Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: December 21, 2004 02:54
Baineth smiled and waited for Feanor to reply, but she felt her ears prick backwards, catching the faint words, "...the Prince of Mirkwood... arriving in Rivendell... meet his new bride..." ... Her eyes widened as she heard this and also conversation between Melilaure and a voice- a male voice she had never heard before. Then I'm sure that you know, my betrothed, the Lady Baineth lives here." (etc..) "That must be him..." she whispered. She began to panic. She looked at Feanor and said before he could answer her, "Feanor, it was very pleasant to meet you, but I have to go now, I have no time to explain!" she began to run quietly through the hall, away from where the voices were coming from. She would have to hide, she was not ready to meet the man she was to be wed to for her entire life.

(Oh, that's really ok if you have Legolas here. It adds to the action and suspense, lol).
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 03:50
Elleon raised his eyebrows. "you know how hard it must be for your daughter, this marriage. Did you ask for her consent previous to the engagement?"

Smiling, he continued, "I'm sure Prince Legolas was not overly joyful at the prospect of marrying a woman he'd never met either. Why the rush? What was the purpose of this betrothal, firstly?

Elleon watched his friend keenly, wanting to fully understand the situation.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 05:19
Rainë was pacing the halls as she heard the whispers about the arrival of the Prince of Mirkwood. She smiled to herself, as she walked up the halls, she spotted Melilaure as the prince was walking away from her. She walked up to Melilaure, "Melilaure do you know where the prince is headed I should like a word with him. I haven't seen him for a long time."
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 07:17
((back now, so I should post more often. gone for two days and I miss all the action. ))

Feanor was about to answer when Baineth suddenly spoke.
"Feanor, it was very pleasant to meet you, but I have to go now, I have no time to explain!"
He kept the smile on his face as his eyes followed her, but knew what she was hidding from. He also had heard the conversation. He wondered if he should help her but decided against it. Feanor glanced up the hall at Melilaure and Raine, just standing there. And then to the prince and his party. He walked towards them and noticed Melilaures dazed and awed state. He looked at Raine with a question in his eyes What happened to her? "Are you alright Melilaure?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 11:53
Elrohir's angry expression fell... He had not consented Baineth before he set the deal with prince Legolas... He looked at Elleon. "My friend, you have shown me my error. I should have explained this to Baineth before I arranged this all... The purpose was to create a stronger alliance between the elves of Mirkwood and Rivendell... They haven't responded to any messages sent to create an alliance in times of war, and I came to think that since, Baineth is at an age where I thought she would be mature enough to understand why this must be done, that she would agree to marrying prince Legolas... But I guess I misjudged her... She's more sensitive than I thought..." he said, beginning to smile slightly, obviously remembering something, "Just like her mother..."

Baineth looked over her shoulder at Feanor and smiled slightly, but then turned around and kept running. She didn't bother to look where she was headed, she knew exactly where to go... She found herself outside, and she sprinted to the base of a tree. It was very old, and very tall. She began to climb it, using the knotholes and limbs to push herself higher into the tree. Then she came to it, the largest branch, hidden behind the leaves. She came here often, to think, or to just hide. Right now, she needed to do both. She felt her eyes well up with tears and she didn't fight them back.

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 12:59
As Melilaure watched the Prince walk off, she noticed Rainë approaching. Rainë asked her of the Prince's whereabouts, and she replied, "I think he was headed off to Lord Elrohir's chambers, where the Lord is taking counsel with Elleon."
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 01:32
Rainë thanked Melilaure and quickly walked off, biting the tip of her tongue while grinning, she hadn't seen Prince Legolas for a long time since she had been wandering. To possibly hear news of Mirkwood thrilled her.

She wandered the halls until she found Lord Elrohir's chambers, she stopped outside the door when she heard voices, 'better to wait.'

She stood outside the door and waited for the conversations inside to end.

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Piratica]
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 05:47
"I'm glad you realise your error. It is not too late to change the way things are going. I hope you dwell on what I have said, my friend."

as he was about to go on, Elleon sensed a presence lurking behind the door, and saw that Elrohir had too, for he had stopped talking. Opening the door, Elleon found a startled Raine leaning on it.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2004 06:00
Rainë jumped and spun around as the door she was leaning on was opened, she came face to face with Elleon, "S-sorry, I was looking for Prince Legolas, is he by any chance here?" She calmed herself while she waited for Elleons reply.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 05:17
Elrohir's eyes widened. He only then realized that the prince was to be arriving to meet Baineth that day. He went to the door where Rainë stood. "No, I'm sorry, but prince Legolas has not been here, but he should be here somewhere. Perhaps you should check the gardens. He may have began looking for me there." he said, giving Rainë a small smile. He had no idea if Legolas was actually going to be there, truth was he didn't have a single clue.

Baineth sat high in the tree, but she wasn't crying anymore. She had calmed down, and was now resting against the tree, her eyes closed tiredly. She had lost much sleep worrying herself over her marriage, and she was very tired. She decided to go inside and take a short nap. She looked down from the tree for a branch or something to step down on. Many times when she was up in this tree, she hadn't looked for a step and fell from the tree. She never got permanent damage, but many terrible cuts and bruises, which went away quickly. As she climbed down the tree, she heared something rustling in the leaves below her. Something was climbing the tree. Or someone? "Is someone there?" she said shakily. She climbed back up some and found a branch to sit on. She waited to see if it were a person or just a bird.... But she began to fall asleep.

[Edited on 24/12/2004 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 12:13
Dariella watched as Baineth fell asleep. She became visible and sat down next to her.
"Baineth, did you hear what your father said about 'making an alliance with the elves'? He wants to have peace. He wants everyone in the world to have peace. He also wants you to be happy."
Some horns sounded. The Mirkwood horns.
"He is here. Your prince is here. Time to wake up."
Dariella turned invisible again as Baineth started moving slightly.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 03:04
Baineth groaned as she stirred, waking from her slumber. She had heard what Dariella said. So this is why he was acting so rashly. He wanted peace with the elves of Mirkwood and Rivendell. He wanted her to be happy. Baineth smiled. She was happy now. She heard sounds of horns. The horns of Mirkwood... He's here... she thought, beginning to make her way down the tree again, and as she got half way down, she jumped out of the tree. She made her way slowly back inside, biting her lower lip. This is it... she thought, her heart pounding nervously. She looked around, and decided to go find her father, to talk to him about her change of mind. She walked to his chamber and knocked on his door. "Father? Are you there? I need to speak with you."
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 05:59
Feanor Saw Baineth knocking on her fathers door. and decided to wait in the background and so he stayed where he was. I wonder if shes going to.... he had seen the prince walk by a few moments ago. and so he stayed to watch the events unfold.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 07:37
Rainë rolled her eyes, 'he doesn't know if he shall be there or not, I'm kidding myself if I think I'll get to speak with him.' She jumped back as Baineth came up and knocked on her fathers door, she leaned against the wall across the hall and crossed her arms; silently waiting to see what would happen.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 01:49
((sorry guys, i've been really busy.Merry christmas!))

Elrohir replied before Elleon had a chance to open his mouth. Then, Lady Baineth came in, requesting to see her father.
Elleon felt this was the time to leave. So with a final smile to his friend, Elleon left the chamber and joined Raine on the wall across the hallway.

He began to wonder where Melilaure was. Feanor was nearby watching too. Their eyes met and both looked away again quickly.This time, Elleon did not give him the chance to read his mind.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 03:38
Baineth bit her lower lip and stepped into her father's chamber, and looked down at the floor. She wasn't sure if she did this unconciously out of respect or on purpose out of fear. "Father, I know you are angry with me." she said quietly, waiting for her father to shout. She cringed, bracing herself so she would not be too unprepared for his yelling. Or at least, she expected him to yell. She did not actually know, but anger was usually his first response. She still cringed and winced, trying not to cry in front of her father.

(Aww, it's ok Laisi, lol. Merry Christmas to you too! ... If you have not noticed, Baineth is quite afraid of her father...)
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 06:05
((heh. and I don't know what you're thinking already? naw. this is fun. Merry Christmas guys! hope you had a good one! ))

Feanor leaned against the wall, listening close. trying to hear what was going on. but so far this was not working. and he was oblivious to what was going on in side the room. he noticed Elleons glance and then his quick look away. It seems you've scarred him already... ah well. he continued to wait for Baineth to emerge.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 09:14
Elrohir watched his daughter with a rather regretful expression. Elleon's advice had opened his eyes to what was really quite clearly before them.
"Baineth," he sighed, "I am sorry for forcing you into this marriage. It does not have to proceed, if it is not your wish. We will find another way to renew ties with Mirkwood."

Then, seeing his daughters astonished expression, he realised that she had been anticipating a full on yelling match. Elrohir wished he had been a better father to her.

"Are you happy, my daughter? Because that is the most important thing to me."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 06:14
Baineth looked absolutely shocked. She had been expecting shouting and angry tears, but none came. Her father's voice sounded... was it, understanding? ... Not possible. She felt her cheek with the back of her hand... No, she didn't feel warm... She wasn't sick and losing her mind. He was actually sincere. She looked up at him. "Father, I understand completely. No, that is not true. Do not speak of such things, this is the only way to create a stronger alliance with Mirkwood and you know that to be true. They have not accepted any offers before this, and it seems they are accepting this. Which is why I need to accept it. ... Father, this needs to be done, no matter how I feel about it. I will learn to accept it over time, and that's all that matters. I know all that mother would have wanted was for us to get along, to make each other happy, and if this will make you happy, then so be it. All I need to be happy is to know that you are happy with me." she said, smiling slightly at Elrohir. "I forgive you." she added, embracing her father tightly.

(Awwwwwww!!!!!!! :cry: ... hehe ...)
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 07:09
(( ))

Feanor smiled softly. Happy that Baineth had talked with her Father. He stood up from against the wall and walked over to were Elleon and Raine stood, waiting for Baineth to emerge.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 07:10
Elrohir almost laughed with relief as his daughter hugged him. He had been so worried about neglecting her. But there was still the issue of the marriage.

"are you sure about this Baineth?" He said, over her shoulder, (which was considerably lower than his) " As I said before, this does not have to happen. Mirkwood may not be strong allies, but still, they are not our enemies and will not be any danger to us."

Meanwhile, Elleon had been lounging against the wall of the hallway next to Raine.

"How do you know Legolas?" he asked her curiously.
Just then, Feanor walked over to them. Elleon gave him a quick half smile and waited for Raine's answer

[Edited on 27/12/2004 by Laisi]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 11:01
Baineth's smile faded slightly as her father asked her if she were sure. She wasn't sure, but she did know that her father's title and throne could be in dire jeopardy if this marriage was not settled. "Father, I'm positive. This needs to be done. Mirkwood should be strong allies, and I know that they would not be very pleased if I did not agree to this. I know the king of Mirkwood has much power and he could... Well, unspeakable things could happen to you and I and the rest of our family. They would be more of a danger to us than you know, father."
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 06:51
Elrohir gazed at his daughter proudly. she was doing this for him.
"Mirkwood will not try to usurp my position. We are kin, and there is to be no kinslaying. The danger is not as great as you think. But, if you are fine with this marriage, there is nothing to argue about. I'm sure you'll like Legolas, I hear he's quite the lady's man."
Smiling, Elrohir turned and walked to the window where Legolas's blonde head was visible among the trees. He seemed to be conversing with someone, yet no one was there. Frowning, Elrohir said to his daughter.
"Perhaps you might like to meet him before the wedding? He's down in the courtyard."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 07:05
Baineth blushed slightly as her father looked at her, with pride, was it? ... She was not used to such looks. But she paid no mind to it. "Yes father, I am alright with it. I'm sure I'll learn to love him in the end," she said, smiling slightly. She looked out the window as her father did, and saw her betrothed's hair. Or at least she was sure it was. Her eyes widened in approval. But looks aren't everything. she thought. She looked back at her father. He said something that many would be smiling when they said, but he wasn't. He was frowning. "Ada, is something wrong?" she said, feeling concerned.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 07:10
"No, replied Elrohir, "Only that it seemed he was conversing with thin air. I must have imagined it. You should go meet him now."

Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:30
Baineth nodded slightly at her father, then turned around slowly and walked out of his chambers. Her legs did not want to move at all. Each step that she took seemed more difficult than the last, but she knew it was all in her mind. She was just nervous to meet her future husband. After what seemed to be forever, Baineth had reached the courtyard. She looked around until her eyes came across a blonde haired elf, not ten yards away. His back was turned towards her, so she could not see his face. But she was certain it was him. She continued to inch her way towards him. When she finally stopped, she was three feet away from him. She didn't wan't to be too close, that might just seem uncomfortable. "Hello?" she said quietly. He turned around to look at her and her eyes lowered to the ground.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 11:23
((Sorry I've been gone so long. Christmas, ya know. Also, Baineth, are you going to play Legolas? I forgot if you had said you were or not. ))

Melilaure waited for a while, nonchalantly wasting away the time. It seemed that her entourage had disbanded, and now she was alone, whiling away the hours as was her custom here. But soon she heard footsteps pounding through the halls of Rivendell. "Melilaure! Melilaure!" came a loud, girlish shout. Melilaure turned just in time to see a young, raven-haired elf maiden dashing down the hall toward her, her white robes trailing behind her. "What is it, Calenarie?"

The maiden stopped, traces of laughter still on her face. "Prince Legolas is out in the courtyard," she said in a singsong voice. "Don't you want to go out and see?"

Melilaure half-laughed, then playfully shoved her sister aside as she walked slowly toward the doors to the courtyard.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 08:31
(ladyofthewood, no, I didn't say I was going to be Legolas. um......... We needs a Leggy... um, I have nothing to post now, so.... buh bye!)
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 11:47
((perhaps you ought to change the title to "Solemn, Solitary and Secretive--We Need a Legolas!))
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2004 03:47
(I'll be LEgolas and Dairella. That okay?)

Legolas stood in awe at the garden. He had been there before, when Elrohir's father has the ruler. He sighed.
"Hello?" said an unfamiliar voice.
Legolas turned around and saw an elf-maiden. He realized it was Lady Baineth. He bowed.
"Lady Baineth. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Legolas of Mirkwood."
His blue eyes sparkled as he spoke. He waited for Baineth's reply.

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 04:08
Baineth's eyes stayed fixed on the ground. She could not bring herself to look at him. "I know who you are," she said softly, though she meant to say it in an annoyed voice. But she was too frightened to do so. Her voice wavered as she said, "My father told me you would be arriving soon, but he did not say it would be today." She did not look up at him. She just couldn't. She had no explanation.

(Yeah, it's good you are playing Legolas, it would have been disasterous if I said, "We need a Legolas" everyone would be posting and I'd have a million pages of posts saying, "I WANNA BE LEGGY!" .. hehe)
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 10:46
((ACK! I've been left behind! Lol, Ive been gone away for christmas))

Raine looked at Elleon, "I fought at the Battle of Pelennor Fields, I met him there. I also know him from Mirkwood, my home. We were friends, but I have not seen him for a very long time, I haven't been home for a long time."

She turned her gaze towards the floor and crossed her arms.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 11:41
Melilaure and Calenarie walked out to the courtyard, where they observed Prince Legolas standing with a maiden who could only be Lady Baineth herself.

"Oh," said Melilaure,"he's with the Lady Baineth. We shouldn't interrupt." The two girls sat down in the shade, watching the conversation unfold.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 02:02
Baineth's eyes stayed fixed on the ground. She could not bring herself to look at him. "I know who you are," she said softly, though she meant to say it in an annoyed voice. But she was too frightened to do so. Her voice wavered as she said, "My father told me you would be arriving soon, but he did not say it would be today." She did not look up at him. She just couldn't. She had no explanation.

(Yeah, it's good you are playing Legolas, it would have been disasterous if I said, "We need a Legolas" everyone would be posting and I'd have a million pages of posts saying, "I WANNA BE LEGGY!" .. hehe)

(Lol, that would have been funny.)

Legolas looked at Baineth. She did not look at him. Not one second. He thought maybe she was shy or upset.He motioned toward her, hoping she wouldn't stop him.
"Lady Baineth. Even though I can't look into your eyes right now, I'm sure you are an even more beautiful lady on the inside, than you are on the out."
He lowered his neck so he could get her to look at him.
"Lady Baineth. Shall we go inside?" Legolas asked, trying to look in her eyes.

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 04:51
Baineth did not stop Legolas as he moved toward her. She looked up at him slightly but quickly looked away as he spoke. His voice was so... So .... There were no words to describe it. She felt herself shiver slightly as he spoke. He spoke so gently, his voice did not even sound heavily masculine, it was so sensitive. He lowered his neck to see if she would look at her and she did. She looked him in the eyes as he said, "Lady Baineth, shall we go inside?" Baineth nodded slightly. "Yes." she said noticing how blue his eyes were. They were almost hypnotic in a way, she found her self looking deeply inside them and not being able to look away. She hoped he wouldn't notice.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email