Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Nimrodel_of_Lothlorien~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?
on: June 06, 2003 09:45
Yah me too. He is very cool. Buuuuuuuut, I'm just wondering why nobody says Gimli? I mean, Legolas, Aragorn, and Gandalf are my top three no doubt, but you can't say no to gruff determination, especially when the dude's extremely outnumbered. It's not like I fancy Gimli, though. I'd still pick Legolas for obvious reasons. :blush:
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
Post RE: If you could have any member of the Fellowship protect you whom would it be?
on: June 06, 2003 04:03
Eomer's got my vote....he's a warrior no doubt about that. On that horse with his sword and he's a force of one.....:love: He's loyal and a fighter. All those Horse soldiers that followed him even after Theoden drove him away proved that.
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 04:11
Well, if the person has to be a fellowship member, I'd say Legolas because of his keen elven eyesight, skill with a bow and knives, and because he's so darn hot!
BUT, if I could choose someone outside of the fellowship, I'd say Haldir, because he has all the same qualities as Leggy, plus has his own following of elven archers and is even hotter!!! :love:
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 07:43
Definitely Aragorn or Gandalf the White.
LadyArwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 07:58
i'd say frodo,but he's kinda wimpy ( his cuteness definetly makes up 4 it:love: ) so i guess i have 2 say i'd want legolas.

[Edited on 7/6/2003 by LadyArwen]
AlatarielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2003 05:27
I would go with Aragorn. He spends most of Fellowship protecting the Hobbits and he's spent almost his entire life protecting the Shire. Protection is his job as a ranger. He's a good fighter, very noble and selfless. Definatly Aragorn.

My second choice would be Samwise the Brave. He is so loyal and sweet, but I don't think he would get to far against men twice his size (which is why my first choice is Aragorn)

Third choice would be Boromir. He proved willing to sacrifice himself.

Honestly, I'd be honoured to have anybody from the Fellowship protect me. And since I'm not a feminist, I have no problems letting the guys do the fighting. Honestly, I'd rather be the damsel in distress than the knight in shining armor any day...especially if Aragorn was the knight
Frodo_007
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2003 10:26
Aragorn or Legolas!Probably more Arargorn coz he can kick some searious butt!
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 05:59
I can protect myself very well, thank you very much!

If however I had to pick one, it would be ARAGORN without question!

Would still rather take care of myself, I can't go around falling into some stereotype that women are weak ya know.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: June 09, 2003 06:48
Well, if the person has to be a fellowship member, I'd say Legolas because of his keen elven eyesight, skill with a bow and knives, and because he's so darn hot!
BUT, if I could choose someone outside of the fellowship, I'd say Haldir, because he has all the same qualities as Leggy, plus has his own following of elven archers and is even hotter!!! :love:

Don't forget, this is the "If any member of the FELLOWSHIP" could protect you. There's another poll in Movies for which TTT character you'd want to protect you
Minyaana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 08:30
Legolas, he's my grandfather and no one can destroy my faith and believe in him...
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 08:39
Boromir! :love:
Legolas~Archerelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 11:32
Legolas. He's the coolest member of the fellowship.
He's quick with a bow and he's also an elf; elves are the best creatures in middle earth

Send Message
on: November 28, 2003 04:35
They all have their strong points; there's no one I'd be averse to fighting along side (protect me? heck no). However, as much as common sense screams Aragorn, because there's nothing he can't do, or Boromir, because of Amon Hen, or Gandalf, simply because he's Gandalf...I'm gonna go with Merry. Sure, you can say that he needed that particular blade (re: the Witchking), or needed Eowyn there, or you can give credit entirely to Eowyn as some do, but I think the hobbit has guts, and that's what I'd want.
monasua
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 10:54
Legolas :heart: Legolas :love: Legolas :blush: Legolas

Elves are the best....he has my vote
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 11:20
this isnt a hard question for me.Off course it would be Legolas!!!He is amazing and when he uses his bow......Wow!!!
Yep he definitly would be the one.although Aragorn isnt that bad either

Nope i am sticking with Legolas.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 05:43
hmmm...boromir or aragorn. as some of you have said already, manly men and as long as there's no danger in sight....well, they look really good :love:
toodlepip
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 10:08
i would definatley have Aragorn protect me, i think he is so loyal and would help anyone, he said he would die protecting frodo, thats not bad is it!!
Lady_Laurendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 10:54
Wow, so many arguments and things to choose from. For me, it has to be Legolas and for all the reasons already stated ...

Elves have always been my ultimate favourite race and Legolas is the epitome of that race. Warrior elf. He can detect danger early, elves hardly sleep (they only rest, not 'sleep' like Men do), sharp ears and eyes, expert archer and so, oh loyal, and ...

Okay. I'll stop now.

You get the idea.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 11:36
Faramir. :love:

Maybe with Pippin's help.

They could have been a Middle Earth crime-fighting duo like Batman and Robin.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 11:39
i would have to say Pippin and it's not just because i love him and i think he's cute it's because he's almost as smart as merry in the books, but you people may say that Pippin counden't protect anyone even if his life depended on it but hey that's your choosing.

-Pippin

Pippin saved the life of Gandalf, and was responsible for saving the life of Faramir as well. And in the book, he saved the life of Beregond.

Quite a little hero was our Pip.
viben
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 12:36
Samwise shall protect me, he´s a true friend:blush:
IsildursHeir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 02:32
...Most of you people have left out the most powerful...
GANDALF!!!!
He's the wisest of the Maiar, he befriended eagles, killed Durin's Bane, challenged the Witch-King, died and came back, kept the third elf ring safe, rode Shadowfax, etc.
Eden_of_the_WoodlandRealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 10:45
Of course, I would rather protect myself, and I don't need man to do that. But............................................ if i HAD to choose someone...... Aragorn :drool:
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 12:08
Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush: Boromir... Boromir... :blush: Boromir... :blush:

Well, you get the idea... any more drooling and I'll have to go to the Casting Forum for a towel... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I really like Boromir!

Deffinately. :love:
Irethyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 04:29
Aragorn! Though I must say that Gandalf is probably the strongest member and he could really protect me from getting caught by Balrogs and such...
But I'd also put my trust in Aragorn and Andúril! :love::drool:
gothic_angel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 06:42
probably Aragorn or Gandalf - they're the more stronger members of the Fellowship, I think
Bundthennwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 01:14
I would personally like to be protected by Legolas. I mean, he has Elf hearing and sight so you are always safe, and that bow. Nothing gets past him!!!:love:
B_Baggins111
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 03:58
I think Aragorn would be the person to protect me.
astra_celestine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:02
This is a difficult question, my first thought was "Aragorn, of course":

Legolas because of his skills in fighting...

Gandalf because of his wisdom...

Aragorn can fight and is a handsome man - even a bit filthy

Sam because of his loyalty and emotional strength...

If I had to choose, I´d take Sam, but I´d prefer Aragorn AND Sam together.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by astra_celestine]
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 02:10
SHIELDMAIDEN FOREVER!!!!!!

I need no protection!

I actually want to protect,not be protected.

I'd want to protect Frodo.MOVE OVER,SAM!!!
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 02:07
I've noticed that, in general, people base their choices on three things:

1) unbeatable fighting/defense skills

2) loyalty and trustworthiness

3) great looks

For me, I can think of only one Fellowship member who (it can be rightfully said) undoubtedly possesses all of the above...

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF
:love::drool::blush::love::drool::blush:
square
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 06:50
Aragorn

[Edited on 27/3/2004 by square]
Eyborg
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 09:36
As much as I love Aragorn, I think I would choose Merry and Pippin to protect me. And now I'm not talking about the goofballs we saw in FOTR, but rather the mature, sexy hobbit warriors they become in ROTK (and especially in the Scouring of the Shire in the book). I would just love to have Pippin threaten with his sword the bad guy who was going to attack me, and Merry to slice him to pieces! :evil: Yes, I'm a pervy hobbit fancier, I know... :love:
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 01:36
I would let Boromir protect me! :heart: He's really strong and courageous...and his brother is Faramir.
Dûngaladwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 04:01
Personally, i would pick them all to protect me... all at once... But if i really had to chose i think i would pick everyones favorite: Legolas... and everyone knows why. :love: :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email