Register

<< First3637383940Last >>
Author Topic:
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Darkening of Mirkwood
on: September 04, 2005 05:23
Dark Sarac walked out of the fortress, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. He walked north aways until Narya came thundering up to him.

"Ah," he said drawing his sword. "Just the Elf I wanted to see."

"Feeling's mutual," she said getting off the horse and sending it off. "So not even good enough for the Ringwraith's are you?" she said walking towards him.

"Good enough to kill one of them," he said raising his sword. "Of course he didn't get a taste of me. Got you good though." Narya was frozen for a second and Dark Sarac used it. He brought his sword slashing down, slicing Narya exactly where the Witchking had. Then he licked the blood off of his sword.
"And what a good piece it is." Narya swung at him and the fight was on.

Sarmer, Galathil and the twins were all sitting around a table. A ring was made with Illyrian powder with the Orb of Luos in the middle. Galathil opened the book and held his hand out over the orb and began to chant in the high tounge of Valinor

Not of the dead
Nor not of the living
Spirits of Mandos I call

Dark Sarac and Narya were fighting like animals. There swords were like extended parts of their arms. No one had a clear advantage and sweat was pouring off of both of them.

"Oh come on Narya!" Dark Sarac shouted. "You really think you can beat me?"

Narya slugged him across the face making him spin to the ground.
"Yes I do!" She swung her sword down but Dark Sarac rolled and kicked her in the back before getting to his feet and kicking her again.

The Orb of Luos began glowing as Galathil kept chanting.

Gods bind him
Cast his heart from this evil realm
Let this Orb be the vessel to bind his soul to us!

With those words the Muo-Ping slowly filled with a ghostly white substance.

"Is that?" asked Sarmer.

"His soul..." said the twins in unison.

Galthil stood and handed the book to Sarmer.
"You're his family, you have to cast the soul on him." Sarmer looked at the text and started to read.

You can't win!" shouted Narya. "I have more power than you can imagine!"

"I'll believe it when I see it." shouted Dark Sarac swinging his sword like a madman at her. She was blocking him but he was giving her no time to attack.
"Come on," he yelled. "Fight back!" Narya tried to go on the offense but the rage and hate controlled Dark Sarac and was fueling a fire that it would take a lot to extinguish. "I thought you had power Narya, I thought you were strong! You're not an opponent, you're a waste of my time!"

Sarmer began chanting to the Muo-Ping, praying to the Valar this would work.

So it shall be!
So it shall be!
Now!

After he shouted "now" The Muo Ping, which housed Sarac's soul shook as the ghostly substance flew out and south.

Dark Sarac kicked Narya so hard she flew up against a tree. Dark Sarac advanced on her, she was weaponless and he still had his broadsword.
"So this is how it ends." he said. "No weapons... no friends... what's left?" He swung his blade but she caught it in her palms.

"Me," she said. She pushed upward and the hilt of the sword struck Dark Sarac in the head. He staggered backward, dropping his sword. Narya picked it up and struck him in the chest with the hilt, and when he doubled over in pain, she struck him on the head and he fell to his knees. Narya brought the sword around and was ready to take off Dark Sarac's head when suddenely something happened.

Sarac's eyes and mouth emitted a red light that was brighter than anything she'd ever seen. His soul was back. Sarac sat up for a single second before he fell to the ground... crying.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 02:49
Narya stood watching Sarac. Her gaze was wary. He'd pretended to be back before, he could be doing it again. She finally stepped forward. "Stand up!" She commanded. He stood up slowly. Her eyes still hardened, she searched his own eyes. A single flicker of hatred or anger would give Dark Sarac away.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 10:58
Sarac stood up but kept his eyes on the ground. He couldn't stand to look at Narya, not after what he had done.

"Look at me." she said sternly. Sarac did nothing. He was still trying to take in everything that he had done. grabbing Narya, knocking out Elladan, beating the stuffing out of most of the people in the castle, hurting Aerhiril and Pete. Trying to ally himself with the Nazgul.... it was all to much.

"Look at me!" she said loudly.

"I can't," said Sarac softly. "Not after what I did to you, to everyone."

"You remember?" she said. "What he did?"

"No," said Sarac. "What I did. Knocking out Elladan, tricking you into let me out. Hurting... everyone. Coming here and trying to gather an army. Oh Eru... I'm so sorry."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 10:28
Narya frowned. "Sorry isn't good enough Sarac. I always thought that you were strong. But I guess if you can't control your other half, you can't be as strong as that." Blood from her re-opened scar was dripping into her eyes.
"You know, it's strange really. You're the only one who's ever managed to frighten me. Just now, before your soul returned..I knew I couldn't kill you. How could I? I couldn't stand the thought of not having you alive, even if it meant the other you. I knew it, and he knew it too. It scared me that I didn't have the courage to kill you." She sighed.

"I knew there was still hope. I knew it right at the beginning. He recognized my cloak. He couldn't have done that without you. You were still around somewhere." She paused. "Quite frankly, I'm surprised you remembered." A small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. Despite how angry she had been with him a few moments ago, it was slipping away quickly.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 12:56
"I know that sorry isn't enough. Nothing's enough for what I did. Nothing can ever make up for it. But you're wrong. First off I wasn't there anywhere. The only reason I remember what I did was because it's now in my memory. I can't remember doing any of it myself. Second Dark Sarac recognized the cloak because he knew what we did. He was there when... it happened."

"What are you saying?" she asked, looking at him suspiciously.

"I'm saying that Dark Sarac sees everything I do, everyone I talk to, anything I kill or hurt. He's always in me, even now I can hear him raging about you. He wanted to kill you more than anything, even more than being free again."

"Why?"

"Because you're what keeps me going Narya. The fact that I might see you smile again or even feel the warmth of your touch again. He hates you for that. He hates you because if anything happens and I snap he takes over. Which is why I keep coming back so I don't snap and unleash him on the world."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 10:24
Narya couldn't think how to reply to that. She moved towards him, and hugged him tightly, although she doubted it would mean that much to him. "Oh Sarac..." she whispered. "I hated him, I really did. What if he comes back? I won't be able to kill him. And he knows that. I won't hold off."

(sorry, suffering a bit form writer's block)
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 10:46
Sarac hugged her back.
"As long as your alive, as long as I know you're safe he's never getting out again. I swear it."

They broke their hug and stood there for a ong while before Sarac said. "I need to go back to the castle. I don't know how I can apologize to them though. But I need to go back."
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 01:29
Pete woke slowly to find that he was in the healing wards of Mirkwood. "Ooo- My head-" he groaned as he tried to sit up. He put his hand to his forehead and tried to recall what had happened.

"Sarac." He frowned and looked around to see if he could spot Elrohir or Aerhíril in any of the neighboring beds, but there was no sight of either of them. Perhaps they got him back here without being seriously injured themselves. Or at least, that's what he hoped had happened. The Hobbit wanted to get up but knew that his head would not cope with the movement, so he slowly lowered himself back down into his pillow instead.

He couldn't believe what the elf had done to Elrohir and then to him. "Bloody elves-" he grumbled to himself as he stared up at the ceiling. It was at times like this when he realised just how much he missed the merry nature of his fellow kin; Hobbits. He sighed as he began to think of home.

MODERATOR'S NOTE.......................
As you should by now be aware, new guidelines have been established for role-playing in the Tolkien-Related forum. The guidelines have established what is considered to be suitable for Tolkien’s world – and what clearly belongs in another world – in terms of characters, settings, abilities, language, dress, weaponry, animals, and most importantly, plot or storyline.

In an effort to ensure that the TR forum players are adapting to these guidelines, the moderators are keeping a very close eye on role-plays to attempt to prevent any straying into NT territory. It has been our experience that a more practiced player very easily influences new players – and this influence frequently leads the role-play into NT areas. This can result in an unacceptable situation for all involved, most especially the beginner of the thread, whose initial storyline is lead off track and into NT territory.

We have noticed that the posts in this thread have become very much directed towards NT.

Please accept this as a serious suggestion to guide the direction of this thread back to TR with appropriate adjustments and amendments, and note that we will be enforcing the guidelines in all TR threads. Those threads that persist in NT behavior will be removed from this forum to MonkeyGames within the next week (see "Announcement-transferring threads to Monkeygames" at the top of the TR Forum).

Thanks,
The RPG Moderators

[Edited on 7/9/2005 by berethedhellen]

[Edited on 7/9/2005 by berethedhellen]
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 11:19
(right guys. In light of the mod's note, I suggest we start thinking seriously about ways to make this thread more tolkien related. Any suggestions would be welcomed )

Narya nodded. "I can get you back soon." She wiped some blood away using the back of her hand, and then whistled, the sort of sound a trainer might use with a dog. It only took a few minutes for her horse to trot into their view. He surveyed Sarac with a less then impressed look before moving slowly towards Narya. She laughed. "Well Sarac, it looks as if you'll have to make it up to him before he'll take you back to the castle!"
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 04:11
Elwyn smiled at Thorongil, then tossed him one of the apples she carried with her. "Whatever you want, you shall recieve.." she said with a wink. They chatted under the soft morning sun, and as the day grew on so did their pace. They both wanted to make it past the Anduin before nightfall.

Ahead in the distance they heard the roar of the rushing waters, and stopped briefly to listen. It was odd traveling without the rest of their company, and equally as different without the everpresent threat of being attacked. Elwyn breathed in deeply and held her breath, releasing it slowly a few moments later.

"Night will be here soon.." she said, looking over her shoulder to Thorongil. He nodded with a small grin, then suggested they atleast make it to the other side of the river before camping for the night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, Elladan, and Aerhiril walked hurriedly back to the healing ward. They had all became equally concerned about Pete's health. Rushing through the door, they saw him sitting up, his hands rested against his forehead.

"Pete!" Elrohir said, smiling...
Aerhiril released his hand and went to her small friend.
"How do you feel?" was asked by all.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 10:47
" We should cross the River, " Thorongil said and pointed out west where the Sun sank swiftly. " Shall I build a ship or do we intend to fly across the Anduin? " he asked.

His toes touched the cold water and the great and mighty Ranger of the North shivered. " You don't want us to swim, do you? " His eyes turned to Elwyn, who always knew what to do, and smiled. " Give us some of your wonderful ideas, my dear. "
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 04:54
Sarac smiled grimly. "I'll walk." he said. "I don't even think Ramsey would let me ride her. Besides I need to think."

Sarac turned without another word started walking back towards the palace. When he finally got there he saw Narya trying to hold a storm that consisted of Elladan, Elrohir, and Galathil. Sarac sighed, this was going to to be bad.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 04:37
Elwyn paused for a moment, looking silently into the rushing waters. "Perhaps we should continue south, following the river until we reach a point shallow enough to cross on horseback?" she remembered back to their previous journey to Minas Tirith. They had crossed the river near the southern most ends of Mirkwood. "Remember...months ago we traveled across the great river, after the battle at Dol Guldur..." she smiled coyly.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 07:44
Pete smiled as Aerhíril rushed over to him, and then turned his attention to all his friends. "Alright I suppose." He sighed. "Just a little shaken, that's all." He rubbed his head tenderly and looked around. "So are you all OK then? What happened?" He asked. Aerhíril hugged him softly and then knelt by his bed. The twins approached also, and tried to explain what had happened. But the hobbit didn't take much of it in.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "But I've got a killer headache." He grinned and then looked at the two newlyweds. "So-" he chirped. "How's the honeymoon going?"
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 08:21
Thorongil nodded, recalling the events many a week ago.
He turned his horse back south and took a deep breath. "Then let us hurry, Elwyn, " he said, " I cannot wait much longer. " After those words he raced off south with an amazing speed, leaving the woods behind him.

ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 08:31
"Honeymoon..?" Elladan said, his eyes grew large as he looked to the faces of Aerhiril and Elrohir. Elrohir nodded, taking Aerhirils hand into his own. "Aye...we were wed not even a day ago.."
"Wed.." Elladan was still having a desperate time trying to take it all in.."wed by who!?"
"Beorn.."
Elladan paced, "no one was invited!"
"I wanted to do this on my own.."
Elladan frowned, "I cannot lie and say I am happy you did things this way." He walked up to Elrohir and embraced him, "but you are still my brother and you shall recieve my blessings and congradulations."
He then looked to Aerhiril, hugging her quickly. "He can be a handful, I wish you good luck..."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Elwyn raced off after Thorongil, and soon they had reached a possible shallow spot. They both stopped and looked for a moment, the sun was nearly hidden behind the Misty Mountains.
Elwyn smiled, nudging her horse forward...the water came up to its belly as she neared the middle of the river. "It seems to be passable..." she smiled, knowing she'd probably just Thorongil the scare of his life.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 09:38
Thorongil smiled boldly in return.
" Watch me, " he growled and gallopped forward.
The cold water splashed high, but he soon rode up to the western bank of the River. " Are we going to build a camp for the night, or will we ride until we reach the Seven Circles? " he asked her. " I suppose you need some rest every now and then, dear Elven princess. "
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 10:07
Narya wrapped her arms around Elladan's waist, alerting him of her return. She kissed his neck affectionatly. "Sarac has returned." She said. "Please, don't attack him. He's in a bad enough state as it is." She noticed that everyone was staring at Aerhiril and Elrohir.
"What's going on?" She asked.
"Elrohir and Aer married yesterday, without telling anyone!" Pete cried, apparently very excited.
Narya stared at the two in shock, and it was a few moments before she could react. "That's such good news!" She exclaimed, and hugged Aerhiril. "But why are everyone marrying before me and Elladan? We've been engaged the longest!" She glanced at Elladan, pretending to be sulking, but she couldn't hold it down for much longer. She was too happy for her friends. She kissed Elladan again, glad to be back in his arms.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 04:18
Elwyn smiled, her face blushing slightly as her horse trudged heavily onto the western banks of the river. "Sleep would be good, we've covered many miles today.." she climbed down from her steeds back and looked around. The Misty Mountains loomed close, casting a dark shadow as the sun began to set.
"It's getting dark..." she added as she found a proper place to tie her horse. Digging through the saddlebags she drew out a sheepskin canteen and took a drink then went to the river to fill it once again.

"How long now...do you think my love?" she asked whistfully.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elladan held tightly onto Narya, taking in the scent of her hair he closed his eyes. Then his thoughts drifted to Sarac.
"Narya...what happened?" he asked quietly, looking both to Aerhiril and Elrohir.
"Yes...tell us.." Pete added.
"We were all attacked by him," Elrohir finally said. They all needed answers at that moment.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 06:40
" Not long, " Thorongil answered, " some days, but the miles will pass by very fast from now on." He shook his long hairs and walked up to a very tall and grey oak. Looked south. "Yes, " he muttered, " it's getting closer. "

I only hope the 'gift' has reached Minas Tirith in time, he thought as he looked out over the plains.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 02:18
Sarac stood in front of the massive gates of Mirkwood as he had so many times. Only this time a swarm of guards came charging him, weapons drawn. Sarac undid his belt, that had his sheath on it and put his sword on the ground. He then lifted his arms in the air.

"I'll come quietly." he said. He then felt a searing pain in his head and felt a sinking sensation.

When he awoke he was tied to a chair with all of his friends in front of him with arms crossed.

"Are you still evil?" asked Elladan?

Sarac sighed and bowed his head. "I have to apologize to each of you... but nothing I say can make up what I did to you. But for what it's worth I'm sorry."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 11:49
Elwyn and Thorongil rode on for several days, ever going south to where the climate turned warmer and the Su n brighter. The white snow-capped tops of the Ered Nimrais drew closer every day now, and when the weather was clear, they could see, at times, from afar a glimmering spike of white marble. Then it disappeared again in the clouds.

" We are getting close, " Thorongil said to Elwyn and looked at her with a smile and a keen light in his eyes. " Very close. "
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 05:56
Elwyn smiled, "good..I feel as though I can't wait much longer."

So they rode on until at long last the Tower of Echthelion gleamed in the distance. They stopped, for a moment in silence taking in the beauty of the White City.
Elwyn looked to Thorongil, allowing her hand to brush the ahir from his face she smiled at him. Her heart leapt with joy at the thought that soon their horses would clatter into the courtyard.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elladan nodded, "I can forgive you for that. If you can forgive me for never extending a proper thanks for saving my life." He gave Sarac a small smile then stepped away, wrapping his arm around Narya's waist. "We have a wedding to plan.." he said through a large grin.

"But...I still wonder this...where has Thorongil and Elwyn gone?"
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 06:39
Narya smiled as Elladan wrapped his arm around her waist, and she leant her head against his shoulder. " I haven't seen either of them for a few hours actually." She frowned slightly, trying to think. "You don't think they've done anything stupid do you?" Lifting her head again, she looked around obviously trying to decide something.
"You know...Thorongil might have taken a leaf out of Elrohir's book and wisked Elwyn off to be married." She shook her head. "No, they wouldn't be that stupid." Brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes, Narya looked up at Elladan. "Speaking of weddings, when will we leave? I can't wait much longer. Within a few days, maybe?"
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2005 06:45
"We may leave on the morrow if that is what you wish my lady," Elladan said looking with a gentle smile into Narya's eyes. He somehow knew in the back of his mind that Elwyn...as well as Thorongil would be far from Mirkwood by now, and he would almost say they were already wed and settled somewhere in the White City. He laughed slightly to himself and then looked to his brother and Aerhiril.

"Let it be known that we shall leave by the dawning of two days," he winked at his brother.

Elrohir laughed, "then it is known!"
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 02:11
Sarac was sitting on his bed in his room. His wrists still hurt from the rope that was tied into them but it's not like they had to worry about cutting off his circulation. Not like Elladan would've bothered if Sarac was still alive but...

He stared out his window, brooding. He couldn't believe what he had done, starting with having Narya take out his soul. How could he, he, have been so stupid? He sighed and walked out of his room where, down the hall, he saw Narya and Elladan were in each others arms. It made him sick.

He walked down the halls, not really watching where he was going... brooding.

[Sorry, writer's block:cry:]
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 03:36
Two small, black dots raced over the green fields far below.
The bird flew a little in the same direction of those two things, shook his head and wondered why all had to be done hastily down on the earth. Then it turned and flew back north.

The two dots now reached the way leading directly to the Great Gate of the City. They did not stop but rode on to the immense, black wall. Thorongil blew the hair out of his face and looked at the immortal beauty that was Elwyn. " You go first, " he smiled.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 03:48
Elwyn nodded with a grin as her horses hooves pounded on the cobblestone streetways. It had been months since they had departed from the city and her heart ached with excitement. Her dear cousin Arwen was here, along with her husband and King Aragorn...and soon, a wedding would be evident for herself and Thorongil.

Together they trotted up the seven layers of the city; until at long last they stood looking upon the now blooming white tree. The heavy doors of the main hold opened sending a brood of doves flying into the morning sky.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 05:29
" Well, it looks like we're here at last. "
Under the shadow of Ecthelion's pinnacle they stood, Elwyn and Thorongil. Behind that, the vast darkness of the great Mindolluin loomed. " Well," Thorongil said, " perhaps we should go in. Saying hello to the King and Queen. " With a wink he stepped in the Hall of Kings, but not before he had taken Elwyn's hand and gave it a little kiss.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2005 10:21
Before they could climb down from their horses backs, they were greeted by the welcoming faces of Aragorn and Lady Arwen. Smiles, handshakes, and embraces were shared between the four. Aragorn extended them a welcome into the house of the King. Eagerly both Elwyn and Thorongil accepted. She reached down and took his hand into her own as they followed the king and queen inside. The doors shut behind them with a loud bang, yet they continued on. Resting at long last in the sitting chambers.

"What brings Gondor such fine company?" Aragorn asked as one of the royal maids walked in, bringing them each a goblet of wine.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 04:24
The Sun shone brightly through the many windows. The company that sat behind thsoe windows bathed in pure golden light.

" Fine company? "
Thorongil laughed. " I thank you, King Elessar, but Elwyn is far more than just 'fine company'! "
He gladly accepted the wine and thanked the woman who brought it. " We are here for a special occasion, " he said to the royal pair.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 04:31
Arwens lips parted into a smile as she watched Thorongil and Aragorn. Her eyes glanced then to Elwyn.
"A special occasion," she echoed. "Surely it must be of great importance to have brought you both so far." She winked at Elwyn.
Elwyn nodded, "the greatest of importance."
Aragorn turned his attention to the ladies. He sat down his goblet and leaned back in his chair, looking to Elwyn then to Thorongil. "Tell us then, and we shall make this occasion truely memorable!" Aragorn smiled. Knowing in his heart what the announcement was he would rather hear it from the mouth of the two before him.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 04:39
Thorongil cast a quick glance in Elwyn's direction and desperately tried to keep his face serious and stern. " Well, " he began slowly, " I've once heard and partly witnessed a story of a mortal young man being enchanted by the beauty of an Elven-princess. And I really liked that story, the ending in particular. " He smiled.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 04:50
Aragorn took Arwens hand into his own and squeezed gently.
"Yes..the ending was the very best part," he kissed his wifes' hand then placed it back on the armrest beside her.
"Is it a wedding then friends? For if it is, then it shall be a celebration unlike any other!" He looked to Elwyn, noticing the smile on her face and he knew.
"Yes...I knew it was!" He stood to his feet and extended a hand to Thorongil in congradulations. Pulling the young man to his feet and giving him a quick embrace. Arwen hugged Elwyn from her seat before finally coming to stand beside her king.
"When then?" the Queen asked with a grin.
Elwyn looked to Thorongil, "that I do not know, it shall be left to my love. For I would marry him right now if that were his wishes." She kissed his cheek gently then blushed under the gaze of her cousin and the King.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2005 08:13
Narya felt so happy as she walked about with Elladan. She couldn't wait until they left. "Elladan?" She asked sweetly.
"Yes, my love?"
"After we get married...where are we going to live?" She'd never even thought about life after they got married. Her mind had only gone up to that point. Yet now it seemed bery relevant.
<< First3637383940Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email