Register

<< First1112131415
Author Topic:
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Mage's Quest (KEEP)
on: July 30, 2003 02:13
((as long as your staying... don't want to chase you off. Although the thought of thwapping someone with a stick is mighty appealing... :evil: ))

Livarie looked dumbly at the key, and then back to Gratio "I... don't like Draikren much. I think I'll just leave him there" she said, with a wide, mischevous grin. "Mm... besides. I'm um... busy" She looked absorbed in the writing on the wall, and chewed on her nail to try and look like she was concentrating. Although, she couldn't read anything but high elvish. She tilted her head to the side a little and hummed nervously. "Oh, by the way" *she points to the girl Gratio just brought back* "That's not Silivren."

Crimson bowed to the company a little. "I will take my leave now. I think I have done enough damage" she said, and straightened back up. "It was nice meeting you all, and whenever you need me, be sure to let me know. I will be of assistance when I am needed by friends." She turned and left through a nearby door.

((Extremely short post, I know... but just wanted to make sure Draikren and Silivren stay put for Durin. BLeh. Can't type today... tooo shlleeeepppyyyy))

[Edited on 31/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Kylinen_EarthSpeaker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 12:44
Ky blinked at the girl Gratio was now looking at in confusion. "If there is one prisoner, there must be more," she pointed out. "We had better find and release them." She took the key Culin held, and went to the girl, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.
"Is there anyone else here?" she asked kindly.
"Some," the girl whispered. She started when Thryn appeared at Ky's side.
"It's alright," Ky assured her. "This is Thryn. You tell him where you live and he'll take you there, and protect you." The girl reached out and patted the wolf, who nuzzled her hand. Then he turned and led her away. Ky straightened to see Gratio staring at her. She gave him a puzzled look and turned to Culin.
"We'll go and free the rest of the prisoners," she said, and began to walk down the passage to the dungeons.

[Edited on 31/7/2003 by Gilraen]
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 05:31
Kayle was as surprised as everyone else at Ramanth's disappearance. He had been about to seal the jerk's magic, to prevent him from going anywhere. Unfortunaly, the man had escaped him again. He looked around the dark room that had been the Duke's prison. It was obvious that the man had lost what sembelence of sanity he had long ago. Many of the implements of within were so hideous that they defied decription. He shivered in the dank chill that filled the room. He looked forward to returning to the warm inn. Immediatly after Sil's capture, Taran and Kayle combined their magic to open a portal to Ramanth. The location was provided by Livaire. Bell Wizards, be they of or Life, could sense the location of their counterparts. With that info, the group came charging to the rescue. Kayle watched at Kylinen wandered the cells, looking for anyone still alive. They had to find Silivren! He walked over to Livaire.
"Liv, you led us here. Can you sense her?"
She shook her head softly.
"I can't. Something is blocking me."
"Well, then we'll just have to do it the hard way."
He began to search the cells as well.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 08:08
Livarie took to the right wing, opposite from where she saw Kayle go, looking around cautiously and running her hands along the bars. She gasped as she felt a cold hand grab her wrist from behind the bar and it let go quickly when it felt she was not Ramanth coming to hurt them. Liv halted in her tracks and backed up, peering in behind the cell bars.

"Hello?" she called softly, and gazed into the darkness. She heard nothing and felt her wrist, moving on. She did not encounter any more of the prisoners thanks to remembering not to touch the bars. She felt the presence of an elf within a cell, and took out the keys. She unlatched the door and stepped inside. She was met with a horrid sight. Five elves, all strapped to the wall. Liv didn't bother feeling for a pulse. They were all dead, she could sense.

She studied their faces. "Desert elves. Isila would freak" she muttered, and closed her eyes tightly. She could hear a raspy breathing behind her. Liv didn't bother to look and see what it was, she knew it was either undead, or dying. She avoided it, and decided to let it die on its own. With no luck, she headed back and plopped down, sulking. "Silivren is lost to us" she said, her voice trembling. "I cannot even find her in Death anymore" Elfaroth turned his head and glanced at her.

"Oh, you don't know that. What is this I heard about a Durin fellow?" Livarie sighed. "Perhaps there still is hope, but it is beyond us now" she said, twisting a strand of silky hair in her fingers.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 08:57
Silivren sat in the cell, and was busy playing with her shoe. She had given up hope on anybody finding her, but she wasn't going to get killed without a fight. She heard Draikren move, so she took out the bell and rung it again. She didn't feel like talking to anybody at the moment, especially Draikren. She could sense many dead... elves, men, dwarfs, everything in the cells around her.

She could hear a few move before, but when she had rung the bell again, all was quiet and she heard no more. Silivren was about to go back into Death, but thought that it wouldn't be such a good idea. After all, what if Livaire or Durin or someone came to save her and saw her body just sitting there? They would think she was dead. Well, probably not Livaire.. but she wasn't going take that chance.

"Well.. I do hope that they all live happy lives.." she said to herself after losing all hope. "I can imagine the weddings now.. They'll probably have a double wedding, Jahn and Isila.. Livarie and Kayle. They all fit so well together... Then they'll be so happy that they won't even remember how they left me to die.." Suddenly she slapped herself across the cheek. "What am I thinking!? Of course they will rescue me!" she said and put her shoe back on.

[Edited on 1/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 02:18
"Well.. I do hope that they all live happy lives.." she said to herself after losing all hope. "I can imagine the weddings now.. They'll probably have a double wedding, Jahn and Isila.. Livarie and Kayle. They all fit so well together... Then they'll be so happy that they won't even remember how they left me to die.." Suddenly she slapped herself across the cheek. "What am I thinking!? Of course they will rescue me!" she said and put her shoe back on.

"Speaking to yourself, now? I was hoping my death wouldn't hurt you too much."

"Durin!" Silivren stood and took a step towards him.

"My Lady Silivren. Are you well? Has anyone mistreated you?" Durin looked strange. His expression was a mix of rage and concern. "If you are wounded or anything, it will be healed, but first you must come with me."

A portal opened and Durin ushered Silivren through. On the other side, Silivren looked around, expecting to see Kayle, Livarie and the others. What she saw was thirteen black-cloaked mages, a lich, and an armored skeleton standing in a throne room.

"Where are we?" Silivren asked, bewildered.

"We are in my throne room." Durin replied. Silivren looked quizzical. "It was Saratar's, but now I'm the Lord of the Citadel."

Then it hit her. "You had been planning this all along! To take Saratar's place as the Dark Lord of the Citadel! That's why you joined Kayle! You hoped to use him to defeat Saratar!"

Durin grinned. "Yes. It was my creature in the sky. My death knight stalking us. My prayer to Ithran for help. My army at Middair. I caused the explosion." Silivren stood open mouthed in awe.

"I didn't kill the towns people. I transported them to safety." Durin stepped infront of Silivren and whispered in her ear. "See, something went wrong. After the explosion, I was going to use my army to take Kayle and the group as hostages so as to get close to Saratar. But I couldn't. Something wouldn't let me. It's then that I realized what it was. My love for you. It was going to be my downfall. I knew that I couldn't face the group if they knew what my plan was."

Comprehension painted itself on Silivren's face.

"I couldn't face my new friends with this treachery, but I loved you and still love you. I decided that it would be best if I died. So I thought to show you my love in death."
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2003 06:09
ooc-i have cuban jazz stuck in my head, so if anything i post resembles a nightclub in havana, you have my sincerest apologies.

Meanwhile, back at the farm (oops, i mean tavern), Jahn and Isila were sitting, eating their dinner, when suddenly (!) a Hobbit (who just so happened to look like matt the extremely short trumpet player in the band) (hehe...he really is hobbit-size) stood up and began to play a beautiful jazzy love ballad written by Arturo Sandoval.

Now, Isila just so happened to be wearing a formal dancing gown and Jahn was wearing a tuxedo. The handsome Weren stood and held out his hand to his fiancee, saying, "Would you care to dance, mon amore?"

"I would love to, darling," replied Isila. She took his hand, and he pulled her out onto the dance floor where they danced closely for what seemed like an eternity, though it was only about five in the morning when the Hobbit named Matt decided it was time for him to return to his own home since the only people left dancing were a couple that had been dancing since about nine o'clock.

The lovers didn't even notice that the trumpet player had left, because they were walking in each other's dreams...Isila could hear the wood pipes and flutes of the Weren while Jahn tango-ed in time with the drums of the Rai-ith Nomar. Both felt as if they were in the silhonell dancing beneath the stars to the most beautiful song in the world. It wasn't until the tavern opened officially for the new day that they stopped. Arm in arm, they near-waltzed up the stairs to their respective rooms where they slept the next full day and night away.
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2003 04:20
"Don't you see, Silivren? I loved you so much that I gave up my plans, my power, and my life for you. It was just convenience that Ramanth brought me back. Not just to new power..." Durin lowered to a whisper, "...but to you, too."

"So what do you wish me to do?" Silivren asked, somewhat confused.

"We must rejoin Kayle and the rest." Durin said. He turned to Saratar, "Watch over my Citadel 'til I return."

Durin opened a portal to the group.

Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2003 04:36
Silivren was still confused. She didn't know if Durin was good or bad, but it didn't really matter at the moment. Her heart was racing and everytime Durin said he loved her, her heart jumped. "So what do you wish me to do?" she asked, somwhat confused.

"We must rejoin Kayle and the rest." Durin said. He turned to Saratar, "Watch over my Citadel 'til I return."

Durin then opened a portal to the group.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2003 07:55
Livarie looked up from her moping and saw Silivren and Durin step out of a portal. She sent the man an untrusting look, and immediately squeezed the breath out of her. "SIL!!!" she screamed. "You're alive! You're alive you're alive!" Liv cried. "Not if you don't let me breathe!" Silivren wheezed, and Liv let her go, composing herself.

She turned to Durin, still quite suspicious. "I don't know... I don't think I want to know..." she muttered under her breath. She wasn't too fond of Durin because she didn't know which side he was on anymore.

((Short post, I know... but my computer is still recovering from its little spastic episode))
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2003 08:33
ooc-i'm making you guys return to the tavern, okies? just letting you know....

Taran shook Isila awake after returning from wherever you guys were. "My raki, wake up...it's well past noon, and everyone has returned."

Isila rolled over. "Hmmm? Oh. I didn't realize it was so late," she said, sitting up. "I must have slept harder than I thought." She scratched her head. "What day is it?"

"Sunday. A day of rest."

Surprised, the mage exclaimed, "You mean I've been sleeping since yesterday morning??? I must have been more exhausted than I realized."

Taran smiled. "And what, exactly, did you do Friday night that caused you to sleep for a day and a half?"

"Jahn and I danced all night," she replied dreamily. "There was a Hobbit with a trumpet, and, oh it was gorgeous......."

"Well, that's wonderful and all, but I don't really believe you," said Liv as she walked in the room. "Surely there's more to your sleepiness than that." She grinned, expecting more to the story.

"No...we danced until dawn. Just ask the bartender." Isila got out of bed and headed down for some lunch.

[Edited on 4/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 09:30
ooc- Noooot yeeett...

Silivren breathed in deep a couple of times after Liv squeezed her. She could see that Livarie didn't trust Durin, but she didn't know what to say. "Don't worry mellon nin.. he saved me.. and he loves me.." she whispered to her. Livarie probably didn't believe her, but she didn't say anything either. At last Silivren couldn't take it any longer. "Where's Ramanth and Gratio?" she asked, looking around.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 10:00
((ooc- I am closing the gap between being in the castle and the tavern-inn-bar-thing oh yea, sorry about all the oocs. There are just so many gaps!!! ))

Livarie looked at the ground. "He got away" she said through clenched teeth. She looked over at Kayle, who had just returned from looking through the cells.

((ooc- They went back to the town... blah blah blah))

Livarie walked upstairs and entered Isila's room with Taran and Sil. She poked Isila, who was curled up under the blankets with numerous pillows covering her head.

((the conversation.. blah blah))

Liv wandered to the room and threw herself down on the bed, having not slept in (how many?) days. She instantly blacked out.

annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 11:29
ooc-i'm officially playing taran for a little while. she's gone to indiana and chicago. asked me to tell you guys she'd be back friday.

Jahn woke up and found Durin and Kayle zonked out in the other beds in their room. It was early evening, but it was obvious the two had been in a battle of some sort. Jahn shrugged and headed down stairs for some food.

"Did you and your lassy have a good night's rest?" asked the bartender snidely. "Haven't seen either of you for a day or so...sleep well?" It was obvious what the man was alluring to, so Jahn did his best to ignore him.

"I'd like a dish of quail and potatoes, if you please. And your best ale." Jahn turned to find a seat at one of the tables.

"None for your mistress?" asked the bartender after him.

Jahn turned to the man. "Sir, it is a lucky thing for you that I am staying in your establishment with friends. Otherwise, I would tear you limb from limb for what you just said. Say what you want about me, but leave Lady Isila out of your blasphemy." And with that, Jahn left the tavern in search of more pleasant company.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 06:11
ooc-Final Fantasy X rocks!

Kayle was not surprised when Durin stepped from the portal with Silivren. He leaned back against the wall and eyed Durin cooly.
"Greetings, Lord Durin"
Durin appraised the mage.
"You felt it."
Kayle nodded.
"Making Saratar into your pet sent shock waves throught the fabric of magic."
Everyone in the group turned to look at Kayle in shock.
"What?!"
Kayle pointed to Durin.
"Let him explain it."
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2003 07:11
ooc-sorry i cut off my last post like that, i had to eat. also, durin moves tomorrow (wednesday). hopefully, he'll be back online soon. btw, i'm gonna focus on jahn's character for a little while, he needs some development.

Jahn was storming across the village looking for another tavern. There weren't any, so he kept walking. He soon reached the outskirts where the fields of cattle, sheep, and grain were located.

The open fields were more appealing to Jahn than the narrow streets of the town. They were similar to the fields of the silhonell, he realized. Peaceful and rolling, filled with the life and love of the earth. He stood on a ridge and smelled the breeze. It was the scent of heaven. Honey-colored wheat grew in the valley between hills dotted with livestock. On one ridge, the Weren could see goats and sheep ready for the shearing. On another, cattle grazed and horses galloped.

Jahn sat and gazed at the land for the longest time, taking in all it had to offer in sight, smell, and sound. He thought of things, too. Of Isila, the love of his life, his pending marriage, and, of course, his people, the Weren.

Ah, yes, the Weren. What would his people say if he returned from his journeys with a wife? Probably nothing, as long as she was respectable enough and diligent and hard-working. But if he returned with Isila as a wife? That would be another story, for she was of the Rai-ith Nomar, the Desert Elves who wander like gypsies between lands. They were welcomed to the silhonell with open hands, for they brought news of the outer world and gifts as well. But for some reason, these people, these Elves, were not suitable for marriage. Jahn knew not why, but both peoples had shunned his and Isila's love.

It did not matter what either clan thought. He and Isila would still marry. The worst that could possibly happen was disownment from their people, their families.

If that came to be, Jahn knew what they would do. The lovers would find a new land and build their own family. Perhaps they would join Kayle and Liv wherever they went. Or, perhaps they would stay here, in this little town. Jahn could see it: they would buy some land and goats and sheep and live on a small farm. Their children would grow up learning stories of both the Weren and the Rai-ith Nomar, and would do the same with their children.

He sighed. Those days will be a long time coming, he thought. The sun was setting as he rose from his seat and made his way back to the village, his anger forgotten. The days were a long time coming...........

[Edited on 5/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2003 04:27
OOC-Yeah...FFX is a good game...but..wasn't that kinda random? lol. And I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XI, comes out Oct. 29! So, I'm back again, but just for a short while, just to post one last thing about Ramanth

The duke had now appeared on the coast of a large, gray sea, docked with hundreds upon hundreds of ships, a particularly large one stood right in front of Ramanth.

Gratio...I can't believe it...And the boy, he almost killed me...

Thoughts like these popped about Ramanth's head. He quickly tried to ignore his last episode with Kayle, and walked to the door of the ship, until a bald Blue-skinned elf walked out of it

"Suilad, Regent, how fares Ramanth?"The elf spoke in a misty voice

"The city's doing fine, thanks...anyway Nekros, it's time that we sail off to Sorak, and get The Book"

Then, Ramanth and Nekros quickly boarded the large ship, and sailed off with the other hundred...
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 05:32
Livarie woke up late the next morning to Stealth digging his claws into her hand. She lifted her head and stared curiously at the fox, pushing him off the bed. It just tilted its head and disappeared out the door again. Liv sat up and blinked slowly, only realizing the golden light shining through the drawn curtains. She looked down at her pocketwatch and her eyes widened. "Eleven thirty two?! What kind of elf am I?!"

Liv stumbled out of the covers and threw on a black shirt and pants, and pulled over her green vest, followed by the bandoleer. She tied her hair back in a loose bun and washed her face and hopped out the door, pulling on her boots. Silivren was downstairs, and Liv sat beside her, looking around.

"You've alive!" Silivren said in mock amazement, and Liv glared at her. "Not a day has passed that I rose after the sun till now, so cut me a little slack here, mellonamin" she said quietly. "Now where's Kayle?"
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2003 03:55
Silivren woke up earlier than usual this (or that) morning- before the sun came up. She couldn't sleep much but she finally managed to get a hour or two in before she couldn't fall asleep again. She was thinking about things that were going on in the company, and mainly of Durin. She then realized that she did love him too. She quietly got up and put her clothes and bells on.

She walked downstairs and sat on a chair. It was extremely dark downstairs, but she loved the dark so it didn't really matter. For some reason her bells felt tighter this morning, and she reached for them. But when she put her hand where Saraneth was suppose to be, she didn't feel anything! She started to panic and felt for the other bells, yet none of them were there. She suddenly stopped and let out a sigh of relief. She had put the bells on backwards!

Silivren sat there quietly for a while and waited for the sun to come up. As it did, light started pouring into the tavern, and she shielded her eyes with her hand because it was right in.. her.. eye.. (uh.. yeah). She could hear people stir upstairs, but decided to stay downstairs and not go to them yet. The alone time that she was getting was rare, and she didn't hate it.

But, just to be safe, she entered Death. She didn't entirely know why she wanted to, but it just happened. She closed her eyes and drew the marks of protection, only if someone came by and tried to kidnap her body again- which she was not in favor of.

She opened her eyes and looked around. The river wasn't flowing any different from the way it usually was, and she was glad. She didn't want to deal with dead people at the moment. She needed some time to collect her thoughts. For some reason she felt... a great sadness within her that she couldn't explain.

She was happier than she had been in a long time. She loved someone who actually loved her back, even though she wasn't entirely sure if he was on their side or not. At the moment it didn't matter. In fact, she didn't care.

I should've never told them that I felt Durin back at the tavern... she thought with a sigh. They probably never thought that he would come back anyway, so I might as well have kept my mouth shut.

After a while of sitting on the side of the river, she decided that it would probably be time to go back to Life again. With a sigh she closed her eyes and felt the warmth of the sunlight on her face. She opened her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. It was going to be a beautiful day and nothing was going to spoil it. She decided that she was going to be her happy and hyper self even though she didn't feel like it.

After a few minutes she heard someone come down the stairs. It was Livarie and she looked a bit tired. She forced a smile and sighed. "You've alive!" Silivren said in mock amazement, and Liv glared at her. "Not a day has passed that I rose after the sun till now, so cut me a little slack here, mellonamin" she said quietly. "Now where's Kayle?" Silivren shrugged and tried to smile and sound happy like she usually is. "I don't know.. probably still asleep ." she said.

ooc- I decided to edit my post... And once more..

[Edited on 8/9/03 by Lady~Silivren]

[Edited on 8/10/03 by Lady~Silivren]
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 11:28
Livarie looked at Silivren sidelong, smelling death on her. She also didn't look too happy for some reason. She tilted her head and raised her eyebrows. "Sil,what's wrong?" she asked, concerned. She looked to the stairs and back to her friend. She lowered her voice. "You can tell me, just don't try to fool me"

Elfaroth woke up in his own room and sighed. He wanted so badly to return to Eryn Vorn, but wanted to be there with Liv also. He rolled out of bed and pulled on his tunic, leaning out the window. He hopped down to the ground outside to explore a little.

((short post, yes. But let's kick it back into shape, people! Lol!))
Vaticus
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 03:56
ooc: mississippi sucks. just thought you might want to know.

Durin didn't sleep that night. He spent it in an unrestful trance. The future is impossible to see any other way. Durin spent hours exploring the possible futures. For himself, he looked at the outcome of two decisions of import. First, to tell Kayle or not. Let's see. Yes equals we go into great peril. DUH! No equals...we'll go with a yes.

Next was to go with Kayle, or take Silivren and live at the citadel. Go with Kayle means death to me. Hm. Leave with Silivren means death to Silivren. His trance ended abruptly.

That morning, he sat at his table, silently brooding. Several times, Kayle and the others tried to talk to him, but silence answered them.
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 06:05
ooc-(((huggles for durin))) poor durin! stuck in ms all alone (no, i'm not being sarcastic, i really mean it)! heh..ms=mississippi, m-s=mary-sue! both are bad! oooh...weird......

Jahn poked Durin to try and make him move. It didn't work.Image

[Edited on 12/8/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 03:02
ooc- Aww!! That sucks! I so know how it feels to move.. After all, I've done it 7 times before!

She lowered her voice. "You can tell me, just don't try to fool me"

Silivren sighed and looked at the ground. She tried to force a smile, but didn't look up. "Nothing.. it's nothing.. I'll tell you later.." she said and walked back to the room.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 01:55
((poor vaticus))

Livarie nodded. She didn't feel too well all of a sudden, so she turned and walked up to the hallway upstairs. She slid open a window and sat down heavily on the sill, looking outside. She lowered her head a little, feeling kind of dizzy. Was this a sense of foreboding? Perhaps. After all, death was an easy thing to sense. But she had never felt it so strongly.

Liv closed her eyes and breathed sowly. She shook her head and stood up, walking through the halls. She stopped in front of Kayle's door, tapping on it. "Kayle... are you awake?" she asked, with a slightly mischievous grin. She as thinking about startling him.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2003 05:14
ooc-sorry man. that sucks.

Kayle knew she was coming, and swept her into his embrace with a laugh.
"Good morning, my dear! Isn't the sunrise marvelous?"
She grinned in amazment at his mood.
"Carpe dium, my love! Seize the day!"
"Kayle, what's going on?"
"Nothing, love. Do I need a reason?"
He kissed her, and such was his passion that steam shot out her ears. When he released her she swayed slightly on her feet. He took her hand and together they dashed down the stairs. Their sudden arrival startled Silivren, and she was even more startled when Kayle filled the room with great peals of laughter. He smiled widely and somersaulted over the chairs to land in a handstand.
"Cheer up, everybody!"
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 01:54
Livarie tilted her head with arched eyebrows, feeling his head for a fever. "Oookay... I have no idea what kind of spell you are under, Kayle... but it's beginning to grow on me" she laughed, and plopped back down beside Silivren ((Who had returned by the way)) She chewed on her sleeve as she looked out the window. Sil nudged her.

"Stop it!" she hissed. Liv giggled. "Sorry... I was forming an idea" she said, picking up her water and tilting it so it almost ran out on Durin. She winked at Silivren and shoved the glass in her hand, a wicked grin spread on her face. Liv then turned back to Kayle and patted the seat beside her. "Come over here and stop flipping around" she laughed.
DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2003 06:11
Grinning even wider, Kayle pushed off from the handstand, and flipped onto the couch next to Liv.(Did I mention that Kayle was an acrobat?) He was just about to tell his latest joke when the inn door slammed open, letting frigid air flood the common room. Everyone turned to the source of the sound, and saw three figures walking toward them. The first was an old man garbed in a worn brown robe, his great white beard falling down his chest. His weathered face bore the lines of many ages, yet a twinkle in his blue eyes suggested there was still vigor in his old bones. Kayle's eyes widened at the sight of the second figure. She was possibly the most beautiful woman he had ever seen(next to Livarie). The postergirl of sensuality, her dark skin was the color of fresh obsidian. Even as she attrached him, something about her repulsed Kayle. She just seemed... wrong. The final man was hard to describe. It wasn't possible to really see his features. They changed constantly, never staying longer than a glance. The trio stopped in front of them, and waited. Kayle looked to the old man. Something about him was familiar. Realization hit Kayle like a punch in the gut, and he fell to his knees before the man.
"Khaydarin Magus!" He whispered in awe. Smiling slightly, the old man raised Kayle to his feet.
"Thank you, my son."
Livaire looked at the scene with confusion.
"What's going on?"
From back in a corner, Durin answered.
"Do you not recognize them, elf? Before you stand the three gods of Magic." He pointed to each in turn.
"Lotan, the Star Mage." The God in brown bowed his head.
"Ithran, the Ebon Temptress." She smiled wickedly.
"Polaris, the Balancekeeper." He nodded.
Livarie was at a loss for words. She bowed before the great beings. Kayle looked to his Lord.
"Star Mage, what brings you from the Astral Tower?"
Again it was Durin who answered, his voice full of sarcasm.
"They need our help."

ooc-okay, that's all for now. I need to go to bed.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 05:22
Liv smiled at the beings, not really knowing, nor caring, who they were. She continued hemming her cloak until Kayle fell to his knees and whispered something she couldn’t understand. She decided that they were important, because otherwise, Kayle wouldn’t have fallen to his knees. She flicked her glance back to the old man, contemplating the power within all three of them. It was like nothing she had ever felt. “What’s going on?” she asked a tad bit suspiciously.

"Do you not recognize them, elf? Before you stand the three gods of Magic." He pointed to each in turn.

Livarie first sent an irritated look at Durin. “First off, no, I wouldn’t recognize them. I have never seen a God before. And second, I have a name, if it is possible for you to remember with all the strange thoughts racing through your head. Livarie. Li-va-rie!”- she was cut off by Silivren glaring at her. She cleared her throat. “Sorry…” she muttered. She turned back to the Gods and bowed swiftly. Silivren did the same. Then they both sat back down and Liv went back to mending the hem of her cloak.

She wondered too why they were there, but didn’t really want to ask. It would seem foolish, as she could read thoughts. Although, she wasn’t sure if she really wanted to read the thoughts of Gods. So much awareness of death, pain… the struggle of humankind. Liv sighed as she pricked the tip of her finger with the needle and winced. “Ai!” she growled, shaking her hand
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 07:35
Isila was walking down the stairs when the gods came. The ever-changing nodded to her. She looked into Polaris's eyes but when she realized who he was, quickly averted her glance. Greetings daughter of the Nomads, a deep, throaty voice said in her mind. We have watched you and your companions for a long time now. You easily upset the forces of the world. Isila blushed slightly as she felt, rather than saw, a grin spread across the god's mouth. We were hard set to balance the world when you left the Conservatory for the silhonell. But all is well now, and it seems to have been to the advantage of Chaonia that you did so.

I had no idea that my leaving of the Conservatory would cause a disturbance in the world. "Had I known, I never would have left."

"What?" asked Silivren.

"N..nothing," replied Isila. She blushed even more.

Unknown to you, many more left after they saw how easily you escaped. But that is a good thing. Though they are not trained in the arts of War, all learned Healing. And Healing is a far better knowledge than War. He looked away, ending the mind-speech.Image

[Edited on 17/8/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 07:27
Silivren bowed and sat down. But as strange these gods looked, she couldn't help but stare at Durin. He seemed so irritated and wasn't saying much. She turned her head and looked at Liv as she pricked her finger on the needle and smiled. She didn't seem to be in a good mood either. Infact, Kayle seemed to be the only one in an overly happy mood which was sort of strange to her because he wasn't normally like that.

"What do they want?" she whispered to Livarie, who was sucking on her finger. Sil stared at the gods now and wondered if Livaire had heard her.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 05:12
Livarie shrugged. "I don't know... Maybe I should find out..." she said, taking her finger out of her mouth and cringing at the taste of her own blood. She stood up and brushed off her black robes, proudly brandishing her bandolier. She walked up behind Kayle and gently laced an arm around his, staring at the Gods. She flicked the hair out of her eyes and stuck her tongue out quickly at the Ebon goddess and smiled innocently when Kayle looked at her.

"Man na irelya taar?" (What is your will, Lord?) Livarie asked the old man standing in front of the two others. She waited for his response, as he seemed to think it over carefully.

DreadPirateRoberts
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 06:06
Ithan snarled at the elf, but Lotan only smiled.
"My dear, the mage is right. Grave is our need. You are familiar with the one known as Saratar?"
Kayle darkened at the name.
"As I thought. Though powerful, he was not the only one of the Dark Lady's servents. Others have risen to take his place. We need your help to deal with this new crisis."
Everyone was greatly disturbed by the news.
"What is the latest threat?"
The old man sighed.
"The drow have arisen. At their head is a powerful necromancer known as Sedryn N'Vorda. He leads his armies from their dark homes to invade the surface."
The shock of his statement was replaced by confusion.
"I can understand why you would be here, Master, but why is she here? Wouldn't she enjoy the conquests of her followers?"
This time the Goddess answered.
"The Magic, boy. The Magic. In his quest for power, this N'Vorda fool has threatened the very stuff of our existence. He seeks to replace the Arcane Triumpherate(sp?), and rule all magic. You must stop that from happening. It may be my Mistress's doing, but that doesn't matter. I would moon Enamar himself for the sake of the Magic!"
Not knowing what to say, Kayle glanced around the room at the rest of the companions.
Lady~Culin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 06:35
Liv raised her eyebrows and giggled. "Well now... Durin is correct and a Goddess with no decency... that's something you don't see every day" She nudged Kayle in the ribs, and only got a sour look. She cleared her throat. "I will help the cause with whatever I can give... but my only real powers lie in Death." she sighed, twitching a little nervously. She couldn't help but think she sounded childish. Retreating back to the bar, she sat down beside Silivren with an unhappy frown on her face.

[Edited on 25/8/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
annunvingiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 05:56
ooc-it's been a while, hasn't it?

Isila was still in a slight state of shock from the mind-speech when Jahn came into the tavern. He was slightly surprised to see his fiance staring at a man whose appearance kept changing.

[Edited on 2/9/2003 by Syriana]
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 06:59
(Yesh it has... people need to post..)

Silivren sighed and stood up. She wanted nothing to do with these gods or whatever they wanted from them. She walked back to the room and sat down, staring out the window. She could care less about the people downstairs at the moment, well, except for a few.
<< First1112131415
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email