Register

<< First3940414243Last >>
Author Topic:
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: February 21, 2004 05:36
"Nice choice sir, Kyran?" she turned and nodded. Kyran inturn responded and they began juggling the nescessary bottles for the drinks between them neither of them missing a beat. Finally a glass of glowing green Troll Tropicana decorated with little umbrella's stood on the bar top.
"And there you are." Envinye smiled and giggled as Kyran pulled her into a little dance behind the bar.

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 05:36
Elerrina snuggled up close to him and drifted off into the realms of mind and spirit. Into her mind's eye came a dark face, craggy and dark of skin with two glittering black eyes... watching her... watching them... she easily blocked his thought probing her mind. In her vision, he snarled and turned away, disappearing into the darkness with a swirl of his cloak. The sound and feel of him gave her goosebumps, and she bounced back to full consciousness.

"Celebros? Did you see or feel anyone here?" She whispered to him... but his trance was unbroken, so she let him be... they would talk in the morning.

I wonder though, if the vision was just a vision... or if someone was here, probing my mind, she asked herself. Then she sighed and settled back into relaxation, feeling herself breathe... slowly breathe... deeply breathe...
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 11:45
And from another room:
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 09:47
((OOC- where DID everyone go? It's not Spring Break yet, is it?))

In the bright sun of midday, Elerrina woke again. She stretched, trying not to disturb Celebros, but he reached up to caress her. "Good morning, m'love," she said and smiled down at him. Her features drew a quick frown, then cleared again. "Celebros... do you remember having any dreams about someone watching us? I remember having a vision-- or a nightmare-- about black eyes in a black face watching us. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't Quarion... though perhaps it was one of his kind, I don't know. Did you have anything like that intrude into your rest?"

She rose and readied herself for the day. She would need to get back out to Mirivanë, to make sure everything was all right there, too. She had a bad feeling niggling in the back of her mind.... and she felt quite nervous about the day.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:28
The round of cocktails Perathion had affected him,together with his weariness, so he found himself sleeping leaned over the table next morning.The noises from the other newly arisen lodgers woke him.He slowly raised his head,it felt heavy."Oww..that drink is really true to its name.It knocked me out as properly as a troll would!",he mumbled to himself.He slowly got on his feet and found Envinye standing behind the counter."Morning.Can I have some coffee or whatever you got thats good for shaking off a hangover!",he said with a groan.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 09:17
**With the sun in the sky Quarion's little 'pet' orb of darkness materialised to shield him from the sun's rays. The ocassional magically induced light or spark strayed outside the orb but it did cause anything any harm.**

"No, nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary. Unless you count flashbacks as odd." Celebros replied "Lets find Quarion, maybe he could make some sense of it."
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 12:54
Envinye and Kyran had spent all night dancing slowly and softly in each others arms behind the bar and were still swaying gently together. She had been away for months and had almost forgotten how wonderful his arms felt around her. She lifted her head away sleepily from Kyran's shoulder.

"Hmmm..." She smiled looking at Perathion."Dragon's Blood it will drive away all wearieness. Do not look so alarmed it is not actual dragon's blood.... that is far to difficult to aquire."

Fixing a large jug of the smokey red brew she poured 3 glasses and alerted the kitchen to start fixing breafast for all her guests.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 04:51
Celebros and Elerrina came bouncing down the stairs, the spring back in their steps from a good night's rest.

"What kind of flashbacks do you mean, love?" Ele was asking. She noted Perathion was awake and downstairs, and Envinye and Kyran were still wrapped in each other's arms, but no one looked really awake yet.

"Any coffee made yet, Envinye?" She asked with a smile at their dishabille. Kyran and she looked a bit tired, but very happy. She shook her head at the offer of a glass of the hangover remedy. "Nope I feel fine, so far. Did you notice any dark presence around last night? I woke to the feeling of a dark face and black eyes looking at me... a malevolent presence, black and brooding. I wondered if it was Quarion, but the feel was so different! Then I wondered if it was one of his kind, searching fo him perhaps?"

She didn't spot Quarion, or Wolf, at first. Then she saw his sphere of darkness was protecting him from the light coming in the open doors, front and back. She walked to the back of the room where he sat and addressed the sphere...

"Quarion... can you tell us what is going on around here? Oh, pardon my manners... a good morning to you. Who was trying to kidnap you and why? Do you have any ideas?" She mentioned her dream of the dark face watching, curious to know how he would react. Did he know anything?
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 03:24
"Well it seems that night by night, these flashbacks seem to restore a little of my memory. I can't explain what it is because I don't understand it fully. I think mother might have something to do with it." Celebros replied

"Good morning to you to, Elerrina. I have very little idea as to why I was kidnapped but if what you saw in your sleep has anything to do with it I would say that the wizzened old wreck of a mage and my arch-enemy, Zxorban, is behind it all. It sounds like his face that you described but I cannot think what he wants here or with me. If it is him that is." Quarion replied
[Edited on 26/2/2004 by Elruwen]

[Edited on 2/26/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 07:47
Standing beside the globe of darkness, Elerrina could hear Quarion, but not see him except as a darker shape within the darkness. He sounded somewhat stressed still to her ears, unless she was just reading in what her own worries would have been, had she gone through the tribulations that he had.

"Well, if it was Zxorban," she said, "wouldn't his being your enemy be reason enough for him to try to kidnap and maybe murder you? Perhaps he wanted a particular spell only you know or some charm or familiar... speaking of whom... is your viper okay?"

Elerrina couldn't see the snake, but she knew it wouldn't forsake him without permission. "She could go out into the field behind the pub if she'd like to hunt. I'd be glad to take her out for you. She seems to like me! She spent a while being my necklace last night. She was very afraid for you, but she liked it under my hair while we were trying to revive you."

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 11:14
"It would make sense yes, but from what I heard before I was exiled, he fell into a pyrimo infested underground lake and was eaten alive by the viscious fish...unless he has taken on unlife in the form of a lich. Or perhaps he faked his own death, or it was just a overblown rumour. She's fine a little hungry but fine. I've told her she can go and hunt but she's refusing to leave my side. You could try and coax her out if you want. She needs to feed at some point." Quarion replied

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by eldir]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 01:12
Elerrina put her arm out to the viper, and the snake did come a little closer... she tasted Elerrina's scent and heat, but declined the proffered arm to climb.

"Well, maybe she'll want to go a little later. A mouse or rat would hold her for several days, wouldn't it?" She reached out and ran her fingertips slowly down the viper's smooth scales. "Well, perhaps the vision I saw was someone else entirely. I didn't know who it was at all, just that they were looking." She sipped her coffee, which she'd taken to the table with her. "It may be completely unimportant..."

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 10:56
"Pehaps it is perhaps it isn't, we will just have to wait and see." Quarion sighed

**Celebros walked over and threaded his arms around Elerrina's waist.**
"So what's the verdict on your dream my sweet?" he asked

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Elruwen]

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by eldir]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 07:29
Ele looked up at Celebros and smiled. "Well, Quarion seems to recall hearing that the Archmage who was his enemy got caught in the wrong place and died. If the rumor was true, then it's not him... but we still don't know who it was..." Elerrina involuntarily shivered slightly under Celebros' arm, "Those eyes really were spooky looking, love. I'm sure glad they didn't look at me for very long, I'd have awakened screaming."

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by eldir]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 10:47
"I'll make sure he doesn't get you my sweet. I promise" Celebros said **he tightened his grip around her a little.**

"He could have taken on unlife...." Quarion added quietly "Become a lich...he did have the powers to do such a thing but the risks are great."

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by eldir]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 06:12
"What is a lic... lich?" Elerrina asked Quarion, stumbling over the unfamiliar word. "And what risks are there to being one? If he's undead, what could hurt him?"

She put her arms around Celebros' waist, too, looking up into his eyes and smoothing his silver hair gently. With him close, she always felt safe. She loved him and would have laid down her life for him, and she knew he would have done the same for her. Hopefully such things would never be needed or tried. She sighed and put her cheek against his shoulder.

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 01:05
"A lich is basically an undead mage. They acheive lichdoom through a complicated and dangerous ritual. If something goes wrong they become zombies, ghouls or even ghasts. If they complete it sucessedfully the become a lich, they look almost as the did in life and they manage to maintain their minds so to speak there are very few in the world but they can be dangerous. A lich is just as vulnerable as other undead and living. A simple blade or volly of arrows can kill one. If its magic doesn't kill you first." Quarion replied

"That sounds prety nasty." Celebros added

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by eldir]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 04:35
Elerrina shook her head back and forth. "Well, if you don't think it was this er... Zxorban, then who else could it have been? There must be some reason that the wargs were out to get you... they didn't try to kidnap anyone else. And they were magical Orcs and wargs, too, not just the rather cowardly and easily killed ones we're used to."

She felt like a dog worrying a bone... there seemed to be no really good answer to the why or the who, but she couldn't just let it go. There had to be a reason... there was no way to defend against such a random attempt at kidnap, and why the wizard among them? She sighed... she could see Quarion had no answers either.

Elerrina leaned over and spoke to the viper again, then offered her arm, and this time the snake looked up at Quarion then slithered over to her. Ele lowered her hand to the table and let the viper work its way up her arm to a safe feeling height, then she stood up. "I'll take her out in back to the open field and stay with her, maybe we can spook up a few mice. C'mon, pretty girl..."

She turned and walked out through the back door and out into the sunny field of grasses waving in the breeze. She sat down by the dead tree and let the black snake go down her arm to the ground, which had some old tunneling underneath... perhaps still occupied by small rodents. The snake listened carefully for a minute then chose a tunnel and went in.

Elerrina waited, picking a piece of grass and twirling it in her hands, looking also at the sky for any large birds who might be interested in eating snake. No hawks or ravens appeared though... and Ele was getting very relaxed indeed in the sunshine when the snake reappeared, much plumper around the middle... about two mouse's worth... with a mouse also in her mouth. She laid it down by Elerrina's hand and looked up at her face, her tongue flicking. The black snake then climbed langorously back up and settled in as a necklace around Ele's neck, warm under her hair.

The sun on her face and body, and the breeze in her hair felt wonderful, but she rose slowly and walked toward the pub's back door again.

"I guess the mystery will just remain a mystery," she commented to no one in particular as she went back in.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 11:32
"Indeed, but I recon that revenge on me is the motive behind this odd attack." Quarion sighed

**Celebros walked over to Elerrina and slipped his arms around her middle.**

"I think we might have to tell mother about this at some point. Maybe she can find a logical reason behind all this." Celebros said

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 01:20
Ele led the way back to the table. She laid the 'gift mouse' down on the table and put her arm down, hand on the table so the viper could go back to Quarion if she wanted to.

"Hmm... apparently she wants to stay put, Quarion. Is that okay with you? I think she likes the warmth of my hair over her."

She sat down by Celebros and took his hand, scooting slightly closer so she could rest against his shoulder. She looked at the others, "Well, what now?" She asked the two, Drow and Elf. "I know your mother has never come here, Celebros... but perhaps it's time she did."

((OOC- And then I'll have an excuse to refer to her now and again... as I do... by mistake anyway... ))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 08:56
((OOC: Indeed so lol))

"Yes, its fine with me if its fine with her and as long as she stays within a mile of me. Quarion replied

"She's been here once if I remember rightly, to help Evinye out when she was very ill. Admittedly she was here for about an hour but still...Anyway shall we try and pursuade mother to pay the horseman a visit?" Celebros relplied
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 09:17
Perathion listened to Celebros,Elerrina and Quarion."Sounds like a good idea to me.Elruwen has a lot experience with these things.It would help to have her here.",he said and looked at Celebros and Elerrina.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 09:22
((OOC- ROFL... ))

Elerrina looked at them in turn as they answered and she replied. "Stays within a mile of you, Quarion? Why, so?"

"You are right, as usual, my love... she has been here, the one time. Yes, perhaps she can shed some light on these strange occurances.... if she doesn't mind coming. There is room for Hwest to land outside, at least. Though I wouldn't want him on the roof here... oh, well, on second thought, it probably is fine, since Quarion rebuilt the place after the fire. Will you message her, or shall I?"

[Edited on 14/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 11:53
"It's quite complicated really but it basically boils down to her being part of me and I being part of her. The bond severs if we are more and a mile apart. It would result in her death and If i'm not strong enough to cope with the loss. Then it would result in my death as well." Quarion replied

"Would you message her my sweet please. I can't do long distance telepathy that well after a few drinks." he blushed
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 01:45
"Sure, my love..." She replied, "I'll do it."

~~ Elruwen? Can you talk for a minute?~~

There was a pause while she listened to Elruwen's reply... then she went ahead with her message, sending also to Celebros, so he could 'hear' what she said to his mother.

~~ We've had a big battle here last night, and yes... everyone is okay... but Quarion had been kidnapped for some reason we don't know. We released him and fought off the Orcs, only to find in the light of morning, that they had been phantasms. The yard was filled with spent arrows, but no dead Orcs, though we slew many... and we are trying to find out who and why the Orcs were after Quarion. Can you come down to the Hanging Horseman and help us find out? There may be danger to you, too, but Quarion can explain that to you when you get here.~~

She knew Elruwen would come, but she just didn't know just how much good it would do... she waited with Celebros, Kyran and Quarion, while 'Ruwen considered her reply.

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 03:39
~~Hmmm that is strange.~~ came Elruwen's telepathic reply ~~So these orcs and waargs were definately phantasms...Give me an hour or so and I'll be there. I have an armour repair job to finish.~~

"So we sit and wait for mother to arrive then." Celebros said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 07:29
"Yes, m'love..." Elerrina had begun to answer Celebros, when the two musicians started to play. She broke off from what she was going to say, and started again, "Oh, listen... isn't that delightful music? The Hobbits will have some competition in the playing of flutes! This Elf is very good; they both are, actually!" She listened for a minute or so, then turned back to Celebros, speaking softly, "Your mother will be on her way in an hour or so... she wanted to get some armour repaired first. She will be along, though... Oh! Aren't they good?"

As the pair finished, Elerrina clapped her hands in delight, calling to them, "That was wonderful! Would you like to join us for a few minutes, before you leave? We don't want to delay you, but...??" She smiled at them, quizically. "Perhaps another ale?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 12:33
"Oh good...Yes they a good duet aren't they Ele..." Celebros said "Ele my sweet, where will Hwest stay while he and Elruwen are here?"

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 10:53
Elerrina considered for a moment...

"That's right! He's never been out here, has he? Well, his presence on the barn would probably make the horses nervous... even with my reassurance. But there are many tall trees he could rest in. Oh, I know... there is also a very tall tree with a dead top just up the hill. It's even called 'The Eagles' Tree'... he can see for miles from up there, so the unwary deer had best keep a cautious eye out or they will be dinner! I know Hwest knows not to hunt the horses... but they all don't! However, they can become used to his presence at a distance... it shouldn't be a problem."

"All right, I'll message her..." Celebros said.

~~ Mother, Elerrina thinks you should have Hwest drop you off here, then he can wait in a big tree up the hill, the big one with the dead top. Will that suit you both? She thinks other peoples' horses will be nervous if he stays close... ~~

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 12:57
~~It sounds good to me Celebros. I'll be there as soon as I can~~ Elruwen replied

"I hope Hwest doesn't flap up a fuss over this Ele." Celebros said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 10:04
"I don't think it will be a bother for him," Ele replied. "In fact, he might even enjoy the outting! It's not very far, not for him, and other than doing some hunting, I don't think he gets out very much since we got home again from our last trip."

They waited a little while, then Elerrina decided to wait outside for Elruwen and Hwest to arrive. Quarion, not liking the bright light, decided to stay indoors. "You coming, love?" She asked Celebros.

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 11:43
"Yes, I'll come and wait with you my sweet. Come to think of it you are probably right about Hwest but you know he can be as stubborn as a mule sometimes and as lazy as Naur on occasions." he replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 08:33
They walked outside, and Elerrina sat on a convenient log to await Elruwen. She laughed at Celebros' comment.

"Yes! What a pair they make!! Ah, well, their lives are based less on 'need' than they would be in the wild. Naur, especially, has found ways to make sure both his needs and wants are taken care of. He's more open about it, anyway, than before we found he was more than a 'simple wolf' and could mind talk with us."

Celebros sat down by her, smiling, too. "Yes, he's gotten quite creative about what he nicks from the kitchen or the cookie plate." Both their eyes were scanning the sky in the direction of the Armoury... but no Hwest appeared. They relaxed, knowing it could be a while as Elruwen finished the armour repair for the customer. It was a nice day, and pleasant outside, they would enjoy the wait.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 10:50
((OOC: Where have Kyran, Evinye and Killy gone??? I haven't seen them in here for a good long while.))

"Agreed and I'm starting to think that Quarion's reasoning about Naur's gifts are more and more likely to be true."

**a while later the familiar large form of Hwest appeared on the horizon, greadually getting larger as he, with Elruwen, headed towards the Hanging Horseman.**

"Here they come." Celebros smiled

[Edited on 24/3/2004 by maeghin]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 12:12
Elerrina and Celebros watched as Hwest got close enough to see where it was Elruwen wanted him to land, they circled over the pub's rambling structure and the outbuildings and trees (mostly long dead). He gave several querilous calls as if to say 'Here? You want to go here?', then he turned in a sharp bank and, flapping his wings in a sculling motion to slow up and lose altitude, finally he landed with his usual awkward hops to come to a stop.

"Here she is, safe and sound. Now perhaps we can find a few answers to our questions... of which we have many." She took Celebros' hand and they walked over to the pair.

Elruwen climbed down and looked around, picking out the "eagle tree" that Elerrina had mentioned. She gave Hwest the request that he go there to roost as he waited for her, so as not to scare anyone's horses...

((OOC- Killy has been very busy, I think Envinye is still ill, and Kyran I see only occasionally... but yes, I wish they'd come post, too!!))
<< First3940414243Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email