Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rudhfeniel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Least Favorite Line from FOTR
on: August 22, 2002 08:02
My least favorite line is at the end when Aragorn is saying all that stuff about sticking together, and the quest has not failed, and all taht other cheesy sappy stuff. It was way too much.
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 08:05
*Hirilear's head pops in* I...I meant to do that! I did that on purpose, to illustrate my point! *nods her head violently* Yeah...I meant to do that! :blush:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 08:22
My least favorite line is at the end when Aragorn is saying all that stuff about sticking together, and the quest has not failed, and all taht other cheesy sappy stuff. It was way too much.

yes! yes! I really don't like that last line... 'Let's hunt some orc'

but I said that before, didn't I?
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 10:22
*Trig has decided that 'Let's Go Hunt Some Orc' is really Figgy's favorite line...*

c'est la vie. Though I'm not really one to talk, as I have a tendency to complain about the Crebain from Dunland line.

Oh, just to bring a bit of positivity to this otherwise negativo thread...something that used to bother me has now been endeared into my heart. When Leggo says "The horn of Gondorrrrrr!!" The r's used to bother me. No longer!
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2002 04:33
you know what i have just noticed.

u knoow when frodo gets stabbed by the cave troll. they say Oh no. he is alive

and now i cant watch it without laughing
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 04:36
At the Prancing Pony, when Strider asks Frodo: "Are you frightened? ... Not nearly frightened enough - I know what hunts you."

Well, after having two close encounters with a giant cloaked thing and barely escaping capture from it once, I would say Frodo was "frightened enough" and had a fairly good idea of what was hunting him, too. The only thing he didn't know about the Nazgul were the specifics. I'm sure he understood they were evil.

The line just seems misplaced, or unnecessary. Maybe it's just me.
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 09:56
My least favorite line was when Legolas said:
"Something is the air" sounds like he is saying Santander! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
All my friends make fun of it :cry: :cry:
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 04:59
Viggo's accent seems to come and go. At the Council of Elrond when he says to Boromir "you can not control the ring, no one can" (or something like that) his voice has this high pitch nasal quality that reminds me of Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Animir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2002 11:31
The line that really drives me mad is Boromirs: "Gondor has no king, Gondor needs no king!"
Pf, he sounds just like a child.

An other thing that really bothers me is at the council of Elrond. Elrond talks like he is really bored. "You've been summond here to face the treath of Mordor" Yeah, he really sounds consurned. Not!

Actually I liked most of Legolas his lines. Perhaps because there are so few, every time he opens his mouth I am just listning to his beauriful voice and not really to his words.

I also noticed the "have a bath, Legolas"- line and I loved it
Trignifty
Send Message
on: August 30, 2002 03:22
When elrond says "Strangers from distand lands..."

He sounds drunk. I swear he does. Drunk or stoned. take your pick. But somethin's up with that boy.
Pippin12
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2002 04:06
um i really don have a least favourite line.....but the one that really get's on my nerves is that Bilbo says "yes,yes" to much.

-Pippin
Animejunky2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2002 04:22
I'm sorry but I never did agree with Arwen taking Glorfindel's spot, and her quote to the Nazgul:
"If you want him, come and claim him."

seemed really cheezy and really out of character (I like following the book). And it just seemed really dumb to have a prissy elf princess trying to intimidate the Black Riders.
whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2002 05:50
I'm sorry but I never did agree with Arwen taking Glorfindel's spot, and her quote to the Nazgul:
"If you want him, come and claim him."

seemed really cheezy and really out of character (I like following the book). And it just seemed really dumb to have a prissy elf princess trying to intimidate the Black Riders.

Yeah that was different.....
Earwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 06:57
Well, appart from Arwen and Celeborn, I do not like the way Sam says in Moria: Oh no. He is alive. Sounds terrible.

I also do not like Elrond's line: Bring forward the ring, Frodo! or something like that. Frodo never did that in the book and he would not do it. And Gimli trying to destroy the ring... :angry:

Yeah, and Boromir knowing who Aragorn is!
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 07:05
The line that really drives me mad is Boromirs: "Gondor has no king, Gondor needs no king!"
Pf, he sounds just like a child.

An other thing that really bothers me is at the council of Elrond. Elrond talks like he is really bored. "You've been summond here to face the treath of Mordor" Yeah, he really sounds consurned. Not!

Actually I liked most of Legolas his lines. Perhaps because there are so few, every time he opens his mouth I am just listning to his beauriful voice and not really to his words.

I also noticed the "have a bath, Legolas"- line and I loved it

Wait a minute who says "have a bath Legolas?"
Earwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 08:04
Aragorn says Sit down, Legolas! in Elwish to Legolas and it sounds funny. Er, I think this is what all the people are laughing about...
Figwit
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 09:52
Viggo's accent seems to come and go. At the Council of Elrond when he says to Boromir "you can not control the ring, no one can" (or something like that) his voice has this high pitch nasal quality that reminds me of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

LOL, Alvin!!!! I looooooooove the Chipmunks!

actually, his voice does get really annoying from time to time

his accent changes didn't bother me so much
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 10:20
someone may have said this already but I don't think so...this always just gets on my nerves and I can't belive no one ever really notices this...at Bilbo's birthday party when he's giving his speech and says ''Today is my onehundred and eleventh birthday'' he sounds incredibly intoxicated...I didn't know if this was done on purpose or what...but the rest of his speech is fine...just that part sounds like he's been laying under the barrel with his mouth open all night.
Figwit
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 10:33
someone may have said this already but I don't think so...this always just gets on my nerves and I can't belive no one ever really notices this...at Bilbo's birthday party when he's giving his speech and says ''Today is my onehundred and eleventh birthday'' he sounds incredibly intoxicated...I didn't know if this was done on purpose or what...but the rest of his speech is fine...just that part sounds like he's been laying under the barrel with his mouth open all night.

I looooooooooove how he kinda says it too fast and stumbles over the r's and l's

it's wonderful!

sorry VoS
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 06:09
...at Bilbo's birthday party when he's giving his speech and says ''Today is my onehundred and eleventh birthday'' he sounds incredibly intoxicated...I didn't know if this was done on purpose or what...but the rest of his speech is fine...just that part sounds like he's been laying under the barrel with his mouth open all night.

I noticed that too....hmmm....one hundred and eleven is a big number to say.....

*wonders if PJ was using real alcohol for the party*
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2002 07:51
My least favorite line is during the wizard battle, when Saruman has both staffs and is spinning Gandalf around on his head.

" You have selected the way of..... PAIN!!!"

That line irritates me every time.
BigAl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2002 11:51
Although I hate to say it my worst lines would have to be all of Legolas' as he does seem to have a gift of stating the obvious.
(sorry about my spelling!)
I also don't like the way Gimli says "we must get out of here these woods are perilous" (or simillar), it makes him sound like a dalek. (dr. who anyone?)
And "let's hunt some orc!" IS really bad!

[Edited on 11/9/2002 by BigAl]
Trignifty
Send Message
on: September 11, 2002 05:03
"Orcs!"

"Goblins!"

Thank you cap'n obvious. We thought hobbits came in and shot up the joint. Clarification is always nice.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: September 19, 2002 01:01
I'll agree that Gimli's lines when he first arrives in Lorien are awful! They all sounds pretty canned and maybe could improve if John Rhys-Davies spoke them a little more carefully...but the number 1 more cringe-able line in the entire movie is Celeborn..."Tell Me Where Is Gandalf.......(5min pause) for I much Desire....blah blah blah.." I mean he really looked the part but come on!
Airetasarë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2002 04:48
That whole "Doom" thing, like I heard it every 30 secs during the council of elrond, "you are all DOOMED to this one DOOM at Mt. DOOM, lol, ect..."
And ofcourse Celeborns whole 3 lines, he shouldn't talk at all, lol.
1 More: the words Let them come was a huge line in the first two movies, y? i don't know, kinda makes me mix up Gimli with Theoden....:dizzy:
Yuna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2002 11:46
urg
i hate the line by frodo, when hes talking to galadriel in Lothlorien:
"what will i see"
urg!:cry:
thats a terrible line, it makes him sound a bit dim.:cry::dizzy:
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: September 21, 2002 11:51
I think Elijah concentrated a lot on saying all of his lines with the right kind of accent....that line though, might have been a little too careful. He kind of said it in manner of celeborn speech...
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2002 11:08
Well this isn't my least favorite line but it always makes me laugh. In the Mines of Moria Gandalf says "when in doubt follow your nose". I always expect Tocan Sam from the Fruit Loops cereal box to come swooping in.
Seraphin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 01:48
"if you want him, come and claim him"

Oh, how much I love that line... I'm not sure if it's in the book to, didn't had the chance to read it in english yet...
Seraphin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 01:49
and least favorite... well... let me think... the lines Elrond says at the council, I don't like that part much...
Elénserkë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 02:49
Elrond: "Welcome to Rivendell... Frodo Baggins." :cry:

He may as well be Agent Smith welcoming Mr. Anderson!!! "Welcome to Rivendell... Mr. Anderson!" :cry::cry:
IsariaErendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 01:13
My least fave line is when Elronds talking to the fellowship and he says "you should cast it back in to the firery chasm from whence it came" its kinda cheesy too and he seems to stick on the lines ,but dont get me wrong i adore Elrond and the film i love it all:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::love:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 02:03
I've got another one! The part in the Prancing Pony when Frodo asks Barliman who 'that man in the corner' was. And Barliman Butterbur answers: 'He's one of them Rangers.'
Just something about the way he said it... I expected Aragorn to pull out his cowboy hat and say something Clint Eastwood-ish before riding into the sunset.
Actually, this line wasn't so bad, just a bit out-of-place.
The_Lady_of_the_Wood
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2002 12:27
"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Frodo Baggins"

That lines just gets under my skin whenever I hear Elrond saying it.
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2002 11:22
I've said it so many times you guys are probably rolling your eyes now and are quoting me in a mocking manner,...but I hate when Arwen says, " ..And to that I hold. I would rather...," blah, blah,
I just hate her voice, it sounds unnatural to me. Sometimes Aragorn's voice sounds weird, too. I also have a slight problem when Galadriel says, " I know what it is you saw..." She sounds kind of all creepy- like.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email