Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: July 17, 2002 04:03
Well, it's actually not a new building, in fact it's almost too run down to be called a building. I was looking for a neighbor's dog that had wandered away and I saw this strange looking place... let me tell you about it...

It's just a big shed made of corregated metal with a tarpaper roof that's never been finished. Outside is a big dirt yard with a few nearly dead bushes and a long-dead tree with just a few broken branches poking up against the sky. A wooden rail runs across the front to tie up carts or horses. The door is propped open with an old wheel, but all you can see inside is darkness.

The sign chained outside says "The Hanging Horseman" and below that is swinging a hangman's noose. *shivers*

It gave me chills just to look at it, but hearing a noise inside, I thought I'd better go look for the dog or at least talk to the owner. I stepped inside, then stopped to let my eyes adjust to the dim light. There was no one inside, so I just looked around... though there was an atmosphere of brooding malice that was almost a fell Presence.

Just within a few feet of me was an old rusty suit of armour; propped against the wall, it still held a tall battleaxe gripped by one metal fist. The eye holes in the helmet gaped empty but seemed to somehow be staring at me. As I moved past, the armour creaked slightly... giving me a chill up my back.

Further into the room there was a collection of unmatched and rundown tables, chairs and stools. On the scarred tops a few still held dirty glasses... one held a bloody knife stuck in an inch! Beyond them was the bar with a stool or two, but mostly just an expanse of rough watermarked wood. There were stacks of dusty glasses and a few dirty dishes left on the bar and hanging over it... down to head height... there were dirty grey hangman's rope nooses about every four feet. Dusty bottles of liquor were set upon even dustier shelves against the bar wall. A time-darkened and stained mirror reflected my wide-eyed presense.

"Anyone here? I'm looking for a dog... have you seen a loose dog?"

As I turned to go, I heard the floor creak behind the bar and a shadowy figure stood up, saying "What do YOU want ??? My name is Fiend and this is my pub. I haven't seen no dog... go away... your kind isn't wanted here!"

I turned to go and the voice said roughly, " Go tell those badboys and students in Town that this place is now open for bizness... evil Fiend's bizness!" :evil: She... I think it was a she... laughed, giving me another chill down my back. Turning again, I noticed the unfinished walls with a few dirty and sorrowful stuffed animal heads... some kind of hart, I think, and old pictures of evil creatures hanging at odd angles...

Then I ran for the door!! As I darted out the door I heard a creak then a loud bang as the battleaxe just missed my running feet. Her chilling laugh trailed me out the door... and I thought " Damn the dog, I'm going home!"

****So I'm telling you 'Badboys' and students... VoS and killjoy, Legendel and Lord of Minas Morgul and you others: if you think you're bad enough... go see the new pub, The Hanging Horseman and the Proprietor whose name is Fiend... it's just out of town on the road that goes toward the Scary Hills... I am staying here... !!! ****

[Edited on 11/29/2002 by Elerrina]

[Edited on 12/14/2002 by Elerrina]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: July 17, 2002 04:42
***Note from Elerrina, whose tale was told above...

The new Pub belongs to Fiend (Mithrodwen) who hads decide to "let her Evil side out" again, but due to the time differences and circumstances beyond control, she will be unable to tend bar tonight (USA time)... however, she'd probably appreciate it if you all stopped by to congratulate her on her new... ah... undertaking. Perhaps, one of you would tend bar for her?

And of course you'll put all the money in the till, won't you?

Oh, and... ah... watch that axe!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S. The outhouse is out the back door about fifty feet (wa-a-a-ay too close!)...

[Edited on 7/18/2002 by Elerrina]
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: July 17, 2002 05:55

*Trignifty runs in*

Hoo..brisk run...Well...like El said, the Hanging Horseman is noooooow OPEN!! So all you baddies can have that atmosphere you deserve!

I'll be serving the drinks, at least temporarily, so..come on in...if you're bad enough.. :evil:

:evil: :evil:Trig :evil: :evil:
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 12:59
*LoMM enters*

Oh, an evil pub, that's new and my sister isn't anywhere! This could be cool!

*Takes a seat*

So, what can I drink?
Borimir_the_Man_of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 01:12
Hey not to shabby....reminds me of old memories in ocr torturing dugen. A nd Farimir not here. So how bout sum chow.
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 02:47
*A figure shrowded in darkness speaks from the behind the bar

Why thank you Trig m'dear here is the current drink list
Bloody Orc
Virgin Ring Wraith
Troll Tropicana
Wicked Pan Wallop
Saucy Saruon

I fyou have any request just let me or Trig know

The food on service so far is:
Nazgul noddels
Demon desert
Dragon stew

*the voice steps into the dim light to reveal a rather dark mysterious elf tall and forboding

Where are my manners let me intorduce myself I would be Fiend Proprietress
welcome dark ones :evil:

[Edited on 19/7/2002 by Mithrodwen]
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 03:05
I want a troll tropicana and Nazgul noddels.
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 03:31
As so you wish ....

*disappears behind dark door to fetch food while Trig fixes drink...returns with food

Hope all is 2 ur liking.

*Fiend smiles oddly at him a odd light flashing in her dark eyes
Trignifty
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 06:39
Mith, I take it I can stay on and help? (hopes and prays..) A fine establishment you have here, people will just die to get in (and maybe they should...:evil:

*gives BMoG his troll tropicana* a nice choice you've made Boromir..

LoMM, did you ever decide on a drink?
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2002 11:46
I'll take a bloody Orc thank you

*studies the pub and looks at Fiend*
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 03:15
*Fiend chuckles hardily at Trig

I like your spirit..if you continue to prove yourself worthy of course you may my dear.

*She sees from the corner of her eye LoMM's fixd gaze.

Is there something else you wish to have Lomm? you should also know tis rude to stare I am not a painting
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 03:34
* Nods at Fiend *

A dark lord is always suspicious, I'm keeping an eye on everything, studying it.

* Smiles *

That's all.
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:05
*Fiend smiles back

You are a smart Lord then.... but my establishment is no place of danger.. to the dark at least :evil: Relaxs and be merry
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:08
* Smiles *

I will, thank you very much

* Waits for his drink *
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:22
Some how this place does not seem to evil
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:25
*Trig fixes LoMM drink and hands it to him

Hope you enjoy it LoMM

* Fiend walks round to the burned out fire place and utters "ghash" and flames spark up lighting the whole as well as a few un-noticed candles springing to life.

Not evil nuff for u Borimir? tis still early would b foolish to be deviced.

*she swiftly leaves the room for a short while and bats fly from the ceilin and circle round Borimir

Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:43
* Drinks *

Oh, it' very good!

*Walks to BMOG*

So you like this place?
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 10:01
*VoS walks in with six sacks of misc. dead things and tosses them up on the counter*

here's the food, you can hand out menues now
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 01:22
*Fiend reappears again and calls off the bats from Borimir satisfied that he did not mean to insult her pub

Why thank you Vos for the food delivery. Grab a seat...Did you get the wolf for the won ton soup?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 02:01
*Aowyn strolls in and stands, hands on hips, surveying the Hanging Horsemen and its shifty occupants.....*
"Well let me know if you ever need a temp. barmaid, Fiend....scared? No, I've dealt with this sort before......."
*Smirks at bar patrons and leaves*
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:12
*killjoy wakes up from her nap with a start: sensing a mass of evil power...it calls to her through the night, and she follows it's thrilling scent......to a delapidated-looking shack on the outskirts of town...a hangman's noose swinging above her head...*

*she opens the door and looks around...what horrors lie in this darkness???*

VoS!! LoMM!! all my evil buddies are here!! howz it going, everyone? hey hey hey!!! this is my kinda pub!

*climbs up onto a bar stool to survey the menu, rubbing hands in glee*

..well i think i'll try the dragon stew for starters...

okey-dokey now for an adult beverage...hmm...Bloody Orc...ooo! Saucy Sauron! ...hmmm...bugger me, Trig! they all sound so good, but i can't decide....

hehehe...i feel like gettin' loose tonight!:drool: ...tell me...what's your strongest drink in the house? :evil:
Happy_Hobbit
Huggable Hobbit
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 04:46
*On her way back to the Quest camp site, HH stumbles across the dilapidated shed that is now thw Hanging Horseman Pub, at first she thinks to peek inside but as she is about to step into the yard two large bats swoop down at her, frightened she runs away. :cry:
Trignifty
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 06:59
You want the strong stuff, eh killjoy?

Well...*reaches behind bar and pulls out a bottle of The Living Dead (stroong stuff) and pours a shot into a Bloody Orc.*

Give that a try killjoy, I'm sure you'll like it. Just..uh..don't choke.

Trig
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 07:10
*Lady N drapes herself in black and covers up her blonde hair*
Though I'm a Lady of Light, I think I shall defer to my dark side for the time being and explore this new establishment.

Oh bar wench? I would like a Saucy Sauron and some dragon stew.
And...a dark lord to keep me company. :evil:
Trignifty
Send Message
on: July 19, 2002 08:20
'Wench...?'
Trig asks with a growl...Trig goes to prepare the Saucy Sauron, a relatively tame drink as far as the menu goes...but slips in a shot of the aforementioned 'The Living Dead' (stroong stuff) when Nev tries to strike up conversation with LoMM. After preparing the soup, she hands both to Nev, the wench insult on her mind..(after all..she is evil.)
Nerwin receives them glady, unbeknowing of the stroong stuff in her drink, which, no matter how well the person can handle the drinking..knocks even the best flat on their keyster when they don't know it's coming.

"Wench that..." Trig says under her breath :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2002 12:06
*Fiend who'd been keepin a close eye on Trig after Nerwin had orderd gave an evil grin :evil:
and walks over to her new bar maid

Consider yourself proved worthy. Your part of my full time staff now my wench wmhahahaha. :evil:

*Fiend disappears to makes Killjoy's Dragon stew taking the bloody bag that VoS slung onto the bar.. she re-appears again

So Killjoy what you think of your drink.....? Where the....

*she looks over the bar and sees a passed out Killjoy and cackles

Hmm me thiks it was abit too strong for the dear Trig

* and she throws a bucket of ice cold water over Killjoy

*foods on the bar
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: July 20, 2002 06:28
*Lady N accepts her Saucy Sauron with a smile and sniffs it*

Hey! You put "Living Dead" in here, didn't you? Wanted to knock me out, eh?
Well, take this back and please bring me a Whicked Pan Wallop. And dear...I was being facetious when I called you wench.

*Lady N flashes a big smile*

Also, don't forget my dragon stew!

*as Trignifty leaves with her new order, Lady N mutters something about dark elves not being able to take a joke*
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: July 20, 2002 06:55
"Wench that..." Trig says under her breath :evil: :evil: :evil:

LOL
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 20, 2002 05:53
*** Another tall slender figure in a dark hooded cloak walks in, her face is shadowed but some tendrils of wavy red-blonde hair escape. Lady Elerrina sees her best friend, LoMM, and walks over to him sitting alone at a table... ***

Hello, love... *she tosses her hood back * Would you order me a drink? I'm hardly incognito in this town anyway... I may as well be comfortable! *leaning forward, she drops a quick kiss on his lips, takes his hand in hers then leans back, surveying the scene*

I'm glad I'm here with you, m'love... I didn't like it when I first came in here looking for my neighbors dog.... but I see a lot of familiar faces now.

*she smiles at LoMM and looks fondly into his eyes, stroking his hand gently*

Trignifty
Send Message
on: July 20, 2002 06:00
Nerwin..I thought you'd like it...I already got you yer dragon stew though. nyah. *Brings back the clean drink* And I took the joke...with one of my own.. :evil:

*** Another tall slender figure in a dark hooded cloak walks in, her face is shadowed but some tendrils of wavy red-blonde hair escape. Lady Elerrina sees her best friend, LoMM, and walks over to him sitting alone at a table... ***

dear god they're back...I'll never be able to live down the seating arrangements of the Quest to Mordor will I? NEVER!!! Anyhow, what would you two like to drink??
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2002 04:13
* Smiles at Trignifity *

I have another bloody Orc and you love

* Smiles at Lady E *
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 21, 2002 05:07
*** feeling her gaze, Lady E gives Trig an inquiring glance, then looks back to her friend ***

How about a Balrog Beer, do they have that? Something similar , if not... thanks, love...

*** looks back at him and continues stroking his hand ***
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2002 05:34
They don't have it here, they do have a Saucy Sauron though, would you like that, love?

* Looks deeply into her eyes, than at Trig *
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2002 06:13
*Fiend whos on looking from the shadows behind the bar utters under her breath

I think I'm going to loose my lunch...
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2002 07:14
I will be leaving soon on an errand of importance. Trig is a good bar maid and will be left in charge while I am away, but she will need some help so I am hiring a temp bar asisstant so If anyone is interested in the position please let me know
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email