Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dark Times (please join. loosely scripted but free to join.)
on: September 26, 2003 01:58
"It is very gracious of you to say so." Philip said, then allowed his smile to become more genuine, rather than simply polite. "And I must say that I am glad I have such agreeable company during breakfast." His eyes traveld past Cassandra to where his mother was seated with Eliza and Earnest.

His mother was looking down at her plate, not looking very happy. There seemed to be some sort of trouble; Eliza was starting to get loud. Smile gone, Philip straightened, preparing to get up to go over to his mother, but Earnest seemed to have calmed his wife and Philip relaxed again. He looked back at Cassandra and smiled apologetically. "I'm afraid my aunt has not found everything to her liking." he explained quietly.

"Ow!" Luke lowered his stick, jamming his finger into his mouth.

"Sorry." Robert apologized, but didn't drop his guard stance. He had done that earlier and Luke had jabbed his shoulder hard when he had let down his guard.

"All right, so you're better at this than I thought." Luke said, bringing up his stick again. "How'd you do it?"

"I used to watch the guards sometimes too." Robert admitted. "But you're a little slow today; feeling all right?"

"I'm fine." Luke shrugged it off, strangely relunctant to tell Robert about helping Joan the other day. The boys traded some more blows; Luke had a harder time than he had expected. Robert's size allowed him to get close and it was harder to fend the smaller boy when he was less than a foot away.

Suddenly Robert puased, looking past Luke's shoulder. The red-head turned to see Elaine. He grinned at her and bowed. "Ah, good morning my lady Elaine." he said in a joking voice. "Didn't know you would be watchin' us fight. Have I introduced my friend? This is Sir Robert."

Robert's cheeks were red and his gaze was lowered, as it often was around a girl. Besides Joan, all the other villiage girls teased him and so did most of the maids. "How do you do, Miss Elaine." he said softly.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 02:52
((I editted my post to make the morning last a little longer.))

Aurora wandered up through the back corridors of the palace and out to the barracks. She just wanted to roam and not be disturbed for a while. She thought to herself about how to approach her father about what was on his mind.

As she passed by the opened courtyard of the barracks she spotted two boys and one of Cassandra's maids standing about. She paused to get a better look. When she saw Robert a broad smile crossed her face. She ran into the courtyard right up to him.

"Robert!"
She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. For a moment he ws stunned, unable to recognize this girl. Aurora knew that he had finally recognized her when she felt him hug back.

"What are you doing here? I was so sad when I heard you had left the stables."

Stepping back she knowtist Robert's companions were looking at her strangely. To them she probably looked like a scullery maid in her grey dress, matted hair and flour everywhere.
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 06:15
Cassandra looked down across the table to where Philip was looking. She saw a very handsome man and a very loud woman sitting next to the queen. She wouldn't trade her place ath the table for all the world. She hoped she never had a run in with the woman - she looked like she would barrel right over her, but then again Cassandra knew how to stand her ground.

She gave Philip a sympathetic pat on the arm and another bright smile. "I have no idea how your aunt can find the castle inadequate to her needs. Maybe she is just unused to such finery or such fine company. But let's not dwell on such uncomfortable subjects. It is such a beautiful day and I am looking forward to seeing more of the palace grounds. I saw a bit of the gardens yersterday afternoon, but they are so spectacular that it does take time to absorb everything," she said, gushing with praise.

Elaine smiled when Luke and Robert finally noticed her presence. They were so focused on fighting that they hadn't heard when a few giggles escaped from her lips. Her grin grew even wider when Luke joking said good morning to her again. "So pleased to meet you, Luke. Again," she joked. He then introduced her to Robert, a unusually good looking boy with longer than conventional blond hair. She was about to say hello when another girl came running in shouting "Robert!"

Elaine was so surprised to see the girl rush up and embrace Robert that she was speechless for a moment. Did women normally embrace other males that they knew? She was so sheltered, in her household and now at Lady Cassandra's, she wasn't sure what was proper and what wasn't. But she knew that there always should be some distance between a man and a woman, otherwise the lady's reputation would be ruined.

Her face got very hot even thinking about such topics that when she turned to finally greet Robert it came out more mumbled than she would have liked. "How do you do Sir Robert. I'm very pleased to meet you."

Looking to the other girl to help her out, she decided to introduce herself. "My name is Elaine. I am one of Lady Cassandra's handmaidens," she said with a slight curtsey.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 06:38
"Yes, they are grand." Philip said. "My father wasn't a gardner, but he had a good eye for color and formation. He loved those gardens." Philip paused, then shook off his memory. "Perhaps we could take a walk there later. I find that it is the best place to talk, without interruption." Philip's green eyes settled on Cassandra, waiting for her answer.

"What are you doing here? I was so sad when I heard you had left the stables."

Robert blinked, a little stunned by the enthusiastic response he had gotten from...Lady Aurora? Blushing madly now, he stuttered, "I entered into the service of a knight, m'lady..."

Luke held back laughter. Poor Robert; he had no idea what to do in this sort of situation. Here was a noblewoman, dressed as a scullery maid and flinging her arms around a stable boy. Luke was tempted to start rolling on the ground in laughter; only Robert's complete bewildered state stopped him; Luke didn't want to confuse his friend further.

"How do you do Sir Robert. I'm very pleased to meet you." Elaine said, slight muted. Robert looked at her distractedly, but managed a very nice smile.

"Yes, you too." he said. "But it's just Robert. Or Rob if you like." he invited.

Elaine smiled and then introduced herself to Aurora.

(OOC: lol, Bronwyn, I think Aurora nearly gave poor Robert a heart attack. ^_~)

[Edited on 27/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 04:49
(((lol well that was the idea. *smiles inocently*)))

Aurora turned to the girl who had introduced herself.

"A pleasure to meet you Elaine. I am Aurora, my father is one of the Queens advisors." She curtsied to Elaine.

She noticed Robert still blushing and the look of confussion on Elaine's face.

"I'm sorry, please excuse my appearence. I was down in the kitchen helping some of the ladies. Sometimes I like to get away from the court life and all the glamor of it."

Rupert was ready to get up and leave. He could not stand the rudeness of the Queens sister, but not wanting to offend Rose he stayed. Luckily Breakfest would be over soon and then he could go find Aurora. He wanted to give her a gift he had gotten specifically for tonight. In his mind he was smiling and laughing because he knew that she would love it.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 06:07
((OOC: I have to leave yall, I don't know if I'll be back or when...so ya. If someone wants to take over Joan and all her little friends or something then you're welcome to. I hate to have to leave right before the ball...I'm terribly sorry! Have fun everyone!))
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 07:47
Cassandra's blue eyes brightened in anticipation. This is exactly what she wanted. Things were going very well. "My lord, I would be delighted to accompany you to the gardens. Indeed I am looking forward to it," she told Philip. "But, please, tell me, who are all these people here? I am not as well acquainted with polite society as I would like to be." She lowered her voice as she said with her eyes downcast, "While I was married, my husband liked to keep an eye on me, he would not let me out of the house. There were no parties or gatherings. And when my husband died, I took on so many new responsibilities I barely had time for myself. Coming here has been a much needed break because I can forget my responsibilities for a few moments and truly enjoy myself." With this last statement, Cassandra raised her face to look deeply into Philip's eyes.

Elaine was still gaping at Aurora. She was a lady and yet she was wearing maid's clothing. And she hugged a man! What was going on? They were all still staring at each other that they hadn't realized that the sounds of swordwork in the courtyard had stopped.

Rafe and Stephen and the rest of the knights had worked tirelessly for a few hours already. They were ready to stop and get some refreshments, but Rafe wanted to check up on Robert and see how Ironfoot was doing, so he dragged Stephen along to meet Robert. As they rounded the corner of the stables they saw an odd collection of young men and women. One of them was Robert - he was looking kind of dirty, clutching a wooden sword and gaping openmouthed at some girl in maid's clothing. Stephen recognized Luke, also holding onto a wooden sword but barely keeping his laughter in check. And the other girl standing there was Elaine.

"Excuse me. What is going on here?" Rafe asked, as all four heads swivelled around to look at him. Robert jumped and, if possible, blushed even more. Luke's grin was stretched even wider as he greted Stephen amiably. Elaine looked on with horror and started staring at her feet. And the other girl started brushing the flour off her hands.

Rafe addressed Robert, as Stephen made his way over to Luke. "So Luke, good to see you again this morning. What have you been doing? Sparring?" he asked, looking at the wooden sword he was holding on to. He was trying very hard not to look at Elaine, but was failing. She had picked her head up, but was looking at Rafe in terror. How could he go over and reassure her that there was nothign to fear?

"Robert, have you taken care of Ironfoot this morning? I saw you working with him earlier, but now I see that you are playing at war games with your friend here. If you have this much free time to fool around, I probably should add some more duties onto your list," he said sternly. He was going to be very angry if Robert was neglecting his duties to play, but if Robert had sufficiently taken care of Ironfoot, he would reconsider being so harsh. It wouldn't do to make an enemy of him so early into their relationship.

Elaine was horrified at being caught by two of Lady Cassandra's knights. And the worst part was that Sir Rafael, the Captain, had to be one of them. And maybe even worse was having Sir Stephen with him. If it was another two knights, it would still be embarrassing, but she could manage to get out of it somehow. But Sir Rafe would most definitely inform Lady Cassandra that she was a lazy girl who was not doing her duties and that she should be sent home. She was definitely not acting like how a lady's handmaiden should be acting. It was more than she could bear, but she didn't have the heart to sneak away - that would be cowardly. She would have to face Sir Rafe, but at the moment he was focusing his anger at Robert and not her, so she still had time to think of a suitable explanation. She didn't even want to think about what Sir Stephen now thought of her.

[Edited on 27/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 09:33
"Miki-Mage!" Elizabeth called, and Miki dashed back in, trying to pull his faded grey tunic over his blue shirt and black breeches.
" I got a family name ya know," he told her. "Avalon. We're Miki and Mika of the house of Avalon." Just them, Mika walked in, in the pink dress Aroura had given her for her last birthday, Miki choked back a laugh.
"What?!" his sister asked, summonong her looking-glass from the table in the corner. Seeing what she had on, she schreeched, making Miki's temples throb. "Miki, did you do this?!" he shook his head, almost doubled over with laughter, and pionted to Lady Lizzy. Mika smiled tightly at thier new friend.
"You see," she began," i don't really wear pink, so..." she turned to go back to her room and take off the dress, when she relized that the buttons wouldn't come undone.
"Miki!?" she screamed, turning back to strangle her brother.
"What!? I like the dress, it makes you look "Just like a lady"!" he giggled, but had to throw up a shield spell so his sister couldn't turn him into a lobster.
"I'm seriously going to kill you this time!"
"Mika, not in front of the company."Mika finally released her spell and Miki let down his shield.
"Fine," she huffed. "But only becasue poor Lizzy doesn't want to be covered in your blood. Where's your black cloak?"
"why?" he asked.
"I'm not going out like this," she snorted, then turned to Lady Elizabeth. "Sorry, pink's just not my color. And we have to go find the Aroura."
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 09:44
(((Kurama's Girl!!!! YOU DIDN"T READ MY POST! i had to delete it...anywya...)))

(((Awww!! We'll miss ya!!!))))

Elisabeth grinned. "Please please wear it!" she begged. It would so be worht a laugh. "And I know where she is. She was in the kitchen last time I checked, but that was several hours ago. She's probably having breakfast now."

Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 11:24
Philip's eyes softened a little and he nodded, then briefly pointed out who was who at the table.

"I hope that does not confuse you." he said. "But trust me, tis not nearly as confusing as well the whole court gathers for special occasions!" his voice softened. "I know that it is very difficult to deal with a family member's death; I am glad you can find some rest here, m'lady."

"I..." Robert blew out a breath and squared his shoulders, his face losing it's blush to become slightly pale, but composed.

"Ironfoot has been taken care of, sir and I put him in the fenced paddock for excercise, like you said to." the boy stated in a quiet, even voice, as if he were talking to a tempermental horse. "I also went over your gear and I rubbed your common saddle with saddle soap to keep it soft, sir."

The boy swallowed. "I apologize for not reporting to you sooner, sir, but you were busy...and..." he stopped talking, having a feeling that excuses wouldn't help. If Sir Rafe were angry with him, then that was it; Robert would take whatever punshiment was given.

"So Luke, good to see you again this morning. What have you been doing? Sparring?" Stephen asked.

"Sort of." Luke answered. "Robert greatly admires you knights and he was tryin' to imitate some of what you were doin'. He's not so bad." the theif added as an after thought.

He saw the way Stephen sometimes glanced at Elaine, saw how nervous she looked, then over to where Robert was actually looking composed as he spoke to his new master. Luke wondered about that, but it seemd like whatever the knight was angry about, he was giving Robert a chance to speak first.

Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 12:58
(OOC: I posted waaaay back, but I have no realised that it didn't go through!)

Rose sat at the table eating her breakfast with a look of disgust. Eliza, her sister, had one as well but for different reasons. Rose was angry with her sister's behaviour (although she had been used to it) and didn't like tolerating it in her court and in front of her friends and family. Thank goodness Ernest was there, to calm his wife, among other reasons.

"Why is there no fat in this bacon!" Eliza announced loudly. "Bacon is no good without fat, really, the nerve of the palace cooks!"

"Eliza, lower your voice..." Ernest whispered quietly. "This behaviour will no longer be tolerated".

"Why should I? I am higher up than most people here. I am the Queen's sister you know!"

"Yeah, we know Eliza. But what you haven't realised is that you aren't that high up. If anything you are lower than everyone else here," Rose whispered quietly to herself, no one else heard.

Members at the table coughed in annoyence and not really knowing how to react to such comments.

"Really! Bacon without fat...." Eliza said again and took a large bite out of her bacon - she had several pieces.

"Eliza, you don't need the fat...." Ernest said in a very very low whisper.

In reaction to this comment, Eliza through down her cutlery and looked up at her husband in rage. She raised a hand and smacked him in the face, then stood and left the room stomping as she went. Rose put her hand to her mouth and her eyes widened at such a display. Everyone else in the room stopped chewing and watched in amazement.

"Ernest, my god, are you alright?" Rose asked, and came to his aid immediatly.

"See what I have to put up with? But no more, no more." he said and looked where his wife had vacated the room.

"How did he ever put up with her....." someone muttered from around the table, others nodded in complete agreement.

"I...I...I am sorry. I don't know what Elizabeth's problem is," Rose said refering to her sister with her longer name, "But Ernest, I am sorry but she cannot stay here - not with such behaviour such as that..."

"I know, I completly agree. But I cannot leave with her, I am part of your council, in importaint matters," Ernest added quickly. "Perhaps it is a better idea that she return to England, unmarried..."

Rose nodded, feeling embaressed that such a subject be raised in front of her audience - although as ministers and advisors they would suggest the very same. "Very well..."

[Edited on 28/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2003 04:46
(OOC: Hey, guys? I'm going to be gone all day today, so that means Philip, Robert and Luke will be out of comission till tomorow. If you guys are itching to post tho, go ahead and use them; just try to keep them in character, okay?^__^ Thanks)
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2003 11:10
((( we can wait a bit! )))
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 02:45
((OOC:Hello all! I'm back sooner than I expected! Oh and I'd like to introduce a new character, he's like a cross between Grima Wormtongue and Severus Snape... I was thinking that Eliza might take a liking to him, he's going to be particularly nasty...Muahahahaha! ))

Julius made his way to the dining hall just as a woman came running out, looking furious.
"My lady, are you alright?" he asked her, putting on a fake sympathetic voice. "Ah you must be the Queen's sister, beauty like yours is unmistakable."

She looked at him in surprise as he took her hand and gave it a kiss.
"Oh Joan! You look just like a real courtier! You could pass off for a duchess or a countess!" squealed Mary as Joan revealed herself in a beautiful dark blue gown, fit for a queen.

"It is very nice...And it will certainly work if I can get into the castle, but the shoes were a bit too big. I can't wear 'em."

"Oh don't worry dearie, no one will be lookin' at your feet."

Joan changed out of the dress and hung it back up.
"I have to go find Robert, maybe he knows a way into the castle. He'll probably be at the stables. I'll be back later to finish off my hair."
She strode out into the cool morning air and towards the stables. As she approached she heard many voices. Namely Stephen and Luke.
"Robert! Robert are you there?"
((OOC: SOrry my posts are always short, but it's early in the morning for me...))
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 09:12
Cassandra was already struck speechless when screeching came from the other end of the table about the most disgusting and vulgar subjects in the world "bacon" and "fat." But when Eliza slapped her husband across his face and then jumped up and left the room, Cassandra could not help but stare openly at the rudeness of that woman. She'd never seen anyone with such horrid manner before. "My lord!" she gasped, "the sheer rudeness of your aunt. Your poor mother!" Philip leaped up and went to his mother. This could not have happened at a worse time, especially when she and Philip were connecting so wonderfully.

"Well you were correct in not disturbing me during practices - you might have accidentally ended up with a bruised head or more - and I will check on Ironfoot to make sure he is fully comfortable. In the future, if you have run out of work to do, I would prefer not to have to stumble across you hiding here playing with your little friends, who obviously also have nothing better to do. My advice is either be out in the open with what you are doing or be discreet. There is nothing worse than getting caught while you are hiding something.

"Now, the next time I catch you doing something like this I had better not find you holding your blade like that. It's like this," Rafe said, as he went over to adjust Robert's blade. "But better yet, you should just come out and watch us." Robert just watched with wide eyes as Rafe left his side.

Finished with Robert, Rafe went over to Elaine.

Elaine looked up as Rafe walked over to her. She want's sure if she was going to cry because she would be dismissed and have nowhere to go, or if she was going to get angry for doing something so innocent. She chose the latter and she gathered herself for a lecture. But she was surprised.

"I don't know why you were out here, Miss Elaine, but I assume it must be on some errand for the Lady Cassandra. Please do not be upset over what you have seen or heard. The boy Robert is under my employ and so I must discipline him. Don't worry that I will do the same. I understand that you must be on your way, so I will let you do so," he said, sounding much much gentler than when he had spoken to Robert.

Elaine gave the tiniest of nods, for she was feeling very relieved that she didn't have to offer up any explanations.

Catching her nod, Rafe then said, "I'll have Stephen escort you back to your chamber. Stephen! Would you please escort Miss Elaine back to her room?"

"No, please, Sir, I can manage on my own. After all I made it all the way down here myself. I do not need an escort," Elaine protested.

"I cannot allow a lady to go wandering all alone inside the castle," Rafe said. "And there will be many of the guards near the kitchens. I would not have such a gently bred lady amidst so many unaccompanied."

Elaine could say no more as Stephen walked up.

Stephen heard his name being called by Rafe. "Stephen! Would you please escort Miss Elaine back to her room?"

"Please excuse me, Luke. Duty calls. And not an unpleasant one either," he said, waving to Luke.

"I'd be delighted to escort Lady Elaine back to her room," he told Rafe. "My lady, if you please," he said with a bow.

But before she could answer, shouts of "Robert! Robert!" broke through the air. "Joan!" Stephen shouted, giving Rafe a quick look. "What are you doing here?"

He was torn between escorting the lovely Elaine back to her room and hopefully getting a chance to talk with her, or tying Joan up so she wouldn't sneak into the castle. Elaine won out.

"Joan, you had better be here when I get back. I need to speak with you," he said, shooting another look at Rafe, and one at Luke. Hopefully one of the two, or both together, could stall her long enough for him to get back.

Turning back to Elaine, who was looking very perplexed, he offered up his apologies.

Elaine turned to the rest of the group and found her voice again. She didn't even want to wonder how Stephen knew Joan or why he wanted to speak with her. Forcing a smile on her face she said, "Good day Luke. I'm sure I'll be bumping into you again. It's been a pleasure meeting you, Robert. And my lady Aurora, please excuse me. I would have loved to speak with you, but I need to resume my duties." With a little curtsey, Elaine left with Stephen.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 10:41
Philip put his hand on his mother's shoulder, hearing the last bit of the conversation. Earnest seemed nice; for a moment Philip wished that his mother had had a brother rather than a sister.

Rose's warm hand on his brought him back to reality. He bent over to murmer in her ear. "Are you all right, mother?"

"Now, the next time I catch you doing something like this I had better not find you holding your blade like that. It's like this," Rafe said, as he went over to adjust Robert's blade. "But better yet, you should just come out and watch us." Robert just watched with wide eyes as Rafe left his side.

The boy looked down at the stick in his hand, now corrected. He hadn't expected that...'He showed me how to hold it...and he's going to *let* me watch!'

Excitement rose up a little and forgetting Aurora, he turned to talk to Luke -

And saw Joan. 'What is she doing here?' he wondered.

"Stephen! Would you please escort Miss Elaine back to her room?"

"Please excuse me, Luke. Duty calls. And not an unpleasant one either," he said, waving to Luke. Luke grinned at his new friend's back.

"I'd agree with you there." he murmered to himself, noting the pretty maid again.

"Robert! Robert!"

Luke turned to see Robert staring at Joan, who was coming into the yard.

Marching over, he was about to open his mouth when Stephen told Joan that she'd better still be there when he got back; Elaine said good bye to Luke. He nodded and gave her a quick grin, then turned to Joan.

"Robert!"

"I'm right here." Robert quickly dropped his stick. "What is it you need, Jo?"

Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 01:11
((oh just forget about me kidding Glad to have you back MrsLegolasGreenleaf.))

Aurora felt that she should be going. She curtsied as well as Elaine excused herself.

She headed back up to her chambers where she found a fresh hot bath waiting.
"Aurora, we need to get you cleaned up for this evening." One of her maids said with a shake of her head looking Aurora up and down.

After her bath and she was wrapped in a heavy burgundy robe, she sat down in front of her mirror while her maids brushed out her hair and began to dress it, but sented oils on her skin and made up her face. In the mirror she could see herself slowly transform.
"Well your Majesty I must be going. I will see you this evening though."
Rupert stood, bowed Rose, turned to Phillip and bowed.
"Your Highness."
Rupert took his leave and went up to find Aurora. Coming to her door, he stopped and knocked.
"Yes." came the voice from inside.
The door was opened by one of the maids and Rupert stepped in. Seeing Aurora standing there, for a moment he thought he saw her mother.
"I have something for you Aurora."
He nodded to one of the maids who went to the chest at the foot of her bed. Opening she produced an ivory white dress with gold embroiderey.
"I want you to wear this. I got it when I was in Ireland for the queen."
With that he bowed and left. Aurora touched the dress feeling its soft cotton under her fingers. She slipped it on and as her maid tighed it in the back she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was free and flowing with tight, straight sleeves with a thick embroidered cuff. The neck line was wide and rested just off her shoulders and around her hips, resting low was an embroidered belt with a gold broach in the front. It was the most beautiful dress Aurora had ever worn.
As she stood infront of her mirror admirering the dress her maid placed a double banded silver band around her head with a peice of white sheer fabric hanging down the back. Aurora wanted to cry at what she saw.

((Ok I tried to discribe it as best I could but if you want a pic there is one. If you go to http://www.lindsayfleming.com/celticspirit2001.htm and look at sabina it is that exact dress and head peice. (different hair though) ))

[Edited on 29/9/2003 by Bronwynn]
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 01:23
(((Oh that dress is so gorgeous!! If you don't mind, Elsiabeth's dress is going to be Ros' dress except in a really pretty dark blue velvet to match her eyes. Its on that same page. )))

Mika nodded. "Sure."

Elisabeth turned to Miki. "So, my fair Miki Mage, and don't you make fun of my nickname for you, you call me Lady Lizzy as much as I don't like it," she countered his open mouth. "Would you care to escort me do breakfast? I would assume the crowd has gone by now."

Miki blushed. "Of course Lady Lizzy!"

Mika smirked. "Of course Lady Lizzy!" she mimiked.

Elisabeth shot Mika a look over her shoulder as she and Miki walked down the stares. "And I better see you in that pink gown!" she called.

Miki grinned back. "Oh don't worry. She will still be in it. That spell is a new one. She will have a hard time getting out of it."

They traipsed (sp?) down the halls to breakfast leaving a furious Mika behind them.

[Edited on 29/9/03 by galadriel_elf_queen1]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 02:08
Mika glared at Miki and LIzzy walking down the stairs, furious at her brother, she hated pink. Then a wide grin spread across her faceand she began to chant under her breath and pionted a finger at Miki's retreating back.
"Let's see how he courts his Pretty Lady Lizzy with a cat's tale." she smirked. She went to find Aroura, and went around a different way than her brother, and almost ran into Elaine from the other day, being escorted by a knight.
"Elaine!" she exclaimed. "Do you know where Aroura is?" That's when Mika noticed that she hadn't put on a cloak, and she was standing in front of the entire world, in pink.

[Edited on 30/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 05:42
The breakfast party was gradually breaking up to Casssandra's disgust. Now with Philip by his mother and everyone leaving, she was at loose ends. She supposed she could wait it out to see if Philip would come back, but she was definitely not prone to waiting for men. Cassandra smiled as she caught the eye of one of the queen's advisors.

Rafe caught Stephen's eye while he was speaking to Joan. He knew he was wanted to keep Joan occupied, but he had things to do and people to meet. He figured that Robert or Luke would keep her company. The girl Aurora left, while the rest were talking. Rafe was curious though about how Joan would try to sneak into the castle, so he supposed it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on her for Stephen.

"How have you been enjoying your stay here so far?" Stephen asked Elaine.

"I haven't had much time to look around my surroundings. I've been pretty busy geting everything ready for Lady Cassandra and the ball this evening. Have you been keeping yourself busy?" Elaine answered, feeling a little sheepish for having nothing interesting to contribute to the conversation.

"That's too bad. If you have some free time I would be happy to escort you around the grounds or into the city, granted, of course, that you have a maid with you. But I've seen some of the city and have gotten to know many people in such a short time. I think you may have met one or two of them outside -Luke, and well Joan," he said hurriedly.

"Yes, Luke is very friendly. But, no I haven't been introduced to Joan. How do you know her?"

"I helped her out of some trouble yesterday and am trying to do the same for her today." But that was all he was going to say on the subject. It was no use getting everyone in the castle involved.

They walked along in silence for a few more moments when Stephen asked, "Will you be attending the ball also tonight?"

"I don't think attendants are invited. And Lady Cassandra probably would not allow it. It wouldn't be proper. I do wish I could go though. It would be absolutely lovely. And I've never been to anything as grand as what this ball will be like," she said wistfully.

"Well then I will miss you, for a few of the knights have been chosen as guards for my lady and will be in attendance tonight. I will keep up hope and look for you anyway."

"Yes, but it will probably be in vain. I do thank you for your kind thoughts."

Just then Mika popped out of some corner and called out "Elaine! Do you know where Aurora is?"

Elaine shook her head because she was so surprised at seeing the girl yesterday dressed up in a pink gown. "I last saw her by the stables. And that gown looks lovely on you." Seeing Stephen looking the mage up and down, she remembered her manners and introduced them.

"Mika, this is Sir Stephen, one of the knights with Lady Cassandra. And Sir Stephen, this is Mika, one of the mages in the household. It's a pity you've missed meeting her twin brother Miki. They look exactly alike," she said, kind of babbling in nervousness.

Stephen seeing that Elaine wanted to speak with Mika, and he needing to make sure Joan was still downstairs, took this opportunity - although somewhat reluctantly, he really did want to stay with Elaine - to take his leave. "Lady Elaine, I will leave you in the capable hands of Mika, the mage and take my leave. I think it wil be safe enough for you to go to your own room by yourself now. Take care and I will still hope to see you tonight," he said with a low bow and turned and left the hallway.

Elaine's shoulders drooped a little as he left and turned to Mika. "I really wish I could go to the ball tonight. It would be so exciting. I've never been to one this grand before. But I'm sure my lady would not deem it proper to have a maid in attendance upon her on such a grand occasion."
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 09:31
Philip came to his mother's aid after the scene caused by her sister. She rolled her eyes and began to breathe deeply, trying to control her breaths and keep her temper from rising. Rose usually had a good tolerence of people and could control her temper, but her sister always got to her. How could she come and make such a scene in front of her friends, family, guests and collegues like that? She certainly had no right to. In times like these, she was glad to have her son's love and support.

"I'm fine thank you Philip," she replied and put a smile on her face. "Once again, my apologies everyone..."

"I apologise also, on behalf of my wife and to you especially Your Majesty," Ernest said and bowed his head to Rose.

Subject turned to other matters and gradually the breakfast table emptied.

"Well m'boy," Rose began when it was just Philip, Ernest and herself left at the table, "I think you had better prepare for this evening's ball. Afterall, you are a huge part of it!"

Philip nodded and excused himself, leaving Rose and Ernest at the table together.

"Once again Your Majesty, I am truly sorry about Eliza..." Ernest began looking into Rose's eyes in earnest (lol).

"...call me Rose, please, when there is no other company," Rose broke in in a somewhat hushed voice. Ernest's eyes lit up in surprise, she surprised herself even, but she smiled. He returned her smile.

"Would you Rose, do me the honour of keeping me company in the gardens this morning. It is lovely out, and it would be a treat to be in beautiful company such as yourself," Ernest asked.

"Yes Ernest. Yes, I would love to..."
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 10:12
Joan turned into the barn as Robert was lowering his sword and heard Stephen telling her to stay put.
"Fancy him givin' me orders. If he hadn't helped las' night, I'd give him one...Right upside the..." She noticed a man staring at her curiously and recognized him from the tavern the previous day.
"There you are Robert. Er, come here." She pulled him away from everyone else and into one of the stalls, feeling rather uncomfortable and wanting to only talk to him. "Did I interrupt something?" He shook his head and asked her what she wanted.

"Well you're 'round the castle a lot, well in the stables at least, and I was wonderin' if there was a back way in...I just wanted to know, er, in case I ever needed to use it. You never know when it can come in handy. So, is there?" She waited impatiently for his reply, gazing anxiously towards Luke and the other man who were still watching them from a distance.
"Can you hurry up, I sort of need to go see Jacob at the Wolf 'bout my grain soon."
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 11:13
"Oh..." Robert frowned in thought. "Actually there is; Luke and I use sometimes when the kitchens are busy. I'll show you!"

Grabbing Joan's hand, he pulled her from the stables, completely forgetting Stephen's shout and the fact that they were leaving Luke behind.

Philip nodded, and excused himself. Walking out of the dining room, he was headed towads his private rooms when he saw Lady Cassandra ahead, apparently on her way somewhere.

"My lady!"

The woman turned as Philip walked up. He smiled, a little hesitantly. "I...apologize for that scene earlier. But if you are not busy, I would like to continue our conversation."

galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 02:04
Lady Elisabeth knocked on the door to the dining hall, and it was opened immiadately by a servant from the inside. She smiled and pulled Miki in. "Good morning!" she said happily.

Stunned silence brouht her call, but she realized they weren't staring at her. They were all staring at Miki, who had a tail swooshing behind. "Good heavens!" she cried, causing Miki to turn aroung and look himself.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 02:06
Mika figeted through the introductions with the knight and curtisied clumsily, she wasn't really up on the whole court lady thing... Once he was gone, Mika threw a mischevious grin at Elaine.
" And why not?" she asked, twirling around the narrow halway. "I know of at least one person who will be very dissapionted if you don't come," she chuckled, gesturing in the direction of the knight. "Lady Cassandra wouldn't mind if you went to the ball, and if she does, she can't force you to stay in you're rooms, can she?"

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 07:38
One of the queen's advisors escorted her out of the breakfast room and back to her chambers. Cassandra had shaken him off after they'd only made two turns down the long corridors saying she was capable of making it back to her room herself and that he must be such a busy, busy man. She's already forgotten the man's name - he was of no importance anyway -when she heard Philip calling her. She turned around in surprise. She definitely was not expecting this!

"My lord Philip!" she exclaimed, "It is a such a surprise meeting you here. I thought you were still with the Queen."

"No, my mother sent me on my way. She has much to do before this evening," he replied.

"Well, my lord, please do not apologize for what happened during breakfast. There was nothing anybody could do. Such rudeness should not be tolerated." She then endeavored to blush and look embarrassed. "Oh, please forgive me. She is your aunt. I have no place to speak of a relative in such a fashion."

"Do not ask for my forgiveness. Unfortunately, she is my aunt and unfotunately she does happen to act that way. But let's not dwell on such unpleasant subjects. Am I bothering you? Are you busy? I would like to continue our conversation," Philip said.

"I was just on my way to my chambers, but I can forego that and join you. I would love your company," she said, as she placed her hand through the crook of his proffered elbow. She smiled brightly at him as they made their way back downstairs.

Rafe overheard Robert saying there was a way to enter the castle through the kitchens. He stored this bit of knowledge away knowing it would come in handy some day. Well now that the two were gone, she had no reason to lay idle. He needed to check on Ironfoot and speak to some of the guards. He would be attending tonight's ball and he needed to speak with Cassandra.

While the guards were exercising this morning, he'd spoken to a few of them and overheard a few more on the subject of the queen and her reign. Most of the guards were loyal to her, but they were still skeptical of a female rule. They all agreed that the queen needed to marry. The country needed a king - and soon. There was talk of war from the north and even dissension within the queen's advisors. He'd need to learn more about that situation, but at least he had something to start on.

He was thinking on this when Stephen came back. "How's the Lady Elaine?" he asked.

"She's as kind and fair as ever. Unfortunately she won't be attending the ball tonight. It's a pity because she would enjoy it so much," Stephen said with a sigh.

Then looking around the stables, he realized Joan wasn't there. "Where's Joan?"

"She and Robert are looking into some secret entrance through the kitchens. I suggest you find Luke and ask him where it is," Rafe said, turning back to Ironfoot.

"Thanks," he said as he left the stables.

Stephen left the stables and immediately saw Luke sitting outside the stable door chewing on an apple. "Luke, I think I need your help. Where's Joan? And where has Robert taken her?"

Elaine shook her head in amusement. "I doubt that Sir Stephen will be disappointed if I don't show up. He is merely being kind. There are many other pretty maidens who will occupy his attention anyway. And I doubt even more that Lady Cassandra would not have something to say about us attending the ball. Still I can always keep my hopes up. At least I can depend on asking you to tell me what went on during the ball," Elaine said.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 12:02
Rupert came back in after Aurora had changed. Seeing her made him very proud and yet the thought of what he was going to do made him sad. However it was what had to be done.

"I will see you this evening Aurora." He said.

Aurora ran to him before he left.

"Thank you so much. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and then let him go.

Rubert left feeling even more sad. He decided it was time to propose his idea to the Queen. He came to her door, sighed heavily, and knocked.
"Come in." said Rose from inside.
The door opened for him and he stepped in. Bowing to the Queen he began.

"Your Majesty there is a proposal I wish to make in regards to the threat from Norway."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Denmark could with stand an attack from Norway if we had a strong ally. I propose we attemped an alliance with England. An alliance between our two courts would give both of our peoples security from any future attacks."

"And how would you propose we form such a usefull alliance?"

"As you know, I have a daughter, she would do anything I asked of her. If the King of England wold allow her to marry his son than it would unite Denmark and England. If you would agree to this as well, then all that is needed is for you to propose such an option to His Majesty in England."

Rupert did not want to press the matter further without hearing what the Queen thought first. He waited for any responce she would give.

(sorry it is kinda long.) ]

[Edited on 2/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 10:46
Rose listened to everything her best advisor had to advise. She nodded as he spoke taking in every word and working out possible consequences.

"Hmmmm," Rose nodded and stood up from behind her desk. Her eyes panned the room as she thought, then she looked up at Rupert and said, "Aurora is a charming young woman. She will do very well, and no man could ever deny her. You have raised her well Rupert, she will do a great credit to us. Though..." she paused, "I cannot help but feel that perhaps that is not what she would want?"

Rupert looked to Rose quickly, awaiting what she had to add.

Rose smiled bashfully then continued, "As you already gather, I was put in exactly the same position as your lovely daughter before I came here. In the long run, I am very pleased I made the move. I've had a happy marriage to a kind and generous man, I have a wonderful handsome and charming son and now at the tender age of 36 (I think that's what she was!) I am once again free to love again," she paused, Rupert continued to listen intently. "We need help in the war....but I fear there isn't any other way then for one of our ladies to marry into English royalty".

"Indeed Your Majesty, that is why I propsed my daughter. Like you mentioned, she is indeed a fine and beautiful girl, any man would be very lucky with her. The King of England's sons could hardly refuse such an offer from you, were you to put it to them," Rupert explained.

Rose smiled and took a deep breath. She walked towards Rupert and took up his hands in hers and said, "My Lord, I cannot help but feel that you will miss her terribly. You have lost your wife, and you now wish to send your daughter to England in order to secure Denmark's future. My Lord," she paused, looking to her advisor in a friendly tender way. "I will not send her if you will be upset, and without your full consent! It is hard to part with someone you love so much, and as you are one of my very best friends Lord Rupert, I have to know you are sure you can part with her..."

"I know Your Majesty, you have always been considerate of my feelings ever since I have known you. I know the position you are put in, having been in it yourself," Rupert coughed, "And yes, I will miss my daughter. But, I feel that this is the only way in order to secure security, and England as you know, is the most powerful nation on earth. We would benefit in this war greatly - that is if there is one, depending on how your son does when he goes to negotiate..."

"Ahhhh," Rose said, beginning to nod, "I have not mentioned this to Philip yet. Ernest has offered to go, and I feel it right that he does. Afterall - he has experience in these areas!"

"I see Your Majesty has grown somewhat fond of Lord Cartwright since he has come? Forgive me M'am, it is hard not to notice the sparkle in your eyes when he is with you. He also shares simillar feelings for you I know, and I do not think it is long until he is seperated from your sister...."

"Lord Rupert! Do not suggest such things!" Rose smiled, "No, I fear that a Queen cannot marry anyone who has been divorced. As to whether I feel anything for Ernest - well I don't know. It has been such a long time since I loved anyone..."

The two of them went quiet a moment. "So, I presume you will contact and suggest our plans with the King of England?"

"Indeed," Rose replied.

"Very well," Rupert bowed his head to her then whispered, "Look after yourself Rose..."

Rose's face lit up and smiled slightly, her eyes focussed tenderly on Rupert, "Thank you Rupert..." she whispered back.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 07:24
"In here." Robert pulled Joan through the door. "This is the second kitchen; it's not used much. But I suppose tonight it will be busy. What you do is go through here.." he led her past the wide tables and gaping fireplaces to a small door.

Opening it revealed a flight of stairs. Climbing up them, Robert explained, "It leads to the main banquent hall. The servants use this during big parties and such. But if you were to go up during all the dancing, it would be empty."

Reaching a certain place, he pulled aside a tapestry that covered the door way. The banquet hall was dim and empty. Joan and Robert's footsteps echoed queerly in the room. Robert pulled open one of the heavy doors, looked out, then motioned for Joan to follow.

He led her down the hall, turned left down another and and went down a flight of stairs to another door. Pushing it open, he showed Joan the ball room; it was huge, with servants inside bustling around; putting candles on the chandeliers and cleaing the walls and floors.

"This is the ball room." he said quietly, then closed the door and turned to her. "If you meet me tonight, I'll walk you down here. It's easy to get lost." His blue eyes widened a litte. "I mean, if that's all right with you."

Luke turned. "Oh, I suppose he's showing her how to get into the castle. There's a back staircase in the second kitchen that we," Luke paused, then continued. " that I sometimes use."

Robert used it too to sneak into the castle sometimes, but Luke didn't want to get him into trouble. Stephen seemed a decent fellow, but Luke couldn't be sure what he would say to his superiors later.

(OOC: lyrav, I hope you don't mind, but I'm skipping over the conversation with Philip and Cassandra; I don't think I'd be able to do her justice.)

Philip had spent an hour or so in conversation with Cassandra. She seemed a very pleasent companion; very polite and well-mannered, though Philip had the sensation that she was could be a sharp as a dagger's blade underneath. All in all, an interesting lady...

Unbidden, his mind brought up Aurora again and her soft laughter; the way her eyes sparkled. Philip blinked, then smiled. Now there were two very different ladies; both beautiful and charming. But entirely un-alike.

Cassandra had wit, Philip could tell. And there was a certain hardness about her, if that was the right word. He couldn't quite put his finger on it...

Aurora seemed so naive and innocent. And so shy.

Philip sighed as he sat on his bed. 'This picking out a wife thing is turning out quite different than I had expected.' he admitted to himself, then suddenly thought of something. 'I have not seen Lady Elisabeth at all today.' he smiled wryly. 'Just one less thing for me to worry about, I suppose.'

(OOC: So is Philip not going to Norway? Am a little confused because it's turning out different than what we discussed. ^__^)
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 08:39
Stephen shook his head when he saw that Luke wasn't going to help him find Joan. There was only so much a man could do before he gave up. He wasn't willing to give up completely, but Joan was just so stubborn that she wouldn't accept his help at all. He sighed and turned to look at Luke, "Alright, I'll let this matter drop for now. But remember I'm only trying to keep Joan out of trouble. I'd better get back to the barracks. There's a lot to do before the ball begins."

Elaine said goodbye to Mika as she continued her search for the Lady Aurora. She was such a nice person, especially for a mage, and she hoped they would get a chance to talk more in the future. She went back to her room and found that Lady Cassandra still hadn't come back in yet. That three girls were staring at her and wondering why she was gone for so long. She blushed as she thought of Sir Stephen, but instead told them of meeting Luke and Robert and watching the sparring. And then of meeting Mika, the mage.

"You have had more excitement this morning than we normally have combined in a month!" Micah exclaimed.

"I wish we all could have more excitement by being allowed to attend the ball," Elaine said.

"I agree," Sarah said," but even if we get direct orders to stay in during the ball, which I highly doubt, there's always a way to get in."

"Yes," Fanny chimed in, "We were talking to the serving maid while you were away and she said there would be so many people attending, that four more girls wouldn't be noticed. If we really wanted to go, we would just wait a half hour after Lady Cassandra left and then make our way downstairs. We all have pretty enough dresses that my lady supplies us with."

"All we have to do is get back here before my lady does. It's perfect!" Sarah concluded happily.

This all sounded extremely wonderful, but things could go wrong. But then again there were so many people they probbaly would not cross paths with Lady Cassandra all evening.

"I see that you all have decided to go. Well I won't be left out of all the fun. But let's just make it for three quarters of an hour after she leaves."

Cassandra drifted happily back to her chambers. The talk with Philip went wonderfully. Everything was going better than she had hoped. He expressed deepest hopes to dance with her tonight, and she would not disappoint him. Philip was a handsome and charming young man. It wouldn't be a hardship being married to him. She'd have enough clothes and jewels and trinkets to keep her busy if she got bored - and well a whole country to run. It was power and she loved it.

She entered her chambers and saw her maids gossiping in their room. She called to one sharply and had her ring for a hot bath. It was now getting towards the afternoon and she needed to prepare for the ball. While one girl got her bath ready, she had another two get out her dress to be pressed and brushed. Nothing would go wrong tonight, she thought with a smile on her face.

(Hey Jaid, you did perfectly with Philip and Cassandra. I was trying to think of a way to move everything along...)

MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 11:17
((This is getting exciting! ))
Her eyes windened when she saw the ballroom. It was so beautiful. She hadn't really intended on actually going to the ball, but maybe just to hear the music it might be worth it...

"This is the ball room." he said quietly, then closed the door and turned to her. "If you meet me tonight, I'll walk you down here. It's easy to get lost." His blue eyes widened a litte. "I mean, if that's all right with you."

"Oh yes, thank you Robert. But wait, how are you going to get in here without getting caught? I wouldn't want you to get thrown in the dungeons of me. We should get goin' though, no use getting caught now before anything happens." She started to turn back when someone grabbed her wrist and whirled her around...

"Well, well, well...What have we here? Isn't it a little early to be going to the ball?" snarled Julius. "And I see you have a companion. The dungeons do get more full by the day..." He put a firm hand on Robert's shoulder and started guiding them to the dungeons.

As fast as she could Joan wrenched her arm out of Julius' grip and kicked him hard in the shins before running down the passage and . Releasing his hold on Robert, Julius started chasing after her.

"Go Robert! Go back to the stables!" she shouted at him, hoping he would not linger in the passage. She found herself back in the first room he had shown her. Dashing over to the doors on the other side she pulled them open and found herself in an impossible maze of corridors. She flew up a flight of stairs with shouts of 'Come back here you wench!' ringing in her ears.

Once at the top of the stairs Joan ripped open a door to reveal a waiting room and the door at the other end was slightly ajar. Running towards it without a second thought, she entered the next room to see Prince Philip in his room...

((Oh jeez, I know yall wanted to start the ball...I'm sorry! Should I change it?))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 11:39
Robert didn't run for the stables. He knew this castle well, having snuck all over it with Luke and occasionally some of the younger kitchen maids.

Running up the stairs and down a few more hallways, he knocked on one of the doors.

A pretty, black haired maid opened the door and her eyes went wide. "Robert? What are ya doin' in here?"

"Need help." Robert struggled to talk and breathe at the same time. "Please, tell me if Lady Aurora is here? I need to see her!"

"Yes..." the maid seemed hesitant. "But it's not proper-"

"Jetta, it's Julius! He caught me with someone else in the passage near the ball room and he was taking us to the dungeons. Even now he could be dragging my friend down there!" Robert tried to look as desperate and pleading as he could, raising his blue eyes to Jetta's green ones. "Please?"

Jetta hesistated some more than hurriedly let him in. "Wait here." she instructed, leaving him in a sitting room. Robert looked around himself in slight awe. He'd never seen such a nice room; sneaking around the passeges had been all right, but he'd never entered a privat suite before.

"Robert?"

He turned to see Lady Aurora, looking as pretty as angel. Blushing, he bowed low and keeping his head down, began his entreaty. "I'm very sorry to bother you, m'lady, but you're the only one I could think of to help me-"

"Yes, Jetta said why you were hear." Aurora interuppted softly. Robert dared to look up.

"Will you please help me and Joan?" he asked.

(OOC: lol, Robert just wouldn't run away; he couldn't. I figure Aurora would help him since she's fond of him...)

Philip stood in amazement as a young woman burst into his room. When she saw him, she stopped in shock and dismay.

"Oh!" was the only thing she said before Julius arrived. Philip raised an eyebrow; he didn't much like the man.

"Chasing after young girls in your spare time now, Lord Julius?" he asked in a mock serious voice. "I should say that you need a new hobby."

(*grins* I like the way this is turning out...)

galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 11:54
(((ARG!!! Is there no one in the breakfast room anymore???? ARG!!!!)))

Elisabeth sat staring forward on her bed. She didn't move, because she feared if she did she would either laugh histerically or cry fiercly. Breakfast with Miki had been interesting, him not being able to sit down b/c of his tail. She giggled. "His....his tail...." she struggled to contain her laughter.

Her father's last words rang in her ears, they came unbidden, and unwanted. "If you do not come home with that Prince on your arm, don't come home at ALL!"

He had been a harsh man, and even harsher after her mother died in childbirth. She was the only child, and you would think he would spoil her, but he blamed her for making her mother die. So know she was being used.

What can I do for an escuse? she thought anxiously. Miki is charming and funny, but the Prince, well he's handsome, with power and.....certainly not my type!

Suddenly an idea struck her. What if she did try to 'woo' the Prince, except go about it in the wrong way? She would MAKE him not like her, therefore give her a good reason to A) go on with Miki, or B) go adventuring on her own! She cackled, in a very un-maiden like way. This would be fun.

She walked quickly to her closet and pullled out one of her favorite dresses. This is be perfect. she thought wikedly.

(((What if Cassandra saw Elisabeth trying to 'woo' teh Prince, and thinks that Elisabeth is trying to do the same thing she is? That would be interesting... And I'm going to have Elisabeth get ready for the ball now. Elisabeth's dress is going to be from the same page as aurora's expet hers will be the Kyla dress instead of teh Sabine dress. Different hair too http://www.lindsayfleming.com/celticspirit2001.htm Also the top is green to match her eyes but teh bottom stays white. Let me yell at Kurama's Girl to post and then let the ball begin!!! )))
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 11:55
((OOC: "Chasing after young girls in your spare time now, Lord Julius?" he asked in a mock serious voice. "I should say that you need a new hobby." LOL, nice one!))

"Your Highness, she is an intruder. I found her near the ballroom with a young man. Trying to sneak in, no doubt. I was escorting the two when she escaped and started rampaging around the castle. I felt it my duty to the Queen to not let her get away." Julius told Philip in an overly honeyed voice.

After having slightly recovered from shock, Joan found her wits again and pleaded her case to the Prince.
"That's not true your Majesty sir," she began, bowing low to him. "He's been after me for weeks now. If you only knew what he said..." She began to sob pathetically, trying to convince Philip.

"Oh look at her! She's nothing more than a wench. What would I have with her? If you will permit me your Majesty, I'll summond the guards at once to bring her to where she belongs, the dungeons."

A look of horror spread across Joan's face and she looked at the Prince wide eyed.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 01:48
(OOC: *grins* Thanx, M! ^__^)

Philip was quiet for a moment, studying the frightened girl and Julius.

"That will not be necessary." he finally said. "You may leave now, Julius."

"But lord-"

"Now." Philip's voice and eye held a stern note of command. Julius, looking as if he were grinding his teeth marched from the room.

Philip looked at the girl and smiled kindly. "Don't worry. You haven't done any wrong have you?"

The girl hesitantly shook her head.

"Then there's no reason to be afraid." Philip's voice was gentle. "Now, you should probably go on and get back to work; the ball is starting in a few hours and we wouldn't want you in real trouble now, would we?"

The girl shook her head again, gave a curtsy and quickly left. Philip didn't think much more about it; he assumed she was one of the kitchen maids.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email