Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2728293031Last >>
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: May 12, 2004 06:37
~~ Celebros... Elruwen... I must go back to Mirivane! I don't know what's wrong, but I feel an unrest and fear coming from my horses there. I wish they could tell me more fully, but all I can tell is that they're afraid of 'something'... and they don't want to be left penned when 'it' is around.~~

Elerrina looked at Elruwen and Celebros, who had suddenly poked his head out of the workroom. "I'm sorry," she said aloud to the group, "but something unexpected has come up and I must go." She smiled at Vana, "I'm afraid our lessons with herbs and potions will have to wait. It may be a group of Orcs or a Troll or Ogre may be skirting my property... and none of my Elf or Human friends (except you) can mind-speak with me, so I need to go there and take care of whatever is going on."

She had gathered her cloak and weapons, then gone to the door to whistle for Elencara, whose hoofbeats could be heard as she trotted closer. She kissed Celebros on the mouth lightly, and he put his arms around her, holding her for a long minute.

"Stay safe, my sweet," he whispered to her. "And call me if you need help... mine or Mother's."

"I'll go find out what's going on..." Elerrina said, reluctant to let him go, but knowing she had to go back to her horsefarm; she couldn't let her horses be without their mistress if they needed her. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

She looked at each one around the room. "Namarie..." then she disappeared out the door and the sounds of the white mare trotting, then cantering off, was all that was heard.

((OOC- sorry I've been neglecting CoE recently I have a boyfriend now :love: and I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks to Calif. to see my Mother and other relatives. I do have computer access (though painfully slow), so I'll try to post when I can. I miss you all... ))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2004 06:59
Vana nodded, a bit reluctant to let Elerrina go without backup, but understanding how that kind of responsibility worked.

As Elerrina left, Vana turned back to Naur. ~~That sounds like a most interesting tale, excuse the pun,~~ she messaged with a smile. ~~I might have to ask Hwest about that later. For the time being, any idea where I'm supposed to sleep?~~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 04:32
((OOC: just post when you can))

~~If Hwest will talk to you, he's a stubborn bird at the best of times and why would you want to sleep now? Its only just turned afternoon. You would have to ask Elruwen about that anyway.~~ Naur replied

~~Take care Elerrina, I hope that it all sorts itself out.~~ Elruwen messaged her

~~Come back swiftly my love.~~ Celebros messaged her.
**He sighed and went back into the workshop, looking even more miffed off than previously.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 09:01
~~ Thank you, mellyn nin! ~~ Elerrina messaged her friends.

To Celebros she sent another message: ~~ My love, I don't know what the threat is... the horses can't describe it to me. It is serious, though... so when you can come, please do- you can perhaps look over the situation. I'd appreciate some help. ~~

She felt Celebros' concern for her safety, and wanted any help she could secure without disturbing the others. Perhaps he could sneak out without anyone else's knowledge (except his Mother's... she always knew where he was).
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 03:32
~~I will try my best my love but I cannot promise anything.~~ he messaged her in reply ~~Take care.~~
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 07:16
Going outside, Elerrina whistled for her white mare, Elencara. Within a few moments a far whinny was heard, then the sound of hoofbeats as the mare cantered closer. Elerrina messaged Celebros while she waited, ~~ I will be careful... you be careful, too! ~~ She had misgivings about leaving, but her horses were like her children, and they depended on her to take care of them... no matter what the danger.

Elencara slowed to a trot as she approached, then stopped and stretched her neck toward her mistress, huffing in her scent and nuzzling her hands as Ele reached out to her. "We need to go home, my girl... something is going on, but I'm not sure what... some danger."

Elerrina swung easily and lightly up onto the mare's back, and guiding the mare with her knees and voice, they trotted off toward Mirivanë.

((OOC- I'll be home to Alaska on Monday, so I may be able to start posting again when I/we get settled in... probably Wed. Thank you all for your patience as I've been busy traveling.))
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 10:45
Vana smiled down at the wolf. ~~Silly, I don't want to sleep *now*! I just like knowing where I'm going to be when nightfall comes.~~

Vana watched Elerrina ride away until she was completely out of sight. She had an odd feeling in the pit of her stomach, but she dismissed it rather quickly.

((Elerrina, you live in /Alaska/?? So do I!!))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 03:48
~~Hmmm that really depends. There is the benches and furs in the workshop...you would have to ask Elruwen.~~ Naur replied to Vana

"Recovered from your headache yet Vana?" Elruwen asked
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 09:32
Vana smiled at Elruwen. "I have. That tea of Elerrina's is very fast." She paused a moment and asked, "Where am I to sleep?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 24, 2004 07:26
As Elerrina rode away, she felt her heart get heavier and her mind more burdened with worry. What could possibly be going on that would make her feel that way? Make her horses feel spooky and afraid? As they rode she could feel Elencara begin to be more spooky, too... she almost shied at the sight of a rabbit out nibbling some dinner beside the road.

~ It's just a rabbit, my girl...~ Elerrina messaged the mare. Elencara was usually very steady as long as she was with her mistress. ~ What is the trouble?~ She messaged again.

The white mare slowed to a trot, shaking her head slightly. She sent a picture to her mistress of a small black cloud coming toward the horses, frightening them. She could communicate with her own kind with simple mind pictures and simple human words, too, as well as equine language of whinnies and snorts and neighs, plus body language. She-- Elencara-- didn't know what the black cloud was, but her sisters were very nervous and afraid. One of the herd was missing... she didn't know which mare... and the smell of blood was in the air. ~ Me not know more, mistress~ the white mare finished.

A mare was missing! That meant real trouble! Elerrina thought to herself. She checked her quiver and bow were secure about her, felt her knives in her boots, as always.

On her own, the white mare picked up the pace again. Elerrina was getting nervous now, too...

((OOC- Yes, Vana, I live in Anchorage! ))

[Edited on 5/26/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 06:01
"Don't worry about that Vana, I'll sort out that hurdle when we come to it. In the meantime would you like to have a go at trying to channel energies and start getting to grips with the spell knowledge contained within your subconscious mind?"

~~Mother, I'm a little worried about Elerrina. Once I've finished up this blade can I go and help her find out what's causing the upset at her farm. Even Elerrina's feeling tense, I can sense it, feel it...you know what I mean~~

~~I'll think about it.~~ Elruwen replied
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2004 10:42
((That's so cool, Elerrina! I'm in Fairbanks! grr...not much to say just yet.))

Vana took a deep breath and smiled. "I'd like that. How do we start?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 04:29
As Elerrina and Elencara trotted toward Mirivanë, Elerrina began to feel that eyes were watching her... eyes tracking her...

Her mistress on her back reassured her, but the white mare still was quite spooky about unexpected movements in her peripheral vision. Since horses see only to the sides, not straight ahead, they don't have the depth of vision perspective that Elves and Humans have... and Elencara grew more jittery as she caught glimpses of a dark shape that seemed to be following them. And it appeared to be catching up! The mare lengthened her trot.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 06:29
"Well we wll start with the basics, casting from a scroll." Elruwen smiled
**Elruwen walked over to a set of shelves and rifled though one of the boxes digging out a set of low level scrolls.**
"Right pick one of these."

(please refer to about P9 for spell list)
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:51
Elerrina sensed the dark shape that followed them, too... and her drive to get home to her horses and safety (?) doubled. She tightened her legs around the mare's barrel (ribs), leaned forward a little, and Elencara moved into a speedy canter. A little too fast...

~~ Slow up, my girl... I don't want to tire you out, just in case we do need to run for it... ~~ Elerrina messaged her mare, and the mare slowed a trifle. However, the mare's mind sent her back the impression of fear and hurry... and a mental image of the barn and many stablehands, all of which meant safety to the mare.

Elerrina turned to look behind them, and she thought she glimpsed the blurry form of a shaggy-furred black shape running, keeping to the shadows under the trees, staying just out of her Elven-sharp vision. Was it real? She asked herself... or was it some phantom without enough strength to take shape and solid form in the daylight? That could mean it was more a creature of the night... a night feeder... and it liked to eat horses.

She shuddered a little and let her mare stretch out a little until they had passed under the big hanging sign that said 'Mirivanë Horse Farm'. She messaged all the horses who could 'hear' her to move up toward the barns and to take all the other horses with them. Her horses would not die undefended!

The shadow behind them seemed to have stopped following them, but the feeling of threat did not lessen. Nevertheless, she slowed Elencara to a walk and made her cool off as they got closer. The lookouts, posted since the first horse went missing, had already seen her and were moving down to report and accompany her up to the main barn, bows and arrows ready in their hands, ready... for what, though?
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 04:18
(:wave: Hey! Soz I just dissapeared...*mutters something about evil school finals keeping her away* School's out now so I'm able to come back. )

A knock sounded upon the door just before it opened. Macie stuck her head in, then stepped inside. "Hello, do you remember me Elruwen? I am so sorry that I had to cut our last meeting short and leave so soon." she said, sounding rather flustered and embarrassed over the fact. "I'm sure it seemed rather odd and I hope you weren't annoyed. If you are still willing to teach me, I am still eager to learn all I can!"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 10:57
Vana picked up the scrolls and went through them, reading silently. After a moment, she picked out the one for dancing lights. Unrolling it, she skimmed the lines a few times before saying them in a low monotone.

Nothing happened for a few seconds...and then lights exploded in the small room, dancing like the lights Vana had seen once before in the far North. The natives called them 'Northern Lights', and Vana had loved them. She laughed delightedly as she waved her hand through the lights, watching them dance around her hand. The lights lasted for five minutes, then died away, leaving Vana with shining eyes.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:25
((OOC: welcome back Macie))

"Yes certainly I'll be glad to have you back. I didn't fully iniciate you did I, anyway before I do I will tell you this Macie, once you start to walk this path there is no turning back." she said

**Elruwen turned to watch Vana's dancing lights**

"Very good Vana you have managed to give those lights an ethereal grace that most can't manage most people create little dancing balls of lights like willow-the-wisps you have a mini full fledged aurora. See if you can make the colours stronger and more visible."
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:43
Macie watched the glowing lights play about Vana, with a sense of wonder. It wasn't her first encounter with magic before, but she felt an excited tingle run down her spine. And just to think, she just started Macie thought to herself, How much more could Elruwen do? And I'll be learning how to do this as well!

She broke out of her thoughts as Elruwen addressed her, welcoming her back, but warning her that if she continued down this path, she could never turn back. Nodding her head, she replied, "I understand, but I feel this is a path I must tread, and I do not wish to turn aside now."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:57
"Well there are two things that happen with the initation, the first is forming the empathic and telepathic bonds with the rest of the group the second is absorbing vast amounts of information into your subconscious mind. The latter has been known to cause headaches but don't let that put you off."
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 01:03
"I won't let it!" she laughed. "Between the two, which comes first? I'd almost rather just go ahead and get the headache out of the way."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 09:20
Vana smiled at her teacher's praise and began the spell again. This time, she was able to take the greater part of her attention off the spell itself and focus on color. She brought to mind memories of the bright green of the Rivendell valley in the spring sunshine, the deep purple of a summer plum, ripe and ready to eat, the rich crimson of autumn roses, heavy with smell and beautiful, and the iridescent moon glimmering on an untouched field of snow.

Again, the colors exploded through the room, and, to Vana's delight, they were exactly what she had hoped for. Crimson laced through green and purple was highlighted by the iridescent shimmer. This time, the lights danced through all of the Armoury for a good ten minutes, spiraling around Vana and Elruwen and the other woman that Vana hadn't met yet, before dying away.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 01:53
"The link forging happens first Macie, that has to be done before any information is absorbed into your subconscious, its works better that way. I find that links can't be forged when the initiate has a thumping headache." Elruwen replied "What you have to do for that is to look deep into my eyes, past the surface and deep into my soul and tell me what you can see. You will know when the bond has been formed, we all share thoughts, emotions and pain to different degrees. Not too mind boggling a concept to understand?"

**She turned again to Vana.**

"Very good, now see if you can expand it in size, but don't give yourself a headache over it." she smiled "If you feel its too much or too taxing take a break and come back to that spell later. Try and memorise the words as well eventually you will be able to cast from memory and will not need to rely on scrolls."
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 02:07
"This link forging doesn't sound quite too mind boggling- even though I'm not sure I grasp the technicalities behind it, I think I understand the concept." Macie said with a smile, when Elruwen had finished giving her instructions to the other elf woman. "I'm ready to attempt it whenever you are ready for me."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 02:37
"What I'm going to do is encourage you to look into my eyes, past them and into the depths of my soul and tell me what you see. I have nothing to hide so don't be afraid to speak out to loud. You must not stop this process until I tell you otherwise it will not work."

**Elruwen's eyes glazed over a little and she fixed Macie with the same stare the other initates received when their bonds were forged. He voice became monotone.**

"Look deep and tell me what you see Macie..."
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 04:17
Lifting her gaze to meet Elruwen's stare, Macie looked into her eyes. At first, she saw and felt nothing unusual, but within a few moments, she felt herself being drawn into Elruwen's mind and soul.

Her voice broke the silence, as she began describing what she saw and felt. "I see a great city surrounded by mountains...it's under attack.. There is fire everywhere, yes, and a sense of great fear and despair. There is a tunnel leading under the mountains..*she paused a moment* "I can see you there, going through with many other people."

She felt herself going deeper, and she spoke more slowly, trying to understand what she saw. "I see a face, the face of an elf. He is someone who was very close to you in a special way...Oh! He passed away, I can feel such a deep sorrow and grief!!" *she faltered a moment here, before continuing. "He left you something...something very important... a blinding light. *she swiftly caught her breath* "He left you two Silmarills, one of which you now bear in your arm. The other you entrusted to Elerrina."

As she spoke these last few words, Macie felt a strange sensation run through her, though she did not unlock her gaze.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2004 04:51
Vana slipped quietly out of the Armoury as Maci, as Elruwen identified her, began the process of mind-linking. She remembered (from all of twenty minutes ago) how tricky it was to accurately read someone else's memory with others around.

Once outside, Vana seated herself on a rock and began softly trying the words to the dancing light spell again. Closing her eyes, she pictured the words in front of her and recited them, focusing not so much on color as size. She pictured dancing lights filling the sky around her, flowing through the trees and dancing around the building.

As she finished the spell, she opened her eyes and looked around expectantly. It took a few seconds, but the lights filled the sky just as she had visualized, dancing around their creator and filling the area with color. It was not as spectacular as she'd hoped; unless someone was looking at the sky at that moment, they would not see the lights at all. They faded out after a few moments, and Vana relaxed, enjoying the fresh air and trying to dispell the headache that was forming behind her eyes.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 12:03
"Keep going Macie, tell me what else you see..."

**Elruwen descretly pulled a small dagger from her belt and rested the sharp point on one of her fingers. Just waiting for the right moment.**

**Celebros had finally decided that he was going to leave his mother to the teaching and go to Elerrina's aid. He got a few things together and snuck out the back door taking Naur with him.**

~~Thats a very nice illusion you had going there Vana, you'll be popular with the hobbit children.~~ He messaged her as he passed by, looking for his horse.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 06:25
Elerrina had reached the stables... the biggest main barn... and stopped to look around. The pastures nearby were crowded with horses waiting around the gates, and Ele could feel the fear in some of the smartest ones. They had followed her instructions and come closer, bringing all the other horses with them. The mares with the most mind-speak were sending questioning thoughts her way, wondering what the danger was... they already knew of the missing mare.

~~ Elencara... can you sense more how they're doing? I don't sense panic from them... do you?~~

As Elerrina dismounted, her white mare turned and looked at the others, then shook her head no. She messaged her mistress that the others were nervous, but not afraid since they had not actually seen any threat.

"Lady Elerrina, is that you?" A voice called from the barn. Her farm manager and the barn manager, appeared at the broad, open doorway. "I'm glad you're back ... you've heard of the missing mare, I gather. She was found dead and mostly consumed, just outside one of the pastures. Apparently whatever killed her didn't want to stay too close to where she'd died; it dragged the carcass quite a distance."

The other man sighed. "It sounds like the creature who killed her was big and quite strong, but other than a lot of scuffed marks, we couldn't find any real tracks of whatever killed her." He sighed again. "I know she wasn't one of our best mares, but she was a good horse... and I'm sorry she's dead. I hate to lose any horses to predators!"

Elerrina considered her options, then spoke. "We don't have room for all the horses in the barns, but bring in the best ones first, and put them in the most secure areas. Then move as many of the better grade ones as you can into the other barn and paddocks... the stallions will have to be by themselves away from the mares, of course. I'm afraid, the lesser horses will have to stay outside for now... but I want all the Elves who are on guard duty to go on the High Alert guard plan. Surely someone will see something... I can feel the threat, but I can't 'see' it yet in my mind. The horses haven't seen it either, but they are very nervous. Perhaps some of our Hobbit friends would be willing to come keep them company. Would you have someone check?"

Elerrina couldn't sense the killer of horses, but she did sense another arrival, though he was still out of sight. Celebros is coming! She thought to herself and smiled. "Celebros is on his way, too..." she said to the managers as they started moving off to do as she'd bid.

Giving Elencara to a stable hand to take care of, she patted the mare. ~~ Stay vigilant! ~~ She messaged as she started back toward the house.

((OOC- My apologies for not posting very much... I'm just getting started at moving again, so the next 2 months will be hectic and busy. Things should be settled down the first of August, though, and I'll try to post as much as I can when I can. Thanks for being so patient.))
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 06:17
"You are not a full elf." Macie continued speaking, as she reached into Elruwen mind. "Your mother is a Vala, under Yavanna Kementari. It is from her that you learned much of your Lore..."

As she saw images from Elruwen's past, Macie spoke them aloud, though rather slowly and softly. The Seige of Angband, the Fall of Gondolin, Valinor, each was described as best she could.

(*edits* Just a note- I'm going out of town for the weekend and won't be back until Sunday..and we're talking about then going somewhere till Wednesday. Just thought I'd let you know why I'm gone- I'll post as soon as I get back. )

[Edited on 11/6/2004 by Nyérëven]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 11:58
"A Maia actually but I can understand why are you confused" she replied

**Elruwen slit the tip of her finger open, if the bond was sucessfully forged Macie would share the pain as would the already initiated archers.**

**Celebros made an audible yelp from outside and then galloped off at speed towards Elerrina's home.**

~~What's happening Elerrina? I'm on my way, better to beg mother for forgiveness than to ask in this case.~~ Celebros messaged her
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 06:32
Vana grinned at Celebros as he passed and gave her a compliment. ~Thanks,~ she replied. ~Good luck!~ She had a pretty good idea where he was going, and she approved.

Taking a deep breath, Vana began to recite the spell again, trying to make it bigger and brighter. Just as she was saying the last phrase, a sharp pain bit into her finger. The pain ruined her concentration and the lights exploded with an audible 'boom', flinging her backwards with the force of the messed up spell. 'Ow...' she thought, deciding not to bother getting up yet.
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 01:45
(back )

Macie blushed at her mistake, but didn't have time to say anything before she felt a sudden pain in her finger. "Ouch!!" she cried out in surprise as she wrung her hand. Since Elruwen had warned her not to remove her gaze, Macie resisted the temptation to look down and investigate, so with her other hand, she felt it. "What on Middle Earth was that!" she exclaimed out-loud. "I don't feel anything wrong with it..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 12:52
**The glazed look in Elruwen's eyes faded and she blinked.**

"Welcome to the Archers of the Silver Moon." she smiled "What you felt was the same pain that I felt as I cut my finger tip. Its a test to see if the bonds are fully formed. You will have to do the same with Elerrina when she returns but until then I think you can move on through the initiation and training."

**Elruwen heard the boom and went to a window to see if Vana was alright.**

"Are you alright Vana, I heard a huge bang. What happened?"
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 01:53
"Thank you!" Macie said, her voice unusually filled with emotion. "This means a lot to me- and I will do all I can to prove myself worthy of such an honor."

Looking at Elruwen she smiled, feeling the special bond that was between the Archers.

<< First2728293031Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email