Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dark Times (please join. loosely scripted but free to join.)
on: September 20, 2003 03:50
The young mage didn't reply. She sighed and continued walking. She enjoyed his presence and for once, he wasn't trying to control her like so many people were trying to do lately. "So, if your going to tell, can you at least tell me where I can meet this Prince fellow? If I'm to marry him or at least try I might as well meet him." she sighed reluctantly.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 07:13
Mika looked solomly at her friend, feeling her distress.
"Aroura," she sighed. "I know you are close to your father, but sometimes, everyone needs secrets... " She smiled half heartedly. "Maybe you should just talk to him, tell him what's on your mind. If he's not felling well, send him up to me, I'll give him some of my famous Mirkbane tea." Aroura made a face. Mika's mirkbane tea tasted terrible! Mika giggled, then went serious again. "I can tell this is really troubling you, if you want, I can talk to my brother about it, and we can find someway for you to talk to your father in private. Even walls have ears, you know. He's probably keeping things from you because he doesn't want you to worry, or be put in danger."
Aroura sighed and nodded. Mika took her friend's hand and kept walking, hoping she had said the right thing...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miki didn't reply to the girl's question, just kept walking. Obviously she hadn't met the Prince yet, or she wouldn't be calling him a "royal brat."
"So, if you're going to tell, can you at least tell me where I can meet this Prince fellow? If i'm going to marry him or at least try, I might as well meet him." THe girl sighed reluctantly. Miki smirked.
"Come with me," he said. "I have to go see the Queen, and PHillip is probably with his mother." With that, he took her hand and said the last word of the spell he had been thinking in his mind, displacing the air around them with a loud bang, as he transported them just outside the Queen's chambers. "It's faster than walking," he chuckled at the girl, who looked a bit bewildered beside him. The guard that stood outside the Queen's chambers had yelped and jumped when Miki and Elizabeth had marterialized, but quickly had regianed his stature. He and the young mage and an ongoing grudge...
"We need to see the Queen," Miki informed him.
"What's the magic word?" the gaurd asked him sarcastically. Miki shook his head, and put on his playful smirk.
"Abarat." he said.
"What?"
"The magic word is Abarat. When said in sucsession four times, it will blow someone's head off." Miki explained. THe gaurd grumbled, but let them into a sitting room, ajoining the Queen's bedroom.
"We sould wait here." Miki told her. "The Queen will be out soon enough.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 01:45
Aurora smiled at Mika. Her friend always had the answers.
"Don't worry about pulling Miki into this. I will find time to speak with my father this evening."
Then she looked to the sky, it was already late in the morning.
"Forgive me Mika, but I must go to Mass before the morning is up. If Phillip comes looking for me please let him know that I will be back shortly."
With that she hurried back to her chambers to dress for church. She put a black veil over her head and a soft brown cloak over her shoulders. She went down the back corridors to the chaple that was behind the castle. The great bell toled as she seated herself in the front. Silence filled the chaple as the priest came came down the aisle to the alter.

[Edited on 21/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 09:47
((OOC: Hey guys! I've been busy moving house so please forgive my absence))

Rose stood, as did Phillip, and made for the door. The door opened from the other side and the two of them walked into a pleasent sitting room located on the other side. She was a little shocked to see a mage and a woman waiting paitently in it, and their eyes brightened when they saw her and her son. They bowed and curtsied politely then made their way over to her.

"Your Majesties!" the mage said and bowed again.

"Good afternoon," Rose began, with a confused look on her face, Phillip looked quite amused. "To what do I owe the honour of your presences?"

Rose stood and managed a smile and awaited a reply from her new company.

galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 05:33
(((Love the magic word Kuramas_girl!!!!)))

Elisabeth stared at the queen a moment before she realized that Miki was bowing. She was still a bit at odds after the 'transportation'. She curtsied quickly, though not nearly as well as it should have been. IT was her second time but...ooo she shivered. She followed her eyes across the room and they widened as she saw the Prince. He was.....was....she shook her head mentally. Nope, definitely not my type. DEFINITELY NOT. she consoled herself. Miki would be better than that, she thought,

"Apleasure to meet you your highness." she said softly, her eyes never leaving the Prince's face, as much as she wished she could. "My name is Lady Elisabeth. I come from a small estate in the north to meet.....your son." she said politely, ignoring the fact that Miki's eyes were laughing at her.
Vanimacar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 07:48
((hey guys! it's been great, but sadly I'm afraid I must excuse myself from this RP. biya!))
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 10:06
" have come to bring you this," Miki said, kneeling before the Queen and offering the silver braclet for her inspection.
"The crystal will glow whenever a lie is told to you, my sister and I thought it would be helpful to you, YOur Majesty." And then he turned to look at the Prince and Elizabeth. He elbowed her with a "see? I told you so" look in his eyes.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 10:28
(oh Vanimacar, I wish you wouldn't leave. We will miss you.)

Lord Rupert entered the great hall where the queen's sister and her husband were waiting. Bowing slightly he stepped forward.

"Her Majesty is on her way."

Eliza gave him a look of discuss.
"Tell her we are waiting man! I will not be kept waiting by my own sister."

Rupert held his tongue not wanting to make the situation worse.
"yes ma'am."

He hurried through the door, hearing Eliza shouting after him. He found the queen outside her chambers with Phillip and two others. He bowed to her as he approached, in a more respectable manner than the way he had greeted her sister.
"Forgive me, Your Majesty. Your sister is waiting."

[Edited on 21/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 11:38
Rose sighed, wishing truly that her sister hadn't come to Denmark, and that she would continue living in England - how was she going to cope?!

"Thanks you Lord Rupert, inform my sister that I am on my way," Rose replied, looking at His Lordship sympathetically, knowing what sort of treatment she would be giving him.

"Yes Your Majesty, she is informed," Rupert replied, bowing his head slightly noticing Rose's expression.

Nodding Rose began making her way to the door, "Thank you so very much Miki, was that your name?" Miki nodded. "And to you Lady Elisabeth for your kind introduction. I'm sure we shall see each other often as I gather you are to remain at court for the ball?"

The Ball! Lord the Ball! Rose wasn't looking forward to it at all. Looking down at the beautiful bracelet in her hands, she smiled and promptly placed it on her wrist. "I'm going to need this!"

Phillip laughed and nodded to his mother in absolute agreement. "If you would excuse us?" he said politely and the two of them walked through the doors from the sitting room into a large corridor and made their way down to the Great Hall.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 12:06
((Thanks Jaid!!))

"We can start as soon as possible. If we work hard enough we should be able to do most of the field today and that should be enough." She started to walk out and the men followed her. She looked at both of them hesitantly wondering if she should tell them her plan.
"I might need a little more help...I need to find a way to get into the dungeons. Tomorrow night would be preferable, everyone will be busy with the ball."

"Well you know, I've heard that if you commit a crime you can easily get into the dungeons..." Luke said, teasing her as usual. Joan shot him a dirty look and continued.

"I need to see my father before I pay his debt. I have to know why he never paid the taxes." She looked at Stephan and saw a look of surprise on his face. "Oh don't act like you didn't hear, my brother could cry loud enough to be heard in Haidis."
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2003 02:15
Stephen blushed as Joan reprimanded him. "Yes, I did hear. And I did say I would help you. I am stationed at the palace and will have access to the palace at all times. I don't think it will be proper for a young lady like you wandering through the halls of the dungeon. If you will give me permission I will speak to your father with you," he offered gallantly.

(*Sorry if it's so short, but all my other characters can resume their stories when the next day rolls around.)

[Edited on 22/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 07:56
(OOC: Whew, there are a lot of posts! We'll miss you, Vani! *sniffs* galadriel, I don't know of any place you can buy a completed costume on line; but there are some great patterns. McCall's has a really good one; unfotuanately I can't remember the numer. *sweatdrop* I'll pm you if I find it.)

"Apleasure to meet you your highness." the girl said softly, her eyes on Philip. "My name is Lady Elisabeth. I come from a small estate in the north to meet.....your son."

Philip nodded and as his mother was about to speak, Lord Rupert interrupted apologetically, telling the queen that her sister was growing impatient.

"Thank you so very much Miki, was that your name?" Miki nodded. "And to you Lady Elisabeth for your kind introduction. I'm sure we shall see each other often as I gather you are to remain at court for the ball?"

Looking down at the beautiful bracelet in her hands, the queen smiled and promptly placed it on her wrist. "I'm going to need this!"

Phillip laughed and nodded to his mother in absolute agreement. "If you would excuse us?" he said politely and the two of them walked through the doors from the sitting room into a large corridor and made their way down to the Great Hall.

'And so another one arrives.' he thought somewhat wryly. 'I wonder how many will be by the time the Ball comes about.'

"Yes, I did hear. And I did say I would help you. I am stationed at the palace and will have access to the palace at all times. I don't think it will be proper for a young lady like you wandering through the halls of the dungeon. If you will give me permission I will speak to your father with you," Stephen offered gallantly.

Luke felt somewhat amused by this, imagine Joan being treated as a lady! It did bother him a little that she had made her request looking at Stephen, though he wasn't sure why.

"I don't think you hafta worry about this lass, Stephen." Luke commmented casualy, though his grey eyes were fixed on Joan. "She's tough enough to handle anythin' that comes her way."

Joan seemed surprised at this comment, until Luke finished speaking.

"After all, you've never met a bigger tomboy in your life- ow!" Luke rubbed his head where Joan had smacked him. He scowled. "What? I was givin' you a compliment!"

Robert had made his way back to the stables. He was quietly going to the tack room to replace the silver bridle when he opened the door and saw his headmaster standing in the room.

Robert gulped a little as the big man stared down at him angrily.

"That bridle I put in your charge is missing." he snapped. "And you've been gone for well over an hour! You'd better know where that is, lad! It's the Queen's and was a present from our late King. If you've lost or stolen it, I swear that it's coming out of your backside."

"Um..." Robert bit his tongue, wishing for once that he had Luke's ability to slip out of almost any sticky situation. "I lost it sir."

"Lost it?" the headmaster suddenly looked very dangerous, gripping Robert's arm hard enough to bruise it.

"But I found it again!" Robert quickly exclaimed, holding it up as proof. The headmaster didn't look too convinced and Robert realized that his stomach was churning again as the big man just glared down at him.

"And how do I know you weren't stealin' it?"

"Have I ever given you a reason to doubt me?" Robert asked meekly. The headmaster studied him for a moment, then released his iron grip and stood straight.

"Don't be so frightened boy, I know you aren't stupid." the man laughed. "But you do look like a mouse caught in a trap at times."

Still laughing, the man headed for the door. "Sir Rafe has informed me that he has person to care for his horse now. Robert." the headmaster shook his head. "Guess i'll have to find a new stableboy. Better look to your new master's horse; none of us can get near him so he still has all his gear on."

"Y-yes sir." Robert said.

"Careful; the animal bites and kicks." the man siad, leaving.

Robert put the bridle were it was supposed to be, then sat heavily on the dusty ground, rubbing his sore arm. 'I really wish he didn't find it so funny to scare me like that.' he thought ruefully, legs still shaky from his fright. Sighing, the slender boy stood and went to the stables.

Going to Ironfoot's stable, he saw that the horse was in a state. Robert cautiously entered, speaking softly. Ironfoot's ears swivled towards him, then the stallion snorted and tossed it's head impatiently.

Still murmering soothingly, he put up his hands to take off the bridle but Ironfoot twisted his head away, knocking Robert to the ground. The boy quickly stood to avoid being hit by the horse's hooves.

'What's wrong with him? He seemed better earlier.' the boy thought, slowly backing out. He was too small to risk being kicked; one blow from the warhorse's powerful legs could kill Robert.

Taking a bucket of oats, the boy placed them in Ironfoot's trough. The horse sniffed at them, then began to eat. Robert crept in again. Ironfoot nickered when the bridle was taken off, but was apparently too hungry to complain much.

The saddle was a bit more tricky and much heavier than the lady saddles Robert was used to handling. By this time Ironfoot had finished his snack and was watching Robert cautiously. The boy smiled and began singing in a slow comforting tone, as he curried the horse. Ironfoot snorted.

Robert did recieve a slight bite on the shoulder, but he'd been bit before and knew that the best thing to do was to gently push the horse's head away and not to react in a startled fashion.

Once done, Rober sighed and decided to go the soldiers barracks to see if his new master was there.

galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 11:31
Elisabeth watched the Prince and her majesty go before hitting Miki upside the head. "You could have warned me!" she muttered fiercly.

he grinned. "Sorry."

She glared back at him, but it softened a bit when she turned toward the door where the prince had left. "He's not that bad...." she grinned at Miki. "but he's too calm. I need an interesting guy with adventure."
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 11:43
Lord Rupert hurried ahead of the queen and the prince. He entered the Great Hall leaving the door opened and standing to one side. When he saw the queen and her son round the corner he cleared his throat and spoke loud and clear for the whole hall to hear.
"Her Majesty, Queen Rose and his Royal Highness, Prince Phillip."
The guards all bowed as the queen and her son entered.

----------
Aurora knelt down behind the wooden rail. The priest went down along the line blessing each person and giving them a host. When he came to Aurora, she closed her eyes as he blessed her mouthed her responce and then crossed herself. She returned to her seat and waited for the Mass to be over.
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 01:43
Miki rubbed the top of his head where Elizabeth had hit him, and chuckled at her comment.
"You should see him when he's on a horse, he's not all that calm, he get's really serious, and he looks like his father, all the girls just swoon." Miki did an impression of one of the castle ladys falling back in a dead faint, Elizabeth giggled. Then a thought stuck Miki. "Oh! You must meet Mika!" he told her grabbing her hand and racing out of the sitting room and onto the back stairway to the tower he shared with his twin.
"Mika?" She asked, sounding almost dissapionted.
"Yeah," he said. "she's waiting in our room." He hauled her up the stairs to where Mika was reading a book. "Mika!" He called. "Come meet Lady Lizzy!"
"Lizzy?"
"What? I like it,"Miki shrugged, going to stand by his sister, hoping to confuse his new friend with their similarites. Mika caught the drift and stood up.
"What do you think, Lady Lizzy?" Mika asked.
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 04:32
"Her Majesty, Queen Rose and his Royal Highness, Prince Phillip," came the announcement and the guards all bowed as the Queen and her son entered.

"Finally," Eliza muttered then put on a massive smile and came at her nephew and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Phillip, Phillie, Phillie, such a handsome young man! Isn't he handsome Earnest?" she said, and looked back at her husband with a look that would make sure he would agree with her.

"Ah, yes Eliza dear. He certainly takes after his mother in good looks," he replied and winked at Rose. Eliza didn't notice but Rose felt her face warm and her heart skip a beat.

"You, Sir, flatter too much," Rose replied teasingly.

"I fear I flatter too little," Earnest replied, but this time caught Eliza's attention.

"Earnest! How dare you! What about your own lovely wife? I haven't heard one single complement since we arrived in this country!"

"I wonder why..." someone muttered from the group of others present. Rose smiled and had to cough back a giggle.

"Forgive me dear...." Earnest began, but it was evident he wasn't being sincere. Eliza stuck her nose up in the air and left the room abruptly, knocking Phillip a little off balance as she went.

"What are we going to do about her? We cannot have her waltzing the palace like she is Queen, it simply wouldn't do!" Rose commented looking at Earnest for answers. She walked over to Phillip and made sure he was alright.

"I will try talking to her, but she won't listen to me. She's impossible!" Earnest said, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Mama if you don't mind, I think I might continue on my way. Uncle Earnest, it was nice to have met you, though I wish I could say the same about my Aunt. I envy you Sir to be able to survise living with her," he shook Earnest's hand, "Good evening". He strode out of the room leaving Rose and Earnest by theirselves.

Smiling anxiously, the two of them were silent a few seconds before Earnest said, "Your Majesty. If you are not too busy, may I have the pleasure of your company on a walk through the palace gardens? Although it is evening, the night air is cool and pleasent".

Thinking quickly Rose replied,"What about Eliza? Are you going to speak with her?"

"Yes, I will do. But right now she needs time on her own to cool off. I don't think I will get anywhere with her in the next few hours...."

"Very well, I shall join you. I think I need to some peace time also if I am to put up with the likes of my sister tomorrow".

Earnest offered Rose his arm and the two of them made for the gardens. Night had already began and there were fewer people in the corridors. The two of them strolled in peace for an hour or so before dinner.

The returned and ate their meal with some of the advisors, talking more about what was to be done about the possible threat of war from Norway (?). Rose didn't say a lot - she feared the thought of having to send Phillip there to negotiate peace. Eliza didn't show up, she remained in her room.

Finally around 11:00pm, Rose retired to her room thinking about her walk with Earnest, and trying to put aside feelings that she was having about her sister's husband...

Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 04:58
Aurora left the chapel in a small stream of people and returned to the palace. It was late in the afternoon, and she wondered, if only for a moment, if Phillip had come looking for her. Stop it. she scolded herself. Your first duty is to your father and then to your queen. If the prince has any feelings towards you they will come out in due time. As she entered the castle she saw one of her maids. Calling her over she gave the girl her veil and her cloak and asked her to put them in her chambers.

As she passed along the corridors she noticed Phillip coming out of the Great Hall. He didn't notice her, to her relief. For a moment she stood frozen wondering if she should turn a corner and avoid him or approach him. Not being able to stop herself she continued forward towards him. He noticed her as she drew nearer.

"Good afternoon, your highness. I trust the meeting with your aunt went ... well?" She couldn't think of a better word remembering Phillip's distress in meeting his aunt in the first place. He didn't look at all well, so she gathered that it had not gone smoothly. She hoped that he would remember his offer of that morning in the hopes that it would do him some good.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 06:54
Philip looked up at Aurora's voice and his face broke out into a smile.

"Hello, my lady." he said. "And no, I am afraid it didn't. My aunt doesn't seem to be very happy with anybody. Her husband seems nice though."

Philip didn't say it, but he had seen the way his mother blushed at Earnest's teasing. That bothered him a little, but perhaps it was merely because he was jealous of his father's memory. That was it; he was seeing things.

Shaking his head as if to clear it, he smiled down at Aurora. "I believe I owe my lady a ride." he said. "Shall we?"

[Edited on 23/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 01:51
Aurora curtsied quickly and gave Phillip a smile. She took his arm and together they headed to the stables. She was alittle dissapointed when she didn't see Robert there. She did see the stable master though, he had a gidsh smirk on his face as if from a joke. She wanted to know where Robert was, but not knowing if his master thought he was still here she didn't want to get him in trouble.

Phillipleft her side to inform the stable master to prepare their horses. Aurora looked around at the many stalls and horses. Most of them just stared back at her but there was one that circled in its stall, pounded the ground with its hoof, and made all sorts of noise. Aurora approached the stall slowly not wanting to scare it. For a moment it stopped and the two stared at eachother not moving.

"Better be careful my lady. That one is rather fiesty at the moment."

Aurora did not look at the man. She was amazed at this horse. He was so full of spirit and so powerful. Once the man's words had regesterd to her she spoke slowly, still staring at the horse.

"Wouldn't you be too if you were locked up in a cage."

"Well ... umm ... I ... " the man stammered trying to find his words.

"We have a pasture just for this reason. Let him out."

"My lady ..."

"Let him out."

THe man obeyed and led the great war horse out into the pasture. Phillip, who had been standing off to the side watching the whole thing, now came with their horses. He handed Aurora the reins of her mare. One day, I will have a great charger. she thought. She went around to the other side of her horse and, with Phillip offering his hands, cimbed on. Then she followed him out of the stables.

(sorry this is so long. yeah the day is almost over. we are getting to the good stuff in the story.)
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 11:32
(((is the ball tonight or tommorrow night? story time of course)))

ELisabeth grumbled at being called Lizzy. "no I don't like that name very much...." she grumbled unhappily.

She looked up just as they reached the top of the tower to see Miki's exact twin at the top of the stair. "Goodness..."

Miki went to stand by his sister, hoping to confuse his new friend with their similarites. Mika caught the drift and stood up.
"What do you think, Lady Lizzy?" Mika asked

Elisabeth stared dumbfounded. "You...you didn't mention you had a twin Miki...." she stuttered. She flushed and then regained her composure, like she felt she had to when she had met Prince Phillip. "So, are you a mage too?" she asked.
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 02:33
"Oh what a compliment Luke!" She shook her head at him and turned back to Stephen.
"I don't really need you to come with me to the dungeons, more to help me find them. I know how I can get into the castle, I can simply pose as a courtier pretending to go to the ball. But I've never even been inside the castle, I would have no idea where to go."

The threesome headed to the field and Joan fetched the sickles. All afternoon they tirelessly hacked away at the wheat until they could no longer do it. Joan fell over helplessly into a stack of hay and undid her blouse a bit at the top because she was so hot. The sun was sinking fast on the horizon and darkness was soon upon them.
"Might I offer a cold ale to either of you two?" she asked, getting back up once again and heading to her house to get the drinks.

[Edited on 24/9/2003 by MrsLegolasGreenleaf]Image

[Edited on 24/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 06:26
Luke swiped his brow. "I'll take ya up on that offer." he stated. He didn't work often, but when he did it was usually pretty hard. 'Good thing the inclination doesn't take me often.' he thought absently.

Robert was sitting outside of the soldiers' barracks on the ground. Sir Rafe apparently wasn't in yet. Robert had been sitting for a little while.

The sun was sinking below the horizon and before he realized it, Robert started to doze off; in a few minutes, he was completely asleep.

Philip had enjoyed his ride with Aurora much; they had made mostly small talk, but it had helped Philip take his mind off of things for a bit.

As they headed back to the stables, the headmaster came out to take thier horses.

"Where is Robert?" Aurora asked. "He is not sick or anything, is he?"

"No, my lady." the headmaster said. "I'm afraid he has left my service to work for one of the knights."

Philip looked at Aurora. She seemed dissapointed.

"You knew him?" he asked softly, although he didn't sound very surprised that Aurora would know a stable boy.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 12:10
"Yes." she said. "Robert always looked after my horse and cared for him. He was a good friend."

Aurora went to her chambers after saying goodnight to Phillip. Their ride had been very pleasent and she had enjoyed spending some time with Phillip again. As she entered her room her heart sank. Tomorrow he would have to choose his bride and become king.

The Next Day

Aurora awoke early, dressed in a simple grey dress, and went to the kitchen. She wanted to keep her mind off the ball this evening and the women in the kitchen always let her help.

The fires were already roaring when she arrived. Nothing was actually cooking yet, but men were preparing the beasts and poulty. The women were at one end of the room kneeding dough to make bread and cakes for the evening. Aurora went over and took a seat along side them. Taking some flour, water, and eggs (I know you need more to make bread but bear with me), she began to mix it together making her own dough to kneed. The older women had taught her a secret to making the dough rise faster. She put the mixed dough by the fire so that it would rise sooner. When it was done she brought it back to her place and began to work it. By the time the morning passed she was a mess, covered in flour and hair streaming down her back. It was two o'clock and most of the food was cooking.
"Aurora," one of the ladies said, "you should go and get ready for this evening. I will send hot water and a bath up to your chambers."
Aurora looked at herself and both began to laugh.
"Yes, it will take an entire afternoon to get this mess cleaned up."

(sorry this is kinda fast. Can you all wrap up your day and ,if you want, start the morning for your characters in your next post. I won't post anymore untill everyone is caught up. The ball will begin at 7:00)

[Edited on 27/9/2003 by Bronwynn]
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 12:47
(((hang on, can we wait a bit Bronwynn? Just until everyone finishes their day? u jumped wuite a bit of time in one post! I needKurama's girl to post! she promised me she would but she is taking a while!!!))))
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 02:16
(Hey guys... been pretty busy with school and all, but here's the end of my day.)

Rafe had finished a late evening meal for he had many duties to take care of. But he finally arrived back at the barracks and found the boy Robert sleeping by the door. He wasn't sure if he was annoyed at the boy falling alseep at his post or amused that he was still waiting around for him, since it was a couple hours after their agreed upon time to meet.

Whatever the case may be, Rafe nudged the boy awake with his foot. With a startled yell, Robert jumped up quickly and tried to arrange himself a little neater for his meeting with the knight.
"Enough," Rafe said, "I apologize for coming so late, but duty calls and there were many things to be taken care of tonight." Robert was looking a little too relieved that Rafe hadn't called him out for falling asleep, so Rafe continuted, "But, I hope in the future that your duties will keep you busy enough that you won't need to fall asleep like this again."

Robert winced at the reminder. "It won't happen again, Sir. I have already brushed down and stabled Ironfoot for the night," he said.

"Good," Rafe replied with an approving nod, "I wasn't really sure Ironfoot was going to respond to you, but you truly work well with that horse. Your future duties will include rubbing him down after any ride, stabling him for the night, and making sure he is fed adequately - and with good foods too. You will also make sure that all his gear is properly taken care of, any rips or tears are to be mended immediately. I will not ride a horse wearing inferior gear."

Watching Robert closely to make sure he was listening, Rafe continued, "On the days that I will not be riding Ironfoot, you will take Ironfoot out to the fenced paddock to be exercised. He will get pretty fiesty if he is not taken out at least once a day - he does not like to be stabled for long. Remember to take him to the fenced paddock, because if you find that you cannot handle him, I will not have Ironfoot roaming loose and maybe falling to harm or theives. Be gentle with the lead or he will not follow you. This is quite a list of duties, but it is all pretty straightforward. Do you understand what you are to do?"

Robert nodded.

"Good. And if you find you still have too much free time, come to me and I will find something else for you to do. Maybe even outfit you to polish my armor," Rafe finished with a smile.

"Might I offer a cold ale to either of you two?" asked Joan.

Luke swiped his brow. "I'll take ya up on that offer." he stated.

"I'll be glad for something cool myself," Stephen said as he sat down at Joan's kitchen table.

Joan busied herself with the glasses, and when she finally sat down he brought up something that had been bothering him for some time. "I know you said you wanted to get into the palace to speak with your father Joan, but I don't approve of how you want to get in. Sneaking in is risky and very foolish. If you have forgotten, there is a huge ball being held there tomorrow - there will be extra guards on duty to make sure nobody is there who shouldn't be there. The best thing would be to speak with a guard and they will tell you what you can do. Or you come with me as your guide and escort. After all this hard work, I won't see you thrown in the dungeon (which, ironically is where you'd like to go) for entering the palace without leave."
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 03:41
Mika and Miki chuckled together at Elizabeth's answer.
" Yes, I'm a mage, but Miki doesn't mention me much," Mika said , pretending to be hurt. "His only sister, and he ignores me!" she faked sobbed, earning a swat on the head from Miki.
"I do not ignore you, unless you're being stupid, like now." He smirked, then noticed the sunlight fading out of the window.
"Look at the sun!" Mika exclaimed. "Is there someone who will be looking for you Lizzy?" Elizabeth winced at the name, then sighed.
"Probably, I should go." She turned to go, but waved to the twins at the top of the stairs.
"Come see us again tomorrow, if you've got the time!" Miki called after her, and she waved behind her shoulder. Mika poked her brother in the ribs.
"Looks as though someone is a bit smitten," she giggled, Miki swatted at her head again.
"Go to bed,"he commanded.
"Who made you the master of this tower, I'm the oldest."
"Yeah, but I can pick you up and throw you out the window." Mika stuck her tounge out at her brother, then looked thoughtful.
"You have a piont," she sighed. "alright, I'm going to bed. See you in the morning Miki."
Next Day
Mika flicked her sleeping brother on the head, it was just before dawn, time for thier daily meditation, and Miki was still in dreamland.
"wake up!" Mika yelled in his ear, jerking him awake. "You sleep like you're dead, did you know that?" She asked him as he rose goggily.
"Yes," he croaked. "You tell me every morning."
"If you would get up, I wouldn't have to tell you." After thier usual moring bickering, they settled down on the floor next to the fireplace, facing each other, palm to palm. Mika in her black nightgown and grey shall, Miki in his black nightshirt, wrapped in his favorite midnight blue blanket. They began to chant softly, filling the room with thier mixed magical aura. Unconciously, both of them smiled, today was going to be a good day...

[Edited on 25/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
MrsLegolasGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 06:13
"Stephen, I greatly appreciate your offer but really, that is the best way of getting in. Everyone will be so preoccupied by the ball that they shan't notice another 'courtier' among the crowd. And anyways, we can always get in by some back door in the servants quarters and if anyone asks, we can just say that you're giving me a tour. That is if you really wish to spend the whole night with me. Wouldn't you rather go off and romance some of the real ladies at the ball?" She winked at him and gaven them both their ales.
"Now I don't want to hear anymore objections. But now it is late, and we should all be getting along. Thank you for your help boys and I trust ya know where the door is. Goodnight."
She gestured towards the door and walked up the stairs yawning.
When Joan awoked the next morning it was already late in the morn and her back was stiff. Going into the village she found Mary.
"Oy Mary, I'll be needing one of your mother's old dresses, provided they're still neat."

"So you honestly mean to go through with your plan Joan? You want them to lock you away for the rest of your life alongside your father?" Mary asked her.

"Oh Mary, ye of little faith! Everyone will be busy, they won't even notice me! Besides, I have an escort. Well at least I believe so. Remember Stephen from yesterday? I think he said that he help me."

"You can be so daft Joan! Come along then, we must get you a dress!"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 06:29
That morning, Robert had awoken early and taken care of Ironfoot first thing. He had let the stallioin out into the fenced paddlock; it was close by should Sir Rafe want to ride.

After that, he had helped with some of the other chores at the stable, mainly caring for the more tempermental horses. The headmaster had seen how Robert had a calming affect on most animals and had given him the job.

Robert wasn't sure why he could handle the harder horses. Maybe it was becuase he was so tiny; to them he wasn't much of a threat. But he didn't often think on it.

When he finished it was late morning. Heading to the tack room, he decided he would check over Ironfoot's gear and get accostumed to it.

Luke had left that night and slept in a nearby barn, careful to get up before the farmers did.

Heading back towards town, he wondered what Joan was thinking, sneaking into the castle. Then he decided it wouldn't hurt to stick around Robert tonight. Not that he wanted to help Joan; no, he just wanted to see how she would pull this off. (^__~)

But first, breakfast...

That morning, Philip met his mother at her rooms, as they were required to meet Eliza and Earnest for breakfast. Philip hoped that some others would be there; one of the more noble born knights or Lady Cassandra or Aurora. Simply someone to talk too would be nice.

[Edited on 25/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 11:38
(((*salutes* yes ma'am!)))

Mika and Miki chuckled together at Elizabeth's answer.
" Yes, I'm a mage, but Miki doesn't mention me much," Mika said , pretending to be hurt. "His only sister, and he ignores me!" she faked sobbed, earning a swat on the head from Miki.
"I do not ignore you, unless you're being stupid, like now." He smirked, then noticed the sunlight fading out of the window.
"Look at the sun!" Mika exclaimed. "Is there someone who will be looking for you Lizzy?" Elizabeth winced at the name, then sighed.
"Probably, I should go." She turned to go, but waved to the twins at the top of the stairs.
"Come see us again tomorrow, if you've got the time!" Miki called after her, and she waved behind her shoulder.

Elisabeth rtotted down the stairs thoughtfully. That Miki Mage wasn't that bad, and his sister certaainly wasn't that bad either. She passed a knight in the hall, and he was looking at strangely. She could tell he was drunk. He staggered to her and smiled. "Hey pretty lady."

She slapped him "Begone, drunken fool." she spat and then walked off. She couldn't STAND drunken knights. They were were... so vile! She reached her room in a minute and soon fell asleep, with strange thoughts of the Miki Mage in her head, along with a whispering voice saying -"Lizzy, Llizzy,Llizzy!!"

Elisabeth woke early the next morning, earlier than everyone but the sevants. She quickly got out of bed and dressed in a pleasant sky blue dress, with half-sleeves.

'Maybe I should go see what Mages do in the morning...' she wondered to herself as she tiptoed oup the stairs into the tower.

She pushed open the door, feeling the waves of magic that came from the center of the room near the fire. She was awestruck as she watched the mages work. She wouldn't disrupt them, she couldn't, and besides, Mika did say she could come visit whenever.
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 12:53
When Rupert awoke that morning he hurried and got ready for breakfast. He went to Aurora's chambers but found her already gone. He wasn't worried, she was probably somewhere around the castle, and so proceeded to breakfast. The Queen and Phillip were already there waiting. Rupert took his seek at the Queen's left. Phillip sat across from him on her right. Normally he would have sat at the other end of the table. Rupert saw that there was a small questioning in his eyes.

"Good mornning my lord. How are you?"

"Fair, my lord. Where is your daughter? I trust she is well?"

"I do not know, my lord. She has already left. I am sure that you will find her somewhere around the castle."

Just then the rest of the party arrived. The queen's sister, Eliza did not look happy, as usual. She sat down noisely drawing attention to herself. Her husband sat down more graciously, slightly bowing to Rose as he did. The other members of the queen's council sat by Rupert. There were still some seats empty showing that there were still others to come. As they waited Rupert looked at Phillip with quriosity. He wondered why the boy was so qurious about Aurora.

(((lyrav9, this will give Cassandra a chance to try and whoo Phillip.)))

[Edited on 25/9/2003 by Bronwynn]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 01:14
The mages felt a new presence enter thier chamber, and from the sunny aura, it must be Lady Lizzy. The twins finished thier meditation faster than usual, and broke thier chant.
"Hello, m'lady!" Miki said, standing to greet her. As he bowed, Mika poked him in the back.
"You do know that's the nightshirt with the hole in the seat, right?" She laughed. Miki yelped, and turned to his smirking sister, begining to chant a spell that would turn her into a chicken, then whirled back around, relizing he was showing his backside to Lizzy.
"I'll be right back!" He yelled back at them as he rushed out of the room, flinging dirty clothes out of the way as he went, trying to find something clean.
"Try the last drawer in the bureu!" Mika called back to her agitated twin.
"I'm still going to turn you into a chiken!" he screamed back at her, making Mika chuckle.
"You're lucky," Mika snorted at Lady Elizabeth. "I usually have to endure the nightshirt, holes and all." Then, with a thoughtful tilt of her head she looked at her black nightgown. "I should probably go change too," she sighed. "You wouldn't know what I should wear today, do you?"
galadriel_elf_queen1
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 01:48
Elisabeth blushed slightly as Miki turned around to face Mika threateningturn her into a chicken. He whirled around and ran out of the room looking for a pair of clean clothes.

She grinned as Mika said, "I probably should go change too," she sighed. "You wouldn't know what I should wear today would you?"

She nodded. "yes, but I'm not sure you would like my choice, but your welcome to try."

Mika gestured toward her room and toward the closet. Elisabeth peered in a little warily. She smiled. Just what she would have expected out of a mage's closet, black, dark purple, dark blue and in the farthest corner, a pleasant pink one.

She grinned micheaviously. She turned back to Mika. "Hey, close your eyes, and put on this dress, then walk outside. Miki and I will wait for you there. But no changing the dress until you get outside alright? I want to see how it looks on you."

Mika looked at her strangely but closed her eyes in consent as Elisabeth handed her the dress. Elisabeth grinned to herself as she walked back outside. That baby pink dress would look great on her.

"Hey Miki-Mage!" she called once she was outside.

lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 07:10
(aaah most gracious thanks for the lovely lead-in Bronwynn)

Cassandra woke up with the sun shining in through the thin window curtains. Summonning one of her maids with a tiny bell, she got out of bed and sat down at her vanity. One of the maids, Sally or Sarah, brought her a steaming bowl of scented water and a clean washcloth. She then proceeded to brush out her long blond hair and pin it up. "I'd like to wear the light rose colored dress this morning," she said. Another girl entered to pull the dress out of the wardrobe. After her hair was satisfactorily in place, the two maids helped her into her close fitting dress - it was a morning dress, but most unlike the typical one. Tight sleeves, tight bodice, and loose flowing skirts. It was exactly what she wanted since she was to be dining with the Queen and the Prince this morning.

Now finally finished with her morning preparations, she swept off to the breakfast room and found that most seats were filled. Sinking to a low curtsey, she greeted the Queen. "Your Highness, I wish you a good morn. I hope you are well." She eyed the room and realized she didn't know most of these people, but no matter, the prince was here. And there were a few attractive men in the company as well. She made her way over to her designated seat and to her delight was placed near the prince.

Rafe and Stephen woke up at dawn as they did almost every day to break their fast and begin their morning workout. They found several of the knights too hungover from the night before to join - Rafe gave them a lecture and pulled open the shades to let in the bright sunlight right before they left. They made a nice even six to spar against. Some of the castle guards wished to join them, so they made a pretty large group of nearly 20 men. Rafe set up his knights in the large courtyard beginning with routine motions to warm themselves up and then they could begin with mock combat using wooden swords and shields.

"So I see your new protoge is hard at work," Stephen said with a nod in the direction of the paddock that they had passed.

"Yes, I can see that Ironfoot is enjoying himself. And the boy Robert seems like a good worker. So how was the harvest yesterday? Make up enough to save the poor little girl's father?" Rafe asked mockingly.

"Yes we managed to do enough work that Joan can hold back the creditors for a while. It was hard work, but very satisfying. Yet, I have to tell you something, Joan would like to sepak with her afther first before she gives up the money."

"But her father is in the dungeons of the castle. How will she manage? Wait, don't tell me, you offered to escort her," Rafe said with a knowing look in his eyes.

"Yes, I did offer, but she refuse. She would rather sneak in herself, and most likely get caught in the process, than have me help her. I definitely don't want her father locked up any longer than she does, but I don't think it's right for her to be sneaking in. A lady - a lady like Lady Elaine, - or Lady Cassandra wouldn't do such a thing," Stephen said.

"I'm not so sure about Cassandra," Rafe said under his breath, but continuing louder, "Well, you seem to have high standards and opinions about the lovely Lady Elaine. I wasn't even aware you were acquainted with her. After all, Lady Cassandra closets her maids like a bunch of innocent virgins, which I suppose they are. I haven't heard you speak about her before, Stephen."

Stephen looked away a little uncomfortably. "Maybe I've seen her from afar, but I've barely spoken three words with her. I haven't had the chance. But she is one very pretty girl. But that's not the point of our conversation. I would like to know what to do about Joan."

"Alright, you don't want to talk about it, so I'll let the matter rest. For now. As for the guards, there are ways to get past them. If the girl is intent on sneaking in, she probably will find a way. The day will probably turn into a chaotic nightmare for the guards. Or you can post yourself as sentry and accost the girl when you see her. Now let's get on with our day."

Stephen threw a wooden sword to Rafe, and all conversation stopped, so intent were they on their sparring.

Elaine had gotten up, along with Sarah, Fanny, and Micah, at the crack of dawn to make sure verything was ready for their lady's morning. It wa shard to guess her moods - one day she would be absolutely gracious and kind, and others she would be snapping and complaining all day. It was enough to exhaust a person's body and spirit. The day was looking to be beautiful and sunny and warm. The girls would not have their breakfast until Lady Cassandra went to hers.

They had finished most of their preparations when Lady Cassandra rang for the. Sarah and Micah went in to attend to her, while Elaine and Fanny tidied up their room. With some spare time Elaine leaned out on her windowsill and to her surprise they had a wonderful view of the knights training in the courtyard. They were far away enough that the knight would probably not notice a couple of girls leaning out their windows staring at them, but they could see enough to figure out who was who.

"Isn't those knights handsome Elaine?" aske Fanny. "I'd love a closer look, right outside the courtyard, but milady wouldn't approve."

"No she would not. But from here we do have a fine view and on such a fine day," she replied. She could see that there were two kngihts who were working just a little harder than the rest. One she immediately spotted as Sir Rafe, the captain of the gurad, but the other she could not place. "Who is that sparring with Sir Rafael?" she asked Fanny.

"Why that's the young one who was recently knighted. Sir Stephen," she sighed, "oh is he lovely to look at. He is so fair with those brown curls and his gracious manners. One day I was running an errand for milady when I dropped my handkerchief. And out of nowhere he shows up with a "Pardon, my lady, you dropped this" - ever so gentlemanly, and he hands it to me with a bow. Oh! And I know for certain he isn't married. How I'd like to marry him!"

Elaine nodded in agreement, not sure if she was agreeing with just Sir Stephen being gallant, or if she also wanted to marry a man like him. If only she could maybe run into him one or twice, then she would find out for herself.

Sarah and Micah came back into the room and ungraciously plopped onto their beds. "Oh I'm famished!" Micah cried. "But Lady Cassandra was in a very good mood today."

"I'll go fetch our breakfasts," Elaine said as she made her way down to the kitchens for the second time.

[Edited on 26/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 07:33
(Oh good, Bronwyn; I was hoping you'd do that. ^__^)

Philip was wondering why Aurora was not present when Lady Cassandra entered the room and was placed near-by. Philip smiled at her politely.

"I am afraid I have not had a chance to greet you properly since you arrived yesterday, Lady Cassandra." he said, light green eyes absently studying her golden hair and then looking to her eyes. "Your journey was pleasent, I trust?"

Robert ran his fingers over the nicer equipment Ironfoot wore on special occasions. It was obviously not used often; the stamped leather was not worn or cracked. Not like the commonly used, plainer gear Robert had rubbed with saddle soap to keep it from cracking or become too hard.

Standing and wiping his hands on the edges of his work tunic, Robert started to head for the kitchens for his breakfast. However, he passed the knights training and saw Sir Rafe sparring with another knight.

The boy stopped, watching with a sharp look in his eyes as the two knights went at it.

Luke rubbed his shoulder and then pushed it back, trying to get it to keep from tightening. His whole body felt afire with aches and pains; but no wonder. He, Stephen and Joan had done in one day what should have taken five or six men; not two men and a girl.

'I am not doing that again, for a very long time.' he decided, heading up towards the castle. Even sore as he was, he didn't think he'd be caught. And he wasn't, as he made it to the kitchens.

Not that most of the guards worried about him anyway; Luke wasn't stupid enough to try to steal from around here, so they usually left him alone. They liked him anyway for his good humor.

As he entered, he saw a rather pretty girl in maids clothes, but very few others.

"Hello." Luke said. The girl looked up. He smiled.

"Haven't seen you here before. I'm Luke."

"Elaine." the young woman nodded. "Do you work here?"

"Not really. I'm looking for Robert; he's a stablehand. He should've been here about now for breakfast."

The woman just looked confused. Luke tried again. "He's about this high," he said, putting hand where his own shoulder was. "With long blonde hair and big blue eyes. Looks a bit like a girl..." Luke paused seeing the look on Elaine's face. "You haven't seen him, have you?"

The woman smiled apologetically. "No, I'm sorry."

Luke shrugged and watched her leave. Then swiping a few apples off a shelf, he walked towards the stableyard. That's where Robert was sure to be.

Brows drawn together in concentration, Robert tried to mimick some of the excercises the other knights had been doing. He'd found a long enough piece of lumber to use, but with out proper guidance, Robert felt a bit lost. Still, he wanted to see if he could do it while the pictures were still in his head.

Everyonce in a while, he'd peek around the end of the building to see what the knights were doing next.

"My foot goes here...? No." Robert frowned and then sighed.

"Whatcha doin'?"

Robert whirled as Luke walked up, chewing on an apple. "Here." the taller boy said, tossing him one. "Haven't had breakfast yet, have ya?"

Robert blushed a little as his stomach confirmed that.

"Tis no wonder you're so small, if you forge to eat like that." Luke rolled his grey eyes. "Ya need someone to look after you."

Robert shrugged, sitting cross-legged on the ground. "I just got distracted that's all."

"From food? How can you possibly be distracted from that?" Luke cried. Robert only smiled and shrugged. Luke was quiet, hearing the shouts from the knights and sighed.

"I see. You pretendin' to be one of them?" he jerked his thumb over his shoulder. Robert blushed even more.

"I didn't think it would hurt to see if I could." he said, looking at the ground.

Luke sighed again. "Robert, ya got to have some amount of money to be a knight; or else have a knight take ya on. You ain't got any money really and your so small, I don't think any of them would train ya. They'd proably think you'd break if they hit you in the slightest."

"Well, they'd be wrong about that. I'm stronger than I look!" Robert stated. "I can take hits."

Luke laughed. "I know. But sometimes people don't think about the size of a fight in the dog, they just think about the dog's size!"

Robert looked at him. "What?"

"I'm just sayin' that you'd not be a first choice. An' maybe you should think about that in case, well in case you never make it."

Robert's face became determined. "But I am going to be a knight, Luke. And I'll do anything; whatever it takes. It's all I've ever wanted."

Luke shook his head. "Whatever." he stood. "You got another one of these sticks?"

"Yeah, behind the stables. Why?" Robert asked, standing as well.

"Well, if you're going to act crazy, I might as well join ya. 'Sides, always wanted to play swords with someone I could beat." Luke grinned. Robert grinned back.

"We'll just see who beats who." he stated, running off to get another "sword".

(OOC: Sorry that turned out so long...)

[Edited on 26/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
lyrav9
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 08:32
Cassandra smiled prettily as the Prince addressed her. "My lord, you are a busy man with numerous duties. One cannot expect such an important man to go around daily greeting every single guest that stops on his doorstep. But yes, my journey here was as pleasant as could be. And I must compliment your household. I have been lodged in a wonderful chamber. Everything is to my needs and better than expected. And," she said, looking deep into his beautiful green eyes, "I am delighted to finally have the pleasure of your company." She even took the opportunity to lay a light hand upon his arm.

Ealine made it to the kitchens without mishap this time and ordered the girls' breakfasts to be brought up to their room. On her way down to the kitchens she began thinking again about what she saw last night with Lady Cassandra and Sir Rafe. Maybe it really was a coincidence that they came from the same place. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice that someone had enetered the kitchens. "Hello," the boy said. He had bright red hair and a cheerful looking face. "Haven't seen you here before. I'm Luke."

I'm Elaine," she replied, giving him a smile.

He was looking for a blond boy named Robert, but she had no idea who he was, and really she had no idea who anyone was since she'd only arrived yesterday. She apologized for not knowing where Robert was and excused herself. She had to get back upstairs.

Yet, after watching the knights sparring earlier, her curiosity was piqued. Maybe she really didn't need to rush upstairs just yet - after all Lady Cassandra was still at her breakfast. Exiting through the doors that led out to the gardens, she made her way over to the courtyard. There were many places where she could watch without being seen. And there was already a somewhat large gathering of the serving and housemaids loitering around the courtyard on some errand or another. No wonder the kitchen was practically empty. Some of the bolder women were at the edge of the courtyard waving their handkerchiefs at the knights.

Not wanting to be seen by the other women and girls, Elaine took a longer path around the courtyard and passed by the stables. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a bright spot of red - it was Luke, the boy she'd met earlier. He and another boy - blond, she supposed it was the Robert he was looking for - were fighting as well. She leaned against the stable walls and watched with amusement as they proceeded to mimic the knights in their sparring routine.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email