on: July 06, 2003 05:30
The languages I know in chronological order:

English
German
Sinhalese
Italian
French

a little Quenya XD

And next year I'm starting to learn Latin.
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What languages do we speak?
on: August 10, 2003 08:33
Let's see...I'm fluent in Swedish (first language) Finnish and English. I've studied French for 5 years in school, I understand it but can't really speak much. I understand German quite well even though I've never studied it. And on top of this I can read Spanish and Italian and make sense of Danish and Norwegian because they are similar to Swedish. Puh! that's it I guess.
Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 06:44
I'm fluent in Filipino (aka Tagalog, my first language) and English.
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 08:32
i thought i'd posted in here already... awh well...

ok i speak english because its my first language... although in the mornings when i've just woken up its hard!
i've done french in school, and im about to take it as my language for GCSE.
I dropped german last year, but its mostly still there!

I'd love to learn japanese and russian, but i dont think my brain has the capacity to do so :dizzy:...
Meldon_Pereldar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2003 02:32
Well I am a Norwegian, so I speak Norwegian (duh)

Hilser til ALLE nordmenn\kvinner der ute!

I also speak English (duh again), some German, French and Russian, but not much and now I am trying to learn Sindarin, Celtic and Old Norvegian just for fun!!!
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2003 03:51
i learn languages fast and forget languages fast. and i m the most uncommitted, lazy gurl in the entire of scgs. i nearly flunked chinese tho i can read it perfect and my english tcher is biased against me. stupid person (tryin my best not to use vulgarities k...). in short, i can understand chinese, english and bit of japanese, elvish, korean and german. got influenced by my classmates. lol. ya?
AzniNtEgRaElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2003 09:06
heh... i speak Vietnamese, English and a little bit of Japanese(anime influenced)
Neneithel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 04:16
I'm only really fluent in English and Italian. My Spanish is fairly good. I understand more French and German than I speak. I can muddle through in Welsh and I speak a little Irish. I have begun, at various times to learn Cornish, Greek and Russian, but Greek and Russian defeated me. At the moment I am learning Arabic and Sindarin.

Neneithel
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 08:59
Hi, I speak spanish (I'm form Chile), English, French and a little mapudungun and rapa nui (indian languages from my country, one's from the south, the other is esater island's tongue)
killjoy
Local Drunk, & Guru Swami Extraordinaire
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 04:09
i'm in my 9th year of studying japanese, so you'd THINK i could speak it really well......i can read it fluently and understand pretty much everything that's said to me, but if i hafta say somehting back....eek! i choke!:blush::blush:
Bronwynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 01:46
Well aside from English and gibberish I am in my 5th year of French. I can also speak Welsh and a little bit of Russian and Spanish. I was learning Sindarin, Quenya... basically all the languages from Tolkien I could get my hands on but then didn't have the time because school started. grrrr
behemot
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 06:09
I speak finnish (native), swedish, german, english (wow! guess you figured that out by now...) and just a bit of italian...
And I'm working on sindarin, but I'm not good at it yet (I've read first 3 lessons here). I just don't have time!!!

Sofia, you speak finnish? And so many other languages too... *jealous*
What's your native language? I don't remember, if you mentioned it...
Dínalphien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 06:52
Well, aside from English, I can speak some German, Japanese and Maori. I'm also in my 4th year of learning French.
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 04:48
Ok, since I can't list Sindarin since its Elvish. I can speak a small amount of Swedish, and Spanish. I am hoping to learn Greek and Hebrew in college. Maybe some Italian and French too.
lightning_princess17
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 08:00
I am as fluent in French as I am in English. I also know sign language does that count?
Aranel_Laivinelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2003 08:47
I speak English, Korean, and French as well as Elvish (Yes, it is a language!).

I know how to say I love you in ten different languages...although I don't think that will get me anywhere...

Aura
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2003 06:22
I´m spanish speaker.
Learned english,
tried to learn french,
and Latin was everybody´s nightmare on high school

Would love to learn more the Tolkien languages
sweetoffee14
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 08:17
i speak english, french, sign language if that counts, sindarin and quenya
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2003 01:42
english and dutch. a little bit french and german and some words in italian.
Elfhild
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 11:50
I speak danish, english and a little bit of french, a few words in italian - and don´t remember any words I learned in Latin (who speaks that anyway?), the gramma was okay though.

I would love to learn elvish some day - but that will have to wait due to mush too much work
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 05:28
Well... I'm not fluent, but I speak a little French. I'm currently in French I in my school, and am taking French II next year. That's all for now!

Salut!
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2003 03:52
whooo! *high fiives iLikeLOTRaLittle2much* Francais est super cool! J'adore francais!
I'm in French II right now, and I hope to make it to IV, 'cause then we go to Paris!!! And the I'll come home and skip around and speak fluent french to the many spanish speakers of the world! muahahaha!!!

iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2003 05:01
Moi, aussi, W_L_o_R! C'est genial!

[Edited on 11/25/2003 by iLikeLOTRaLittle2much]
Puppet_Master
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2003 08:47
whooo! *high fiives iLikeLOTRaLittle2much* Francais est super cool! J'adore francais!
I'm in French II right now, and I hope to make it to IV, 'cause then we go to Paris!!! And the I'll come home and skip around and speak fluent french to the many spanish speakers of the world! muahahaha!!!

Eehh, Better speak them in spanish :dizzy: Don´t you think?

[Edited on 25/11/2003 by Puppet_Master]
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2003 12:03
Hi! Bonjour! Hej! :love:

Well, we might as well add another language to the list. I already mentioned I know French and a little Spanish, but right now I am learning Swedish! Its so much fun too!
elvish_starlight
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 09:48
I can speak English, Spinglish, and I can insult people in Spanish which I will not do here. But I am learning Bacce, Huttese, Elvish, Italian, and Ewokese. Star Wars languages if you're wondering. Except Spinglish is like Spanish/English.
elvish_starlight
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 09:52
i can also curse in French... But let's not go into that.
Caerial
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 06:12
Salut!

I'm from the USA, but in high school I studied French for 3 years. Then when I was away at university I had two semesters of it. I really enjoyed learning the French language and would have loved to have learned others languages as well. Unfortunately, my French is not as good as it used to be. I graduated from school in May. Since no one around me speaks French, I've seemed to have lost my 'tongue'. (So to speak) Practice does help!

Bon Nuit!
Camannar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 01:37
Aiya ilquen

I speak English (apparently) and I am learning Quenya (lesson 16 at the Ardalambion course). Quenya is good, if you are going to learn a form of 'elvish' learn Quenya, its the best

Camannar
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 01:47
hmm... simply through study of origins of english (my only really fluent language) i can read spanish and french, and figure out what other people are saying if they're not completly fluent and speaking at the speed of... a fluent spanish speaker... which i learned by trying to figure out what secrets my mom and older siblings were keeping by only saying them in spanish or french... but i can't speak them, so...
I'm applying for high school (freshman year) and i wonder... I'm gonna take a foreign language, and so... wow, this has a lot... spanish, french, german, latin, or japanese... lol, decisions, decisions...probably gonna end up taking the least usable language on there, latin... except usable to figure out other Romance languages
ooh, one of my friends made up O-P ish, and opish, but they're not the same, and we only speak hithg ish, mostly... like, sthgo. Hithit's rtheallthgy qithgitthge hithigeasthgy hithigafthger ythgou gthget thge hthgang hithigof hithigit.
and the same friend made up a sign language, but it involves different ways of holding a waterbottle, and i have no idea how he came up with it... like so, *Vertical shake* *swirl* *tosses bottle over head* would mean something along the lines of "Hello, go fetch" ...
Fhêndil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 12:21
I speak German and English fluently, from German: High German and two dialects (Austrian & Literary). I can write in French, could also talk too, but that pronounciation kills me. Also speak a few words (but rare) in Latin and Hungarian.

Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 05:28
I speak Finnish, Swedish and English fluently.

I used to be fluent in Spanish and French, but I'm a bit rusty now through lack of practice.

Thanks to my Spanish I understand a bit of Italian. Thanks to my Swedish I can read Danish and Norwegian fairly fluently, and speak with Danes and Norwegians as long as both parties speak slowly.

I studied German for 3 years but never got very far as I couldn't get used to ending sentences with a verb.

I've just started learning Quenya, so knowing both Finnish and Spanish should be a big help (Finnish is one of the inspirations to Quenya, and Spanish is close enough to Latin, another inspiration, to help).
Precious!
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 11:26
I'm fluent in German and English. I speak French (more or less, never was good in French at school...), a bit Spanish and a bit Icelandic. I also know Latin, just can't speak it I'm trying to learn Russian and Gaelic, but without much success since I don't have much time
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 02:14
Other than English and Quenya;
-passable Spanish
-tiny amounts of Anglo-Saxon, Adûnaic, Gaelic, Russian, Sindarin, etc.

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by Tyrhael]
Vanwaelen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2004 10:22
Je m'appelle Stephanie ou Van (abréviation Vanwaelen)ou Poe. Je suis americane. Je parle petit francais (Je suis dans Francais Deux). Je prefere parle anglais. Je suis dans Francais National Honors Society. Je ne pas parle espagnol. Je suis seize ans. J'ai brun les cheveux et les yeux. J'ai deux chiens (Daisy et Bilbo). J'adore chocolat!! Ma favori colour bleu. Je veux faire de japonais (Watashi aishiteru gohan. (Don't know if that's right??)) et autre langues. Je ecoute certains japonais music.

Pensée juste je pratiquerais mon français.

For those who haven't the foggiest idea what I wrote ( :dizzy: ), here's a translation.

Translation:
My name is Stephanie or Van (short for Vanwaelen) or Poe. I am American. I speak little French ( I am in French 2). I prefere to speak English. I am in the French National Honors Society. I do not speak Spanish. I am sixteen years old. I have dark brown hair and eyes. I have two dogs (Daisy and Bilibo). I love chocolate!! My favorite color is blue. I want to learn Japanese (I love rice.) and other languages. I listen to some japanese music.
Just thought I'd practice my French.

[Edited on 13/3/2004 by Vanwaelen]
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email