Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Thuringwethil
Council Member
Send Message
Post If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?
on: August 14, 2002 02:22
I personally would have Samwise protect me. He is so loyal and loving, he would rather die fighting for you than to save himself, he's so cute!!!! :love: :heart: :love:
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
Post RE: If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?
on: August 14, 2002 02:26
aragorn without a doubt.

he can fight
he can track
he can hide
he can do loads of other cool stuff

he has gotten the fellowship out of trouble loads and is also pretty fearless

he has my vote
BondageOrc
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?
on: August 14, 2002 02:52
Boromir...he went so far as to sacrifice himself. :cry:
Sofia_Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 02:53
*Agrees with K.* Yup… Aragorns’ the best bet for me as well.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 04:09
Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush:

Well, you get the idea... any more drooling and I'll have to go to the Casting Forum for a towel... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I really like Boromir!
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 05:02
LEGOLAS....Trig wants Legolas...mmmmhmm she does she does.

<---- oooh look there he is now...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 05:15
Hmm... it's a toss up between Boromir, Aragorn, and Legolas.

Boromir has already proven that he would defend to the death, but there's no telling what would happen afterward.

Aragorn... well, he's ruggedly manly and very good with a sword and a bow (and he lives, which is a plus).

It was pointed out by someone - can't remember whom - in another thread that Legolas saved the lives of each member of the Fellowship at least once. His eyes and hearing are sharp, he's good at distance and close range fighting (bow and knives).

Okay, I originally voted for Aragorn, but after re-reading this, I think Legolas is the best bet. Aragorn defended Frodo in Moria and got knocked out and, had Frodo not been wearing the mithril coat, he would have died. Legolas, though, saved them all with that great shot through the troll's mouth.

[Edited on 15/8/2002 by Parmadur]
Hathaldir
Ent Enthusiast
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 05:18
Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush:

Well, you get the idea... any more drooling and I'll have to go to the Casting Forum for a towel... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I really like Boromir!

*agrees whole-heartedly with Elerrina* :drool: :blush:
Minuial
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 05:22
I think I'd go with Gandalf. Wiser than any of the others, and he has magic to keep me safe. And I could share his pipe. So yes...the wizard will do.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 07:32
Might have been me who mentioned Leggy's saves. Pushed Gandalf out of the way of the snow fall on Caradhras, pulled Boromir back from the precipice on the broken stair in Moria, pulled Gimli's beard to keep him from falling, was often the one they depended on to detect danger early (the birds, his bad feelings about poor Boromir's temptation, the Watcher in the Water, the Cave Troll, etc., etc.). Sharp senses, great aim, loyalty, understanding, sensitivity... What more could you ask for in a protector?

But, just to act as a devil's advocate, I must say that each member of the Fellowship brought with him a special talent or characteristic that proved valuable... It would be hard to say who would actually do the best job because they all gave different talents to the group...

Hard question...
Trignifty
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 07:47
*Trig nudges Belle*

You forgot extremely foxy...

Actually to add to my post, in all seriousness, his abilities are why I'd want him protecting me. He'll see and hear things before I will, he can keep me entertained with his beeeautiful voice (in theory). Very skilled archer..I mean, really you can't go wrong with any of the members of the Fellowship, they all prove to be loyal. But always go with the one who can walk on snow.

Trig
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 08:23
Aragorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boromir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

either of those manly men!!!!

(must not drool. must not drool)

if you need me i'll be in the casting forum

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

*leaves a trail of drool leading to the door*

Natika
Anor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 08:29
Samwise Gamgee
Celebriloth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2002 11:08
:cry: :cry:NO NO NO DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE :cry: :cry:
its not fair, not fair I tell you

Boromir :drool:
Legolas

But what I really want is to go with my lord Elrond :drool: :drool: :heart: :love: :drool: to the undying lands, not possible I think, but a very nice thought :heart:
Lozza
Elven Huntress
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 02:05
So many to choose from...

Boromir's sacrifice was noble.
Aragorn is simply noble full stop.

But I would have to go with Legolas, only becasue I could trust an elf with my life. Noble and honest and valient, and elf would definately be the way to go.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 02:36
well, everyone knows I've got this thing for Manly Men, so I should say Boromir (if necessary MR) or Aragorn

but I'm not going to

because - I say this with GREAT reluctance - I think Legolas would be best fitted for that job, if you're only seeking protection

but I don't think our sweet Lady El had only 'protection' on her mind...
Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 03:10
Who would I choose to protect me from the fellowship??
Hmmm..tricky choice....but it would either be Aragorn, Bormomir or Legolas.
But if I have to choose just one....I would pick Legolas.

Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 07:32
but I don't think our sweet Lady El had only 'protection' on her mind... ---figwit

Ahhhhhh.... figgy, I think you know me too well!! Yes, I think Boromir is quite the fox... a very handsome man (Sean Bean) :heart: and quite capable of turning this Lady's head. However, all the male leads so far (except the wizards and the dwarf) are very attractive AND would make wonderful protectors... especially the Elves, for the reasons others have listed above. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: It certainly makes me look forward to the next movies!!

*** El grabs a towel from the stack by the door... follows Natika to the Casting Forum for further swooning... lol ***
Dínquese
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 08:13
This is a very difficult question... for me at least.
Legolas would be a good choise I think, but I must say that Frodo would have died unter Legolas' protection too, if he hadn't weared the Mithril coat. Still he would be a good protector I think.
But I think Sam would be a good choise too. Because he's loyal and a great friend.
I wouldn't chose Pippin or Merry, though I like them very much.

I still don't know, I think I will stick to Sam.
Untidy
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 09:28
Hm, after much thinking, I'd say the best protector would be Legolas.

Excellent fighter with sharp eyes and ears, and I reckon as an elf he does not tire as quickly as humans do.

If you ask whom I *want* to be my protector, I'd pick Aragorn, though.

In fact, if the list wasn't limited to the Fellowship, I'd pick Elrond. :love:
Just gotta love him in that warrior outfit...

Greetings!
Pippin12
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 09:32
i would have to say Pippin and it's not just because i love him and i think he's cute it's because he's almost as smart as merry in the books, but you people may say that Pippin counden't protect anyone even if his life depended on it but hey that's your choosing.

-Pippin
sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 10:13
ummmmmmmmmmmm.
this is a hard question.
methink sam or legolas
cause sam is really loyal and kind
and legolas because he is really really kool and he is an elf and good at archery and really really really good looking :drool: :drool: :drool:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :blush: :drool: :drool:
:drool: :blush: :drool: :drool: :drool: :blush:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :blush: :drool: :drool:
:drool: :blush: :drool: :drool: :drool: :blush:
Lórinand
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 10:57
do you need to ask...
After all, aragorn gave his sword to Frodo, and i think i am slightly more needy :heart:
KeeperofVilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 01:25
I would want Legolas for all the reasons already mentined.
Orondo_Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 02:56
This is a difficult question. I might choose Gandalf for his wisdom and wizardly power. Yet, that power draws attention, much as the Ring draws it; a party including Gandalf is not, I think, as secret as it might be. Aragorn would, also, be high on my list: he's an excellent warrior and tracker, perceives otherwise-hidden dangers, and resists the Ring's lure well. Also he cares very deeply about Middle-Earth and its creatures.
Orondo_Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 02:59
do you need to ask...
After all, aragorn gave his sword to Frodo, and i think i am slightly more needy :heart:

More needy than Frodo? If so, you shouldn't be telling just anyone about it; there could well be servants of the Dark Lord hanging about here
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 03:30
Legolas...I don't think much would get past him.
Todo_Maggot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2002 06:18
hey, im new. Boromir, he can call all the others with his horn
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 02:54
hi Todo_Maggot, say hi to Figwit!
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 06:06
Welcome to CoE, Todo M... when you say Hi to Figwit, say Hi to Elerrina, too!!

If you need any help finding your way around, you can ask for help by clicking on any Forum Moderator's name (mine for example), then on the "Send this user a Private Message" link...

You also might want to go to the Prancing Pony Forum and visit the Getting to Know You topic.. so we can get to know YOU!!

Again... welcome!!
Lily_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 03:21
Elrond! :drool: :drool: :drool: Elrond! :drool: :drool: :drool: Elrond! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Elrond! :drool: :drool: :drool:
need i say any more?!?!?? :blush: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Trignifty
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 05:25
Hey..urm..Lily...I totally agree with you about the Elrond thing. *points to the Fellowship part of the topic though*

But seriously man...Elrond. MMMMHMM. :drool: :blush:
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 16, 2002 08:18
aragorn without a doubt.

he can fight
he can track
he can hide
he can do loads of other cool stuff

he has gotten the fellowship out of trouble loads and is also pretty fearless

he has my vote

Plus he's sensitive in a manly way (that scene after Bormir's boat goes over the waterfall), he knows Elvish, he's handy with herbs and nature lore.

And did I mention he's gorgeous? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(Whoops, better watch it--hubby might get jealous...we had a hard enough time when Braveheart and Rob Roy came out )

[Edited on 9/13/02 by Scothia]
Dilbo
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2002 02:18
I think Aragorn would be the best because he knows what he is doing from lots of experience
Todo_Maggot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2002 02:49
Hi every one, (thisis easier than saying it individually)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email