Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: C. S. Lewis // Chronicles of Narnia
on: January 14, 2006 05:46
I saw the movie yesterday, it kind of made me wish I had finished the book when I started it years ago. I only read the chapter were Ed is eating the sweets and what not. Well.... they got that part right!!! lol.

Anyway I loved the movie!! It was just .. very enjoyable and tons of fun, may even go see it again! And if it doesn't have a religious message I'll eat my hat!!!
MirkwoodElfCiarrai
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 09:57
Dude. I saw Chronicles of Narnia twice. One a few days ago and the other tonight. Plus, waaaay before the movie was made, I read the books. Man...I was so shocked that they actually stayed with the book. Knowing Hollywood and its Directors and all. This movie was a two thumbs up flim. It truly inspired me ^__^
If you have not yet seen it, or read the books. I seriously you suggest doin it
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 06:38
OK, I take back what I said the other day. I just saw the film and I was really surprised, because I was never impressed by the books. This is the one and only movie that is actually better than its book! (LOTR books and movies are still better, though!)
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 08:14
The DVD is released April 4th! I can't wait!
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 08:19
The DVD is released April 4th! I can't wait!

That early? I thought it wouldn't be released until at least May! Alright! :disco:
justice
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2006 04:58
Hey ya'll! i am a huge fan of all of C.S lewis's works! The Chronicles of Narnia being my favorite! I don't really have a favorite book out of the series...I really like them all the same!

The movie that just came out i thought was very good and i was pleased...I was freaked out about it being cheesy and that they would stray along way away for the book! I might have had heart frailer....Now i cant want for the next one to be aired!
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 04:19
The movie was nominated for three Oscars: Best Make-up, Sound Mixing, and Visual Effects.
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 07:15
It's now official that Prince Caspian is going to be made!
http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=800&dl=8548000

I can't wait!!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2006 06:20
Well, now two edition of the DVD have been released. The Collectors and the regular one.

I've just gotten mine and from what I can see it's pretty darn cool. Some news on Prince Caspian:

http://www.thestonetable.com/articles/339,1.html

http://www.thestonetable.com/articles/341,1.html

http://www.thestonetable.com/articles/333,1.html
RainBow
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 05:04
i've read these books and I loved them! :love:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 05:07
Which one is your favorite?

I love both The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Last Battle.

I even like The Horse and His Boy, though most people don't.
RainBow
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 04:54
Each of them is nice. but The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Magician's Nephew and The Lat Battle are my favourites.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 12:51
The Voyage was so funny when Eustace's journal came into play.

You know, the two I think people like the lest, from what I've heard, is The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 03:33
I heard somewhere else recently ... I think on the narnia fans site that Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader were being filmed together... so that the younger two children don't have the chance to grow up too much between the two
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 03:52
I've checked and I don't see that anywhere.

But they will be doing The Silver Chair & Dawn Treader.
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 09:42
i like all of the Chronicles but i dont know which is my fave.maybe Voyage of the Dawn Treader,i dunno.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2006 05:13
Right now, the sequel has been pushed back to 2008. So it won't compete with some movie called The Water House.

Also, the DVD is the number one DVD of 2006.
GalenaNutumnent
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 11:09
I love Narnia!!!! I've read them all at least four times... I think my favorites are LWW, Prince Caspian, and Horse and His Boy. I think on the Narnia fans site it said that they are pushing up the release date for PC, but they're going film PC, VotDT, and SC back to back, so that will be nice. I can't wait!!!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 05:22
I hope they go to The Last Battle, The Horse and His Boy, and The Magician's Nephew.

I don't really see Horse as racial, but I can see where some people get the idea...
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 07:11
Thread revival time!

The Prince Caspian movie trailer is out http://narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175

i'm really looking forward to it, although there are a few things in it that causes me to be a little sceptical...

[Edited on 5/12/2007 by Mullog]
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 09:29
yesssss!!!! Saw the trailer (five times and counting... :blush: ) and loving it!!!!
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2007 08:35
LOL I think I've seen that trailer about a billion times by now! I'm so excited! I can't wait until the movies comes out. Dawn Treader is scheduled to come out in 2010. If you go to www.imdb.com and type in Chronicles of Narina, you find a whole lot of information on all three movies! I'm so excited!
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: May 01, 2008 05:27
Quoted from the Prince Caspian thread by Narylfiel_Greenleaf:

So how many people are excited about this release?!
I have been counting down for a long time now, hard to believe it's two weeks away!

Same here! I'm so excited!! :disco:

I go to Narnia Web almost every day. There's tons of great stuff there.

Another great site is SpareOom.net.

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2008 08:08
ooh! another Narniawebber! did you know that GlumPuddle (the site admin) does a daily blog on Youtube? it's great insight!
Tulcadhiel_Greenleaf
News Admin & Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 05, 2008 12:13
I love Narnia! My mom started reading them to me a few years ago, I've read em all and loved them ever since. I also loved :love: the movie a couple years ago. I usually don't cry in movies, that was a first for me. :blush: I can't wait til Prince Caspian comes out! It should be awesome. That, along w/ the other books Caspian's in, the Last Battle, and of course, the story w/ horses in, the Horse and his Boy, are my favs.
Galasriniel_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2008 12:14
I love the Narnia books. I actually finished the Horse and his Boy yesterday and am now reading Prince Caspian. My favorite book is probably Prince Caspian. I really can't wait to see the movie. Nine days left I think. :disco:
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: May 11, 2008 07:46
Okay, now that I've finally finished CoN I can finally go through this thread now. (I refused to before, for fear of spoilers! )

I LOOOOOVE Chronicles of Narnia! :love: :love: :love: I got into it after my sister and her roommate and I went to see the LWW movie when it was in theaters. I fell in love with it immediately. I loved the visual effects, the acting, the characters, and especially Aslan.

Last Christmas, my sis gave me this big CoN book with all the books in it and this really cool colored map, and I resolved to read it all before the Prince Caspian movie came out. I finally finished it yesterday, having had a hard time putting down the Last Battle so I could go to bed, dreaming about it all night, and picking it back up the second I woke up. Now I can't wait for Prince Caspian to come out! (5 more days! :disco: ) By the way, does anybody else think Prince Caspian in those pics and trailers are HOTT? :love: :love:

Fave books:
1. Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
2. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
3. The Last Battle (Only 3rd because I didn't want it to end)

Fave characters:

Aslan (of course)
Tumnus (He's so cuuute! :love: )
Mr. and Mrs. Beaver
All the Pevensies, especially Lucy
Reepicheep
Puddleglum
Poggin
Eustace -- when he's good

Fave parts (Warning -- spoilers):

MN: Aslan singing Narnia alive
LWW: Lucy meeting Mr. Tumnus
HHB: Shasta running into Prince Corin and Queen Susan and King Edmund mistaking Shasta for Corin
PC: Lucy seeing Aslan again
VDT: Eustace turning into a dragon and turning back and his personal transformation because of it
SC: The Giant Nurse cooing over Jill. (Even though I don't really trust giants, I'd LOVE to sleep in a giant bedroom!)
LB: The very end, where everybody meets all their friends they've met in the past adventures

RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2008 06:48
honestly, I have alot of issues about Ben Barnes playing Caspian- the main one being that he's too old. Caspian says at the end of teh book "I'm just a kid." Why oh Why did they feel they had to cast him so old?!?!? And he's not that cute... Will Mosley is way cuter :love:
Legsi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2008 09:40
Oh, I love Chronicals of Narnia and Prince Caspian is one of my favourite parts. And tomorrow I'll watch this film :love:
It is strange, but in Russia the premiere of Prince Caspian is on 15 May, while in the whole world it'll be on 16 May. I had a great chance to see the movie on one day earlier, but anyway I'll watch it on 16.
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2008 10:04
Lucky you! In Norway it isn't released until July 2... I have to wait far too long...
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: May 15, 2008 10:17
I'm actually waiting until my sister's birthday (27th) and treating her to it. 11 whole days.... AAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!! I hope I can last that long.

And I still think Ben Barnes as Caspian is Major Hot. :drool: :drool: And Reepicheep looks so cute! I can't wait to see him! :love: :love:
Legsi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2008 08:08
I watched the movie just several hours ago :disco: It is great!!! Oh, I love Reepicheep he is so nice.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: May 16, 2008 08:13
Don'ttlellmeanythingdon'ttellmeanythingdon'ttellmeanything! (puts hands over ears) I'm not listening! LAAALAALALALALA!!!

(Yeah, like I haven't read the book and don't know what happens. )
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: May 22, 2008 11:23
My favorites are Prince Caspian and Dawn Treader.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: May 28, 2008 12:21
Hi CarolP! Long time no see! :hug:

I just got back from seeing Prince Caspian and it's official, I'm in love! See my avi?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email