Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
QueenOfTheDead
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: What's on your Desktop?
on: August 03, 2004 03:22
He's adorable, ShyHobbit!!! Did you get him at a "puppy mill"? usually the dogs there are unhealthy and stuff...I heard that a lady bought 2 puppies and when she got out of the driveway of the puppy mill...then they both died...talk about horrible!!

And now I am using a King of the Dead Desktop that I made...lol
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 05:58
Lady~Eowyn ~ Thank you for the compliment. Lake Tahoe is at the *elbow* where California meets Nevada in this map.

Aha! That's why it sounded so familiar, I have been to California before. Although I still can't remember if I've been there before. I'll have to ask my dad.
ILoveHaldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 03:38
I have Amy Lee on my desktop.
Ichange it so much I propably change once a week. No telling what OI'll have next.
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 11:30
mine's got...
big pics of...

Hugo, Cate, Miranda, David

Black and White Cubism...

And little green titles:

"Aussie Pride"

Aussie's 4 Athens! YAY!
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 10:01

i love this desktop, i've had it forever!:love: Its a picture of lothlorien concept art. Here's the link:

http://www.laurelindorenan.com/C.A.%20Lothlorien.jpg

[Edited on 8/4/04 by AranelOfLorien]
eldride
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 10:04
is that the one in Rivendell?

it's really pretty!!
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 10:07
nope its lothlorien concept art.
DimpleToadfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 11:02
This is what I have at the moment:

http://www.virtualhebrides.com/Free_Desktop_Wallpaper/Free%20Desktop%20Wallpaper%2011_1024.htm

I tried to upload the .jpg onto the thread, but I couldn't figure it out.
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 03:56
No, Queen. Our neighbor's dog had 11 puppies. He's the only one that's died though My dad saw the desktop today and went "Awww, he really was pretty". Got any idea how often my dad does that? So Gus will stay for a good long while.

I had the four hobbits on my desktop where I used to work. Sometimes I wonder if they're still there, since no one at that office seemed to know how to operate a computer. They were amazed I could "change the scene" on my computer. I'd love to have something LotR related at home, but my parents wouldn't like it very much.
~Elfstone~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 05:21
I have a pic of Eric Bana in Troy :drool:
QueenOfTheDead
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 03:05
Awe...thats terrible, Shyhobbit! :sob:

Right now on this computer I am using a picture of my dog...who is 6 years old...and a 3 pound Yorkie...and we got her at a puppy mill...(very bad and irrisponsible breeder! :angry: ) She has an overbite and a pettelar luxation (Sp? lol)...in other words a kneecap problem...lol...
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 04:09
Eeep! Poor baby! A patellar subluxation means the knee cap doesn't track right which wears away the cartilage. If your avatar is the Yorkie, she's adorable! Too bad about those breeders. *sigh*

My desktop at work has Arwen and Elrond when they realize her mortality is irreversible (such a sad scene). At home I have one of the Dunmer nomad camps called Zainab, from the Morrowind Game of the Year. Gotta love those Dark Elves. Heh.. Cool PC game. I switch about every couple of months.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 05:01
Mine is a wallpaper I made of that one scene with Merry and Pippin when Merry asks him, "How many did you eat?" and Pippin says, "Four" and that lovely sound after wards . I like it. :drool: maybe because it has Pippin in it. lol
eldride
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 07, 2004 01:04
i finally changed mine to the concept art of lothlorien. its soo pretty. i got it from the official Lotr site lordoftherings.net

gollum started gettting a wee bit boring!

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by eldride]
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 08:04
I have the same frodo picture as is in my avatar (am not obsessed, am not obsessed ) for my desktop. My screensaver is one I made myself, and has Elijah wood and Frodo pictures, as well as some of Eissman's artwork. Basicly, whenever I find a pic I like I stick it in my screensaver
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 09:11
I have a desktop from www.shipofdreams.net. Its two pictures of Eowyn, with one faded, on a grey background.
I used to have problems with parents and my sister controlling the desktop, but now we each have separate users.
Lannorui
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 04:10
I use my precious Haldir wallpaper. I tend to change the Haldir wallpapers, but I have left this one because I like it so much.

Huggles
Lann
Samwisefan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 07:06
My wallpaper is of Sam.
lotr_freak17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2004 03:12
I change my wallpaper a lot, but currently, on my desktop, it is a collage of Elijah that i made. I usually switch between collages of Elijah, Dom, Billy, & Sean A. On my laptop it is a collage that i made of Merry & Pippin.
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 12:15
An Aragorn/Paths Of The Dead wallpaper with the text:

Where now are the Dúnedain, Elessar, Elessar?
Why do thy kinsfolk wander afar?
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth,
And the Grey Company ride from the North,
But dark is the path appointed for thee:

The Dead watch the road that leads to the Sea.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 05:49
here it's just blue *is sad* but at my mom's I usually use something from my pics file. hmmm... right now over there it's a very nice picture of Karl (as Cupid) all surrounded by black swirlies and grey mist and stuff. Or one of Ted Nasmith's work, "Grey Havens", "Moonlight" and "At the Fords" over "The Sea".
TheWhite~Istar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 06:34
Untill some two weeks ago, I had the official LOTR ROTK cover. Now, I changed it to a combination of Gandalf and Gil-Galad.
~Aldarion
Greenmagik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 11:26
My desktop is weird its a mixture of Angel, Holtz, Chandler (friends) and pictures of all my dogs.
DimpleToadfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 08:55
You've GOTTA see this!!

http://www.randburg.is/background_images/downloads/myvatn_1280x1024.JPG

It's a lake in Iceland. Lake Myvatn.
eldride
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 08:58
WOW!! thats really prety!!!
Conuiren_of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 10:40
My desktop is a slightly naff looking home made wallpaper of Faramir that I did using the basic paint function on my computer. I've got a proper program for messing about with photos now so I'm gonna have another go (when I've learned how to use the dang thing anyway!)

Lovely photo of Lake Myvatn though! I love the way the light shines on the water.
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 10:50
I'm using webshots because there's so much stuff I like. I have a little of everything show up randomly. Sometimes I just sit and watch the screensaver play too. The newest version of the picture book.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 11:05
Right now (and most of the time) it has been the film image of Sam leading Bill the Pony towards Cadaras (sp???). It is a stunning picture which people think I took in Iceland. (Sometimes they wonder if the guy is my boyfriend. )

Other images that sometimes get used in there:

The Icelandic town of Akureyri in Eyjafjörður Fjord.

Image from "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" of Spirit watching over his herd in the Glacier Park

Line drawing of the Armenian hero Davit of Saskun riding his mythical steed of the air, Dzalali.

Photo taken of a "Long Rider"- a person who makes long journeys on horseback. This guy was an Irishman who was riding through Pakistan on a beautiful blue dun horse. The mountain scenery was so awesome!

But, mostly, it is Bill and Sam... something for me to drool over until I can go horse trekking in the New Zealand Alps.

elvenmaidofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 01:34
yup, you spelled Caradhras wrong!

Current image is picture of Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kagome. I changed it.
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 02:10
My desktop is Shadowfax with a pic. of Gandalf taken from the lordoftherings.net.

Boootiful Horse. :heart:
metafiziclywinklefwee
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2004 09:02
i have a pic of Angel from Season 5
anything_but_ordinary
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 07:14
Currently it's a pic of the Peanuts (gotta love 'em). It's always a picture of a cartoon character, or a Lord of the Rings Character.
Miriel81589
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 10:40
Depends on my mood. I was sick of only having offical pictures for my desktop, so I went to a few wallpaper websites and went nuts. :disco::disco::disco::disco: So my desktop changes once a week, maybe more.

I highly reccomend http://cmbrewer.webspace.fish.co.uk/ and http://www.shipofdreams.btinternet.co.uk/. Enjoy!
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 05:39
I love Webshots! My wallpaper and screensaver are random images I picked from Webshots. There's several lovely landscapes (birch forest, ferns, alpine meadow, seascapes), some beautiful horse pics, a cat or two...and a close-up of a gorgeous white rose with dew on it.

I also love Webshot . I used the Webshot setup and made a LOTR folder, Frodo folder, Elijah Wood folder, And Cast and Crew folder. I've made them to be my Screen saver.
Right now I have a beautiful picture of Elijah Wood as my wallpaper :drool: :drool: :drool:.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 10:38
In my laptop, I'm using a closeup of a dahlia flower from Webshots. There are lots of nice pics in that site.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email