Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dark Times (please join. loosely scripted but free to join.)
on: September 15, 2003 12:58
Aurora laughed a bit at Phillip's comment as well. "No it's not. If my aunt from Germany came, I would not want her to stay very long either."

------------------

Lord Rupert went up to the queen after the council, to ask if he should bring Phillip to her now and to tell her that he had an idea if war was unavoidable.

"Your Majesty, shall I go and find your son so that he may welcome our guests?"

(((sorry this is so short. Have to leave for school.)))
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 01:40
Joan was back home, if you could call it a home. It was in shambles. Her mother had been ill and was trying to get a fire going while holding one of the babies, three other children were running precariously around the table, knocking chairs and candlesticks over. Beds had been knocked over, there was straw everywhere and clothes were strewn across the floor.
"Manny, Jared, Susan! Stop it...please. Why don't you go play outside and leave me and mommy alone." Her three siblings scuttled quickly and she turned to her mother.

"Oh Joan...It was horrible, they burst in here as if they were bein' licked by the very fires of hell! They said they were going to take him...and when he wouldn't go...They bound him...." Her mother burst into tears and sat on a chair. Mary had started to clean up when she went and took the baby away from the sobbing woman.

"Mama, we need to harvest the field and sell the grain and wheat in town, alright? That way we can raise enough money to pay the taxes and get father out of-of there."

"Yes child, but how can it be done in two days? I'm sick and your siblings are too young."

"Well we must get someone to help us obviously, I will go to the Wolf and see who will help us. But I must speak to father somehow."

"Forget 'bout your father child, go now, find someone who will help!"

Joan needn't be told twice and stormed out of the house with Mary right behind her. She ran all the way back to the tavern and as she approached ran right into Robert, both of them falling.

"So sorry sir,' she mumbled not realising it was Robert. Quickly she got up and went into the bar. Standing on a chair she cried out to everyone in it.
"I'm lookin' for some strong, able men that might be a wantin' to help a poor little lady harvest her field. Since you are all such big nice men, I thought I might get some help..." But when only a few lifted their heads from their drinks, Joan got ruthless.
"Aye, that's alright. I'll just be goin' to Homilia to find some men there." At the mention of their rival city, Homilia, many of the men perked up their ears and cried that they would help her.

((Sorry for the long post))

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 07:26
Ooc- Aperently, no one wants to play The head of guards NPC.

Ravon glared after the knights, Typical! she thought, now turning her attention to the Man. "Sign up to service of the castle? I am sorry m'dear, but you are a mere woman and would be no match next to any of our guards." he answered, Ravon glared at him. "M'lord, I may be weaker then a man, but I do not lack in wits and intelligence. I did not come here to be told off because of my gender!" she said, keeping her cool.

"Hmph, determined and stubborn eh? I'll let you go for testing, but if you fail, don't come back." he said and waved her off. Ravon stormed out of the room, stomping down the hallway with the guard that had led her there leading the way back. "What did he say?" the guard asked, stopping. "He said I could try out for the service." she answered, holding back. "This way then." he said and led her out to a court-yard. Several objects were set up.

After she had gone through a sword testing, and serveral others to test her skills. The guard appoarched, it had been a few hours and she was sweating. "You're not the best, but you're good. Lacking alittle in strength, but your smarts make up for it. You'll do. I'll be contacting the Main Guard, where will you be?" he asked. Ravon put the borrowed sword back where she found it. "I guess I'll be staying at the tavern, The Savage Wolf..." she answered. "Right. Take that hallway and turn left on the first corner, it'll take you back to the gate." he said and walked away. Ravon nodded, her mouth was dry. She followed back to the gate and untied her horse, she wondered where the Knights she had see had came from, they had different armour then the ones from the castle. She picked up her weapon.

She left the castle, and headed back to the tavern. Once reaching it, she felt she was going to die of thirst. She quickly tied up Moralata, and entered the Tavern again. She looked around, spotting the group of Knights she had seen before, she wanted to tell them off. But decided not to get in trouble. She spotted a Knight that had been in the group, he hadn't said anything. But he was sitting with a group of youngsters. Ravon ordered a mug of water as she sat down at a table near a window. Her eyes on the Group of Knights, most curious why this city suddenly seemed so popular.

Nuav

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 11:06
"Excuse me, but are you lost?"

Eleanor hadn't heard the question, she was lost in her own thoughts. She felt deeply for the girl and her little brother. My father died in prison...I wish there was something I could do..
Joan came running back to the tavern a short time later and collided with Robert. Eleanor followed her back to the tavern but didn't go back inside. She stood outside the door listening.
I should help. I'm strong...besides, Brother Coley always told me to be kind. She was thinking these things when she was nearly doubled over by hunger pains. Suddenly she felt anything but strong. The drink had been bad for her; with no food in her stomach the drink had gone right to her head. She felt sick.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 11:30
The girl hadn't seemed to hear him, so Robert turned away.

Only to get run over by Joan. "Sorry, sir!" she cried, not looking back.

"Well at least she didn't say 'ma'am'" Robert murmered. He really should get back, but the first girl was now leaning against the tavern door. She looked sick.

Something twinged in Robert's heart and he quickly walked over.

"Hey." he said soflty. "Are you all right?"

The girl looked at him. She looked sick. Robert carefully pulled her away from the door and supported her.

"Do you have a family? Where do you live?" he asked. 'I know I'm late, but I can't just leave her there...not like this...'

"I'll help." Luke offered. Joan looked at him in surprise and he shrugged.

"I owe ya for the meal. And the last thing I want is for ya to have something to hold over my head." the lanky red-head stood, hands shoved into his pockets.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 11:53
Eleanor was hardly conscious but she managed to answer
"I'm....I'm fine." she stammered, but she didn't sound convincing. Liar! her conscience countered. You need to eat. She hated being pitied, but she knew he was only concerned. She tried to wave him away "Go.....go help your friend..."
After a moment, her head cleared. She looked around and spotted the stables a few yards away. She straitened and did her best to look purposeful as she walked to the stables, to look as if she belonged there and she knew where she was going. All she was really trying to do was get away...
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 11:57
((OK here is a better post))
Aurora did not like that she had left Phillip hanging with her last comment. She did not usually speak out but around Phillip it was different.
"You see my mother was from Ireland. She and her parents were sent to Germany after England invaded Ireland again. My father met herin Germany and brought her to Denmark with him. Her parents stayed in Germany where her sister was born."
Aurora fell silent for a moment.
"Her parents died about the same time she did. Her sister is the only other family I have left from them."
The death of her mother had been very hard on Aurora and her father. Her mother had been one of the kindest souls, a piouse woman and very beautiful. Rupert told his daughter that she was looking more and more like her mother. Most of her mother's old clothes were now hers. Right now she wore a dark purple dress with large bell sleeves. Around her waist was a double girdel that crossed in the back and buckled across her stomach, the long tassels hung down in the front.
As they walked, Aurora wished that Phillip would talk to her. She did not like asking all the pointless questions she felt that she was asking him.

(hopefully this will get Aurora and Phillip where we're thinking)
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 12:59
Cassandra was feeling a little annoyed that she hadn't come across and living person, but then out of the corner of her eye she saw some movement. "Aha!" she thought triumphantly, "There goes the prodigal prince. Finally!" She walked to the end of the lane and and saw the two coming from another lane. She looked around the garden, turning around in circles, as if she were expecting somebody who hadn't shown up yet. She just hoped she looked lost enough to merit some attention from the prince.

Stephen settled more comfortable in his stool as the red-haired boy waved him in. The other one, the blond, hurriedly left the table, probably going to look for the girl.

"Do you happen to know that girl who ran out of here? I'm new to the town. Only here as a guard for my lady who is visiting the palace," he said.

"I'm Luke," the red-headed boy said. They shook hands.

"I'll get us another round of ale," Stephen offered.

The mugs of ale came 'round, and as they were taking another long drink, the girl came running back into the tavern. She stood up on a table and asked the men to help her with her wheat harvest. There were only a smattering of agreement. She walked over to the table as Luke spoke up and offered to help. He was about to pay the girl back, but Stephen stopped him with a hand on his arm.

"I'll pay for the meal. And I'll help you out as well. My name's Stephen," he said with a smile. He placed a few coins on the table.

Rafe watched with some amusement as the little boy ran screaming at the top of his lungs all his family's dirty laundry for the whole town to hear. The girl ran out of the room and Stephen, ever so good, stood as to follow and joined the group of youngsters at their table.

Rafe decided it was time for him to get back to the castle. He was getting tired of this place. He made his way out of the tavern as the girl came running back into it. Walking around back to the stables, he saw a two people standing by their horses.

"What are you doing by my horse?" Rafe demanded. His horse was extremely tempermental and would kick out at any stranger who approached him, especially inexperienced children.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 01:16
Miki and Mika saw Lady Cassandra come around the corner and start a very overdramatasized rendition of being lost.
"You think she's after the prince?" Mika asked.
"Of course," Miki snorted. "That one'd do anything to become Queen." that's when they spotted someone coming around a corner, it looked to be one of Lady Cassnadra's serving maids. She was about to call out, but Miki snuck behind her and gently put a hand over her mouth. She whirled, then seemed to be slighly confused, she probaby thought she was seeing double, most people did when they saw the twins.
"We're watching," Mika whispered. "Do you wish to join us?"
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 01:29
(( lol....was Eleanor one of those "inexperianced children"? hope so cuz thats how I'm gonna post.))

Eleanor had walked into the stable and was going from stall to stall, expecting the horses, and stroking each one in turn.The boy had followed her and stood now just inside, watching her, but she ignored him. One fine, strong stallion had shyed at first but had quickly gentled under her touch. Even so, the animal paced nervously, favoring one leg and constantly bending back toward his saddle, as if pained by something. She spotted the problem and had plopped down in the hay to bandage a deep cut on his knee. When she finished she sprang up and patted the horse gently, "That, my friend, is free of charge." The horse whinneyed loudly and she laughed. He still reached again and again back to his saddle, clearly uncomfortable. She'd been thinking about correcting the problem when the knight walked in.

"What are you doing by my horse?" he challenged.

His tone made her cringe, not in fear but in anger. She hated when people didn't handle their horses properly and even more when they accused her of not knowing what she was doing.
She spun around on her heals to face him looking rather indignant. "Well, he was injured for one!" she spat "Don't they teach you how to care for horse? Or do you just not care?" she let out an exsasperated sigh and continued. "And another thing: his girth is much too tight! I'll bet he's been quite a handful today and I'll bet you thought he was just being unruly!" Eleanor's voice had rose to a fevered pitch and she wasn't a bit daunted by the knight. She knew what she was talking about and wasn't about to back down when she knew she was right. She stood before him with her hands on her hips looking livid.

((ok, i hope it's ok what I did, I was just trying to give some insight into my character's personality, but if you don't like it, I'll change it))
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 02:36
Elisabeth watched quietly through all the commontion wishing she knew someone there, besides the people in the palace. She watched the knight who called himself Stephen. He looked kind, and seemed generous. But she knew that there were people everywhere who did not look as they did seem. Glancing around she decided she might better try her luck at the palace. She walked around and was about out the door when she realized that the boy with the blond hair seemed to be some sort of stable boy. He walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, though he seemed throughly happy watching the other girl walk purposefully into the stables. "Escuse me, but have you lost a silver saddle? I believe I found one and you look like the type who might either lose one, of be in charge of one...."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 02:58
(OOC: Ah! You all seem to be here when I can't post. O.o)

Robert had followed the girl into the stable, watching as she touched the horses and spoke to them. She knew what she was doing, he realized, but she couldn't have been in Jacob's employ. The man had a good heart, but he would never have given a girl the job of stable hand.

Suddenly a man, one of the knights came in and demanded what they were doing. Robert jumped a little and was about to explain, but the girl started scolding the knight over his treatment of the horse.

Robert was about to step in; the man looked angry to hit her and Robert didn't want that to happen, when someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Behind him was another girl wearing a lovely green dress. "Excuse me, but have you lost this?" she held up the silver bridle. Robert's sky blue eyes got huge as his hand reached out and took it.

"I...yes...thank you..." he said, releif coursing through him. When he looked up, the girl merely smiled and walked away. Robert turned back and walked up next to the first girl who was still scolding the knight over his treatment of the horse. Unnoticed by the two, he looked the stallion over; the girl was right. Stroking the horse's neck, he loosened the girth, as she hadn't had a chance to do that. Then he stepped up next to her in case she would need help again; Robert wasn't sure if she would stagger again or not.

(OOC: galadriel_elf_queen, hope you don't mind I changed that a bit; but Robert lost a *bridle* which is the piece that goes on the horse's head. A saddle is much too big to loose. ^__^)

"I'm sorry for your loss." Philip said quietly. "It is...a very difficult thing."

He was silent for a moment, then smiled at the sunshine and blue sky. "But I think that is more than enough of that sort of talk. We ought to do something to enjoy this good weather before it becomes too warm in the summer. Do you like to ride?"

Before she could answer though, Philip caught sight of Lady Cassandra a ways ahead. But she looked like she was looking for someone, for which he was grateful.

Lady Cassandra was very beautiful and very intelligent, but it would be awkward for both girls to be present and he had a feeling that Aurora would excuse herself immediately should Philip invite Cassandra along.

(OOC: Bleh, that was horrible. *shrugs* I did my best. >.<)

Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 03:10
Aurora saw Lady Cassandra at the end of the path alone. To her relief she appeared to be waiting for someone, so Aurora did not think it aqward to accept the Prince's proposal.
"You are right, it would be a shame to pass such a perfect oppertunity by. Riding sounds wonderful."

They passed Cassandra as they left the garden. Aurora gave a small nod in greeting as she passed.

(Ah! sorry if I've messed up any ideas. Let me know and I will fix my post accordingly.)
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 04:48
Elaine jumped and was about to give a shout as a hand clamped over her mouth. One of the two, she couldn't tell the difference between the two - they were exactly alike! - asked if she wished to join them in watching something. Nodding her head, she nervously said, "Alright. But what are you watching exactly? And who are you?" The motioned in the direction of the garden, but Elaine still could not make out what they were doing. "Oh, I'm Elaine, by the way," she belatedly cried.

Cassandra watched as that slip of a girl walked right past her with the prince. Fixing a smile on her face she nodded as they passed. She could not imagine how he could have passed her up. But now was not the time to start following him like a lost puppy. She would just have to think of a better way to get him to notice her. So she'd better start now. Maybe she should start thinking about who of the Queen's advisors needed some companionship.

(Vani - you are the perfect "inexperienced child"!)

Rafe stood with his mouth hanging open as that girl continued to upbraid him about the care of his horse. Nobody had spoken that way to him since he was a young boy.

"If you are done, young lady, I'll have you know that I am perfectly competent in taking care of my horse," Rafe said in a chillingly smooth voice. "Ironfoot and I have been together through thick and thin, through various campaigns and he has never complained to me about his treatment. He has been my faithful companion for years, probably saved my life a few dozen times as well, and I would think that you would have faith that a knight would know how to take care of his horse."

He was pleased to note that she looked a little less smug as he finished talking, although her shoulders were still held back straight and stiff.

"And you, boy," he called, for he just noticed a blond-haired boy loosening the straps of the saddle, "are you a horse expert as well? Maybe you'd like to work for me since I am in apparent need to someone who can properly take care of a horse. And then I won't need to be insulted by this lady again."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 05:23
Ooc- I am lost.....

Ravon looked at the girl she had met before. She was asking for help in harvesting. Ravon jumped at the idea, she needed a good inprint with the people. She approached the girl. "I'll gladly help." she said, smiling.

Nuav
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 09:13
((OOC: You guys are moving quickly - can we maybe slow it down a bit?))

"Your Majesty, shall I go and find your son so that he may welcome our guests?" Lord Rupert asked the Queen once the council had finished their meeting. Rose's mind was on the news that was mentioned to her.

"Erm, yes, please do," Rose nodded, and Lord Rupert went in search of her son. She stood from her chair and followed Lord Rupert out of the door to her room where she could be alone.

"The ball! I completley forgot! Why does everything happen at once?" she yelled allowed to herself in the privacy of her room.

"Ohhh, poor Rosey Posey, can't handle the affairs of state" a voice was heard from behind her mirror, the voice of Eliza Cartwright.

"Eliza........WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY QUARTERS?! Who let you in?" she bellowed at her sister, furious.

"Let myself in, while I was 'taking a tour of the palace'. When ARE we going to be properly presented to your son already? When will something EXCITING happen?"

"Do not raise your voice to me so madam," Rose said, this time almost under her breath. "I am the Queen of this country and I will have you thrown out if you continue to behave so ill. You will meet with my son withing the next half hour. I suggest you change, and tidy yourself up.......you stink of alcohol"

Eliza left somewhat lopsidedly (sp?). Rose pulled on a cord and her maids came to her, bringing some tea and a bite to eat.

"Thank you ladies, please have me ready for when my son is found. I have the 'joyful' job of introducing him to his Aunt and uncle........"

((OOC: Sorry, it's quick, but I couldn't stay on long!))

[Edited on 16/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 05:54
"And you, boy," he called, for he just noticed a blond-haired boy loosening the straps of the saddle, "are you a horse expert as well? Maybe you'd like to work for me since I am in apparent need to someone who can properly take care of a horse. And then I won't need to be insulted by this lady again."

Robert blinked, not sure of what to say. He worked in the royal stables, but to be in the service of a knight...that would be another step closer to achieving his dream.

"Well speak up, boy, I haven't got all day." the knight said. Robert looked up.

"I would be honored." he said quietly. Then an idea struck him; if he left the service they would need another stable hand...and this girl knew horses! She could have Robert's old job. The blonde boy made up his mind to ask the girl if she would take it after the knight had left.

(OOC: Hope that gets you where ya want, Vani. ^__^)

Philip and Aurora were waiting in the stableyard for their horses when Lord Rupert walked up.

"My lord, your mother requests your presence so that you may be introduced to your aunt and uncle." he said.

Philip's face fell a little; it really was a nice day and he'd been looking forward to the ride...apologetically, he turned to Aurora.

"Well, it seems that duty calls, my lady." he said quietly. "But surely this meeting will not last long; might I have the honor of your company later this afternoon?"

Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 10:46
Eleanor's expression softened when she heard Robert's question ((??? did he actually ask yet???))and she turned to face him. She watched him as his eyes followed the knight outside. A sly smile spread across her face. Robert turned to see it and looked at her questioningly. Eleanor quickly wiped the smile from her face and feined anger. But the transformation was too slow. "What are you smiling about?" the boy said. "You want to be a knight, don't you?" she said. Her tone made Robert unsure of wether she was angry or teasing.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 11:07
"I'm Miki," the boy said, bowing to Elaine.
"And I am Mika, we are the mages of this castle." Elaine raised an eyebrow, they were a bit young to be mages...
"And to answer your question, we were watching the prince and Lady Aroura, but they've gone now." Miki explained.
"You look like one Lady Cassandra's hand madiens, right?" Mika asked, jerking her thumb at the flustered Lady.
"We were going to give this to the Queen, but..." Miki began, holding out the silver braclet.
"We got sidetracked," Mika finshed. "Were you going somewhere? It's easy to get confused in this castle."
"We've lived here 15 years, and we still get lost," Miki chuckled.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 11:33
Aurora gave a small curtsy. "Of course, your highness." going back to the formalities now that her father was there. She watched as Phillip left to meet his aunt. Just before she left the gardens herself she noticed her father looking at her. His expression was a look of I see what is happening, he didn't say anything. Without a word he followed Phillip up to the palace.
Alone in the garden, Aurora sighed to herself before leaving aswell. As she neared the steps of the garden she saw Miki and Mika with one of Cassandra's handmaidens.
"Miki, Mika, are you two spying again?" she said with a laugh.
"Come, one of you atleast, I have some things to speak with you about."
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 12:10
(((*blushes at the bridle comment* you see Jaid, I know absolutely nothing about horses, nor the care of them, but I love them neverthe less ya know what I mean? so I apologize for my inexperience.)))

Elisabeth smiled when the boy looked happy to be found that he had been raised. "Your welcome." she replied.

She turned away and walked quickly toward the palace. It was time she appeared. Her father had to have sent a messenger ahead and she would soon be found missing. That woud not be pretty. She tiptoed into the gardens hoping not to be seen. "Escuse me, but who are you and why are you in the palace?"

(((One of the twins, whoever doesn't go with Aurora)))
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 01:47
"I would be honored," said the boy.

"Good. You know how to get to the palace, right? Resaddle Ironfoot for I'm heading back to the palace. Make your way to the soldiers' barracks after supper and we can go over your new duties," Rafe said. "By the way," he asked offhandedly, "what's your name?"

"It's Robert."

"Well get to it then Robert. I'll be waiting in the front of the tavern. You seem to handle him pretty well for a young man."

Ealine whipped her head back and forth between the twins as they answered her questions. They were talking so quickly it made her head spin. She was somewhat surprised that they were so open about answering her questions and proclaiming their mage status. Elaine had never been around true mages before - she'd only heard stories. And in the North, around the area where Lady Cassandra lived and where she grew up, they scoffed at mages saying they were nothing more than makers of useless potions and charms.

She was just about to ask some more questions when another young lady joined them.

"Miki, Mika, are you two spying again?" she heard the girl ask.

"Come, one of you atleast, I have some things to speak with you about."

Not wanting to be in the way, and not yet wanting to go back to her room, Elaine spoke up, "I actually was somewhat lost. I was making my way down to the kitchens when I must have taken a wrong turn and I somehow ended up here. Could one of you show me the way to the kitchens or the way back to my room?"
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 02:02
The knight had gone outside(but not too far outside) and Eleanor and Robert were now alone.
"You seem to handle him very well for a young man.." Eleanor mocked. This was followed by a snort of contept. She stood there with her arms folded across her chest and she looked very unhappy. Piveting on her heals she paced a couple steps and found a pail, half buried in the hay. She kicked it savagely with her foot.
Her temper had gotten the best of her yet again. She didn't realize it but, so far at least, that man had shown alot more self restraint then the first nobleman she'd mouthed off to. He'd beat her senseless, but when she was angry, she seldom remembered these things...
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 02:22
"I'll come with you Aroura," Mika smiled, then glance back at her twin. "Miki, please, would you give the braclet to the Queen?" He nodded and Mika went off with Aroura and Elaine. Miki winced, it was always hard for him to part with his sister, even over short distances...
That's when he heard the rustle of silk skirts behind a rose bush. He crept behind a maiden in a green dress, who seemed to be lost.
" Excuse me," he said. "But who are you, and what are you doing in the palace?" He asked, summoning up the incantation for his favorite stunning spell.
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 03:15
(((Ooo leave me with the guy twin.....oh yeah and everyone knows that there are levels of power in witchcraft right? Witch, Warlock, Mage and then there is one imbetween mage and warlock but I can't remember what it is.)))

Elisabeth turned toward the male mage cautiously. "I have a right to be here, but before you cast a spell on me wait and let me explain."

She grinned at his barely hidden astonishment that she knew he was readying a spell. "And for your information, I was taught by my nanny who was a nature witch, how to recognise it when a Mage was crafting."

"Well...uh...." he stuttered.

'He seems a lot less sure of himself whenever his twin is not around...' she thought briefly. "Anyway, my name is Elisabeth, and my father sent me to get married to the Prince. But I don't really want to. Who are you?"

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 04:58
Aurora and Mika walked out of the garden arm in arm. She and the twins had been friends since they were children. They loved to tease each other, the twins the most because they could see the things Aurora kept deep down inside of her. That was if it was worth teasing her about.
"So what did you see?" Aurora asked a smirk on her face. She didn't need to explain it to the mage, she knew exactly what she ment.

"Huh?" Mika shrugged.

"Oh stop, you know what I mean. What did you see when you were 'spying' on me?" Aurora jestered with her hands.

A broad smile crossed Mika's lips as she thought back.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 07:40
(galadriel_elf_queen: lol, that's all right! Hey, Vani, I'm switching your two posts around so that I can have Robert ask her if she wants his old job...)

"Well get to it then Robert. I'll be waiting in the front of the tavern. You seem to handle him pretty well for a young man."

Robert blushed at the compliment and then began to saddle Ironfoot. Althoug small, Robert was wiry and strong and his slender hands were quick. He talked to the horse in quiet tones as he worked, and sometimes the stallion would snort in answer.

Once saddled and prepared, Robert led the horse out and the riens as the knight mounted. After reminding Robert again to meet him at the royal barracks, the knight rode off with his company.

Robert could scarcely believe his luck...then he remembered the girl. She was still in the stable, her back straight and stiff. Robert bit his lip and then cleared his throat.

The girl turned to him, her face a bit dark. Robert gave a hesitant smile. "Um, hello. I'm Robert."

The girl nodded. Robert blew out a breath.

"I'm sorry the knight talked to you like that. Some people are just really touchy about their horses. Um, I noticed that you know quite a bit about horses and so...well, see, I work at the royal stables, but since I'm going to work for that knight now, they'll need a new stable hand and if you need a job..."

"What?" the girl said. Robert reddened as he realized he had been blabbering.

"They need a new stable hand at the royal stables." he said, more calmly now. "I was wondering if you wanted the job since you know about horses."

The girl's face softened and she almost seemed to smile, then quickly her angry look came back.

"What where you smiling about?" Robert asked.

"You want to be a knight, don't you?" she stated. Robert hesistated, not sure if she was teasing him or was still angry.

"Yes." he finally answered quietly. "More than anything." He looked at her, an almost earnest look in his wide blue eyes. "Haven't you ever had a dream that you would be willing to do anything to achieve it?" There was a longing in his voice.

Philip walked to his mother's apartments; dressed more royally for meeting his aunt and uncle. He knocked on the door. "Mother?" he called out gently. "It's Philip."

(OOC: Hey, what happened to Joan?)

MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 11:06
((Sorry, sorry yall. I had like 'left' CoE but I've decided to come back and only post in this thread because it was way too much fun!))

Joan looked at Luke in utter surprise...Since when did he pay back favors...? But she shrugged him off.
"If you want to then fine, but I wouldn't have held it against you anyways and I swear Luke, one grain o' that wheat goes missin' and I'm comin' for you."

Then she turned to the other man that had volunteered to help. He looked kind enough.
"Thank you so much sir for your help, it is much appreciated. Now if you two would just follow me to the field, I'll get the sickles."

((Are sickles what those things are called? You know, the tools they used to cut the wheat.))
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 12:34
(((Awww...don't leave us!!!! but yeah I think so... hurry up and post Kurama's Girl! I can't read your mind at least!!! Though my namesake can!...)))
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:26
(OOC... oops I'm not really sure where or with who Elaine went off to. So I'll post for her later)

Stephen was a little surprised at the way she seemed to be bossing everyone around. "If you'll excuse me one minute, Miss..."

"It's Joan."

"Miss Joan. I need to speak with my captain and then I can help you to your hearts content."

Stephen looked around the room, but did not see Rafe. Looking out the door, he saw some blond-haired boy leading Ironfoot, so he assumed Rafe must be riding out. Stephen overheard Rafe ordering the boy to be at the barracks after dark. So after the boy bowed and left, Stephen walked up to Rafe with a grin on his face.

"I see you've already picked yourself up a loyal follower, Rafe," Stephen joked.

"You haven't heard the whole of it. I had a 15 year old girl dressing me down as if I were a naughty 5 year old. It was the highlight of my day," Rafe said wryly.

"What? What did you do to deserve that?"

"Those incompetent stablehands at the palace improperly saddled Ironfoot. No wonder he was more irritable than usual. Anyway the girl thought I was mistreating him and the boy came up and set everything to rights. He was amazingly good with Ironfoot. He bites and kicks at everything, as you well know. So I hired him to take care of my horse."

Stephen winced as Rafe mentioned Ironfoot biting and kicking. When he was first knighted, he tried making friends with Ironfoot by bringing him a treat of apples and giving him a good brushing. The next thing he knew was that he was at the other end of the stables with a pounding headache and bruises on his legs. He'd given Ironfoot a wide berth after that. He was surprised that there was someone competent enough to handle Ironfoot.

"Why how generous of you to offer that boy a job. And it's a good thing to finally have somebody take care of him for you. Well I cam came out here to tell you that I won't be going back to the palace any time soon, nor will I be getting drunk inside like the rest of the company. I've agreed to help out that young girl, Joan, who has the troubles with her father," Stephen explained.

He smiled a little when Rafe looked so amused at the idea. "What are you going to do for her? Help pay off all her father's debt? Pamper her as you would your younger sisters?" Rafe asked, not without a bit of mocking.

"Nothing of that sort. Although in a way I am helping to pay off her father's debt. I'll be harvesting some grain for them today."

"I can picture it now. A noble knight in his shining armor, hacking away at, not an enemy, but fields of grain with his trusy sword. It's so very provincial, my friend."

"Laugh all you want, Rafe. I'll still be doing it. And besides, isn't it a knights duty to help those in distress? Well that's exactly what I'll be doing. So I'll see you off and then I'll head back in."

With a chuckle and a wave, Rafe rode back to the palace. Stephen turned and reentered the tavern. Clapping his hand on Luke's back, he asked the girl Joan, "So when and where do we start?"
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 04:03
((( Duuuuuuudddddddeeee, you guys post fast! That's okay though, i shall try to keep up.)))
Mika giggled, thinking back to spying in the garden.
"Well," she began. "I saw you and the Prince VERY close to each other," she batted her eyelashes at her lifelong friend, making Aroura blush and swat at Mika's head. "Then," she continued. "The Lady Cassandra came in "all in a flutter!"" She said, twriling around, pretending to be hopelessly lost, and doing a very good impression of Cassandra. "and ruined the whole thing!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miki looked at the girl, than smiled. "Finally," he sighed. "Someone with a brain around here, not hopelessly flocking after the Prince." This made Elizabeth giggle. "But I really do have to tell someone about you, or the Queen'l have my head. I need to go give this to her, you wanna come?" he asked, holding out the silver bangle for her to see. "Im Miki by the way."

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 11:50
"Come in."

Philip smiled as he opened the door. His mother was seated, looking rather tired and pale in her navy blue outfit. He came forward and kissed her on the cheek and then sat down as a maid brought in some tea things.

"You probably know by now that your aunt and uncle have come from England." Rose stated, pouring out the comforting brown liquid. Philip nodded.

"And that you have to meet them." she continued, handing him a cup. Philip smiled as he accepted it.

"You make it sound like a trial." he stated, some amusment in his light green eyes.

"I'm afraid it has been for me." Rose admitted. Philips smile faded as he saw the look in her eyes. Rose noticed and forced a smile for her son. "But perhaps it will not be as bad for you. You aunt Eliza...means well, but she goes about it the wrong way."

Philip raised an eyebrow, conveying that her tone had not been convincing. Rose gave him a mock stern look and he grinned boyishly at her. The queen closed her eyes and shook her head, but she was smiling. "Sometimes I wonder if it is the nine year old boy in front of me." she said jokingly.

"No way to tell for sure." Philip stated cheerfully and was rewarded with his mother's laughter. A warm feeling came into his chest, but it was quickly replaced with sadness; why did life have to change? He could almost see his old father sitting next to his pretty wife, laughing just as heartily; even if he didn't understand the joke. Rose's laugh was infectious. Still, Philip was careful not to let his cheerful look slip.

Rose stood and Philip followed suit. "Well, might as well get this over with." she said. "So you can get back to your afternoon."

Philip nodded and followed his mother out.

"If you want to then fine, but I wouldn't have held it against you anyways and I swear Luke, one grain o' that wheat goes missin' and I'm comin' for you." Joan said fiercely. Luke grinned at her.

"Ah, frightened I am." he stated. Joan glared, but this made Luke grin wider.

Luckily for the theif, Stephen chose that moment to reappear. He clapped a hand on Luke's back and then addressed Joan, asking her when they would start.

(OOC: Yes, M, they are called sickles. Hey, if anybody needs to know something about Middle Age dress, equipment, etc., go ahead and ask me. I'm pretty much a foutain of useless trivia, lol.)

galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 12:07
(((do you know online any where I can find a renassance dress for halloween? that's kinda of princesslike?)))

Elisabeth grinned. She liked this mage, he sounded cool. "Yeah sure, but are you positive you have to tell someone?" she begged. "I really don't want to have to at least pretend to be all misty eyed over some royal brat."

((lets all remember she has never met the prince before alright?)))
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 05:33
Aurora threw back her head and laughed a clear, warm laugh. They walked down the long corridores not having any real destination.

"I was wondering why seemed a little annoyed when I passed. But forget all that now, there are some improtant things that have been concerning me."

She thought of how to put what she wanted to know.

"Lately my father has been acting worried lately. He has never kept anything from me but lately he has been concealing some things. I am worried about him."

Aurora fell silent, her thoughts over taking her that she could concentrate on nothing else. She hoped that Mika would be able to tell her what she needed to know.
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 07:34
Rafe rode back to the palace wanting to have a talk with Cassandra. Now that they were finally at the palace, he needed to discuss their next course of action. He found a servant who was sent to find Lady Cassandra and tell her that her Captain of Guards wished to speak with her. He then took the rest of his time unsaddling and rubbing down Ironfoot. With some time to spare he strolled to the nearby kitchen gardens where there was a small glade of trees to wait for Cassandra to arrive.

Cassandra was walking aimlessly through the gardens when some servant or another came up to her to tell her that her Captain of Guards, Sir Rafe wished to speak with her. He would meet her by the kitchen gardens. With a sniff and a wave of her hand, she sent the servant off as she made her way over towards the kitchen garden. It was not very clever of him to send a servant in that way - so out in the open. He should have left her a note of some kind instead. Servants gossip - and way too much - even if all it was was saying that the Captain wished to see his Lady.

Rafe saw Cassandra coming up the path a few minutes later. Stepping out into the light he looked around and saw that no one was about. He then beckoned her into the shade and shelter of the trees a few feet off the path. She followed as he led her somewhat deeper into the glade.

"So what did you wish to speak to me about?" she demanded, her hands on her hips.

"My aren't you irritable today?" he replied. "Things not going your way? I can see right through you when you're angry. You need to do a better job controlling that temper if you want your plan to work."

"Anger! I have every reason to be angry today. That stupid prince didn't even look twice at me when I passed him in the garden earlier. He was with some pale faced girl, who no doubt is in love with him. I could just see it," she cried. "And besides, I do a wonderful job hiding, but why should I do it in front of you when you are also my co-conspirator?."

"Well now that we are finally in the palace, how do you want to start? I've already started working the town and some of the guards in the castle. And I'll be at the ball tomorrow night."

"You seem to be working quickly," she snapped. "Is there something you're not telling me?" Cassandra eyed him suspiciously.

"I have nothing to hide," Rafe said smoothly with a gleam of laughter in his eyes. "At least not from you, my dear," he concluded as he reached out to stroke Cassandra's cheek.

Cassandra gave him an icy stare, yet she let him continue his caress. "You dare to call me sweet names and touch me as if you own me. Yet you forget that I am the one in control. I will allow this one trangression, but in the future I will tell you when you may or may not approach me in this way."

Rafe stepped back quickly and gave a low bow. "Of course, my lady," he said grandly.

"Now back to business. I will need your eyes and ears to hear what the political situation is in the palace, so I will know which of the Queen's advisors to approach. I have not totally given up on the prince just yet, though. I need to be in his company for just a little longer. Tonight's dinner will be the perfect opportunity. I will be too busy preparing for the ball tomorrow, so you must wait until the ball to approach me with your news," Cassandra said. "And be a little more discreet. If you summon me through servants again, the news will spread like wildfire through the palace," she added.

"I seem to be doing much of the work." Seeing her open her mouth to argue, Rafe continued, "But it is no hardship, for your command is mine to follow and obey. I hope I will be richly rewarded for my services, my lady."

"Richly rewarded you will be," she answered, walking ever closer to him. "You may give me a kiss before I leave."

After the girl Mika pointed her in the right direction, Elaine headed towards the kitchens. She found out from some of the kitchen maids that the evening meal tonight would be held in the main dining hall. It was served promptly at 7 every evening. There would be footmen at the door to show her lady her proper seat. And a servant would be sent up to show the lady the way down to the dining hall this first night. Elaine thanked her with many smiles and kind words and headed back to her room.

On the way there, she remembered that she hadn't ordered any tea for the rest of Lady Cassandra's handmaids. Turning to go back to the kitchen she walked by the open doors of the kitchen gardens. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a flash of blue. Looking closer she realized it was Lady Cassandra. She was walking, but in a quickened, almost hurried pace. Why was she in such a rush? And what was she doing near the kitchen gardens? She never even talked to a serving girl if she could help it, and pretended she didn't even know where the kitchens were in her own house.

These thoughts were quickly banished when only a few seconds after Lady Cassandra passed out of view, Elaine saw Sir Rafael coming out of the exact same spot that her lady had just come from. This was definitely a strange occurence.

Elaine normally wasn't a very curious or nosy girl, but this time she was intrigued just enough to want to find out what was going between her lady and the Captain. Maybe it was being in a new place and away from home, or something completely different, but Elaine felt like an adventure. She might even get up the nerve to go talk to that handsome young knight, Sir Stephen, that was one of the lady's guards and ask him about Sir Rafael. Her head still filled with these musings, Elaine went back to the kitchens and ordered the tea.

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email