Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Solemn, Solitary, and Secretive (No new characters now please)
on: March 15, 2005 01:08
((The return of Melilaure and Calenarie...))

Melilaure and Calenarie ambled slowly through the Rivendell halls. There was silence between them, most of the time. They felt no need to speak, for they had guessed what had transpired between the rest of their party. As they traversed the corridors, they eventually noticed Legolas standing alone, looking not at them, but through them. Melilaure was about to duck into a neighboring room, but Calenarie pulled her forward. The sisters moved cautiously towards the prince, and stopped in front of him. Her voice tentative, Calenarie began.

"Um...Prince Legolas? Are you...alive? Or what?"

Her face flushed as she realized the utter stupidity of what she had just said. Melilaure's eyes widened, but she made no movement. Calenarie waited, steadily turning fuschia, for the Prince's answer.
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 02:36
"Feanor," she said to him quietly, "Why did you follow them in the first place?"

Feanor slowly turned to Dariella. He looked at her, not knowing what to say. "What business is it of your what I do with my time? I should never have come in the first place." He looked her in the eyes, waiting for her answer. Baineth had gone and the blond haired elf was standing in the middle of the hall. witless telerin elf Dariella had still not answered. "I will leave if that is what you're pressing me to do." He rested a hand on the hilt of his sword. It was in need of use, however he had nothing at the moment to use it on. A song came to his mind that his mother used to sing to him. He didn't remember her much. The song was about going home, He wished he could. He missed his father and mother, but nothing could bring them back now. He had taken revenge but it never seemed to be enough.
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 05:30
Dariella looked at Feanor. "I cannot answer that. That is for me to know. Feanor," she said, walking towards him. "I want to be able to trust you. I want to be able to know good things will become of you."

Dariella backed away from Feanor and left him alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um...Prince Legolas? Are you...alive? Or what?"

Legolas cleared his throat and shook his head kind of in a way to shake away bad memories. He looked at the sisters and smiled.

"I'm alive. But, a little broken. I don't know why I am. I told Lady Baineth that I would be completely honest with her and she told me she could not be honest with some if she was honest with herself."

He sat down, his back toward the wall, his head in his hands.

"I'm just-- I'm just so confused. I don't know what to think."
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 01:16
Melilaure listened attentively to the Prince. As her sister's cheeks gradually lost their claret flush, she stepped forward.

"The Lady," Melilaure began, "was rather shellshocked when the idea of an arranged marriage was first proposed to her. I was not present for the things which happened after that, but to my understanding, something has jarred her even more. I hope I am not too bold, but in your place I would bide my time. Most likely she needs a while to straighten herself out, to think. She's quite a pensive person, you know, so I doubt it'll take her long to come around by herself."
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 05:05
Raine had got up and began walking the halls again, 'I come here seeking someone to speak with and I find the same solitude I had on the road.' She smiled to no one. She had seen Baineth walking through the halls and had thought nothing of it. Now she passed Melilaure and Calenarie speaking to the Prince, she stopped hoping to have a little companionship, but from the looks upon their faces she felt as if she were intruding, "If I am interrupting I'll be on my way.."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 05:11
"The Lady," Melilaure began, "was rather shellshocked when the idea of an arranged marriage was first proposed to her. I was not present for the things which happened after that, but to my understanding, something has jarred her even more. I hope I am not too bold, but in your place I would bide my time. Most likely she needs a while to straighten herself out, to think. She's quite a pensive person, you know, so I doubt it'll take her long to come around by herself."

Legolas nodded. "Yes, I understand how she feels. I never thought an arranged marriage was good idea either, but Lady Baineth and I had a wonderful time just now. Bt if she needs to think about things, let her. I want to make her happy. I am very fond of her."

Legolas laughed a little. "I think she and I both drea of love and not fondness. Yes?" he chuckled.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2005 01:24
Melilaure nodded her assent at Legolas' remark. Then, seeing Raine behind her, she turned. "Raine, hello," she said warmly. "I had been wondering where you were..."
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 05:39
Raine smiled at Melilaure, "I've been out of doors, but I tire of being alone." She looked from Melilaure to Legolas and back, "Again, if I'm interuppting I'll leave, I'm looking for someone to talk to, but I don't want to be a nuisance."
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 05:50
Legolas looked at Raine.

"No, you do not have to go. That is if you don't want to."

Legolas stood up. He sighed. "Ladies, if you do not mind, I'd like to be alone."

Legolas smiled at them then left for his room.
ladyofthewood234
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 12:33
Melilaure curtsied slightly to Legolas as he left the room. She then turned to Raine, and said,

"Don't take offense--he's a bit out of it today. ...Troubles with the Lady Baineth," she added.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 04:27
(hey, does someone think they could be Elrohir to answer Baineth from my last post? lol, no pressure or anything, but yeah...)
veneaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:06
((I'm going to kill Laisi... alright I'll do it..))

Elrohir looked at Baineth as she turned away, There was something troubling his daughter and he meant to find out what. She turned back to him. He could see she had been crying. A worried look came across his face. "Why were you crying Baineth? what is wrong?." She looked at him, wondering what to say. "I don't know why Ada. I'm just so confused." She sighed and looked to the floor. After a moment He spoke, He now understood. "Baineth." She looked back at him. "If your not sure." He wasn't sure how to put this himself. "About Legolas, If you need to think." He looked into her eyes.. "But make sure whatever you choose is the right choice. You have time." In a last attempt to reassure her He smiled.
Baineth_Iell_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:15
Baineth listened to what her father had to say. But this had not helped her in the slightest. "Then why doesn't there seem to be a right choice, Ada? Why does it seem that I have no time?" she asked, a tear rolling down her cheek, followed by several more. She tried to wipe them away, but she was so overcome by them that she could do nothing than to fall to her knees, her face in her hands, sobbing.
Piratica
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 01:18
Raine nodded at Melilaure, "Yes, I understand. She seems to be having quite the time with her feelings."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email