Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: The Elvish Armoury (free) (keep)
on: January 25, 2004 08:18
Naur came walking up a few minutes later, puffing and panting a bit still. ~~ That is one steep climb, Elerrina. ~~

The black wolf looked around slowly, but didn't seem very impressed. Ele thought about it for a minute, then asked him aloud, so Celebros could hear the question, too. "Naur, can you see colors like a human does or is your color vision structured like most wolves and dogs? Do you see much in the way of color?"

The colors of the butterflies in the Vale were almost startling. It would be a shame for Naur to miss them, after coming so far.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 04:16
~~I can't see much colour at all I can see a few hues but thats about it.~~ Naur replied ~~I still don't understand what's so spectacular about a mass of buterflies.~~
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 11:44
Elerrina went over the spells she'd memorized and couldn't find any that would enhance his color or vision. Elruwen might know of one... or maybe Quarion. Perhaps after he'd had a look around for the cocoons he was searching for.

"Quarion, do you know of any spells that would improve Naur's color vision, even temporarily? The colors are one of the more beautiful thing about seeing the butterflies all grouped or flying." She turned to Celebros, "You mother probably knows of one, but I can't think of any that would apply. I wonder if an Ioun Stone for improving, um... dexterity would help?"

Elerrina looked through the Ioun Stones she carried, but none of them seemed to apply. She didn't carry all the stones around, of course; she didn't even own one of each of them or probably know of them all. She didn't feel very good about experimenting on Naur anyway, though she'd sure like him to see the colors.

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 04:37
**Quarion shook his head** "
"There are none that i know of, well not any arcane ones anyway." he replied
"Naur, how good is your nose?" he asked, turning to the wolf

~~Celebros, why does he want to know if I have a good nose or not?~~
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 07:11
~~ I think Quarion would like your help in finding the kind of cocoon he's been searching for. He said they do have a certain scent to them, and he even has one for you to use as a sample. He needs a certain kind for some work or spell he's doing. I'm sure he'd be grateful for your help...~~

Celebros didn't want to push Naur into helping, but it would ease the Drow's problems with finding just the right ones. And he, Celebros, had come along mostly because Elerrina had said they were so spectacular... and they were indeed. He would remember this even if they never came here again.

He put his arm tenderly around Elerrina's waist, "It is every bit as beautiful as you said, my sweet."

((OOC- almost forgot!! BTW- I'm leaving Thurs. the 29th for a trip down to the Lower 48 (states) to see my mother. I'll be back the 14th of Feb. I'll have my laptop with me, but I won't be on 16 hours a day, like I am now. Anyway, I'll try to post every day, but don't give up if I miss a day or two. (WHEN will I be able to go online on a plane? When??)

[Edited on 1/28/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 12:12
~~I suppose I can help him out. I've got nothing better to do. Tell him I'll help out.~~ Naur said

~~Tell him yourself you managed to talk to him before~~ Celebros replied

~~Fine~~ Naur then turned his attention to Quarion
~~I have a pretty good nose and yes I will quite happily help you out.~~

"Thank you Naur." he replied "I need you to find a few cacoons for me. I've got one here for you to have a good sniff at. A dozen would be ideal but just find what you can, please."

**he palced the coccon down on the floor for Naur to get a good sniff at.**

~~Gawd thats a bad smell...They'll be easy to find. I'll bring them back as I find them.~~ Naur messaged them all
**He then padded quietly towards the trees, nose to the ground.**

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 10:22
Elerrina sniffed the air, "Hmm, I don't smell it at all! They could smell like roses or chocolate, for all I can tell. I do hope he can find enough for your needs, as I said, few butterflies go through the chrysalis stage here because the butterflies usually don't mate here, and just the adults come back to winter over... but there are a few, apparently who don't know the rules!" She smiled.

Naur brought back the first one, his lips curled away from it because of the scent. ~~I'll need another big drink of water, Elerrina...~~ He messaged her. He didn't look very comfortable, but his tone was joking, so she smiled back at him.

"Naur would you like me to follow you? I could carry them back for you, if they're really affecting you."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 11:10
~~If you wouldn't mind. I'd love the helping hand, it means I don't have to taste them either.~~ Naur replied

"Is everything all right?" Quarion quiried

"I think so," Celebros replied

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by Gilraen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 08:56
Elerrina got a small pouch from Quarion, one he'd brought just for that purpose, and began to follow Naur as he worked back and forth across the clearing and the brush under the trees. Occasionally he'd find another cocoon, sometimes Ele would see one, but there were other cocoons beside the ones Quarion wanted, so most of those she saw weren't the right kind.

~~ Thank you, Elerrina ~~ Naur messsaged her, as she took another one from where he pointed it out, ~~ they really do taste as bad as they smell. I hope he can find a place outside to keep them as they will make your house smell bad, too ~~

"I'll ask him about that. My nose isn't as sensitive as some Elves' noses are, perhaps that would be a good idea." She said aloud to him as she continued to follow him.

[Edited on 31/1/2004 by Gilraen]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 02:38
"How many how you found so far my friends?" Quarion asked

**Celebros watched on, scared that he might accidently tread on either a butterfly or a cocoon.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 10:19
Elerrina looked in the little pouch, "Um, it looks like about 14, Quarion, if I'm not double counting any. How many do you need? We found one place that had 4 or 5 in one batch, so we may find more like that."

Naur stopped and sat down, panting a little; the warm sun and small amount of breeze was rather warming on his black fur. ~~ I'm beginning to think about a nap about now...~~ Naur messaged Ele with a canine smile.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 11:37
"Fourteen is fine, its more than enough. Thank you for finding them for me, the both of you." he smiled "Naur, as a litle reward I will let you eat my dessert this evening. If Celebros lets you that is."

**Naur looked at Celebros with a pleeding look.**
~~Please....pretty please.~~ he said

"Hmmmm, just this once Naur, don't expect it to happen everyday of the week though." Celebros smiled

**Naur yipped happily**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 07:20
"Are you sure you have enough, Quarion? If you are, I suppose we can head back to the house. I hope you all have enjoyed this amazing spot... it is certainly one of a kind in this area."

She smiled at Naur and messaged him ~~ The way home will be much easier, Naur... it is all down hill! And you can stop for another drink at the creek to rinse your mouth out...~~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 06:47
"Yes I'm sure, these will last me a good few decades or so." he replied "Thank you once again for leading my up here and helping me find them."Image

~~Yes I would like to pay a visit to the creek I have a nasty taste in my mouth not to mention bits of cocoon.~~ Naur messaged her in reply

**Celebros smiled and took hold of her hand**
"To the house it is then." he said

[Edited on 5/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 04:59
The group followed Naur back out the pathway and down to the creek again. Elerrina rinsed her hands and Naur his mouth with the fresh water. Celebros and Quarion drank, too, then Naur headed back down the steep trail to the lower hills. The afternoon was slowly slipping away and the sunshine seemed to have already cooled as Elerrina, hand in hand with Celebros, followed Naur, with Quarion beside them or a pace or two behind on the narrow parts.

"It is such a short trip back down!" Elerrina laughed. "It's really not all that far up to the Vale, but the trip down is a lot less work!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 06:30
**Naur almost bounded down the hill, eager to fill his belly.**
**Quarion, seeing that Celebros wanted to speak to Elerrina alone, quickened his pace a little and headed off ahead of them.**

"Ele, I think that it would be best if I went home tomorrow morning, mother didn't make it up here which means that she must have ended up with a lot of orders. I can't leave her to do all the work on her own, I'd feel too guilty if I did. You don't mind do you love?" he asked
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 08:42
Glancing up at Celebros, Elerrina smiled. "Of course I'd mind! So I'll come with you..." She laughed. "If your mother is that busy, she can use my help, too, perhaps. That is if you don't mind... if you'd like some time away, that is fine, too." She took his hand and they walked farther down the trail. "If she turns out not to need me, I'll probably come back here though, as I do have work I can do here, too... and I don't want you to feel smothered in she-Elves."

She stopped again and smiled up at him. "I really do mean that, m'love. I know you're used to being alone-- you and Naur-- and if you need some time alone, please do tell me. And I will do the same. It need not ever be a problem."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 01:50
"Of course I don't mind my sweet." He smiled "And I'm glad you don't mind me spending time on my own. I think that I might take off for a few weeks in the near future, my feet are itching to go roving once again." **he took her into his arms gently and kissed her lips ever so gently.** "It harder to adapt to a lazy-ish lifestyle than I first thought. I don't think I'll ever be able to settle down properly like most folk do. I think i get it from my father. He and mother were always roving around together, well up until my birth anyway."

[Edited on 10/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 07:09
"That sounds like a plan, then... we'll go help your mother get caught up, then you can go roving whenever you want to. I can help her mind the shop, even though I don't know how to work with metals the way you two do." She looked up at him and smiled. "You are who you are, Celebros... and that is who I love. When you need to get off by yourself, it's something you do need... and I understand. Your mother and I can manage most things by ourselves, I think. And anything we can't... can wait until you return."

They were finally walking down the last hill to reach the main buildings of Mirivanë. Naur had already preceeded them and had already gone inside to get a scent of what might be available for a hungry wolf's dinner. He had long ago learned to open the doors himself...

~~ It smells wonderful in here, Elerrina... your chef has outdone himself again, I think...~~ Naur messaged them.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 07:27
"Thank you my sweet." he smiled

~~Maybe he has Naur, but remember, behave yourself.~~ Celebros replied mentally

**Quarion arrived a few paces behind Naur and he had wandered off upstairs to lock away the precious cocoons before heading off to dinner.**

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 08:35
Dinner that night was served in the usual Mirivane fashion... a variety of fine dishes from several Races' best cuisines. Naur was served in the kitchen in an out of the way area, so as not to interfere with the kitchen staff's work (but still a very tasty dinner for a wolf). Celebros and Elerrina sat with the array of guests: two Dwarves, three Grey Elves passing through from West to East, and two Silvan Elves who were making their way toward the Grey Havens, plus the Drow Archmage and an adventurous Hobbit from the village who wanted to buy a pony.

"Welcome, my fine guests... my friends!" Elerrina said as the food was brought from the kitchen on platters and wine was poured for those who wished it. "It is my pleasure to have you as my guests this night. Please tell us, what news do you bring?"

The Dwarves spoke first... Damen and Hamen, who had journeyed from New Moria, going on about how fine the veins of true silver were in the new mine. "M'Lady Elerrina, you would not believe how brightly shone the light as this new shaft was discovered. Reflected by the sheen of even the rough ore, it was as if the walls were mirrored and a hundred-- nay, a thousand-- torches were lit! That was mid-summer, and now we have brought you this small token of our affection and our thanks..."

He held out to her a small pendant on a wisp of a chain, delicately shaped as a wood violet and two leaves tied with a tiny ribbon, all of Mithril. It was workmanship not to be seen except in a few places in this Age. As the lamp and candlelight glittered on the lovely gift, Elerrina gasped slightly. Damen and Hamen came around the table to place it around her neck themselves, and Celebros could see the adoring puppy-dog eyes they gave her as she stooped so they could secure the chain.

"Hannad, mellyn nin! Thank you both so very, very much... it is so beautiful..." She leaned to kiss each of them on his cheek, and winked quickly to Celebros, who was smiling to see his lady the object of such a crush as these two had for her. "As you can see," she told them, "it will be close to my heart, always."

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 02:32
**At the mention of mithril Celebros' attention perked up a little.**

"You mentioned that you discovered a several new veins of what sounds like very high quality mithril, my two young friends. What would it cost a small armoury to purchase some of this true silver from your folk. Mithril is becoming harder and harder for my mother and I to obtain and thus it is inturn becoming harder and harder to run our little armoury in the Shire. We were starting to dread that the demand for Mithril would soon oustrip the supply." Celebros said

**Quarion kept his eyes low, so as to avoid any dirty looks from the other elven guests.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 12:06
Damen and Hamen looked at each other, then at Celebros. They put their heads together for a quick conference.

"Well, my frrriend," Damen said, rolling his 'r's. "This is indeed a fine vein, of verrry high quality, and we believe we will have a small amount to sell. Perrrhaps you and Lady Elerrrrina would like to come a visit New Morrria. We will sell only to Elves that we know, and we do *he paused and sighed, looking puppy-dog-eyed at Ele again* enjoy the company of this lovely lady. In rrrreturrn forrr herrr hospitality, we will sell to you, Masterrr Celebrrros, as well. You may come visit with her, if you will."

Hamen had been sitting, listening to his brother. Unable to take his eyes from Elerrina's face, he simply nodded obligingly. Elerrina smiled in a friendly way at him, and he colored from his neck to the roots of his hair. Damen nudged him, and he said, "Oh, yes, Lady Ele... please come. And your frrriend, too, of course!" Hamen blushed even brighter.

Elerrina laughed. "We would love to come see you, and the mine too, if that's all right. We don't want to intrude, but I would love to see it." She touched her new pendant gently and both Dwarves bowed and smiled.

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 02:16
"Thank you very much, would I be able to bring my mother along with me as it is she who controls the finances of out little armoury. I would llike to know also how you prefer to be paid, In gold, in weapons and armour or with items of a more magical nature. When would be the best time for us to visit." Celebros said excitedly, the discovery of a new vein or two or more of mithril was some of the best news he had, had in months. He could get back to making the more potent magical rings, the magic took to mitrhil better than any other metal, with the odd exception of course.

**Quarion left the table early and retiired to the relative dark and quiet of the library. He was starting to wish that Elruwen hadn't gone back to the Armoury he enjoyed the long intellectually challenging talks and debates they had on most evenings.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 08:06
As Hamen seemed still relatively tongue-tied, Damen answered again. "I think we would preferrr to trrrade for some magical items, or perrrrhaps some Elven quality fitted armour. Therrre are still Orrrcs in a few of the tunnels... and in otherrr places we are explorrring." Hamen nodded encouragingly, but left the decisions to his brother and his eyes on Elerrina's face.

Damen was cautious about speaking too freely in front of the other guests. The exact location of the mine's entrance was shared only with a few of other Races; he would make sure that the owners of the Armoury knew when and where to come... Elerrina, too. Gold the Dwarves could obtain, but magical items were beyond their ken.

"Yes," Damen nodded, "many of ourrr businesses are family businesses, too. Your mother is a well rrrrespected mage... she is welcome, too."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 03:52
"Very well. What sort of magical items do you dwarven folk prefer? Rings, potions, scrolls, Ioun Stones, quivers, sheaths... I tell you what you give me a list of the sort of itmes you would like and my mother and I will see what we can come up with."

**he took hold of Elerrina's hand discretely and smiled at her**

"Mother is going to be thrilled when we tell her the news."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 08:39
Elerrina smiled at Celebros and laughed softly. "She should be very pleased! It's not often the Dwarves are looking for new suppliers for their needs. And to get them to even let us come visit... that is fantastic!"

Her mind jumped back a few years earlier when she had been into Moria in pursuit of a kidnapped friend. They had rescued him, but she and Anoron had sustained a few wounds in the large guard room at the 'Elvish' gate, before fleeing to the White City again with their friend. Now, the old Moria mine was nearly mined out of mithril, thus a new area had been pursued for the one metal that truly delighted the eye of every Race. And they had found it...

Mithril!!

The chance to get more of it to work warmed Celebros' heart... almost as much as Elerrina did! He stroked her hand as the two brothers spoke, heads close together, and agreed to put together a list of their needs.

"If m'Lady Elerrina is willing, we will be back in a month with our desires and a few samples of the New Moria's output." Damen said, smiling at her. She smiled back. Usually the Dwarves tended to be a bit stiff, but these two were quite easy to be around and even tried to be sweet to her. She smiled at Hamen and he blushed again.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 07:09
"I'll be here waiting my friends as will my mother." Celebros smiled "I can't wait to see this new found mithril

**Naur had long finidhed his dinner and plodded into the dining room, wondering what was taking Celebros so long.**

[Edited on 2/17/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 11:15
Elerrina whispered softly to Celebros, "You might want to bring some samples... things like Ioun Stones, they may not be familiar with. Bring a few things to show them, I know they'll appreciate your thoughtfulness. You may find a market for things that other Races may find passé... erm, 'old hat'. In fact, if you have anything interesting on your person, you might show them...?"

At the sight of the black wolf, Damen and Hamen sat very still. "Lassie, there's a wolf in your dining room..." Damen said, looking slowly toward her. "Do you want me to...?" He said, and put his hand on his knife.

Elerrina quickly put her hand out to stop his! No use startling Naur with waving a knife around. Apparently they hadn't met Naur before. "Oh, no! That is Naur, he belongs to Celebros... they were companions in the Wilds for a very long time. He is no danger to anyone... except himself! He likes my Chef's cooking a little TOO much!" She tried to lighten the tension she felt from the two Dwarves, and Naur helped by walking over to Celebros and putting his head into Celebros' lap. Fortunately, they couldn't hear Naur's mental comment...

~~ Ah, Dwarves... they are so quick to judge... and quaintly parochial at the same time! Send them my greetings, too, Celebros... that will stun them!~~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 03:20
"I have that pearly Ioun Stone, I have my ring, the scimitar that hardly leaves my side and the magic missle wand. I think that the library would be a better place to show them the items though."

**Celebros skritched Naur's head and he yipped happily**

"Damen, Hamen, Naur says hello." he smiled

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 07:45
Damen and Hamen stopped in mid-movement and looked at each other, as if in verification.

"The wolf said what?" Damen questioned, looking quite startled. Hamen looked stunned, indeed. "He... he can speak to the wolf?" Hamen said, slowly. "And the wolf can speak back?"

Their heads swiveled in unison to look again at the black wolf with his head in Celebros' lap. Naur was still getting skritched, though, and he ignored them. Celebros stopped rubbing and got ready to rise, to go to the library to show the items he happened to have on his person.

"Yes, gentlemen, I can and he can!" He said as he rose to his feet. "Would you like to go to the library to see the things I have on me?" He drew his scimitar, and it shimmered and glinted in the candlelight softly. At their nods, he started out, with the two Dwarves trailing... and keeping a watch on Naur as they left.

"Erm, Celebros... is it safe for us... umm... smaller people around him?" Damen asked as Naur started to follow toward the door.

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 09:04
((OOC: you should turn the dwarf pair into full PCs, they are too sweet to ignore ))

**Celebros sheathed his scimitar again.**

"Yes its perfectly safe for you small folk to be around him. Unless he's in the heat of battle he is no more dangerous than a young puppy...Your a big pup at heart aren't you Naur?" he laughed

**Naur nodded and yipped happily**

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 05:16
The two Dwarves followed Celebros to the library, with Naur preceeding them and Elerrina following up on the rear. She trailed along just out of curiosity more than anything, wondering how they would all get along. Most Elven folk weren't too fond of Dwarves, but Celebros seemed to hold no grudges. Nor did Hamen and Damen, for their part. However she knew Dwarves weren't always easy to get along with, so she followed... also knowing these two liked her enough to be polite and generous if she was there.

Celebros took his scimitar from it's sheath again, and put it on the table under the light in the center of the room. Then he took his ring off and added two other items, too. An Ioun stone that shimmered with all the beauty of a large white pearl, and a wand of magical purpose. He gave the Dwarves several minutes to look over the items, then he started explaining each briefly...

The Dwarves were fascinated by the Ioun Stone, what it could do, and very surprised at how much they cost until they were told what the process was for making them... NOT an easy task!

(('Ruwen... you'll have to do the explaining on the wand, ring and scimitar, cuz I don't know about them!!))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 03:46
((OOC: its fine with me ))

"Well the blade here is quite a unique story. When it deals a particularly leathal blow, it lets of a loud sonic burst, only audible to the victim, in most cases the victim's eardrums are burst. When this happens one of the tiny gems in the blade itself looses its lustre. As you can see over half of the gems have been used. The blade has a keen edge and is wrought of a mixture of steel and mithril, so that the enchantment would take to the blade and so that the runes holding the enchantment would not wear away as the weapon aged."

**He handed the blade to them hilt first and let them oggle at it**

"The wand looks like nothing more than a finely crafted stick, I know but the power is contained in the carvings and core of it. The wand is activated by a command word, sometimes it is carved in as a word, sometimes a cryptic rhyme of even as a cryptic image. If you look closely you will see the image of a shooting star. It looks somewhat like a fire ball yes? It is that image which gives the spell away, its a wand of fireball and the command word I will not speak because I do not want to burn the house down. A freshly made wand contains fifty charges of the relevant spell and once the last spell is expended the wand becomes no more useful than a decorative stick."

**he handed them the wand, making sure that they didn't see where the command word was carved into the wood. He didn't want them activating it while there were inside.**

"Now to the subject of the ring. This is one of a pair, the other I have left at home. The pair are known as flame tongue and ice knife, this is ice knife. If you look closely you will see a blueish hue swirl within the metal itself, that it the spell energy. Trapped forever inside the metal band, unlike the wand, the spell will not fade away after 50 uses. When the command word is spoken ice knife releases a ray of frost at its target, depended upon the power of the creator and the mental power of the ring's wielder depends on how strong the ray of frost will be. It can do anything from cause a light frost on an item to completely freezing a small pond or freezing foes to the spot. Highly recomended for use on heat loving foes. It hurts them twice as much as it would a normal creature. The same applies to the use of flame tongue on cold loving creatures."

**he smiled and handed them the ring to look at as well**

"What do you think of them my friends?"

[Edited on 2/26/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 09:39
Hamen and Damen hung on every word as Celebros explained each of the wonderous items. They were pleased and delighted that he let them look at and even touch them. They mumbled to each other as they looked, heads together, beards bobbing up and down as they talked and nodded. They handled the items as if they would bite... as indeed they could, if handled carelessly or ignorantly! They finally turned to look at Celebros again, their voices gruff as usual but respectful.

"Master Celebrrrros," Damen started out, rolling his r's and spraying a bit. "We arrre quite pleased with the combination of function and beauty in all that we've seen. You arrrre a crrraaaftsman and an arrrrtist as well! Ourrrr precious Mithrrrilll is on good hands when you worrrrk with it, aye!"

Hamen nodded vigorously to agree, making the braids in his beard flop about like fish out of water.

Celebros had a hard time not laughing, but he was able to contain all but a broad smile which he promptly attributed to their praises. "I am so pleased you appreciate the high quality and lovliness of real Noldor artistry in metalcraft... specially imbued with magical properties, gentlemen. My mother will be equally pleased to know you are interested in what we have to offer. What in particular interests you?"

Hamen looked at Celebros with a hopeful twinkle in his eye. "Yourrr mother, laddie... she is now a widow, aye? I have hearrd it told of herrr beauty, as well as herrr skill in the arrrrcane. I don't suppose she would happen to be a... well, a short Elf, now would she?" He blushed wildly as he asked, but it was plain he wanted an answer.

Elerrina smiled, but kept quiet.
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email