Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2829303132
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: August 09, 2004 03:57
~~ It's the feeding fog creature?~~ Elerrina questioned Celebros.

~~No, not the same one that pursued us,~~ Celebros messaged her back. ~~This one is the same type of feeder, though, and it may be working with another creature of some sort... perhaps to herd the horses toward it. I don't know for sure, but there were other footprints besides the horse's prints, I remember... ~~ Then he recounted his conversation with his mother.

Celebros hadn't seen anything else yet, no other creature, but he remembered there had been some sort of tracks, though they were too scuffled and partial to make any identification of them. There was also the possibility that the maker of those tracks was simply an opportunist hunter-scavenger trying to steal the Crimson Fog's prey after the horse had been killed. Make that a probability, Celebros said to himself, since the Crimson Death only takes its victim's blood, leaving the rest mostly intact.

Celebros had withdrawn slightly from where he could see the fog beneath the trees, to message Elerrina, so he didn't notice that a few foggy tendrils had drifted slowly from the forest and moved behind him. Concentrating on his mental speech, it was only when his horse began to shiver and dance sideways that Celebros realized he was in danger himself. The chestnut gelding stood his ground for a few seconds more, then spun around as the fog creature tried to slip around his back legs. With a panicky neigh of fear and pain, Lomín kicked and bucked, trying to get away. He spun around, nearly unseating Celebros, who was holding on for dear life... but felt himself inexorably slipping.

A few miles away, Elerrina had chosen a few magical arrows from her quiver and was riding swiftly toward Celebros' position. She had warned her men about the creature that appeared as an innocent fog but killed in stealth, and she had provided them with some of her arrows already imbued with spells against such magic. Calling Elencara, she had mounted and galloped off to aid Celebros, her men trailing behind on slightly slower horses. "Hurry, Elencara! Celebros is in danger... I feel it!!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:24
~~The fog is after us Elerrina, Lomín and I!~~ Celebros messaged her with a sense of urgency in his thoughts. ~~ Lomín is scared silly and I don't know how to calm him down, please hurry! I'm going start learning to fly in a moment.~~

**Celebros was now almost literally hanging on by his finger nails with the fog in hot pursuit of him and his steed.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 06:09
"Run, Elencara!" Elerrina said urgently to her galloping horse. "Show us the meaning of 'haste'!"

The mare's ears were slanted back toward her mistress, listening, but now Elencara flattened them to her head, and Elerrina felt the horse surge forward in even faster and longer strides. She leaned far forward, clinging to the mare's mane, both of them focused on the task at hand, both gasping for breaths from the wind screaming by their faces.

At last, though it was really only a few minutes, the two rescuers came to the pathway through the woods, only to be nearly run down by Lomin, Celebros clinging to his saddle and mane, as the hysterical gelding tried to get away from the deadly fog, trying to run, buck and neigh at the same time.

~~ Lomin! Steady on... you will be safe!~~ Elerrina sent the fear-crazed horse a firm, calm message. ~~Steady, there!~~ She repeated, and she felt and saw Lomin slow and halt, his sides still heaving, but no longer panicking.

Celebros steadied himself, too, back firmly in the saddle, trying to calm himself and his horse. Elerrina and the white mare were slowing as they saw the fog creature trailing the Elf and chestnut horse. Elencara slid to a stop, all four feet leaving long gouges in the soil. "Are you alright?" Elerrina called to Celebros, but the stench of the fog had reached her, and she ended with a coughing wretch. Elencara backed up so they could both breathe.

The Crimson Death creature had stopped its pursuit of Celebros and was appraising the new arrivals. Were they simply more prey or a possible threat?

As Elerrina took one of the charmed arrows from her quiver, Elencara took a few more steps backward. Slowly she took her bow from her shoulder, messaging Celebros so she wouldn't have to breathe.

~~Are you two alright?~~ she asked again mentally, but her focus was on the fog before her, slowly sending out tendrils to either side of them. Sensing its lack of assurance at two adversaries, she quickly tossed Celebros the arrow, and strung another charmed arrow in her own bow. ~~ Wait until my call to shoot, Celebros, after that use your sword on it, too. Your sword has many spells on it, does it not?~~

She waited, watching the center of the fog become thinner as the tendrils spread... revealing the core of the creature.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 01:54
~~Yes, we are alright, Lomin is still a little uneasy but otherwise we are fine and yes my sword has a number of spells stored in it, but the undiminished stars in the blade are fewer in number than before and might not be able to add an extra oomph to the spells within.~~

**Celebros dismounted Lomin, unslung his bow and bade his steed to wander off to a safe distance. Longbows and horses did not mix very well what so ever. He nocked the arrow to the string and waited for Elerrina's word.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 05:09
Elerrina had her horseman's bow (with the shorter lower leg), but she didn't want to endanger Elencara either, so she slipped from the mare's back and lightly landed on the ground. ~~ Stay with Lomin, my girl, but don't go too far. We might need you in a hurry! Be brave!~~ She messaged the mare as she trotted after the gelding.

The fog could move rather quickly, but she thought... hoped... they could outrun it, if needed. Celebros had his sword and his longbow with several charmed arrows; she had her knife, but not her sword, and more charmed arrows in her quiver. Celebros and Elerrina started to move slowly toward the shifting fog now, separating slightly to give it two targets to keep track of. Apparently it felt their animosity and lack of fear, for it began to thicken at the center, withdrawing some of its wispy tendrils. It felt no fear itself; never had it faced prey that could hurt it... in fact, most of its prey never knew what had attacked it until it was too late.

This prey was behaving differently, though. A slight feeling of uncertainty began to surface from deep within the Crimson Death. What manner of Elves were these?

"We have to destroy it," Elerrina said firmly. "We cannot just chase it off... it will keep coming back... keep killing horses. Or Men and Elves. On three, shoot your bow, then try your sword. I'll keep using my charmed arrows... may Eru bless each one..."

She took a deep breath. "One... two..." She pulled back on the nocked arrow, "THREE!!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 07:55
**For the first shot they took he nocked two to the string and released them heading at the creature, the arrows striking it barely centimeters apart.**

**The creature looked a little stunned, well as stunned as a fog cloud could look...it wasn't normal for its prey to attack it...normally it gave up without a fight.**

[Edited on 24/8/2004 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 05:23
Elerrina gave Celebros a tight smile as the foggy form solidified then gave a shiver. "I think it's been hurt... let's hit it again!" She called to him as she pulled another charmed arrow from her quiver. She never felt very accurate when nocking two at a time, so she nocked the one and drew back again. Letting fly again...

She could almost feel the creature's surprise at their attack.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 09:39
"Yes, and keep hitting it, when the back up arrives I shall go in with my sword and pray that the remaining undiminished stars still have enough power to fend this thing off."

**He nocked just a single arrow to the string this time and let it fly at a tendril that was sneaking towards them almost unnoticed.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 05:51
As Celebros' arrow went through the fog, the arrow appeared to slow, then fell from the air... but the tendril must have gotten the effect of the spell cast upon the arrow, for it turned a sickly yellowish color and retreated toward the main creature.

"No blood for you, you slimy fiend!" Elerrina shouted at it. She let fly another embued arrow and the fog creature seemed to shiver momentarily. Behind her Elerrina heard the almost silent footfalls of her Elvish guards, who had come as quickly as they could to the place their mistress had specified. They would use whatever weapons each had, both magical and physical. Many had swords carved with protective runes, a few also had magical arrows. Together, Elerrina hoped they would be strong enough to defeat this tenacious and voracious enemy.

The guards, along with Elerrina and Celebros, shot and hacked at it, and it slowly retreated, but turned again and tried to send another tendril towards Celebros.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 11:12
**At this point Celebros had long since slung his bow across his back and drawn his sword hacking at the stray tendrils mercileslly. He didn't see the tendril coming and it made a firm purchase upon his leg and started to draw out his blood, taking on a pinkish hue as it did so. Celebros felt the searing pain shoot through his leg and he buckled, madly trying to slash at the tendril as he fell to the ground.**

"Somebody help! It's got me and I can't reach to cut myself loose!" he yelled
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 03:36
The tendril that was draining Celebros had turned from lightest blushing pink to a deeper hue as it drew his life force into itself. The Elven guard closest to him called on Elbereth Gilthoniel and swung his sword through the tendril, but it didn't hurt it enough to make the creature turn him loose. The stink of the fog was beginning to make the newcomers wretch, and they tried to stay away from it, yet still help. A tall, dark-haired Elf, in drab greens and browns drew his bow and nocked an arrow... it was one of the three he carried that was imbued with a destructive spell, but he went a step further: he lit the arrow on fire before he loosed it...

Elerrina saw the flame and watched as the arrow struck home in the densest, stickiest part of the fog creature. It was becoming very red near Celebros, but it writhed as the arrow struck. The smell of burned flesh joined the rotten smell of the creature itself. Quickly, Elerrina did the same and called to the others to try flame as well... but not set the woods ablaze for all their sakes.

Celebros continued to hack at the tendril closest to him, but his efforts were becoming weaker. He looked pale... and Elerrina began to fear they could not save him. In a near-panic, she began to search for the strongest spell she could think of. Eru help me, she thought, guide my arrow...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 06:51
**He continued to slash at the tendril every time it tried to get a grip on him again. While doing this he mentally tried to coax the undiminished stars to work their magic and at least harm his abomination.**

"Elerrina....your ring...remember.....it contains the forces of both frost and fire....the creature seems to be particularly vulnerable to flames." he managed to say.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 05:35
Hearing Celebros' gasping cry to her, she stopped in surprise. Her ring? Frost and fire? Elerrina looked at it a moment, on her hand as it always was, a precious gift from the man she loved.

She knew he had imbued it with the infinite patterns of the snowflake... could she use a spell to coax the opposite force from her ring? She wasn't sure what spell to use, but she knew she had the right one within her memory, from all the information she'd funneled into her mind from the great tomes of spells Elruwen had used when Elerrina was apprenticed into the Archers.

She brought her mind and will to her intent... to send a blast of hottest fire to the creature now poised over Celebros... and held out her ring toward it. As if on fire, written words came before her eyes, and she heard her own voice saying them with force and determination. A fountain of blue fire erupted from her outstretched hand, striking the Crimson Fog with a sizzling sound as its moisture turned to steam... it exploded!!

Both she and the Elven archers were knocked from their feet...

((OOC- oops! :blush: I forgot that...))

[Edited on 9/1/2004 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 03:54
((OOC: Celebros was already flat on the floor but oh well ))

**Celebros curled up into a ball to reduce the impact of the explosion on him. Once he was sure it was gone he staggered to his feet and went over to Elerrina to aid her to her feet as best he could.**

"I was going to leave the second nature of your ring for you to find out for yourself...ah well at least that abomination's gone." he smiled a little
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 05:38
Elerrina smiled back at him a little shakily herself, as he helped her up. "Are you all right?" She took a close look at him, but except for his paleness, he looked none the worse from his experience. She took him into her arms and hugged him tightly. "I was really worried about you! That creature could devour a whole horse... you would have been just a quick mid-day snack for it, had it been able to continue undisturbed... you could have died!" She hugged him again so he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes.

Stepping back after a long minute, Elerrina gave him a crooked smile. "One monster down, but there might still be another lurking around. Remember the horse? It's flesh was devoured, too... so there may be some other creature who followed to scavenge the kills of the Crimson Death after it had fed." She shuddered at the thought and turned to the Men and Elves who had also regained their feet. "We'll still have to keep our eyes open... this creature has been destroyed, and we'll hope the other has been frightened off, but keep a sharp watch out anyway for the next week or so," she instructed.

The guards, and the few Hobbits, nodded solumnly. Everyone had now caught their breaths and a few smiles began to show at their success. The farm would be... hopefully... safe now from this predator. They gathered their weapons and departed to report to the farm and barn managers.

Giving a long whistle, Elerrina called her white mare, and Celebros did the same for his chestnut gelding. They gave each other a quick smile and kiss before they rode back to the main buildings.

"Well, it looks like we can go back to the Armoury, Celebros. Would you message your mother that we're all right? I think I can go back tomorrow, if you'd like to wait until then..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 11:29
"Yes I will message her to tell her we are alright once I've regainded the right mind set...I have too much adrenaline in my blood to concentrate properly." he smiled "As for returning I think it best that we return in the morning, it gives me a little time to regain lost blood and not only that, it gives me some time alone with you... but back home with two students in the armoury...I say no more."

**Once the affects of the adrenaline rush dissipated Celebros messaged Elruwen**

~~We're safe and sound mother, we defeated the creature and we shall return in the morning.~~

~~Ah, thats good to hear Celebros, I will see you and Elerrina tomorrow then.~~
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 01:36
In the meanwhile, as all the excitement was happening at the ranch, Vana kept herself occupied reading spell books. She'd already absorbed all the information in them, but she wanted to bring the spells for her level up to the front so she could use them. The spell for dancing lights was fun, but she had pretty much mastered that by now and was ready for another challenge.

The ray of frost spell looked interesting, but with all the emotion charging through the bond to Celebros and Elerrina, she didn't dare try it; she didn't want to hit a passing animal or person with it by accident because she couldn't control herself.

As the emotion drained from the bond, Vana thumped the book closed decisively and told Elruwen, "I'd like to practice the Ray of Frost spell. Should I go outside?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 05:20
Elerrina smiled at him, happy to have her beloved back to his usual self... both practical and romantic at the same time. "Yes, you're right there, my love! The Armoury will be a much busier place for some time, I suppose. Well, we can always come back to Mirivanë, if we need a little time to ourselves in the evening." She sighed and Celebros gave her an inquiring look. "I always feel torn, leaving my horses. Yet you and Elruwen, Kyran and Vana and the others are also so much a part of me, my life, now. And there is still a new student I have yet to bond with... though I can already sense her since she has bonded with Elruwen." She gave her mare's white shoulder a pat and smiled again. "Well, wherever I go, Elencara goes... so I guess it's alright."

They continued at a walk, and Celebros' color improved a little as his system began to recouperate from the loss of blood. Soon they came down the hill on the old road and saw the back of the main barn ahead of them and the house a bit further on. The guards had already arrived back from the battle, and men were already putting the horses back into the lush pastures with the neat white fences. They would be safe now, but a lookout would be kept for some days, just in case the other predator came back.

Guests waved at her as they rode by or from the porch as they walked up, and the aromas of meats and sauces and desserts for dinner wafted on the breeze. A maid rang the dinner bell...

All was back to normal.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 11:29
"Yes Vana, I recomend attempting it outside the more offensive spells tend to break windows when used inside." she smiled "be careful though I do not want you straining yourself, your only a beginner at all this. Will you be staying tonight? Its just so I know how many I need to cook for."

**she turned to Macie as well**

"And what about you willl you be staying the night also?" she asked

~~~

"I know what you mean my love. I was torn between a home with motjher and also with you and thee wilds when I first arrived but I've found a way round it and I'm sure you will eventually find some way round you're little 'problem', for want of a better word. Anyway lets not dwell on this to long it sounds like dinner is ready." he smiled
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 07:03
Elerrina took his arm and smiled back up at him. "Yes, I do think dinner is ready. And yes, I guess the problem will solve itself... for the most part. I can simply go where I'm needed... it's a rather, ah... 'spontaneous' way to live, but it has it's good points." She sighed as they took their seats, though, and knew she wouldn't be altogether happy that way either.

Spontaneity wasn't boring, but it wasn't satisfying either...

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 01:22
"Who knows perhaps you may not even need to do that in the future. Who knows what destiny has in store for us." he smiled, kissing her cheek "Now let us go and eat."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 03:33
Dinner was a happy affair at Mirivanë, as always. Elerrina's guests were usually quite outgoing, as she was, except for the occasional dour Dwarf, but even they eventually succumbed to the happiness of the place in general, the superb food... and the excellent ale. As usual, the conversation at the large main table was pleasant and fun, engaging most of the guests in the reparté and fun story-telling, some of which was a touch more on the 'could/would/should-have-been' side than the solid truth.

Celebros retold the main events of the demise of the Crimson Death, the creature who appeared as innocent mist and fog, but began to suck the life blood from its victim. Elves and Men, Hobbits and Dwarves alike oohed and ahhed at the story, the basic facts of which had already begun to circulate from the other guards who had aided in the fight with the creature.

"Tanar, the guard, said you had experience with a different creature, Celebros," one of the visiting local Hobbits spoke up. "He said it was of the same type, but lived around rivers and lakes. Tell us about that..."

Nothing would do but that Celebros re-tell the tale of the other deadly fog-creature that the Archers had met on their journey to the Grey Havens... suitably embroidered, of course, to make a fine tale (and without mentioning the reason for the journey). Then another guest told another story, then another. As the evening grew later, the last dessert was eaten and the last wine savored, the last tale told. The guests began to yawn in the warmth of the room, and many said their goodnights and headed off to their rooms. Celebros and Elerrina headed off to their room, too, readied themselves and, with a last hug and kiss, slipped off into the restful meditation that served most Elves for slumber.

On the morrow, they would head back to the village and the Armoury once more.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 08:02
Vana smiled as she headed for the door. "I'll be careful," she promised. "And yes, if it's all right, I'd like to stay the night. I have nowhere else in walking or riding distance to stay."

With that, she went outside and sat down by the rock she had accidentally blasted earlier. Half-closing her eyes, she recalled the words to the spell and began to murmur them softly, pointing a finger at another rock. As she finished the spell, she opened her eyes all the way...in time to see a bolt of frost dance from her and hit the rock. She ducked in time as rock splintered. After a cautious moment, she lifted her head and looked at the rock. It wasn't completely destroyed, but a good piece had splintered off.

Rising, the blonde elf swayed as she put a hand to her head. She felt unnaturally dizzy. 'Time to call it a day,' she decided, heading indoors. 'Much more, and I'll be blowing myself up.'
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:16
"Vana, you need to concentrate more on that spell you are supposed to be forming a bolt of ice which will freeze the target area not a bolt of force. Leave it for tonight and try again in the morning." she smiled "It takes time to master spells."

**She headed into the kitchen and started to prepare dinner for them**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 04:32
Celebros shifted in his resting, visions of the open country of the Wilds filling his mind with peaceful images, and some not-so-peaceful ones. He shifted again, mumbling, rousing Elerrina slightly.

Shifting up onto her elbow, she watched his eyelids flicker for a few moments, then his breathing slowed again. She didn't want to wake him, so she snuggled back down into her covers. It would soon be time to get up and prepare for the short trip back to the Armoury, but she would enjoy these last few langorous moments of peace and privacy with him as the dawn began to brighten the windows.

She listened with Elf-sharp hearing as her household bustled about their chores, and the horses nickered happily as their morning hay and grains were brought. Another day had begun...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 01:11
((I'm booting the armoury half of the thread forward))

**Dinner and the night passed peacefully back at the armoury. As dawn broke Elruwen got up and started busying herself with breakfast and getting the forge ready again. Naur to was awake following Elruwen around and hoovering up any food scraps that felll on the floor.**
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 09:34
((yet another kick start to the thread))

**Breakfast in the armoury was soon eaten and soon the lessons were fully underway. Elruwen was teaching the new initiates how to brew healing potions.**
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 09:22
Vana yawned and let her eyes clear as morning dawned and she heard noises about her. She lifted her head from the couch she had been pointed to and looked around. Elruwen was starting the forge fire; Vana could see her through the open door.

Pushing the coverlets aside, Vana got up and stretched before padding to the kitchen and snitching some breakfast. "Good morning, Elruwen," she called, biting into a roll.

The morning proceeded from there. Breakfast was quickly eaten, and lessons began shortly afterward. Vana was placed at a table with plenty of strong-smelling herbs in front of and around her. Elruwen showed her how to mix several herbs to make a headache potion.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 10:03
Elerrina stretched luxuriously... time to get up, though, she thought to herself.

Celebros rolled over and rested an arm around her waist, yawning, then glanced at the window. "Oh, we'd better get a move on, El, Mother will be busy with the new students and the orders that need doing still..." As he talked, he'd dressed hurriedly and began washing his face. Wiping the last drops of water from his handsome face, he smiled at her, continuing, "Well, I think I'm ready for whatever the day should bring... at least after we go get some breakfast from the dining room!"

Elerrina had not been still, either. She had hurried through her own ablutions and dressing, so she was also ready to go downstairs. She grinned at him. "There is nothing that gets you moving in the morning like the thought of the buffet with crisp bacon, sweet ham and tender eggs, with a thick slice of warm bread and butter... is there?" She paused and considered quickly. "Me neither," she said. "I'll race you down the stairs... " trailed back to him as she spun around and headed out the door.

"Ackk! Wiley woman!! You got a head start!!" But the door slammed shut as Celebros and she tore down the halls like children, until they reached the doorway to the dining room. Celebros laughed at the impish look on her face, "You won... okay... you won, but you had to cheat to do it!" Taking her arm, they went in. "We'd better eat and run, since we've already run to eat!" He laughed.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:50
**Back at the armoury**

"You are doing well Vana, just try not to chop the herbs up so finely, they only need to be roughly chopped you know. Its only the barks and nuts that need to be ground to a powder. You might want to consider checking the indegestion decoction you were brewing It might start bubbling over shortly." she grinned

**At the farm**
"Once again your chef has spoilt us for choice. I hardly know where to start. What do you recomend my love?" Celebros smiled
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 01:25
She couldn't help it... Elerrina wanted to reach over and pat Celebros' tummy, which was protruding (just slightly) over the waistband of his leggings... but she didn't. It would have been funny to her, but probably not to Celebros, who had a slight difficulty working off the extra goodies he ingested when they went to Elerrina's horse farm. Her own figure seemed to stay miraculously firm and slim... so she restrained her sense of humor, but she smiled. "The homemade bread with butter and honey is what I'm heading for! And fruit... and maybe a little bacon." She took a thick slice of bread, some butter & honey, some cut up fruit and 3 pieces of bacon... and coffee.

Celebros shook his head at her appetite, "How do you do it? Eat all that and stay so slender? I think I'd better stick to some oatmeal and fruit..." He passed the trays of beautiful golden rolls and frosted pastries, as she had, and got a bowl of oatmeal, then added some strawberries and cream. "Yumm," and good for me, too," he commented as he sat down by her and started eating.

When they both had finished and were happily contemplating their empty plates and full tummies, Celebros commented. "I think I'll take one of those pretty apple tarts; I bet Lomin would probably eat some of it, too. Is pastry bad for horses, El?"

They left to go to the barn, Celebros balancing an apple tart, and Elerrina smiled... not only was Celebros a bit plump, but now his horse was getting plump, too! Oh, well, they'd work it off! Soon they were ready and, wheeling the horses, they took off for the Armoury at a brisk trot.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 10:23
"Hmmm I think I should lower your pastry allowence my equine friend. You are developing quite an addiction to them." he chuckled, patting his horse on the side of the neck. "And yes I supposed I'd better cut mine down as well before I grow out of this tunic."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 06:57
It wasn't long before their horses were trotting up to the Armoury. The horses were only lightly sweating, so Elerrina took them over for a short drink of water at the tub outside the back door. "Go ahead inside, Celebros; I'll take care of the horses and be there in a few minutes." She was busily removing the horses saddles and so on as she spoke, and Celebros gave her a quick smooch on the neck and went inside. After a good roll in the grass, the two horses mosied back over to her. "Well, Elencara and Lomín, we've managed to kill the monster that was after a feast of horseflesh... or anything else that has blood... so Mirivanë is safe again, and you are safe again, too. We have Celebros-- mostly-- to thank for that! But now it's time to get back to the Armoury and the new initiates that are joining the Archers..." Elerrina gave each horse a last pat and turned for the back door. "Stay within calling distance; see you later..."

Elerrina turned and opened the Armoury's back door. "Hello?" She called. "Where is everyone?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 03:18
Vana's head jerked up at Elruwen's remark and she abandoned her finely ground herbs to check the indegestion potion. It was, as Elruwen said, about to overflow. Using a thick hot pad, she pulled it off the fire and set it to cool. "Whew," she managed, going back to her herbs, "this is trickier than I thought it would be!"

Elruwen's answering laugh was cut off by someone's--Elerrina's voice, Vana realized--calling into the Armory. Elruwen was gone in a flash. Vana smiled and set her herbs aside to go greet her friend. "Welcome back, Elerrina," she called, rounding the corner. "Was your trip successful?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 05:22
**Celebros had just managed to sneak up into his attic room silently, the first time he had managed to come home without Elruwen noticing, when Elerrina stepped inside. He was in a pretty silly mood and he hooked his knees around one of the bars in the ceiling and hung upside down.**

"We are....were in the kitchen." Elruwen smiled "Celebros what are you doing up there. I didn't hear you come in."

**Celebros grinned**
"I was wondering how long it would take you to notice my return."
<< First2829303132
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email