Register

<< First3738394041
Author Topic:
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Darkening of Mirkwood
on: October 06, 2005 07:44
" Where are you taking me? " Thorongil asked, not for the first time. And not for the first time Aragorn and the Ranger didn't answer. He did notice they were going down the levels of the city, and not by the main road. It looked as if they didn't know where they were going themselves.
" You'll pay terribly for this, " Thorongil said smiling and thinking of his warm bed.

The boy hurried through the corridor and at last found the door. He knocked very carefully. Opened the door.
" Milady? " he tried. " Breakfast. " He cast a quick glance upon the Elven-princess and thought for a moment how beautifful she was. And he thought of the Ranger that accompanied her. Some people have all the luck, " he thought and put down the rich and professionally prepared meal.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 02:46
Elwyn stirred lightly as the smell of freshly cooked food invaded her senses. She sat up slowly, stretching her arms in an attempt to shake the sleep from her body. There was a young boy putting the tray down, he turned and saw she'd woken.
"Good morning miss," he said shyly as he took a step back, beginning to walk out the door.
"Good morning," she replied, her voice was beginning to sound awake, "and thank you."
The boy smiled, turning around and nodding, "you are welcome my lady." He then left, closing the door to her room behind himself.

Elwyn stood to her feet, walking to where her tray was sitting and picked it up bringing it back to bed with her. She slid back beneath the sheets and took a sip of her glass of water. Her thoughts then rang to Thorongil, wondering what exactly he was up to.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Elladan awoke the next morning, his head propped up against the stone window facing. He had fallen asleep no doubt while carrying on his conversation with the stars. He thought maybe for a moment that what he had heard was a dream...yet he knew better. What am I to do? he said to himself. He needed to find his brother.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir awoke at the sound of pounding on his door. He sat up, looking down to Aerhiril before finally standing to his feet. The door creaked open slowly, and he saw it was his brother. There was something terribly wrong..
"What is it?" Elrohir asked.
Elladan pushed open the door, noticing Aerhiril was just beginning to wake. She pulled up the covers closer to her chin.
Elladan dropped his head, "I beg your pardon.."
He looked back to Elrohir bidding him to shut his door. Then softly began to talk, "I overheard Sarac and Narya last night..they were arguing, heavily..I went to see what was wrong but something made me stop."
"Something? Like what?" Elrohir asked, sitting back down on the edge of the bed.
"Narya bore Sarac a son......."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 04:39
Thorongil walked back up the winding streets towards the Citadel. A broad smile curved his lips. He hoped she was awake. With a fast walk, he entered the King's house and searched for Elwyn's room.

Found it. He knocked the door softly, then entered. " Morning my dear, " he greeted her, " I see breakfast is served. " He sat down at the end of her bed and looked out of the window, where some birds flew around the White Tower, only to disappear again in the shadows of the Mountain.
" Two more days to go, " he said smiling.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 09:45
Elwyn smiled softly at him, as she ate a piece of a biscuit. She offered Thorongil the other one that laid still on her plate.
"Two days..." she said dreamily, staring out the window. "I feel as though I have known you every day of my life, yet each time I see you my heart says it is but the first." She put her food down and placed a gentle touch on his face.

"What has the king planned for you today my sweet?"
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 04:08
He felt his cheeks turn hot, a blush reaching his face at the touch of her hand. " You're a true daughter of the Sun, " Thorongil said softly.

" Aragorn? " he smiled. " I have just returned from him. I told him not to plan anything again these two days. I'm quite done with his surprises, joyful as they were." His eyes twinkled when he saw the reflection of the sunlight in Elwyn's eyes. " I'l stay with you for a while, if that doesn't bother you too much."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2005 05:12
Narya woke the next morning with a frown on her fair face. Her home seemed to have turned against her, and she couldn't wait to leave and go to Minas Tirith. Leaving her room as soon as she could, she went in search of Elladan. He couldn't be far.
She hadn't expected him to be in his room at that hour, and paused to think. Elrohir. He must have gone to see him. Smiling at the thought of her fiance, she went to Elrohir's room, and knocked just as Elladan told Elrohir of her son.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2005 02:05
Elemak was both impressed and scared. This strange man, who looked oddly farmiliar, said he had powers. What did he mean? Was it like magic? And then there was his father, not willing to let him go. He stepped forward.

"I'll go with you," said Elemak. "But my father comes with me."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2005 03:59
"Stay with me I beg it of you," she grinned as she allowed herself to lean into him. He was warm, and to feel his touch against her made her feel safe and comfortable. She held her breath for a moment trying to catch the butterflies in her stomach. They both watched out the grand window as the sun made its journey up into the heavens, lighting the lands beneath with golden glow. Birds flew by chirping merrily, and the Elven lady talked to her Lord long into the day...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 17, 2005 04:56
The old man's smile broadened. " Good, very good. " He threw back his hood. " I'm Lucius. And this is yours, young Elemak. " From his sleeve he got a long, silver dagger. " It belonged to someone very special. Long, long ago. "

" Then stay I will, " he said smiling. They strolled to the window, where they stood for a while, her hands captured in his, his chin leaning on her shoulder. Looking outside to where all went on as it had always done. As it had done even before Thorongil had met Elwyn. That didn't seem right to him, as his world had changed, everybody's world should've changed. Should've become better.
His hands slowly let go of hers, he stooped a little swift kiss on her shoulder and ran away. " Just a moment, my Silverleaf! " he shouted and was gone.

But returned. With in his hand a small, flower, white petals and a golden heart. " The second, " he whispered, handing the flower to Elwyn, " the second but not the last. " And with those words he rested his chin again on her shoulder and his hands crawled back to hers. As if nothing had happened. As if it had always been like this.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2005 02:55
The day was well underway when there was a soft rap at Elwyns door. She gently pulled herself away from Thorongil, kissing his brow tenderly before at lat going to answer the knock. It was one of the queens handmaidens.
"Arwen has sent for you my lady, she wishes to speak with you regarding a family tradition?" the young girls face twisted with confusion as she finished delivering the message.
"Yes...of course," Elwyn said with a smile, "tell Arwen I will see her soon." The handmaiden bowed and quickly took leave.

Shutting the door behind her, Elwyn returned to her love. Looking at him for a moment with a small grin on her face, and a dreamy look in her blue eyes. It was all real.....
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 18, 2005 03:51
"Something wrong?" Thorongil asked her, referring to the handmaiden's visit and to Elwyn's grin. " Tradition? I suppose you won't tell me? " he smiled, taking her hand and kissing it. " You better go quickly to Arwen. The sooner you'll be back. "
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2005 08:40
The door to Elrohirs room swung open, it was Narya. She stood in the doorway and Elladans face turned pale as he stood to his feet. No words came to his mind, all he could do was hear the conversation he'd stumbled on last night. The word son still panged him deep within. He crossed his arms over his chest and scolded himself silently, twisting his face into an expression of uncouth dischord.
---------------------------------------
Elwyn went to Arwen, knocking on the door and bowing quickly. Her cousin ushered her in and the door was shut behind her. They talked and laughed, thinking of their younger years then shared stories of their loves. Arwen smiled softly as she bade her handmaidens near her...
"Elwyn...take this..." she said, as the maid gave her a wooden box.
"What is it?" she asked.
"Go on...open it..." Arwen urged.
As the lid creaked open, Elwyns eyes grew wide. It was Arwens bridal crown...
"Arwen...I...I cant.."
"Yes you can...and you will.." the Queen said, taking it out of the box and placing it on her cousins head. "It's lovely on you."
"But.." Elwyn said in protest.
"No...it is yours. I insist. It was fashioned for Galadriel on the day she wed Celeborn, and in turn she gave it to my mother, and now I give it to you as a token of family..." she smiled.
"What of your future? What if you have a daughter?"
"Elwyn, my old life has ended. My children will not know their grandmother, nor their great grandmother...it would mean nothing more to them than if I were to fashion them their own in time..."
Elwyn nodded, "and you are sure?"
"Yes.."
They embraced for a moment, Elwyn then took the crown off and placed it back in the box. "It will stay here until the day I need it.."
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 21, 2005 04:06
As she disappeared, Thorongil remained alone in Elwyn's room, gazing at the closed door for a moment, then turning back to the window. He was quite surprised to see Aragorn suddenly walking by. He halted. " Can I help you? " the King asked. " You've done enough, " Thorongil smiled in return, " but perhaps it is my turn now to help you? "

Aragorn laughed. " Oh yes, yes you can!"
A minute later, they were walking through the gardens of the Court and disappeared behind some trees. They reached a perch with a small pavilion. " I hope you like them, " Aragorn said, pointing to a pile lying there. Thorongil smiled. " I do, but I've got one myself already. Made it on my own. " Aragorn nodded, but grabbed all the things from the floor. " And yet you'll need more than one over there, " he said, pointing to wards a field of grass where the fountain stood between old, tall and young, fresh trees in the midst of countless flowers. " Here you'll marry her, " he continued, but Thorongil ran already to the fountain.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 05:00
Aerhíril had no time at all to react to the news, or even let it sink in. Narya burst into the room too swiftly, causing it to fall to an instant silence. Aerhíril looked at her in disbelief before turning her Gaze to Elrohir. His twin looked none to pleased to see her... and she couldn't blame him. Narya hated children! How could it be possible that she had one?

--------------

Pete left the kitchens in a light mood ready for some new tricks. He hadn't played a prank in months it seemed, and once again it was time that he had some fun. Things had been a lot more relaxed around the halls within the absence of war; but perhaps for the hobbit a little too calm, for Pete was one who loved havoc and chaos above all other things. He set out in search of his friends, to make sure they were all well before he got to work.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 02:40
Elwyn returned to her room, finding it empty she walked to the large window and peered out. Sighing happily she turned, pulling the covers back over the bed in an attempt to tidy her room. She wondered where Thorongil was, knowing that indeed he was more than likely with the King; grinning she sat down in a daze of thoughts...what were they up to?

Rising to her feet once more she went to a tall closet and opened the double doors, pulling from within a thick robe and cotton towels. Even elven maidens needed to bathe from time to time...

Upon speaking with one of the handmaidens, Elwyn was shown to the washroom and before long she was clean. Pulling on a dress that had been brought to her by the maids she brushed out her hair that had been freshly trimmed..(by her own hands none the less) then went on her way to mingle around the grounds and gardens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir looked to Aerhiril, "I...I think we should find Pete..don't you?" He asked, his eyes urging her silently to leave Elladan and Narya to themselves.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 02:59
Thorongil returned from the garden and found Elwyn's room still empty. What is Arwen planning with her? he thought as he closed her door behin dhim and walked back to the gardens. It was truely a summer's day; from all sides, brids whistled and sang, and a soft, warm breeze blew through the fresh branches of young trees.

There was Elwyn.

The sun had captured her and turned her to gold, or so it seemed. He ran up to her. " Tomorrow is Midsummer Day, " he smiled, taking her in his arms. " What did Arwen had to show you? "
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 03:07
Elwyn smiled, embracing Thorongil momentarily.."she presented me with a gift, nothing more..no planning or secrets, like some that I know." She rested her head against his chest and inhaled deeply, closing her eyes. "Midsummer Day..." she whispered before slowly pulling away and taking his hand within hers.

They walked together for a moment, when Elwyn turned to him once again. "We will be married soon, and I do not even know what you think of children.." she winked.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 03:42
Thorongil looked up. " What I think of children? " he repeated her words. " They're nice when they're asleep, " he smiled. " But are you thinking of them already? I don't know if I'll be a good father to them. "
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 04:14
"You would make a fine father," Elwyn said with a grin. "It is not that I desire them yet, I was just making sure that in time I may ask for them..." she laughed merrily. "Do not let my words bother you..." she placed a hand against his face and kissed him softly.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 08:15
Narya watched as Elrohir and Aerhiril left. She turned her eyes fearfully to Elladan. "What's going on?" she asked, her voice shaking. She didn't move any closer to him.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 06:54
" Your words can't possibly bother me, " Thorongil answered, " only bring comfort. " The white marble of the Tower shone gold with the bright sunlight. " Oh yes, " he added with a slight smile, " I already know where we're going to marry tomorrow. "
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 07:27
"Have you now?" Elwyn asked, a look of surprise and anticipation on her face. "I wont ask you to show me," she grinned, 'but tell me is it as beautiful as you would wish?" Her eyes met his, as her hands found their way into his.
-------------------------

"Nothing is going on Narya.." Elladan said, he was uncomfortable for the first time in his life around her. "What ever gave you that idea?" he looked at her then quickly brought his eyes to fix on something else. He wanted a fast way out of the room...
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 08:33
Thorongil looked into her eyes. " My expectations nor my imagination could have come up with what I saw. " He gently stroke her arm. " Truely a place worthy of you. And of our marriage of course. " They stood there for a time, looking out over the city and looking to each other, until Thorongil asked his Lady: " Shall we go and have dinner? I'm starving, and love may feed the heart, but not the stomach, " he smiled.

ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 04:48
"Dinner would be splendid," Elwyn said as they began to walk back toward the Kings Halls. Entering into its large doors, and continuing down the long stone cooridor until at last they reached the dining room. It was large and fit for royalty, as well as many many guests. A table that stretched nearly the enter length of the room sprawled out before them...but they were stopped before they could sit.

"Lord Thorongi, Lady Elwyn.." one of the handmaidens said with a curtsey, "the King and Queen request you join them in their provate dining quarters..." she lead them...
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2005 07:16
Narya stepped towards him, and then stopped herself. There was something in the tone of his voice, something that told her that he was lying...
"Tell me Elladan! What's going on? What's gotten you so upset?" She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him lightly on his soft lips. "What is it?" she pleaded.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2005 09:54
They followed the maiden through a door and into a smaller hall. There the Queen and King sat at a richly dressed table. Elwyn and Thorongil sat down. Aragorn stood up and held up his goblet. " You deserve the best," he winked at Elwyn.
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 04:45
Sarac, Elemak and the other man were in the stables, ready to ride for Minas Tirith. Sarac was walking to his horse and kicked something. He knelt down and brushed the hay and dirt away. It was metal, a weapon, Narya's sword. The guards had probably hidden them here when she had tried to kill Thranduil. He didn't like thinking about that memory.
"You two go on," he said. "I'll catch up." He looked at Elemak, his son.
"Don't worry, I'll be right behind you."

Sarac walked into the palace and went upstairs to Elladan's room. That's where he figured to find Narya. She was talking with the twins. She heard him coming and turned around. She saw him holding his sword out to her.
"I'm heading south to Gondor," he said. "I didn't want us to leave on bad terms." He extended the sword and she took it gingerly.
"I meleth le mellon-nin." he said to her before he turned and left.

He got on Ramsey and sped off, meeting up with Elemak and the other man in only a few minutes.

"Where were you?" Elemak asked.

"Just finishing some buisness." he answered.
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 05:03
"Tell me Elladan! What's going on? What's gotten you so upset?" She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him lightly on his soft lips. "What is it?" she pleaded.

Elladan pushed her away gently, "I'd rather not say at the moment..." he nodded towards the door where Sarac stood.
She saw him holding his sword out to her.
"I'm heading south to Gondor," he said. "I didn't want us to leave on bad terms." He extended the sword and she took it gingerly.
"I meleth le mellon-nin." he said to her before he turned and left.

Elladan took a step back, then quickly pushed his way past Narya and Sarac. Briskly making his way down the corridor and back outside, he needed fresh air and solitude at the moment. He sighed looking up into the sky.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

" You deserve the best," he winked at Elwyn.

Elwyn smiled softly, turning pink then looking at her husband to be. "I have the best my Lord," she looked to Thorongil and let her hand lay on top of his.

The royal servants brought out platters of food, sitting them in the middle of the table. Placing empty plates before the four of them and gobblets of wine, silverware, and napkins...

Dinner was served.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 04, 2005 09:28
"She's right, Aragorn. She has the best already. " Thorongil smiled broadly and awaited the arrival of the food.
The company soon fell silent thanks to what was served, royal in every meaning. " I could have found worse as well, Elwyn my beloved," he said. " I can't thank you enough for that."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 05:18
Elwyn bowed her head slightly, then turned her face back to meet his. Aragron smiled, breaking the silence of the moment, "then it is tomorrow?" He looked to Thorongil, and then to his own wife.

The kings face expressing a look of joy, as well as michief. He definitely had something up his sleeve.
Eärnil_Captain_Of_Gondor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 09, 2005 02:01
"Tomorrow."
The evening passed swiftly now, stomachs getting filled and laughs being shared. Then the time came at las to sleep.
" So I won't be tired tomorrow," Thorongi said, saying goodbye to both king and queen. With a last, playful wink and a quick kiss, he wished his princess goodnight and went for his room.
Tomorrow.
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2005 08:14
As soon as Elladan had disappeared from the room, she realised what was wrong. She'd heard Sarac and her talking. He knew about Elemak. Fear swept through her. What was he thinking?!
She ran from the room, she had to find him. It was dusk when she got outside, and the grey twilight made it no easier to find him. Breathing deeply, she turned to the west, and headed in that direction, hoping that he would go to the same place she did when she had to think.
Luckily, when she got near the rock overlooking the lake, she spotted his form against the semi-dark sky. She walked slowly towards him. She stopped behind him, and spoke softly. "You know, don't you." she said, her voice barely a whisper.
Narya sat down beside him, but made sure not to get too close, to startle him. "I understand why you're upset Elladan."
ElwynSilverleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 01:57
Elwyn said good night to Thorongil, and soon after followed his lead. Making her way to her lodging and slipping comfortably out of her dress and into a robe, then nuzzling down under the sheets of her bed. She stared for a moment out the window, into the star filled sky and imagined his arms around her. It brought a smile to her face, knowing that she was soon about to end one part of her life...and begin another...and through her thoughts came sleep...
------------------------------------

"Do you?" Elladan said, not turning to seek her face. He continued staring into the water, holding onto himself tightly as to ward off any feelings he may think would overwhelm him. "I thought I knew you...but it seems I was a fool..."
Aneras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 08:33
Narya shook her head, and placed her hand on the side of his face. "No!" she said softly. "You do know me. The boy is not part of the real me. You are the only one who knows me truly. Please, don't let him get in the way of our marriage. I have nothing to do with him, I regret ever having him born, it wasn't me!" She turned his head to face her. "Please! Will you forgive me? I know I should have told you, but I wanted to forget about him!"
Her big grey eyes were gazing into his, a look of deep sadness within them. "I love you."
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 03:12
Sarac, Elemak, and the man stopped after a while and made a small camp. They cooked a meal and afterwards Elemak fell asleep. The man offered to take watch but since Sarac didn't need to sleep he took it. He spent the night watching Elemak. He didn't know if it was even possible for the boy to have any of his ir Narya's powers. He remembered how it was when he first became pyrokinetic. The power that flowed him was an amazing high and if it was also in someone so young he might not be able to control it. Worse than that he could hurt someone, maybe himself.

Sarac sighed, he knew nothing was going to attack in the night so he went on a walk. He was sorry he had. He walked to the edge of the lake and saw Narya and Elladan talking.

The boy is not part of the real me. You are the only one who knows me truly. Please, don't let him get in the way of our marriage. I have nothing to do with him, I regret ever having him born, it wasn't me!" She turned his head to face her. "Please! Will you forgive me? I know I should have told you, but I wanted to forget about him!"
Her big grey eyes were gazing into his, a look of deep sadness within them. "I love you."

Sarac turned away after hearing her, not caring what Elladan said. He had, had enough. To Mordor with Narya, to Mordor with Elladan, to Mordor with all of them. He had his son now and if he could help it, he'd never see any of them again.
<< First3738394041
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email