Register

<< First4142434445
Author Topic:
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: June 03, 2004 11:49
Taking hold of Elerrina's slender hand Envinye led her back to the table and sat smiling. "Elruwen it is wonderful also to see you much has changed since our last parting."

Envinye cast a nodd to Quarion then, who in turn nodded slowly. She then turned to address Celebros. "There is no need my friend for appologies except from myself for my so sudden departure without word. For that I am deeply regretful." Her emerald eyes held Elerrina for a moment.

"Ah... but come now tell of what has happend to you all in my absence."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 05:33
"Envinye!" Elerrina shouted in delight. "You're home at last! Oh, where have you been... we were all worried about you!" She returned her friend's kiss on the cheek and hugged her for a long moment. "Ever the lady of mystery, aren't you?" She laughed. "Well, it's wonderful to see you back and taking care of business again. Kyran was here for a while, but then he left, too... and we wondered if you two were off on some quest or adventure."

Elerrina gave her friend another long hug. "It is so nice to see you... and as for our adventures, I'd hardly know where to begin... I suppose I could simply say that the Archers of the Silver Moon have returned from one quest and are just beginning another. We've had some very strange things happen... "

Not quite sure what to share of the group's new quest, she looked to Elruwen and Celebros, then back to Envinye. "Ah... have you seen Kyran? We could sort of use his help if he'd like to come back to the Archers..."
Jeremy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 11:19
Jeremy stood, placing on his vest, placing his belt and sword on and slinging his cloak over his shoulder. He placed his bow on his back and quiver as well. He sighed "If you would excuse me...I must depart...I have business in the mountains of the Riddermark and with the king of Rohan..." He looked to Elerrina, and then he started for the door.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 11:43
"Going so soon good sir?" Quarion asked Jeremy "You have only just arrived, come back and join us for dinner."

"That is a very good point my sweet I haven't seen hide nor hair of Kyran." Celebros added
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 05:27
"Yes, Jeremy... don't go yet! Have dinner with us, now that our illustrious and adventurous Envinye is back from her own adventures! This charming lady will surely hold your attention for the evening..." Elerrina laughed lightly, "with both her cooking and her conversation. Please stay..."

She looked at Celebros and smiled, and he nodded as if to say, "The more, the merrier..."

((OOC- My apologies for not posting very much... I'm just getting started at moving again, so the next 2 months will be hectic and busy. Things should be settled down the first of August, though, and I'll try to post as much as I can. Thanks for being so patient.))
Jeremy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 06:02
((Ive been out of town for a few days, sorry))

Jeremy looked from Quarion to Elerrina and back to Quarion "I do not wish to burden you with my company," He said politely, he could stay, he wasn't expected for another eight days...It was only a two day walk to the capital of Rohan.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 11:51
"You, a burden to us? Don't talk nonsense!" Quarion laughed "Come, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable."

((OOC: its okay you two don't worry about it))
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:27
"Yes," Elerrina added. "Please do stay; we'd love to hear more of your traveler's tales if you'd like to share them." She laughed and gestured around the table at her friends. "We have all heard most of each other's stories of valor and danger... it would be nice to hear some new ones!"

Her friends laughed and nodded.

"I'm sure they've probably heard my favorite ones to tell many times!" She caught Envinye's eye and called over, "Bring everyone another one of whatever they're drinking, please, m'dear... and bring Jeremy another bowl of stew, too, since he's survived the last one!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 09:23
"Yes please do tell us some of your tales. If you don't mind that is." Quarion said "I enjoy hearing things from a non elven point of veiw from time to time."
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 11:03
Envinye returned from the kitchen with large steaming generously filled bowls for each person round the table. Wearily eyeing the steaming substance Elruwen voiced the question they all wondered.

"Envinye what exactly may I ask is this? I have never seen it before."

Envinye smiled back. "Better not to ask." Seeing the worried expression of the others she laughed her own errie laugh. "Please, turst me. You will like it, it's just something new I picked up on my travels." And with her own bowl she sat with them.

"Now you must stay and regale us. We have all heard Elerrina's favourite tales many a time and could hear something new." Envinye could not repress her smile at her friend's mock outrage.
"For instance your name... Jeremy is it?" He nodded. "It is rather odd, but then most things human are." She decided thoughtfully.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 10:32
Elerrina tried not to smile at Envinye's comment about oft-old tales, but she winked at Celebros, then said to her longtime friend,"How can you say that, Envinye, mellon nin? I only tell my tales upon request any more... " she put in a dramatic sigh. "It's not my fault that they are requested often in these quiet times... and with you off gallivanting around who knows where, who is left to tell these tales of courage and adventure in this quiet little pub?"

However, she too was hoping that Jeremy or one of the others would speak up to fill the night with the sights and sounds of a drama they had survived... and now boldly laughed at the danger which could have been their demise.

"Come, come..." Elerrina said with a laugh, "Jeremy? Or someone?" She cautiously tasted the contents of her bowl; not to her surprise it was quite tasty.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 02:02
"Well if its any consolation my love I don't tire of your stories." Celebros smiled

**Elruwen tasted the meal set before her and although it wasn't quite what she was expecting she liked it all the same**

**Quarion on the other hand looked at his bowl and began wondering if he should risking it**

"Evinye...What exactly is in this?" Quarion asked
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 04:09
((Pardon me for writing you in, Mith... but we needed to move on ))

Envinye looked up at Quarion's question, as she filled more tall ale mugs, but shook her long blonde hair. "Ah, all my recipes are trade secrets," she smiled, "but I will say that the meat in the stew is not actually Orc. Of course not!! What would my four Orc friends at Table 9 say?" She glanced at the Orcs. "Oops... I mean my three friends... umm?" She laughed delightedly, shook her head again, placing three more ales on the Orc's table. Then she whisked up the empty ale mugs from the Orc's table and headed off to the kitchens with them, her laugh again trailing after her.

The half-drunk Orcs looked up a bit nervously, then looked at each other. Had three come in or four? They couldn't remember.

Elerrina smiled at Celebros and squeezed his hand gently. He was always so sweet to her. "Come on, someone else must have some war stories or other tales to tell!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 03:09
**Quarion took a mouthful of the stuff and chewed...It reminded him of something he had tried before but he just couldn't remember what.**

"I supposed I have a few tales to tell but I hardly know where to start."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 08:52
There was a *Whomp* from the door to the Inn rooms. A slightly dazed Wolf moved through the doorframe that had interjected itself in his path. He was still recovering from a very long sleep. He had needed it, his first good night in days, if not weeks. He joined the table with the others, overhearing talk of tales of travel.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 01:59
Elerrina looked up with a smile. "Wolf!" She said, getting the attention of the others immediately. "Have you been here long?" She had been lost in her own thoughts, thinking of her own war stories and trying to recall one she hadn't shared a dozen times already, when who should sit down at the table but their long-absent friend.

"How very nice to see you!" She added. "Where have you been all this time? Did you have any adventures? We are sorely pressed for new stories to tell... perhaps you can add some new life to this discussion."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 10:26
"Were we not fighting Orcs just last night? Of the dissapearing after kidnapping dark skinned elf wizard variety." Wolf looked around the table, and out the window, then turned his attention back to the group at hand. "Unless you count finaly getting a good days worth of sleep an adventure, my stories would have to come from an earlyer time"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 08:42
Elerrina smiled and flushed a bit... she hadn't been thinking of last night, but of earlier times. Not that there hadn't been occasions when getting a night's sleep was an adventure! But last night was still too close... she could still feel a cold chill as she thought of their battle to save Quarion. She shook it off.

"Do tell!! You must have had lots of adventures in the Wild. At least before the great War, life in the wilderness would not have been boring! There have been times when even the taking of a shipment of horses to Minas Tirith or beyond was an adventure." She laughed a bit wryly, "As we saw, even now there are enough dark creatures still on the loose to make it an adventure, at times. Our adventures with Elruwen have shown me that, should I have needed reminding."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 10:21
"I'm not much of a storyteller, but I've had a few adventures over the last years." Wolf stared in to his drink, as though apropriate words would materialize inside it. Giving up on that, he sighted and started: "Well, there is one from when I was quite young, I was in Merkwood, with my friend Manewn, who became obsessed with trying to find the fate of his father, who had been taken to Mt. Gundabad in the North. Lissirial was there to, and another elf, and a woman from gondor..... "

P.S. The thread this stories off of: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=10956&page=1
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 06:32
"And Wolf just before you start tellling your tale its drow, not dark skinned elf if you please. I am of a different race in my own right you know." he chuckled

"True" Elruwen replied "But you still have black skin and you are an elf, so technically he's right."

"I know but still..."

"I'm having a joke Quarion."

"Ah...right...I er didn't see that one coming....er back to the story Wolf, don't mind us."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 03:47
"I apologize."

So the story continued, Wolf keeping an eye open to see if anyone was actualy paying any attention while he talked of the journey. He tried to move swiftly past the boring parts and in to the excitment.

"... And there was the sound of hundreds of orcs marching. And our friend was carried along with them. We had no choice but to slip in among them and hope our disquises could hold. I was lucky I knew enought Black Speach to follow the comands, and give others anough of a hint to follow along. Then we were lead in to a great hall, with a booming voice at the other end...."

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:30
**Celebros was listening queitly trying to work out where was where and what was what...his memory still playing cruel games with him.**

**Quarion listened as well, quite surprised that the orcs had more standing in the surface world, where he came from they were a slave race.**

**Elruwen listened to, taking in everying Wolf said and filling away any 'useful' information into her subconscious mind along with all her knowledge out this that and the other she had acumulated over the ages.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 06:30
Elerrina clapped her hands in delight, nodding happily, as Wolf told about their tracking the 'Orcs'. "Lisserial and Litheri did well to fool the Orcs so long... smart girls!" She commented as she listened as Wolf went on about the rescue efforts. He was smart and brave, as well, she thought. She wouldn't have minded having him around on the fields of battle at Minas Tirith...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 02:49
"Smart indeed..." Elruwen added

**Quarion swipped something out of the air and chomped it.**

"Another spider Quarion?" Celebros asked

"Indeed so." he replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 05:29
Elerrina glanced at Quarion, remembering the spider he'd eaten one morning at the Horse Farm... then he'd gone on to tell about liking to eat the spider eggs, too. She stopped a slight shudder, lest he see her. Chicken eggs she could manage, at least if it wasn't too early in the morning, but cottony spider eggs... well, no thanks. She tried to pay attention to Wolf's story, rescuing the 'Orcs' that weren't Orcs, but it only suceeded in reminding her of rescuing Elruwen from the giant spiders of Mirkwood.

She shuddered.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 08:02
"Sorry Elerrina, am I upsetting you so to speak...bad past experiences with spiders or something along those lines? Your heat pattern changed quite suddenly, just curious as to why." he smiled
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 05:46
Looking toward Quarion, Elerrina laughed a bit ruefully. "Well, yes... once, long ago, I helped save Elruwen from the giant spiders of Mirkwood. I had joined her on a completely different quest, but I joined toward the end of it when she desperately needed some of her more magical supplies brought from the Armoury. I had loaded up my packhorse, Kû, as fast as I could after I got her message as to what she needed, but I found her group just about the same time that they made a planned foray into the Spiders' territory. The next thing I knew, I was getting muffled and faraway mind-talk messages from her... she was nearly unconscious then from the spiders' poisons, but still fighting to tell me where she was." She shivered, unsure whether to go on. "It was not a fun experience."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 09:47
"There are giant spiders on the surface as well? How curious below the surface, in my world we use large spiders as pack animals and steeds in much the same way you use horses up here in the surface world. Very strange. I always regarded spiders as being incredably stupid, these ones you describe sound like they posses a few scraps of intelligence...curious indeed....ah please forgive my ramblings." he smiled
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 11:55
((OCC Can I join ?))

*a tall woman entered her face shrouded in a dark cloak and an oak staff with a knarled top in her hand*

*she took a seat in the back close to the people talking and flipped her feet to rest on the edge of a table*

*she listened and chuckled softly as she lit a pipe of long bottom leaf*

*she turned her head just so....her eyes caught the dim light in the pub*

*they glowed violet and cat-like.....seeming to have a light of their own in the darkness....*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 05:34
((OOC- Of course you may join! Welcome... the Proprietress (Mithrodwen) seems to be gone at present, but we few 'regulars' still come by to chat, even leave for an occassional adventure. We write Mith or a Hobbit barmaid in as needed, and Elruwen and I share 'writing in' Celebros (Elerrina's boyfriend, Elruwen's son). She also writes the Drow, Quarion. You might want to read the first page or two to get the 'ambiance' of the place.))

Elerrina had caught the stranger's entrance in her peripheral vision, then turned slightly to keep her in view as she sat down. Curious, she finally gave the tall, cloaked and hooded figure a long glance... even an inocuous woman could be a threat, and people were not always what they seemed. A barmaid came over from behind the bar to wait on the new customer, pointing back over her shoulder at the list of mixed drinks and menu food above the scarred and water-ringed bar. Elerrina knew the list by heart:

Bloody Orc
Virgin Ring Wraith
Troll Tropicana
Wicked Pan Wallop
Saucy Saruon

'If you have any request just let me know', a small sign said...

Then the food on service:
Nazgul noodles
Demon desert
Dragon stew

"What'll you have?" The small barmaid said with a smile. Even standing, she was barely up to the woman's shoulder.

Elerrina would have asked the stranger to join them, but Quarion might be a bit nervous about strangers. Besides, the newcomer may not be the friendly, social type... perhaps she would prefer to remain alone. She'd wait a bit and see...

"Quarion, we're always interested in your 'ramblings'," Ele said, turning back with a slight laugh. "I, for one, like to hear about how you live and what you've done. Your life has been very different than ours, or mine anyway, and yet we also share many likes and dislikes." She laughed again. "Except your taste for spider eggs..."
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 07:10
*she smiled at the maid the ordered a Saucy Saruon*

*she looked over at the strangers near her and one caught her gaze and turned away as to not meet a stare from the violet eyes that blazed with mischief and adventure in the darkness of her cloak*

*she listened to thier conversation and took the drink the barmaid had just brought*

*she sipped it and continued to scan the bar for anything unusual, glanceing over at the group of strangers discussing the spiders of mirkwood*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 11:06
"I will have you try spider eggs one of these days and I don't mean those insipidly little web bundles you find in the undusted corners of old buildings I mean eggs the size of drow child's fist. They make a good......a belive the translation from my tongue is omlette....I cannot be sure though." he smiled

"If you are going to do that Quarion then I am going to force feed you oysters no matter how much you don't like the idea." Celebros laughed in reply

**Quarion pulled a face**

"Now now boys stop wittering on and let Wolf continue with his story." Elruwen chuckled
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 05:42
It took a while for Wolf to compose himself, he had been laughing at the spider's egg exchange.
He continued:

".....This great voice belonged to an Orc or Urik, I know not which, but he was of great size. A good 8 feet tall. 'We are going to War' he anounced. I was woried we would be draged out with them. But the Great Orc called for us to form up companies. And in the great confusion that caused, with Orc all scrambling around trying to find or remember which block they should be in, Our company managed to get togeather at the far side of one of the ranks. We all deserted when the opertunity came headed back in to the dark tunnels of the orc lair...."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:23
**Celebros went back to listening to story making the odd hand gesture representing an oyster snapping just to make Quarion cringe. Quarion also listened glancing over his shoulder once or twice to see who the newcomer was and watch her heat pattern. She didn't seem to pose a threat to him so he went back to listening to Wolf.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 05:51
Following both Wolf's story, as it came to a conclusion, and the exchange about the spider eggs being big enough to make an omlette, Elerrina wasn't sure which to do first: clap with delight at Wolf's happy ending (often unusual when concerning Orcs), or cringe at the idea of spiders' eggs being that BIG... the happy ending won, and she smiled at the tableful of friends and around the room, catching the eye of the stranger in the dark cloak again.

"Would you care to join us?" She asked. "We're telling about our adventures, new and old... and 'mostly' true. Perhaps you have a tale to tell?" As the woman considered, she smiled again, then turned back to her own table. "What a great story, Wolf!"
<< First4142434445
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email