Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: November 02, 2004 08:29
Baineth sat in a tall tree, trying to comprehend the words her father had just said. Arranged marriage. ... Arranged marriage? How could he possibly do this to me? She thought, attempting to fight away angry tears. But she couldn't hold them in. The tears fell from her eyes, warm and moist on her face. She didn't bother to wipe them away, she was used to them. She cried often, her father never allowing her to do anything she wanted. She began to wonder if her father loved her at all, if he thought her only purpose in life was to marry some Elf Prince of Mirkwood she never met to finish some sort of deal! The only happiness she found was playing her wooden flute, but the only songs she could think to play were soft, solemn laments, not helpful with the mournful sound that the flute made as she blew across the opening. Rarely would she play around others, she only found joy in being alone, solitary and in complete silence. She had no friends to converse with, except for the trees and the water, who never spoke at all, but seemed to listen as she spoke her mind to them. She never expected them to answer, nor did she want them to, she knew they would say the same, ridiculing things others said to her, always putting her down.
As she sat in the tree, sobbing, she heard leaves rustling below. She looked down from the tree, but saw nothing. "Who's there?" she called. ... No answer, as usual... She thought, looking back at the tree, sighing softly.

[Edited on 19/12/2004 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: November 02, 2004 09:52
(Hi.)
Dariella stumbled out of the bushes. She brushed herself off.
"Ooh," she said.She sighed.
"Ow. You know, those bushes really hurt when you try to hide in them."
The elf-maiden had a confused look on her face.
"Oh, sorry. I'm Dariella. Soemhow I got here. I'm from a place called Arda. I don't think you have heard of it. It's very far from here."
She looked around the place.
"Say, um, where am I?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 10:56
Baineth jolted and immediately looked at the ground again. She saw someone fall out of the bushes and brush herself off. She watched her in confusion, having never seen her before. the girl spoke, obviously to Baineth, there was no one else around. Baineth decided to reply, even though she had more important matters to attend to. "You are in Imladris, you most likely know it as Rivendell. I am Baineth. ... Where did you say you were from again?" she said, watching the girl intently.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 12:33
Dariella said, "Arda. As I said, very far from here. And you are Baineth, right?" asked Dariella.
Baineth nodded.
"Right," she said.
She looked at Baineth's face. "Something troubling you?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 06:36
Baineth felt a tear roll down her cheek, and quickly wiped it away. "No, I'm alright, thanks." she said, forcing a quick smile at Dariella. She could tell that Dariella would not believe her, but she didn't want anyone to worry. After all, it wasn't her problem. No one could make her father change his decisions. Ever since her mother died, Baineth's father became a total control freak over what Baineth did or planned on doing. She never made any of her own decisions. There wasn't any reason to bother a new aquaintence with such matters. "How did you get here, anyway?" Baineth asked Dariella. "You don't even have a horse! It must have taken you forever to get here by foot from where you came."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 07:43
Dariella smiled. "Well, actually, I flew. I'm a faery. You don't have to believe me, but I am. And I know that something is troubling you. And I know that your father is an idiot trying to have an arranged marriage for." She gasped. "Oops. I wasn't supposed to tell you I knew. Oh well."

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 09:52
Baineth's eyes widened. Fairy? .... Fairy??? She thought, looking completely shocked. A fairy?? She knew what a fairy was, but had only heard of them in myths.. She never believed they really existed. She snapped herself out of fairy thoughts and focused on what Dariella was saying now, "Your father is an idiot for arranging your marriage." Baineth agreed to that. "Yes, he is somewhat of an idiot. I don't know what he's trying to prove. What do you mean you weren't supposed to tell me that you knew? ... Wait, don't answer that. How do you know?"
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 10:57
((can I join possibly? Feanor is in the DB))

Feanor had been riding Sereg around Rivendell. Admireing the beauty of it, when he had heard someone crying. wanting to help he dismounted Sereg and walked closer trying to see who it was. he crouched down in the bushes and listened to the conversation. realizing what the fairy had said about the bushes was true. he decided to stay hidden for a while and watch.

[Edited on 4/12/2004 by veneaquende]
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 11:53
((hey, mind if I join also? Melilaure is in the DB.))

Melilaure woke with a yawn. She had been sleeping late, once again. She gazed out of the window onto the beautiful Rivendell landscape and noticed a sobbing noise coming from a tree. Concerned, she dashed out of her room, white robe flowing behind her, and stepped out through the doors of Rivendell's main hall. She looked around for the source of the noise, and realized too late that whoever was making it could very well have spotted her.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 05:15
(hey, could I join? Elleon is in the DB too.)

Elleon swung himself out of the saddle of his horse and stood on the brink of entering Rivendell. He surveyed his surroundings carefully, it had been a while since he had come here, and almost as long since he had spoken to anyone else.

An occasional nod of respect to a lonely ranger was about as much communication he had had with the rest of the world for 2 years. He prepared himself for the joyful singing of Imladris.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 03:31
((Hey can I join? Rainë is in the DB))

Rainë had been running since dawn and was starting to tire. She pulled the hood of green cloak up over her head and stopped to rest. She closed her eyes and listened closely around her, she heard a small sob and immeadiately dodged behind a tree. She slipped her dagger out of her cloak, she wasn't going to take any chances.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2004 10:25
Elleon's head turned sharply at a slight movement in the bush about 10 ft away. Narrowing his eyes slightly, he saw a figure in a hood dodge around a tree with her back to him. He then glanced araound and caught sight of a person in white standing on a balcony not far from there. She was looking in the same, general direction.

"What the -" he muttered. There was definetley someone in there. Somewhere, deep down inside him, Elleon felt an emotion, what was it? laughter? was this what 5 mins of civilisation was doing to him? He felt like smiling.

There wasn't anything particularly funny about the situation, but Elleon felt himself grinning.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 02:16
Rainë looked around the tree, a male elf was standing there looking in her direction, but what was he doing? He was grinning, she scoffed and shook her head, he was either crazy or didn't find her to be a threat. She slowly slid her dagger back into her cloak and walked towards him, never bothering to put her hood down, "Are you the one making these noises I'm hearing or am I too be as crazy and grinning as you are?" She said smiling to herself trying to be humorous.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 10:51
Elleon stopped smiling as soon as the other looked in his direction.

After a pause, he answered her question, " No, I am not the one making those noises. Certainly, however the one who is ,has enough company already and if I join them, I will only be a nuisance. As for my sanity, think what you will"
He smiled faintly once more.

Through the trees he could hear at least two voices, faint as they were. Elleon did not force himself on company, in fact, he preferred solitude.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 03:59
Rainë lowered her hood, "I meant not to offend, I was only hoping for an answer." With that said she turned the other direction and started walking back into the woods.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 09:09
Confused, Elleon stared after her. What did he say?
He decided to voice the question, calling after her.
"I'm sorry, did I say something? I was only joking when I said that about my sanity."
He waited for her reply. It had been so long since he had talked or had a conversation with anyone and it seemed he'd lost his touch.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 11:34
Rainë turned back towards him. perhaps she was overreacting, she walked back, "No I am sorry, I just am not a very good people person. Please excuse my lack of respect." She smiled a tiny crooked smile, "I haven't spoken to anyone for awhile since I've been traveling, I am Rainë."
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 01:48
Hearing the sounds of conversation, Melilaure turned around and looked timidly at the two figures standing together. She approached them cautiously, and said in a soft voice, "Hello?"
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 01:31
Relieved, Elleon said to her, " I do not think you are a bad person. You and I have a thing or two in common. I haven't spoken to anyone since leaving Rohan a few years ago."

Interrupted by another voice, he saw an elf in white.
responding to her greeting with a "hello" of his own, he was quite surprised. the second person he had talked to in over 2 years.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 09:00
(( lol, gee your popular aren't you Elleon! not trying to be rude))

Feanor realized that he was in the middle of two conversations. so he sent Sereg back to the stables and stood up. "it seems I have caught myself in the middle of something" he said smiling. he walked over to the group. He turned to Elleon "Rohan you say? I was there a few years ago."
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2004 01:11
Melilaure smiled at Elleon. Hearing the strangers mention Rohan, she listened intently. "That is the land of the Men, is it not? North of the River Snowbourn?"
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 03:33
((hehe...thanks Feanor))
Slightly overwhelmed by the presence of another, Elleon found himself in the centre of attention.
Trying not to show his nervousness, he replied quickly, " Rohan is the land of men, but these men are noble and have honour."
and then to Feanor, "Really? Whereabouts in Rohan did you go? I dwelt mostly in Edoras."

Sighing inwardly, he felt that he could trust these three as friends.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 06:47
Rainë was in her own world as the other three talked, she softly hummed to herself then blurted, "I have heard of Rohan, never had the pleasure of traveling there, but I came close to it." She rocked on her heels and watched the others conversation.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 08:45
((lol, your welcome ))

Feanor Smiled " I wandered about Rohan. I didn't stay in one place very long. but I stopped at Edoras a few times." he looked at Elleons eyes, Smirking. trying to see why Elleon had been there. then undecided said "and why were you there? if I may ask." he then looked back to the trees, remembering the maidens there.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 01:22
For a second Elleon's eyes blazed, who was this elf, to question him?

Cooling his temper, he replied grimly," That is my business. There are things in my past I do not wish to reveal."

[Edited on 11/12/2004 by Laisi]
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 05:40
Cooling his temper, he replied grimly," That is my business. There are things in my past I do not wish to reveal."

"that is yours to keep. I was only asking." said Feanor glancing back to the trees then turning back. "I have things in my past which I wish to keep hidden as well" Feanor realized his mistake and gave Elleon an apologetic look. then he looked to Raine and Melilaure "what brings you all here?"
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 05:53
Elleon nodded to Feanor in response to his apologetic glance. What he had just come out with had not been the wisest thing to say, but it was too late now.
He did not wish to create discord. Voicing his apology to the group, he waited for the other's response.

However, he could not help thinking that he and Feanor were not the only ones with a wish to keep their pasts in tht past. As for himself, he would wait to learn more about these people before sharing his story.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2004 06:21
Feanor said nothing, but focusing his eyes on Elleon used his Telepathy "It was what I would have done. do not worry yourself." then he said "you are forgivin" so as not to sound rude to the others.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 12:59
Elleon hid his descomfort at Feanor's intrusion, and closed his mind, but not before making it plain to him that he disliked being subject to telepathy.

Then, he turned to the other two.

((sorry about the hostility Veneaquende, I reckon it's more interesting that way tho))
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 08:09
Rainë shrugged, "I was supposed to be heading home to see my sister, but things happen." she took out her dagger and flipped it in the air catching the blade and flipping it again, "She won't be worried, I never sent word to her, other than that I was just wandering about." She gave them a crooked smile before returning her attention to her dagger.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 01:34
Melilaure said softly, "I've been living near here with my sister for a time, by the mercy of Lord Elrond. We lost our parents long ago, and had nowhere else to go."

She shrugged amiably. "Sorry that I don't have any tales of wandering adventures to share." With a smile, she added, "I'm just a simple girl."
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 01:45
Rainë sighed, "I know how you feel, my parents died long ago as well." She slipped her dagger back into her cloak, "As for grand tales of wandering adventures, I don't have any that any would want to hear. Simple girls have simple stories." She added grinning.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2004 09:09

"Simple girls have simple stories.."

Elleon grinned back.
"It's no different with guys. But then, I doubt any of us here are simple people."
Then, looking around, he said, "Hey, I haven't seen Lord Elrond yet, I was a friend to him, and saw him last about 5 years ago. Do any of you plan on going inside?"
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 07:49
Rainë shrugged, "I hadn't planned on going inside, but then again I hadn't planned on meeting the three of you either."
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 12:56
Melilaure laughed. "I can take you in to meet with him, if you wish."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email