Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: February 02, 2005 02:40
Raine was a little stunned after Feanor had jumped over the edge of the balcony, but made no comment on it. 'Everyone has a reason for there actions I suppose.' She told herself.

She grew tired of the silence and took Feanor's idea of leaving. She went back into the halls to find a secluded spot, she pulled a small book from her cloak and flipped through the pages as she quietly walked away.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 03:19
Baineth jolted as she heard Feanor's voice inside her head, and dropped her flute, turning to her side, where he now sat. "Where'd you come from?" she said quickly, trying to catch her breath from the slight shock of having someone talk inside her own mind. My goodness, he scared me... I hope I'm not blushing. I feel so embarrassed. No one has ever followed me here before. Oh no, what if he's listening to my thoughts right now? Perfect, now I AM paranoid! ... He's probably not listening, I think he knows better. .. Or does he? She thought, biting her lip slightly, turning her head away from Feanor, hoping he was in fact, not listening to her thoughts. Even though she had telepathy herself, she never used it to hear someone's thoughts unless she had to. Not for fun. She thought it was a little rude, intruding on peoples' thoughts like that.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 05:37
Dariella smiled at the others.

"Excuse me," she said.

Once outside and no one could see her, she turned herself invisible and flew. Her wings made no sound at all. She followed Baineth and Feanor, wondering what was happening. Dariella telepathically spoke to Baineth.

Um, Baineth, I have a feeling that Feanor is becoming attracted to you. If I'm wrong, which I probably, will you still go for Legolas?
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 05:44
Feanor didn't want to scare her again. So He just looked at her, trying to see what she was so worried about. "I'm sorry if I.. I was just, thinking about you so I heard you. I didn't mean to scare you." He looked at Her. He knew some people took offence to people just budging in on their thoughts. But once He had heard He couldn't just keep quiet. "That was a beautiful song. Where did you learn it?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 07:37
Baineth began to feel aggitated. She said telepathically back to Dariella, Do you people enjoy talking inside my head or something? It's frankly starting to get on my last nerve. But... You think he's attracted to me? ... Not possible... But really, you really think so? That's interesting, I never would have guessed... Um.. I mean, I don't know, Dariella.. I know I had decided to marry Legolas, but... Oh, I don't know. Dariella, I'll get back to you, alright? I really need to think this through... She paused a moment, and realized Feanor had been speaking. She picked up, "I didn't mean to scare you," and "That was a beautiful song. Where did you learn it?" Baineth smiled slightly. "It would have been more beautiful if it wasn't cut off by a certain elf talking inside my head, now wouldn't it?" she said, laughing. She sighed and said, "I learned it from my father. When I was young, he used to hum it to himself when he thought I wasn't listening. And one day I asked him about it. He told me it was a lullaby my mother knew and was going to sing to me when I was born, but.." Baineth paused, frowning slightly, shaking her head. "It's a long story, Feanor, I'd rather not talk about it." She finished, and stood from the log, picking up her flute from the ground where it had fallen out of her hands, looking it over for damage. She sat back down and stared at the flute, waiting for Feanor to reply.

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 03:19
Feanor watched her "I know what you mean. Its alright. I am sorry, I scared you." He smiled and stood up. "I suppose I'll leave you to continue what you were doing. He turned on his heels and strode towards the edge of the forest. Once he was out side of the trees He looked both ways, trying to decide where to go. He turned right and went to the stables. He needed to check on his horse. maybe it was time He left.. Once He reached the stables He feed and watered his horse then looked up, into the rafters. He smiled and climbed up. He layed down on one of the larger beams above his horse and closed his eyes to sleep.

((ok yes, I am strange. ))
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 03:09
Baineth looked up at Feanor as he left. She frowned slightly, she had not wanted him to leave, she just didn't want to talk about her mother. She stood from the log and placed her flute back in the box, put the box in the hole, and covered the hole with the lage mossy stone. She sighed, wondering where Dariella was.

(yeah, you are pretty strange. ... sorry, i know, this one's kind of short.)
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 11:12
Dariella smiled when Baineth started to get on her nerves. She looked at the two. She sighed and watched as Feanor left and Baineth burry her flute box. She turned herself visible.

"Nice hiding spot," Dariella said.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 04:54
Baineth jolted as Dariella spoke. "What is this, 'Frighten the Elf princess Day' or something?!?" she said loudly, "Dariella, please don't do that! I've had enough shock for one day, you know that!" Baineth began to calm down. "Sorry for raising my voice, you just startled me."

[Edited on 6/2/2005 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2005 08:29
((ok, I can't stand the waiting anymore.))

Feanor woke a few hours later. As He opened His eyes and the light flooded in a memory came back to him of a similar time back in Tirion. He swung his feet down and sat on the beam. His horse was eating something. He considered sliding off the beam and onto Seregs back, but He decided against it. He stood and walked until He was over the walkway. Then He slid off the beam and onto the ground. He wasn't sure what to do so He headed back towards the forest He had found Baineth in.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 07:57
(Gah! Neither can I!!!)

Baineth looked at Dariella and said, "What were you talking about before? You said Feanor was attracted to me? ... What led you to believe such a ridiculous thing?" Of course she didn't think it was so ridiculous, but she still couldn't believe it herself. Was he? How could he be? What should she do? She knew she didn't have to marry Legolas, but it wouldn't be right if she backed out now. From that one moment in the garden, she could tell he didn't like this situation either, but he seemed to agree with it, and wasn't going to argue. But could she go through with the marriage? It would be difficult. She barely knew anything about him, he was nothing but a name and a pretty face to her. This decision would be as difficult as the marriage itself, now with Feanor in the mix. There could be no room for carelessness."Dariella, let's go back inside," she said, turning around. But she faced Dariella and added, "Maybe you should turn invisible again, I don't know who else may have followed me besides Feanor." She then turned back and began to walk towards the house.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 12:39
Dariella looked at Baineth. "Sorry for startaling you. And I may have been mis-informed when I said that Feanor was attracted to you. I think it was just Feanor who follwed. You know, other than me."

Dariella put her hand on Baineth's shoulder and turned herself invisible. She made sure that Baineth knew where she was when she was invisible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legolas had been wandering around the courtyard when he saw Lady Baineth. He thought he'd say hello. He madehis way toward her. When he and Baineth met, he bowed.

"Lady Baineth. Are you all right? You do no look well?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 11:49
"It's quite alright, Dariella. I think I'm getting used to being startled, seeing as it has happened mutiple times already today," Baineth said with a laugh. She nodded slighty at what Dariella had said next, about being mis-informed about Feanor. She continued walking towards the gardens, and felt Dariella's hand on her shoulder. She turned to look at her, but she had turned invisible. Baineth smiled at where she assumed Dariella was, and then turned back around to find herself five feet away from her betrothed, which made her stop dead in her tracks. As he got closer to Baineth, Legolas stopped and bowed to her. Baineth bowed her head to him and looked up as he said, "Lady Baineth. Are you alright? You do not look well." Baineth smiled slightly at him and said, "No, I'm perfectly alright, thank you. I was just coming back inside after a short walk."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 05:03
Legolas nodded.

"I'm glad," he said.

He offered Baineth her arm, inquiring her to take it.

"Shall we?" he asked.

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 12:19
Baineth smiled at blushed slightly at Legolas' comment that he was glad she was alright. She looked at his arm which he offered to her, obviously expecting her to take it. She wrapped her arm around his as he said, "Shall we?" She smiled and said, "I'd be delighted."

(eh, sorry for the short post, I have some work to do and I was merely stalling. )
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2005 04:18
(I think some people are hiding. I feel like I should jump out from behind a wall and scream 'Here I am!' never mind me though)

Raine stopped near a small set of stairs that led down into the garden. She stopped at the top step and lay down so that her head would bend over the stair and she could stare out at the garden upside down. She held her small book over her head to block the sunlight and read humming softly to herself.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 09:36
Legolas smiled as Baineth slipped her arm into his. Legolas led Baineth inside. Legolas tried to think of questions she could ask Baineth.

"So," he cleared his throat, "What are some of your hobbies?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dariella still had her hand on Baineth's shoulder. She thought she could whisper something into her ear, but then she thought that would startle her and Legolas would ask her if she was alright and...... Wait? What if she did do that? Would that get them talking? She decided to wait a few minutes so Baineth could reply.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2005 11:18
As they got inside, Legolas asked Baineth, "What are some of your hobbies?" Baineth thought for a moment and then replied, "I like to write stories. It's something I've always loved. Though, people often tell me all I do is read," she paused a moment, laughing slightly."But that's not completely true. I love to read, but I also play the flute. Not many people know that though," she continued, seeing that her and Legolas' arms were still linked together. She gently pulled her arm away from his, and looked back up at him. "What about you? From what I hear, you're quite the archer," she said, and waited for his answer.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2005 07:24
Legolas smiled. "Yes, I do love archery. My Ada taught me a long, long time ago. I practiced every day, trying to impress my father. He always loved who I would try my best. He knew I was not perfect, but hat I would try everything to reach my goal," said Legolas.
He looked at Baineth.
"So, writing, huh? Do you plan on writing a novel? Fiction? Non-fiction? History? What?"
He smiled at Baineth.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 09:28
Baineth listened interestedly as Legolas told about his father teaching him archery. She had heard many great things about the king of Mirkwood, but never realized she would be as privelaged as to be betrothed to his heir. Baineth blushed uncontrollably as Legolas began asking so many questions. He seemed very interested in what she had to say."Yes, I write often. But I don't plan on writing a novel... I'm not that good. Writing isn't my strongest point. Like I said before, I play the flute. I love music," she said, smiling at Legolas. It may have taken her a while to notice, through her worries of this ordeal, but she realized Legolas was truly a wonderful person. (*)

(* And that's oh so wonderful to look at. ... Sorry this one's a bit short.)
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 08:56
(Mine are always short. Unless I have something good to say. Lol. Does Baineth cary her flute around?)

Legolas nodded. He noticed Baineth's flute. The one she mentioned a few moments ago. Legolas smiled. He looked at Baineth.

"Will you play for me?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2005 11:28
(Nope, she keeps it hidden. She doesn't like to play for others often... But she'll make an exception for Legolas.. ... Don't worry about that though, I'll just go along with it... lol...)

Baineth smiled at Legolas. "Follow me," she said, slowly turning around, walking towards the way they had just came, to go back outside to her "hiding spot," as Dariella put it. She thought of it more as a sanctuary. It provided her with a safe place to be while she wanted to be alone. Baineth looked over her shoulder and looked at Legolas and said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, "You had better follow me, unless you want to come looking for me. You'll never find me, you know..." With that, she giggled and turned back, continuing to walk.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 07:19
Legolas smiled. He jogged to keep up with her. He decided to be bold and take her hand in his. Baineth looked at him and smiled. Legolas smiled back.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 02:08
Baineth laughed as Legolas ran to keep up with her. As he reached her, he took her hand and smiled at her. She returned his smile and then looked away quickly, biting her lip. She had no idea how his smile could make her heart melt as it was. She took a deep breath and turned back to him, smiling. She continued to lead him into the forest, holding his hand tightly, but not too tight. She looked at him and warned, "You better get ready to keep up with me..." With that, she let go of his hand and began to run through the trees, jumping over tree roots and fallen logs. She looked over her shoulder and saw Legolas close behind. She laughed and turned around, running slightly faster.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 02:33
Legolas just rolled his eyes when Baineth quickened the pace. He quickened his, not even breating that hard. They kept on running through the trees when Baineth stoppd at the lake Or whatever.) Legolas looked around.

"Nice place," he said.

He turned back to her and smiled. She had her flute in hand. He smiled.

"I'll dance if you play," he sad with a twinkle in his eye. He laughed softly.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 04:12
Baineth smiled, her flute in her hands as Legolas finally showed up. She sat down on the log and asked, "What took you?" She meant this retorically, (sp?) not expecting an answer. She laughed as Legolas said, "I'll dance if you'll play." She noticed his eyes had a hint of a childish glow in them. She continued smiling brightly and said, "If you want to, you may... I won't stop you." She held her flute up to her lips and began to play an upbeat tune, not normally one she would play if she were alone. She found it a strange feeling, but the song was as cheerful and happy as she was at that moment. She wasn't used to this emotion, but she went along with it. She continued playing the melody, and watched Legolas, who had begun to dance. She couldn't help grinning, trying to stop herself from laughing. But she found herself not able to focus well on the song, it just felt so nice to her to be smiling again.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 06:42
Feanor walked under the cover of the trees, Slowly making his way back to where Baineth had been. He was getting close when He heard the music. It was a lively tune, though quiet. He climbed the nearest tree and walked along the branches trying to find a good place to sit and listen. It reminded him of a tune they used to play in Tirion. He walked until he found himself sitting over Baineth. She was smiling and seemed on the verge of laughing; He looked out into the small clearing and saw the reason. It seemed that prince of Mirkwood was dancing to the tune. It wasn't all that funny, at least not in Feanor's thinking. He climber a little higher and sat down.

Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 07:07
Baineth continued to play the tune, when her ears pricked behind her, and she heard a slight rustle of the leaves above her in a tree. She paused for a moment and shook her head, deciding it was nothing. But then she stopped playing and looked at Legolas. "I, I've forgotten how the rest of the song went," she lied, though she laughed to cover it, "I can't believe I could have, but I guess I just haven't played it for so long.." She glanced behind her shoulder, up into the tree she had heard rustling from. She spotted Feanor, and gave him a small smile, but decided not to act upon it. She didn't wish to embarrass him for sneaking into the tree to listen. "Maybe we should go back inside?" She suggested to Legolas, and stood from the log. She looked back at Feanor and gave him an apologetic look, but then told him telepathically, "Come with us, just follow quietly. I'll make sure Legolas won't see you." She turned back to Legolas and smiled at him. She began to walk off towards the house, starting to feel ignorant and confused. Why did I have to do that? She thought. Why did I tell him to follow quietly behind? He could have accompanied us... She furrowed her brow slightly, then shook her head. She looked back at Legolas to make sure he was coming.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 11:11
"Maybe we should go back inside?" said Baineth.

Legolas nodded. He walked toward Baineth and held her hand.

"The song was lovely," said Legolas, hoping to break the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dariella lookd at Feanor who was walking silently behind Baineth. She made herself visible right in front of him. His eyes grew wide.

"What are you doing, Feanor?" askd Dariella, quietly.

She did not want to disturb Baineth and Legolas. Dariella raised an eyebrow and waited for his answer.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 01:40
Baineth smiled as Legolas took her hand. "That song was lovely," said Legolas, and Baineth replied, "Thank you, I wish I hadn't forgotten the rest, but you never may know what will happen." She sighed slightly, watching the trees getting farther and farther away as they exited to forest. She led Legolas inside, and walked through the halls, until they came to a door. "This is where you'll be staying while you are here," she said to him. She lost all other words that were in her mind. She looked at the floor trying to remember, but she couldn't. She kept staring at the floor, and for some reason she couldn't look back up.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 03:04
Legolas looked at the door. He nodded. "Yes, all right. Hannon le Lady Baineth."

Baineth was looking down. Legolas frowned slightly.

"Are you all right, Baineth?" asked Legolas.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 11:02
Baineth looked up with her eyes at Legolas and merely sighed. "I'm not sure. Have you ever experienced a time when you felt like nothing could go wrong, but then you suddenly become aware that there just might be something lurking through your mind that will make everything come undone?" She said, looking up at him. She didn't know what else to say. She had not meant to put it so drearily, but that was how she felt. She was having a good time getting to know Legolas, but then something made her think that this could all just fall apart.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 07:50
Feanor continued to listen to the tune as it got more lively and fast. suddenly the song stopped, and He heard her explain that she had forgotten the rest. He met Baineths gaze as she smiled at him, and tried to return the smile but somehow his heart was not in it. Then He heard her suggest to Legolas that they go inside. "Come with us, just follow quietly. I'll make sure Legolas won't see you."

Feanor looked back down at her as her voice echoed through his head. The prince held out his arm and she took it, then they started to walk towards the halls. After a few moments He slid off the branch and onto the ground. Why was he even here? all He would do was eventually cause discord. but that has never turned me away before He followed them quietly, as Baineth had said. He could faintly hear them talking. But then. as He was walking suddenly someone appeared before him. He nearly ran into her. "What are you doing, Feanor?" He looked at Dariella "I.. I'm.." He looked past her at Baineth. "following, Baineth bid me do so." He continued to look at her. She had a kind of accusing look on her face. Staying a few more moments He shouldered past her and walked into the forest, still absently keeping near Baineth.

He followed them into the halls always staying a corner behind. He saw Baineth stop and explain that the room in front of them was to be Legolas'. Then she dropped her gaze. "Are you alright, Baineth?" That was Legolas. When Feanor heard her answer he knew the feeling. It was something that seemed to happen to him often. He watched as they continued to walk, but He did not follow.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 06:52
"I'm not sure. Have you ever experienced a time when you felt like nothing could go wrong, but then you suddenly become aware that there just might be something lurking through your mind that will make everything come undone?"

Legolas looked at Baineth. He cleared his throat. He nodded slightly.

"I suppose so. A long time ago. But I barely even remeber it now."

Leglas looked into Banieth's eyes. "Why do you ask? You know, you can be completely honest with me. I will always be honest with you. Know that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I.. I'm.." He looked past her at Baineth, "Following. Baineth bid me do so."
He continued to look at her. She had a kind of accusing look on her face. Staying a few more moments He shouldered past her and walked into the forest, still absently keeping near Baineth.

Dariella let him brush past her and she rolled her eyes with a kind of annoyed look in them. She turned around and followed him. When he stopped the next time, she saw him looking at the Elven couple. Dariella looked at Feanor.

"Feanor," she said to him quietly, "Why did you follow them in the first place?"

[Edited on 10/30/2004 by TheElvenPrincess]
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 12:03
Baineth looked at Legolas with a tear in her eye, which she didn't bother to wipe away as she said, "Legolas, I'm not sure how I can be honest with you when I fail to be honest with myself." She began to walk backwards slowly, still looking him in the eye, then turned around and walked away. While she had been enjoying her time with Legolas, she felt her heart being pierced and shattered when she looked back at Feanor and saw him in the tree, hiding as though he were afraid of being seen. Was he? Why hadn't he just joined Baineth and Legolas? Had he felt over-shadowed by him? Did he think Baineth would not pay attention to him because of Legolas? She couldn't answer these questions herself. As she continued walking through the halls, Baineth ran into someone. She immediately looked up and saw her father standing there in front of her. "Adar, I'm so sorry. I should have been looking where I was going," she said, turning to wipe a tear away so he wouldn't see she had been crying. She looked back at him and tried to hide this fact as well as she could.

(Oh where oh where has my Elrohir gone? ... Oh where oh where can he be???? .... Who thinks they wanna be Elrohir for now?)

[Edited on 15/3/2005 by Baineth_Iell_Undomiel]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email