Register

<< First4142434445
Author Topic:
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Hanging Horseman Pub
on: September 01, 2004 09:56
"Would you care to join us?" asked 1 of the strangers "We're telling about our adventures, new and old... and 'mostly' true. Perhaps you have a tale to tell?"

*she considered the proposition then she came over and sat down at their table then introduced herself* I am Alexandra Salmalin, traveling wizard and shapeshifter *she looked at each person inturn with her cat-like violet eye's and smiled*.....I have many tales to tell if you are interested in hearing them
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 11:07
"Ah, another arcane spellcaster like myself. This world must be getting gradually now that there are a fair number of us in one tavern." Quarion laughed "My name is Quarion of no house worth mentioning, an exile if you will."

"My name is Elruwen." she said "And this is my son Celebros"

"I can introduce myself you know, mother." Celebros grinned "As my mother said I am Celebros, the pair of us are the local weapon, armour and jewellery smiths. And suppliers of numerous good ranging from the mundane to the magical."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 04:40
Elerrina introduced herself, "And I am Elerrina Alatariel, Alexandra. I own the horse farm, Mirivanë, not too very far from here. Celebros and I are students of the arcane, as well. His mother is the leader of our group, the Archers of the Silver Moon, and our teacher, as well as our friend." She thought the name of the group would mean nothing to the visitor, though it was Ages old, it was a small group and little known. "You probably have never heard of it..." Her voice trailed off, then she smiled and continued. "You have many tales? Please tell one! We are always thirsty for new storytellers and new listeners..."

Her own green eyes searched the wizard's face. What sort of person lived behind those dark eyes, that pretty face? Was she a 'good' wizard?
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 05:56
*Elerrina heard Alexandera's voice in her head "I am neither good nor evil, I just am and I don't acknowledge sides, for the world to me is boundless, without borders of which to war and fight over....I kill or befriend whom and what I choose, no-one has my alligance but the gods and bright Mithros himself"*

*as Elerrina heard the voice in her head Alexandra spoke to the group* Well I can tell you that once, when I was not even born, my mother, a wild mage from the country of Galla, was traveling with my father as an ambassidor to a forign land riddled with evil......when the time came she was given, by the Graveyard Hag, the gift to rise the dead *everyone gasped* yes, and she went into the evil emperor's museum resurrecting all the ancient bones of the monsters of the past and they roared and tore the place apart.....when her work was done and the emperor of evil had fleed, she gave the power back to the Graveyard Hag and all the monsters that where brought to life returned to thier peacefull slumber and all that remains is a pile of ruins and one skeleton bird we call Bonedancer......he lives with a friend of my father now, and is as much alive as you and I.....

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by LumanaraSage]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 11:43
"Ahem." Quarion coughed

"Alexandra I can tell you speaking telepathically to my friend Elerrina here. We do have a little rule here, or rather it is a matter of etiquette. Not all of us present can speak telepathically so when we non telepaths are present then all present speak aloud. It is quite frustrating when there is probably a rather interesting debate, conversation, or whatever going on and you cannot be party to it, it is also rather rude just as whispering is when in the company of others."

**Quarion's personality had changed once again, this time from the curious young drow he was to the stiff backed archmage he used to be.**

"Quarion, calm down please we are in a tavern not a mage school....remember." Elruwen said
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 05:15
*she bowed her head in respect to Quarion* I understand Mage Master Quarion I was answering her question but if you wish it I will share my answer with you all....

Elerrina here was wondering of my alligance and weither I was, shall we say good or evil.....my reply was this

I am neither good nor evil, I just am and I don't acknowledge sides, for the world to me is boundless, without borders of which to war and fight over....I kill or befriend whom and what I choose, no-one has my alligance but the gods and bright Mithros himself ! *she banged her fist on the table*

*she smiled chuckleing softly* Lady Elruwen, I am not offened by master Quiarion's rule, I've been around the world from end to end of it and lived for 2 hundred years with my father who is an archmage even more protective than this one *she pointed at Quarion*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 06:30
Elerrina smiled, then laughed lightly. "My face must be too open if a stranger can read my thoughts so well," she said. "But no harm done... I am pleased with her answer even if my question was only unspoken."

She relaxed a little more though. It was better to know the new mage had no allegiances to Evil... 'independant' meant 'more thoughtful', to her... she listened to the woman's tale, giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"Celebros..."she said when the tale was finished, "would you tell about the strange talking-rock creature. I've forgotten its name, I'm afraid... but it was where we first found you in the hills. Do you remember? It was as strange a creature as the reanimated bone-bird!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 01:13
"Oh don't mind Quarion he just has a bit of a personality problem I've identified three different personas so far, be thankful he hasn't turned psychotic on us." Elruwen replied, smiling "And please its just Elruwen, I'm not of noble birth."

**Quarion sat there almost looking like he was brooding.**

"You mean the Galeb Dhur?" Celebros smiled "Certainly, where shall I start, from when I met him or from when you met him?"

Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 05:40
"I for one would like to hear how you met such a strange creature, and see it as a creature, not just another rock."
Wolf sat back, settling in to hear another tale stranger then he could imagine.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 03:45
"Yes, the Galeb Dhur... I can't seem to remember the name, though I certainly remember the creature itself... all that low rumbling was really strange! But I'm getting ahead of you..." Elerrina smiled at Celebros and let him go on with his tale.

"Well, I was out in the Wilds with Naur, my wolf..." Celebros began.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 03:59
"And this happened at a time where I was still wandering the world trying to work out who I was and where I had come from, I remembered very little of my past but that is another story. Well we arrived at this very well sheltered area which was empty except for grass and this large moss covered rock. Well I didn't know at the time that the rock was actually a being. The afternoon passed quietly and then come evening The earth began to tremor slightly and so did the air, the vibrations almost pulsed through Naur and myself and they were coming from this rock. I went up for a closer look to see what was going on and as I was prodding and poking what was his face he opened his eyes and blinked needless to say I was quite taken aback, the Galeb Dhur is quite an unusual being, slower than an ent but level pegging when it comes to intelligence and wisdom...and over the next few years we became friends teaching each other each other's language and that all ended when mother found me. Their language is similar to the ents when it comes to long words but its more a language of hums and long held sounds than the spoken words of other tongues and quite hard to understand at the best of times. They spend most of the time asleep, sleeping for sometime weeks at a time and they are phenominally strong and very swift and agile their form would say otherwise. Never make an enemy of one they are a foe you would not want to counter. There is more to them than they let on there is." Celebros said
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 07:03
When he paused for reflection, Elerrina commented on their own arrival. "Our group had been sneaking through the brush, trying to evade the eyes and ears of any pursuit. We were miles and miles from anywhere and trying to settle in for a well-deserved hot meal. Kyran had built a very small, nearly smokeless fire and the kettle was on. Apparently the Galeb Dhur had perceived our presence, and it had begun to hum... a deep sound, more felt than heard... but we knew someone (or something) other than ourselves was close. A few Archers began to creep closer to the noise to find out what was making it..."

She looked to Celebros again. "Wasn't it Kyran who first saw you and the Galeb Dhur, and came back to get Elruwen?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:13
"I don't quite remember I saw a whisp of hair and the next thing i saw was the group of you hiding in the little shrubery that was present. I wonder what's become of my friend its been a long while since I last saw him."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 04:18
Elerrina smiled as the mental pictures came back to her mind. "Ah, yes... who knows? And yet, he's probably still there, or at least nearby. It didn't look like he was the kind of creature who moved very fast, but you say it did... or could. How strange." She gave a short sigh, "I wonder what has happened to Kyran. It's been a long time since we've seen him, too. Has anyone heard anything?"

She glanced at the newcomer, not wishing to exclude her from the conversation, but the woman's eyes were turned elsewhere.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 06:42
"I have not heard from him sence I was first at the Armory. But then I have been out and away, and have not heard from many. I do hope nothing to terrable had befallen him."

Wolf absentmindedly pulls off a silver and ruby ring, spinining it in his fingers.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 03:03
At Wolf's answer, Elerrina sighed and commented, "I'm worried about him; it's not like Kyran to be gone so long." Catching the glint of red light reflecting from Wolf's ring, Elerrina watched as the Man fiddled with the ring in his hands. The light of the pub was dim, but the stone seemed to have a glow of it's own. She watched for a few minutes, then spoke up.

"Wolf, what kind of stone is that in your ring? It seems to have a light within it... is it an Elven work?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 11:38
Wolf stopped fidgeting and looked down at the ring. Remembering back to when he first got it. "I'm not sure, actually, I found it in my journeys" He held the ring out for Elerrina to see. It was remarkably unscathed, and untarnished despite being on a well worn hand. "Would have missed it to, had not an orc forced me to the ground by it. I feel sorry for whoever lost it in the first place."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 01:15
"I don't tend to think of things like that." Quarion replied "In this dase I would say that the ring was destined to leave its owner and find you, or rather you were destined to find it, but that's just my outlook on life. Everything happens for a reason."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 12:33
"Perhaps, but none like to lose things, for reason or for not. Still, I know not of its make."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 05:55
"Then perhaps you should ask our to Nolodorin friends to have a look at it for you." Quarion grinned

"I can have a look at it for you if you want." Celebros said
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 05:09
Wolf handed the ring over to Celebros. "Please, I would love to know more about it."

ooc: (is the ring that's in his profile, he just not aware of it yet)
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 07:16
((OOC: I'm taking this as part of a high powered campaign so the relevent description will follow lol. Oh yeah and you forgot to include the one the Archers gave you in your desc.))

**Celebros took the ring from Wolf studied it for a few moments and almost dropped it in a mix of disgust and shock.**

"You mean to tell me that you have no idea at all where this ring originated from? What would you say If I was to tell you that this is one of nine rings made....one of the nine rings that were possessed by Nazgul." Celebros murmered "You be very careful with this ring my friend. We don't know what power, if any, the ring contains and it could well still have the power to corrupt those that bare it like those evil, vile nine. I'd hate to guess which of the nine possessed it, I do not know those details."

[Edited on 24/10/2004 by Elruwen]
LumanaraSage
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2004 04:04
*she too examined the ring as it was passed around to almost all*

*she recognized it at first sight as a Nazgul ring but kept it silent in case this "Wolf" wanted a secret kept, then Celebros spoke telling all it's origin*

*she listened intently watching Wolf with her lavender eyes trying to name the feelings that swept across his face in flashes of fear and worry*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 09:25
"If you do not mind me asking, Wolf. Where exactly did you find the ring?" Celebros asked

**Quarion sat their quietly listening intently.He had heard much of these nine that reeked terror on the overworld in their time...He wanted to learn more of them but was nearvous to ask.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:55
Elerrina had followed the conversation, looking from one to the other as each had spoken, but she shivered at the words Celebros had spoken.

Looking at first Wolf, then Celebros, then Quarion, she asked, "You didn't know where it came from, Wolf? Is there still enough Evil in Middle Earth to make the possession of this ring dangerous to Wolf, Celebros? Surely the ring has lost all its power, wouldn't it? Or Wolf would have-- " she broke off, not wanting to say aloud that Wolf surely would have succumbed to the intrinsic power of this ring... if it still had any.

Embarrassed, she looked down. She knew Wolf was not an evil Man... but perhaps his ring was simply biding its time until the right time... she didn't know. "How... how did you have such an infamous Ring fall into your hands, Wolf?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 01:10
"There is always evil in the world it just depends on who it chooses to manifest itself. You and I both know as do the older archers that the threat of great evil is still very evil. It is only a matter of time before Melkor tries to break free again." Elruwen replied

"Remember the nine rings were created before the one and temptation of power has always been enough to corrupt weaker minds of any race. I can still sense power in the ring but nothing like the amount it had in bygone days. Yes a potential threat is still there but like all evils I think it is biding its time." Celebros added

"The nine...rings of power this is all very confusing to a denizen of the world below the surface. Would someone like to explain this to me?" Quarion asked
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 04:56
"Well, it's a long story, Quarion, but I'll simplify it... and you others can correct me if I make a mistake," she began. "It was long, long ago when Sauron began to scheme about controling all of Middle Earth and all its peoples... he began courting the leaders of the various Peoples of Middle Earth. He gave each a beautiful magic ring... beautiful and powerful... but unknown to the leaders of Men and Dwarves, Sauron still had control of the rings and his influence corrupted the leaders. The Elves had magic rings, too, three of them; but Sauron had not made them. Somehow, though, when Sauron forged a ring to control the others...The One Ring... it allowed him to also sense the Elves' rings and their doings. Wisely, the Elves' stopped using their rings lest Sauron be able to control them, too." Elerrina stopped to sigh, then continued. "The great kings of Men fell under Sauron's spell, and when they died-- they didn't die! They became the Ring Wraiths... the undead... and Sauron's most horrible and powerful servants, as all who fell under his spells were his slaves. Sauron began his conquest of Middle Earth then, and at the end only those Elves and Dwarves and Men of the Last Alliance stood against him." She stopped again and looked from Elruwen to Celebros. "That was before my birth, but you both were there; would you go on with Isildur's story?"

Speaking about Sauron and his first-- and almost successful-- conquest of Middle Earth was hard for Elerrina. It brought back all the labor and horror of the most recent attempt of Sauron to rule Middle Earth or destroy it. She felt almost dizzy as she thought of the uncertainty of their position then... for very few had known about the Fellowship and the attempt to destroy the One Ring by sending it back into Mordor, to the fires of Mt. Doom. They had only known that Elves and Men and Dwarves must work together, even against insurmountable odds, if they were hoping to survive another year, even in war...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 02:17
"I still don't remember that far back my memory it rather patchy in that area." Celebros replied

"The story of Isildur and what happend from then till the beginning of the forth age is not one I choose to recount on demand but I have a written account of what happened back home. You may borrow it next time you pass the armoury. Now shall we try and turn our attention to a subject which isn't so dark? I don't like discussing past events concerning Melkor and his minions." Elruwen said

"Thank you Elruwen, I am sure it will be a most interesting read." Quarion replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 08:00
Elerrina turned her attention back to Wolf's ring, then looked into his face with curiousity. "What do you think, Wolf? Have you had any experiences with the ring's powers, if it still has any? And where did you find it?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2004 08:34
With Elerrina's second adress to him, Wolf's mind finely snaped back to the pressent.
"I'm sorry, I dazed off remembering." Wolf put the ring down and blinked a couple times before continuing. "I found it in the wastes of Mordor. I went though there with and Elf friend of mine shortly after the destruction of the One Ring. It was a scouting mission of sorts, to see what had become of the orcs and others. We were, despite precosions, overwehlmed and captured, I was thrown to the ground, and when I was, it was there, right before my eyes. So I grabed it. then... well, thats how I found it." Wolf looked downword, and sighed back painful memories, before recomposing himself. "Its never been more then metle and stone to me. At least so far as I can tell. I don't want the power it had, such power only corrupts. I'd rather just stay a simple ranger." Wolf picked the ring up on edge, and spun it on the table. But yes, to a brighter subject.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 06:38
Looking deep into his face, Elerrina searched Wolf's eyes. There was no lust for power there, only an unwaveringly straight gaze back into her face, though it lasted only a second or two.

As he dropped his gaze to his ring again, she dropped her gaze, too. She knew how hard some of her memories were to recall, even now... as memories of the war and it's aftermath came to mind. Then other memories flooded in as well, memories of how the Hobbits had rebounded after the war, bringing the Shire where she now lived and raised her horses, back to it's present glory. Even the Hanging Horseman Pub, though still somewhat dilapidated (by choice), was now a place of fun and camaraderie for Elves and Men and Hobbits alike.

She raised her glass of the HH's fine ale. "Here's to good friends, true friends... old and new!" She took a sip... good friends were one of the best things about living, here or anywhere.

[Edited on 12/9/2004 by Elerrina]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2004 08:40
Wolf raised his glass with the other, "Old and new." and drank from it. "Come now, someone must have another story to tell"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 04:28
"I'll drink to that." Celebros grinned, "So who's turn is it now to spin us a tale?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 08:14
"It's as quite as a grave after that question! Do no one have a tale worth telling. Well, I guess I could tell another - if no one else will speak."

Wolf looked expectantly around the table.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:51
"Volunteering to tell a tale is not always a good idea young man." Quarion laughed "It looks as if you will be telling yet another story."
<< First4142434445
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email