Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2526272829Last >>
Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: March 07, 2004 10:59
"But what? Have you got yourself into a spot of bother?" Celebros asked

**Elruwen and Celebros walked over to see if she was alright.**

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 07:12
There was a long silence with some leaves swishing and some twigs breaking as Elerrina climbed up higher... then a gasp...

"Oh, my... that's what I thought I saw... oh, thank Eru it's not any worse!" They could hear Ele sort of talking to herself distractedly as she climbed up some more. "Hey, there... I'm afraid you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, my friend..." There was a long quiet pause as Elerrina tried to decide on a course of action, then a squawk... and more rustling of leaves and branches.

Finally, Elerrina called down to them, "Ah, Elruwen, could you come help me? My arrow hit a young eagle and I don't think he'll be able to fly for a few days. I got the arrow out, but it's gotta be pretty sore. I don't know if there's anything else wrong with it, or why it was here with no parents. It certainly looks big enough to have fledged..."

"An eagle?" Celebros asked in surprise and looked at his mother.

[Edited on 10/3/2004 by eldir]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 11:03
"Are you sure its an eagle Elerrina? Its very odd for one to be here and so far away from their traditional homes."

**Elruwen started to climb up into the tree to help Elerrina and Celebros remained on the ground looking up and waiting.**

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 01:09
"Well, I think so... you can tell better than I, but I don't know of any other birds that look like this or are this, erm... huge!"

After pulling the arrow free... it was not embedded as deeply as she'd thought... the big bird continued to look at her somewhat sadly with its intelligent-looking gold/brown eyes. It didn't look all that upset, so she reached out carefully and stroked its lower neck and shoulder... partly in comfort, partly to see if the wound was still bleeding. Though the bird was still small, the eagle's beak could have easily taken off her arm with one bite. It fidgited back and forth on the branch as it heard Elruwen coming through the branches below, but other than one querilous cry, it settled back down to looking sadly at Elerrina.

"What's wrong, my big friend?" Elerrina spoke softly, moving a little closer, still cautious, but concerned. Her arrow hadn't caused much damage at all, but perhaps the big bird had some other injury. It scarcely had room to open its wings within the tree's canopy... Ele couldn't imagine how it could fly away without at least pushing its way up or even climbing down and taking off from the ground. Its body was as tall as her and larger in girth by far, built with light and hollow bones like other birds, no doubt. Perhaps it had been hiding from something? What could prey on even a baby eagle, like this one? Orcs? Goblins? Trolls? She had no idea...

Left on the ground, Celebros had decided to take a look around the area, crisscrossing back and forth in ever wider arcs, moving away from the direction of the village. Behind the Elvish Armoury, the country got quite rough. He climbed through the rocky ravines and very heavy growth of brush and tall trees that began to grow on the far side of the hill. Ele could hear a lot of crashing about, and an occasional exclamation of pain as he worked his way up, down and through looking for... what? He didn't know... a wounded parent or some other clue...

Elerrina had moved closer to the youngster, ruffling its head feathers the way Hwest liked it done. The bird relaxed, nearly closing its eyes until Elruwen popped up through the leaves.
Ninquelas_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 07:00
*rides into the room on her steed and very close friend, Eowyar, dismounts, and looks around* Mae govannen, mellonaminea!
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 01:39
((OOC: Ninquelas_Greenleaf you do realise that this thread is based around the training of the band of archers and spellcasters known as the Archers of the Silver Moon as opposed to the shop thread Elvish Armoury. YOu post confused me a little as it can out of the blue and doesn't really fit in with the flow of the thread.))

**Naur looked up at the new comer and growled...horses were not permitted inside the Armoury at all. Most animals weren't for fear of damaging the rare and wonderful goods housed in the place. Needless to say that the black wolf didn't like strangers as such.**

**meanwhile back at the tree**

"Do you think we will be able to lift the poor thing down?" Elruwen asked her

**Celebros has found something a few eagle primary feathers. He didn't know the signifcance of them so he picked them up anyway and headed back towards the tree.**

"I found a few flight feathers" he called up to Elruwen and Elerrina.

[Edited on 14/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 08:42
Elerrina stopped, just as she was about to answer Elruwen. Their eyes met, both startled. "Uh-ohhh... that is not good news, is it 'Ruwen?"

"What happened to your parents, 'little one'?" Elerrina questioned the youngster, still stroking him, as Elruwen climbed up and took a look at him (or her?). "'Ruwen, I think we can get him down if we help him, the branches are close together, but that might help him work his way down. If that doesn't work, maybe we can wrap our cloaks around him and lift him down, with a lot of help from Celebros' strength."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 01:30
"Doesn't seem to be." Elruwen replied "And the cloak option seems to be the one that would cause least distress providing we cover its eyes....Celebros pass up your cloak, we are going to hoist the young fellow down and we need your strength."

"Certainly mother he replied, throwing up his cloak

**Naur approached the girl (is the name Eowyar and her horse cautiously, fur ruffed and his ears flat against his head. He sniffed at her horse's hooves.**

~~Elruwen we have a visitor and her horse...in the Armoury, I can't keep this bluff going for much longer.~~ The messaged the archers urgently
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 02:41
"In the Armoury? A horse and rider?" Elerrina looked at Elruwen distractedly. "Maybe you'd better go back... Celebros and I can get this guy down safely, I think. Or we'll be ready here in just a couple minutes, if you can wait... maybe Naur should give the horse a nip or two?"

While she was talking, Elerrina was placing the cloak around the eagle's breast and tying the ends tightly together over his back. She took her own jacket off and put it over the youngster's head, tying the sleeves somewhat loosely. She took some Elven rope from her little waist pouch and tied one end to the cloak then tossed the other end over a higher, sturdy-looking branch. That end she passed down to Celebros.

"Celebros, would you feed the rope back to us as we are able to guide him down? You'll have most of his weight, we'll just be working him through the mesh of branches..." She started by lifting the bird a little higher, off the branch, still talking to him reassuringly and wishing she could tuck his feet into the cloak... but his talons would have shredded it, so she just let his feet hang in the tight 'fists' that the youngster made of them.

"All right, Ele... I've got his weight... I'll start letting it out now..." Celebros called up to them.

They gently worked the young eagle down through the crisscrossed branches until it was free, then Celebros could finally see the bird for himself. "Oh, he is beautiful, Ele!! I hope his parents weren't killed... but finding those flight feathers isn't very reassuring, even if we didn't find any bodies." He helped Elerrina untie the cloak first, and the youngster allowed them to unwrap his head as she spoke soothingly to him.

"If we can't find his parents... or they can't find him... I'll adopt him..." Elerrina looked up at Celebros as she stroked the eagles feathers, "but maybe I have a better idea. Have you ever thought of having an eagle as a companion, Celebros? Your mother and Hwest could help you to finish raising him. Teach him to hunt and protect himself... and you."

She smiled and ruffled his feathers... "What is your name, little one? Hmmm? What shall we call you?"

Elruwen made ready to go back, messaging Naur to try to nudge the visitors back outside.... she'd be down in a few minutes.

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 11:01
"I will do Elerrina. Good luck getting the little fellow down."

**Elruwen climbed out of the tree and set off at a run back towards the armoury. Leaving her bow and quiver behind.**

"I don't know about that Ele... I have Naur at the moment and I recon he would be somewhat disgruntled by the idea, but then again. I also don't know how much longer Naur will be with us. He's getting old and its starting to show."

~~Elruwen please hurry, I think the horse is getting a little uneasy now. I don't want it to start trampling on the stock.~~ Naur messaged Elruwen

~~Don't worry Naur I'm almost there.~~ She messaged him in reply

**Elruwen came in via the front door deliberately and called Naur off, telling him it was alright, that they would not harm him or the goods.**

"Good Afternoon Miss...I ask that you leave the horse outside please. There is a rail you can use to tie its reigns to just a little way away from the front door. The armoury is too small to accomodate you both." she smiled

**Naur wandered back off to 'his' corner of the shop floor.**

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 10:25
Elerrina stood by the young bird, who was nearly as tall as she. "Then I will adopt him... yes, you'll be my dear friend, won't you? And when you are big enough I will go flying with you!" She stroked the finely feathered head and the young eagle turned and nibbled gently on her hair, as if to return her affection. "I will name you Ormenel (above the sky) for I know you will fly high!"

She turned back to Celebros. "Well, we may have a slow trip back to the Armoury. I'll walk with him, but you can go back if you need to hurry. Who knows, he may even decide to fly off on his own... I can't make him stay if he doesn't want to. I'll try mind-talk with him, perhaps he will be able to understand."

Elerrina murmurred to Ormenel, sending him simple mental pictures of him following her down the hill. And that she would take care of him... as a parent would... if his parents didn't come back. He gazed into her eyes and looked very sad, but he did not send any pictures back to her, just a feeling of agreement or compliance.

"Come, my friends," she said to Celebros and Ormenel, "let's go back to the Armoury. Hopefully, Hwest won't get upset at having a visitor..."

She and Celebros started walking slowly over the crest of the hill and down toward the Armoury. Ormenel followed using a slightly awkward hop, giving a little querrilous call if she got very far ahead, and they would wait for him to catch up.

Suddenly, he leapt into the air, spreading his wings, only to hit the ground hard a few yards away... when he turned he proudly displayed a rabbit which had chosen the worst time to exit its burrow. It was just a snack, but he ate it gladly.

Elerrina had turned at the scuffle of wings, then she laughed. "Poor bunny... but at least Ormenel knows how to hunt for himself a bit!"

[Edited on 19/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 12:51
"That is good and I'm sure Hwest won't mind sharing his roof. It might just bring out his paternal instincts." he laughed

**meanwhile Elruwen waited for a reply from the newcomer**

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 02:45
(( OOC- I'm afraid she's switched to a different thread... APK. Something about being a vampire Elf looking for a victim... she's being very disruptive, though, and I do wish she'd either RP seriously with the story, or not post. ))

"I know Hwest is still a pretty young eagle, but do you know his history, Celebros? I don't think your mother ever really told us about how she found him or what his training has been." She smiled, "I imagine there was 'training ' going on in both directions..."

After finishing his snack of rabbit, Ormenel came back to Elerrina... hopping awkwardly, in a hurry to catch up with her. He made a small sound that almost sounded like her name, "Ele? Ele? Ele?" She slowed her steps until he caught up, and he reached over and caught the edge of her cloak in his beak and held it as they walked on. She just laughed. "Well, come on..."

Ninquelas_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2004 06:32
Ninquelas decided it was best to leave Eowyar outside where it would be safe. She then roamed around in the shadows of the trees, and ran in a darker shadow at ever noise she heard.

[Edited on 22/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 22, 2004 11:25
((OOC: Ninquelas your post didn't make sense to me. The horse is outside I figured that much. This is set in the Shire so there is no trees. It is mid afternoon, so no dark shadows and its the end of spring, so there are even less shadows and also one moment you are in the armoury the next walking through the shadows of non existant trees. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: I thought you said you had read the thread...Anyway if you are going to post please try and intergrate your posts into the current storyline.))

"I'm afraid I don't know much about his history. You probably know more than I do." Celebros replied "As for the 'training' as you put it, you could be right, but then again you might not. Who knows? I sure as heck don't."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 08:49
Elerrina had paused a little, turning to make sure Ormenel was doing all right. He paused when she did and looked over at her as if waiting.

"Well, it looks like he's adopted me, too." She smiled at the tall young bird, then turned back to Celebros. "I'll have to ask her, your mother, I mean... it must be a very interesting story. They do seem to have a very strong partnership. I like that with my animal partners, like Elencara. She and I know each other very well, and love each other, too." She took Celebros' hand and held it as they walked. "I like that with my Elf or Man friends, too, like you and your mother. You are both very important to me... in slightly differnt ways, of course!" She grinned up at him.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 23, 2004 11:17
"Yes I'm sure it is, but make sure you ask here while I'm there. I want to know the story as well. "

**he smiled down at her and kissed her cheek**

"I wonder how mother's coping with the customer and I wonder if she'll notice if we slip away to my attic."

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 12:44
((*giggles* Ever tried reading through such a huge thread in one day? Believe me, headaches from absorbing info from books pale in comparison. I already asked 'Ruwen if I could join...she said you're always looking for new members. Oddly enough, this thread reminds me a lot of the Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce. Anyhoo...here goes!))

Vana shoved her hood away from her face and pushed loose strands of golden hair behind her ears impatiently. At last, she had reached the Shire. It had been some time since she was last here, and she had missed it. She usually came here for peace and quiet...but peace did not appear to be on the menu for today, for Vana was seeking out the Archers of the Silver Moon.

Shading her eyes with her long hand, the elf woman searched the area around her, hoping she was close to her destination. In the distance, she could see a small building. Even from here, she could feel the power radiating from it, and she shivered, suddenly chilled, though the day was warm.

Shifting the quiver on her back to a better position, the elf headed for the building, certain that was her goal.

It was a matter of only a few moments before she was there, and she knocked politely at the half-open door.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 01:11
They had come in via the back door, tiptoeing past Elruwen's workroom, when Elerrina and Celebros heard the knock at the door just as they were about ready to go up the stairs to his attic room. He had just pulled down the retractable stairs...

"Oh, love... I had better see who that is, it may be Mother's customer..." He turned and went out into the main showroom of the Armoury, and was surprised to see a strange she-Elf standing in the open doorway. "Hello," he said to her, "Welcome... you wouldn't happen to be my mother's customer, would you? She was trying to get an order finished up for someone, and I'm afraid she wouldn't hear you out in her workshop. The forge makes a lot of noise... shall I go tell her you're here?" He asked with a polite smile. He glanced at Elerrina, waiting in the hallway... his mind was still thinking about spending a little 'private time' with her...

Elerrina saw the newcomer and walked in to join them. "Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo..." she greeted the stranger formally and smiled. "Welcome to the Elvish Armoury... may we help you?" she asked.

((Have you seen the size of the Hanging Horseman? LOL!! Just read the last 10 pages or so... ))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 02:27
"Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo." Vana replied in kind, bowing slightly from the waist. "Actually, I came because I had heard the Archers of the Silver Moon train here, and I desire to join them." Her keen eyes swept the elf woman before her. "Forgive my manners," she said, suddenly realizing she hadn't introduced herself. "I am Vanalosswen from Mirkwood, a ranger/wanderer."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 02:48
"Suilad Vanalosswen I'm Celebros and this is Elerrina..Now why does your name sound familiar..." a look of deep thought crossed his face "I know I've heard your name before I just can't think where."

~~Mother we have a potential initiate here wishing to speak with you~~ Celebros messaged her

**the ringing noise of metal on metal stopped and Elruwen stepped out of the workshop hammer in one hand and half finished sword blade in the other**

"So you must be the newcomer Celebros was going on about." She said to Vana smiling.

**She tucked the hammer into her belt and held her hand out to Vana**

"Welcome to the Elvish Armoury and the training 'grounds' of the Archers of the Silver Moon. I'm Elruwen and I'm sure these two have already introduced themselves, the black fur pile over there is Naur the wolf and the giant eagle on the roof is Hwest. Well I think he's still on the roof." she grinned
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2004 11:48
"A pleasure to meet all of you. I'm Vanalosswen, but please call me Vana," Vana said with a real smile as she took Elruwen's hand and shook it firmly. "I have been here once before. I bought my sword here," indicating the blade at her side with her free hand. It seemed rather simple on the outside, a plain sheath with few runes on it, and a normal hilt. On the hilt, however, was a spiral of mithril with a blue stone on the pommel and runes traced about the handle.

"But...how did Celebros tell you?" she asked, a puzzled frown creasing between her eyebrows. "I didn't hear him call you, and you wouldn't have heard over the forge and hammer noise anyway."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: March 27, 2004 04:14
"Ah, Vana... that is one of the things this fine leader can teach you to do, as she taught us!" Elerrina slipped in quickly. "I was just about to go put some water on for tea. Would you join us, please? I never know what kind of tea will 'come to me' as I mix it, but I can promise it will be good! And cookies, too, if you wish to have a snack with us. If you all will pardon me, I'll go do that now..."

With a smile to the she-Elf and her friends, she turned and went toward the kitchen. "Oh, Elruwen, my young eagle friend is outside, as well. I'll go take care of him, too," she called back to 'Ruwen.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2004 05:38
"I would love to join you," Vana said with a real smile, wondering about what Elerrina had said about the tea. She didn't understand it, so she tucked it away for later.

Unstrapping her quiver and sword belt, Vana set both just inside the door and hung her cloak on a hook. Trying to smooth her tangled hair, Vana looked at Elruwen a bit ruefully, knowing she looked rumpled.

((In case anyone's wondering, this is very early in Vana's adventures. She knows she has magic, but she has only the tiniest grasp on how to use it, and she's scared of losing control.))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 05:11
((OOC: okay so is this pre Land of Lossoth???....ouch that messes up the time line oh well ))

"Don't worry about what you look like, you are only going to end up looking scuffier once you start learning to cast spells and the like or dodging stray rays of frost and fireballs."

**Elruwen wandered into her workshop, but the half finished blade on her anvil and the hammer on the workbench. She left her apron in there as well before returning to the shop floor.**

"Now before you start on this path I must warn you. Once you have chosen to walk it there is no turning back. Are you sure this is the path you want to walk."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 02:06
((Yeah, sorry about that. I just think it'd be more interesting if Vana's just getting a grip on her powers))

Vana took Elruwen at her word and tossed her head, letting her scruffy hair fall down her back any way it chose. Elruwen vanished momentarily, then returned to where Vana still stood, looking about with interest.

"Now before you start on this path I must warn you. Once you have chosen to walk it there is no turning back. Are you sure this is the path you want to walk."

Vana took a deep breath and met Elruwen's eyes as she said, "Yes, this is the path I choose. A weapon is of no use if I cannot use it, and not all opponents I face can be turned with bow or sword. Please, teach me." Yes, in hindsight, it might have been an overly diplomatic speech, but Vana meant it with everything in her. She was scared, but she knew she had to master her fear.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2004 11:09
~~Elerrina you might want to put on a pot of your headache curing tea. Vanalosswen has decided this is the path she wants to take.~~ Elruwen messaged her

**Celebros retreated to the workshop looking a little miffed off. He shed his shirt and then started forging a new blade.**

"Well there are two important phases to go through when you start along this path. One is to form the telepathic and empathic bonds with the rest of us and the second is to absorb the contents of numerous books into your memory. The latter of the two is known to cause headaches. Which would you like to do first Vana." Elruwen asked
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 02:59
Vana considered that for a moment. On the one hand, forming a bond with anyone, a bond that transmitted not only messages and ideas, but feelings, frankly didn't set well with her. But on the other...headaches weren't fun to try and focus with. "The first," she answered quietly, looking at the wall behind Elruwen's shoulder.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 02, 2004 02:23
Elerrina heard Elruwen's message and put another teapot out, the second would be with some willow bark and peppermint... just the thing to dull the headache from all the spells.

~~ Oh, wonderful! Another sister... I'll have the tea ready soon, 'Ruwen. And Celebros, do you want yours in the workshop, love?~~ She sent to both of them.

She started to put a little of this and a little of that into the big teapot, letting her intuition tell her what was needed by the rest of the group: a scoop of chamomille flowers, lemon peel, hybiscus, peppermint, a few rosemary leaves, yarrow flowers, a few juniper berries and some cranberries. That's an interesting mix, she thought to herself, the chamomille, lemon and peppermint would dominate, the other flavors would be more subtle.

She stepped out the back door and got some willow twigs from the young trees growing there, then stripped the bark and shredded it into the second, smaller, teapot, then she added some perppermint and a bit of chamomille, lacing the mixture with honey. Taking some cookies from the package, she put them on a plate and tucked them into the oven to warm, while sh poured the near boiling water into the two pots. After collecting everything onto a big tray, she took it all back out to the showroom, the smell of fresh, warm cookies preceeding her.

~~ I can smell those from in here, Ele,~~ Celebros messaged her, ~~ I'll be out as soon as I can. Save me some! ~~ The sounds of metal clanging on metal went on for another minute or two, then the sound of metal being quenched...

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 09:47
"Watch out, Ray of Frost on the loose!!!" Celebros yelled

**An icy blue ray shot out of the workshop and out of the opposite window leaving an ice rimmed hole in the canvas covering. Elruwen had long since given up on replacing the glass in that window.**

**Naur smelt the cookies and pulled himself to his feet, wandering over to the shop counter.**

"Celebros, what have I told you about letting of spells in the workshop?" she said with a tone of mock anger

"You didn't care, just as long as I didn't burn the place down or break another window" he laughed "And I didn't hear a single window shatter!"

**Elruwen turned back to Vana**

"You will have to excuse the stray spells and such, its quite a current occurence. Well the forming of the bonds is no easy matter. Elerrina and I will take it in turn to forge the bond with you as we are the hub of the circle, the Silmaril barers(sp?). What it entails is you looking deep into my eyes, and through them into my soul. Once you have found it tell me what you see. You will know when the bond has formed because I will cut my finger and the others here, you as well, will share that pain." Elruwen said

[Edited on 4/4/2004 by Elruwen]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2004 02:15
Vana ducked instictively as the ray of frost flew by her and out the window. Straightening slowly, she stared out the window it had disappeared out as Elruwen scolded Celebros gently.

Vana forced her attention back to her new teacher as she said,"You will have to excuse the stary spells and such, its quite a current occurence. Well the forming of the bonds is no easy matter. Elerrina and I will take it in turn to forge the bond with you as we are the hub of the circle, the Silmaril bearers. What it entails is you looking deep into my eyes, and through them into my soul. Once you have found it tell me what you see. You will know when the bond has formed because I will cut my finger and the others here, you as well, will share that pain."

Vana was still hung up by the word Elruwen had said a moment ago, 'Silmaril'. Blinking slowly, the blonde elf asked, in a quiet squeak, "You have one of the Silmarils?" Shaking her head slowly, Vana said wryly, "I suppose that makes sense, in an odd way."

Taking a deep breath, Vana looked deeply into Elruwen's eyes, seeing past her physical eyes and carefully delving toward her soul. It took a few moments; Vana was wary and Elruwen's soul was multi-layered, but after a time, Vana was there, looking through Elruwen's eyes as the other elf remembered events in her life.

"You once lived in Valinor," Vana began hesitantly, feeling oddly shy, speaking Elruwen's memories aloud, but she guessed the others in the room had probably seen/read them before.

Pausing to try and understand the images flashing before her eyes, Vana continued, "You once bore both of the Silmarils, the one you still carry and the one Elerrina now bears. You passed the burden onto her when she proved trustworthy."

Hesitating again, Vana saw an extremely handsome man and gasped softly. "Your lover...no, closer...your soul-mate..." she stopped dead in her tracks as she realized what she was seeing. "Oh Valar...he died...and..." Vana looked away. "I-I'm sorry," she whispered.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 02:42
"Don't look away Vana, for that you must start the process again. Don't be afraid to delve deep into my soul, I have nothing yo hide from you or the others here."

**She fixed Vana's eyes with her charateristic glazed and expressionless stare.**

"Now start again, delve deep, tell me again what you see and do not look away this time. You will know when the bond has been forged, you will feel it as will all of us archers." she said in a near monotone

**Celebros emerged from the workshop quietly, mopping away the sweat from his brow.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2004 06:54
Vana closed her eyes briefly, letting out a deep breath before meeting Elruwen's eyes again. The process of finding Elruwen's inner memory was easier this time; Vana remembered the path from the last time.

"Your mother is a Maia," Vana said quietly, her eyes fixed on Elruwen's expressionless eyes. "She serves under the Valie Yavanna, the grower. When your soul-mate died, she refused to send a message to him..." Vana frowned, trying to puzzle through the emotions she was seeing. "Because...because he was a member of the house of Feanor." Vana's brow cleared as she saw more memories. "Ah...your love and you were the ones burdened with the Silmarils, and when he died, he passed the burden to you, which you have kept until recently."

Something seemed to touch Vana's soul, reaching from behind Elruwen's distant eyes into Vana's and Vana felt a loop of some sort fit about Vana's insides. She must have gasped, but she couldn't hear herself.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:24
"Keep going Vana..." she murmered

**The Silmaril embedded in Elruwen's arm began glow, the glow in turn causing her arm upper arm to give off a faint white glow. Elruwen took one of her concealed daggers and cut a deep cut into her finger tip.**

**Celebros yelped taken a little by surprise**

"Oww....mother warn me next time you do that please" Celebros grumbled
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 09:29
"Ow!" Vana yelped in surprise, grabbing her finger and feeling for a wound, not daring to look away yet from Elruwen's eyes. "Where'd *that* come from?" she asked, completely baffled to feel no wound on her finger.
<< First2526272829Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email