Quickly, he walked up to her and grabbed her by the wrist. Finally dropping her on the streets outside of the tavern, he stared at the woman with cold, slitted eyes...

"Hello, Master Crimson"

"Wha...Morus is that you? What are you doing here?"

"Why..to say hello to my old teacher of course...I wouldn't be a necromancer if it weren't for you..."

"Yea..but...you could have given me a warmer welcome than to throw me on the street.." She wipped off some dust on her robe and got up "Now if you'll excuse me I have to ta--"

"Not so fast Master...Don't you want to talk to me a little more?"

"Sorry Morus, but I must go, some of my other students are here and I must talk..."

"No..you don't...You can do some pointless chit-chat with some of your girlfriends...but I have an offer you cannot refuse, Master Crimson..."

OOC-Fine, no more Adepts stuff, k? I guess it's kinda confusing and it might be pointless
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 02:30
(( Yes.. me too!!! It draws you in.. oh the Magic! lol))

Silivren put on the bells and sighed. Does the walker choose the path or does the path choose the walker? came into her mind as she touched the bells. She looked up and saw that Crimson had already dissapeared and she didn't even have time to thank her for bringing the bells!

"Sil... why won't it come undone?!" she said worriedly. As an elf, she was deathly scared of the bells and didn't want anything to do with them.

"I'm sorry Liv" Sil said. "Crimson must have put a spell of binding on it" Livarie shuddered. Sil touched the jewel hanging around her neck and shuddered.

Silivren suddenly became alert and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. "I can sense something.. or someone.." she said and sniffed the air. "Smells like the undead, but I can't sense any..." Livarie nodded. Sil ran to the end of the hall and poked her head around the corner and into the street.

Surely enough, there was Ramanth, and he was talking to Crimson. "No..you don't...You can do some pointless chit-chat with some of your girlfriends...but I have an offer you cannot refuse, Master Crimson..." Ramanth was saying.

Silivren jerked her head back around and ran to Liv, grabbed her hand, and ran to Kayle's room. Silivren came in the door first, and he jumped as they fell on the floor, breathing hard. "What the-?" he started, but Sil and Liv was already up and Silivren put her finger to her lips.

"Shh.." she whispered, and looked out the door. There was no sign of Ramanth. "Come on! We need to get to our room!" she said, grabbed Liv's hand, who grabbed his hand, and they ran down the hall to their room.

They barged in, and Sil almost ran into Isila, but swerved and missed in time. She threw Kayle across the room, along with Liv. "Listen.. no time to explain.." she said, trying to catch her breath. "But.. RAMANTH IS HERE!" she yelled, but caught herself just in time.

"Where?" she heard someone ask. "Outside.. talking.. to-" she said, but cought Liv's glance and shut her mouth.

[Edited on 7/18/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 04:19
Livarie held her breath and pressed her back to the wall. The deadweight of the bells smothered her until she felt faint, but she peered around the door to see. She shook her head sadly at what she heard and brushed her hair out of her eyes.

“No Crimson… you don’t know what you are getting yourself into” she mumbled. The sorceress looked interested in Ramanth’s offer, and Liv didn’t know if she would take or thwart him. She frankly didn’t have enough strength to care anymore, for she felt her vision dulling. She felt Silivren’s hand on her arm and instantly felt better.

Her glance turned to Kayle. “Eh… I guess I have a lot of explaining to do…” she said quietly, and then looked back out at Crimson and Ramanth. Nothing seemed to be going right. She pricked up her ears until she could hear their conversation.

Surprised by the rough greeting, Crimson rubbed her wrists and stared at the man. “Well, you have matured since I saw you last.” She said with a curious glimmer beneath narrowed ruby eyes. “Matured a little too much to be expected.” She noted his white hair and fangs.

Ramanth, she could tell, was uncomfortable under her piercing glare. But, Crimson was curious as to what the offer was. “Speak… your offer may be valuable.” She ordered. “Just don’t turn me into one of them” She nodded her head in the direction of the servants that were following him.

Undead servants. She secretly hoped Silivren and Livarie weren’t watching. Even as mysterious as her personality was, she knew the girls would not expect her to betray them.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 04:57
"Well Master Crimson..." Ramanth spoke nervously, with Crimson glaring at her with the small eyes "it's quite simple actually...All you do is give me the bells...or Silivren and Livarie die.."

"But..they're my best students...they can surely kill you! You're only third best.."

"Oh..no no....I've gotten much stronger over the past years...I've gotten more powers..from more superior idols...See?"

He raised his palm in the air...and bolts of lightning sprung out of it, electricuting some nearby merchants...a second later...they collapsed to the street

"Now can Livarie and Silivren do that? Or can they raise thousands of Undead?"

"Well...I guess not..but if you want the bells..why can't you confiscate them from Livarie yourself?" Crimson said in a tone of confusion

"Because...There;s more to the deal! You also have to pledge your services to Nerijin..or else you and the other two die" Ramanth's lip curled into an evil, toothy grin

"I told you...I don't want to be an Undead minion.."

"Well..serving Nerijin doesn't necessarily mean you turn into an Undead minion..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gratio and Draikren arrived at a street corner, Big buildings and small bazaars here and there. A tavern named The Drunken Bard...and Ramanth talking to an elf...

"Hide!!" Gratio whispered to Draikren as loud as he could. The two dismoutned their horses and hid in a samll bush, overhearing Ramanth's conversation..

"Well...I guess not..but if you want the bells..why can't you confiscate them from Livarie yourself?" The woman said in a tone of confusion

"Because...There;s more to the deal! You also have to pledge your services to Nerijin..or else you and the other two die" Ramanth's lip curled into an evil, toothy grin

What is he doing? And what are the bells? Gratio thought
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 05:24
Draikren ducked and read Gratio's mind. "The bells.." he began. "Are what necromancers use.. to kill people. My sister is one of them.." he whispered. "I'm not really sure of what their full power is.. but I know that they are very strong.. Those bells can kill you.." he said again.

Silivren sank to the floor. She could see that Livarie was having some trouble, so she put her hand on her shoulder(or arm..) and it made her feel better. She could also hear the conversation between Crimson and Ramanth, and it didn't seem to go very well.

She looked out the window, and saw Draikren and Gratio groutching behind a bush. She gasped and almost fell out, but caught herself just in time. My.. my brother is out there! I thought I had gotten rid of him! she thought and looked outside again. She rubbed her eyes, but she could still see him, looking as annoying as ever.

[Edited on 7/18/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 05:29
Crimson's eyes flashed red. Although a human, she was powerful and wise, but didn't know if she could handle the death of Silivren and Livarie. Just for the bells. She sighed and raised her hands in defeat. "Alright. Where is Nerijin?" she asked. "you have my allegance on the agreement that Sil and Liv will not be harmed"

Livarie sat silently with her eyes closed while listening to the two. She grew angry and whispered to Silivren.
"They cannot take mine..." she whispered, trying to tug loose the strap. "It is an unbroken spell." she sighed. "Not even Crimson could reverse it."
She gulped. "Eh... would that mean they would have to take me?" she asked.

[Edited on 19/7/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 04:35
(*ooc!* Before I forget, I drew a picture for the seven bells and how they are worn. If your curious, you might want to check out this link!)

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Journal&file=index&jop=browse&mode=view&id=9042
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2003 03:37
"But.. RAMANTH IS HERE!"

Kayle sighed in annoyance.
This guy needs to get a hobby.
At that moment Glenia came rushing into the room, flushed from the run.
"Kayle, something is terribly wrong! Some great force approaches."
He nodded.
"Our old friend has return..."
Suddenly he stopped. Somewhere in the room, he could sense the stink of dark magic. He followed the stench, and his gaze fell upon the bells crossing Liv's chest.
"What are those?"
She looked nervous.
“Eh… I guess I have a lot of explaining to do…"
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2003 04:20
((Tas is going away for the week… he wanted me to tell you guys!))

Livarie trembled and pressed further to the wall, snatching the teddy from Sil. ( Couldn’t resist!) She refused to even glance at Kayle, and only spoke because she thought he deserved an explanation for the dark magic he sensed.

“I don’t exactly know how to put this.” She began, digesting the question carefully while playing with the bear’s ear. “I’m not really sure what they are to an extent, but I know what they do. They are the seven bells designed to keep the boundary between Life and Death clear.”

Livarie shuddered as she felt one of the bells ring to its own accord, but too muffled to do any harm. “However, if they get the chance, they will speak with their own voice, and kill the wielder” she said. “That is why they are worn in a bandoleer with leather tongues to still the clapper.”

She felt guilty for hiding the secret for so long. “Sil keeps the living living until their time is up, and I keep the dead or dying dead.” Silivren laughed and jabbed her elbow into Liv’s side, taking the bear. Livarie ignored the other elf and finally looked up at Kayle. “The magic these bells use may be Free Magic (no limits or rules) but, they are not evil.” She said.

“The bells determine whether they are good or evil by their master’s heart. And unless you think I’m evil…” she squinted. “then they are not. You know I do not like to kill anyone for any reason, but keeping the dead in their rightful place is not against my morals. Besides, certain spells can disable them for a time” she said, knowing that Kayle was familiar with the spells.

She turned back to the window and realized that Crimson and Ramanth were gone. Liv held back a sob and went back downstairs now that the danger passed. She sat down in a corner mournfully, and sighed, resting her head on her hands. “Ai Crimson” she whispered, shaking her head slowly.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 03:17
((Eheheh.. I'm not gonna be here either.. grr.. stupid camp. lol j/k!))

Silivren took Mr. Fuzzle away from Liv and listened to her explain about the bells. She nodded a couple of times, with the occasional "Yes.." and "Yup." She then ran after Liv who ran downstairs when she sensed that Ramanth and Crimson had gone. After all, she didn't want to face Kayle... He might faint on her or something.. (Nooo offense..) .

((Okay well, Liv, please keep my character going.. Don't care what she does.. *cough* *cough* Just better be something.. constructive? I don't know.. just keep her busy..))

[Edited on 20/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 04:55
Hey! I'll be posting every now and then, so I won't be completely gone...

Ramanth and Crimson teleported only a few miles from the tavern, and were in a large valley of parched grass.

"So..Morus..is Nerijin here?" Crimson asked

"No, no...You don' really have to have Nerijin in the vicinity to pledge your allegdiance to him.." Ramanth finished talking, and raised his hand, and gave the choke. Her hair turned from red to black, and her eyes turned white, with black smoke puffing \out the corner of her eyelids...

In a voice of annoyance, Crimson said "I thought you said I wouldn't be Undead!"

"You're not undead...your just something different...otherwise you'd have black blood spilling out of your mouth...Now..the bells?"
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 05:42
(*sniffle!* Bye Silivren!)

Crimson touched her face like it was fragile glass and glared at Ramanth, the red glow still in her eyes. "Even if I'm not dead, I don't like the way this looks. I have a reputation, you know" she said, waving her hand in front of her face and turning back to her normal self. (She has brown hair, by the way) She had half a notion to hurt Morus, but decided to play along so that Silivren and Liv wouldn't be harmed.

Taran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 07:26
ooc ~ oh my sooooooo many posts and plot changes.... isila? you're engaged? 'bout time......poor me, must read bunches of posts.....unless someone wants to explain what has happened on page 14...............poor me.....all these (undead) plot changes make me all CONFUZZLED!!!!!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 12:01
ooc-*uses jedi mind trickses* taran, don't worry about anything except the engagement. you should just ask isila why she's so happy (even though you know the real reason )
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 05:55
Yeah Taran, it's of no significance, just Kayle meeting his to-be-wed girlfriend and Ramanth taking Crimson (Sil, Liv, and Ramanth's necromancy teacher). Oh, Gratio and Draikren are about to meet the group

"I think you've misunderstood, Master...The bells?" Ramanth held out his hand, palm up

Crimson didn't answer

"You know...You still serve Nerijin, even though you look human"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gratio signalled Draikren to drop their cover from the bushes, since the coast was clear

Draikren looked up at the window (balcony?)
"Silivren! my sister! we have to go!"

"No" Gratio said we have to wait.."
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 06:35

(Yawn. Bored. Hiper and bored. Bad mix. Can someone other than me and tas post please? I'm beginning to feel like I'm typing to a brick wall. Hmm. I wonder if I can beat the brick wall in a staring contest. Ah wel! I'm bored enough to try!)

Crimson laughed, apparently aware of something Ramanth was not. "Well, the bells have a mind of their own, and they have accepted their masters. The reason why I did not have the blacksmith to craft bells for you is because I Saw you corrupted by their power" She smirked evilly.

"The bells cannot be removed now, so you'll either have to find some for yourself or take the girls hostage... but that would never happen, as they would not serve you. And, if you did capture them, they would use the bells to harm you" She began to reflect upon all of the things she taught him about control.

Liv was downstairs in the tavern, pouting and beginning to wonder if she should just go ahead and return to Eryn Calad. There she would be alone like the last century after her parents' slaughter. She pulled out of her dark thoughts as she heard the amusing squeak of Mr. Fuzzles. She looked around for Silivren, but couldn't find her. The bear suddenly appeared at the end of the table, but Liv ignored it.

Silivren huffed and pushed the bear in front of her face with a slight laugh, squeaking it. Liv turned around and ignored it, staring out the window. She finally stood up and looked Sil in the eye. "I'll be back after nightfall, probably before dawn" she said. Silivren looked at her sidelong. "Why? Where are you going?"

Livarie sighed. "Just going to take a little walk. Don't worry, I don't think anyone will notice I'm gone. I'm gonna find somewhere quiet to think... and maybe peek into death a bit. I can't help but feel curious" She walked out the door and down the gravel road. Liv found a nice, grassy spot under an oak tree and sat down. She drew the powers of life and death together and peered into Death cautiously, clutching her bells. She was surprised when she felt a tug at her heels, and opened her eyes to find a dark river flowing at her feet up to her knees.

Liv shivered. Everything was gray and shapeless in death, and she could see the spirits passing into the First gate. She knew that she shouldn't stay in one place for all too long, or something might come from the Fifth gate and beyond to feed upon her life. Livarie turned back and woke up in the small town. She was fascinated by all she had seen, and looked around. The sun was shining, and brushing against the hills in the distance. She sleepily turned her cheek to the bark of the tree and watched the daylight fade.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2003 07:42
ooc-if no one asks why isila's so happy, she and jahn will never tell anyone. so, that being said, someone had best ask!

Jahn woke up somewhat refreshed and relieved. He was glad that Isila had said yes, but was unsure of how to tell the others. He dressed slowly, listening to the sound of Isila's voice as she sang of her happiness. The words were in the Weren-speech, and only Jahn could understand them.

*In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our days
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face--always

In your heart--I can still hear
a beat for every time you kiss me
And when we're apart,
I know how much you miss me
I can still feel your love for me in your heart

'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
Wanna wake up every

In your eyes--(I can still see
the look of the one) I can still see
the look of the one who really loves me
(I can still feel the way that you want)
The one who wouldn't put anything
else in the world above me
(I can still see your love for me) I can
still see your love for me in your eyes
(I still see the love)

'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
Wanna wake up every
I'm keeping you forever and for always
I'm in your arms

Jahn sighed and wondered if Isila knew he could hear her. He was lucky, and he knew it.

*this song is property of shania twain. i take no credit whatsoever for it.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2003 12:00
ooc- I AM BAAACCKK!!! And I wish I were a little bar of soap.. but I won't go into that detail.. ehehe.. Anywho.. right.. well..

Silivren held Mr. Fuzzles close and watched as Liv went off by herself. "I'll notice you're gone.." she said quietly and bit Mr. Fuzzle's ear, and started chewing on it.. I cried never gonna hold the hand of another guy too young for him they told her waiting for the love of a travelin soldier.. our love will never end waiting for the soldier to come back again never more to be alone.. when the letter said... a soldiers coming home.. she sang in her head, thinking about Durin.

After a while of sitting there silently, Sil decided that she'll go visit her brother just for the heck of it. She snuk outside, and went around them, and found them croutching on the ground. She almost ran into Gratio, but luckily stopped herself just intime. She sighed and plopped down on the grass, without making a sound.

"Hi!" she said, and Draikren jumped. He turned around and lunged at her, but missed. "What are you doing here!?" she asked, pinning him down on the ground.

[Edited on 26/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 08:01
Ramanth grunted "You haven't held the other half of the deal Master...You must give me the bells, or I kill the girls...like I said...my powers of necromancy and sorcery are far more superior than theirs combined..."

--------------------------------------------------------

Gratio saw Silivren running, her hair riding with the wind, and her hands cupped to the side as she almost ran into Gratio

"Sorry" They both said at the same time. Silivren grinned and looked at Gratio for a while, until Draikren popped up behind Gratio

"Hi!" He said "how've you been sister?"

[Edited on 26/7/2003 by tasuki1000]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 09:02
Crimson glared at Ramanth. "I don't think you would risk ending their lives for bells that would not serve you" she said slyly, an incondescent shine of red coming from beneath her honey eyes. "You are threatening me so I will find you another set of bells, are you not? Well, the blacksmith only takes orders from me, and I would gladly trade my life for the preservation of the world as we know it"

She turned and looked back the way they came, and started forming a spell in her mind that she could feel burning inside her. A spell of suicide and destruction, to keep her from turning astray from her morals. She unleashed the first word in a whisper, and kept searching for the rest of the spell, weaving it into her mind and body.

~\*/~

Livarie woke up with a start, realizing that the sun was rising, and stood up. She held her hair back from her face and started walking back from the other side of town. Her head hurt from the abrupt chill of death, and her headache faded into a mere ache as she felt a warm breeze coming from the south. It carried the faint scent of maple and oak, obviously from either Eryn Imlad or the forest they had crossed on their way here.

Liv had quieted the voice inside her that warned her of Crimson's spell, and decided it would be best just to let it go. Elves should not care about humans anyway. She snorted at that sentiment that her mother taught her. It was untrue. Livarie had always believed that helping the other race was earning a point for theirs. Elves were so often percieved as bitter, selfish, and arrogant people, and she thwarted the stereotyping strongly.

She arrived at the Inn again, and stared up at the sign before going in. She noticed Silivren was talking to her brother, but didn't stop to say hello. It would be better to leave them alone. Hearing Isila's song, she stopped momentarily to look for her, and found her by her room.

"It's beautiful" she whispered, just loud enough for Isila to hear. "But what does it mean? It sounds so... happy" She tilted her head to the side a little, and waited for an answer.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 09:10
ooc-yay! btw, culin, i love your avatar! it's gorgeous!

Isila turned around, startled, at the sound of Liv's voice. "Oh! Liv, I'm so happy, because, well, don't hate me for this because I know you and Kayle...and well, Jahn...Jahn asked me to marry him!" She spoke the last extremely fast, and stuck out her hand with the ring on her finger. "Isn't it beautiful?" she sighed.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 09:16
"Is it possible to hate someone like you?" Livarie said, hugging Isila with a happy grin. "I'm so happy for you, mellonamin. Best wishes" she said, winking at her and heading to the other room. She sat down on the windowsill and looked out at the town.

((I know! I love this avatar too! Its beautimus! *runs away from silivren for stealing her word... thank you GreenEyedElf!))
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 10:39
Silivren stared at Draikren. "Where did you come from? How did you get here!? And whose this!?" she asked him, shaking his shoulders. "If you stop shaking me I'll tell you!" he yelled and she let go but couldn't help but stare at Gratio. "Okay.. tell me.." she said. Draikren sighed. "WELL, I came from.. Ramanth's place.. He brought me.. and this is Gratio.." Draikren said very fast. Silivren looked shocked.

"How.. how did you end up at Ramanth's place?" she asked him, wide eyed. Draikren sighed. "Well, basically he came.. killed our parents.. kidnapped me.. Gratio rescued me.. and now we're here.. So.. what have you been up to?" he said. Silivren shook her head. "He... he.. he killed mom and dad?" she asked, fighting away tears. First Durin now her parents. But she couldn't help but crying so she burst into tears and began to ran inside, but Gratio caught her arm.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 10:46
Gratio caught her arm, and looked at her wet eyes

"Miss, you mustn't cry..Durin is..still...alive...and the parents are alive too"

"THEY ARE?!!" Draikren and Silivren both said at the same time

"Yeah..They were just taken into a different prison..that's all. Now please...don't cry"

Silivren wiped her tears and smiled at Gratio, and then dug her head into his chest, hugging him in the process

[Edited on 26/7/2003 by tasuki1000]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 11:22
((*ROFL!* HA! Sil, Tas has got you beat! ^-^ So much for that~ Lol!))

Liv looked down at Silivren, and smiled.
"The darkness falls around the soul,
Healing waters cease to flow,
But before depression takes its toll,
I pray that you will know,

There are some that will be cured,
And some that fall in ire,
The love that hearts lure,
Will shift to true desire"

She shook her head. "I don't know where I remembered that one from" she said to herself, and hopped down from the window, sitting on the edge of her bed. She tied her hair back in a loose bun and decided to tackle the binding spell on the bells. Liv leafed through an old book, tracing through the runes with a finger.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 02:02
((No he doesn't!!! LoL!! Well, not yet at least.. LOL! ))

Silivren wiped her tears and smiled at Gratio, and then dug her head into his chest, hugging him in the process. She was so happy that her parents were still alive, and Durin too. Although, she couldn't help but notice how good Gratio smelled. She looked up and saw that he was staring down at her.

She then realized what she was doing and quickly let go of him. Draikren, of course, was having a ball watching his sister. Yet, he was happy too that his parents were still alive. "Don't call me miss.." Silivren said finally without crying. "My name's Silivren.." she said and Gratio nodded. She knew that deep down inside she still loved Durin, but there was just something about Gratio that caught her attention.
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 02:09
Gratio smiled
"Nice to meet you Silivren" He blushed a bit at the sight of Silivren smilingsweetlyat him, and Draikren laughing his butt off as the two were talking "Come..let's go back to the tavern.."
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 02:30
ooc-hehe...sil can now join me in my singing!!! btw, whatever happened to dpr's girlfriend person???

Isila ran out of the room, oblivious to Liv's troubles. She leaped down the stairs and nearly tackled a very happy-looking Silivren (who was hugging a complete stranger). They both started talking excitedly. "Silivren, I'm getting married!" shouted Isila.

"My parents are alive, as is my brother!" Silivren exclaimed simultaneously ((whoo..big word)).

"WE HAVE TO PLAN MY WEDDING!!!!" Jahn could hear Isila's statement from his room on the third floor.

Oh Eru, now she's planning the wedding.. He sighed, wondering if maybe he should have waited until they could just sneak away and elope. Ah well, too late now.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Isila was trying to drag Silivren away from Draikren and Gratio, so they could pick out wedding attire. It wasn't working very well because Sil was trying to introduce the three at the same time. Finally, Isila gave up and let Sil introduce her brother and new friend, albeit very quickly. Then the two rushed off to find Liv and Taran to discuss weddings.

((culin, sil, and taran, pm me okies? we have much to discuss. ))
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 03:44
((I'll pm u after I post))

Livarie looked up, startled, as Isila burst into the room dragging Silivren. She smiled, and took her hand of the buckle of her bells, and they fell off her chest. She looked down at them, and her eyes widened. "What did I do?" she asked herself, looking through the spellbook frantically. Silivren grabbed her arm and pulled her up, shoving the bells into her arms.

"Put them on" she said through clenched teeth. Liv obeyed, and began to feel sick as soon as the buckle was refastened. She then looked up to Isila, who looked like she had drank about three pots of coffee. "Hm. I want to know what kind of pills you take, Isila" she laughed. The elf glared at her, and then burst out into song again.

"Help me plan my wedding!" Isila screamed. Liv flinched at her loud voice, and muttered, "White. Cake. Birds. Happy?" She turned back to the spellbook again. As soon as she did, both Silivren and Isila were pulling her to her feet and dragging her out the door. Liv moaned.

"Oh come on, you guys. Put me down" she whined, and the two abruptly let go, sending her crashing to the floor. Liv sighed, and looked up at them from the carpet. "Okay! okay! What do you need my help for? Sewing? Decorating? Cooking. Er, wait... maybe cooking isn't such a good idea for me" She blushed heavily. "I tend to burn not only the food... but everything within a two mile radius"
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 08:31
ooc-so what if Kayle faints, he's had a lot of stress lately.

Kayle listened in stunned astonishment as Livarie revealed herself. He couldn't believe it. Livarie and Silivren, Servents of the Bells?! Only a handful of the most powerful sorcerers in a generation could take the bells of Life and Death. Their magic lay outside his own, free from the dictate of the Gods. The Wild Magic, a relic of the past, predating the three Orders. It is so powerful and dangerous that even out of those who possess the strength in magic, most die in the attempt to gain it. The Servents of the Bells are respected and feared by all wizards, be they followers of Lotan, Ithran, or Polaris.(The God of Neutral, or Gray, Magic)
What does this mean? I'm dating a Servent of the freak'n Bells?! To make things worse, not only is she a Bell Mage, but she wears the blasted Chimes of Doom! Damn Kedecia for making me fall in love with this girl! Damn her!
"What do you mean, Livaire?" he said.
No answer.
He glanced around the room. Everyone had left! Cursing under his breath, he went in search of the group. As he entered the hallway, he ran right into Glenia, who was just leaving her room. As Kayle dusted himself off and headed off again, he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Wait a moment, Kayle."
He turned to the girl.
"What is it Glenia? I need to find Livarie."
Her gaze became cold.
"That's the way it is, isn't it? Livaire, Livarie, Livaire. What does that stupid elven whore have that I don't?"
She looked down at her figure.
"Is it her looks? I guess your tastes have really changed in the last few years. She's sort of pretty, if you like the furry-eared freako look."
Kayle started to speak, but she cut him off.
"No! It's my turn to talk, so you had better listen! You are the most insensitive jerk!"
When his expression changed to one of confusion, she almost shrieked in frustration.
"You don't get it, do you? You don't understand anything! Do you realize how hard it is to live with the knowledge that your True Love is dead? Do you know how terrible that pain is?"
She shoved a finger in his face.
"I died inside when the guard told me the royal family had perished. I have been living with a great emptiness in my heart ever since that terrible day. Do you know why I pledged my life to the Good Lady? Not to save myself. It was so that I could see you again! When I found out you were alive, I was so happy. We would be together again!"
Tears began to fall from her beautiful eyes as she spilled her pent up emotions.
"Then what do I find? What do I find?! I find you alright, but with another woman. Another woman! Now I'm just some excess baggage, the poor woman to be pited, the one to be dumped on the side of the road."
By this time she had completely broken down.
"What am I supposed to do? I have nowhere else to go!"
He took her into his arms and held her close. She sobbed quietly, her head on his shoulder.
What am I supposed to do? He echoed silently.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 09:12
((ooc- stupid elven whore? Furry eared freako? Owch. That stung. ))

Livarie walked with Silivren and Isila to the bar downstairs and tried to ignore the two humans, stepping around them. She had heard what Glenia said and it cut into her like a knife. She rubbed her ears and still followed Silivren, biting her lip. When they reached the first story, Livarie bowed to Sil for a moment, hiding her blush by letting her hair cover her face. "I'm going outside for a moment" she telepathed. "Don't follow me and don't come looking for me" Silivren nodded, smiling and thinking nothing was wrong.

Livarie walked back down the gravel roads, and tilted her head up to catch any tears that were spilling, but a few ran down her cheek anyway, leaving an icy trail. "I should leave" she thought. "I should go back to Eryn Calad. Where I am needed... where I am wanted. I am only hated and feared here, the same as everywhere else I go." She took a deep breath, still staring at the sky.

"Maybe I can find my brother, Elfaroth. Maybe he is still alive." she began to think darker thoughts. "And if he truly is dead, I can join him and finally be at peace" She looked at the bells. "They will actually help me... for the first, and last time" She found her spot by the oak tree and sat down, trying to find a path to take for her life. Tracing a fallen leaf with her finger, Liv closed her eyes and began to draw the boundary between Life and Death. She did not touch her bells. The accursed things had done enough.

A warm tongue on her face woke her from stepping into Death. She opened her eyes, and found Stealth licking her tears. Dropping her hands from the spell, she hugged Stealth and kissed his furry head. "I'm sorry" she said to him. "Who would take care of you?" He lowered his head a little. Livarie had found him abandoned when he was a pup. He was just as lost as she was.

((Hey! Guess what?! I caaaaan bend my finger backwards!!!!!!!!!))

[Edited on 27/7/2003 by Lady~Culin]

[Edited on 27/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email