Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: August 30, 2002 11:29
**As the four initiates read the pages of the ancient tome the magic sets to work making their heads feel light and airy and their vision becomes sharper and clearer.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 08:28
*** Elerrina comes into the Elvish Armoury looking for Elruwen... ***

Elruwen, I saw the notice posted outside recruiting for new members for The Archers of the Silver Moon. I am very interested in the Arcane Arts and improving my fighting abilities, as you know. It looks like you've already started, but may I join your class?

*** She nods hello to Natika, who is a friend, and smiles at Gil en Aear (stargazer), Auralonde and Amiluad (elvenqueen) who are fairly new to the area and only slightly known to her. Then she looks back to Elruwen for an answer... ***
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2002 06:04
**Natika nods a hello back and smiles**

Lady Elerrina glad you have decided to join. your a bit late though.

**Natika cheekily grins at Lady Elerrina and smiles**
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 03:08
"Certainly, please join our ranks. As i have warned the others i will now warn you. Once you have chosen to walk this path there is no turning back. At present they are gleaning all the information they can from last remaining set of tomes they are starting with the essentials, how to use the Arcane notation and how to read it. Once that is done you will be taught the Read Magic spell. It is a spell that is absolutly vital, your fellow initiates will explain to you why."

**Yet another bolt of blue light shoots from Elruwen's palm and a stool appears infront of Elerrina. Elruwen then continues rummaging through her huge stack of Arcane scrolls.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 10:29
Thank you, Elruwen... I understand. Somehow, though, I know I'm meant to do this. And I follow my intuition on these things. I'll get caught up quickly. Nitika can help me...

*** Elerrina scoots the stool over by Nitika and grins back at her... ***

Okay, Nat... c'mon... we can help each other. This is going to be soooo fun!! I love to learn new things... :love: :love:
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2002 09:55
Yes it will be

**Natika looks at Elerrina then back to the books**

come on we must read. and I cannot wait to learn all of there ways.

Natika
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2002 05:27
*Amiluad looks up from her reading and realizes that she has been so absorbed in it that she did not see Elerrina enter*

Oh my! How rude of me! Suilad Elerrina! I am pleased to meet you and glad you have joined us!
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 03, 2002 04:40
Suilad, Amiluad... thank you. I'm happy to be here.

*** She smiles then turns back to the book Natika holds... ***
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2002 09:56
**Elruwen continues rifling through her scrolls trying to find the less powerful ones for her initiates to use**

"Fireball, nope to powerfull, sleep...no doesn't work against elves...fear...thats a good one....prysmatic colour spray....no far to powerful....pyrotechnics.....definately not! Can't risk blowing up the armoury Gildor will kill me...."
Elruwen mutters to herself as she reads through her scrolls
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2002 08:19
**Natika looks up to Elruwen**

Having a little bit of trouble there???

**She smiles then gets back to her reading**

Natika
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2002 10:01
"I'm fine thank you."

Elruwen replies almost half buried under the scrolls

"I only seem to have scrolls which will be to powerful for you to practice on, i think i might have to scribe some new ones" she says almost laughing
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2002 10:31
"Right you four i can see this is going to take time, i am going to cast a spell on the four of you so that you will not have to read the tomes you will mearly have to touch them to absorb the knowledge form within their covers."

**mutters something and a silver mist envelopes the four initiates.**

"Place your hands on the tomes quickly before the spell wears out. There is a slight side affect to the spell you will suffer a mild headace afterwards."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 06, 2002 02:36
*** Elerrina quickly places her hands on the books... ***

Hey... I can feel it uploading!! Woo-oo, dizzy...

*** she sways a little but Natika steadies her, then puts her own hands on the big books... ***

Oh, you're right, Elruwen... I do have a headache... *mumbles a few words*... hey, it's gone! But I can hear the words in my head of the spell I just said! IT WORKED!!
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2002 04:56
**laughs at Lady Elerrina's eagerness. then quickly does the same thing. only slightly losing her balance but only for a second of so**
Uriviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2002 03:30
**An elf walks up behind them***She is wearing a cloak with her hood up so that you cant see her face*** "I would like to help you."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 07, 2002 10:22
"You may join our ranks if you wish but once you have turned down this path you can never turn back."
**Elruwen says to the newcomer**

**turns to her initiates**

"As for you initiates please sit down before you hurt yourselves, well strictly speaking you are now adepts. Once your headaches have subsided you can attempt to decode my scrolls and cast the spells written on them but first i will give you some Ioun Stones so that if you read the spell wrong and it back fires it will not hurt you."

**Goes into her workshop and soon returns carrying five Ioun Stones of an identical colour and size to hers. Hands them to the five and then shows them how to activate them**

"Clasp the stone to your chest and when it starts to glow release it and it will then orbit around your head."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 07, 2002 11:37
*** Elerrina takes the stone and does as instructed. The stone begins to glow and she releases it... the stone floats to a position behind her head then begins to slowly circle her head, finally settling into a faster orbit just out of her sight...***

Thank you, Elruwen... this should help if I goof up. Oh, good, I can't see it, it would be a distraction.

*** After a few minutes El looks at a scroll and says the words under her breath as she decodes them... a small bird appears on the counter near her, she whispers a message and the bird flies out through the open window... ***

Hey, that could be handy. I could talk to the birds before, but I couldn't actually make one appear as if by... well, magic!

I'll try another...

*** she looks at another encoded spell and reads under her breath... and her clothing turns from oranges and tans to midnight blues and charcoal grey. She laughs delightedly... ***

So far, so good... now to turn them back...
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2002 02:01
**Natika looks to Lady Elerrina and watches in amazment and amusement at what Elerrina is doing. **

She's always been a quick learner

**Soon Natika follows and blinks in shock at what she has done**

WOW kewl

**very very shortly after everyone else trys there own little thing and it works**

Natika
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2002 06:51
*Amiluad watches as the others practice and smiles at them. She finds a spell to decode and whispers the words. Suddenly, all of the trees outside of the shop move to encircle it. They make such a tight circle that it is impossible for anyone to get in or out.*

Hmm... I don't think I should have done that one. But I can see how it might be helpful in battle.

*Glances guiltily at Elruwen*

Is there a spell to undo this one?
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 11:07
**Elruwen casually waves her arm muttering the words of a spell and the trees return to their original positions.**

"Yes there is, not matter what the spell is there is always an opposite to it."

"And as a warning do not cast any of the spells written in red, they are destructive and the ones written in cyan blue are to powerful for you to use yet, stick to the ones cribed in black and brown."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 04:35
*** Elerrina, who was halfway through a cyan blue one, abruptly halts her speech... ***

Uhhh... Elruwen... can I just stop in the middle of a blue one and have it go away? I didn't know we weren't supposed to use those and I've got this one for changing a dog into a lion... and there's a dog across the street I was using... Ooooops? What should I do?
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 07:21
**Natika giggles at Elerrina's antics. but then sees the slightly worried expression on Elruwen's face**

Err how bad exactly is that???

Natika
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 07:39
*** Elerrina blushes a little, but laughs...***

How bad could it be, she already said every spell has an opposing spell... and I didn't even finish saying it.

What have YOU been working on, Natika?* trying to change subject*
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 10:05
**The spell backfires on Elerrina, she starts to polymorph into a lion but it only gets as fire as giving her a set of whiskers, and a tail, it is exceedingly painful for her but quickly the Ioun Stones sets to work combating the effect of the spell.**
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 08, 2002 10:09
"Yes every spell has one that can couteract it but they are not always the same type some Arcane spells can only be counteracted by Druidic Divine spells sometimes only the greatest of magic users can couteract the effects of a simple spell such as cause fear. "
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2002 05:33
(((Okay guys just so we stick to the middle earth kinda world i will post up a list of spells which i will let you use and the difficulty rating of each. For a start there will be no polymorphing spells because as far as i am aware only the Valar and their servants had that ability.They will be divided in to ten levels of experience along with the Arcane Archer supernatural and spell like abilities because in middle earth there was not much magic used unlike the D&D world which is the environment i am used to DMing in. thanks for reading this)))
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 09, 2002 08:20
Elruwen... I didn't know !!! I must have said a wrong word somewhere... !!!

*** Elerrina switches her tail once (knocking over a potted plant), before it disappears, along with the whiskers...***

Ouch!! That hurt, good thing I'm wearing a skirt... *laughs* not pants! Hmmm... thank you, Elruwen; I'll try to not get carried away with my enthusiasm for learning... :blush:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2002 05:28
"As i said the ones written in Cyan blue ink are far too powerful for adepts like yourselves to be casting. Thank Eru for Ioun Stones." Elruwen giggles

[Edited on 10/9/2002 by Elruwen]
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2002 07:59
**Natika trys not to laugh but can't help it**

Lady Elerrina you could be the death of me. I have never laughed so hard in all my life

**She TRY'S to say whilst TRYING to breath properly**

Natika
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 10, 2002 08:55
*** Elerrina looks at her friend Natika... ***

Hmpppfff!! Just wait until YOU make a little boo-boo... but you know? That tail felt pretty good once it grew out!! It was fun... kinda...

*** she glances over to the broken pot, then at Elruwen... and smiles... ***

I guess I'll have to clean that up after class... *long blink* unless I can find a spell to do it for me... *another long blink at Natika* Wanta help???
AragornSoSpunky
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2002 10:01
of course I will help. though I don't think in'll be making a mistake anytime soon,

**Elerrina raises her eyebrow with a questioning glance**

No I did not mean it like that. I am just not as fast to rush into things.

**Lady Elerrina looks a bit offended**

I WILL make a mistake. Trust me i'm FAR from perfect.

"Yes Far from perfect, i think I can agree with that" She says with a smirk and a knowing look

O well be all evil about it. yeesh.

**Natika smirks back then helps with the bowl**

Natika

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 11, 2002 05:59
((Okay guys i have divided things up for the different experience levels along with a few spells and special abilities.

level 1 spells = Ray of Frost, Daze, Dancing lights, light, read magic.

level 2 spells= Endure elements, hold portal, protection from evil, shield, identify, colour spray, cause fear, burning hands, spider climb.

level 3 spells = resist elements, acid arrow, web, see invisibility, invisibilty blur, mirror image, scare, levitate

level 4 spells = dispel magic, flame arrow, fireball, wall of wind, vampiric touch, fly, gaseous form, water breathing.

level 5 spells = arcane eye, detect scrying, scrying, wall of fire/ice, bestow/remove curse, rainbow pattern, fear.

level 6 spells = cloudkill, prying eyes, dream, telekeniesis.

level 7 spells = antimagic field, legend lore, circle of death, eyebite, chain lightning

level 8 spells = greater scrying, delayed blast fireball, prysmatic spray, shadow walk.

level 9 spells = sunburst, fireball swarm,

level 10 spells = energy drain, astral projection, wish, stop time.

Dispell magic works on 3 levels. lesser, normal and greater, lesser =lvl 2 normal = lvl 5 greater = lvl 7

right so that is the spells now for the special abilities that you guys will gain

level 1 = enchant arrow + scribe scroll

level 2 = imbue arrow

level 3 = brew potion

level 4 = seeker arrow

level 5 = slaying arrow + craft wonderous item e.g. Ioun Stones

level 6 = phase arrow + greater slaying arrow

level 7 = craft wand + staff

level 8 = hail of arrows

level 9 = slippery mind (no one can read your mind)

level 10 = arrow of death

Okay guys, and please remember don't cast to many spells in one day lol.))

[Edited on 30/4/2003 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 11, 2002 09:15
Oh, thanks, Elruwen...

I'll start reading on the Level One spells then...

Do we have to do each one of them? Or just read through the spell so we are familiar with it?

*** Ever precocious... Elerrina wants to learn them all now!! :blush: :blush:

[Edited on 9/12/2002 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2002 10:30
((I think you misunderstand me Lady El, it takes years to obain different levels it took Elruwen an age to reach the tenth level and she is half Maia so it will take you guys longer, the spells and abilities come with experience so you will be at 1st level for some years yet (RPG time) otherwise the senario that took me weeks to write goes caput.))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2002 10:32
"I don't think you are quite ready for the more powerful spells quite yet." Elruwen laughs
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email