Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: December 13, 2004 07:58
Elleon nodded, "Yes, I would like to speak with him again. but not right now. I sense that he knows I have come, for the last time we met, he told me

"The next time you come here, you will have suffered more, and laughed less. I will welcome you all the same. But your tale will be one of woe. You must find the secret to your past"...

Eleon paused. Then said, " I think I will put my horse in the stables for a start."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 07:45
(Sorry I haven't been posting. I totally forgot about this.)

Dariella explained to Baineth, that she could turn invisible when she needed to. While talking, she knew what the people around them were saying. She could listen to many different conversations at once. It was kind of cool. She sighed and said, "Baineth, I also have foresight. It is about your father. If you would like to know it, tell me and wi do my best to make sure you understand."
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 04:56
Rainë slowly grinned, "Just to see Rivendell would be nice, I haven't been here since.." She stopped, her eyes went glassy as if seeing a vivid memory, she shook her head, "It would be nice to see the beauty of Rivendell again." She looked at the ground and rocked on her heels, biting her lower lip.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 12:42
Baineth wiped away another tear, and looked at Dariella. "You have the gift of foresight? I thought that only Elves could have such a gift... But then again, I have never met a faerie either, so I guess that makes sense... What I don't understand is why my father is doing this to me. He often does not let me do what I please, but having me marry against my will does not seem like him." she said, looking down from the tree. She could see a group of people not too far away, just out of earshot. She would go see who they were later, for now, she had to learn what Dariella knew about her father's plans for her marriage.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 01:24
Melilaure smiled again, and, gesturing to her left, said, "The stables are over here. There will be someone to take your horse."
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 01:30
(( so sorry guys, I have been away from the computer for a while but I am back! and its ok Elleon, you are right, more interesting that way ))

Feanor understood Elleons answer, then he listened to the tales. he turned to look back into the trees as the subject of going inside came up. "I was planing on it yes." he sighed and then said "I also have to see what became of my horse" shook his head and he looked back to the trees again. wondering if he should go help the maiden in the tree.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 08:52
"My horse and I both prefer it if I took her there myself. She is shy of strangers touching her," he said to Melilaure.

With a glance towards the trees and the conversation within, Elleon whistled to Laisi, who came trotting out to him. The white mare tossed her head and sniffed at the strangers.
Elleon murmered softly to her and stroked her neck.

"I think I will put you in the stable now," and he lead her to the stables.

She was fed, watered and groomed properly, all by Elleon himself for both he and his horse preffered it this way.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 07:45
Rainë looked in the trees where everyone was staring, she then spun around and walked in a circle, "Well, are we going inside or not, I'm bored of just standing here." She got her dagger out and started flipping it again.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 10:27
Feanor thought for a moment. "I can check on Sereg later, he knows his way around. inside it is." he gave one last galnce to the trees, decideing to pay a visit to those girls later. then he walked off towards the doors.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 11:23
Elleon returned from the stables in time to see Raine and the others going indoors. Quickly checking the trees again, he followed. He soon caught up to them, and joined to conversation again.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 11:24
Baineth wiped away another tear, and looked at Dariella. "You have the gift of foresight? I thought that only Elves could have such a gift... But then again, I have never met a faerie either, so I guess that makes sense... What I don't understand is why my father is doing this to me. He often does not let me do what I please, but having me marry against my will does not seem like him." she said, looking down from the tree. She could see a group of people not too far away, just out of earshot. She would go see who they were later, for now, she had to learn what Dariella knew about her father's plans for her marriage.

Dariella sighed.
"Now, that I don't know. Basically, I was sent here to you to help you figure out what is going to happen. My advisor told me that you will know or that you alredy know. If you don't know now, you will in the near future."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 12:53
quote:

Dariella sighed.
"Now, that I don't know. Basically, I was sent here to you to help you figure out what is going to happen. My advisor told me that you will know or that you alredy know. If you don't know now, you will in the near future."

Baineth sighed, listening to what Dariella had to say. "You mean to tell me you have no idea what-so-ever?" she said, beginning to sound angered. "How are you going to help me?!?" Baineth realized she was about to have one of her frequent temper tantrums, but caught herself. ... "No one can help me. When my father makes up his mind, that's that. It won't be changed."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 01:35
Dairella said, "No, no, no. We can make him change his mind. We just need to think of how."
She put her index her on her chin and tapped it.
"Um, we could try hypnosis?"
Baineth raised an eyebrow.
"Just an idea. Let's see. I could try a special drink to make him change his mind. Wait, that sounds like the hypnosis thing. I'm out right now. You got anything?"
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 03:52
Baineth looked confused. Hypnosis would have effect, but she was to upset to agree to anything. "Honestly, I have no ideas. I just don't understand! This is not like my father, he's never done anything like this before." she said, feeling as though she were about to cry again, and she didn't hold herself back... She cried, face hidden in her hands, and turned from Dariella. She didn't like to be watched while she cried, she tended to get embarrassed easily.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 04:09
Rainë kept towards the back of the group, flipping her dagger, and humming softly to herself. She heard bits of the conversation and gave simple answers with spoken too, her eyes never leaving her dagger, which usually meant she was deep in thought. 'I've nothing to fear so why am I worried, maybe I am not worried just anxious, but for what?' She sighed and placed the cool flat side of the blade against her forehead, and moved closer to the group before flipping it again.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 04:32
Elleon watched as Raine began flipping her dagger again. She seemed to do it whenever she felt uneasy about something or nervous. It was a strange habit. He decided not to mention it.

While walking along the corridor, he heard a glimpse of a conversation. Two people were arguing. Their voices floated out into the hallway and a few words of it reached Elleons ears.

.."Your daughter refuses to marry him," a voice said quietly.

"She WHAT!" exclaimed the other, " How dare she refuse! I provide her with the best possible husband that will form an alliance that helps us all! Where is she?"

"She is hiding, sir," replied the first.

The rest of the conversation was drowned out by the sudden arrival of a bunch of elves, singing merrily. Elleon raised an eyebrow at his companions. Thinking about the people in the trees outside.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 08:10
Baineth looked confused. Hypnosis would have effect, but she was to upset to agree to anything. "Honestly, I have no ideas. I just don't understand! This is not like my father, he's never done anything like this before." she said, feeling as though she were about to cry again, and she didn't hold herself back... She cried, face hidden in her hands, and turned from Dariella. She didn't like to be watched while she cried, she tended to get embarrassed easily.

Dariella moved over to Baineth and hugged her.
"Baineth, your father is furious because you will not marry."
She let Baineth cry for a while then talked some more.
"Listen, I do know what will happen t your father if you do not marry the person he has picked out for you. Tell me, how much do you love your father? Because he is going to need a lot of love very soon."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 12:20
Baineth began to calm down, but still looked melancholy. "I never said I would not marry him... I just don't understand why I must.... Honestly, I don't know how much I love him. All I think about when I am near him is about my mother. She died giving birth to me, and my father rarely paid attention to me as I grew up. He didn't even help raise me! ... Most of the time, I don't know who he is. .... What will happen to him if I refuse to marry?"
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 01:07
Melilaure led the group through the doors of Rivendell, but stopped short when she heard a conversation in the halls.

"Your daughter refuses to marry him..."

Melilaure blinked incredulously as she realized what they were hearing. She turned to her companions and said softly, "They're talking about Lady Baineth. She's the daughter of a prominent person here, and she's supposed to marry the Prince of Mirkwood. But she doesn't want to, and so she decided to hide. I suppose her father found out."

She paused for a moment, and added, "If I were Lady Baineth, I'd marry the Prince without hesitation--he appears to be quite the ladies man." She grinned sheepishly, and then turned to greet the group of elves that suddenly burst singing down the halls.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 08:46
Rainë shook her head, "She should not be forced to marry him, even if he is quite the eye catcher."

She jumped when the group of elves came singing down the halls and tossed her dagger up high. She regained her composure and grabbed her dagger before it hit the floor. She looked away to hide her now crimson cheeks from the others in the group, "I wasn't expecting that." She mumbled.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 12:34
Feanor smiled at Raine then looked down the hall at the elves singing. he thought about what Melilaure had said. poor girl, that was why she was crying. "Melilaure, where, may I ask, are you taking us?"

(( hehe, out of Ideas tired.. must go now..))
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 01:05
Baineth began to calm down, but still looked melancholy. "I never said I would not marry him... I just don't understand why I must.... Honestly, I don't know how much I love him. All I think about when I am near him is about my mother. She died giving birth to me, and my father rarely paid attention to me as I grew up. He didn't even help raise me! ... Most of the time, I don't know who he is. .... What will happen to him if I refuse to marry?"

(Is Baineth a princess? If not, I'll change it.)
Dariella said, "Your father will have to forfeit the throne. This man are supposed to marry, his father is more powerful than your father. He could have him killed if he wanted. But I know he doesn't. He just wants to have many kingdoms. He's arrogant and self-centered. I can tell you that."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 02:06
(yes, she is. She's the daughter of Elrohir)

Baineth bit her lip and thought deeply at what Dariella said. "I couldn't let that happen to him... He would be devastated... I still don't agree with it. But I'll do it for the sake of my father..." she said, and sighed heavily. She didn't want to seem rude, but she was dying to see who these visitors were. "If this is all you know, I must go and see who our visitors are. Thank you so much for all your help... I don't know what I would have done without you." Baineth smiled at Dariella and began climbing down the tree, and jumped as soon as she was half way down. She ran inside and saw the visitors, with another who Baineth had seen around many times. She knew this one was not a visitor. She also saw her father talking with one of his advisors, so she ran as quickly as she could to the group of people as to not be seen by her furious parent. Yes, she had agreed to marry this prince of Mirkwood, but she couldn't face her father now, he needed to calm down. As she reached the group, she smiled at them all. "Welcome to Rivendell. I am Baineth, daughter of Elrohir." she said.
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 02:59
Elleon smiled as Raine dropped her dagger. The group of elves swept through the halls, calling a brief greeting to the four, before resuming their song.

Elleon recognised the voice as one of Elrond's sons, Elrohir. He had met Elrohir, and had befriended him. They were distant kindred. However, judging by the conversation he had just heard, there was much change in him. Perhaps not only Elrohir had changed.

The lady Baineth greeted the group, Elleon, giving her a gracious bow, introduced himself.
"I am Elleon, I'm not sure whether you remember me or not from last time I was here. I knew lord Elrond and your father."

Feanor had asked Melilaure where they were going.Cutting in, Elleon told them he wanted a word with Elrohir and would catch up to them later.

Giving each a brief nod, Elleon entered the chamber on his right.
((Is anyone playing Elrohir? Baineth, can you? if no one else will play him, I'll try cos I'm out of ideas too))

[Edited on 20/12/2004 by Laisi]
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 04:12
((hehe, you to Elleon? must be a disease... hm. anyway.))

Feanor returned the nod to Elleon then turned and gave a slight bow to Baineth "Thank you Lady Baineth. I am Feanor, son of Finwe."
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 04:55
(well, I guess for the time being I could be Elrohir, but someone might have to take over if Baineth has to talk to him, ok? lol... anywho...)

Baineth nodded slightly at Feanor. "You're most welcome. Nice to meet you." she said, smiling warmly. "I have not met many lately, considering I hide away in my bed chamber or the trees," she added with a small laugh. She paused for a moment, not sure why she had said that. "Tell me, what brings you to Rivendell?"
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 05:26
Feanor looks at her " I was wandering. I came very close to this city and decided to stop. it is very peaceful and I enjoy it here " he smiled at her.

[Edited on 20/12/2004 by veneaquende]
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 06:28
Rainë watched as everyone either left or began talking to someone, she stepped back and walked outside. She leaned against the wall and sang softly, "Ú i vethed nâ i onnad. Nâ boe ú i. [Es]teliach nad, estelio han."

She closed her eyes, and smiled enjoying the silence and beauty of Rivendell.

[Edited on 21/12/2004 by Piratica]
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2004 07:11
Elleon stepped into Elrohir's chambers and announced his own entrance.
"My friend, What troubles you?" he said, as Elrohir jumped out of his chair and embraced him as a long lost brother.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the unfortunate servant who had bore the brunt of his lords anger siding out the door. Elleon gave him a quick nod of reassurance from over Elrohir's shoulder. He would need a break.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 01:44
Baineth smiled. "Yes, it is very peaceful, isn't it? I love this place dearly." she said, her smile fading and her eyes looking off to the side, just to make sure her father was not there. To her most contentment, he wasn't. "Where did you travel from?" she said as she looked back at Feanor.

Elrohir sat in his chamber, his eyebrows furrowed angrily. He heard the door open and was about to turn around and see who had entered when he heard a familiar voice he had not heard in years. "My friend, what troubles you?" the voice said, and Elrohir jumped out of his seat to embrace his friend Elleon. He stepped back and looked at Elleon. "My friend, what brings you here? It's been such a long time!"
Laisi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 02:17
In answer to Elrohir's question, Elleon said, "It has been long since I have seen the beauty of the sanctuary of Imladris. I have missed it too."

"Your daughter has upset you?" he asked, glancing, imperceptibly out the door. He didn't want Elrohir knowing she was there for the moment so he strode quickly to the doorway and shut it behind him. Elleon caught a glimpse of his friends as it was closing and gave them a brief smile.

Then he waited for Elrohir's answer.
((Baineth, I'll try to play Elrohir when he's talking to you))
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 08:23
Feanor looked at Baineth "I came from Rohan. I had not been there long. But the middle of a hall is no place to talk." he kept his eyes on Baineth, waiting for her reply.

(( :rolling: ))
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 10:40
Dariella had come along but she had turned invisible. She whispered to Baineth.
"Hey, it's me, your'fairy godmother'. Look toward the back. You see the tall, blue-eyed, blonde? That is who you are supposed to be marrying."
Dariella looked toward the back. She laughed softly while she flew around the advisors like a fly.

(In case you have not notcied, Dariella is kind of like a Lucinda from Ella Enchanted only nicer and knows what are good gifts and what are bad gifts. She also very goofy and silly. She loves having fun. Lol.)
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 10:48
Elrohir watched Elleon as he shut the door, and massaged the side of his head, frustrated at what Elleon had just asked. "Yes, she has upset me. I had arranged for her marriage to the prince of Mirkwood and she refuses. To tell you the truth, I've gone right passed upset to furious." he said, looking Elleon in the eyes.

Baineth smiled at what Feanor just said. "Rohan? I've always wanted to go there, I've heard such wonderful things about it." she said, but then realized she had answered too quickly to comprehend what he said last. "But the middle of the hall is no place to talk." Baineth nodded slightly and said, "Yes, you're right. The middle of the hall is probably not the best place to talk right now." she looked behind her as if she had felt her father standing behind her, breathing angrily down her neck. She shuddered unconciously.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2004 01:06
((Ack! I missed all the action! Also, I hope you guys don't mind what I'm about to do here, if not I can change it. I'm going to attempt to bring Legolas into the story. I'll play him when he's talking to Melilaure, and if someone else wants to take the part from there, they can do so.)

Melilaure looked up and down the halls, watching as Elleon went to find Elrohir. She smiled and bowed as Baineth approached, but remained silent as the lady talked to Feanor. She decided to wander a bit while she waited for Elleon, and communicated this desire to Raine.

She walked down the bright halls, admiring the scenery she knew so well. And then, as she heard footsteps down the hall, her keen ears caught a snatch of conversation.

"...the Prince of Mirkwood...arriving in Rivendell...meet his new bride..."

Melilaure whipped around to face the people who had just entered, and found that she was looking straight into the eyes of the Prince of Mirkwood himself--Legolas.

"H-h-hello, sir," she said nervously. The powder blue eyes looked directly into hers, and she found herself completely tongue-tied.

The Elven prince smiled at her nervousness, and said, "Hello miss. What is your name?"

"M-M-Melilaure, sir."

"Well, Melilaure, do you live here?"

His kindness and tolerance nearly killed Melilaure. Praying that she would not faint, she replied, "Yes, I do."

"Then I'm sure you know that my betrothed, the Lady Baineth, resides here."

"Yes."

"Do you know where she is now?" he asked kindly.

"Well," Melilaure said slowly. Even though Baineth had never asked her not to tell Legolas where she was, Melilaure felt uncertain about disclosing her location. She decided to lie. "I don't know where exactly she is, but you might check Lord Elrohir's chambers. If she's not there, I'm sure Lord Elrohir will know where she is."

"Thank you," said the prince, and he strode off, leaving Melilaure in awe of the fact that she had just spent about a minute and a half talking to Prince Legolas of Mirkwood.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email