Register

<< First3839404142Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: February 02, 2004 11:49
((OOC: welcome back Mith, How do you think the exams went? I know i've got at least two resits from this batch.))

**Quarion rolled over and started hurling into the bucket.**

"Ele, is there anything we can do for Quarion? He seems to have taken a rather nasty turn." Celebros said

((OOC2: all we need now is for killy to come back and we have a full house-ish))
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 09:07
Perathion measured the newcomer curiosly.She seemed to know Kyran well..[b][/b]very well.As well as Elerrina.He greeted her with a nod and then said "I don't believe we've met.Iam Perathion Carnesir,one of the newer Archers.Its a pleasure to meet another ally.I trust you are one of Archers too?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 05:03
The starting match between Sauron and Wolf ended with Sauron leaping at Wolf, and the two of them rolling across the floor, Sauron winning. Wolf tried to ward of the licks and remove the massive bulk from his chest. He was successful at neither. Eventually Sauron removed himself and settled for a scratch behind the ears. Wolf returned his attention to the dark elf.

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 12:18
Envinye smiled at Perathion's formal introduction with curiosity. Then after a moment spoke.
"Greetings Perathion I am no archer. I am Envinye mistress of 'The hanging horsemen' and of random road wonderings."

Elerrina a funny noise at her last comments. "You wonder too much my old friend!"

"You seem a very formal young fellow Perathion. And formality is something that is abandonded at the door of this establishment." Envinye pecked Kyran on the cheek and flew behind the bar to make her first drink back at the horseman. After rattling around the bottles Envinye brought out a sun set pink mixture.
"Here drink this and may you loosen up!"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 07:11
Elerrina smiled at Envinye's comment, but looked at Perathion and winked. "You will want to be a little wary of Envinye's magical drinks, mellon nin. She is a wanderer, yes... but she has a magical touch with her liquors, as does Kyran by the way, and her 'random wanderings' usually entail some sort of adventure... which we have yet to hear about. A situation I hope she will soon remedy."

While Elerrina was speaking to Envinye, she was trying to ignore the wretching coming from the Drow. He finally finished, though, and she went to the bar and brought back some water for him... pushing the bucket away (for obvious reasons)."Quarion... drink some water... just a little, or at least rinse your mouth out. Are you feeling any better?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 02:27
"Somewhat better but still pretty rotten thank you Elerrina. I think I'm going to crawl into a dark corner and sleep the rest of this off."
**he managed to drag himself to his feet and wobbled out side carrying the bucket with him...He made the mess therefore he would clean up**

"I'm going to send Naur to keep an eye on him...and to keep him out of the kitchen." Celebros said to Elerrina
**Naur reluctantly followed Quarion out. To make sure nothing else happened.**
"What brings you out here?" Celebros asked Perathion "Either way its good to see you again mellon nin."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 06:42
Perathion smiled at Mithrodwen's comment and said "Iam only formal with people I don't know.Guess I was raised that way."
Then he heard Elerrina talk about her magical touch with liquors and adventurous nature."Thats all just as well.We need a stiff one now and then to prevent us from getting stiff ourselves!",he joked.

"What brings you out here?",Celebros said,"Either way its good to see you again mellon nin." Perathion smiled and tapped him on the shoulder "Thanks mellon nin,same here!Well,I heard about this place from one of you,I don't remember who,but never had the time to come and see it.Now that I got time-here I am!",he replied cheerfully."Though I had no idea I'd come just after an orc raid..",he said with an ironic half-grin.
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 10:27
Kyran still was silent; he helped Envinye make up the drinks and then put his arm around her and kissed her.
"I never was one with words" he smiled "I hope this says what I could not"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 01:05
"We don;t even know why the orc raid took place. Its very very unusual for such events to happen. Once Quarion's recovered enough to think straight he might be able to tell us something about the raid. We'll just have to wait and see. How is Avaya and the rest of your family back in Harlond?" Celebros asked

**Quarion cam back in and retreated to a dark corner of the pub to sleep off the remaining effects of the poison and the braeg.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 05:57
"Avaya and the others are fine,thank you.I asked her to come with me,but she preferred staying home and doing things with mother.They are really getting along.",he answered smiling.

As Quarion came in and lay down in a dark corner,Perathion asked Celebros quietly"What happened to him?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 07:16
"Firstly he had a few drinks too many so he went for a walk to clear his head, the next thing we knew was that we were rudely awakened from our slumber by the attack. We looked out of various windows to see what was going on and well we saw Quarion tied up like bagage and slung over the back of a waarg. The had managed to poison him as well, thats why he was in a pretty bad way when you arrived. None of us have the foggiest as to why we were attacked, why they wanted Quarion and why if they wanted him, poisoned him. Once he's recovered we're hoping he could tell us a little bit more, the attack from his perspective." Celebros replied

**Quarion was soon in the deep medative trance that passed off as sleep for the elven peoples. There was the odd snoring like noise as well as the odd hiss from the viper. The pair were oblivious to the rest of the world around them.**

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 05:08
"Whatever the reason, Quarion was in a very bad way. The poison may have just been an accident on the part of the Orcs... perhaps they didn't know that's how it would affect him. It may have been a sleeping potion or something like that, perhaps..." Elerrina said thoughtfully. "I guess we'll just have to wait until he wakens." She leaned her head against Celebros, "I'm just glad everyone (except the Orcs) is all right, and Quarion will be..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 06:04
"I'm glad as well. Perhaps it was a sleeping draught, but we won't find that out now will we...I don't know if Quarion knows himself what was in that potion." **he kissed her head gently**

**Naur settled down to sleep at Perathion's feet unlike the elves here he strongly objected to being deprived of his minium eight hours sleep a day**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 09:21
Perathion smiled at Naur and stroked him gently a few times on the back as the black wolf lay down to sleep before his feet."Poor fellow.Didn't get much sleep,eh.",he said sympathetically.Then he continued talking with Celebros and Elerrina."It seems that someone is after Quarion.Have you any idea who could it be?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 01:18
Wolf looked down to Naur at Perathion's feet, and thought to himself, I could do with sleep to, this caught me in bed to. Slowly he tuned himself back in to the conversation.

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 02:17
"You look tired Wolf." Celebros commented "Why don't you see if Evinye has a spare room you could use for what's left of the night."

**he turned back to Perathion**

"Naur's getting old, he's not as active as he used to be. The poor fellow's starting to go grey as well. As for who's after Quarion I wouldn't know, unless it has somehthing to do with the life he left behind. Perhaps someone has a vendetta against him, who knows because I sure as heck don't"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 08:19
The grey of dawn was slowly changing to rose, then orange then the few puffy clouds turned as white as the sheep that pastured in the Shire and Bree.

Elerrina stood up. "I wonder what the ground outside will tell us, anyone want to come look with me? I'm also going to get my arrows. Wolf? Celebros? Kyran?" She slipped into her cloak, for the morns were still quite chilly of late. "Envinye, mellon, would you please make us some fresh coffee? It has been a long night, and one very short of rest!"

She slipped past the haunted armour (whose ghost was not yet awake apparently) and went out the main door. Around her were many dead Orcs, and a few dead Wargs, but in the morning sun, they seemed to shimmer and fade. As she watched most faded away... she ran to the door of the pub.

"You have to see this," she called to the others, "the dead Orcs are... disappearing... like magic! Come look!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 10:46
"They're what?!" Celebros exclaimed
**he rushed towards the door and tripped over Naur in the process. Naur growled in an angry tone, he didn't like being woken up.**

"Owww....." Celebros groaned

**Quarion started to stir in his little dark corner.**
"What's going on?...." he mumbled

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:17
Wolf ran to the door vaulting the half-awake Naur. Stepping out behind Celebros, he watched some of the last few disappear So much for resting. He moved quickly over to were one of the orc's had lay. "They sure hit hard for apparitions... and they left marks were they fell.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 04:55
"It must have something to do with the dawn," Elerrina said. "They are just now disappearing, and they certainly shot real enough arrows! Does anyone see any clues to who their Master is, if they have one?"

She was still amazed at such goings on. Only once before had she experienced such a thing... when she and Envinye, then called Fiend, had battled wolves all night, only to find not even a bloody arrow the next morning. The arrows were laying there, spent but clean. She shook her head, and looked to the others. "Quarion is the only one who might know what and why this happened. Has anyone seen him today?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:07
"Amazing!" exclaimed a stunned Perathion."This all looks like the work of a great sorcerer..it seems like someone created these orcs like ghosts.."
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 06:05
kyran looked in amazement at the arrows lying around on the ground
"now this is somthing not even I have seen before" he exclaimed quite surprised.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 01:02
"I think Quarion's still curled up in his now not so dark corner otherwise he's crawled into the celler to hide away from the light, you know how much he hates the light." Celebros replied, as he picked himself up off the floor "In the meantime shall we gather up our arrows?"

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 09:19
Elerrina looked around at Celebros, then started picking up her arrows. "You know, we have had several strange things happen very recently: Quarion shows up out of the blue, and Envinye shows up after a long absence, then the Orcs show up. We haven't had Orcs around here, not ones who wanted to kill us anyway, for a long time! Surely there is some connection... somewhere!!... in these circumstances. The Orcs didn't try to kidnap me or you, Celebros, or Kyran... just Quarion. Thank Eru that Wolf and Perathion showed up, too!! I'm not sure we could have rescued Quarion without them." She stood very still for a minute, thinking, then tucked her arrows into her Elhonna quiver again. "Do you suppose they could have been after Fiend? Could they have thought Fiend was a him? "
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 11:14
"Perhaps, I don't know and I don't understand why...I also don't like things I don't understand. Do you htink we should wake Quarion up to see what he makes of it all?" Celebros replied, but directed the question at everyone present
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 06:26
"How about just putting him into a regular room we can lock... just to keep him safe. Or even put him in the storeroom if he won't do a 'killjoy' in there and drink everything in sight... and he doesn't seem to be that sort. I think we all need to get some rest while there is still some 'tonight' left to rest in. I am very curious as to what he thinks, but he needs some time to recover, too." Elerrina looked around. "What do you all think?" She gave Celebros a tired smile, "I wouldn't mind going upstairs with you and catching a few winks..."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 02:35
"As for me,I dont need no sleep,but I could use some food and ale and a place to rest my bones." Perathion answered.He felt a bit weary from all the riding,but he had gotten more sleep than his friends.He looked at Elerrina and then Envinye "You dont have to serve me if you are too tired, I can help myself,dont worry about that."
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 08:26
"You dont have to serve me if you are too tired, I can help myself,dont worry about that." Perathion said to Envinye as he entered the pub once more with everyone else.

"I am not tired in the least just say what it you desire and I shall make it. For the rest of you my friends the rooms are prepared merely take a key." she motioned with her hand to the keys that lay on the bar top. "If there is any thing else you wish for please just ask and it shall be sent up to your rooms." she smiled gracefully at her guests.

As her friends took the keys she asked. "What did you find outside?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 08:27
"A spare room would be wonderful, if there is one available." With the adrenalin from the combat and discovery warring off, wolf wondered how long he could stay awake without activity.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 04:19
"Nor would I my sweet." he smiled "Back to the subject of Quarion, I don't know where he's gone I think we should just leave him to it. He has a volatile personality as we already know I don't want to put him in a bad mood." Celebros replied to Elerrina.

**turning to Envinye he spoke**

"The dead orcs turned out to be some form of illusion, they dissapeared completely as if nothing had happened what so ever."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 10:03
"Why thank you.",Perathion replied at Envinye's words."Hmm,whats the best ale you got?",he asked.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by maeghin]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 10:40
"Hmm," Elerrina said softly. "Apparitions and disappearing Wargs, kidnapping... surely this is the work of a Wizard! Perhaps there is some past malice held against Quarion, or some competitive contest of wills going on. For him to be drugged and dragged off like a sack of feed is NOT the usual way of settling an argument in this area of the Shire!" She was quite mystified at such goings on, and curiously awaited Quarion's return to consciousness to explain what was going on. She shook her head in wonder. "Well, goodnight, all..."

She took Celebros' hand as he offered it to her and they went upstairs to one of the rental rooms. It was plain but clean and comfortable. She sighed and readied herself for bed... the long night was telling, and she was ready to rest a few hours.

"Goodnight, love," she whispered to Celebros and closed her eyes.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 12:46
"Goodnight my sweet." he whispered in reply before slipping into the medative trance that passed as sleep for the elven peoples.

**meanwhile Quarion had started to emerge from the celler looking for something that might clear his pounding headache.**

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 12:34
(( OOC sorry I've not been much on the boards but I am really lousy again in health but I'm ten times better today than I was monday I'm just not allowed out of bed... not too bad a deal then ))

"Bloody Orc
Virgin Ring Wraith
Troll Tropicana
Wicked Pan Wallop
Saucy Saruon

And we also have the best selection of drwaven ale, wines from human cities of Rohan and Gondor. As well the local ale which is lightly refreshing or I could mix something speacail." Envinye recited and winked sweet dreams to her close friends who slipped off to sleep. Kyran on the other hand came behind the bar slidding and kissed his lady's hand and stood with her silently.

'my love what you do not say in words I feel in my heart' Her voice echoed in his mind as she gripped his hand with a soft smileplaying on her lips

"So Perathion what does your thrist hunger for?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 03:02
Perathion grinned at Envynie."Well,thats really an interesting selection you got.Its hard to choose.But I think I'll go for Troll Tropicana..and then one of those human wines,I've never tried them before and I heard they are good.",he replied.
<< First3839404142Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email