Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2627282930Last >>
Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: Archers of the Silver Moon (Keep)
on: April 06, 2004 07:36
There was the sound of a breaking cup as Elerrina dropped it, startled, by the pain in her finger, but when she looked there was no cut. She picked up the pieces of broken pottery, and looked to Elruwen. "Yes, warn us first, please!" But she softened the comment with a smile and a sigh. "I'll go get another cup..." she said aloud.

When she came back, she waited for her turn to bond with Vana. She calmed her mind and let her body relax, no use passing a lot of extraneous thoughts or tension along... the process was not an enjoyable one. She had many losses in her life and that pain hurt whenever it came to mind... especially the death of her first husband.

She'd wait to pour the tea.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 01:21
**Elruwen blinked and the glaze faded from her eyes**

"But If I told you I was going to do it, it wouldn't be the same. Springing it upon you like that is the only way you can tell if the bond has been fully forged. I'm sure you understand what I mean." Elruwen smiled

**She extended a hand to Vana**

"You can now officially call yourself and Archers of the Silver Moon initiate. Now you need to do the same with Elerrina, It will be easier than it was with me, She is younger by far and their is less history to rifle through."

~~No offence ment or anything Elerrina... you know what i'm trying to say even if it comes out of my mouth wrong,~~ Elruwen messaged her
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 02:49
Vana blinked the glaze from her eyes as well as she took Elruwen's hand, wincing a bit as the small hurt twinged in her finger again.

Releasing Elruwen's hand, Vana's fingers gently massaged her temples, trying to fight off a headache. Somehow, she hadn't figured that rifling through someone else's memories would be so tiring.

A buzz sounded at the base of her skull, and as she listened to it, she seemed to hear words, Elruwen's voice, but very, very distantly, as if Elruwen stood on one end of a great plain and spoke. Vana couldn't make out any words, but she guessed the thought wasn't directed at her.

Turning, Vana faced the other elf woman. To Vana, she seemed one softened by pain and long experience, unlike many she knew. Gentleness seemed to hang about her like a cloak, but a gentleness with a potential bite to it.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 10:48
Elerrina met Vana's cool gaze with her warm green eyes. She took a deep breath and sighed, letting her mental defenses down... allowing Vana to see deeply within her mind. She tried not to think of these memories herself as she took the 'covers' off... and let Vana see... yet one tear tracked down her cheek as her memories of Vorondo, her husband... her Man, now dead... came slowly up. She mentally braced herself... felt Vana gently looking... looking... the deaths of her brothers, her parents departure from Middle Earth... the joys of her youth, the pleasure of her horses, it was all there for her to see.

She sighed again... but kept her eyes on Vana's.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 09:32
Vana relaxed her mind and stared into Elerrina's warm eyes. Carefully, she reached into the other elf woman's mind, more confident now than she had been before. Elerrina was not as complicated to read as Elruwen; she was younger, though pain was evident in her spirit and eyes.

As Vana sank into Elerrina's memories, pain washed up to meet her. Pain so potent that Vana, naturally sensitive in spirit, was nearly overwhelmed. Clinging to her emotions with gritted teeth, Vana plowed forward, determined not to be turned away by the softness still in her own spirit. 'I would have thought it would all be eradicated by now,' she thought wryly, finally reached Elerrina's deepest memories. 'Especially after...' she yanked her thoughts to a stop, remembering that Elruwen was now connected to her thoughts.

As she gazed in Elerrina's eyes, Vana noticed, out of the corner of her eye, the tear that trickled down Elerrina's fair face.

An answering tear slid down her face as she began to speak. "You own a horse farm not far from here, but your primary home is in Gondor. Whilst you are there, you are a horsemistress for the city of Minas Tirith and fight in the ranks when needed."

Sinking past the superficial memories, Vana reached into the painful ones. These were hard to say aloud, but she knew the older Archers probably already knew them. "Long ago, you loved a human man. His name was Vorondo. He...died...a long time ago." Vana swallowed back more tears as she kept looking. "Your parents grew weary of Middle-earth some time ago...after...a tragic event...oh!" Vana almost blinked to rid herself of the tears that streamed down her face. "Your brothers died...and they could not bear to stay."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 04:58
Elerrina nodded... preferring to remember all the wonderful things about her life: her love for her husband had slowly faded with the passage of time and meeting Celebros... but it had still been a wonderful love. Her dedication to the Archers and to Elruwen had brought her further responsibility, too. Tucked inside her left forearm just below the elbow was the other missing silmarillion... she and Elruwen each carried one. She kept her arm tucked against her side, hiding the glow that crept though her translucent skin as the stone responded to the increased energy around it. So far, none but the few members of the Archers knew she carried it...

[Edited on 17/4/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 11:24
Vana squinted as a light seemed to shine in Elerrina's mind. She almost looked away, certain she would go blind, but she realized the light was not seen with her own eyes, but through Elerrina's memories. Carefully, Vana struggled to understand what the light meant...when it hit her. "You also bear a Silmaril," she whispered, realizing what this meant. "You and Elruwen. Two of the three Silmarils rest here." Vana's face was etched with surprise.

After another moment, Vana felt the linking she had felt moments before with Elruwen, and she lifted her eyebrows, unsure whether it was safe to look away now or not.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 10:03
"Yes we have two of the three Silmarils, the third is bound to Earendil's forehead and has been for many an age." Elruwen smiled "These two were recovered by chance, one washed up upon the shore and the other was found....my memory fails me I can't remember where the second one was found. It will come back to me in a moment."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 05:29
Smiling, but her cheeks still wet with tears, Elerrina took Vana in a sisterly embrace. ~~ Welcome, sister...~~ she said softly to Vana's mind, letting her own mind settle back into its usual privacy of thought and memory. The mind-link didn't mean they were constantly in each others' minds; only by invitation did they share thought or message back and forth to each other.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 07:36
Tears streamed down Vana's face as she returned the embrace whole-heartedly. ~~Thank you,~~ she whispered back mentally.

Even growing up in her own home, she'd never had any close female acquantinces. Her mother had died giving birth to Vana and Vana's oldest sister Avaya had not really been around when Vana was growing up. She didn't fault her natural sister for that, but she also knew she had been missing a part of her heart...until now.

Now, with the addition of the Archers into her family, Vana felt her heart starting to heal.

After a long moment in Elerrina's arms, Vana pulled back and wiped the tears away from her eyes. "What next?" she asked, pulling her composure back around herself.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 11:57
**Elruwen was busy hauling the huge leather bound tomes onto the counter.**

"The next stage is this lot, absorbing the knowledge contained within these pages. You are going to have a nasty headache at the end of it."

**Meanwhile Celebros, still a little miffed that his plans for the afternoon had been scuppered, had gone back into the workshop and continued work on his newest commision, an icy burst rapier.**

~~You will be staying here tonight, won't you my sweet?~~ Celebros messaged Elerrina
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 04:27
~~Yes, I'll stay. I don't think I'm needed at Mirivana tonight. ~~ She sent him a mental smile and could 'feel' the sensations of the workroom around her. ~~ Warn us before you try to set the Frost spell into the blade, will you, love? Just in case...~~

Elerrina went into the kitchen with the tea she'd brewed with peppermint and willow bark, and put it on the stove to rewarm a bit. She knew Vana's head would feel near to bursting when she gulped all those spells at one sitting. It was confined to just the spells for a new Iniate, but there were still very many. She could hear Elruwen telling Vana how to do the absorbtion once 'Ruwen had opened the way for her with another spell.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 02:38
~~Don't I always?~~ Celebros replied

"What will actually happen, Vana, is that I will cast a spell on you. That spell will last between half a minute and a minute. In that short window of time you will have to place your hands on each of the books in turn in the order I have set them out in, that is how the information is absorbed. Any questions?" Elruwen said
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 07:58
Vana stared at the books for a moment, startled at how thick they were. Shaking herself out of her shock, she shook her head. "Seems simple enough," she replied, taking a couple deep breaths. "In concept, anyway," she added, remembering that Elerrina was making headache tea. "Go ahead and cast the spell...I'm ready." She stretched her hand out and waited for the spell to be cast.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 01:59
(OOC: Hello! I PMed Elruwen and was told I could join in..so here I go lol.)

Macilwen walked down one of the Shire’s many paths and smiled slightly as a warm spring breeze blew into her face. The Shire air always smelled so fresh and clean- the afternoon was perfect for wandering in the fields and enjoying the sunlight.

However Macilwen had other plans. She was in search of the “Archers of the Silver Moon” and knew their location was not far from where she herself was. Before too much time had passed, she spotted a nearby building and made her way over. She knocked gently, and stepped back a pace to wait.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 12:09
"Celebros will you get the door please." Elruwen called "I'm spellcasting."

**Celebros put down his tools and went to open the door.**

"Yes mother I will." Celebros replied

**Elruwen set about casting the spell on Vana, the spell took on the form of a pale white mist, that was so fine it gave the impression that Vana was glowing.**

"Okay Vana, you know what to do." Elruwen smiled "Just remember you need to do them in order and as fast as you can."

**Celebros opened the door**

"Good afternoon miss." he said to Macilwen "How can we help you here at the armoury? Looking for a new bow, a ring commission or are you here to enquire about the Archers?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 08:57
"Thank you." she replied, "I'd have to say the latter. I'm called Macilwen, though usually refered to as Macie. Word of the Archers has reached my ear, and I came here to see if I would be permitted to learn of your Lore- to join the Archers." She watched the elf's face as she spoke, to see if she could catch his reaction.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 10:17
Vana took a deep breath and quickly began placing her glowing hands on the volumes. Her eyes went wide as information flooded her mind. Somehow, she managed to keep her hands moving over the volumes in the very short time she had. At last, the light vanished just as the last book had been touched, and Vana staggered away, holding her throbbing head gingerly.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 07:12
"I think you should better sit down Vana. I don't want you hurting yourself if you pass out." Elruwen said, helping her to a chair

**Celebros extended a hand to Macilwen.**

"I'm Celebros." he smiled "If you don't mind me asking how did you come to hear of us? on of the posters we put up in the near by taverns of from the hobbit discussing the 'strange elven folk in the armoury'?"

~~Mother we have another potential initiate. Her name is Macilwen~~ Celebros messaged her

"I'll be right there Celebros. Elerrina you might want to brew up some more tea. We have a potential intiate by the name of Macilwen." Elruwen said
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:18
"Thanks," Vana gasped, sinking into the chair, still holding her head. ~Any chance that headache tea is ready?~ she messaged Elerrina, wincing as the messaging made her head throb worse.
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 02:36
"It's nice to meet you, Celebros." Macilwen said with a smile, as she shook the hand he held out to her. "I noticed the poster in the tavern, and I also spoke to several of the local hobbits there that night. You seem to have acquired quite the interesting reputation." She laughed, remembering the many tales she had been told about the "unearthly goings-on" that occurred at the armoury.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 07:07
~~ Yes, it's on it's way...~~ Ele messaged Vana from the kitchen. ~~ Just hold on a few more moments for it to take effect after you drink it....~~

Elerrina brought a smaller tray in with the small teapot and one mug, and set them beside Vana. "Here you are; drink it slowly, it's still pretty hot. And there's some honey on the other tray, if you'd like to sweeten it..."

Celebros nicked a pair of cookies from the tray and a quick hug as Ele turned to go back to the kitchen. ~~ Thank you, m'love... it's turned into a busy day, hasn't it?~~ He messaged her, ~~I'm glad you decided to stay!~~

She smiled up at him and returned his hug. "Yes!" Elerrina said aloud. ~~ Another initiate, two in one day?~~ She messaged Elruwen and Celebros. "Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo," she formally greeted the newcomer aloud. "You are Macilwen? I am Elerrina... welcome to the Elvish Armoury. You have come to join us as an Archers iniate? How wonderful..."

~~ More tea... and more headache tea as well, it looks like!~~ She messaged the other three Archers as she turned toward the kitchen.

"And more cookies, please, my sweet... I think Naur got more than I did!" Celebros called to her.

Naur casually sidled closer to the tea trays and lay down again...
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 09:44
"Thanks," Vana said, smiling gratefully at Elerrina. Blowing on the hot liquid, Vana carefully took a sip and winced as it burned her mouth. With what was left of her scarred taste buds, she noticed that the tea was already unusually delicious for a healing tea. 'Elerrina has a gift for this,' she thought wryly, remembering Elrond's not-so-tasty healing teas.

Once the tea had cooled down a bit more, Vana took a deep drink and swallowed, closing her eyes. The liquid took affect almost immediately, dispelling the throbbing headache and allowing Vana to think clearly. Still holding the mug, Vana got up and headed for the kitchen where Elerrina worked over a small oven. "That is delicious tea, Elerrina," she commented. "How do you make it so good?" She nicked a cookie and nibbled on it as she waited for the older elf to answer.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 11:48
**Elruwen walked over to Macilwen and Celebros**

"Ah you must be Macilwen yes? The potential initiate Celebros just told me about." she smiled extending a hand. "Welcome to the Elvish Armoury, my home and the training grounds of the archers. Please take a seat while I sort a few things out. Feel free to oust Naur out of the chair if you need to, he won't mind."

"Celebros I'd get back to the forge before something explodes." Elruwen laughed "You might want to cool it down a bit."

"Will do mother. Just keep Naur away from the cookies." Celebros replied
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 12:49
"Mae govannen, Elerrina, and thank you for you kind welcome." Macilwen replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you!"

At that point, another elf walked over and greeted her, saying "Ah you must be Macilwen yes? The potential initiate Celebros just told me about. Welcome to the Elvish Armoury, my home and the training grounds of the archers. Please take a seat while I sort a few things out. Feel free to oust Naur out of the chair if you need to, he won't mind."

Macilwen nodded her head in greeting. "Are you then Elruwen?" she asked then, while stepping into the room, and looking around curiously.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 10:23
"Yes I'm Elruwen." she smiled

"Don't shut the door! Stray lightening bolt! DUCK!" Celebros yelled

**Elruwen dived for cover pulling Macilwen with her**

"Sorry about this" she said

**Sure enough a lightening bolt zipped out of the workshop making loud crackling noises as it went, out of the door and into the first solid object, in this case a fair sized bolder, in its path. It went into the rock and caused it to explode with a loud bang**

"Right, that is the last time I use a scroll in the imbuing process..." Celebros muttered to himself. "Sorry about that everyone."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 08:02
Elerrina smiled at Vana, remembering her own initiation all too well. "I learned a lot of herbal lore from my mother and more here with Elruwen's help. It really doesn't take too much to hide the taste of the willow's inner bark... some mint and honey help, and the hybiscus flowers. Sometimes I use chammomille, too, or other herbs and flowers. Yarrow is also good for a headache. I just let my inner guidance decide what is best for the moment... I'm glad you liked it. Your head must be rather better, since you are smiling again!" She smiled, "And interested in the warm cookies, too..."

Naur came wandering in, as if just by accident, but his nose was lifted to that sweet scent of warmed cookies. The town bakery actually made them, but Ele had found she could carefully warm the cold cookies a very few minutes in a warm oven, and they tasted like fresh-baked again. Naur totally approved, though his waistline showed his fondness for cookies and other sweets. He sat patiently by the stove.

~~ Soon?~~ He messaged Elerrina. ~~ They smell just about done.~~

"Yes," Elerrina spoke aloud to him. "Remind me in a minute..." She got busy getting the tea kettle filled and back on the stove to warm, adding a couple more pieces of wood to the fire box.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 02:14
Vana ducked her head a bit to hide her grin. She felt oddly warmed by Elerrina's gentle joking. She felt a warm, furry body squeeze by her, and she looked down, startled to see the wolf she'd noticed earlier enter the kitchen and sit by the stove. He looked at Elerrina as if he was saying something, and to Vana's surprise, Elerrina replied out loud, "Yes. Remind me in a minute..." and turned her back on the wolf.

Vana made sure to close her mouth before Elerrina turned back around. Deciding that was just one more oddity, Vana filed it away and switched to a different topic. "Do you think you could teach me about herb lore? I have learned a little, but I don't know a lot and I want to know more."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 02:09
~~Don't look so shocked Vana~~ Naur messaged her ~~I'm not you're average wolf.~~

"Are you alright in there Celebros?" Elruwen called to him

"I'm fine mother, how are you, the archers and the rest of the building doing?"

"We're fine, but the boulders outside are...shall we say, non-existant." she laughed
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 04:59
"Hmm... well, I'll be happy to share what I know, Vana... but there are teachers far more knowledgeable than I am," Elerrina said as she took more cookies out of the oven and put them on a plate. "Elruwen also has many potions you'll learn to brew and bottle."

Naur politely waited, after messaging Ele to please hand him a cookie, rather than make him take it with his mouth from the plate. He could also give things a mental nudge, but he didn't want to let all his secrets out at once. His three friends had discovered his talent, but he was hoping they'd forgotten about it...

Ele held the plate out to Vana first, then the others, not neglecting to hand one to Naur.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 07:52
Vana started as a musky kind of voice sounded in her head. It was identified as Naur's by the words. Vana sent back, ~~Just give me time, I'll get use to all of this.~~

Vana smiled at Elerrina. "I'd like to learn whatever you can teach me," she said, accepting a cookie and nibbling on it. "I've always liked herbs and helping people with them, even when I didn't know what they were for specifically."
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 01:53
(OOC: Just a note- I had my old account deleted and this is my new name lol. Same person/different account! *posts this just so no one wonders why Nyereven is taking Macilwen over*)

Macilwen rose to her feet, and looked outside, through the open door. To her astonishment she saw that the large boulders which had stood there only moments before, had been completely demolished! That must be a powerful spell to do that kind of damage. She thought to herself. Oh well, at least it hit the rocks, and no one else!

"Well, that was a little close!" she said out loud with a laugh, after pausing a moment. "Does this sort of occurrence happen regularly?"

[Edited on 10/5/2004 by Nyérëven]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2004 10:54
((OOC: either way its good to see you back))

"I suppose that really depends on what time of day you are down here and whether or not Celebros is experimenting with imbuing new spell combinations into various weapons and shields. It also depends on what spells the younger initiates are practicing I know of one who has a habit of inducing thunderstorms everytime he tries to cast a lightening using spell." Elruwen laughed

**She picked herself up and gave Macilwen a helping hand.**

**The sounds of metal against metal continued to ring out from the workshop along with the almost comforting roar of the forge fire.**

~~You have all the time in the world, don't you worry about that, Vana.~~ Naur messaged her

**Naur was soon back to his old tricks levitating cookies from the plate and into his mouth while people were looking elsewhere.**

"Naur, save some of the cookies for me you little glutton!" Celebros laughed
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 07:16
Vana chuckled and pretended to look elsewhere. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something moving and she quickly turned back, her hand darting out to catch the cookie moving towards Naur's mouth.

~~So you can mindspeak and levitate,~~ Vana messaged Naur. ~~What else should I know about, trickster?~~ She managed to convey a smile in the words as she nibbled on the cookie.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 11, 2004 10:02
~~That depends. Hwest the giant eagle ,sitting on the roof, is a bit of a gossip pot. I had a run in with a haunted suit of armour and lost quite a bit of tail fur...~~ he mused
<< First2627282930Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email