Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: August 19, 2002 05:12
As you walk down the road you see a piece of parchment on the wall of the Elvish Armoury, it is flapping in the wind. You go over to read it and it says.

"Archers of the Silver Moon

We have lost many of our members and i think that it is time that I recruit and train more Elves in our ways so that our Lore is not forgotten if you are interrested in joining speak to Elruwen Greenleaf."

you also notice a list of names many of which have a symbol next to it showing that the member died it looked like this.

"Elruwen Greenleaf (leader)

Elvithrawyn Silvrenithil (deputy) (dd)
Lomaranduil Silvrenithil (dd)
Elindir Siannodel (dd)
Deliwiel Siannodel (dd)
Karvanor Galanodel (dd)
Earuviel Galanodel (dd)"

What will you do?

[Edited on 13/1/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Alliren
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: August 19, 2002 06:20
i would go
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2002 08:44
Gil en Aear though carring an elvish name but not sure of her heritage decides to enter
the Elvish Armoury and to ask Elruwen about.

*Gil en Aear enters sales-room and looks for Elruwen Greenleaf*
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2002 08:51
**Natika enters with caution**

though I was taught in the way of archery, I am not sure in what way i was taught, I would love to learn, and am open to suggestions.

**Goes about looking for Elruwen Greenleaf**

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 20, 2002 01:54
**Elruwen hears people enter the Elvish Armoury and pokes her head out from the workshop door at the back of the shop**

"How may i help you?" she says walking over to the counter
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2002 04:25
*Gil en Aear turns away from a dagger she had admired and walks over to Elruwen*

Please tell me some more about 'The Archers of the Silvermoon', I may be not of pure elvenblood, but I greatly honor traditions and lore of the elves, so I'm interested in this.
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2002 06:51

**Natika walks over to where Gil en Aear is talking to Elruwen and over hears the last part of the conversation**

but I greatly honor traditions and lore of the elves, so I'm interested in this.

Yes so to do I. though I am not of the purest blood, I am an elf non the less
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 21, 2002 02:17
**Elruwen begins to tell them about the history of The Archers of the Silver Moon.**

"The Archers of the Silver Moon were and still are an elite band of archers. We were founded at the time of the Last Alliance. Originally we were just Mirkwood Elves but now we accept all Elves and Half Elves from all tribes with the exception of Drow Elves. We were taught in the ways of the Arcane Arts and Ancient Lores. After years of training each member becomes an Arcane Archer like myself and posseses supernatural and spell like abilities. Such as being able to shoot an arrow at a target and the arrow will bend round corners and pass unhindered through solid stone walls. We travel Middle Earth and destroy evil where we find it, but now as you have probably noticed by reading the parchment I am the last Arcane Archer in Middle Earth because my close friend Elindir, although he wrote the notice was slain by a Drow not long after compleating it. I want to train more people in our ways and thus continue with the warband's traditions and ensure that our Lore is not forgotten.

**a few tears can be seen rolling down Elruwen's cheeks as she speaks about Elindir.**
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2002 09:37
*Gil en Aear reaches out to comfort Elruwen*

I am sorry for your friend.

*The tears stop slowly*

Please will you tell me what has to be done to become adept to the Arts and Lore ?
And will you accept me to become one?!
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2002 11:39
Amiluad notices a piece of parchment hanging on the Elvish Armory. She reads it and enters the Armory. Seeing Elruwen speaking with a few others, she walks over to the counter and listens to Elruwen speak.

"Suilad, friends. I commend you for your bravery, Elruwen. Though I cannot travel throughout Middle Earth hunting the evil that exists here, I would be honored to be trained in skills of the Archers of the Silver Moon and pass it on to future generations."

[Edited on 21/8/2002 by elvenqueen]
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2002 08:09
**a few tears can be seen rolling down Elruwen's cheeks as she speaks about Elindir.**

I am sorry for your loss, it probably is terribly painful, though I know of the feeling.

*Gil en Aear reaches out to comfort Elruwen*

I am sorry for your friend.

*The tears stop slowly*

Please will you tell me what has to be done to become adept to the Arts and Lore ?
And will you accept me to become one?!

And i too, for now I will stop at nothing to learn and carry on the Tradition.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 01:48
**Elruwen places a very large old book on the counter along with some scrolls.**

"The training consists of studying large tomes of Lore such as this one, learning how to cast spells of varying dificulty from bobth books and scrolls, how to craft bows and arrows and how to cast spells into the bows and arrows. You will also be trained in the ways of a sniper, and when, where and how to use your different abilities spell like and supernatural which you gain as you become more experienced. There are ten different levels of experience which can take up to two years to achieve each. I myself am the highest level, only three of us have ever reached the highest of these levels. The training is not easy but it is rewarding."
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 04:32
*Gil en Aear eyes the book admiring for she loves ancient books*

I did not expect it to be easy.But I always love to learn.

*Smiles exited at the book and the scrolls feeling very much drawn to them as if called by a voice*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 10:59
**Elruwen notices Gil en Aear's interest in the books**

"You can look at the tome but you will be unable to read the scrolls because they are written in a such away that only spell casters can read them. Reading magic will be one of the first skills you learn."
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 05:22
**Natika looks up at the sight of the books**

I am definatly intrested in magic, and skills of life, so i am more than delighted to learn, when do we begin?
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 05:42
*Amiluad opens the book and looks at some of the magic.*

I know some of this. I am skilled in the ways of reading and using magic. I offer my assistance in equipping the rest of the volunteers to read it as well. But I remind you that I may not understand all of it, as it looks like a slightly different magic than I have been trained in. If my skills would be helpful to you, I will assist be iest lin.

[Edited on 23/8/2002 by elvenqueen]
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2002 10:20
**Elruwen notices Gil en Aear's interest in the books**

"You can look at the tome but you will be unable to read the scrolls because they are written in a such away that only spell casters can read them. Reading magic will be one of the first skills you learn."

*Gil en Aear nods*

So when will you teach us to read magic?

*Gil en Aear is a little embarassed because she is so impatient.She tries to restrain her impatience, knowing that this is one of her greatest faults*

I would love to learn.

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 23, 2002 02:29
**Elruwen shuts her, eyes mutters someting and a bolt of blue light shoots out from the palm of her right hand just missing the tip of Amiluad's ear as it passed her. Three stools then appeared from out of thin air just behind Gill en Aear, Amiluad and Natika.**

"Seeing that you are so eager to learn we can begin the training now. So pull up a stool and we shall begin."

**she dissapears into the back of the shop and begins carrying many large tomes, spell books and scrolls to the counter and places them on to the counter gentley.**

"I warn you now, once you have begun the journey down this path there is no turning back."
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2002 04:57
*Gil en Aear jumps startled at the unexpected
demonstration of power, darts a quick glance at the other two and settles finally on a stool*

I am ready.

*Now that she is sitting she feels oddly at peace with herself.*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 23, 2002 11:57
**Elruwen begins flicking through the large tomes to find the page which teaches the essentials of the Arcane Arts to 'initiates'**
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2002 05:22
**Natika is happy to learn n e which way she can and sits on a stoll ready to be taught**
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2002 05:48
*Amiluad perches on one of the stools*

I am ready to learn the ways of the Arcane Arts.
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2002 02:40
si what are we starting with????

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2002 07:19
**Elruwen stops flicking through the books, she has found the one she was looking for. She places it infront of the three 'initiates'**

"I will begin by teaching you the universal notation used by spellcasters when they write spells into their spell books and when they scribe scrolls. I will also teach you the Read Magic spell untill you know it inside out. It is the one spell you must memorise, because if your spell books are destroyed you must use this spell to copy spells from someone else's spell book into your new one. Now you must each read this chapter to make sure you understand the basics (all about different notations used when writing magic)."
Auralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2002 04:43
Can I please join???? I have good eye/hand co-ordination...... And I'm an Elf.....
stargazer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 03:54
*Gil en Aear starts reading eagerly *
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 11:03
"Yes you may join but as i have told the others, once you choose this path there is no turning back and the path is not easy. The others will explain to you what they are learning at the moment.
Now if you four will please excuse me i must go and find some of my scrolls for you to try and decode as part of your learning."

**Elruwen dissapears into the back of the shop and while doing so another bolt of blue light shoots from her palm and a stool appears infront of Auralonde.**
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 04:36
*Amiluad looks over Gil en Aear's shouler at the book, trying to glean all she can from it*
Auralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 07:48
Okaaaay....What's happening???? What do I do???
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 08:08
**swivels around on the stool to face Auralonde**

at the moment we are just learning about magic, so well will be able to read the books, hold on and soon we will be able to learn alot more

Natika
Auralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2002 08:10
Cool. Whatwe done so far????? What can I read?????
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2002 02:07
**Elruwen returns from the back of the shop carrying a pile of scrolls in her arms.**

"Right then, once you have finished gleaning the information from that chapter i can start teaching you the Read Magic spell and then you can practice it on these scrolls. The drawback is i know what the scrolls are and you don't so there is no cheating."

**Dumps the scrolls on the counter.**

"So how are you four finding the reading?"
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2002 05:11
*Amiluad looks up from reading over Gil en Aear's shoulder at Elruwen*

It is somewhat hard for us all to read from one book. Is this the only copy?
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2002 08:59
"So how are you four finding the reading?"

Well it is quite alright, though i must agree with Amiluad, is this the only copy? i imagine so.

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2002 03:19
"I am afraid these are the only remaining tomes they are a complete set, the other six sets were destroyed so as they did not fall into the wrong hands. The only other copy has been commited to my memory. However there is magic in the books' pages which will automatically cause the information you read to remain in your memory, so there is only need for one copy, generally i only had one initiate at a time, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Well read what you can. Once you all finish the chapter you will learn your first spell." ((chapter is only about 10 pages long))

**Elruwen releases one of her Ioun Stones (see Elvish Armoury for details) She knows full well that initiates learning their first spells always make mistakes.**
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email