Register

<< First4041424344Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: March 26, 2004 02:52
"So would you like to recount in detail last night's battle for me please." Elruwen said

**Celebros told her the story**

"That is very, very odd indeed and what was Quarion's reasoning behind it?"

"You would have to ask him mother." Celebros replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 03:56
Elerrina and Celebros went in, and Elerrina remembered to caution Elruwen about the haunted armour. It twitched as the trio went by, but the axe did not fall. She breathed a sigh of relief; the armour was quirky... you never knew if you would be ignored or sabotaged.

Elerrina paused and said softly to it, "You had better[u][/u] behave!! I will have Quarion take you to the outhouse and throw you in, then cast a spell on you to keep you there forever! No more polishing, no more admiration, just a bunch of sh... !! Well, you get the picture, I hope!"

The armour seemed to shiver momentarily, and Elerrina went on by and sat with the others, who had been talking while she was explaining the 'facts' to the occupant of the armour. "Did I miss anything?" She asked.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 04:44
"Not much" Quarion said "I was just telling Elruwen what I thought of the entire situation and we stopped to listen to you yellling at the armour's inhabitant."

"It does seem like a very odd situation indeed, I can't understand it but I'm sure I have something in one of my books. However I don't think we should rule out the possibility of Quarion's rival taking on unlife." Elruwen said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 02, 2004 05:33
"Then your hearing is good, indeed, my friend!" She smiled at the Drow. "I was speaking rather softly actually... using the old expression 'talk softly, but carry a big stick'... and I didn't think you'd mind me using your magic strengths to keep that... ah, ghost... in line! There have been times when Naur has lost more than a little of his fur to the cranky occupant of that armour! And it seems to try hardest on newcomers or the unaware... I still remember the first time I came across this place. I was looking for a neighbor's dog, and that rusty old suit of armour went after me!"

She gave the armour another glare, then turned back and smiled. "That should keep it well behaved a while."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 09:57
"Well he's not so rusty no so I'm guessing he mood has improved a little since you fist met him." Elruwen laughed

"Speaking of my accute hearing it is something common to my people. If it wasn't so accute you would notbe able to hear the skittering of spiders across a stone floor, the clicking of a hook horror's beak, the breying of the subterranean rothe or the warning snort a Shadow Dragon give before it breathes its corrosive breath on its intended victim. I suppose this makes up for our very poor light vision though." Quarion said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 06:20
Elerrina smiled at Quarion. He was rather an odd duck, but she liked him a lot... it was almost like she'd known him before sometime.

"Do you think you can get Quarion back to top shape, Elruwen? Maybe even help him find out who was after him?Are there still any after effects hanging on, Quarion? Elruwen is tops at all things magical..."

The pub was pretty much back to it's usual self, it looked to Elerrina. A few early patrons wandered in for coffee and pastries or "the hair of the dog"... she turned back to Elruwen, Celebros and Quarion.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 12:58
"I'm still a little groggy but tha's probably to be expected from a race that sleep but cannot dream. Elruwen I would be grateful for any magical healing you could give me." Quarion said

"Its not a problem Quarion" Elruwen smiled **she passed him a small vial** "Drink that, its a healing potion, one I brewed so I know it will work."

"We can try scrying for him but scrying on wizards is dangerous even more so if the wizard concerned is a drow." Quarion said

**Celebros threaded his arms around Elerrina's waist**
"How dangerous?" Celebros asked

"One wrong move could result in certain death. Does that answer your question?" Quarion asked "Even so we would have to wait until I have gathered the mental strength required for such a feat."

[Edited on 8/4/2004 by Gilraen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 10:32
Elerrina gasped a little. "Do you mean he can feel you 'scrying' and take some offensive action against you? How can that be?" She leaned back against Celebros' body and sighed, happy in his arms.

One of the 'regulars' came in with a slam of the door, startling Naur who growled loudly, raising his hackles. Kyran called to the Man, "Here, come sit at the bar, my friend..." and the man turned away from the Elves and Drow, walking rather unsteadily. "Coffee and whiskey, strong and black!" He ordered, before turning to look at the group at the table again. Kyran quickly put the order in front of the rather unkempt-looking man, and he turned away.

"Do you think you can help him, 'Ruwen?" Elerrina asked. "Or do we... or you... need to go back to the Armoury?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 02:00
"It is the way of most drow wizards, interfamily warfare and power struggles are the day to day life of a drow back home. You can't walk down any street without the worry of someone stabbing you in the back. As well as the fact that most wizards are paranoid. My rival was no exception well nor was I. I still keep up my mental defenses even though I am so very far from home. A drow wizard's or priestess' mental powers stretch farther than normal magics. I still have the power to view my home with the help of a scrying bowl but I daren't for fear that my location will be dicovered." Quarion replied

"I don't know Elerrina." Elruwen said "We might have to arrange to meet up in the armoury at a later date when I'm not so inundated with orders and commissions."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 04:46
Elerrina nodded and turned to Quarion. "You are welcome to stay at my horse farm, Quarion, for as long as you like. If you don't wish to be around my regular guests, you can stay in one of the small cabins spread around the farm... most are quite usable... or simply keep to yourself." She smiled at him, "Though I think maybe being around other people might be good for you... and I do have interesting guests."

She took a careful look at the Drow's face... he did look like his usual self again. Hopefully no one would suffer any further repercussions from the strange attack. She gave a sigh, suddenly restless. "I think I'll head for the horse farm myself... I have a dozen horses to deliver to Minas Tirith and my Men are down with some illness, so I may have to deliver them myself. My love? I don't know what your work schedule is, if you can come with me, but you are welcome to come with me if you wish..."

((OOC- I now have a 'Significant Other' in my life :love: ... so my weekend will be busy, but I should be back on Monday or Tuesday.))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 08:06
"Thank you for your kindess Elerrina. I hope that my staying won't cause any unrest among your staff and guests." Quarion replied "I'm sure most of them have never heard of drow let alone seen any."

"I'll give it a miss this time I'm afraid my sweet. I've a few commissions waiting for me back in the armoury." Celebros said

"You are right there Celebros." Elruwen added
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 05:44
"Well, I will take care of some preparations today, but I'll be a few days until I'm all ready to go. I'll get a couple of Elves to accompany me... there seem to always be a few heading for that area." She thought for a moment. "Well, since we all have other work to do today, why don't we meet back here at the HH this evening... you, too, Elruwen and Quarion, if you'd like. If they're expecting us, the kitchen here can make a fairly good dinner for us... I'll let them know on my way out."

Celebros stood and she also stood to give Celebros a hug and kiss goodbye. "See you all later! Quarion, you know the way, I believe... follow when you wish; the staff will expect you." She said as she stepped back to the kitchen.

After a couple minutes conversation with the cooks there, they could hear her whistling for Elencara. The mare came running up, followed by Celebros' gelding. She patted her white mare and stroked the handsome chestnut, too. "He'll be along in a bit," she said softly, then sent the same message to Hwest.

Grabbing a bit of mane and the mare's withers, she swung lightly up and whispered to Elencara, "Let's go get ready for a trip, my pretty girl..." With a nod of her head Elencara swung off at a smooth trot, picking up to a canter as she warmed up.

To those in the pub, the sounds of hoofbeats faded. "Can I help you with Hwest, Mother? Or would you like some coffee and a pastry?" Celebros said thoughtfully.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 06:22
"I'm fine thank you Celebros, I ate before I came over. Anyway I think we should set off home. I don't like leaving my forge hot and unnattended for too long." Elruwen replied

"Very well mother." he smiled

**And so Elruwen and Celebros sorted themselve out and headed back to the Armoury. Quarion on the other hand started the walk to Elerrina's horse farm. Being somewhat more cautious than we would have been previously.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 05:19
Celebros mounted the handsome chestnut gelding, who was tending to prance and sidestep a bit with excitement as Celebros saddled him, then slipped a light bridle onto his head.

"Lomin, do calm down," he said as he settled into the saddle. "You know I am not the rider your mistress is..." As he picked up the reins, the dancing horse tossed his head, watching Hwest glide down to the ground so Elruwen could mount. When their direction was discerned, Lomin took off at a strong canter, staying easily up with the flying giant eagle (who wasn't hurrying).

Soon the outskirts of the village came into view, and Lomin slowed to a slow, smooth trot. As they came to a stop in fron of the Armoury, the gelding looked back at Celebros and nodded, as if to say 'that was fun, wasn't it? Let's do more...'

Celebros laughed as he took the saddle and delicate bridle, and put them on the tie rail in front of the building, then went in the front door. "See you this afternoon, late, Lomin."

Lomin's head drooped a bit as Celebros went inside, but he walked toward the hill behind the Armoury where some nice grasses were growing under the trees. The gelding had been told by Elerrina to stay with Celebros and that they would be back at that other place that evening, so he'd eat, then take a good nap... but first a good roll!!

Lomin trotted off...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 12:03
**Quarion eventually made it back to the Horse farm, in a bit of a daze though, his orb vanished at exactly the wrong moment.**

**Meanwhile back at the armoury things continued as normal, the pair of Noldorin mother and son churing out a fair number of magical weapons and suits of armour between them.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 04:54
Once at Mirivana, Elerrina got busy with preparations for her trip with the sold horses. Minas Tirith was many days ride, and she wanted things to go smoothly...

She got Kû from the pasture and told him he would be going... to carry her gear, the food and water, weapons... and to protect her and the other horses, as well. She put him in a box stall with a full hay-net and water, and told a stableboy to check him over carefully and speak to the farrier or horse doctor if needed. Her mare received the same treatment, even though Ele herself looked at her everyday, a new eye might catch something she might have missed.

The manager of horse sales was conversing with two of the trainers, and all three bowed slightly to her as she walked up. She smiled; they were wonderful Elves and Men. They took good care of her farm and her beloved horses, whether she was there or not. She not only paid them very well, but appreciated their steady efforts to improve the horses bloodlines and training, and to sell to only customers who would take good care of their mounts (accidents and wars not withstanding).

"Lady Ele! You are here... good!" The manager of sales began... they all went to sit on a few bales of hay, and talked over which horses were going, how they were trained, who to deliver to...

Preparations had begun.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:24
**Quarion and his orb continued to amble around the farm's grounds, heading back towards the hanging horseman when the sun started to dip below the horizon. In the armoury life continued as normal and once they had packed away and such Elruwen and Celebros also made their way back to the hanging horseman.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 07:37
Elerrina looked at the low-hanging sun, then at the stack of supplies she'd gotten together with the help of several of the staff to fetch and carry for her. The Elhonna packs were set out, but the staff avoided working with them, not understanding the idea of space that was not actually located in the same space they were in... but sort of attached and accessible, anyway. That was all right; Elerrina preferred packing things herself anyway. That way the things she used most would be on top and other items located further down. No matter how much she put in there, the packs weighed about 100 pounds each, so they were no extreme burden for a strong horse like Kû. The day was coming to an end, though, and she was tired and missed Celebros and 'Ruwen... and Quarion, too. A tall, cool ale sounded good; she'd get back to packing the next day.

"I'm off to the Hanging Horseman, gentlemen..." she said with a smile to her helpers. "I'll return tonight, though, and meet you back here tomorrow after breakfast. Good evening to you all!"

Elerrina went out and whistled for Elencara, who was lolling about the pasture gate as if she knew they'd be going out again. Since it was a simple ride to the HH and back, she didn't bother with any tack, but did sling her quiver over her shoulders, and her bow tucked down across her back. Letting the white mare out, she jumped up easily and gave the mare a mental picture of where she wanted to go. With a nicker, the mare was off at a smart trot...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 01:34
**It was a while before Elruwen and Celebros arrived. Hwest was hungry and refused to any further until they had stopped and let him eat. Hwest was taking after Naur, as far as being very picky on what he ate and the like. Once they arrived Hwest went to perch in the tree pointed out to him on his earlier visit. The elven pair found themselves a table and waited for Elerrina and Quarion to arrive.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 08:47
The nicker of the white mare was heard by the customers of the Hanging Horseman before Elerrina appeared at the door. The mare had seen and scented Celebros' gelding and was whinnying a hello. Just as she stepped to the doorway (avoiding the haunted armour, as usual), Quarion ambled across the deserted and nearly bare pasture behind the HH and followed Elerrina into the darkened interior.

Hearing him behind her, Elerrina turned to greet him as they joined the others.

"Quarion! How did your day go? Do you think Mirivanë will be a comfortable place for you to stay for a while?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:23
**Quarion didn't need to worry about doging the armour any the inhabitant was rather scared of him, or rather of the spells he could let off at a meer moment's notice...especially that acid arrow one...**

"I think it will be Elerrina." Quarion replied "The grounds are certainly large enough for me to walk around without fear of scaring people witless and the library is quite shadowy in places so that would make an ideal retreat during the hours of light."

"Welcome back my love." Celebros smiled as Elerrina and Quarion walked in.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 06:35
Elerrina smiled at the sound of his voice and silently walked to his side to greet him with a quick kiss and a hug, as was their habit. "Greetings, my dear, Celebros!" She turned back to Quarion as they all sat down (she next to Celebros) and the barmaid came to take their orders. "That's good, Quarion. If there is anything my staff can do to make you more comfortable, please tell them... or me, if I'm around." She lifted her face to the girl, "I'll have a local ale, the best one... Quarion? Celebros? Would you like anything to eat?"

She glanced around the quiet bar. There were few customers, but it was early yet. "Had anyone seen Envinye lately? I wonder where she's gotten to."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 03:18
"An ale would do me nicely, preferably a dwarven one please." Celebros said

"I'm going to be brave and risk sampling one of the surface world wines and pray that it doesn't have an adverse affect on my stomach." Quarion added

"A good ale will do me fine as for the foods I think we would all benefit from a menu and your recommendations Elerrina."
Jeremy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 10:23
Jeremy walks into the Hanging Horseman Pub. He wore a black hooded cape, concealing all of his body. He slowly removed his hood, revealing brown hair, brown eyes and numerous scars on his face. He sat down at a table and leaned back in the chair, sighing contentedly. Jeremy took his belt off, attached to the belt was his sword in its sheath, he rested the belt, on the floor under him and he took off his cloak, he was wearing travel worn clothes, black pants, a grey shirt and a black vest, and then he took off his quiver of arrows, but left the bow on his back. He sighed once more, relaxing his nerves.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 07:47
The barmaid handed menus around as she brought back the ales and wine, setting them before the appropriate person. The menus read:

*** the current drink list ***
~ Bloody Orc
~ Virgin Ring Wraith
~ Troll Tropicana
~ Wicked Pan Wallop
~ Saucy Saruon
~~ Local Ale from Hobbiton (the best on tap)
~~ Dwarven Ale (on tap)

*** food on service ***
~ Nazgul noodles
~ Demon dessert
~ Dragon stew
~ Orc-burgers (served with torched 'taters)

Sorry, NO lembas available...

*** Ask about the Daily Special !! ***

*** Parties and special requests need 24 hours notice ***

Elerrina knew the limited menu and turned to the others. "I'm not sure what the Daily Special might be, probably something the local Hobbits and Men would also like, meatloaf and potatoes, perhaps, or a meat pie... anyway, the Nazgul Noodles are good, and the Orc-burger isn't made out of Orcs... it's pretty good, too."

She glanced up at the newcomer, then turned away, only to turn back a moment later. "Do I know you?" She asked, a bit puzzled, "You look familiar somehow... and welcome to the Hanging Horseman, since the owner isn't here to welcome you personally."

Elerrina continued to look at him, trying to recall where it was she may have met this young man. The war, she thought to herself... it must have been during the war. Finally, she looked away and back to Celebros, shrugging slightly. It wasn't important, she was just curious...
Jeremy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 06:32
Jeremy looked at the woman standing at his table. "I'll have a ale, please." He studied the woman closely, she seemed to be familiar to him as well...But he could not place it entirely. "you look familiar as well, m'lady." he said with a nod.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 11:58
Elerrina had turned away, but turned back with a sigh. "I know this will bother me until I find out where I knew you from... or remember in the middle of the night, more likely." Her serious look turned into a pleasant smile, relaxing her face and adding to her charm.

"My name is Elerrina Alatariel," she said, offering her hand. "I served with a small Elven troop fighting from Minas Tirith... some friends and I. We were trying to help Faramir hold back all the fearsome creatures that Sauron sent to terrify us. There were many Men and Elves and even a few fearless Hobbits fighting with us... perhaps it was during a battle. I also have some healing skills, though, so I may have stopped to render what aid I could..."

She stopped to look deep into his brown eyes, then took in his tired face, his clothing and his bow and sword. "That is not a horseman's bow, mellon nin... you must have been on foot. Ah well... it will come to me eventually. Did you say your name?" She realized he had not, "If you'll forgive my asking, m'lord." She smiled again, realizing she had already asked quite a bit of this 'stranger'.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 05:43
"Please forgive my rather rude question but how the heck did you manage to get passed the manevolent suit of armour without it trying to decapitate you?" Quarion asked Jeremy

~~I think I'll risk the noodles, and surprise Celebros its might do him good to face something 'unknown' so to speak.~~ Elruwen messaged Elerrina, trying not to interupt the conversation

"Forgive the rest us for not introducing ourselves." Celebros said. "I'm Celebros, this is my mother Elruwen, the black wolf asleep by the bar is Naur and our ebon skinned friend here is Quarion."

**Quarion turned to the barmaid**
"Which of these dishes is the blandest?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 07:34
"Ahh, the Nazgul Noodles are the least spicy... the stew is not too bad, either, but there are little 'dragon fire' peppers added to it, though you can usually pick them out," the young girl answered seriously to Quarion. "Just don't miss any!" She flashed a smile.

"I'll have the Dragon Stew!" Elerrina said enthusiastically, "and another ale to put out the fire..." As Quarion considered, she spoke to the young man again. "If you'd like to join us, please feel free... a new face at the table is always welcome. You can tell us of your adventures." Her eyes lingered over his scarred face again. It must have been some fight to have marred his face that way, she thought to herself.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 08:32
"Hmm I'll try the stew seeing as I haven't a clue what noodles are." Quarion laughed

"I think I'll have another ale as well." Elruwen added "So will Celebros at a guess."
Jeremy
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 03:24
Jeremy took elerrina's hand, "good to meet a brave soul...I am Jeremy Of Gondor...I fought in the battle of the Ring...In a troop of many elves..Hobbits...I could have known you from that troop...I remember being wounded...I remember a woman..Can't place the name.." He said, looking up at Quarion, "I have my ways of getting past things..." He said.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2004 06:07
"I was at the battle as well, I think...I can't remember." Celebros said "But I was certainly at the battle of the Last Alliance."

"As was I." added Elruwen
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 04:15
Elerrina smiled at Jeremy, taking his hand in both of hers for a moment. She could get a better intuitive 'feel' of his physical and mental makeup that way. "I am happy to meet you, too!" She said, looking into his eyes. "Yes, the last days of battle were so chaotic and... for a while... it seemed there was no hope. Anyone who knew healing or 'first aid' was very busy, as were the soldiers from all places willing to fight." She lowered her eyes as memories washed over her, "I was trying to do both, render aid and fight... thank Eru it ended when it did!"

She dropped his hand, looking back into his eyes, "Whether I knew you or not, I'm glad you made it through, Jeremy of Gondor... perhaps you will find some peace here, if you wish to stay with us a while here in this village."

The serving girl had brought their new ales, and she toasted the group of survivors of the Great War of the Rings. "To all of us... may we know peace and happiness, no matter where our footsteps fall... mellyn, elen sila lumenn' omentielvo..."

She put her impressions of Jeremy aside for later consideration; she had felt a great restlessness in Jeremy, as if what he pursued was not peace or happiness. Perhaps he could find respite here... even temporary.

*** 'my friends, may a star shine upon the hour of our meeting...'
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 03:18
The old friends sat smiling and laughing, enjoying their drinks and the company at hand. Unawares in their happieness that a silent shadow had slipped in, passing the armor even without notice. Swiftly the shadow loomed behind Elerrina and shoot out 2 naked ivory arms which wrapped around the elf maidens wasit and spun her in circles echoing a light giggle.

The others jumped to their feet with their weapons in hand. "Release her now and your death shall be quick!" Celebros' voice boomed with anger.

Slowly the beauty's feet touched the ground. " Such a welcome..." The shadow laughed softly. And gasps fell as Envinye's hood fell.

"My dearest of friends you are as always a vision of beauty." Envinye smiled at Elerrina placing 2 kisses on the maidens velvety cheeks.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:16
"I do appologuise most sincerely Evinye, I didn't realise it was you." Celebros mumbled

"My you've changed, the last time I met you, you still went by the name of Fiend." Elruwen smiled "Its good to see you again, and in such good health."

**Quarion remained quiet, trying to get rid of that arcane itch in his fingers.**
<< First4041424344Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email