Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: September 22, 2002 09:10
*** Elerrina turns to Natika and Kyran... ***

Natika, this is my friend Kyran... he's going to be joining our class. He's already quite accomplished, but would like to join us and get his skills refreshed. You two talk a bit, I'm going to see if I can comfort Elruwen...

*** Elerrina follows Elruwen into the back, and taking her hand pulls her into a hug... then releases her and looks into her eyes, with tears in her own eyes... ***

Talk to me, Elruwen... please. I can feel how you feel, but words will tell me why better than intruding into your spirit without asking... how can I help? Please talk to me...
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2002 11:31
*kyran turns to Natika*
"was it somthing I said?"
*he looks back as Elerrina disapears into a room out the back*
"Hi Natika, nice to meet you I have heard much of you also"
*he turns and waves his hand at the books*
"ok thats that learned where were we?"
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2002 08:13
**Natika giggles slightly and then wonders what is wrong also with Elruwen. but soon sighs it off and talks with Kyran**

yes that is all we have done so far. though it has been quite strenuous and I am still feeling a little faint from yesterday. but can't let that stop ya now can we?

**Natika smiled as she looked to the book**

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2002 09:53
"Elerrina, it is just that today was to have been my wedding day, but i shall not let that interfear with your trainning."

**wipes her eyes**

"Well on with the lesson."

**carries the box of tools over to the counter and places it down on the counter and begins rifling through it.**
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2002 10:51
*meanwile Kyran and Natika stand back in the other room and both feel Elruwen's pain and sorow*
"we should do somthing to make her feel better I dont like her sad, it makes me sad"
*a teardrop drips down kyrans face and lands on the floor then he wipes his face*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 24, 2002 11:15
*** Elerrina walks out of the back room and wipes a tear from her eye, she looks at Natika... and takes her hand, then looks at Kyran and takes his hand... ***

Natika, Kyran... *they get the full message of Elruwen's grief through the mental link assisted by physical touch... she drops their hands and stand weeping, head bowed with sadness for her friend and mentor... and what might have been...*
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2002 11:20
**Natika looks to the ground. definatly not as happy as she was just mere moments ago. She can't bring herself to tears. for once they start. she would surely not be able to stop them. So she just closed her eyes and breathed. Why should I have had a birthday?. she thought. but then decided not to dwell on it too much. her thoughts turned back to her friend and her fight against the tears was becoming harder. eventually she threw her arms around Elerrina's neck. just hoping for a little bit of comfort to help her fight the trickles of water roling down her face**

Natika
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 24, 2002 12:04
*** Elerrina gathers Natika into her arms...***

Natika, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to press this into your consciousness... *she glances at Kyran, who is standing, head bowed, too*... but I knew that it would come from Elruwen or from me to both of you. Better to have my impressions than hers, tho... hers are even more painful. She loved him so very much... and now I feel as though I loved him, too. *she sighs and tries to smile at Kyran* Ahhh... are you okay, my friend?

*** And she knows that he is processinging the flood of emotion and recovering his equilibrium... just as sheknows that Natika is still hurting... for the telepathic link of the Archers of the Silver Moon is already strong in her mind, mixed with her own sense of empathy.***

*** Kyran comes over to give them both a pat on the shoulder, for he now can open himself to feeling their unspoken thoughts as well as his own... ***
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2002 12:30
**Natika stays in Elerrina arms for a little while. before she gathers herself and wipes her face. she stands back and raises her shoulders to make herself seem taller and prouder. she then lets her head glace back to look at Elruwen scramblinb through scrolls. and then rests her hand on where Kyrans is. gently squeezing it with a thanks**

I suppose we shall start soon then?

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2002 08:54
"I'm sorry, i should not let my emotions get in the way of your learning. Now to the art of bow carving." she says

**Hands them a yew, oak and willow bough and a set of tools each**

"First you need to strip the bark off your boughs"

**demonstrates**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 25, 2002 11:31
*** Elerrina takes her tools and looks at them carefully, checking the cutting edges... then begins to cautiously strip the bark, doing as Elruwen showed them... ***

I used to do wood carving, Elruwen... I carved just little things that would fit in my hand... bears or otters or other animals... it was fun. And I think they were pretty good, too. This is the first time I've started a bow, tho...

*** She shows Elruwen the first piece of wood... ***

How'm I doing?

*** Elerrina still senses her teacher's sadness, but it is more dull than it was... muted... and she wonders if perhaps her students' happier feelings were also influencing Elruwen's mood... she hoped it was so... ***
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2002 11:34
*Kyran took a knife and held it in the air with his mind he put it to teh wood and it sprung to life cuting and scraping at the wood untill suidenly it was totaly striped and the knife droped to the ground. and kyran smiled*
"all done whats next?*
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2002 01:41
**Takes the knife and does it in much the same way as Kyran. only slower.. Natika looks to the beaming Kyran and smiles**

Good job... I think..

**Looks to Elruwen in a questioning glance about her comment**

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 05:23
**To Elerinna**
"You're doing very well, keep it up."

**To Natika**
"Very well done Natika, except in some areas you have cut to deep and exposed the core of the wood."

**To Kyran**
"You should not use magic to carve the bows, as this destroys the bow's ability to be imbued. Here is another branch now this time strip the bark off it by hand."

**Compleats stripping the bark off her yew branch with almost pinpoint accuracy and presicion.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 08:44
*** Elerrina smiles, pleased at the praise... ***

Thank you... I've always liked working with my hands... *takes a deep breath* ... and I like working with wood, too. I always feel like I should take a moment to thank the tree which contributed of itself to my project, whatever it might be...

*** she continues her careful work, gradually getting more speedy without getting careless (mindful of the sharp tools!!)... ***
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2002 06:27
*Sarie hastily bursts through the armory door and quickly surveys the scene. Momentarily her eyes rest on a new face and a flash of curiousity can be seen in them. Everything seemed to be okay, but she could not shake the sadness she was feeling, nor could she understand it.*

I apologize for my tardiness. I was out on my morning walk and I felt so many emotions in so short a time. The only thing I could figure it was was that you were in some sort of distress or something. Is everything okay?
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 12:36
*Kyran looked dispointed but then had an Idea he zaped in a knife that was strangly shaped the blade was bent in a funny circle like shape then he put it on one end of the bow and pushed it down to the other end striping it perfictl. then he leaned back and smiled*
"that any better?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 01:53
**To Kyran**

"You get the basic idea, but no form of magic can be used not even a magical or magically altered blade if you want the bow to imbued."
Elruwen says sternly.

**To Sarie**
"Everything is all right now, here take these."

**passes her a yew bough and a set of tools**

"Your late arrival has cost you time, take this branch and these tools, you must strip the bark off the branch without using magical means and be careful not to cut to deep into the wood."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 07:56
Would you look at this one, Elruwen? *hands her the branch* Am I ready to start another? Also...*she looks into Elruwen's eyes... and inquires mentally: 'are you alright now, my friend?'*

*** Elerrina picks up another yew branch, and begins stripping the bark... ***

Are different kinds of wood any different to strip? Or is yew the best wood to use?
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 11:22
*Kyran threw away his specialy made knife and thought for a wile*
"ah I've got an Idea"
*he pulls out a long knife from his bag and looks at it for a minute. He put one hand on the handle and the other on the blade then he pushed it into a bend slowly as he did it his blood trickled down his arm and driped to the floor he bent it round and stuck it back towards the way the blade went the pushed it into the blade's base. he bent it into a sutable shape and droped it on the ground he held his hand so that he could see it, there where two streeks of blood down his hand and they continued to bleed so he took out a bandage and wraped it around his hand. he then picked up the blade in the other hand and wiped the blood off it*
"what about that? not made by magic"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 12:13
**To Elerrina**

"What you have to do now is strip down a williow branch and cut a thin slice of wood from it. then cut the yew bough in half lengthways and place the slice of willow between the to halves of the bow, secure it in place with this glue like susbstance and press it together 'til the glue sets"

**Cries out in pain, clutching her hand**

**to Kyran**

"Try not to cause yourself pain, becasue i feel it to, but worse because i am your mentor. The blade is fine, but why can't you just use the tools i have given you."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 01:22
*** Elerrina winces at the pain, too... and a red streak forms where Kyran has cut his flesh... ***

Owww... Kyran, don't DO that... be careful, please. *she helps him bandage the cut and holds it for a minute as she works some healing on his hand* That should be better now...

** She carefully strips the bark from one of the willow limbs, first checking one branch against the other for size, then she carves the top from it. Putting the willow down on the flat side, picks up the planing blade (handles at both ends and a thin blade between) she braces her fingers to keep the distance even and carefully strokes one long quarter-inch thick piece from the willow, bracing it at the end against her foot. Fairly pleased at the results, she asks for Elruwen's criticism... ***

Elruwen, how's this piece? Is it thick enough or do I need to edit? *laughs*

AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 01:27
**Natika takes in a deep breath as she can feel Kyran cutting into himself. it feels odly releaving. but she keeps her mind on the branch in her hand. After Lady Elerrina has bandaged Kyran up Natika feels her arm healing also. making working on her branch a bit easier**

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 02:25
**To Elerinna**

"You made a very good job of that piece of willow now all it needs is to be glued together."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 02:50
*** Elerrina glances up and smiles... ***

I thought I'd ask before I glued...

*** She rises and gets some of the sticky glue, then carefully applies it to the willow layer, arranging the yew halves on either side, finally she tightly knots the twine around the combined wood pieces and sets it aside... ***
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2002 10:55
"oh I'm sorry everyone I'd forgoten about that, I could use some of your tools but their all so plain and you dont have any that do it so quickly and efortlessly"
*Kyran finishes striping his pice of wood*
"here I'll donate it to your tool colection"
*he hands the knife to Elruwen and she puts it in her tool colection*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 05:30
"Thank you Kyran, now you can do the same as Elerinna."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 05:23
**After planing a large strip of a purple coloured wood so that is was just under half an inch thick, she glues the wood together and binds them tightly with twine. She then turns her hand to carving the tips for the bow out of horn. making an intricate leaf motif.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 06:21
*** Elerrina watches Elruwen expertly carve the ends that will hold the bow string, and add a decorative leaf design... then she begins doing her own... ***

Can I do my own design? I'd like to do a floral design, if that's okay... Is this hart horn? It's very fine grained...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 11:49
**To Elerinna**
"Yes it will be your bow so carve the horn as you wish, and yes the horn is from a hart, not very easy to come by but very nice to work with and you can create much more intricate designs than any other type of horn."
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 11:51
*Kyran began gluing his bow and then he picked up his bag and looked through it a few minutes later he pulled out 2 golden leaves and put them coming away from the handle and up and down the bow the then started painting the bow and doing leaves and things on the ends*
"Like it?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 12:41
**To Kyran**
"It looks very nice but don't forget that runes still have to be engraved into the wood." she laughs
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 12:59
"Yea I'm gonna leave some space on here"
*He points to teh side of the wood*
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 03:39
*** Elerrina glances up from her carving... ***

What will the runes say, Elruwen? Are they Dwarvish runes or ancient Elvish?

Kyran, that is so beautiful... the gold makes a perfect accent to the horn. Where did you get the gold leaves? If you don't mind, I may do something similar on mine...

*** She looks around to see how Natika is doing on her bow... ***

'Tika, that looks nice, too. You do good work... is that going to be a hart hoofprint design?
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 06:49
"yes offcorse Elerrina here I have one left, I got them from a salesman in mount erebor"
*He hands her a gold leaf*
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email