Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
Post YYH2: The New Reikai Tantei (please pm to join)
on: July 02, 2003 06:27
(OOC: Please pm me to join this thread; or post in the OOC discussion and wait to here from me before you starting posting here. Thanx)

Haku Minamono lounged on his family's sofa. It was just the beginning of summer and the sixteen year old confessed to feeling a bit bored.

Running his fingers through his shoulder length red-gold hair, he stood.

"Mom, I'm going to the Uremeshii's for a while!" he called out, barely hearing her answer.

Now outdoors, Haku stuck his hands in the pockets of his jeans and grinned. Eriko would probably be working at her family's restuarant and there was nothing more that Haku liked to do than try to get her ire up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Palace of Reikai, amid the busy typing and processing of the onis and the bustling of the ferrygirls, one young woman stood in front of a database, frowning.

Reaching out a slender hand, she clicked the mouse to change the screen and her violet eyes narrowed.

"Jorj!" she called, turning. The blue oni ran up.

"Yes, Miss Ayame?" he asked.

"Where is my husband?" Ayame asked. "I need to see him right away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Okay guys, there you go! Can't wait to see your posts!)
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: YYH2: The New Reikai Tantei (please pm to join)
on: July 02, 2003 07:43
A blade came rushing down to be blocked by another with a clash of metal. The blade who had blocked the other belonged to the child of Heie and Mukuro, her name was Taski. The other blade's owner was none other than the girl's father Heie.

The girl pushed agains her father's blade with much strength for a teenage girl. She managed to push the blade away and push her father back. Now it was her turn. She ran forward and jumped into the air, slashing downwards with her blade and of course it was blocked by her father's. She kept the force of her weight on the blade but her father pushed her way knocking her in to the air.

She did a back arial though and landed on her feet opposite of him. Heie gave a slight smile,"You are getting stronger but you still have much to learn Taski." She nodded her eyes smiling,"Yes I know but you better watch out when I do though."

He gave a soft chuckle,"Yes I may actually have to watch my step around you." There was a window to Taski's left and she looked outside,"I'm goin to go outside. Maybe see some of the others that you've told me about." Heie's smile left his face but it was nice and he wouldn't have been able to stop his daughter no matter what he said,"Yes you can go."

Taski smiled, set down ehr sword. and ran out the main door of the temporary house. She looked around at her surrounding. It was beautiful today, her silvery blue eyes glinting in the sunlight. She rarely cared but her mood today was good so she took the time to enjoy the outdoors.

There was a wall boardering the side walk and she jumped up onto it and walked easily along it. Her hands were in her pockets as she walked along the wall . She didn't realise where he was going until she figured it was the direction to Uremeshii's house.

She remembered hearing about Yusuke Uremeshii from her father. He had been quite the fighter especially if her father said so. She had been walking for a little bit when ahead ofher she spotted a boy probably about her age with red gold hair.

'This must be Kurama's kid, Haku," she thought to herself. She jumped from the wall to land lightly behind the boy. She walked behind him, she had feeling he knew she was there but why bother to show herself until she was noticed.

[Edited on 2/7/2003 by Sillende]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 08:46
Haku paused slightly; he kept having this odd feeling that he was being watched. He had shaken it off the first few times, but the feeling remained.

Turning, he saw a girl about his age looking at him. There was something about her that made him think that maybe she wasn't quite normal; it could have been her silvery eyes, but then again, Haku's mother had odd eyes too.

His blue tinted green eyes traveled to the sword that the girl had strapped to her side. He cocked his head and smiled.

"You do know that carrying that thing around is illegal right?" he asked in a friendly way.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 09:42
(( my sword I set down before leaving but since you can't edit it right now I'll fit it to what you posted.))

The boy turned and looked at her with green eyes tinted with blue. He had a smile on his face with his head cocked slightly to the side, he said with a friendly tone,"You do know that carrying that thing around is illegal right?"

She looked at her sword and gave a soft laugh,"I didn't even realize I had it on but yes I know it's illegal but that's just makes better to risk carrying it around."

She thought for a moment, this boy didn't sem so bad and she hadn't spoken with someone her age for awhile so she decided to giver him her name. "Well it seems we have left out each other's names so I'll go first in telling mine. I'm Taski and who would you be?"

His head was still cocked to one side as he said after a few moments while holding out his hand,"Haku Minamono." Taski took his hand and shook it with a firm grip. As she let go the to just stared at each other for a moment then Haku began to continue on his way.

Taski with nothing better to do caught up with him and they walked in silence. It was odd for her to be seen with another except for maybe one of her parents every now and then. She rarely felt the need for companionship but she did need to find friends or at least acquaintances that she could have as allies if she ever needed them.
EriArishima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 09:52
Eriko jogged along happily. She had weasled her way out of work early and was off to visit Maiko.

Upon seeing Haku and Taski walking, she raised her eyebrows and sidled over to them with a mischevous grin.

"Hey, Haku. Who's your girlfriend?"

Oh, she was going to enjoy his reaction to that one.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 10:14
(OOC: *smacks head* Oh, I'm brilliant. Sorry about that Sillende...)

After a few moments, Haku decided to keep walking. Taski walked beside him, but he didn't mind.

In a few minutes, a girl with long black hair and chocolate brown eyes jogged up. The said eyes lit up with mischief as she approached.

"Hey, Haku, who's your girlfriend?" she asked, grinning. Haku raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, this is Taski. I just met her a few minutes ago, Eri-chan." Haku grinned to himself; Eriko hated it when he called her that.
EriArishima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 10:24
Eriko scowled at him and then grinned again.

"Oh, I see, Haki-poo. I guess I just got the wrong idea."

She batted her eyelashes and smiled innocently. No matter how much she hated being called Eri-chan, he could not stand being called Haki-poo.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 10:35
"Ah, back to name calling, I see." Haku shrugged and turned away, ignoring Eriko. "Taski, right? I haven't seen you around here before. Did you and your family just move here or something?"
EriArishima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 10:38
Eriko rolled her eyes.

"Well, anyway, I have to be going. See ya 'round."

She walked by and hit Haku soundly in the ear.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 01:21
Taski held her hand over her mouth at antics of the two though she ignored being called Haku's girlfriends. She would not lose her temper though she didn't mind it as much. AS Haku turned away from the girl he asked her,"Taski, right? I haven't seen you around here before. Did you and your family just move here or something?"

The girl turned and went but of course not with out hitting Haku on the ear. Taski shook her head a slight smile on ehr face. She then answered his question,"Oh yes we just moved in, it's really just temporary for now. It's kind of nice here."

"So where are you walking too? I don't know much about this place, My dad gave me directions to go to some houses if I need to but other than that not really."
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2003 04:54
A girl about 15 years old with long blue hair was sparing with a boy the same age but he had Long red hair and bright blue eyes.
"Okay, Maiko that's enough for today, I can't handle any more."
"What are you a baby Caesar? Oh well, Let's go over to Eriko's. Come on I told her we'd meet her and everyone else at the resturant." Maiko called down the hallway to her parents,
"MOM!!!!DAD!!!! I'm going over to Eriko's for a while okay?"
"Alright just be back by dark." Was the reply Maiko recieved. Maiko and Caesar ran out the door, heading for the Uremeshii house.

[Edited on 21/10/2003 by Evelyn_Hope]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 03:54
(OOC: Evelyn_Hope, I am a little confused by your post. Ceaser is Kurama and Botan's kid right? If so, then he would probably already know Eriko because his older brother Haku does)

Haku absentmindedly rubbed the ear Eriko had hit.

"Well, I was going to the Uremeshii's restuarant. It's a hang out for me and my friends usually. Hey, if we go, I can introduce you to Eriko's parents. And I guess I could show you around some other places we like to hang out, if you want."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(OOC: Explanations are too long, but if you are confused or have questions about this part of the post, then go to the OOC discussion; I'll have a message posted explaining somethings)

A teenaged Koenma looked at the papers Ayame had given him and sighed heavily.

"War in Maikai again?" he asked.

Ayame nodded. "And this time I do not think it can be stopped with a tournament like last time. Yomi is already fighting with Yusuke's men. When he finds out, Yusuke will retaliate; you know how he is. And if Mukuro gets pulled in as well..."

"Enki will have too much to handle." Koenma finished, scowling. "And we don't even have a team to go and check it out. I suppose it would be asking too much of Kurama to go and see if he can calm Yomi down."

"He wouldn't like it, but he would probably do it." Ayame said. Koenma nodded, sucking his pacifier, still in use after all this time, fiercely.

"We need a new team." Ayame commented quietly. "And quickly."

"We've been over this Ayame. Yusuke and the others made it very clear that they did not want their children engaged in something like this. They had too many close calls themselves."

"I know that. But soon it could be too late. There's something wrong about this, Koenma. I know Yomi is paranoid and inclined to argue, as is Yusuke's men, but they've never fought outrightly like this. Yomi usually settles it with Yusuke. It's...it's almost as if..."

"He's trying to start something." Koenma frowned. "Fine, we'll get Kurama. And I'll think about a new Spirit Team." He sighed again and his shoulders slumped a little. Ayame came around the desk and knelt by his chair. She didn't say anything, but placed a slender hand on his arm. He covered it with his own and closed his hazel eyes.

"Go get Hinageshi. She's trained enough now for an assignment." Koenma stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(OOC: I'll post more later; this is long enough for now. Like I said, any questions, pm me or go read the message I'll post on the OOC discussion board, okay? ^__^)
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 04:32
Taski thought for a moment, she would be able to meet Yusuke Uremeshii and see what he's like, that would be an honor but she wouldn't say anything of course. Her father had told her not to.

Coming out of thought she nodded,"All right. Sounds good enough."

Haku and Taski began to walk to the restaurant and a few minute's later it came into sight. The two teenagers went in the door. Haku lead her to the counter where man stood behind the counter. A woman was near the cash register.

"Hello Haku, I see you brought a new friend along with you." the man said with a friendly smile. "Hello. Yes I did, her name..."Haku began but stopped as she held up a hand indicating she could introduce herself. "I'm Taski you must be Yusuke Uremeshii." She looked at him with her silvery blue eyes.

Yusuke looked at her curiously but covered his look with a question,"Did you just move here Taski?" She nodded,"Yes I don't know how long we're staying though." She looked over to the woman who had now turned her attention to them,"Is that your wife?"

Yusuke nodded,"Yea, the strongest punch I've ever gotten was from her." He paused and then noticed the sword strapped to Taski's side."You know you have a sword strapped to your side right? You don't want to get caught with that."

She put her hand on the hilt of her sword,"Yes I know, that's why I'm carrying it. It's risky but if I get caught it just makes it more interesting."

'This girl seems different than anyone I've ever met. She almost sounds like...but that couldn't be. She's just different that's all." He shook his head.

Taski turned to Haku,"So are any of your other friends here?"

[Edited on 3/7/2003 by Sillende]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 04:56
Haku looked around. "No, not really. Oh wait..." his gaze fell on a small, slender girl with a sleek head of read hair and large, innocent violet eyes. "My little sister is here. Chei!"

The girl looked up and Haku waved her over. "Taski, this is my sister, Chei. Chei, this is Taski. She's just moved here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Kurama was typing on his computer when there was a knock on the door. He looked up as Botan came in.

"Kurama, I think you need to come out here." she said quietly. Kurama frowned and stood, following his wife. In their living room stood a small red-head with large blue eyes, wearing the white kimono and red hakama of a traditional Shinto priestess.

"Hello, Kurama." she said shyly.

"Hinageshi." Kurama smiled. "It has been a long time."

"Yes." the younger ferry-girl seemed nervous. "I'm here, because Koenma asked me to come get you." she glanced nervously at Botan.

"Why?" Botan asked. Hinageshi shrugged.

"I don't know! He didn't say; just said to come tell Kurama that he is needed."

"Just me?" Kurama asked. Hinageshi nodded again.

"Must have something to do with Yomi." he murmered. "I suppose I must come now?"

"Yes."

Kurama sighed. "Give me a few minutes."

Botan followed him to the bedroom as he quickly changed into more durable clothes. He looked up and met her worried look.

"Botan.."

"I know." she said quietly. "Just get back soon, all right?"

"I will." Kurama kissed the top of her head. "Tell the kids I should be home in a few days."

They went back downstairs and Hinageshi and Kurama left. Botan blew out a breath; since she had given up her place as a ferry girl to become Kurama's wife, she had pretty much become a normal human.

Well, she had nothing better to do, she decided. Maybe she would stop by Yukina's. The cheerful ice maiden was always nice to talk too. And maybe Shizuru was there too. Botan grinned; she heard that Shizuru was going out with some guy. It was revenge time for all the times Shizuru had teased her about Kurama. Chuckling a little to herself, Botan left a note for the kids that she had gone to the Kuwabara's and would be home in an hour.
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 10:45
(((OOC: Srry Jaid, I forgot aobut that part, I can edit it.)))

Maiko and Caesar ran out of the house, down the street, and headed towards, the meeting spot at the resturant Yuske owned. They arrived there out of breath and saw that Haku, Chei, and Taksi were there.
"Hey you guys!! Haku who's your girl friend?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caesar turned to his siblings, and saw who he thought looked like Maiko's dad walking by.
"Maiko, isn't that your dad?" Maiko turned and saw the man Caesar was pointing to.
"Uh, no. My dad's back at my house working on something. He yells at me if I disturb him." Maiko turns back to face her friends.
Yukina was in washing the dishes, when Kuzuma came in and placed his hands on his wife's waist.
"What are you so freaked about Yukina?"
"I'm just worried. I felt that something was wrong but I can't tell what it is?"
"There's no need to worry, Our days during the Dark Tournement are over."
"I know Kuzma." There was a knock at the door, and the two broke apart and Yukina went to get it.
"Oh, what a surprise Boton. What brings you here?"

(((Quick ? does Yukina know Heie's her hlaf brother or has he not told her yet? just wondering.")))

[Edited on 5/7/2003 by Evelyn_Hope]
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 11:50
(( no one knows Taski yet well except those she knows now, you see since her mother Mukuro is ruler of one of the three territories, look at ooc for explanation Taski has been there for a litte bit and is saying she just moved here. Just wanted to clear things up. and aslo if Taski and Maiko know they're are related it might only be Taski who knows for now.))

Taski looked at Haku's little sister,"Hello Chie." Just then a boy and girl came running in. Haku seemed to be related to many people. The girl said,"Hey you guys!!"

Taski looked at the two people, this was one of the time she had come to live here earlier so she could have met them all. She asked,"Who are you two?"

"I'm Maiko and this is Caesar." The girl said,"Who are you?"

"Taski, I just moved here." She said observing the two like she had done the others while standing there with nothing to do. So this was her cousin Maiko. She looked at her cuirously but didn't mention anything not right now.

They all seemed to know eachother very well and all seemed to have a sister or brother connection related or not. Taski on the other hand had always been a loner except when she formed allies but nothing more and when she was with her parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heie stood in the house Taski had just left. He was standing looking out the window at the bright day. He slightly ergretted telling Taski of most of his past with Uremeshii. She was a strong girl though and if something were to happen involving something like that she would not die easily.

He had a feeling though that something was going to happen. He stepped outside the door and went behind the house and jumped to the roof, sitting there to think through his troubled thoughts. He came to a descision if Koenma made up the idea of doing something involving their children he would slit is throat or no he wouldn't do that. He couldn't, well none the less he would get hurt all the same.

He sat silently looking down on the street below him watcing as humans went about life as they always did.

[Edited on 3/7/2003 by Sillende]
EriArishima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2003 04:34
"Chie!"

Chie looked up at her brother with her soft violet eyes. He was with a girl she didn't know. She walked over with a big, sweet smile on her face.

"Taski, this is my sister, Chie," Haku began the introduction. "Chie, this is Taski. She just moved here."

"Hello, Chie," Taski greeted.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Chie said cheerily.

She looked over as Caesar and Maiko came in. It was suddenly getting quite crowded, and since she wasn't very good with people, she decided to just step back and be silent.

[Edited on 4/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2003 12:30
(OOC: It's okay! I think Sillende is right though, Evelyn; Taski may know, but Maiko may not. Heie never did tell Yukina the truth, though to give my opinion, I think she suspects near the end of the series. Okay, enough blathering...)

Haku looked up. "Hey, Maiko. Hey Ceaser. Why don't we grab on of the tables?"

The others agreed and they sat down. The door opened and Eriko came in. Haku sighed to himself. Well, as long as the girl talked to Maiko it would be okay for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Botan smiled at Yukina. "Oh nothing much; I just needed commpany." her smile faded. "Unless you are really busy? I'm sorry; I should've callled."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurama was silent after Koenma finished.

"I see." was all that he said. "I will talk to him; but I cannot guarentee he will listen, Koenma."

"I know." the prince admitted. "But we have to do something. And Kurama...about your children..."

Kurama straightened just the slightest. "What about them?"

"Have they any idea of-"

"Of our past? No. Botan and I didn't think it would be necessary to tell them." There was a hint of steelyness in the kitsune's voice. Koenma bit the inside of his cheek.

"Kurama, we may need to recruit them." he said quietly. Kurama's face stayed impassive, but there was a tightening of his shoulders.

"It's gotten that bad?"

Koenma looked solemn. "I'm afraid so."

Kurama stood. "There's nothing I can do to stop if you...do recruit them." he paused, emotions conflicting in his eyes. "But if it is necessary, then-"

"I can't, Kurama. You and the others can not have any more ties to Reikai because of your positions. Only Kuwabara-"

"Then at least let him help them." Kurama broke in. "A little help is better than none."

Koenma nodded. "All right." he said quietly. "But those kids will have to know everything. I'll have to send a message to Botan; or would you rather wait until you get back."

Kurama's lips tightened. "With Yomi, there's no telling when I'll be able to get away."

"I understand." Koenma said, though he was thinking nervously about breaking the news to Heie and Mukuro.

Kurama nodded, then left the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Mukuro walked out onto the porch of the house they had just moved into. It had taken some time to get used to the way humans lived; it was so quiet...so routine...somewhat boring. The demon smiled to herself and then reached up to touch the left side of her face. When in Ningenkai, she used a disguise given to her by Koenma to hide the horrible physical scars she carred. Mukuro wasn't sure if she was glad to have her former beauty back for a while; it was a little odd looking in the mirror in the mornings at a smooth face.

She shrugged; there was no point in thinking like that. She walked down the porch steps and out enough to see onto the roof where Heie sat.

"Isn't that a rather odd place for you to be sitting?" she called out, a hint of teasing in her voice.

(OOC: Just out of curiosity, are my posts too long for you guys? Just wondering...)
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2003 01:02
(( not for me Jaid. I like long posts any way.))

Heie was pulled from thought at the voice of Mukuro. He looked down at her. "Maybe I feel like being tall,"he said standing. He jumped down to land beside her.

"What was the real reason?" Mukuro asked knowing he would have a better reason than "wanting to feel tall". "No reason...all right there's no use hiding things from you. I'm troubled about something."

Mukuro looked at him, something like surprise in her eyes,"About what?"

"Koenma..." he asnwered and Murkuro seemed to understand his trail of thought."Heie, you all told him that you did not want your children involved in this."

"I know but Taski knows basicly everything of our past. Maybe we should have let her live here in the human world, not knowing anything about us. No one would have known that she was our child, she would have been safe." He was surprised at his own words.

Mukuro placed a hand on his shoulder,"Koenma would have known, and what would the humans have thought with a girl with speed and strength beyond them along with other unique talents. Who would be my heir besides you?"

Heie sighed softly,"Your probably right. I just want her to live a better life than us."

Murkuro nodded,"So do I and she will. Taski is a strong girl and can fend for herself." Heie nodded, she was right and that was exactly what he had thought before."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taski sat down with the others, silently listening to them talk. She sat next to Haku, since he was the one she hadmet first. She looked over to the door as the girl from earlier walked in.

Taski remained quiet, she looked over to Maiko and watched her, so she was related to one of these kids, to bad she wasn't supposed to say anything. She sighed softly and watched them talk.
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2003 02:23
The Ice Appirition, noticed something was wrong,
"No I'm not busy, come on in. Is there something you wanted to talk about?" Boton looked at Yuinka
"No. It's nothing really." There was a loud crash in the kitchen, form Kuzuma breaking china
"Kuzuma what is it?"
"Nothing darling. Nothing."
Maiko turned and saw Eriko come throught the door and waved at her, as well as Haku's reaction to Eriko arriving.
"Eriko so glad you made it. Come, come sit down." She shoved Caesar out of the way, so that Eriko could sit down.
"Hey, what was that for?"
"I don't know, I just felt like it." Eriko sat down and there was talking among them and Maiko was just happily watching.

(((You'r posts are fine Jaid, I like long posts even though I might not have the same lenght but I do like them.)))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2003 01:01
(OOC: lol, okay. Just didn't want to think I'd be over whelming you guys or anything; I tend to be a rambler, so...)

Haku laughed at his brother's reaction to Maiko. "Give it up, bro. Those two girls are probably going to torment us for the rest of our lives."

"Better believe it." Eriko chimed in, tossing a balled up napkin at his head. Haku dodged it and made a face at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Botan couldn't help but giggle. 'Poor Kuwabara.' she thought. 'Still as clumsy as ever.'

The two women sat at the table.

"Nothing I wanted to talk about in particular except..." Botan trailed off. "It's just that, Kurama had to go back to Makai today." the blue-haired woman's voice dropped a little. "I guess it was a little unexpected; it's just that I worry when he...well, when he has to go. And I have this other feeling that whatever is wrong, may get worse." A sudden smile broke onto her face. "Of course, I may be absolutely paranoid about the entire thing!" she added, laughing a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hinageshi frowned as she looked around the empty house and saw Botan's note. The ferry-girl blinked, then ran out.

"I guess it's off to Yukina's then." she said to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mukuro gave a rare, gentle smile to Heie, then blinked. "Speaking of Taski, do you know where she is?" another smile, this time a wry one, came onto the woman's face. "She seems to have inheirited her father's habit of sneaking away without telling me." she added with a hint of dry humor.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2003 01:21
Heie smirked at this comment,"She trained hard today so I let her run off and meet some of the others. People her age for once." He said after a pause the smirk still there,"Anyway if she told you she was going you would follow her. I certainly woudn't want my mother following me."

"Well I must be the better parent here because you let her run off with her sword."

Heie shrugged,"If she gets caught she'll simply think it a game. She takes the risk on purpose." He looked out to the street.

Taski caught the napkin which Eriko had thrown and Haku had dodged. "You threw it to slow, if you had thrown if faster and harder it would have hit him right in the face."

She looked at Haku,"If you are trying to scare people with that face it won't work it might make them laugh though." She said getting a little tired of being silent.

Yusuke who had been watching the strange girl silently thought,'She does sound like Heie. It could be just a coincidence but how many people can sound like that.'

He busied himself with helping customers, trying to get his mind off of things.

[Edited on 6/7/2003 by Sillende]
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2003 01:29
Maiko had heard what Haku said, and Eriko's responce
"Better believe it." She added playfully,
"You know Eriko, maybe we should stop teasing them, but that'd be no fun at all. Besides it's fun to tease them, wouldn't you agree?" She ruffled Caesar's hair as he tried to sit back down, while pushing him again.
"You still fall for that, I can't belive it you've got to be empty up stairs. I know your brother wouldn't fall for that trick twice," she turned to Haku, "Would you Haku?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yukina was very surprised at what Boton had said,
"So does that mean that Kuenma will try to recruit our childern, to be the new spirit dectetives? I know I don't want Maiko to participate but, Maiko also doesn't know about her relation to Heie. It'll come as a shock to her. As it did to me even though Heie never told me. I'd probaqbly go parinod if the same thing happened to Kuzama, but then again I have nothing to worry about. Do you really think that Kuenma will go against our wishes that our children have nothing to do with this?" The Ice Appiration asked Boton, a hopeful expersion on her face.
"Because you know Heie would literally wnat to slit Kuenma's thorat if he hears about it." Yukina couldn't help but start to laugh. Kuzuma sat down at the table with a very serious expresion on his face,
"Heie's not going to be the only one, that'll want to kill that little short man." He muttered.

[Edited on 6/7/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 09:25
Haku looked at Taski and grinned. "Yeah, well, it's not nice to scare girls. Or at least that's what Mom says." He was about to ask her about her sword again, when Maiko burst in to laughter.

"You still fall for that, I can't believe it you've got to be empty upstars." Maiko laughed at Ceaser. "I know your brother wouldn't fall for that trick twice." she looked at him. "Would you, Haku?"

Haku shrugged. "Would you try that trick on me in the first place?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

"Like her father." Murkuro murmered, mostly to herself, then sighed. "I guess I'll go in and see what I can do for dinner." She smiled wryly to herself; before Taski was born, she never would think to hear herself say that.

Turning she started back towards the house, then paused and looked back at Heie. "Are you coming inside?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Botan shrugged helplessly. "I don't know. You know Kurama did insist on training our boys in martial arts but..." she shook her head. "I'm sure that if Koenma did anything, it would be because he had no choice." she smiled a little hesitantly at Kuwabara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Hinageshi stared at the house. "Yep, this seems to be the right place." she brightened a little. "It will be nice to see Yukina." The ferry girl mused, remembering the ice maiden from years before. She raised her hand and knocked.

(OOC: Hinageshi is from one of the movies. I don't know much, but I think it had to do with a orb that Botan was protecting from this evil youkai person. Hinageshi helped; she was a ferrygirl-in-training at the time)

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2003 09:45
Taski shook her head as Maiko ruffled Ceaser's hair. "Oh how will he ever survive from your little teasings." She said it with a hint of sarcasm. She almost felt sorry for the Ceaser if she were him she would have probably knocked the two girls out but of course that was her. Ceaser was obviously more polite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heie looked at Mukuro,"No I think I'll stay where it's safe. Who knows what will happen with you in the kitchen." He smiled wryly at her and then sat cross legged on the porch.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 08:59
A boy of sixteen walked in the door of the resturant and looked around with brown eyes. He spotted his group of friends sitting over at a table. As he walked hurriedly by the counter while his father was busy talking so he wouldn't have to work or anything like that.

He walked up and as he passed his younder sister Eriko he ruffled her hair messing it up on his way by and with a smile on his face he said,"Hey little sis." Eriko glared at him and her leg shot out in front of him but he managed to step over it in time.

He took a look around the table. Looking at Ceaser and Haku,"I see you guys have been tormented by these....well I wouldn't exactly call them girls, who knows what they are, more like demons if you ask me." Eriko reached over and slapped him hard on the arm. He grabbed it in fake pain and then took noticed the new girl who when he had said the word demon had stared at him coldly with odd colored eyes.

He asked,"Who are you?" "I could ask you the same,"she replied with a hint of coldness. The boy looked at her and then with an inward sigh knowing he would not win agaisnt her said,"I'm Yanagi."

The silvery blue eyed girl nodded and said,"I'm Taski, I just moved here." Yanagi nodded and sat downbetween her and Maiko.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 10:21
"I'll ignore that comment for now." Mukuro called as she went into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Keiko saw Yanagi sneak in and sit with his friends. She shook her head, smiling a little. It was scary how much he and Eriko were like Yusuke.

"Something wrong?" she asked her husband, noting that he was frowning over at the kids' table. "You seem distracted."

"Maiko and I are not demons." Eriko stated, then grinned. "We're worse."

"You can say that again." Haku commented, then glanced over at Chie. "You all right?" he asked soflty.

Chie started. "Hm? Yeah, I guess...Haku, could we go home? I...something feels wrong."

Haku blinked. "Yeah, I guess."
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 01:22
Maiko glared at Taski,
"He knows I can cause alot of damage if I get to angry, and he's just being stupid right now." She said with a coldness that could rival her's. Maiko had also noticed that Chei didn't seem herself.
"We'll come with you then we should probably go over to my house because I've got a similar feeling Chei." The group of teenagers stood up and left the resturant.
"Here why doesn't Haku, Chei and Caesar go back to their house while the rest of us go to my house, besides my parents probably aren't home. That means that we don't have to worry about anything, or getting into trouble." The group split up into two groups one which consisted of Haku, Chei and Caesar were going to return home and find out what Chei though was wrong; the other consisted of Maiko, Eriko, Yanagi, and Taski who were going over to Maiko's house and wait for the others. The two groups spilt up and headed in thier different directions.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 02:02
Maiko glared at Taski,
"He knows I can cause alot of damage if I get to angry, and he's just being stupid right now." The odd eyed girl shook her head and said quietly,"We'll just have to test that then won't we?"
The group of teenagers decided to leave and left the resturant, Yanagi staying in the middle of them until they were far enough away. "THat was a close one I thought I'd get caught."

Eriko shook her head,"You did moron, mom just lets you off." Yanagi glared at her but didn't say anything for once. Soon they got to where the groups parted to go to seperate houses and meet up at Maiko's.

The group walked to the house and Maiko opened the door. They walked into the house and heard a call from a room(I don't know where they are sorry),"Maiko, is that you?" "So I guess they are home."Taski said.

The group walked into the room and Taski eyes widened slightly as they looked at Yukina and she looked back, and a soft smile came to lips. Taski remained silent though, she had not expecated to find who she was related to that quickly. Maiko looked at her mother and then to Taski curiously but didn't ask anything at the moment.

Kuwabara looked at Taski and his eyes went to her sword and then back to her face. Botan smiled at all the children gathered there hiding her worry. 'It seems that they all know who my father is now. So much for keeping it a secret.'she thought silently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Something wrong?" Keiko asked her husband, noting that he was frowning over at the kids' table. "You seem distracted."

Yusuke looked at his wife knwoing she would find out what she was worried about sooner or later. He sighed,"It's that new one, Taski. She seems nice enough and all but she's different. I don't mean just your ordinary stand outish different but realy beyond that."

He watched as the group walked out,"You see the way she carries that sword and walks, it's like she a seasoned warrior. She almost reminds me of...Heie in a way. It is possible he has a daughter though? We haven't really kept in touch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heie heard Mukuro's call and smirked. His mind wandered as he sat there thinking. Going from memories into the past to now. He had a sudde thought. He got up silently and left the porch and of course with out telling Mukuro.

He went quickly, and remembering the directions arrived with int minutes and the Kuwabara house. He saw the group of teenagers enter, among them Taski. He followed silently after unnoticed.

As Taski saw Yukina Heie stepped from the group. His red eyes sweeping over Botan and Kuzuma then to Yukina. He leaned against the wall and smirked and said to Kuzuma,"Well isn't it the moron, but I suppose I can't call you that anymore can I."

Taski looked at her father and still she remained silent. He shook his head,"There is no point Taski. It doesn't matter if they know that you my daughter or not." The girl nodded. Yagani looked at her and to Heie slightly confused. Eriko standing beside him watching silently.

Heie turned his eyes to Botan with a look saying that he demanded to know what was going on with Koenma.

Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2003 02:38
Maiko was alittle surprised to see her parents home, and the man her parents had told her about named Heie showed up and said to Taski,
"There is no point Taski. It doesn't matter if they know that you my daughter or not." She seemed aware that soemthing had made her father angry and knew from the stories she'd heard that Heie was a very powerful fighter and very quick. So Taksi is Heie's daughter, wow. The whole group waited in silence as the adults turned their heads toward Boton a good friend of her mom's. She turned and looked at Eriko as if she knew what was going on.
"I'll be right back." Maiko left the group and felt the tension lifted from her shoulders, I hate it when things get to serious I feel like I'm going to choke if I don't get out there soon. Maiko stood at the window and looked out arcoss lawn, pulling out a tray and filling it with some drinks.
"Here you go everyone," she said as she passed them out, handing them to the adults first then the kids, the water was cold considering Maiko had used some of her ice powers to cool the water. She kept feeling like she knew she'd heard of Heie from not only her parents but also from Yusuke. She took the empy tray and left the room for the second time. When she'd returned she could feel that some of the tension was rising from the room as everyone settled down in the Kuwabara's living room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Casear and his two siblings ran as fast as they could back home hoping that soemthing wasn't wrong like his sister Chei had said it was. Haku unlocked the door and they found a note written by their mom saying about how their mom was at the Kuwabara's place, he and his siblings shared knowing looks and ran at full speed towards the Kuwabara residence.

(((All I cna right for now be back tommorow))

[Edited on 12/10/2003 by CarolP]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 03:07
Botan looked up again as her three children ran in. Chie walked up to her mother and sat next to her, leaning her sleek red head against Botan's shoulder.

"What's wrong, honey?" Botan asked softly.

"I don't feel well." Chie said. "Mom, I feel like something is wrong."

Botan looked down and then at Yukina. "Well, since you kids are all here, maybe you should sit down."

"That would probably be a good idea."

Everyone jumped and Heie and Taski hands went for their swords. Hinageshi sweatdropped.

"Sorry! Nobody answered my knock so I let myself in!" she ran behind Botan. "Don't let him kill me, Lady Botan!" she said, referring to Heie.

"He won't, don't worry." Botan soothed the younger ferry girl. Haku and Ceaser were giving her odd looks.

"Mom, what's going on?" Ceaser asked. Haku looked at Heie; red eyes, black hair. He looked enough like Taski to assume they were related.

Botan looked at Ceaser, then at Kuwabara and Heie. "Should we call Yusuke? I mean...since Yanagi and Eriko are here too..."

(OOC: Hinageshi sort of looks up to Botan and respects her immensly; hence her title of "Lady" when addressing Botan)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koenma looked at Ayame. "I don't want you to go."

"I know, love. But if we are to have a new Tantei, they will have to be taught. Genkai passed away years ago, you know that."

Koenma nodded grimly. "But...Ryoukinshin? He's..."

"He is a youko yes." Ayame smiled. "But he has honor. And...he owes me."

Koenma murmered something under his breath, then sighed. "Well, I guess I can't stop you."

Ayame smiled again and shook her head, summoning her oar. "I'll be back soon."

(OOC2: Ryoukinshin is my brother's character. He doesn't have a computer or account, so he will be working through me. Ryoukinshin's profile should be up soon. Sensei: Teacher, master)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurama walked through the forests of Makai, picking up his pace. It was getting dark and he still had a ways to go to reach Yomi's castle. His senses picked up something up ahead and the kitsune paused, tensing, then relaxed with a smile.

From the brush emerged two demons. Both were shorter than Kurama. One had a bushy head of red hair and a cheerful face complete with fangs and a small horn. The other looked more serious, his pupiless blue eyes scanning the enviroment until he landed on Kurama.

"Hey, you're back!" the red-head, Jin cried. "Nice to be seein' ya, fox. Is Uremeshii here too?"

"In Yomi's territory?" Kurama asked wryly, although there was a smile on his face. "It is good to see you and Touya though. Scouting?"

"No, actually. We came to meet you. Attacks have been frequent as of late." Touya answered as they started walking again. "Shishiwakamaru would have come as well, but he was injured in the last skirmish."

Kurama frowned. "That doesn't sound normal. I know Yusuke and Yomi are quick to argue but they usually keep their people out of things."

"Touya thinks that maybe Uremeshii doesn't know what's up and about." Jin said.

"That is a possibilty." Kurama nodded, although he still sounded doubtful. "And Yomi. Is he...?"

"Ready to blow his top off, that he is." Jin said cheerfully. Touya nudged his companion as Kurama grimaced.

"I'll have to be careful then." There was a boom of thunder above. "It looks like rain." the kitsune frowned. It seldom rained in the summer and even then it was light sprinkles; not thunder and lightening storms; those came with winter. He shrugged it off. He just wanted to settle this and get back home to his children.

(OOC3: Touya and Jin are from the Dark Tournament arc, if you remember. They and some others (Shishiwakamaru, Rinku, and Chuu respectively) were recruited by Kurama to be a sort of fighter's group under his command for Yomi. Heh, heh, hopefully there will be fewer notes in my next post, ne?)

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 03:43
Taski slowly let go of her sword hilt. Heie did but a little slower than Taski and he glanced at the three other children who had come in. As most of the other children sat Taski remained standing, now close to her father.

Yanagi sat down, slightly bewildered at everything and the sudden appearance of a red eyed man who Taski had a great likeness to. Eriko was now becoming quiet, going back to her shy self, wondering what her father had to do with all of this.

Heie said in answer to Botan's question,"Yes, it will be better if everyone is here."

Botan nodded and Eriko spoke up,"You'll have to call the resturant." The purple eyed woman nodded and went to use the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A ringing reached the ears of Yusuke and he was about to pick it up when Keieko got it first,"Hello..." After a moment she looked to Yusuke,"It's Botan, she needs to speak with you."

A feeling of something wrong was in pit of his stomach as he got on the phone,"Hey Botan, what is it?" There was a few moments on the phone where he listened to what she had to say. Yusuke nodded though of course she couldn't see him,"I'll be right over." He hung up the phone and then Keiko looked at him,"What going on now?"

He looked at her saying,"All the kids are over there and what I said about Taski was true. Heie is over there as well. I believe out pasts live are no longer a secret to Yanagi and Eriko." He said good bye and walked over to the Kuwabara house.

He arrived there shortly and went in with out knocking. As he looked in the room where everyone was gathered Heie turned to him,"Yusuke." He looked over to the red eyed man,"So you've come back for a while." Heie nodded and with out a second thought pulled out his sword and brought it down upon Yusuke.

He dodged it and then another slash and caught it by the blade, between his index and thumb. "So even after so long you still are fast enough to doge my blade." Yusuke smirked,"It hasn't been that long Heie." The shorter man went back to stand next to Taski who had followed with her eyes their movements.

Taski looked at Yusuke and he knew for sure that she was the daughter of Heie,'I wonder what Kuwabara is going to think of that when he finds out his daughter is Heie's niece.' He shook his head and looked to Botan to see what this was all about.

Yanagi watched in amazement at how fast the two had gone and had not even moved from the same spot,"Here I thought my dad was ust an old man who was best at helping to run a resturant." he said quietly.

Eriko had surprisingly enough had been able to follow most of their movements. She wondered if Yanagi hda but she wouldn't ask now, other matters were important right now.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 06:17
Haku looked at all the parents; they were all here except for...

"Mom, where's Dad?" Haku suddenly asked. "I thought he was off work today."

Botan gave him a tight smile. "It's part of what we'll be explaining." she said softly, then looked at Yusuke. "Do you want to start? Maybe with your first death?"

"What?!" Yanagi and Eriko looked at their father in bewilderment. Yusuke smiled wryly.

Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 06:41
Yusuke smiled wryly as his kids exclaimed aloud. He said,"Well you see I was just walking along minding my own buisness when this little kid comes around playing with a ball, stupidly kicking it close to the edge of the road. So I as he started to chase the ball I stopped it and handed it to him and of course told him not to play with it so close to the road. The boy said he understood well close to that any way.

He took a breath, trying to remember every detail though he knew he woudn't be able to explain everything,"Well I go to the other side of the street and what do you know, the kid is still bouncing that ball around after I told him to stop. I didn't bother this time but then the kid bounced it to high and it rolled into the street.

"The boy went to chase after it right when a car came speeding towards him, so me, being the guy I am knocked the boy out of the way and the car hit me full on." Yusuke said.

"It took me a few moments to actually realise that I was dead and when I had Botan here, showed up and introduced herself as the grimreaper. Odd I know but she was. Well she took me around showing me how I was missed after she had taken me to the Spirit World and where Koenma told me, he's or was a little toddler who ran it when his father was busy, I had a second chance. Actually Hinageshi here works as a ferry girl of the Spirit world. Koenma showed me a gold egg which would determine whether I would live or not. If my actions were evil or bad the thing that would hatch from it would be a horrible monster and it would destroy me. Howenere if my actions were based on good things out would come my spirit guide.

"Any way Botan showed me how the world was with out me in it. I found out that I was really missed and I decided to take the extra chance at life. Well it all went wrong at first since my body was to be protected from harm. Well someone started a fire inside my house and when Keiko found out she went running into the house, not caring abotu herself to make sure my body got out safe.

"I had no other choice but to safe her with my golden egg which froze the flames and Kuwabara who had come as well helped carry me out. Well my hopes for returning were gone but Koenma came again and told me I had yet another chance. It would only last to midnight of the next day though and if I wasn't brought back my life was over.

"But of course it all worked out because I'm standing right here. Well this is what happend someone had tobascily kiss me so I could return to my body. Guess who the one who saved me was?" Yusuke said loking at his kids.

Eriko said softly,"Pur mom, Keiko." "That's rght. After I was brought back to life though I worked as a spirit detective under Koenma."

((did I get most of that right. It's ben while since I saw the first episode.))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2003 07:09
"But...okay, if Uncle Kazuma and Aunt Keiko knew about this and Mom's the..." Haku couldn't quite bring him self to say "Grim Reaper", so he just continued. "Then who is this guy," he motioned to Heie and "And how did Dad get involved in all of this?"

Botan paused. "Like me, your father is not completely human." She hesitated then went on. "He is a kitsune; a fox spirit. Haku, there are three worlds, this one, the demon world and spirit world. Your father is from the demon world. Years ago, a hunter shot him and to save himself, he forced his soul from his body and into the body of an unborn baby. For fifteen years, he lived with your grandmother as a normal human and nobody was the wiser."

"But then your grandmother got sick; very sick. To save her, Shuiichi stole an artifact from the Reikai vaults; the Mirror of Utter Darkness. It grants the user a wish, but at the cost of a life. Kur-Shuiichi was going to exchange his life for you grandmother's."

"What stopped him?" Chie broke in. Botan smiled.

"Yusuke did. He told your father that he couldn't bear to watch another mother cry over her dead son, so he offered his life in exchange. The Mirror decided to grant the wish, I believe, because of the selflessness of both." She glanced at Yusuke to see if that was right. He nodded slightly. Botan looked back at her kids.

"So, for punishment for stealing, Your father was to join Yusuke with being a spirit detective. We've always called him by his demon name, Kurama." she finished.

"I thought that was just a nick-name." Haku murmered. Botan shook her head.

"And as for him." she glanced at Heie. "I think he can speak for himself quite well."

(OOC: It was fine Sillende; it's been a couple decades, so they won't remember every exact thing. On the other hand...I never saw the eppys where Kurama and Heie first met Yusuke. So, I'm going by the Philippino script; although it was sort of confusing...O.o)
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email