Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2829303132
Author Topic:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: June 14, 2004 04:43
Vana picked herself up off the ground and smiled at Elruwen, managing to wince as she smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine," she called back. "The last part of the initiation caught me off guard; I misspoke or something." Scowling down at the stone she had been sitting on, Vana noticed that a piece had been blown off, and realized she'd been lucky; the stone had caught the brunt of the misspell.

"Is Macie part of the Archers now?" Vana asked, changing the subject as she moved toward the window where Elruwen still stood.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 05:55
Meanwhile, at Mirivanë, Elerrina walked up to the main house to check on things there, and tell the staff she and Celebros would be there for a while. She could feel Celebros' presence drawing nearer, but he was not yet at the main gate. Finished with briefing her staff, she went back down to the stables.

~~ I'm nearly there, Elerrina. Have you found out anything yet? ~~ Celebros messaged her.

~~ No, nothing new,~~ she messaged back, ~~ but the iniation of Macilië, ah-- Macie-- must have gone well, I felt that stab in my finger again. I'm walking back down to the barns now. We're moving all the horses that we can, all back into the barns or close corrals and paddocks.~~

She could hear his horse's hoofbeats slow to a walk as Celebros cooled his horse down for the last distance between the main gate and the barns, and soon he appeared on the handsome chestnut gelding. Celebros dismounted lightly and gave the reins to a stable hand who had come to take the horse. ~~ You might want to walk...~~ he started to message the young man, then remembered he wasn't speaking aloud. He cleared his throat slightly, "Ermm, thanks... you might want to walk him a little more, he's still pretty hot."

Then he turned to Elerrina and took her into his arms.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 08:29
"I'll let you get over the inital excitement and awe before we move on Macie."

~~Why not ask her yourself Vana.~~ Elruwen messaged her ~~Mentally of course. I need to go and find you a Ioun Stone.~~

**Elruwen went off and went to find Vana a Ioun Stone.**

"I wonder how long it will be before mother notices I'm gone." Celebros smiled "Is there anything that I can do to help out my sweet"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 05:26
Elerrina looked around the barns and paddocks and pastures. It was not the structures and grasslands that were in danger, but her precious horses... and the stablehands and barn managers were seeing that the best of the herd were kept safe inside. The less valuable would have to be left outside, but all would be under constant guard until whatever the creature was had gone or was killed. She felt reassured at how quickly the horses were gathered and moved to the barns; her sharp Elf eyes spotted many Elves and Men (and even a few Hobbits) hidden around the farm as far as she could see.

"I think my people have it pretty well covered, so far. But rather than have one of the managers being liason between the guards and managers and me, would you be able to do that? I would rather have you with me, but I'm afraid the managers will have their hands full just looking after the horses in such crowded conditions." She looked up at Celebros hopefully, her men knew him now and trusted him, and he would still be with her much of the time.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 12:02
"I suppose I could have a go, even though I'm not really the diplomatic type. What exactly do I need to do?" Celebros asked
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 04:36
Vana smiled and messaged Maci, ~It went well, then? The blast you heard was my spell going awry.~

"What's an Ioun stone?" Vana thought to ask aloud as the last part of Elruwen's message sank in. Scowling at her own silliness, Vana messaged Elruwen ~What's an Ioun stone?~
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 05:00
Macie started a bit as Vana's message entered her head, then smiled a bit ruefully. That had been the whole point of the mind linking hadn't it? She shook her head slightly. ~Yes, it went well~ she sent back to Vana. ~though I'm afraid this will take some getting used to! What spell were you trying to cast~ she then asked, curiously.

Finding a nearby chair, Macie sat down and watched Elruwen walk off. ---I suppose I better enjoy being headache free while I can, before that information absorbtion process or whatever she called it.--- she thought to herself. As she waited for Elruwen to return, she looked around the room as there were many things to keep her eyes occupied.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 05:11
Vana smiled as Macie replied. ~I was casting the dancing lights spell,~ she replied, moving to sit back on the rock she had injuried. ~Have you ever seen the Northern Lights? They look similiar to the spell I've been working on...very pretty!~ She paused mometarily. ~And you'll get used to it,~ she added. ~I did...and I normally hate feeling like someone can probe my brain.~
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 05:22
~I'm afraid I've never had the pleasure of seeing the Northern Lights, though I have heard people speak of their beauty.~ Macie stopped and thought a moment, as she remembered seeing Vana cast a spell earlier that had caused brilliant lights to dance about. ~Wait- I suppose that would be the spell that you cast inside earlier today? That was rather pretty as I remember. I hope it won't be too long before I can learn spellcasting.~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 02:13
~~A Ioun Stone is a handly little crystal orb that orbits a person's head, they can do anything from heal, to absorb spells...it depends on how you make them.~~ Elruwen replied ~~And the pair of you really need to learn to direct your messages at just one person...not so that people nearby can 'hear' as well. It takes some practice and getting used to but it can be acheived.~~ she then added, adressing both Vana and Macie

**Elruwen returned to the shop floor carrying a deep lavender coloured fist sized crystal orb. Colours swirled within the orb like mingling coloured smoke or water.**
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 07:30
~Ooops! Sorry about that Elruwen.~ Macie said. She wasn't quite sure yet how to "direct" a message to a particular person, but she tried to focus on contacting just Elruwen. ~Hmm...did you hear me reply to Elruwen?~ she asked, focusing this time on contacting Vana, hoping she got it right that time. If not, well, she'd just have to learn!

Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 07:47
~Sorry, Elruwen!~ Vana said, wincing a bit mentally. She knew it was probably a common mistake, but she still felt stupid.

Within seconds, another message from Macie came in, and Vana shook her head as she replied, ~No, I did not,~ careful to focus just on the sense that was Macie. ~I think that might be the trick; focus solely on the person you're talking to.~ Vana made a face. ~This is tricky!~

Vana heard Elruwen enter the main shop floor and decided to go see the Ioun stone for herself. Leaning through the window frame, Vana examined it with her eyes. It was actually really pretty, she realized. Mysterious and baffling to the eyes, yes, but power radiated from it in subdued waves.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 01:00
~~Its all right you get used to it eventually, sometimes the messages or thoughts unintentionally received can be quite amusesing, Macie.~~ Elruwen replied

"I suppose I had better teach you how to use this Ioun Stone then, Vana." she smiled
"Well to activate it you hold the stone to your heart until it glows, then you let it go. It will then orbit around your head."
**she demonstrates with one of her duller looking stones**
"To deactivate it you catchthe stone and pull it to your heart and wait for the glow to fade away before putting it away."
**She demonstrates with her stone.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 01:32
Vana watched avidly, her chin propped on the heels of her hands. When Elruwen's stone was lying, deactivated, in her hand, Vana nodded slowly before entering the house (by way of the door) and moving to stand before Elruwen. "If I had had this earlier, would there still have been an explosion when my spell messed up?" she asked, curious.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 02:14
"Probably not, I had so much going through my mind I must have forgotten to give it to you." Elruwen smiled "You haven't seen Celebros around by any chance have you?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 03:49
Vana put on her blank look. "Celebros? I haven't seen him since earlier this morning," she lied, trying to keep the truth from leaking out of her mind.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 01:05
"Hmm lets just hope he turns up soon. Here take the stone activate it and carry on with your spellwork while I finish Macie's inititation."

**She turned to Macie**

"The next part is going to cause a headache." she smiled "But don't let that worry you. The next phase is to absorb the knowledge within the pages of those tomes over there. What will happen is I will cast a spell upon you once cast you have about a minute to place your hands on each of the tomes in the order they are laid out. Are you ready or have any questions?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 02:19
Vana took the stone and held it reverently for a moment. After weighing it carefully in her hand, she pressed it against her heart until it glowed brightly between her clenched fingers. Holding her breath, she released the stone, bracing herself for a crash, but, true to Elruwen's words, it flew from her fingers and began to orbit her head.

Vana extended her hand, caught the stone and pressed it against her heart again. "Wow," she whispered as she headed out the door to try her spell again without distracting Macie. ~Good luck with the absorbing,~ she messaged Macie, smiling inwardly.
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 06:36
Macie idly watched Elruwen instruct Vana in the usage of the stone, attempting to keep from playing with her ring, and not succeeding very well, as her hands liked to stay busy. Smiling a little as she looked down at it, her mind was soon off in another world, as she thought of the one who had given it to her.

She snapped out of her mental reverie, as Elruwen addressed her, speaking of the next part of her initiation. "Oh yes, the headache, wonderful!" She said aloud, rather sarcasticly, then smiled. "I suppose it will fade soon enough, and I'd much rather get it over with." Listening carefull to Elruwen's instructions, she nodded. "It doesn't sound to hard, just to touch each of the tomes within the time limit..." With a smile she added, "I believe I'm ready!"

As she prepared for the spell to be cast upon her, Vana messaged her, wishing her good luck. ~Thanks~ she sent back to her, ~Just hope it all goes right, that I don't bungle it or anything!~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 11:52
**Elruwen walked to the table with Macie following her. She then set about casting the spell. Her hands and fingers gesticulated in a series of complex arcane patterns, a white mist creeping from her fingers and slowly forming a white mist around Macie, making it look like she was a-glow.**

"The spell is cast, now do as I instructed before time runs out." Elruwen smiled
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 12:01
Vana smiled at Macie's message as she settled herself on the grass. Closing her eyes, she pressed the stone over her heart again and released it. As it orbited her head, Vana focused on the dancing lights spell again, considering size and color...but she decided to try something different. She had always loved Mithrandir's fireworks, not so much for their color and light, but for the pictures they created in the sky.

'Perhaps something simple to start with,' Vana thought to herself. 'A flower, maybe.' Holding the thought of a rose before her mental eyes, Vana began reciting the spell.

As the last word died away, light spread from Vana and turned into a rose, just blooming, in midair. Vana leaned back on her hands and watched as the rose bloomed before dying in a shower of sparkles.
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 07:00
Macie placed her hands upon the first, then quickly, she moved them, touching each one in turn. She worked quickly, so as to finish before the spell wore off.

About half-way through, Macie began to notice a slight throbbing in her head, which grew in intensity as she moved along. At she touched the last one, the white mist began to fade, and Macie found herself left with an acute headache. "Oww" she groaned slightly, using her fingers to rub her forehead and temples.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 01:02
**Elruwen helped Macie to a chair.**

"Now sit there and try to relax I'll heat up a batch of Elerrina's miracle headache curing tea." she smiled

**She headed off into the kitchen and started to brew the tea**

~~Vana, can you please come inside and keep an eye on Macie for me, make sure she doesn't pass out from the mental strain.~~
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 05:56
~Will do,~ Vana messaged back as she rose, catching her stone and pressing it to her heart as she walked toward the house. Walking in the door, she shoved the stone inside a small bag she wore on her belt and strode to where Macie sat, swaying.

"How did it go, mellon?" Vana asked, kneeling beside Macie's chair. Her quick eyes took in Macie's worn face and tired eyes.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 05:24
Meanwhile, at Mirivanë...

Elerrina considered Celebros' question... what would be the best way for him to handle a liason task?

She took his hand and they walked back toward the barns again. "I suppose what I'd need you to do is to go from place to place around the perimeter of the farm, checking with the guards, then messaging me with any news they might have. If there is or has been any sighting of the predator, you can let me know, and I can send other well-armed Elfs to the right place. You're the only one here, other than Elencara, with whom I can mind-talk... though a couple of the other horses can communicate pretty well, too, they won't be outside... so you can get any news to me far faster than any horseman can ride. I know that means being away from me most of the time, but I think that's the best way I can use your help. Would you do that for me?"

They had reached the main barn again and she found the barn manager and the farm overseer speaking in soft tones over a map of the farm. Looking up, they smiled and greeted Celebros, shaking hands. Elerrina explained what Celebros and she had planned, without giving the details of their mind-talking talents, and the men agreed a liason would be useful.

Sitting down with Celebros, they all began to work out a route for him to follow...
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 07:56
((OOC: Leaving town tomorrow, and won't have access to the 'net until Monday...So I'm not just randomly disappearing )

"If a splitting headache is normal, " Macie answered, still trying to fight off the pain, "than I suppose all went well." Trying to relax her mind so that her headache might ease, she tried to keep herself somewhat together, until Elruwen had a chance to brew that "miracle headache curing tea" that she had mentioned.

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 06:21
**Elruwen soon had the kettle on the boil and once done she brought in a teapot full of the brew and a mug for Macie.**

"It works best hot but you might want to let it cool down a little." She smiled

"It sounds like a good idea to me, even though I don't like leaving you while this threat is present but yes I'll do that for you."
~~And once again my plans for an afternoon and evening togther are foiled, my sweet.~~ Celebros messaged Elerrina in a joking tone ~~Just my luck isn't it?~~
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 08:06
(back )

Macie gratefully took the tea. By the looks of the steam, it would be far to hot for her to drink without scalding her mouth. She blew gently on it, to cool it off somewhat. After a minute, she lifted the mug, and took a small sip. After drinking a bit more, she began to notice her headache losing intensity, and fading away.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 03:10
Vana smiled at Macie's response. "Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, a spiliting headache is fairly normal."

Vana paused, frowning as Elruwen came out with a mug of tea. "Elruwen, why is it that I felt it when you cut your finger, but I cannot feel Macie's headache?" she asked her teacher, curious, as Macie took the tea with a grateful smile.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 06:24
"Hopefully, we will be able to find the creature who is doing this and kill it... chasing it away would prove temporary, I'm afraid, my love. If it is hungry for horsemeat, it will return again and again. Once that is done," Elerrina looked up at Celebros and smiled, "we can go back to the Armoury and our other pursuits without worry." ~~ As long as I'm one of your first pursuits!~~ Elerrina finished just to Celebros with mind-talk, flashing Celebros a quick grin.

Celebros smiled back and kissed her temple lightly. ~~Mother is still doing initiations, isn't she? I can feel her stick her finger, so it's probably a good thing we're not attuned to all the iniates yet, we'd have their aches and pains, too!~~

Elerrina nodded, then smiled, looking at the others. Celebros' route had been drawn out for him with enough landmarks that he'd know just where he was on the large farm. If any of the guards had seen anything at all, they could tell him and he could mind-talk the news to her, no matter where he was... and reinforcement warriors could be sent right away.

Now, if they could only find out what it was...!! She thought to herself.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 03:05
"Because it is a different form of pain as far as we share pain inflicted by foes and poisons, its lets each of us know how the other is and who is in dire need of healing sort of thing. We don't share the aches and pains of living a normal life unless of course that pain is induced by a poison or something like that. To be quite honest not even I fully understand how is works. Only one of us did and he left this world a very very long time ago, taking his secrets with him." Elruwen replied

**Meanwhile Celebros began walking the route that had been planned for him talking with the guards as he passed. So far nothing else had occured.**
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:40
"Who was that?" Macie asked Elruwen curiously, as she finished the last of her tea. The headache had dissipated, leaving her eager to learn more.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 11:08
"You should know Macie, you read my soul after all." she smiled "He took quite a number of secrets with him but perhaps it is for the best, it is better to learn on your own than to be spoon-fed information all the time, so to speak."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 07:03
As Celebros rode his appointed route, searching for clues, he kept his mind as open as he could... letting his senses be as keyed up and alert as the rest of his mind. He wanted to find this horse-killer as much as Ele did, not only because of the horses themselves (though he did like them) but because he knew his Elerrina, his love, had a part of her heart wrapped up in her horses and her farm... she couldn't bear them being hurt or killed.

I will do the best I can to rid us of this killer, whatever it is... Celebros said to himself, firming his resolve. He looked through the arrows in his Elhonna quiver and picked one he thought would work against most magical creatures, for the creature that disappeared like fog in the heat of the day must surely not be an animal of plain flesh and blood. He rode on, searching as he rode, and checked with the other groups as he reached them... but there was little to go on, with no new clues, and he was disheartened as he turned to ride back to the big house. With a sigh to himself, he crossed over the crest of a hill, and something caught his eye. It was like fog, a very small patch, and it seemed to be just under the trees in the small copse of trees below him.

His own thoughts came back to him, "like fog in the heat of the day", he'd said. It was warm now, too, and there was no other fog around the area... just this one small patch. And as he watched, it quickly withdrew to further under the trees. His excitement mounted as his horse snorted nervously and a whiff of foul-smelling air reached his own nostrils. ~~ Mother?~~ he sent Elruwen a mental query. He had a few questions to ask her.

((OOC- Yes!! I am-- at last-- moved into my new place! My computer's cablemodem is working again, and I should be able to begin posting again with some regularity now!! Any time away now should at least be brief... and thank you all for your patience! :love: ))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 06:08
((OOC: I've still got a week of my summer job to run before I'll be back to normal posting routine.))

~~Yes Celebros?~~ Elruwen replied
~~I have a few questions to ask you.~~
~~Fire away~~

**Firstly he sent Elruwen a mental image of what he saw and the details of what had happened and the details as to what the smell could best be described as.**

~~...I'm getting the impression that we have come across one of these creatures before and I can't remember how we delt with it.~~ Celebros continued

~~Yes, we have...remember that time the archers were bathing in the river and the fog cam down upon us swiftly, the pinkish tinged one that drained a little of Avaya'a blood?~~

~~Yes I remember it well...you mean to say its the same sort of creature?~~

~~No this sounds like the land dwelling version of the crimson death, it is far easier to dispatch but smells at least twice as foul. Now for the love of the Valar be carefull!~~

~~I will mother.~~

**He turned his attetion to messaging Elerrina.**

~~Elerrina....I have found the creature we seek....It is the Crimson Death....remember that killer pinkish fog when we went to the Havens.....its the land dwelling cousin this time...well that is the conclusion mother and I have come to. Bring magical backup and warn your guards of its attacks.~~

**he sent her a mental image of his location and the fog patch.**

<< First2829303132
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email