Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
magickdraigh2002
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What's on your Desktop?
on: September 02, 2004 09:41
Mine is of Rivendell. The scene in FOTR when Frodo goes out onto the balcony and looks around, the scene pans out so you get a great view od Rivendell. Brightens up my desktop
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 05:42
My desktop has a pic of a scene in Revenge of the Sith...at least I hope its in Ep.3. It is suppose to be the part when Anakin gets out of their bed and Padme gets up to talk to him.
Dior
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 08:59
I've got a USAF AC-130 Spectre over the Mediteranean on my desktop. (That's what I want to fly someday)
As far as Tolkien desktops I really love Ted Nasmith's "Shores of Valinor" and "Earendil".
Vingilot~sailor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 10:03
At this current moment I have a pic of Frodo holding the Starglass. I change it quite often though....in fact I might change it before I get of the comp today.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 10:42
I love my desktop..it's the original, first teaser poster that came out for FoTR...."Power can be held in the smallest of things."
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 10:54
Right now my desktop is solid red with a little cartoon cardinal in the bottom right corner holding a magic want and wearing a purple wizard costume. (He thinks he's Merlin.) :rolling: It's the school computer, so I can't change it...
Benni_Ternander
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 12:50
Mine is a picture of a glass of piemonade that says: Cool, Refreshing, Piemonade!!!
I also have a matching screensaver that says: When life throws pies at you, you make yourself a big glass of piemonade!
...my desktop changes often...
SHADOWFAX9043
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 01:30
an LOTR collage i made
prophet_de_doom
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 01:34
A collage of Piccs of Billy Boyd
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 01:02
On my computer at school I change it every class. I went from ringwraiths, to kodama (from Princess Mononoke), to dragons, to the ring, to hamtaro, to a grassy hill. lol
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 03:02
well it just now became this: http://camilkuo.com/zcg41wp.jpg
but it was this:
My puppy, Ranger. She's half collie half black lab. She was a surprise. Lady, our collie wasn't eating for a few days, then TADAAAAA Ranger appeared. We didn't know Lady was expecting. There was one other puppy besides Rane, but I heard it was stillborn, it wasn't fully formed. Yes, when we first acquired Lady, we took her in to be fixed, but she had already been fixed. Apparently the sugery either didn't take, or the tissue reginerated. Thus Ranger was born. And yes, both Ranger and Lady have been fixed. Or in Lady's case, refixed.
She'll be a year old on June 21, 2005

http://www.mysticwicks.com/photoalbum/displayimage.php?album=138&pos=1
smeagolsverybestfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:46
Boy Meets World of course!
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 02:21
Oooo... At home, I have a splendid Gandalf now (after many other characters!) and a map of the Middle Earth (I have 2 Windows installed). At the office - a gorgeous Arwen (I had a pic of Bilbo holding Frodo for a long time and then a image of Bilbo only, and then a Luthien dancing amid the trees). I never know which pic to choose!!!:love:
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 09:17
Oooh... I love my desktop. :love:

I spent some time in Paint, and created mine myself. I got pictures of everything I like (LotR, ER, Lost, snow, scenery, purple, hobbits, and potatoes - yes, potatoes ) and I've stuck it all on one black page and applied it as a desktop.

It's all the things I love, on one gorgeous page. :love:
haldirparker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 07:05
A really cool band called Blindside
Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 08:16
I've got a really tite looking map of the entire area of Arda with Beleriand, Numenor, and Valinor attached. I love it to bits and someday I'm going to make a big copy of it. But not today. For this day I have homework.

Oy.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 06:40
Well, I USED to have Jack-Jack (from "The Incredibles") wallpaper on my laptop, but it's being fixed and has totally new hard drive, so that desktop is long gone. But on our other computer, we have a picture of Marlin and Dory surfing with Crush.
Darth_Pippin1
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 11:37
I have Star Wars Episode III wallpaper. It's Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling. I also have an Episode III countdown clock, a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince countdown clock, and an Eldest (the sequel to the book Eragon) countdown clock. As you can see, I like countdowns
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:01
*lol* Hey Mrs. Darth, how do you put up those countdown clocks on your pc?
Darth_Pippin1
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:50
Well for the HBP one you go to www.mugglenet.com and you'll see it hanging up there. There will be a link that says "Download Clock" or something like that. You click on it and follow directions and there you have it

Just so you know (it took me ages to figure out), you can only move it by clicking and holding the grey bar and then moving it
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 12:24
My laptop's desktop is the Premier magazines b/w photo of the hobbits in these really spiffy suits. My bigger, main computer has Charlie/Dom on it. Lotr-related wallpapers are never far from my desktop
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 06:35
Well for the HBP one you go to www.mugglenet.com and you'll see it hanging up there. There will be a link that says "Download Clock" or something like that. You click on it and follow directions and there you have it

Just so you know (it took me ages to figure out), you can only move it by clicking and holding the grey bar and then moving it

Awesome!! Thankies!! :hug: :hug:
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 11:37
Lannorui, funny to see you're using that wallpaper! I made that two years ago

My wallpaper currently futures the ROTK poster
http://www.lordoftherings.net/media/desktops/teaser_theatrical_1024.jpg.
LOVE it!!! I might change it for the "Dark Nine" one I made last year
http://www.councilofelrond.com/downloads/wallpaper/the_nine2.jpg

GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 12:34
Well. as I'm using a college computer (supposedly doing Psychology coursework), here's the really fun one we have
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/xfuneral_in_carpathiax/desktop.bmp
*mock laugh* This college - I'll give it 11/10 for wackiness!!

[Edited on 22/4/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]
lanfear
Craziness' Guidance Counsellor
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 11:31
I have the Ted Nasmith Night In The Shire picture on mine at the minute it is so lovely just to sit and look at. You can almost imagine being stood with the Hobbits looking at that brilliant view
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 07:44
Wow!!! Lanfear, that's beautiful!!!! I couldn't help commenting on it.
Adablaer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 01:01
On my desktop is a scene from RotK the Extended Edition where Éowyn is lying down telling Aragorn about her dream, and Aragorn is kneeling down beside her and holding her hand. I just saw the picture and loved it, and put it as my desktop. I don't remember which site it's from. But that was one of my favorite scenes in the movie so I'm glad I found a nice pic for it.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 02:08
I currently have a picture of Rossetti's My Lady Greensleeves on the desktop, although I had to change from this lovely piece of art because it was too disturbing for my cousin. (Tintánie, if you ever read this... )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/xfuneral_in_carpathiax/desktop.bmp

Oh yes -- my old school was just as innovative and imaginative.

[Edited on 15/6/2005 by Fíriel]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 07:42
We now have a new desktop on our central computer: a pic of Marvin the Martian holding a basketball (from Space Jam). Don't ask... heh...

Firiel: Wow.....beautiful pics! Too bad you had to get rid of the other one.... :banghead:

[Edited on 14/7/2005 by foolofatook~]
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 11:32
Well, I have a picture of Lothlorien.:love:
Faero
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 05:45
My desktop.

I think I'll change it soon, though.
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 09:36
I have Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum from 'Phantom of the Opera'.
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 10:13
I've got some pictures I took in NZ. Me in hobbiton, me in Tongariro National Park, me in the Abel Tasman National Park and a close up of a fern Oh, and in the middle there's a kiwi. I love those!
white_tower
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 12:30
I have a picture of my friend making a crazy face. I made him take the picture and send it to me. It's quite hilarious!
Mara
Chiquita Banana
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 04:56
This is my desktop. Anyone recognize the guy? How 'bout the Van? I'm such a child of the 80's, lol. It's Howlin' Mad Murdock and the A-team Van! My desktop changes all the time, though, so who knows what it'll be next
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email