Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: July 29, 2002 07:17
*looks into her ale for a long time, and after a most violent shudder addresses those who would care to listen*

I have endured much, and even greater trials are before me. Shall I tell you of my history? Yes, for I am in need of an ear willing to hear, for it weighs on my heart, and the burden is a greivous one to bear. Who shall care to know my past?
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 07:35
*Fiend speak to Silver's mind

I am a busy she elf behind my bar and all but if you will speak no matter how low I shall hear please tell your tale. A new story is always a pleasure

*silver turns eyeing wearily of the Porprietress
whos smiling back strangly as is her way from behind the bar

[Edited on 29/7/2002 by Mithrodwen]
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 07:54
As many may know, the Istari came to Middle Earth to contest Sauron's might. I was sent along to watch over the race of Men, for my Master has compassion upon them.
Curunir, called Saruman by the Men of the North, studied Saruon and became ensared by his work. He lusted after the One Ring, but did not tell the White Council, I among them. He reported that the One had fallen into the Anduin and had been taken to the Sea and lost. I did not believe him, for I had made a home near the Anduin and had not seen it pass. I know that jewels, once dropped in the river cannot be taken from their place unless by a hand that clutches it, and I told Saruman so. Little did I know that this was my folly. Happily, I had wispered my misgivings of Saruman's tale to Mithrandir first, and he agreed with me.
But when I went to Saruman to tell him of my knowledge, he smiled at me, and there was a light in his eye that reminded me of the decietful Melkor when he was tried. *shakes her head sadly* I tried to run from Isengard, but already he had servants to do his bidding, and I was ensnared. He took my weapon, my mithril trident from me, and put me in his dungeon. He then named me Maegwen, that is, Peircing Maiden, for he hoped to make my hand hold a sword, and be fell with it.
For many years, he trained me to become his luitenant, the Mouth of Saruman. After a few fruitless attempts of escape, I realized that what he taught me might be of some use. So I stayed and learned all that I could. He taught me the arts of war, of leading armies, of crushing my foes, and even some spells. But to keep me from turning on him he tortured me daily. *shudders and pulls her hood over her head* I will not speak of his ways in this, for they were indeed terrible.
It was not until the Ents who came to Isengard to destroy it that I finally escaped, and even then it was by deciet. The Ents took me to be afraid of them, and so let me go.
Ever since, I had despised Curunir and the mention of him and his stronghold. When I heard that he was slain in the Shire, my heart rejoiced, but also greived to know that he went to destroy a place where everything should be carefree. *sighs*
And so here am I, one of the Wise. I have not passed into the West yet, and still look after the race of Men. And I would even add Halflings to my charge, for my friend Gandalf loved them, and I hope that no ill has befallen them because of Saruman.

[Edited on 29/7/2002 by SilverDeath]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 08:47
*** Able to understand Hirilear's words with her sharp Elf hearing, Lady El listens to the unhappy tale of the Maia, friend of Mithrandir. When there is time and a quiet place, Lady Elerrina will offer her friendship to the newcomer... feeling a kinship with her that goes unexplained for the moment. She speaks quietly to Lomm... ***

I like her, m'Lord. When we meet again I will offer her my hand in friendship. Perhaps she will come looking for a horse to ride...

Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 10:23
*Vala had been sitting quietly listening to her kindred's tale. She sat as in a daze once Hirilear had finished, as if she was remembering her own silent pain. However, she soon recovers from her memories:*

Ahh, my friend, your tale is indeed a troubled one. Now, however, you are in the company of friends. Eat, drink, and be merry as the men often say! Let us put sorrows behind us, for the Shire is still a place of happiness.
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 10:57
*smiles at her friend* Tell me, Valaöré, in which Valar's name do you guard Middle Earth?
I may know thee, for in the Blessed Realm, we would know each other under different names. It has been a long time since I had been with any other than Saruman.
Lily_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 03:57
Better keep an eye on the little hobbit over there. She may be clever, but she'll draw some attention from the orcs at table 6, if ya know what I mean. :evil:

and what hobbit are you talking about???
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 05:52
*Trig wakes up from her slight doze.*

I have to get more sleep...geez...

*notices new people in the bar*

Good lord! How long was I out?!
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 07:03
Actually, Hirilear, I use this name in both realms. Manwe is my master, and, if you haven't already heard about it, I was given the gift of controling storms. A little something that I make use of from time to time.
Lord_of_Minas_Morgul
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2002 11:46
* Looks at SilverDeath *

Well, I always learned "Never trust a Maian" but if you like her she can visit us from time to time

* Smiles at his love *
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 04:26
*brightens at the memory* Ah yes, I remember in Valinor, when you wept, it rained so gentle and sad. And when you were indignant or angry the thunderclouds gathered mightily! Aiya, Valaöré, I remember thee well now.

*becomes light of heart at the memory of the Blessed Realm. Begins to sing a song of Valinor, her voice running smooth as the Anduin and some hear the call of the sea in her voice. Without breaking from her song or even faltering from the rhythm, Hirilear beckons Valaöré to join her song*
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 06:15
*Vala doesn't need any further prodding from Hirilear to join in her song. Soon the pub is filled with the sounds of sea and wind as the melody begins to spread throughout the room.*
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 09:22
Better keep an eye on the little hobbit over there. She may be clever, but she'll draw some attention from the orcs at table 6, if ya know what I mean. :evil:

and what hobbit are you talking about???

Oh, no one in particular. Just don't pay any attention to me! (Need teasing smiley as well as laughing smiley)
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 10:56
*laughs, as the song has ended.* I see I am not the only mischevious Maiar... *giggles* :blush:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 11:45
*** Lady Elerrina claps her hands in delight at the beautiful song and sounds of the sea. LoMM is not impressed but is pleased at his partner's happiness ***

Oh, thank you, lovely Maiar... your song would coax the gulls from the coast to our small village.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us all!! :heart:

[Edited on 7/31/2002 by Elerrina]
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 11:52
There are many songs that I know, and some may be too powerful to speak, for I fear that if I sang them, the foundations of Middle Earth would be rocked, and the sea would swallow all the land. Even so, most of what I sing has the Call of the Sea in it, for the Elves who desire to sail into the West have heard my voice. It matters not if they have seen the Sea or no: when they hear the call, it is their fate to folllow.

[Edited on 31/7/2002 by SilverDeath]
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 06:32
*laughing in a gently wicked way* You haven't seen me when I'm mishevious yet. Ask VoS. *lol*

Will you excuse me for a brief moment, Hirilear.

*walks to the bar*

Mith, I just heard that Trig was taking a leave of absence. Will you need someone to fill her spot? I'd be happy to assist you in anyway possible

[Edited on 7/31/2002 by Valaöré]
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: July 30, 2002 07:02
Ah yes, that's right, I'm going to be going away for awhile. So I do suggest you take her up on the offer Mith. Don't want you and Lady N overwhelmed.

I'll be leaving by the end of the week, and I don't know when I'll be back quite yet. But don't burn the bar down please...I do still need a job to come back to...

Have fun y'all.
Trigs
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 12:51
*VoS kicks open the door (just because he wanted to make a cool entrance)*

I'm back...and ready to do some fryin' :evil:
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 04:10
*sees VoS's entrance* Oh, wow! Cool entrance!

I'm back...and ready to do some fryin' :evil:

I am afraid I wouldn't let you do that...I won't like it if this bar is burned to the ground. Besides, who here would have your wrath upon them anyway?
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 08:32
Yay!! Our bouncer is back!

*turns to introduce SilverDeath* VoS, this is Hirilear, a "sister" of mine from Valinor. And do not even think of one of your little tricks with her. Her temper is equal to mine. :evil: :evil:
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 08:37
*Smiles and laughs* Only when the occasion calls for it! Besides, if he is your bouncer, I will not stand in his way, for there is an air about him which I like. Evil, say you? I call it mischeviousness, and an impish nature. I am of the same personality, and play a great many jokes, though I would perhaps be reprimanded for some. *casts a glance at Elerrina* Welcome, Voice of Sauron! Fear nothing from me, except a well timed jest! *winks at Valaöré, causing her to remember her "pool trick" at the Hot Springs*
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 08:44
*begins to giggle, and then is laughing outright*

You should have been there!

*says she between her giggles at all of the questioning glances that are aimed at her*

Oh, go read the thread if you really must know!

*continues laughing for a few moments, and then pulls herself together*

Alright, m'lord, what will you have to drink this evening?
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 09:24
*pulls a blue stone from her grey silk belt and looks at it with love, for it is her Luinmir, the Blue Jewel she made with her own hands in Valinor* Alas, the beauty is somewhat faded. I had housed the wail of the wind and the ripple of the sea in it, and it has gone, for I am no longer in the Blessed Realm. See, Valaöré, there is no longer a light within! *hands it to her friend, whom she had in mind when she made the stone*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 09:53
I am of the same personality, and play a great many jokes, though I would perhaps be reprimanded for some. *casts a glance at Elerrina* Welcome, Voice of Sauron! Fear nothing from me, except a well timed jest! *winks at Valaöré, causing her to remember her "pool trick" at the Hot Springs*

*** Lady Elerrina touches her still damp hair and laughs, then shakes her forefinger in a scolding way at Hirilear ***
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 11:44
*pulls a blue stone from her grey silk belt and looks at it with love, for it is her Luinmir, the Blue Jewel she made with her own hands in Valinor* Alas, the beauty is somewhat faded. I had housed the wail of the wind and the ripple of the sea in it, and it has gone, for I am no longer in the Blessed Realm. See, Valaöré, there is no longer a light within! *hands it to her friend, whom she had in mind when she made the stone*

Do not despair, friend. For we shall one day return to Valinor and it's beauty shall be renewed. It still is one of the fairest jewels that mine eyes have had the privelge of beholding.
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: July 31, 2002 07:15
*killjoy wakes with a start, sensing a thrilling evil presence, and looks up to see VoS's cool entrance*

*killjoy stumbles over and gives her much-loved boss a cuddle*

heyyy sssshexy! ish that a tazor in your pocket or r u jusht h..happy to shee me? :blush: :drool: hahahah!!! oooopsh! pardon! i thinksh i've had a little too much livin' ded agin....shay...shpeakin of which....can i buy u a dwink? :drool:
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2002 04:08
*quickly returns Luinmir to her belt and sits wide eyed watching the grovelling. Turns to Valaöré and wispers* What's a tazor, or do I even want to know?
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: August 01, 2002 06:00
*to Hirilear*

A tazor is a small device that sends an elictrical charge. Most often it is used as a cattle prod, but on low settings it is quite harmless. I think that VoS uses one because he hasn't mastered the art of manipulating electricity manually.

*to Killjoy*

Umm, here's a little coffee. I think that you've had enough of the hard stuff for one evening. And don't argue, either, or I'll have VoS lock you in the highest tower of Cirith Ungul and we won't let you out until you're sober, which might take a while considering the amount of alcohol you've comsumed.
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2002 07:21
*Fiend laughs hardly at killjoys rather amusing display of affection for VoS and relucctently brews a coffe for the Wraith.

here you go m'lovely

*Fiend laughs smirking to herself as she looks at VoS' bewilder look as he brings Killjoy to the bar

Glad to have you back me evilest of patrons...I only hope Trigs return shall be as quick

* she sighs to her self missing her evil bud

hey Val you wanna get your butt up here behind the bar my replacment wench?

*bord missing her bud she starts settin small fires on the bar and puttin them out with her hand
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: August 01, 2002 07:38
Alright, Mith, alright!! I'm here!

*to Hirilear*

I'm afraid that I have to go to work now. We'll have to talk more when I get a break.

*as she walks past VoS, she asks*

Do you want something to drink or not?

*the orcs at 6 start making some noise*

Coming, coming...one more round of beer for the orcs...

*gathers the mugs from the orcs, and takes them behind the bar to refill them, then brings them back to the impatient orcs*

Oh settle down. Your drinks are right here!!

***whew, I wonder how Trig and Nerwin survived that crowd?***
SilverDeath
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2002 07:43
Fear not, friend Vala, I shall wait! :love:
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: August 02, 2002 03:00
*killjoy reluctantly sips her coffee....which turns out to be reaaaaaly good stuff, so she happilydrinks...*

*killjoy eyes a bottle of Vilya Vodka behind the bar*

hmmm....i may be evil, but i don't fancy nicking that....it might have a negative effect on my bar privelages...*shudder*

*whilst everyone else is busy evilling around, killjoy sneaks into the dusty back store room of the HH pub...*

*...at first there is nothing but pitch black...but then a moonbeam filters in through a small window high up on the wall and pierces through the darkness to reveal.........

...CRATES UPON CRATES OF LIIIIIIQUUUOOOORRR!!!....*

*killjoy begins to weep with joy....it is not possible to tell whether the pool her jaw splashes into as it drops like lead consists more of tears or of drool...*

:drool: oh....my....g...g..gooooood....soooo....mu...muuuuch......uuuuuuuuuggghhhh...mmmmmmmmmm.....alcolishioooous.......:drool:

*killjoy steels herself (keeping mental note to return ASAP) and returns her mind to the task at hand....a breif rummage see her find her treasures: a box of shot glasses and a bottle of prime Vilya Vodka (one of 8 in the crate)....she quickly dashes off back to Evil HQ...*

[Edited on 2/8/2002 by killjoy]
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
on: August 02, 2002 04:10
*VoS watches as killjoy runs out of there with her cloak all stuffed and follows to where she was, sees all the boxes, peeks around and puts them all on a dolly then runs outta there and tells Killjoy to start running to Evil H.Q ...Fast*
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: August 02, 2002 05:57
*notices that some Vilya Vodka is missing*

KILLJOY!!!!!

*Out of nowhere, a lightning bolt strikes Killy and LoMM and the thunder seems to say:*

BRING IT BACK! NOW!!
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email